Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Anima Kiseki // Gate: Future (IC thread)

Noah Habiki (& Jade Sapphy)
    Russian Institute - Blue Settlement
    Monday - Morning

Despite your best efforts to conceal your pain, it takes no more than a second for Anastasya to notice what you are going through. Yet, the kind of aid you'd expect from the average teacher never arrives. In fact, the more time passes, the more you come to realize that your health is none of her concern. Moreover, the silence between you and her is so sharp that you get the impression that your words have not been the correct ones to use in a situation like this. Indeed, the woman never asked to hear the reasons that brought you here. And you are fortunate that such is the case, otherwise... What would you tell her if she dared to press further? That you got randomly caught in a wild snowball alongside Jade, and that said snowball brought you all the way over there? That ridiculous boy-meets-girl story might work for a light novel, but certainly wouldn't work as a excuse, especially not in the Russian Institute. All you can do now is remain silent. You don't want to risk getting expelled, or worse, a trip to the rumored 'torture chambers'.

"You guys came to help me out, so it was the least I could do! Although... For you, Ma'am... I would have thrown myself into danger regardless!"

Meanwhile, Jade and the Penguin, or Pengy, as she calls it, seem to have reverted to a much lighter mood. Despite its small frame, Pengy's actions were key in turning the tables in your favor, so you'll overlook the fact that he is trying to shamelessly show off in front of a girl again. After what can only be described as a victory dance, the two part ways for moment, the girl intent on approaching the rest of the group. Your heart skips a beat as Jade walks past Anastasya without meddling a word. If Pengy deserves a medal for his valor, then how is one supposed to condecorate Jade's courage? Because, without a doubt, there is no one present who would dare to do what she just did.

"I am the one who's not done with you, Red." Funnily enough, the first response does not come from the teacher, but from the boy she just challenged. Even in close proximity, he remains calm enough to spit a response fitting for a delinquent to her face. "You were lucky to have your third-rate mascot around to save your ass today, but the next time I see you, you are dead meat."

He is definitively the youngest of the Blue group, so when you put him and Jade together, the whole thing ends up resembling a rivalry between 'little kids', even if the sentiment shared is much deeper. In any case, the whole thing is not meant to last with Kristoff there. Lifting the red haired girl single-handedly from behind, the woman simply tosses her back in your direction. It's an abrupt motion, one that certainly leaves clear that Jade is being treated like an object, however, the teacher's movements somehow fail to lose their grace. But more importantly, it's cruel...

---Because in your current state, you can't really dodge the incoming human projectile.

"Playtime is over. Igarashi, have you and your group use the translocator at the main building. The Opening Ceremony will begin shortly and we cannot afford to have the students with the highest distinctions be late. No detours... Is that clear?"

The bullies know an escape chance when they see one and so they gladly accept Anastasya's orders, leaving the scene with hurried steps. As you do your best to recover from the recent collision, the woman brings up an holographic display by raising his right hand. Even at a prudent distance, you can tell that's she's looking at your records. After all, your image displays for a moment there, before being replaced by Jade's and finally Pengy's. Naturally, she doesn't find anything interesting about you given that you just started. She does pause a second when she scans through Jade's profile, but at no time does she look anything but displeased.

"I see... The two of you are newcomers. It's unfortunate that you won't be able to enjoy the full thrill of the survival experience the first day has to offer, as today marks the start of the World Wide Magic Tournament."

... You had enough survival for a day, honestly.

The World Wide Magic Tournament, or WWMT for short, is a competition that takes place every couple of years where the four biggest schools of Miracle Wielders pit themselves against each other. The concept is similar to any other sport's World Cup, but since everyone who is a student can join, it's the perfect opportunity to show your skills and land a job in the future. The whole thing is pretty big deal, so you'd have to be deaf not to have heard about it at least once.

"Hmmm... I cannot let you travel with students from the Blue dorms as that would only hurt the school's reputation, so I'll have to transfer you manually..."

Rather than talking to you, you get the impression that she's just talking to herself.

Red and Blue, through your experience at the Russian Institute has been short, you've already witnessed the gap that exists between the two. Like the rich and the extremely poor, it appears that the two cannot co-exist in the same environment without birthing trouble...

That said, what exactly does she mean by 'transfer'...?

The moment you ask yourself that question is the moment you notice the world has begun to rapidly spin. Ah, it suddenly becomes hard to hold a grip on your consciousness... You feel like you are about to pass out...

-------

As you come to your senses, the first thing you notice is the ring of a bell. It's the classic Japanese school bell, you can tell. And speaking of Japanese schools, you find yourself standing at the gate of the biggest Japanese school. The place is brimming with students of all colors and sizes, and despite their rushed movements, everything appears to be in complete harmony. It honestly resembles the normal schools you are so fond of. If you had turned to see neither Jade nor Pengy by your side, you would have thought of anything that came before as an unpleasant dream.

"...huh?"

Is the only reaction you are allowed before an outstretched pamphlet lands on your face. You most certainly can't read it that way, so you use your hands to place it at a more comfortable distance. At first glance, it looks like a map. There is even a big 'X' close to the center, where you suppose everyone is heading. The school building is huge, but what calls your attention is that the map features the entire island, which has somewhat of a teardrop shape.

'Welcome to Starlight Academy!'

Reads on the top.
    Last edited by hero; May 18th, 2018 at 08:28 AM.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Takumi Hokuto
    Starlight Academy- Lunch Room
    Monday- Morning

The table falls into silence as you casually finish voicing your thoughts. Makoto, who looked pretty happy when you suggested the three of you should form a team together, now looks at you in disbelief. Rie shows no signs of surprise, shifting her focus back to her breakfast. For a moment, you are left wondering if anyone else feels the same way you do. Maybe you phrased it wrong? It's not like you don't want to fight alongside them, you just can't help getting excited thinking about going against each other at your earnest. It would be a great chance to have a fun battle and measure how far each of you has come.

"... Yeah. That would be fun."

Inugami and Harukawa share their answer at the same time. Even if the way to get there was different for each of them, at the end of the day, they both can reach the same conclusion. Being unable to hide the fact that the idea doesn't sound bad in the slightest, they draw a smile similar to yours. Watching all this from the sidelines, Shishidou can't help but draw a tender smile as well.

"Mhm. The WWMT may be a big opportunity to leave a mark and define your future, but forgetting the spirit from which it was built upon is the worst you can do. Solidarity, cooperation, peace... And joy. If I had to answer your earlier question, Rie, then I'd say Hishikawa-san will do her best to remind us of that."

With so much in play, it's not hard to lose sight on what is truly important. If you take the tournament too seriously, the pressure will wear you down to the point you'll simply forget to enjoy it, worse, you might end up suffering through it. It's true that what you suggested a minute ago was born not from reason but rather your innermost wishes, and that you'll most likely end up with Inugami and Harukawa at your side, but that promise in your daydreams...

---Is a promise that should be protected no matter what.

"Well, last time, the participants had to spend time together with students from other schools. Secluded in facilities chosen at random, like the hotsprings, a shopping center or even a haunted house, it was all about coexisting in the same space. The teams who couldn't manage to do this were eliminated, and some even left on their own. It was a trial famous for eliminating the biggest number of Russian Institute students, who value individuality over all. Since then, they've seen Hishikawa-san as their #1 enemy, haha."

From what you can gather, trials run by your Headmaster consist in a series of tasks meant to lighten the mood between students from different schools, with varying amounts of success. So you can take it for granted that you'll meet new people in the process; that promises to be interesting.

---Remind us of what's truly important, huh...?

Little did you know that time, that your mind was already on the right track.
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)

Noah Habiki
    Starlight Academy
    Monday - Morning

I was assaulted by a sudden impact as if hit by a semi truck. The feeling turned harsh and before my mind could register what had happen a wave of lethargy filled my being. Eyes closed and for a brief moment my brain had turned off completely.

My sight went black. The next moments…

...There was a large bell in front of me. In fact the bell was large enough for me to fit inside and be cook alive if a certain myth were to be taken into account. Either way, the thought was by itself, nonsense, and it be best to stray from it as much as possible.

I take in my surrounding and aside from the bell was a rather huge Japanese school. Students of different sex ran past me into the ongoing traffic with bags in hand and smiles on faces. The sudden shift in scenery made the events from before seemed like a nightmare, however, I could come to the conclusion that all of it as real.

“Good Grief.”

Gathering my thoughts once more, I realized the headache had vanished. All sense of pain along with my vision impairment disappeared without a trace. It’s to be expected, of course, but still having it transpired was a bother no matter the circumstances.

I look up and a pamphlet smacked my face. I removed it and glance at what was a map of some sorts. Did it lead to bury treasure? No. The only noticeable sign was the X marked on it with the view of an Island shaped like a teardrop.

‘Welcome to Starlight Academy’

Starlight Academy - The first and oldest of the Schools governing users of Miracles. A single glance would leave many the impression of a normal highs chool but behind the walls lies students testing themselves to get better at their craft. Regardless, the atmosphere that the school gave off was the most pleasant in a long time for me. Everything about it made me feel at peace, as if a simple spell took hold of me.

It was nothing compared to the unpleasantness of the Russian Institute and the people here didn’t seem like hound dogs waiting for the next meal.

...I should have been here instead.

...I would have like to imagine a better environment for me here. However, luck has never spread its arms for someone such as I.

“Such misfortune.”

I shake my head, put the pamphlet in my pocket, and trekked forward into the school. The “Frost Bitch” as I named her mention the opening ceremony for the tournament. The battle to test the skills between students and make a name for themselves…

...I didn’t want it.

I found the concept meaningless and not worth my time. I didn’t seek fame nor power than many thrives for. I had no real ambitions other than to live. Many have told me that way of life is pointless and it lacked guidance but even so, it was the life I’ve been living till now.

“You’re like a canvas, ya know? A white canvas with no color added to it. It would be amazing to see what an artist would paint you as.”

Another statement she made to me during our short time together. The words resonated with me and were never truly forgotten. Perhaps it was why many people couldn’t really get me from a personal perspective.

People were like Kaleidoscopes. Different angles presented themselves when shown, just like the future when given a glance. It was a hobbit to see past people, either through the words they spout, the various glances and facial expression they wore, or simply the color that surrounding them. Speaking of color… my eyes sometimes gave off this blue hue. It was mentioned once or twice but my mom but I never paid much attention to it nor gave a damn. The doctors never brought up the subject and mostly felt it was just the sunlight playing tricks. The reasoning was laughable but I accepted it as truth to not think it over so hard.

“Where the hell am I supposed to be going anyway?”

I looked around and realized how long my thoughts distracted me. The walls in the hallway were nice and pretty, with windows letting the lovely scenery of the outside shown full view. No knowledge of what to do at the moment and lack of urgency, I rested on the window and simply stared at the view.

I didn’t think of the eccentric girl.

I didn’t think of “Frost Bitch.”

My mind was in complete serenity at the sight. The monks at the temple would be jealous for having reach a zen-like state for sooner then they. If I had to be honest I was rather okay with simply blending in with the background, invisible and untraceable to the seeing eye. Yet, those words, couldn’t make me smile nor sad. It was the kind of indifference one would reach in life at a point in time.

Besides… I was Nobody.

Neither strong nor weak. I’m a nobody without remarkable features to have a girl look me over and a guy whom might think is cool or interesting. An average individual with nothing to his name and simply passing life by.

It was a default state and something my mother told me was an unhealthy mindset to have. Not something a person would want to see themselves as but it’s the fundamental truth. People live their life the same as others. Doing the same as others. Laughing, crying, hurting each other as the rest. Every action meant to perform a service to themselves and something to spark life within them.

In other words, the meaning to living an extraordinary life. Such a life wasn’t bad in the slightest although the life I’ve lived was everyday normal, perhaps it could have been spiced up? Was it really so special that people go out their way for it? Maybe I’m broken and yet to find that spark?

“Fuck it.”

As I said those words my body became tired and that was a problem on its own. The school was large and sleeping in the middle of the hallway while students gather for this ceremony would not only have been bad but the reputation I now had for being a Russian Institute would have reflected upon the school. No doubt a poor reflection of the school would have caught the fros bitch’s eyes and she’d make an example out of me.

I jogged. Not out of hurry or anything but merely to shake the fatigueness from my legs and feet. The exercise was good and the breeze that came with it was welcoming. Not knowing where the destination was nor whom I might run into I continued down the hall.

Eventually I came across the entrance to the cafeteria, though I came across after accidentally running into a few students and getting their attention by accidents. I’ll spared you the details and say that I panicked a bit. I prefer to ignore it and move along.

The noises from the other side spoke volumes of the number of bodies within. Biting down the anxiety and pushing forward, I entered and the first thing to enter my sight or at least within my approximate view was a group of students. Other students gather and sat with peers of their choosing and the more I thought about it, I realized I kind of stood out by standing there like a deer.

The ceremony would start and the sooner I got it over with the better so I thought about it and went to the group at the table. Just walking near them made my shoulders relax and a pleasant filling filled my chest. In the back of my mind, I figured I’d certainly enjoyed this school more than the rest.

“Um, sorry for interrupting but could any of you tell me where the ceremony is taking place. I’d transferred here just recently and well… sort of lost.”

I couldn’t help but rubbed the back of my head and felt a little embarrassed at the situation. In the back of my mind I wondered just slightly what happened with the penguin and girl. We separated and truth be told... I hadn't really concerned myself over it.
    Last edited by Typhous; May 19th, 2018 at 03:43 PM.
    "Nothing is the greatest gift Mankind has ever been giving."

"Wait. How so?"

"Because it's the only thing Mankind can ever give a shit about"

Blog Entries
    Jade Sapphy
    Starlight Academy
    Monday - Morning

"...PFFFFFFTTT!" Jade's egress from the....whatever the hell that was, left her in a manner eerily reminiscent of a baseball player sliding headfirst into base.

....Except there was no base, and the dusty ground got all up in her nose, and even she knew she didn't look cool at all, with her legs half splayed in an arch over her body with her nose and chest buried in an inch of dirt.

Even the ever energetic red haired girl had to take a breath before springing up for that one.

After a moment, Jade pushed her glasses up on her nose, blinking owlishly. That boy she was gonna defenestrate at first opportunity was around, but that was fine, she would have all the time in the world for him. The weird guy with the floating...things was around, as well as super Pengy. Floaty things guy had glanced at her but in a disinterested fashion, seeming far more content with a scrap of paper he had gotten while Jade was eating dirt.

"H...Hey! where ya goin?" Jade asked, as floaty guy walked off without a second glance back.

Jade looked at super Pengy quickly, who exchanged a glance back with her. Lacking anywhere else to go, they fell in beside him.

"So...my name is Jade, Hiya!" The girl said after a moment of quiet. The boy did not respond.

Jade began to walk a little faster, placing her hands on her hips and leaning forward, physically inserting himself into the boy's line of sight.

"Mister...?" She said, a an increasingly puzzled note to her voice. ...And perhaps, an increasing note of irritation. After a moment passed, without response, the careful observer might have noticed the pulse of a vein beginning on the smaller girl's forehead.

Finally she physically placed herself in front of him, waving her arms in an overly frenetic fashion, again without response. She was forced to back peddle quickly then it appeared there was a very real chance he might simply walk over her if she did not move in some fashion. Jade's pout at this point nearly consumed her entire face.

I

Dont

Being

Ignored.

There was a malicious sounding crack as the weapon came out...the weapon of course was a felt tip marker, and the crack came from the rather ominous click of the cap being removed. Jade back peddled a bit faster to get herself room and, with all the ferocity and killing intent of a hunting panther.

What followed was a flurry of dust and frantic activity so furious that even a passing hawk could only briefly make out spinning dust and swirling limbs. This only lasted the space of a few moments before Jade leaped out the other side of the vision hindering cloud, her eyes glinting evilly.

For some reason, it was the click of the marker being recapped that seemed to clear the air, revealing...

A set of stylized feline whiskers, three marks on each cheek. A pair of doodled glasses, reminiscent of the large frames Jade herself wore. A pair of lines from the lips suggested drool from oversleep. Squiggles around the head suggested small demon horns. Across Noah's hands, the word "Pengy" had been written across one set of knuckles, while the other bore the word "King" across his fist. To top it off, a a decidedly evil set of swipes had mussed his hair into a frightful mess complete with a rooster comb class cowl lick at the back of his head.

Ode to Boredom
    : A modern art piece, by Jade Sapphy.

Jade smirked at the Pengy as the other man walked off, still somehow oblivious. Now Jade was perfectly content to exchange a wink with Super Pengy and walk next to her newest artwork, Whistling an innocent tune.

The opening ceremony should be a lot of fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Noah Habiki (& Jade Sapphy)
    Starlight Academy
    Monday - Morning

The moment you set foot on the cafeteria is the moment everyone starts to leave. It's not like the students are purposefully trying to avoid you, but due to ill-timing, not many of them are willing to remain there for a while longer. As you do your best not to be caught in a huge stampede, you reach out to a group of students but ultimately fail to get their attention. It's only when the majority of the students have left and the place begins to recover some of its former serenity that you are able to approach a second group of students. Your body language natural for someone who's visiting Starlight for the first time, it is to be expected that you'd be welcomed by its crew with open arms. However, the group you've chosen feels so normal in High School terms that they can't help but be a little weirded out by the lack of such normalcy in you. They hand you a copy of the map you already have and timidly point to the big "X" marked on it, before leaving you and the cafeteria behind. Granted, anyone can tell that the maps were printed specially for those not familiar with the school grounds so it shouldn't be hard for you to find the way on your own, but still... Maybe what you wanted was some company. Could it be that you made a bad impression? They certainly didn't look at you with disapproving eyes, but it certainly felt that you were making them uncomfortable somehow. Before you can find the answers to your questions, a voice interrupts those trains of thoughts, maybe even shedding a little light on what the truth actually is.

"Oh, so you are a fan of cats, too?"

When you turn to look, you find a girl looking at you intently. She's taller and possibly older than you are, but the most distinctive trait you immediately notice are the cat ears, cat tail and cat paws accessories she's wearing. Although you are happy to see someone has finally decided not ignore you, you can't really think of a reason why she would claim you are a feline fan. After looking at you from nearly all angles, she raises a paw to her chin, as if to try to decipher something. "It must be some kind of rare breed...", she mutters under her own breath.

"Anyways, I'm Ginko! If you peeps need a guide, I can show you around."

Though her costume makes her stand out, Ginko's smile makes the three of you feel at ease. Even Pengy, who had immediately stood behind Jade afraid the animal girl might turn out to be a predator now can move without fear. Out of all the people you've met today, she certainly is the most friendly.

"No offense, but students from the RI can be irritating at times. Good thing I know how to tell a good one from a bad one. Just look at the color of their ties and ribbons! If it's red you are good, gwahaha...!"

That laugh may be more fitting for a tiger than a cat...

In any case, her comment reminds you of said accessories. Your ties and ribbons are crimson red, indicating you are from the Red Settlement. Pengy wears a scarf, but the same concept applies. You've already had a brief experience with students from the Blue Settlement, so you can agree with Ginko's sentiment. You've yet to meet someone else from the Red Settlement besides Jade and Pengy... Maybe that means there can be other normal people like you around. Hopefully.

"Ah, look, this always happens."

As the four of you exit the school building your gaze follows Ginko's outstretched arm. What you see is something unbelievable... It's like a meteorite storm in plain daylight... Except those aren't fragments of rock from space... They are human beings! And most of them are landing on this very same island...!

"That's Tir Na Nog's parachute class for you. Though I don't know why they call it that way... After all, they never use parachutes. Of course you must already know, but Tir Na Nog is another school that will be taking part in the tournament. Got a few friends in there."

That class looks kind of reckless, though...

You decide not to think what would happen if someone were to mess up their jump...

As you continue to explore the schoolgrounds and the island, you come across several number of facilities tied to entertainment or after-school clubs (Something that you obviously wouldn't find in the immense snowfield that is the Red settlement). Moreover, great care appears to have been put on keeping the space clean, making the atmosphere a lot more welcoming. As you take a better look at the map, you spot places that you wouldn't expect normal students to have access to. Hotsprings, a haunted house... An entire shopping district...?! Well... the island appears to be big enough to hold one.

-------

"Here we are! And we were even lucky to be one of the first groups to arrive."

Together you arrive at what looks like a gigantic park. Group of students and teachers have already begun to gather at the centre, where a tall, solitary, yet undeniably beautiful Sakura tree stands at the top of the hill.

"The students that attend this meeting between schools are so many that not everyone will be able to find a place here. It's not uncommon for some to watch it from elsewhere, after all, it is broadcasted live all over the world. Buuut, I got us first row seats, ain't it nice? Gwahaha...!"

There, sitting so close to each other that it's impossible not to feel each other's body temperature, you make small talk and wait.

"Oh, by the way. Take this, it might help you. From a fellow cat fan to another."

An USB portable device. Instinctively you know that what's inside can only be a spell recipe.

If you download that information into your miracle, you may be able to turn it into a formula with enough training.

What kind of power would it bestow...? Probably something cat-like.

Before you can open your mouth to say thanks, the rise of a stage in the distance...

Announces the start of the World Wide Magic Tournament Opening Ceremony.
    Last edited by hero; May 25th, 2018 at 02:25 PM.

Arthur Waynwood
    Russian Institute - Red Settlement
    Monday - Morning

I frowned, the woolen scarf rubbing against my chin as I did so, eyeing the circle before me. The 'Freedom' dangled out of reach, belonging only to the strong and relentless. The pitilessly meritocratic society I had embroiled myself within held no rewards for those who lacked the strength to grasp forwards, it would not punish those willing to grow, but neither would it nurture the weak.

In the wastes, self-reliance was prized, while the group was acknowledged as necessary, the Russians noted it as a collection of individuals, which seemed rather a departure for the former Soviet bloc, 'survival of the fittest'.

Still, it seems that my time in the trenches ends soon. Not 'may' end soon, certainty was not optional if I was to proceed forward. Victory was not a possibility, it was a certainty.

I would seize my own fate, and quash hesitance beneath my boot.

No matter how distasteful I thought it was, to survive in this environment, you had to sever ties with empathy, no one would wait for you.

So why was this all being presented to me?

I was being singled out, simple enough, a placard hung around my neck, pride and wariness warred within me.

The translocator, was it a shortcut? Or a test to see if I would struggle through the snows to reach the main building on my own merit?

"..."

I schooled my emotions carefully, thinking things through.

The only way through was forward, I had not the time to waste thinking about things, I was being given an order, 'Victory', and in the militaristic environment, I imagined a firing squad would be considered merciful in regards to failure.

I thought of a familiar weight in my hands and quashed my nervousness.

A polite smile was shaped upon my face, a genial response to that wolfish grin.

"Choice is a privilege for the strong, those who presume choice, presume strength."

Who really has a choice in anything?

All that mattered for now was seizing anything and everything, pride was unnecessary.

I stepped forward.

Everyone
    Starlight Academy
    Monday - Morning

A replica of the Tsukiyo Island that once, unbeknownst to some, served as the battlefield for wars between Magic Wielders. Some call it 'home', others refer to it as a 'piece of history'. Regardless, the fond memories forged on this island vastly surpass any tragedies humanity had to face in the past. Your reason for being here is simple: You are a Miracle Wielder who belongs to one of the Big Four Schools of Magic and is about to take part in the biggest sport event of the year, the World Wide Magic Tournament. Despite its size, finding a comfortable spot from where to watch the opening ceremony has proved to be a daunting task given the sheer number of students gathered in one place. Some have grouped on the rooftops of the residential districts, some have found a privileged seat at the Park. Others, not so lucky, will have no choice but to watch the transmission through their Miracle's holographic display. The location hardly matters, however, as the moment the marvelous stage takes off, rising up to a height that will make it optimal for most to see, the feeling of excitement present on their chest cannot be denied. Even those that have lived through past tournaments or those that do not feel attracted to the idea cannot keep their emotions in check and deny the weight behind this competition.

"Welcome, everyone. As you are well aware, today is a very special day."

Speaking in a polite and graceful voice befitting royalty, the one to break the ice and address the students is no other than Arakawa Saori, the Headmaster of the Ravensworth School of Magic. Those who belong to the institution she leads had a chance to speak with her during their entrance interviews, and can attest to how much of a dignified figure she is. Although Starlight Academy is known to be the first school for Miracle Wielders, Saori achievements date back to the time where Magical Stones had just been discovered, making her the oldest -and the wisest- among all four headmasters. The presence she commands is immense, and her voice represents the collected wills of her colleagues. After few lines refering to the unison and peace between nations and the advancement of both technology and human behavior, she gets to the part everyone has been waiting for.

"Today marks the start of a new World Wide Magic Tournament."

As she finishes those words, cheers can be heard from all across the island. It is true that the tournament is a symbol of overcoming the adversities of the past and a requiem to the heroes that have fallen to make it possible but... The majority of the youth present aren't old enough to have clear memories of those times. They are here for the other side of the coin: For the great, exciting experience that is the WWMT, the event that may as well determine their future careers. The whole thing is just starting, but those with attuned sight must have already caught at least one or two 'talent hunters' sneaking around.

"The tournament shall be divided in four parts, four trials. Each trial must be overcome in order to proceed to the next. These tasks have been prepared by us and to not abide by their rules means instant disqualification. Now then, in order to participate, a team of four students needs to gather. A 'team' may consist of three fighters and one operator or four fighters."

By fighters, Arakawa means those who fit the traditional roles of combat. Knight, Rook, Bishop, Pawn, Queen and King, all of them make the battlefield their homes. On the other hand, Operators work as navigators for the team, acting from outside the battlefield and providing information that cannot simply be gathered from a point of view of a fighter. There are also those that favor altering the battlefield directly, via the spawning of certain objects. All in all, operator is a class that is not to be underestimated. In fact, most teams that have prepared for this event have gone through the effort of finding one. However, as Operator is the least popular role, not every team can be given the luxury of finding one.

"For those who still are without a team, inscription ends in three days. Worry not, if not within a team by then, one will be assembled for you. Remember, after inscription team composition cannot be changed."

While convenient for those with low social skills and a pain in the ass for those who simply don't wish to participate, a randomly assembled team often ends in a disaster. Granted, there have been some exceptional cases where this has led to the creation of pretty epic teams, but getting one hopes up of this happening is a fool's errand.

"Hello! Everyone!"

As Saori leaves the spotlight, the one to inherit it is Hishikawa Nanako, Starlight's headmaster. Simply raising a hand in the air, she casually greets viewers from all over the globe while wearing an enormous grin on her face. Unlike Arakawa, who always shows herself calm and composed, Nanako likes to be herself, doesn't matter the place, doesn't matter the time. A friendly spirit towards students from any and all schools, a flame of mischief seems to hide within her beautiful eyes. Nanako is a Magic Wielder, someone who has achieved an eternal body that comes with an eternal youth. Well, it's not like she's older than her Ravensworth counterpart, but she is in fact older than she looks. More importantly, her physical prowess and Magical Abilities are said to stand on a completely different level from Miracle Wielders, simply because her Magic is 'an original product', while your is 'an emulation'.

"Before we start... The fine woman that just spoke is Arakawa Saori, Headmaster of Ravensworth! And back there is Viktor Alekseevich, Leader of the Russian Institute! And this cute girl over here is Mihou-chan, oops, Sawai Mihou-chan, head of Tir Na Nog Academy. Sorry, they have an habit not to introduce themselves when we do this."

One thing is certain, Nanako's guts are not to be underestimated. And her influence must be no joking matter, if she can put feats like these unscratched. It is widely known that Sawai and Hishikawa's friendship goes long ways, but the other headmasters and her shouldn't be as close. In any case, the headmaster of Starlight Academy is the last to introduce herself.

---But will be the first to announce her respective trial.

"Has everyone been doing their morning exercises? Eating their veggies? That's good! Good health is important! But you know what's also important...?"

Nanako gives the audience a moment to think for themselves. This is not just to test them, but also make sure she doesn't feel she's giving a monologue.

"Learning to trust each other, meeting new friends and rediscovering old ones. Yeah, that's what this first trial will be all about."

A foreboding sense of dread washes over the Blue students from the Russian Institute. Hishikawa Nanako had proved she could be their '#1 enemy' in the past, and even now, she can probably live up to that name.

"If you want the name of the game, then I'll tell you, it's an old-time favorite. Have you guys heard about 'Treasure Hunt'?"

Being somewhat of an old, forgotten game for children often organized by adults, the red haired girl proceeded to explain the rules just in case. Basically, a team would need to solve riddles and complete challenges in order to find clues hidden within locations of interest within the school. Each clue will give a hint towards where the next can be found and so on, until the 'treasure' is found. In this case, only the first fifty teams to find the treasure will move onwards to the second trial.

"There will also be treasure chests hidden all across the island. Open one and watch your team score rise! But, also be careful, or you may just unleash a trap!"

Apparently, things wouldn't be as simple and easy as the initial explanation made it sound like. If a member of a team falls for a trap or fails to complete certain challenge, they'll be sent to 'jail', from where they will be unable to leave unless freed by someone who has not been captured. If all the fighters within a team are caught in 'jail' at the same time, it's game over for them. Also, the team score would somehow provide an advantage during the second round, so that is another thing to take into account.

"But... Let's make it even more fun, shall we?"

This time, Nanako's cheerful face sends chill through the Blues' spine. And with reason.

"Teams participating in this Treasure hunt must consist of four members, either one fighter from each School, or three fighters from different schools and one operator."

With that announcement, the student base is thrown into chaos. Even some teachers, and most notably RI's headmaster show discontent with the rule introduced. After all, the WWMT is different from the rest in the sense that the first trial is announced prior to the team inscriptions. And, as explained before, if team composition cannot be changed after inscription, that effectively meant...

---That this team build limitation applied to the whole tournament-!

Entire team compositions were torn in an instant.

In order not to end with someone random......

In the span of three days......

Former rivals would need to get to know each other...
    Last edited by hero; May 26th, 2018 at 12:39 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ishikawa Aoi
    Starlight Academy - Rooftop
    Monday - Morning

“Well, that’s Nanako for you. Can’t imagine that Anya's brats are going to be too happy about this, but what else is new.”

The violet-haired teacher let out a rather big yawn.

“At least she didn’t pile any more work on us.”

Indeed. Aoi’s prime worry had been that Nanako would get the Starlight staff involved in the first trial, forcing Aoi to deal with incessant badgering from not just Starlight students, but also of those from different institutions. She wouldn’t put it past the headmaster. In fact, Nanako might have just done it as a part of her typical pranks. But, as things were, most students would be far more preoccupied with reorganizing into functional teams. And after that, they would hopefully all be looking for these treasure chests.

Indeed, the darkest timeline where the task would have been to “earn the approval of a teacher” or something else ridiculous along those lines, had seemingly been avoided.

“Time to go, take things easy, and have a drink or two!”

“...Is what I would like to say, but unfortunately it's not all sunshine and roses, now is it?”

A brief flash of distaste flickered over Aoi’s mind wandered to what she had seen earlier in the infirmary. All things considered, the tournament should have been canceled, or at the very least delayed. The public outcry would have been massive, of course, but it would have at least set a precedent. As things were, they had to find the person responsible, or the only option left to the government and to the institution would be to completely cover things up. If another incident like this happened, it would get progressively more destabilizing to reveal anything. Starlight itself would most likely get caught in the public witchhunt.

Not that it would matter one iota to the blank-eyed kid in the infirmary.

A melancholy smile flickered on Aoi’s face as the cigarette in her mouth sparked into life.

“Haa… next time, she can do all the legwork herself. Some “retirement” this is.”

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shuugetsu Heika
    Starlight Academy - Lone Rooftop
    Monday - Morning

"What a ridiculous sentiment..."

Those words, but a venomous whisper, slithered from under the traditional Japanese parasol; the item was pitch-black in color and adorned with beautifully painted pictures of falling maple leaves of brilliant crimson and orange. The parasol seemed to cast a long shadow over the rooftop, earning itself and the young man underneath it a solitary seat in the audience, a rooftop devoid of others, to watch the ceremonies from. After all, there was a certain sense of danger, like a poisonous, ripe fruit or a alcohol brewed by oni, that seemed to emanate from under the parasol. It was not actual physical threat, but something insidious and all the more unnerving in that respect.

An aura well-fitting of the graceful man carrying the beautiful parasol.

Long painted nails like claws, beautiful face made even nobler with make-up, carefully arranged and dyed hair... the young man from Ravensworth School of Magic was very much unlike his male peers. He exuded an aura almost feminine but yet undoubtedly masculine. Androgynous, more like a beautifully crafted weapon or a doll and not a person at all. It was the warning gaze of that venomous serpent that had made others flee from the rooftop when he had arrived. This was his seat in the audience. The building and the rooftop were passable, just barely, but the other people had to go. He had no wish to share space with mindless riffraff who dirtied the air just by breathing. The students of his own school were bad enough, but the people in this Starlight Academy... they weren't even worthy enough to be noticed.

Ants. Ugly ants swarming all over the place.

Disgusting little things.

Hideous bugs crawling all over the island.

It made him sick.

"... You order me to find my team among the rabble and the peasantry, Queen Ant?" the young man softly asked the wind, his sing-song voice being like that of a poet or a singer, yet speaking of only horrible things. "I suppose I should have expected this from a place this second-rate. The influence of those who know not the beauty of perfect harmony is true to the eye of any intelligent viewer. What a sorry state for such a grand tradition to end up in."

The young man dressed in black and a boa of feathers vibrantly orange walked over to the edge of the rooftop. He lifted the edge of his parasol, revealing his pale, feminine face; pearly white teeth, black eyes of a monster and features like those from a piece of ukiyo-e artwork. Coldly he let his gaze wander among the crowds and crowds of people below him, almost like he was judging each and every one of them and found them all wanting. It was not the expression of a man looking at his fellow humans - but that of an artist looking at a failed piece of work before he burnt it.

Indeed, that was very close to what the young man felt when he gazed down on the masses of students from different schools.

"All I see is a field of excrement," he mocked them. "Does no flowers grow in there at all? Is it truly nothing but shit as far as the eye can see?"

Such was the judgment of The Artist Known As Shuugetsu Heika - Ravensworth's Undefeated.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; May 26th, 2018 at 11:12 AM.

Arthur Waynwood
    Starlight Academy - Sunny Rooftop
    Monday - Morning

Instant translocation was not exactly something I was unused to experiencing, but the method offered to me was that of a typical Russian method, lacking in frills and comfort and focusing solely on getting one from point to point as quickly as possible.

I braced my legs and shuffled my feet as I was abruptly deposited onto an unfamiliar rooftop in a remarkably pleasant-seeming locale, I tugged my scarf away from my face, folded it delicately, and placed it in my back pocket. Would probably be efficient to find some place to deposit the cold-weather gear as well, don't need something like that slowing me down.

Still, it certainly was an interesting situation we'd all gotten abruptly thrown into, evaluating problem-solving and team cohesiveness over individual power and skill, although, I figured if one had enough raw ability, it wouldn't matter in the slightest. The speech was distasteful, but I acknowledged the Head's point. Relying on familiar advantages and expecting to just power through without effort was folly.

I do feel as though we're being singled out, though. This sort of bullying is unprofessional, madam. You might make my azure comrades cry.

I tugged at my own crimson idly, pursing my lips as I surveyed the landscape around me, so, the objective was simple, find and acquire 'treasures', avoid 'traps', form a team, achieve victory.

Conditions: No more than two 'fighters' per institution, Operators are an exception.

Hm.

I dusted some of the melting snow out of my hair as I thought, given the Russian approach, I am unlikely to find much aid on that front, so it would do the most good to seek out some new, hm, colleagues.

Physical training, strong motivations, or encouraging friendship.

Which to approach first?

Well, logically, I would need to find individuals who compliment my own strengths nicely, which makes things simpler for myself, at least.

It might be the most expedient to simply set out and find someone instead of wasting time perched and thinking about it.

I cast my eyes around the roof I'd found myself atop to see if I'd find someone of use, otherwise I may as well get underway.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nakamura Amaya
    Starlight Academy - Park
    Monday - Morning

"Well... The RI kids probably aren't going to appreciate that, but hey, good work on immediately attacking their minds again Nanako."

A thumbs up that the woman in question can't see.

Shaking her head at the announcement, but smiling along with it all the same, Amaya can't help but sigh as she wanders through the park of her own accord; it was always interesting, since it was a replica of the place her old man had grown up in, but still, with the advent of the sudden reveal of a particularly binding set of rules, it had become an island that was surrounded by sound as all of the plans the students had already made were basically set on fire by a particularly cheerful and dangerous woman...

Of course, that particular rule wasn't actually that much of a problem as far as she was concerned; her own plans for the tournament had been rather light to start with, so it wasn't like she had some perfect prepared team to fight alongside, really...

"But guess I gotta socialize a bit, eh?"

She had been planning on more or less winging it anyway.

Stretching out a bit as she stands, the young woman starts off with that thought in mind, letting her body just move wherever it wanted to go, guided purely by whims and instinct; it was the same sort of plan the old man would use, just wander around and see who fate drops in front of you, and really...

It wasn't a bad plan, normally worked out for him just fine.

Probably a good idea to scope out the competition anyways...
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Ishikawa Aoi
    Starlight Academy - Inner Schoolyard
    Monday - Morning

Fifteen minutes later and the crowd still hasn't fully dissolved.

Though the source of the commotion has been the announcement of the WWMT's First Trial, your mind is preoccupied with more important things, namely finding the unknown evils lurking in the dark that have left at least one student in a comatose state. At least, because honestly, you have the impression that if someone doesn't nip these dangers in the bud, having just a single victim would become something to be thankful for.

"..."

Magic or Science, you have little idea of what kind of enemy you are facing, but in this treasure hunt, you at least been able to snatch the initiative and find yourself a clue. Though it has been just a little peek, a glance at the boy's memories -those that had been left undamaged- has been more than enough to bring you to this particular spot. Being somewhat far from the place where his unresponsive body was found, it is hard to believe it is directly related to the incident -Unless a third party bothered to move the body all the way to the school hallway-, but it may shed some light as to what lead to that event.

---Still, dropping an USB device on the nearest trash bin... He must have been quite desperate to hide it in such place. Or quite the fool.

Still, that's convenient for you. With all the hustle and bustle, you can be sure that no one will even notice a respectable teacher doing some harmless looting. Otherwise, that might be bad for your image... Granted, you would still need to get your hands dirty but at least that can be washed off...

"Damn it! Wasn't the damn thing supposed to be around here?!"

Speaking of convenient things, how's a fateful encounter with your first suspect? It would seem you've been beaten to the punch, as someone else appears to be doing the same thing you came there to do. A student, and not a discrete one. His desperate search for the item in question has already drawn the attention of a few onlookers, although they probably just see him as a weirdo.

"Ah, found it."

As he retrieves the usb drive, his expression hardens. He quickly pockets it and makes sure to leave the trash bin as it should be.

Like nothing has happened, he begins to slowly walk away...

He hasn't noticed you yet.

Shuugetsu Heika
    Monday - Morning

"I know, right? It's hilarious."

As if to further ridicule the situation you've been thrown into, the voice of irony makes itself heard.

To your surprise, the words spoken appear to belong not to a newcomer but to someone who's been there all along, sitting behind one of the air handlers located at the rooftop. No longer chained to the building now that the Opening Ceremony has concluded, she stands up and flexes her arms, showing little concern for the dreadful aura that surrounds you, even going as far as having her cape-covered back face you. Compared to yours, her body appears small and petite, vulnerable to the dangers of nature and more importantly, a fragile existence. In spite of this, the air of defiance and conviction that surrounds her tells you that her back is not as defenseless as you've initially thought.

"Starlight, Tir, the Russians or the Ravens, it hardly matters... They all look like shit-heads to me."

The girl turns around to reveal a pair of crimson orbs that go along with the color of her absurdly long hair and a rather unique uniform befiting someone imprudent who detests the word 'authority'. Her name is Agnethe Grieser and she's one of the strongest students from the Russian Institute, as indicated by a blue triangular symbol embedded into the part of her cape that goes around her neck. She's without a doubt a figure of influence that has managed to amass more influence than you have within your respective schools, however, whether you recognize her or not depends entirely on how much research you've done prior.

"..."

It takes a moment for her gaze to finally take notice of your location, although perhaps it would be more accurate to say 'to finally acknowledge your existence'. Most likely, the first time Agnethe spoke, she did so without thinking. She did not pay attention to the fact that the cruel, pessimistic view of the students had not come from her own thoughts, but rather from someone else and merely followed along with the idea out loud. But now that she can see you clearly, she can't just walk off without saying anything else. It is in her very nature to enter in conflict with the world around her, and that world, most certainly, includes you.

It is not like she is actively looking for someone to fight in a Miracle bout.

She just wants to be a pain in the ass.

"And if you ask me, well... I think you look like a shit-head, too."

It doesn't matter how you react to the provocation, or if you don't react at all.

It won't stop the #1 bully from having things her way.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ryuzaki Nanami
    Starlight Academy – Park
    Monday – Morning

“Well, ain’t that quite the annoyance.”

A cool and calm voice sounded, but it went unheard in middle of the noise and commotion produced by the startled multitude of students.

“There goes any plan of asking Katsurimi-san to be part of her team. Ah well.”

Despite the fact that the park was packed with dispersing students, there was just a bit of free space near a certain student, that nobody had to approach as of yet. Of course, that happened because this student was just too strange and odd, even for a place full of Kiseki-Tsukai.

It was not the fact that she was beautiful, or that she had eye-catching blue hair and animal-like yellow eyes. Nor was the fact that she was wearing an untied red kimono over her Ravensworth uniform. In fact, even the strange markings on her face, and the blue fox ears weren’t what was causing the big impression. No, what was causing people to stop and watch, and causing the less discrete ones to point and gape, were the nine beautiful white fox tails that swayed around her, almost like a halo that surrounded her. When she sighed and shook her head, her tails shook too, causing a lot of male students (and quite a few female students as well) to get distracted.

However, nobody had quite dared to approach her, or ask her about her numerous oddities. That was because Ryuzaki Nanami irradiated a proud and aloof air that seemed to intimidate people. She looked like the kind of person that was extremely hard to approach, after all, eye-catching inhuman features or not. For most people, she was a relative unknown, too, although quite a lot of her fellow Ravensworth students were probably capable of recognizing her, and the same could be said of some of the Japanese students of other schools.

Something like being the descendant of the legendary Tamamo-no-Mae was bound to attract a lot of attention, after all.

“Mhm… can’t quite get accustomed to multitudes… ah, so noisy.” She complained to herself, muttering under her breath. “Still… it is quite interesting, nonetheless. I’d never see something like this back home.”

Suddenly, she seemed to think of something, and she turned around, looking at her surroundings, completely ignoring the people that were around her, pointing and staring at her, like they were invisible. She seemed to be looking at the groups of students from her own school, and after a few seconds, she spotted a familiar red hair between the groups of talking students. Still ignoring those around her, Nanami hurriedly walked in that direction, and…

“Hey~! Yuki~!”

The impression that she had built up until now completely crumbled down in an instant, as she spoke up with a friendly, almost childish sing-song tone as she appeared in front of her friend and roommate. She beamed at her, clearly very happy at finding her, and kept talking without even giving her a chance to reply to her hello.

“Did’ya hear the rules? What a pain, I can’t ask Katsurimi-san to let me be in her team now.” She pouted, visibly upset at losing the chance to teaming up with her idol. “Ah, whatevs, at least the operators can be of the same school, right? What do you say, wanna team up with me, Yuki? After I manage to find two more fighters, that is.”

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shuugetsu Heika
    Monday - Morning

"..."

What Agnethe got in response to her provocation was an impassive stare and absolute silence. No sign of hostility, no sign of bloodlust, no sign of contempt nor even that of fear or being cautious. Instead there was a flat gaze and absolute no recognition of her status or reputation, like Shuugetsu Heika had no idea who she was even supposed to be. And indeed he didn't. He had no interest in knowing who the big movers and shakers of other schools were, hell, he didn't care to know those of his own school. To this young man, there was only one thing that held any importance and right now, he was in the middle of making his assessment.

Wordlessly Heika set aside his parasol and raised his hands, using his fingers to frame the form of Agnethe Grieser. Like a photographer he studied the girl, taking a few steps sideways to have the lighting conditions improve just a bit. Those cold, calculating, black eyes of his seemed to sliver up and down her body, taking it all in and making sure he didn't miss any nook or cranny.

Indeed, it was a disgusting stare all things considered.

But what it ended up with, well...

"Egads, you're ugly," Heika finally concluded.

He grabbed his parasol from the ground, slung it over his head to protect him from the sun, and let the distaste he felt completely cover his face; an expression that he was actively repulsed by the redhead before him.

"Disgusting purple cape? That is a clear sign of a chuunibyou, you need to grow up. Unseemly red hair on twintails? Have you even heard of conditioner or are you the type to let your bodily grease work as your hair gel? Horrid short shorts and what can be barely called a tank-top, being closer to a bra? Don't kid yourself little girl, you have no age to make something like that work, you just come across as jailbait at best and tryhard gyaru at worst. Hideous bare thighs and combat boots? Just because you saw them in an army catalog and thought they looked cool doesn't mean they look good on your skinny chicken legs. Unnecessary separated sleeves held in place with belts? Anime called and they want you to stop ruining their already ridiculous outfits."

The vile, merciless tirade of everything Heika found hideous in Agnethe finally paused.

But only for a moment.

"All in all you look like a vapid little edgelord who believes that since you have a rotten personality you should dress like a mix between Kamen Rider and a 300 yen street hooker so that you'll be 'hip' and 'cool'. Fashion fact, girl: purple is an old hag's color, chains or belts or capes are not actual fashion accessories, your Original Character, Do Not Steal cosplay doesn't impress anyone and the pure 'edge' in your all-around attire and attitude is enough to cut your wrists every time you move so you don't even need knives to enjoy that hobby of yours."

The hiss of the snake was finally over. Heika closed his eyes as if to drive the sight of Agnethe from his mind, before gesturing towards her with a little 'shoo-shoo' motion.

"So leave, please," he added. "I'm afraid I'll catch the 'grotesque pig' from you. God knows it could be contagious in your case, it's so strong."

Ryuzaki Nanami
    Starlight Academy – Park
    Monday – Morning

"I... I don't think Katsurimi-san would have taken you, anyways. S-she refused my offer to become her operator, after all..."

So that blow to her pride a few months ago hasn't healed, huh?

By now, Amai Yuki has already become accustomed to your presence and learned to give little thought to the stares of fellow students, so long as they remain focused on your fox tails instead of her short height. In between sentences, the girl would lightly bite her thumb, signal that she is putting every nerve cell to work, trying to find a way out of this First Trial dilemma. After all, with every team having to look for new members -members that have to meet certain criteria on top to being able to cooperate well with the rest-, all her progress and findings meant nothing in the face of such chaotic disorganization.

"It's too soon to tell. I wouldn't have a problem with my team having you but..."

It's indeed too early. Within a team, an operator is often chosen last. At least, those that are not born as tactical geniuses have to deal with being the last missing piece of the puzzle that makes a group. It might look like a passive role, but in fact a lot of pressure and responsibility is placed on them, as they are supposed to not just guide the team but also make up for the lack of fourth fighter. That is why, it's a job that requires lot of investigation, practice and time. Hence, it is much easier to handle when you already have an idea of what you are working with.

"I-it'd have to be a really good team."

She mutters, slightly unsure of how to proceed. You are one of her few friends, so it goes without saying that she would love teaming up with you. For one, being with someone she knows, she'd be able to work on a strategy with less difficulties. However... She has goals and an image to maintain. Saying 'yes' without really thinking about it would go against the idea of strength she so fiercely pursues.

"I won't be settle with being within the top #50. I want my team to reach the last trial, at the very least."

Considering the evergrowing number of students, it wouldn't be hard to imagine that the WWMT can have around 200 hundred teams participating. So, getting to be among the top fifty is no small feat, especially with a rushed team. But Yuki wants no less than top #8. She aims high to make up for the failings of the past.

"This is my chance, Nanami. To show the world the Victory Conductor's great revival."

Unlike her usual self, today Amai looks quite serious...
    Last edited by hero; May 27th, 2018 at 03:37 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ishikawa Aoi
    Starlight Academy - Inner Schoolyard
    Monday - Morning

“Haa… really?”

Aoi wasn’t sure if this was a fortuitous or an unfortunate event.

When she had arrived at the schoolyard, she had been expecting to see some people milling around for sure, but what she hadn’t been expecting was competition. On the one hand, this made things more convenient. Aoi really, really didn’t want to go digging through the trash herself. On the other hand, trying to get information out of some students was like pulling teeth. Considering the circumstances, he wasn’t that likely to be directly involved either… No. It was too early to fully make that call.

He didn’t look like the most careful or the sharpest tool in the shed, however.

In fact, considering the scene the redhead was causing, the lab-coated teacher was half-tempted to say that he wanted to be found. Digging through trashcans wasn’t exactly a low-key activity to begin with, and he wasn’t exactly being subtle about it. Even had Aoi arrived couple hours later to the scene, it wouldn’t have been hard to track down what had happened to the drive itself. No doubt the image of the delinquent-looking kid digging through trashcans had burned itself to the minds of nigh everyone here, simply due to its weirdness alone.

Judging from the sharp look that momentarily flickered on the youth’s face, he had found what he was looking for. A moment later he had straightened himself and was heading towards the exit and, by extension, towards Aoi, who was standing right next to it. Just as the redheaded student was moving past her, the violet-haired teacher addressed him with a casual tone.

“Dumpster diving? That’s definitely a unique hobby for a student. Haven’t seen that one in a while.”

“Did you happen to lose something?”

Blog Entries
    Jade Sapphy
    Starlight Academy
    Monday - Morning

This day is fantastic!

Jade thought to herself, still whistling while along while following Noah. Ignore me will he?! See how he likes it!

Jade and super Pengy were frequently overcome with giggles as they watched Noah repeatedly try to sidle up to people only to have them give him a wide berth. Jade was hoping he didn't have to go use the bathroom before he passed some sort of reflective object. See, Jade really wanted to be there when he found out!

Once more she found herself thinking what an awesome day it had been. She had gotten into a fight, met a super cute Pengy, got to stomp on things and tear some jerks butt off, and even found a guy she was gonna kill later! Add on a super funny prank, and things really couldn't.....get........any.....be......ter...

!!!

"Kitty!"

The young girl must have looked like a bolt of lightning had passed through her body. Her eyes likely resembled star covered saucers as the energetic girl popped up from the crowd. She seemed to be admiring the work of "Ode to Boredom". Jade would have preened happily at this if she was not already trying to grab the soft white clad hands of the girl who introduced herself as Ginko. Without skipping a beat Ginko seemed to take charge of their little grouping, moving it along. She was talking about something that was probably important but Jade had already moved from nuzzling the white clad hands to trying to grab the orange/red colored tail that swayed hypnotically as she walked.

"Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty *gasp* Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty *gasp* Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty *gasp* Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty...!"

Jade appeared to be just finishing up her entirely to close examination of the girl's tail due to them having sat down and it become slightly less lifelike as a result. Instead she was currently feeling the super cute ears that completed the set. Cant have a catgirl without cat ears! Jade thought. And cant have a cat girl without pettings!

However it was at this time Jade's thoughts once more came to a screeching halt.

New spell? Coooool! As Noah was presented with a small USB drive, Jade stuck out her hands in a plate, an excited look on her face.

.................And then nothing happened.

Jade looked at her own hands.

Then Noah's.

Then her own. Empty.

...And a vein began to pop up on her head. The withdraw of a certain marker coming out of her pocket was both noticeable and threatening.

It was probably best for all concerned that this was around the time a certain announcement began, distracting all concerned, thus preventing the birth of different and perhaps even more intricate "artworks" from being created at that moment.

There was a lot of rambling and a few interesting characters to be seen, but the most important part was that apparently if Jade wanted a team it would have to be comprised of several different schools. Most people seemed to find that idea annoying but Jade thought it was awesome. There was a particular thought that warmed her from head to toes.

She hopped to her feet and turned to Ginko and tossed up a wink and a V sign.

"Whelp, Kitty, guy-whose-name-I-don't-know, gonna have to have myself a looksie! Cause after all..." Jade took her glasses off for a moment, breaking on one of the lenses and wiping it off with her shirt. The pair of awkward frames had a strange gleam to them as she put them back on. "See, if different schools mean teams are fighting members of their own school, then I need to find a good team. Can't miss my chance to kill chameleon."

The central grounds of the area had dissolved into chaos. Several half formed and even completed teams were currently milling around in disorganizes chaos at the announcement, uncertain people and destroyed plans for success where everywhere that could be seen. Jade's natural environment was chaos. She allowed herself to dissolve into the crowd, looking to see what she could see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ryuzaki Nanami
    Starlight Academy – Park
    Monday – Morning

“Heh, you’re right, I doubt Katsurimi-san would’ve accepted me.” Nanami conceded.

After listening to what Yuki had to say, Nanami’s grin faded as she too took on a serious visage. “Yes, Yuki. This is your chance to make your great return.” She said in a stern tone. “But you shouldn’t say something like ‘wanting to reach the last trial at the very least’, or stuff like that.”

“You should always aim for #1.”

That’s right. Although Ryuzaki Nanami’s nature was a lot more easygoing than it seemed, it didn’t signify that she didn’t have sky-high pride. For her, even though first place was nearly 100% possible, it was something she would naturally aim for nonetheless. And yet, this is also her own, indirect way to encourage her friend to do her best.

“Hmm… still…” Nanami took on a thoughtful expression while her nine tails hypnotically swayed, making circles in the air. “I think that, at least in the first trial, the value of an operator will be higher than ever. After all, the trial’s very basis consists in solving riddles and finding your way to the treasure by employing clues and surpassing challenges… and more importantly, finding ways to increase your score while avoiding the traps, which are probably the biggest danger apart from other teams.”

“For that reason, having an operator in the team that can conduct an analysis of the situation, detect traps, quickly solve riddles and clues… and given that a minimum of 200 teams are competing for 50 spots, the importance of an operator will be extremely high in the first trial.” Nanami concluded her analysis. Indeed, she had approached Yuki not only because of their friendship and a desire to integrate a team with her, but also because of her own reasoning. However, she’s saying this not only to explain her logic, but to also make her friend aware of her own value, in case she integrates another team. Perhaps, this is just an expression of Nanami’s protective nature.

“But hey~” Suddenly, the foxgirl’s serious expression faded away, replaced with a grin, and both her ears and tails perked up. “You’re right, it is far too early. I should see what fighters I can get before deciding on this, right?”

Her yellow eyes couldn’t help but to gleam in excitement, and despite everything, it is clear that Nanami is having fun. After all, to participate in these tournaments as a Kiseki-Tsukai has been her dream since a few years ago, and even if she regards the WWMT as just her first step… she simply can’t help but to be excited at it all.

Her eyes started scanning her surroundings, searching for identifiable figures, as she started to think out the requirements on her team composition.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Nakamura Amaya
    Starlight Academy - Park
    Monday - Morning

The world sure has changed, even if it has only been a few years. It today were anything like back then, by this point you'd have 'inadvertently' bumped into a gang of bullies or a group made of third-rate criminal wannabes for sure. However, even amongst the chaos created by the enforced laws of the First Trial, it doesn't seem like anything worthy of note is going on. The crowds have begun to dissolve, but confused and lost students can be spotted left and right. Going by their facial expressions, it doesn't look like they want to talk to some Tir Na Nog stranger. Furthermore, you have yet to spot someone from your own class... Catapulting students into a precipice is an exciting experience, but it tends to get everyone split apart. Everyone's 'landing strategy' is so different, after all.

-Beep. Beep-

The noise informs you of the arrival of a new message to your terminal. Most miracles nowadays are equipped with the basic functions of both phones and computers, meaning they can be really useful for day to day activities as well. Even in portable mode, it only takes a few moments to open up the holographic display. The message appears to be from the tournament staff: Classes for the day will be suspended to give the students more time to adapt to the current situation. In addition, chests will spawn in random areas starting now. Even if still solo, it says that a participant can still earn points from opening chests only. Once a team is formed, individual points will be poured into the team's pool. Finally, at the end, there is a notice that awards you 32 points for your student performance this semester. It even comes with an 8-bit drawing of your headmaster next to it. Even in this format, she looks pretty serious, as one would expect.

Well, that's interesting. Even if you don't find anyone, it appears you can go treasure hunting straight away. Granted, it's just a way to earn points. If you remember correctly, random chests do not contain clues, meaning you can't clear the first trial through them alone...

"Heyyy! Nakamura! Wait a sec!"

Sprinting so she can catch up to you, Shiomi Misao makes sure to synchronize her walking rhythm with yours. From this close, the resemblance to Sawai Mihou is more than evident. Even if Misao's outfit is something Tir Na Nog's headmaster would never wear, and even if her bust size is ultimately superior to the original, there is something in her face, an undeniable essence that links the two in spite of all differences in style. Having shared quite a few classes already, you've already heard the rumors about her birth. Must be tough being a modern-day homunculus. Much more when your mother doesn't seem to approve of you...

"Your performance earlier was great. Bet 'mom' wasn't expecting Kagari or you to give her that much trouble. Her 'surprise exams' often end in overwhelming failures, but in your case, it was so close..."

Still, Misao appears to be dealing with that in her own way. She's strong and not just in the battlefield as a Miracle Wielder... The way she deals with the pain is admirable.

"Anyways, how many points did you get? I got 30."

Hmm? That's surprisingly low for someone considered the school's favorite, Tir Na Nog's 'Ace'. When it comes to 1v1, you are pretty confident Shiomi has a steep advantage over you in terms of battle record. For that reason, it's kinda surprising that you got a superior score. You almost don't feel like sharing...

"... That written quiz from last week didn't go so well. Nor the one that came before that..."

Oh.

That explains it...