Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 58910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: What's up with the hate for Shirou?

Huh, this thread really cleared my mind on the Shirou hate! It's not as bad as I thought it was!

I think I should make a Zero/Stay Night thread though

Blog Entries
    Why bother?
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

Well, it seems interesting...

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    HOW ABOUT A NICE GAME OF FATE/STAY NIGHT (PC VERSION)?

don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Then perhaps you should. Might give more substance to your arguments.
    Indeed that is good advice, but you'd be surprised by a few people who've been around for years that basically piece the plot together through arguments.

Had a few tell me personally that were quite a shock in the past, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were more.

Seeing humility in a debate is sometimes rare.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by enotita View Post
    Well, it seems interesting...
    What's interesting about it? So you can make more polls to confirm or complain about why people like a character or not?

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    What's interesting about it? So you can make more polls to confirm or complain about why people like a character or not?
    Thank you so much.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    Thank you so much.
    He said it with so much more tact than any of us were thinking it.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    I made this post with the intention of getting to the bottom of how someone like Shirou gets so much hate, and what traits he carried attracted pure hatred. I got my reasons and I want to thank everyone for that, I just felt he gets TOO much of it. And don't you think you're being a little too harsh? I'm not here to confirm it, I'm here to get to the bottom of it. If I got on someone's nerves, then I'm very sorry.

The thread I made is up by the way, I always felt that the massive contrast between Fate Zero and Fate Stay Night was trying to convey something. One is tragic, he other is hopeful.

Again, I'm sorry if I got on someone's nerves, I just wanted to learn something, get some new info, I got it, and I thank you all.

give the guy a break. he's new and he's trying. if you don't like the threads, ignore them and they'll eventually go away.

Thanks for the help<3. I'm trying to get used to this place, 2nd post I made haha.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Gl❀w View Post
    give the guy a break. he's new and he's trying. if you don't like the threads, ignore them and they'll eventually go away.
    It's not the threads that I have a problem with per se, it's the incessant nature of some of the stuff that comes up.

"Yo, that Archer guy's strong, right?"
    "No, he's basically the weakest Servant in the fifth war."
    "But he's strong though, right? That UBW and all, whoa, man, it's stronk as shit, right?"
    "Nah, basically any high tier Servant will wreck him even in UBW, and even lower tier ones can fight him in it"
    "But hey, he's strong, though, right? I mean, he's, like, the only Servant who uses his head, he can probably come up with a hundred ways to win against those other heroes!"
    "No, his smarts are what lets him barely hang in there against opponents who outclass him in every way."
    "But he's cool, right?"
    "I guess..."
    "Which means he's strong, right? I mean, he's got that UBW thing and he blows up swords and stuff!"
    "knob off you dog's todger"

The entire thread was that, only replace "archer stronk" with "but, everyone on this website, why does everyone outside this website hate Shirou?"
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

he'll become under-eager and jaded like everyone else soon enough

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    beast's lair, where TM fandom comes to die

US Friend Code
    ask me for code
    Blog Entries
    provided if you die when you are killed.
    Kentucky Fried Kirei, nah i'm joking. Nothin here

well, told ya.

'kay
    You jest?:3

Even ▆▆ end up on that place again

The special hell on hill full of swords ---------------------------------------------------------The hill of bloody battlefield

Blog Entries
    I think Shirou gets a lot of undue hate by new people who haven't watched the Fate route from 2006 or read the VN, since Ufotable butt kissers constantly tell you to skip Deen's adaptation, you're missing 1/3rd of his character development and you don't realize that UBW is the deconstruction route. All his ideals are achieved in the Fate route, but if you don't watch or read it you don't know that. And maybe because he's as dense as a bucket too.

recommending the DEEN anime, thats a rare sight

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    recommending the DEEN anime, thats a rare sight
    I actually watched Deen's route last, but that was because I watched Fate/Zero first and then new UBW 2014 then 2006 Deen, and yes, I'm reading the VN. Deen's route meant a lot to me because of seeing all the sad stuff she went through in Fate/Zero. It meant a lot to me to see Saber beat the living crap out of Gilgadouche made me happy because of how he was to her in the War. To see Shirou accomplish Kiritsugu's ideals maade me very happy, because I love superheroes (I love that they use that term in the VN).

I love Fate/Zero for deconstructing anti-heroes (Jason Todd from DC Comics is my favorite superhero character). I love Fate/Stay Night for deconstructing heroes in general. And I'm an odd Fate fan because I love all the adaptations evenly! And yes, I understand Deen wasn't perfect, but I understand why it was a Pragmatic Adaptation too!
    Last edited by GuardianSoulBlade; June 14th, 2017 at 05:13 PM.

I think it's the opposite. People used to hate Shirou so much because of DEEN's anime.

Well yes, maybe new fans who watch Ufo's UBW are getting the same reaction (because Shirou is blunt and naïve and it's hard to feel identified with him at first), but people used to hate on him the most after watching DEEN's Fate Stay Night. And I remember watching FSN the first impression I got from Shirou's character was how annoying he was. And actually a lot of people complained that DEEN's portrayal of Shirou was inaccurate. For me it wasn't until watching UBW that I started to figure him out and finally seeing from him getting some development.

So, in that sense, I don't think Ufotable made things worse for Shirou than before.

That said, in which part of Fate route did Shirou truly accomplished Kiritsugu's ideals? Like, Last Episode depicts one Shirou closer to Archer than the hero he whished to be.
    Last edited by Silkhouette; June 14th, 2017 at 05:43 PM.