Thread: When can you begin posting? (Etiquette)

When can you begin posting? (Etiquette)

Is there an unwritten rule of time you need to spend lurking? Are there certain threads which are recommended for newcomers where they are expected to take their lumps? Because, honestly, it's intimidating to see so many people with tens of thousands of posts to their name and to join in their conversation without feeling like you are butting in. It's kind of a weird sensation to have a desire to share something but feel like someone with such an insignificant status simply shouldn't.

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    If you want to post random TM stuff, go here: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

If you have a TM-related question, go here (probably): Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Powerlevels and vs. thread: Badass Versus Thread

And don't worry, those "tens of thousands of posts" are shitposts

But seriously, if you want to share something, imo just do it. Don't be discouraged by sarcastic answers and remarks, don't be stubborn etc.

Take your time.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, this: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...-Rules-and-FAQ
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

Still sounds really tough but I hope I can just bite the bullet and break the ice somehow. Thanks for the reply.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to BL!

Rather than needing to lurk a lot, what you should do is participate, pay attention, and embrace the responses you get. Newcomers really only get in trouble with people when they do stuff like ask questions and then just dismiss the answers they get, or get corrected on a statement and then just plow ahead with the same wrong answer.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Hiya

Welcome to BL, you'll do fine

Hello, good meeting you all.

Blog Entries
    I'm writing this as a relatively new user compared to the others who posted here already: I think I felt exactly the same way when I first posted here, about an year ago.
    Before that, I lurked for nearly an year, too scared to even make an account. You're much braver than me, and I'm sure you'll have just as much fun as I do right now!

I started out by posting things I knew/heard, that I thought might contribute to the discussion.
    As others have mentioned, posting questions are tricky, because a lot of questions are answered best by "read [source material/the OP doc in the questions thread]".
    (But if you do ask good questions, a lot of knowledgeable people give detailed answers, which is really cool to read.)
    I've yet to be told I don't belong here or I'm butting in. Maybe everyone's too polite to say so, but I think they're kind enough to welcome newbies like us.
    Enjoy!
    FGO Supports (Last Update: 2019-08 Anniversary)

Quotes

<dyingcomputer> canaki <dyingcomputer> is the embodiment of notes

Quote Originally Posted by canaki View Post
    I stick to my opinion of Shinjuku = Higashide, Agartha = Minase, Shimousa = Sakurai, Salem = Meteo

(Since I'm repeating this a lot)

Welcome! Don't suddenly post in very old topics unless you have a good reason to, you don't have to have the last word in everything. Oh and don't make new ones for every little thing. Chances are someone already made the thread about said topic.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Don't worry too much about whether you belong (as long as it's a general thread and not some person's RP); that's a natural feeling that I and many others had when we first started posting. You'll end up taking a few knocks in the lore threads, but as long as you keep an open mind and retain information you'll be fine. Try reading plenty of source materials like FSN, Tsuki, Zero, and Apoc (CANON VOLUME 3 WHEN), and you'll have plenty to talk about with the other members of the forum.

Remember, everyone started at 0 posts in the beginning. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    One can begin anytime. One should never begin.
    don't quote me on this