Page 1085 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 855859851035107510801083108410851086108710901095113511851585 ... LastLast
Results 21,681 to 21,700 of 37994

Thread: Fate/Grand Order - English

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, the reason that I hesitate to actually use the phrase "SJW" is because my motivation is a goal, not an agenda against a particular group. In other words, I want something. Whose heads roll or whose ghost hands I have to trample (yes, Satsuriku no Tenshi reference) to get it is irrelevant. I believe that I had made this clear during my Columbus tomato story. His actions resulted in marinara sauce (importing tomatoes, etc.). I have nothing against Native Americans, but I won't let knowledge of what Columbus did or did not do to them stifle my enjoyment of said sauce.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    mm.

preventing discussion or consideration of anything is the situation that annoys me.

Can't even learn about anything - or the subject in question - through discussion - it's "This is what it is because I or We say so. No talking back."

-

Censorship is a word in English that is used widely, it's not an exclusively governmental term. So you'll hear it used in many ways regardless.
    And considering how hostile and virulent social media can be, companies may want to adjust in response due to - commercial decisions.
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Because really, the idea that Sony is somehow doing anything because of feminism is laughable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hen_Ichi View Post
    mm.

preventing discussion or consideration of anything is the situation that annoys me.
    "Preventing".
    Am I a mod? Do you see me warning or banning anyone? People are saying stupid or dishonest things, and I'm correcting them. That's AAAAALL it is.
    (See, it's this level of knee-jerk reaction which helps spread the myth of "feminists are ruining media!!!!1!!!".)

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    well it's not myth, there are SJW people that complain over dumb things. But I don't think the company will be moved by some dumb shits like that (well except crunchyroll though, banning Goblin Slayer from CR awards because of raped things)
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Because really, the idea that Sony is somehow doing anything because of feminism is laughable.
    No more laughable than the removal of "Satanic references" are because of religious conservatives.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    And considering we're not communicating either in Ancient Greek (which isn't your language) or modern one, and that regardless of its roots language evolves, I'm going to ignore that as the moronic argument it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? I'm surprised. That's basically LVL's argument, among a few others here.
    It doesn't work in Modern English with the very definition you provided either.

Now, while I have more than a few choice arguments to add to the discussion, shall we return this thread to its proper course and take it elsewhere?
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    well it's not myth, there are SJW people that complain over dumb things. But I don't think the company will be moved by some dumb shits like that (well except crunchyroll though, banning Goblin Slayer from CR awards because of raped things)
    And you just hit on why it's a myth. Sure, individuals from all walks of the ideological spectrum are perfectly capable of saying dumb, misguided, or malicious shit, but which ones do you think the cultural status quo reflect, the ones who say (off the top of my head) that all forms of penetrative sex are sexual violations, or the ones who think "Hey, women being raped is hot, I'd love to see more of it in my entertainment"?

ETA: Also, of both groups, which are the ones who only write "thinkpieces" on the internet and which are the ones who can (and do) organise harassment campaigns?

- - - Updated - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    It doesn't work in Modern English with the very definition you provided either.
    "It doesn't work in Modern English with the very definition you provided which comes straight from an English dictionary either." Riiiight.
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; February 17th, 2019 at 10:26 AM.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    And you just hit on why it's a myth. Sure, individuals from all walks of the ideological spectrum are perfectly capable of saying dumb, misguided, or malicious shit, but which ones do you think the cultural status quo reflect, the ones who say (off the top of my head) that all forms of penetrative sex are sexual violations, or the ones who think "Hey, women being raped is hot, I'd love to see more of it in my entertainment"?

ETA: Also, of both groups, which are the ones who only write "thinkpieces" on the internet and which are the ones who can (and do) organise harassment campaigns?

- - - Updated - - -

"It doesn't work in Modern English with the very definition you provided which comes straight from an English dictionary either." Riiiight.
    Dude, it's not like it's the first time movies, anime, manga, or novel have something like that. They are just targeting that are currently popular.
    Devilman Crybaby has some really equally disgusting shit but I don't see any conflict about it

So what? Are you saying people in opposite sex fucking each other on your entertainment better? Why wasn't SAO hit by it? The raped scene are much longer there even though it's one of the most popular anime out there?
    Last edited by Wandering Swordwoman; February 17th, 2019 at 10:36 AM.
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

- - - Updated - - -

You quoted "hegemony", not "hegemonic". From the very same dictionary:

hegemonic/ˌhɛdʒɪˈmɒnɪk,ˌhɛɡɪˈmɒnɪk/

adjective

1. ruling or dominant in a political or social context.
      "the bourgeoisie constituted the hegemonic class"

Unless you meant to call "nerds" a dominant political group.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

Now you're moving the discussion onto Goblin Slayer specifically, and I can't help you there because I don't care about it, nor could I compare it to, say, Devilman Crybaby, because I haven't read (watched?) it. Is it anything like the original Devilman, or is it more like Devilman Lady?

Blog Entries
    So. How bout that fate go fellas? Is taiga the greatest servant or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    She has cool animation for a 3 star Not enough Nee-san material
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    I don't much care for labels, but companies will move in response to social media outrage.

In the news over here, some company pulled some awful black coloured women's shoes with a face on it because blackface.
    This awful product line was available in a range of colours.
    knee-jerk reaction
    Hello.

I was talking in general. You are not any of those, not that I have said you were.
    A lot happens in social media nowadays and it tends to be an ugly growth of human behaviour from normal pre internet society.
    People don't need to have a position of power, but if a lot of people talk over someone until they don't feel like talking further - yes, that is preventing them from speaking.

And apparently I'm reactionary for feeling like this.

both

And I'm watching from the sidelines thinking - Dammit people.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    You quoted "hegemony", not "hegemonic". From the very same dictionary: [...]
    The very same dictionary, huh?

Other Words from hegemony

hegemonic \ ˌhe-​jə-​ˈmä-​nik

, ˌhe-​gə-​
    \ adjective

So it's intellectual dishonesty with you, then.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Now you're moving the discussion onto Goblin Slayer specifically, and I can't help you there because I don't care about it, nor could I compare it to, say, Devilman Crybaby, because I haven't read (watched?) it. Is it anything like the original Devilman, or is it more like Devilman Lady?
    Careful there, you probably don't care about it, but don't make a fuss when in hit works that you like
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    So. How bout that fate go fellas?
    Need roll good servants reeeeeeee

Fine, a mod has spoken.
    I've actually hit a point where I don't have many Servants I'm looking forward to. Off the top of my head, there are just Avicebron, Sieg, Sigurd, and Arthur, and if I understand it correctly, Sieg is a welfare and Avicebron can be gotten from the Friend Points pool. I'm much more interested in CEs than new Servants.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    Careful there, you probably don't care about it, but don't make a fuss when in hit works that you like
    No, no. Take that sentence literally: "I can't help you there [understanding why it was pulled from Crunchyroll when other works weren't] because I don't care about it [and thus, haven't kept myself informed]".
    I mean, I can speculate, but that's it.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    ooohhh
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    So. How bout that fate go fellas? Is taiga the greatest servant or what?

she's ok

The very same dictionary, huh?

Other Words from hegemony

hegemonic \ ˌhe-​jə-​ˈmä-​nik

, ˌhe-​gə-​
    \ adjective

So it's intellectual dishonesty with you, then.
    No, it's really not.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single