Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 478910 LastLast

Thread: Anima Kiseki // Gate: Future (IC thread)

Kurokami Nayuta
    Starlight Academy - Underground Prison
    Thursday - After-Class

Try as you might to resist the pull of gravity, you are unable to stop your fall, which promises to take you straight to 'jail', after Hibari and you fell for a trap. After a few moments, even your partner stops resisting and accepts your undeniable fate. Soon darkness gives birth to light and the two of you are thrown into a single, yet outstandingly spacious room.

"Huh?"

Ogata, who expected to land on a solid and merciless surface is surprised when she finds her fall has been cushioned by an air mattress strategically placed beforehand. It's the same with you. Given the protection the Folding Jacket provides, you were never at risk, but it is good to know that someone has made an effort to make this place as hospitable as possible.

In fact...

Can you really say that you are in the right place...?

Though it has far less tables than the cafeteria you are used to, this one appears to be far more luxurious, someone you'd expect to find in the Blue Settlement at the Russian Institute, not in Starlight. There are a few people hanging around the place, some are discussing team strategies, others sharing a meal. While some look more serious than others, it definitely conflicts with the image you had of a place designed to contain those who suffered penalties during the treasure hunt. Could it be that, by mistake, you were sent somewhere else...?

"Hey. What's this...?"

Urged by Hibari, your eyes are drawn towards one of the numerous hanging television screen the room has. A program showcasing live footage of the tournament is on, and several experts have been summoned to give their opinion on this year's favorites. This must be what normal people see at home when they tune in to see what's going on in the tournament. While it is true that it's in preliminary stages, the hype has been there for several months prior.

It feels kind of strange knowing that your every move is seemingly being recorded without you knowing.

"Tch... It's over for us..." Ogata grits her teeth after checking her Miracle and confirming that all your points, even those you had from the store had been stripped from the team. "Don't joke around, this isn't fair...!"

Unable to conceal her frustration, the pink haired girl slams her balled fist into the nearest table, scaring away two students who were sitting there.

Yes, in spite of its appearance, this is definitely 'Jail'.

The place where one's dreams of glory abruptly come to an end.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shuugetsu Heika
    Starlight Academy - Classroom 2-D
    Thursday - After Class

A farce, that's what this thing was.

Shuugetsu Heika let his distaste for the situation show clearly on his face, recognizing that this situation was not only disadvantageous for himself... but for the whole classroom. Were these really those with highest battle records, they would not be in this room. No, there was one more obvious caveat in what made these students end up here: they might have sported high battle records, but at the same time they were those who others could not trust, not in the least, so they were left on the wayside for more trustworthy partnership options.

In other words, it was a classroom full of people similar to Heika himself.

And now they were supposed to come up with three victors out of a game based on trust?

-------- This would never end.

None of these people would choose 'Trust' even once. Not because they didn't want to, but because they knew the other side would automatically default for 'Betray'. Because if they didn't, they wouldn't be in this classroom.

That's why this whole thing was a farce.

... Because Heika saw it as nothing more than a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by ???
    "Ah... Team-up...?"
    Now what was this?

This girl... Heika couldn't help but to cock an eyebrow at her, at the sight of her. A short young woman wearing a blindfold, seeming so out of place in this den of tigers. Wandering off from the group and accidentally bumping into him? If Heika were to believe in deities, he would have offered a rudimentary thanks to those above. It seemed like fate itself had sent a perfect little lamb for the slaughter in front of him. A rare piece that didn't fit this atmosphere and environment at all, someone who looked like they were stupid enough and desperate enough for a team that they'd automatically default to 'Trust'. Indeed, if he were to act to his own nature and choose to 'Betray' this girl was the perfect place to start.

... Which is why Heika found it laughably obvious.

This was no accident.

This girl was here because of the same reason as everyone else. She was someone with a high battle record, but with no one who would want to team up with her.

Because nobody could trust her.

To make such a brazen play to fool him... if it wasn't such an obvious trap to take advantage of his nature as a serpent, ready to strike at those he could fool, Heika would have burst into a laugh.

But instead, he simple scoffed at the girl.

"A team-up is what you seek? With me? Hmm, very well," Heika said, lowering himself a bit so he was looming over the girl. "If you want to keep us both at zero points when we both hit 'Betray' you are free to waste our time. After all, we both know how this classroom of unproven monkeys operate. That is why you sought me out, was it not? To take advantage of my predictable nature?"

That predatory smile of his, like poisoned alcohol, grew ripe.

"But there is a way to make this game a bit more interesting. A bit more... out of the box. Sometimes when you shuffle your cards or you mix your paints, it will bring forth new possibilities."

Straightening his back once more, Shuugetsu Heika turned his attention once more towards the Christmas Cake of a teacher, smiling venomously at her as well.

"Miss Kawamura? A suggestion, if I may," Heika spoke up, suddenly loud enough that his voice caught everyone's attention. "As we all know that the first four to six rounds of this shall be a... insipid little game of backstabbing to say the least, can I propose a handicap for myself to spice things up a little bit? To get those little grey cells really jogging in this classroom."

Closing his left eye, Heika extended his index finger and brought it to his lips, looking almost effeminately coy as he gave the rest of the classroom (and especially the blindfolded girl) a look.

"... Something like, ah, yes," he spoke with a theatrical flair. "If I myself happen to choose the option of 'Betray' more than once... you may disqualify me immediately."

Jade Sapphy
    Thursday - After-Class

"Uwaaahh-!!"

A few students stare in terror and disbelief as Hibari's display of anger summons an earthquake, causing the entire room to shake and its foundation to truly be put to the test. Except, as evidenced by the clearly baffled look on her face, she isn't the one responsible for the tremors nor the large amount of property damage that would soon bring two intruders to the underground shelter.

"It... Wasn't me..."

The words that barely manage to leave her mouth before a loud crashing sound sends the chamber into pitch-black darkness. Whatever just came through the ceiling has taken the lights with it and replaced the pure air one could breathe with a giant cloud of dust. But then, in the middle of all the coughing and the confusion that the whole situation brought with it, a single clear voice rings out, one that denotes not fear, nor rage.

"Mou, Jade-san, that's not fair!"

It's the voice of a pouting princess who has just lost an insane race to the depths of the Earth. It is only natural: She can bring machineguns, rocket thrusters and even rocket launchers out of that wheelchair of her, but a giant drill has never been on that list, mostly because the idea never crossed her mind. This made Jade the only person who could pave a path forward and literally annihilated any chances she had of getting to the finish line first. One can argue that at no point in time did any of them announce that it was a competition, but then again, as things have been between these two lately, they always end chasing each other around the island at high speeds.

The main difference is that now they've decided to move vertically.

"Uhmmm..."

It is, perhaps at this time, that Ino, alongside her wacky drill-armed companion probably begin to realize the extent of what they've done. After all, anyone would have expected the A.I. Space to immediately take care of the damage and take the necessary steps to protect the safety of the students. The thing is that, this time, no such thing happened. Maybe the machine that ran the A.I. cannot project a Reality Field underground, or maybe what the duo has just done could not be possibly anticipated by the system. Regardless, the consequences of their actions still lingered, even now....

"..."

One of the previously locked door slides open as a mysterious figure arrives at the scene, the illuminated corridor behind her being, currently, the only source of light available to you all. Her face hidden by a hood, together with her firm stance and lack of anything to immediately say like 'What happened...?!' or 'Is everyone okay-?!' makes you immediately believe you may be in serious trouble.

---And most likely, you are.

But, after a brief pause, the woman relaxes her shoulders, seemingly letting out a sigh of defeat. It looks like, at the very least, punishment will not be physical.

"... Looks like we have a pair of troublemakers. Right, just a moment."

The woman reaches out, her palm pointed towards the ceiling. After a brief delay, a white, physical construct made of what can only be described as 'energy', materializes next to the opening on the ceiling you created, sealing it. The construct is so bright, its presence also serves to bring light back to the room.

"Now, tell me you did this for a reason and not because you simply felt like it..."
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)

Noah Habiki
    Russian Institute - Kristoff's Personal Arena
    ​Thursday - After Class

This is bad.

Your brain understands that this is the decisive exchange that will determine the outcome of the battle. Perhaps because there is so much at stake, in your eyes, everything seems to slow down to a crawl. Both Karakuri Tetsuo and Anastasya Kristoff are monsters who stand on a completely different level than your own. So it goes without saying that stopping them is beyond what you can hope to do and yet, despite not putting much thought into it, you force your body to move and your Miracle responds in kind.

But this isn't an exercise. There is no Folding Jacket to protect your body from harm should something go wrong. Even the slightest miscalculation will create permanent consequences. Yeah, if you mess up here...

---Someone will definitely die.

Pandora takes aim. Not just at the fighters, but also at yourself. You cannot guarantee that a warning shot will be able to make them disengage. To do things directly, you'll have to free yourself. The mastery you hold over your weapon is significant, there is no denying that there is no other tool you'd be more confident with. There is a chance you'll miss, however. Energy Bolt isn't exactly known for its precision, after all. But if you don't do this, someone will definitely die.

If the result is the same either way, then you have no choice but to aim for that slim possibility where a tragedy does not occur-!

---Even if that means putting what you treasure the most, normalcy, aside.

------Even if it means going past the point of no return.

"Clairvoyance."

Many have tried to use science to anticipate the future through different algorithms and calculations. Others tried to use divine it through cards and astrology. Habiki Noah instead now tries to gaze into the future of two different people through an enhanced eyesight alone. It doesn't take a genius to know what will happen when you force a man to lift something heavy enough to crush him for too long. As he leaps out of the resulting smoke screen, the pain in Habiki's right arm is the least of his worries. The pressure in his eye should be enough for him to feel it is about to burst.

Slow.

Weak.

Fragile.

A voice in your head tells you that you are all of those things.

It's your voice and it is most likely right.

Your attack has made the fighters aware of your presence, but it has not been enough break them out of the trance of battle. You are just a speck of dust. Nothing in your arsenal can hope to change the future that your eyes see. You've dragged yourself all the way here out of instinct, and your actions are commendable for someone so poorly equipped, but...

"Please… I don't want to see anyone else die!"

Time accelerates.

And the first thing you see then...

Is how your world is mercilessly painted black.

-------

When you come to, you find yourself in an unfamiliar place.

It takes a while for you to recover your senses, but once you do, it becomes apparent that you've been brought to the nurse's office. Right, in a reckless attempt to prevent Tetsuo and Anastasya from further hurting each other, you placed your body in between, shielding yourself with the best defensive formula you had equipped at the time. Naturally, it was not enough to stop either attack and the resulting impact caused you to lose consciousness pretty much immediately after it occurred. A part of you is hesitant to check under the sheets, afraid to find a wound that's beyond science's ability to heal. You have enough with the headache you woke up with.

Ah, you can't keep your eyes open for too long...

"Just how long were you thinking to keep that machine a secret from us...?"

Your heart freezes when you hear the cold voice of the one you refer to as 'Frost Bitch' nearby. There, leaning against a wall is the teacher you least want to see, interrogating you and pretending none of what just happened, happened-!

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ryuzaki Nanami
    Starlight Academy - Ladder Room
    Thursday - After Class

“Geez, simmer down a bit, Yuki.” Nanami chastised her friend gently, getting ignored as a matter of course. Well, given the situation, she couldn’t really fault her for being frantic, either. They were cutting it very close for the deadline after all.

Finding a last member for their team had been a bit of an issue. For all that was worth, their team lineup was, in Nanami’s own opinion, quite intimidating, but at the same time a problem. The way she saw it, they were in the sweet (sour?) spot where even incredibly strong teams with Aces and top students would consider them a threat, but at the same time, were filled with enough unknowns and wildcards to not be a safe bet for teaming up.

The last thought made her grimace. Both Tenshin and herself were very unknown in terms of what they could do, and in Nanami’s case, she practically ran on being a total blank. She didn’t have any other option, her skillset was much better specced for team battles rather than single combat, and all her victories had come from her opponents not even knowing how they had lost. Sure, a record of not having lost ever seemed impressive, until one looked her up and saw she had only participated on five matches so far. Tenshin being from a fifth school and Yuki being an Operator hadn’t helped matters any.

Recruiting a team member would, probably, have meant sharing in a bit of her little bag of tricks, which wasn’t exactly a smart thing to do without some amount of trust, after all. And well…

It had made filtering a bit of a pain in the ass. Whatever the reason, they had ended in a bit of a desperate situation.

“Hey-“ She started when the elevator door opened up, but Yuki had already dashed out. Ah, well, there goes any hope of making a dignified entrance.

Still, shaking her head a bit to herself, Nanami followed her friends without running, calmly walking and following them along to a table full of people she didn’t know. She kept a neutral expression on, not minding the usual stares her white tails attracted as they streamed behind her. Effect was a bit ruined when she had to avoid hitting people with them, but hey. She tried.

When they got up to the table, one of the girls, the taller redhead, stood up and introduced herself. She was, evidently, the potential team member. And one she had heard about before, if she didn’t recall wrong. Didn’t know that much about her, but it was someone she’d pay some attention to.

“Hello.” She said in a very neutral and even tone, as she stepped forward and took the extended hand while Yuki was recovering her bearings. However, her front cracked rather quickly, and she showed a friendly grin. She had a good impression of Amaya going just by what little she knew of her.

“Name’s Ryuzaki Nanami. You can just call me Nanami.” She introduced herself. “Bishop, Ravensworth Academy. Miracle is called Tamamo-no-Mae.” Her tails shook slightly as she said the miracle’s name.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    ---
    Kurokami Nayuta

Day:
    Thursday
    Time:
    After-Class

Quote Originally Posted by Ogata Hibari View Post
    "Don't joke around, this isn't fair...!"

"Over... hmmm... but is it really?"

"Let us go and have a look around, Hibari-san. There may be a way for us out of here... giving up is the true way to lose!"

Kurokami Nayuta was known for her eternally positivist behaviour -- it wasn't that she didn't like losing, or believed that she could not lose, rather it was her mindset which focused on never giving up: an eternal search for a happy ending, into turning the impossible into the possible.

This was why she did not give Hibari a weary or dreaded look, rather, Nayuta smiled like this was nothing and lead her companion by the hand to have a look around. Her plan was simple, to examine the area and inquire wherever there was a way to break out of 'jail'. Her trust in Nanako's ideals and modus operandi lead Nayuta to think that surely, there must be a way to forge on from this setback.

Ultimately... what was it... 'it isn't about you fall from failing, but rather, how you get back up and tackle the obstacle again... until you overcome it.'

-- but what was this earthquake?

Nayuta had barely begone leading Hibari around that the entire ground began shaking and a very loud noise could be heard -- the source seemed to be from... above? As Hibari claimed her innocence from the current trouble brewing, debris began falling down. Seeing in the danger ahead, Nayuta instinctively dragged her partner to a nearby table and pulled her under there, then using herself as an additional layer of protection. She never really thought about it all, perhaps that it was just all a mechanical, instinctive feeling...

As the falling rocks and the crashing passed, it seemed that the area where Nayuta and Hibari had taken cover wasn't hit too much.

"Oh, are you alright? Sorry for the rough handling." Nayuta told Hibari, while attentively noting if there was any form of bruise or whatever on her companion.

With then new scene that was unfolding before them... Nayuta's curiosity piqued, and she went closer to the duo that had just drilled their way to here from the.... heavens? Though she did not interrupt the question that had been asked by the hooded figure, who also attracted Nayuta's attention, the girl wondering who could that be -- if this was a jail, perhaps that was the Jailer?
    Last edited by Ayakashi; January 29th, 2019 at 07:20 AM.

Blog Entries
    Jade Sapphy
    Thursday - After-Class

Jade crashed to the floor with a rather undignified thump when her drill suddenly pushed through the walls of the chamber. Her entrance probably surprised her as much as it did the occupants. Despite her natural stone sense and affinity for understanding the earth, she had in no way sensed the prison prior to entry. She surmised that the Reality Field which had governed it had resisted attempts to locate it. However once she was actually inside that appeared to be no longer the case. Now that she was actually inside, and the barrier somewhat damaged she could feel through the petroglyph the layers of magic which created the wards.

More importantly, she could feel that her entry had inadvertently done some damage to defensive matrices.

A smile curved Jade's lips upwards even before Ino confirmed a rare win to add to Jade's total. Jade glanced around the room taking stock as she awkwardly climbed to her feet. the occupants of the area had funny reactions. Some had backed up, overturning tables and chairs to make impromptu shields. Others had dived for cover or readied spell work. Jade suppressed a giggle as a few slower ones simply stared slack jawed.

...Speaking of slack jawed yokels...

Someone who appeared to be a member of organisation 13 approached. She was putting off some massively creepy vibes.

Judging from the fact that she started immediately trying to patch up the entrance Jade had created, she was probably the warden, or something close to it. "Hiya!" Jade said, with an overly sweet smile on her face. "Im Jade. Ima knight!"

Jade took off her glasses and idly removed some errant dust from them before placing them back on her head, blinking owlishly. Behind her, she could feel Ino tense up at the prearranged signal they had devised while training. that particular sign essentially indicated I am about to do something, get ready!

Jade glanced around again, her eyes alighting on the pair she had glimpsed briefly before. They didn't know something was about to happen. Ah well. If Jade was gonna team up with them, they were gonna have to show some Guts!

"So, I guess you run this circus." Jade said, idly raising one hand, with her middle finger and thumb pursed. "that meas you gotta be stronger then me. Probably stronger then everyone here. I'm not very smart either, I don't think things through much. I like having fun! I guess that's why it never really occurred to me how scary it would be...

A sinister sheen went across Jades coke bottle lenses, momentarily obscuring her eyes.

"...to fight me under ground." And Jade snapped her fingers, invoking her greatest magic. And then with a wrench of tearing stone, the chamber began to collapse.

Well, not completely, there were some areas where the Reality field resisted Jade's magic, but she had already tore through it once without even trying, it hadn't been designed for the ceiling to simply burst, and there was stone all around. Bursting through the ceiling came ladders, rough stair cases, in some cases just wiring frames reminiscent of a fireman's pole. As she had during the race, a discerning eye would note that none of these had the fine crafting that she had built for Ino. Many of the exits probably didn't actually lead out.But some did. Which means that with a mountain of dust and the scramble of all the prisoners who suddenly had a shot of escape, the entire area fell into complete chaos.

Jade liked chaos.

“Hahahahaha!” Jade laughed at her handy work. Looking at a girl she would later learn was Nayuta, Jade held out a hand covered in the dust of her own demising. "Its a jail break lady! Lets hi-jinx...I mean high tail it out of here!" Jade said, pointing at an entrance that she new did indeed lead to the surface.

wise up!

Gaian reign. Rank C unique.

The ultimate stone shape spell, reached by one who does not practice magic not for love of power, but for the sheer joy of it. Mastering this level of earth shaping must have seemed almost a pointless waste of time. While at this level it may be possible to move masses of earth up to 100 tons, at this level it is actually difficult to see what the increased weight and size would do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Nakamura Amaya​ (& Ryuzaki Nanami​)
    Thursday - After Class

A few moments later, the eight of you are sitting around the table. The atmosphere is still somewhat tense despite everyone's attempt to be as friendly as possible, you are sitting next to those who will become your teammates, people you don't know, people who you aren't sure if you can trust. Perhaps, this doesn't bother you as much and you believe that the invisible barrier can be overcome, but you are sure that's not the case for the rest. Amai Yuki, who introduced herself after Nanami as the Team's Operator, seems to be the most open of the bunch, but the foxgirl and the swordswoman, who is to act as the team's second knight, still seem wary of you. It might as well be a distance you cannot cross in a short amount of time, but with a good line to break the ice, perhaps you could get something going.

"Why don't you girls give the team ladder a try...? That'll both help you get to know each other and ready yourselves for what is to come."

Before you can voice your thoughts, Yukio speaks, suggesting a good way to get the ball moving. Hardly any of you has any experience in group battle, so it will be a good opportunity to get a feel for the format. With nothing at stake and going against such friendly opponents, you should be able to relax and have fun, all while having a good chance to strengthen bonds amongst yourselves. Regardless of your individual reasoning behind the decision, everyone seems to agree that doing such is a good idea. It is at that moment that Yukio flashes a particularly scary smirk, one that can only belong to a real mastermind. Amai immediately squints her eyes in response, feeling an immediate sense of danger. Being the one that has known him for the longest time, she has a feeling you've just been sucked into a plot of his, and now are forced to move at his own pace-!

"Team Ladder maps at the Ladder Room are often too big, though. It would be a shame if we were to continuously miss each other."

So... He's suggesting a smaller map...?

No. That's not it.

"We want to gauge our strength, too. Against you... And against the so-called 'strongest contender'. So, foreseeing this, I arranged for a match with all three of us."

With each second that passes by, it becomes more and more evident that the practice match might turn out to be more stressing than what you initially thought. Yukio and rest of the team all seem resolute about this, so you can't really find it in yourself to turn them down. That said, the words 'strongest contender' ring heavily on your mind. In every tournament, there is bound to be a favorite, but for such a team to be assembled in such short period of time, given the criteria required to register a proper team...

---A part of you can't help but wonder.

------Wonder if such foe still stands within your reach.

"Who are they...?" Yuki timidly asks. "Who are the members of this team you speak of...?"

Your new friends exchange a few glances, wondering if they should share that piece of information. After moment of silence, Kato, who felt like he'd die if he kept his mouth shut for any longer, stands up and voices a peek of the truth for everyone to hear:

"It's my teacher's team-! There's not one like it-!"

In response, the rest of his team stares at him with slight hostility in their eyes, causing him to flinch back to his seat. Right, you've heard about Sally Springfield, daughter of Major Springfield, from your exchanges with Kagari. Although the boy could make anyone he idolizes appear like a God with how he describes other people, you could tell Sally is something else.

"The Seventh Nova. I heard she's strong..."

Rie's comment alarms a good part of your team, particularly Amai. Recognizing Springfield by her teacher-student relationship with Kato would be difficult, but throw in her nickname and its a whole different story. Some fans from other schools go as far as to claim that she has what it takes to be school ace, yet purposefully avoids that title.

"She's a strong melee fighter who uses fire to boost attack, mobility and range, all at once."

Your soon-to-be operator recalls a few details about Sally almost out of reflex. It's only natural that she would have this sort of knowledge, after all, as people like her aren't deployed to the battlefield and instead stay behind to give the team instructions, wisdom and experience are their greatest weapon.

But yeah... that description makes her style resemble Kagari's, all right...

"... Then from, Ravensworth Institute, you have-"

A sudden *beep* forces Yukio to make a brief pause to check his Miracle's console.

"Ah, I am sorry, but they are already waiting for us to start. We better hurry."

Naturally, Amai insists on getting those names, as it's a fundamental piece required for your victory.

... This is supposed to be a practice match, but it doesn't look like she has plans for anything but having the team come out as number one.

However, your friends are already fleeing towards one of the team booths-!

"Two Knights, a Bishop and a Pawn-!"

Alexandra Aleksandrov shouts in a friendly manner before catching up with her team.

It looks like that's all you'll have to work with.

-------

Wise Up!
    Tutorial: Official Team Battles Set Up

Step 1 - Stage Selection...!
    During official matches using the Ladder Room, the A.I. Space used as a materialized battlefield can be fully customized by one of the teams involved (usually the one with the lowest point count [right now: you] or the one with a blatant disadvantage). Extreme hazardous settings such as a pit of molten lava or a town in the wake of a tsunami are currently unavailable. However, normal weather conditions and even the time of the day can be adjusted to fill the team's desires. One can choose from a set of pre-loaded locations or use one's own Robotic;Notes as a 'base' for the A.I. Space to replicate. Doing so does not exhaust the owner of the Robotic;Notes in any way, and during the battle, it is unlikely such space will collapse. Choose a stage that improves your team performance and gain an advantage over the opponent-!

Stage 2 - Planning and Anticipating the Opponent's Next Move...!
    Before the battle starts, each team will be given a few minutes to discuss which strategy they'll use to tackle the obstacles that lie ahead. You are allowed to create up to three goals which may be separate or intertwined, which will be known only by your team. Completing such goals will give you a narrative boost during the battle (increasing chances of success). Specific, intertwined goals will have a stronger effect than other goals. In addition, you are able to create two counter-strategies to oppose your foe's tactics. If you predict their moves right and act to suppress them, you'll get a narrative boost as well-!

Stage 3 - No Mercy...!
    Watch out! During this battle you may be taken out or suffer severe damage without making any real narrative mistakes! Depending on which map is chosen you might be more exposed to threats you cannot perceive and thus, not able to react to in time. Furthermore, if you are targeted by multiple enemies, fighting back will be difficult and disengaging might be for the best. Do your best to play safe, collect narrative bonuses and corner your enemies using these very same rules-!

Stage 4 - Get Together and Victory...!
    At the beginning of the match, you'll spawn at a random location within the map. It is probably in your best interest to get together as soon as possible, but it also might be a good opportunity to pick on an enemy who is weaker when they are one their own. A team will be awarded a point for each foe they eliminate and one for each ally that is still in the game after the timer rounds out or every other team has been eliminated. Find the way most suited to you to score the most points and win the match-!

Shuugetsu Heika
    Starlight Academy - Classroom 2-D
    Thursday - After Class

A smile spread across Kawamura Akane's lips, almost out of instinct. The odds of succeeding in this sort of experiment, where one has to take in to account not just one's options but that of the rest, are already low, so she must find the thought of someone willingly handicapping themselves further hilarious, yet exciting. Even if your overall attitude has been annoying from the get-go, this showcase of conviction has certainly picked up her interest. Hopefully it isn't just a ploy to be excluded from the exercise as soon as possible...

"Alright. Anyone else feels like doing the same as mr. Shuugetsu...?"

The silence that follows should be enough of an answer. For the rest, there is no point in following you. After all, doing so would, at best, give one bragging rights, and such thing isn't worth the risk. But to say that your daring proposal was a pointless mistake would not be accurate. It has created a ripple, a reaction: Now that everyone knows of your handicap, they will adapt their strategy to it. To win games where the competition is heavy, sometimes all that is needed is an opportunity. In this case, you've become that opportunity and have bound the majority to you, whether they like it or not. It's not hard to see why, even an ant can understand the logic behind it.

If you can only use 'betray' once, then the moment you do, all your future choices will automatically become 'ally', making you a sitting duck for those in the room who simply hate your guts, or anyone who plans to win in general. At the same time, this new predicament would lead others to believe that, if you truly want to win, then you'll save the option 'betray' for the latest stage of the game. In other words, you are a safe partner to stick around with at least during the beginning stages of the game. Alternatively, this also means that backstabbing you during the first round has a good chance of being a rewarding choice.

Who knows...? Perhaps victory can be achieved after a single round. The ultimate proof of this is the electronic blackboard screen behind Akane, which has just been brought to life. In it, the full names of each contender are displayed for all to see, and next to them are their scores, except that instead of beginning from a specific number, there is a question mark (?) where the score should be. This leads to the possibility that one may either reach nine points with a single use of the command 'betray' and the possibility that one might be immediately disqualified after making the mistake of trusting someone they shouldn't.

You absent-mindedly skim through the list of names until you, unfortunately, run into one you recognize. Agnethe Grieser. Honestly surprised you missed her outstanding haircut and attire within the crowd. She is not within your field of view, not like you are actually trying to find her, but it should be easy to locate her if you really wanted to.

"..."

Meanwhile, the little girl with bandages over her eyes has remained quiet by your side. After being exposed through your accusations, or at least that's the way it looked like, there was little she could do to convince you that the truth isn't the one you forged. The time allowed to find a 'partner' is about to run out though so you are either going to have to deal with her being either your first ally or your first obstacle, or quickly shove herself away to find youself someone else.

More importantly, you have to decide whether you are going for 'Ally' or 'Betray'. You have been instructed to write down your answer on a piece of paper, fold it and leave it on top of your desk.

Jade Sapphy​ (& Kurokami Nayuta)
    Thursday - After-Class

"You can't be serious..."

Putting everyone at risk with a reckless entrance, on top of trying to get all 'prisoners' free without having to undergo a 'special trial', you undoubtedly know how to make a jail keeper's day hell. Add the fact that the A.I. Space trigger has been mysteriously malfunctioning since early in the morning in the areas underneath the school with the exception of the Ladder Room, and you have a recipe to get anyone fired or willing to quit. But this is certainly not the first time the planets seem to align to ruin the hooded figure's sense of peace, so this feat of yours is to small to make someone of her pedigree throw the towel. At this point she can't even say that she's surprised to see that you completely ignored her question or by the way the recent chain of events has unfolded.

"Kurokami-san, Ogata-san, we've come to free you-! There is no time to waste, so please get away!"

The whole situation might have been too sudden and thus confusing, so Ino does her best to convey the important message. Hopefully, this will wake the two from their shock and urge them to act or else thing might end badly. Both Ayanokouji and you have already gained access to the Jail area in an unorthodox manner, caused property damage and even orchestrated a prison break which most likely is a violation of at least one rule, so...

You have plenty of reasons why you don't want to be caught.

For Nayuta, the recent turn of events must have been at least somewhat surprising. After all, while this is certainly the first time she sees you, Ayanokouji Ino is no stranger in her life. Both were involved in an accident about a year ago that left the latter without the ability to walk, a trauma that the former has yet to overcome. And, in spite of this, that very same girl is here to save Kurokami and her friend from being disqualified from the tournament.

"...Yeah, I'll leave it to you."

The hooded woman mutters something under her own breath and then devotes her complete attention to your group. Though its still somewhat dark and the scene is one of complete chaos where students search and even compete for a way out while they still can, it begins to dawn on you that such tactics will not be enough to divert her attention elsewhere. Be it because you have been the cause of this mess or for a different reason, she is set on capturing you even if it means letting the rest of the students flee through the other escape routes you created. Now, there is a good chance at least one of you can manage to escape if the four of you take different routes, but there is no guarantee on who'll be left behind, and not escaping together would make this whole trip pointless.

"Tch... She's on our toes."

You are going to need a distraction.

A bigger one.

Noah Habiki
    Russian Institute - Kristoff's Personal Arena
    Thursday - After Class

Hey, Nii-san? Did you know that everyone is the protagonist of their life? It seems redundant and stupid to say, but sometimes I don’t think you notice that honestly. Hell, if I had to say something, it would be…”

“...that my life would make a terrible script for a movie, right?”

I was already aware of his train of thought at that moment. Finishing each other's sentences came naturally, and it was a moment of amusement for both of us. But that topic was appropriate for this conversation.

Was someone like me worthy of being a protagonist?

Of course. By default I’m alive, and living soi guess I was born one, however, does that mean if God were to read my life out loud that he’d find it interesting or amusing?

No. there wasn’t anything worth giving the audience pause or suspense. The most anyone would do is stop half-way and say they got bored.

That was the difference between him and me. His story would make others chuckled or laugh while feeling a sense of pride swelling within. He stood front and center while I stayed in the back. He kept moving forward leaving behind steps that others might have followed, and all I did was hold still, unsure and unreliable…

“You know Nii-san, I wouldn’t mind reading a story based on ya.”

“Are you an idiot? If you want to read a slice of life or a biography then, by all means, knock yourself out.”

“It’s just… there’s this saying that the more mundane your life it, the time excitement will be that much bigger!”

“Did you read that from a shitty fortune cookie?”

“Nope. But this woman with a crystal ball did mention it.”

After that, we laughed like madmen and continued walking home. The skies were clear with no clouds in sight. The sun was beaming down on us both, but it was gentle and welcoming. I reached out towards the sun as if grasping, capturing it with my fingers…

Would it be an exciting tale to remember?

“H-huh?”

I squint my eyes at the light from the ceiling with my arm raised in the same position as the memory. I could feel a liquid pouring down the side of my face, but I wasn’t sure as to why it was there.

----Outside the window, the bright afternoon welcomed me.

I take in my surroundings. The room is clean, and the bed is white. Ah, this must be the nurse's room for patients. It’s nice to know that a place like this exists, especially taking in the number of students who may bring the school down on them by mere accidents.

My eyes hurt and the ringing in my head grew heavy. I shouldn’t have interfered in that fight. Tetsuo may have been trying to help me but getting in the way like that…!

“Tetsuo?!”

I’d almost forgotten why all of this happen. He was fighting that monstrous woman, and then I got in the way.

What happened to him?

Just how long were you going to keep that machine a secret from us...?”

I turned and saw frost bitch leaning by the door as though what had transpired earlier didn’t even exist. I’d roll my eyes, but then I was afraid to offend her… at least so soon.

“I wasn’t aware I had a secret to keep from you guys. That machine is named Tetsuo; he’s an acquaintance of mine overall the past three days since I came here. Although if you’re angry over his intervention then perhaps you shouldn’t have trapped me in a chair…?”

I rubbed the back of my head and chuckled a bit. It was inappropriate but the situation, despite how bad, was laughable at best. To think a robot would rescue me like a knight to a princess.
    “Sorry for mentioning it but he seemed safe to be around at the time, ya know?”

I hadn’t forgotten about Tetsuo’s request but merely telling her about would seem wrong… I guess? If she’s here then…!

“I know this sounds rude to ask all of a sudden, but you wouldn’t happen to know of Tetsuo’s condition? Did you dismantle him? Did he get away or something?”

"Nothing is the greatest gift Mankind has ever been giving."

"Wait. How so?"

"Because it's the only thing Mankind can ever give a shit about"

Blog Entries
    Takumi Hokuto
    Starlight Academy- Sleeping Bishop (Outside)
    Thursday- After Class

Mmmm... I'm not really sure what all this about, but my instincts tell me that "I must be obedient." So without so much as questioning why, I ease myself down on the grass and hunch over so that I'm not peeking out of the bushes yet. It's only after I've made a decent effort trying to conceal myself that I even bother asking what I'm doing.

Looking at the girl to my side, I can't say that I've seen her around before. She doesn't strike me as someone that goes to my school... Nor does it seem like now is a good time to ask her about the details. Whatever she's doing, she seems to engrossed in it to really be concerned with me. Which is fine... Because I really should be scouting things out myself... Buuuuuuuut…

"She did tell me to stay out of the way..."

I grumble to myself as the reason for my cooperation creeps into the back of my mind. Onee-san... Such a simple and inoffensive little thing. But for me... For me it's like a shock collar to remind me of years of discipline and conditioning...

While I'm the only son of the Takumi family, I'm not the oldest. Nor am I the first... I grew up in a home with five older sisters... And they are prime examples of the "strength" our family's school teaches. Even thinking about them now... I can hear their voices demanding I fall in line with their various unreasonable desires... Eating the entirety of my bento because they cave on their diets... Telling me to sneak of sip of dad's sake so I could tell them how it tasted... Stealing the car and driving to the red light district to pick them up from the bar... Burning down the kitchen and dumping the clean-up on me... But I think the worst of all was when I was thrown into the tiger exhibit at the zoo, shortly after being told I had to prove myself as a man...

"I was only six..."

But every time something was asked of me- no matter how unreasonable it was- they'd dress it up with their sweet words... Dangling "Onee-san" over my head as if to crush me with their seniority. Granted, it was the better alternative to me saying no...

Even though my sisters are not here, their teachings are engrained in my body. The mere sound of Onee-san paralyzes my body with fear and only eases up when it comes to compliance.

Turning to face the mystery girl, I take off my hoody and drape it over her head to help her blend into the bushes better.

"Onee-san," The words of a broken man strike my heart, "What exactly are you doing?"
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nakamura Amaya​
    Thursday - After Class

Ah.

I guess it's only natural that I'm the most odd one out.

With their team already semi-formed, of course they'd be wary of someone like me, who's showing up right at the end as a sort of unknown player. Of course I was recommended to them by others, but you can only believe in someone so much without seeing them in action, and while the reverse is also true, since I'm kinda outnumbered here, the pressure is really more on me to shine than on them...

Well, coming across as automatically charismatic wasn't a real skill of mine; that was something the old man had that I lacked, the ability to make friends with basically anyone right off the bat, still...

"Seventh Nova huh? Seems like I've been running into a lot of big names lately."

Rather than a sense of alarm at the alias, I ultimately treat it with the same sense of calm I had treated the prospective battle with Misao. I'm not shaken easy by big names, my philosophy in this sort of thing is simple; I want to win regardless of who the opponent happens to be, to that end, I do my best to always head into things with a clear and focused mind...

Because if I don't have that, than my strongest weapon is lost, and any gaps of power that might exist will truly become insurmountable.

"But big names are just big names. Anyone can be taken out with a proper plan, and I've got some all-purpose plans that might work out regardless of our opponent's identities... Still, friendly match or not I plan to win, so let's shake up the predictions a bit. Blow the so called "strongest contenders" out of the water."

There's no reason to hide behind overly flowery language or tones of voice, I'm a pretty blunt person when it comes down to it, so I figure I should show them that part of myself right from the start.

"Then afterwards, we can all go for ice cream or something, my treat."

---This too, is something that should be known.

The Nakamura Family appetite can be a strong catalyst for friendships.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Arthur Waynwood
    Starlight Academy - The Sleeping Bishop
    Thursday - After School

"..."

Looking over her shoulder, Katsurimi Kiyoko shoots one final glance at the counter, where Kaitlin Canavan can be seen busy making sure everything is where it should be. It's already clear that, to her, the bartender represents the ideal candidate for the Operator position, as the blonde came here a few days ago not to have a chat with you, but to convince the woman to join her, so it must be hard to part with the idea of having her as the team's main source of support. Still, it's a only a sentiment that lingers for only a few seconds, as she is not one to think too heavily on the past or in 'what-ifs'. Despite having the aura of an flawless young princess, knowing how to adapt when your initial plan fails has been one of the first things she has been taught by her master.

"I agree. Despite the appeal of having a fourth fighter, an operator would be more valuable for our team."

There is a brief moment of silence as the two of you stand there, next to the exit. She does not need to speak any words to convey her point of view as to you, it's all too clear. While Arthur Waynwood thinks pragmatically of the situation and weight the benefits of recruiting an Operator versus recruiting someone with a different role, there has never been a choice other than 'Operator' within Katsurimi's mind. As the solo leader champion there is nothing a fighter can do that she cannot do already, and it isn't hard to believe that she cannot make up for the loss in numbers with sheer talent. However, she is not almighty in a team battle and she has already expressed her concern about that. Thus, what she needs is competent team members who can do their jobs properly, and an Operator is the perfect tool to ensure that.

"No matter how one looks at it, finding one at this point is going to be a headache."

Yes.

The rules that have been announced regarding team building are as follows: A team should consist of four members that can be either four fighters, each from a different school, or three fighters from different schools and an operator from any school.

It's easy to understand why one is given freedom to pick an operator from any institution: Of all roles, the Operator is the least popular. It is often chosen by those who cannot show any talent on the field of battle, and only after no other options seem to remain. Few are those that choose the role out of vocation. So, even if you get lucky and find one, there is no guarantee that they'll do their job properly...

That said, it doesn't look like Kiyoko is willing to toss the towel just yet. Does she have anything in mind? You can't help but to ask.

"Unfortunately... I do."

Is the answer you are given, as the the two of you cross the boundary that separates the Sleeping Bishop from the outside world.

-------

Takumi Hokuto (& Arthur Waynwood)
    Starlight Academy- Sleeping Bishop (Outside)
    Thursday- After Class

"Shhhh~"

Suddenly, you find a finger has been gently placed over your lips, effectively sealing them. Normally, there would be no problem with voicing your thirst for curiosity in front of this bigsis-type reporter, but it looks like your question comes at a really critical time. The gesture being enough to convey the message, you offer no resistance and instead silently further retreat into the safety of the bush. There, and by looking in the same direction as the girl, you find that the spot has a clear view of the Sleeping Bishop's entrance. The Sleeping Bishop is a fairly popular spot in Starlight, second only to the Main Building's cafeteria when it comes to places where students choose to have a meal. Naturally, it's more expensive, but it's certainly worth it. The relaxing music makes it feel like it isn't crowded even when it is, and the environment is such that it allows a decent amount of privacy to those that seek it.

The moment the door to the Bar swings open, your companion takes aim with her camera. She must have eyes on the inside to know that her targets would come out the moment they do, because there are no traces of hesitation in her grip. Still, she does not fire right off the bat, deciding to wait until she gets the perfect angle. Needless to be said, this girl probably has as much experience with photography as you do with martial arts.

One of the two figures is one that can be easily identified by the general public. Even a completely social klutz should at least be able to recognize her face, seeing as it has been displayed on the media multiple times over the past few years. Katsurimi Kiyoko, a young student hailing from the Ravensworth School of Magic, who holds the greatest ranking in the Solo Ladder. Cold, reserved and wielder of an unwavering professionalism, she is a rising star in the world of Miracle Wielders with a potentially bright future. It is yet to be seen if this tournament will be a stepping stone or a stain in her otherwise impeccable career.

The other man rings absolutely no bells. He, at the very last, is not a student at Starlight Academy. Like Katsurimi, he wears a quiet and distant demeanor. In spite of this, the two appear to be discussing private matters among themselves with little restraint.

---And that is precisely the image the mysterious reporter in the bushes wants to capture...!

A flash of light meant to immortalize the scene before your eyes. A flash of light that immediately gives away your position...

Wait... Isn't this bad...?

But far from flinching from the stare of the duo as their eyes fall upon the bush from where the flash came from, the girl leaps out of her hiding spot and...

"Mwahahaha! Got'cha-!"

... Foolishly brags about her victory.

"Ah, young love-! I never thought I would see the day where your heart would warm up to someone, Kiyo-chan, but here it is-! Isn't it wonderful-?!"

"Natsumi..."

Katsurimi doesn't look too happy about this sudden leap in logic.

That said, it looks like the two of them know each other...?

Noah Habiki
    Russian Institute - Blue Settlement's Hospital
    Thursday - After Class

"... I do admit I got a little carried away. I wanted to fight the machine, but I couldn't leave you outside my field of vision, either, so..."

So she bound your arms and legs and left you in the middle of a customized arena that is meant to immediately disable safety measures, such as the Folding Jacket. Considering in how much danger you were placed, 'a little carried away' sounds like an underestimation. How is it that a crazy woman such as her is still in this line of work? You'd expect teachers who nearly get their students killed be fired straight away. But here you are, talking to her as if nothing has happened. She certainly still retains all authority over you: She might let a comment or two slide, but you must thread carefully. Anastasya Kristoff is the head of Military Warfare, Self-Defense and, most importantly, Punishment here at the Russian Institute. Crossing her won't come without consequence.

Still, it's good that she is willing to admit that this has been mostly her fault. It makes it easier to go along with the flow. That said, you are naturally worried about your friend so you take the opportunity to ask about his well-being. He was the one facing this monster of a woman head-on, and you recall him taking a good amount of damage during the brief exchanges that occurred during the match.

"Dismantle him...? Surely, you jest. Though it seems to be at least a decade old, this robot you call Tetsuo appears to be more complex than anything our technology could ever produce... It's the work of a genius. Repairing it is already proving to be quite the task."

It's good to hear that he'll be okay.

That said, it doesn't look like the faculty is willing to let go of this finding as it had never happened. The incident with Anastasya aside, you still have to respond as to why such precious piece of technology was in your possession and it's pretty obvious that a simple 'I didn't know I had to report it' will fly. This is bad, you haven't really thought about it until now, but you could be branded a terrorist for it. If this is the same as wielding a Miracle without permission, then all that is needed is a good, believable story to make your life miserable. But the people at the Russian Institute wouldn't do something like that just to frame you...

---Right...?

"It's good that you understand how severe the situation is. Buuut... There is something you can do for me to get scott free."

The teacher takes a seat at the edge of the bed, turns towards you and places a tender hand on your chin. Her grip feels soft, yet forceful. Her smile, that of a devil. Her position is one of absolute power: Whatever she asks of you, you have no choice but to say 'yes'. It would be incredibly brave and incredibly foolish of you to go about it in another way.

However...

If Anastasya Kristoff is the kind of person you believe she is, you can be sure that whatever favor she asks will be of no good.

"Your friend, Tetsuo, refuses to receive commands from anyone other than its 'Temporary Administrator'. But, you see, Tetsuo is still a robot, a machine, a puppet if you may. So... If you were to hand over your Administrator rights to someone else... I'm sure it'll understand."

---Heartbeat.

What you saw at the arena... There is no mistake. This woman was trying to force out the ruthless side of Tetsuo. Just what the hell is going on...? Do these guys plan to use Tetsuo as some kind of weapon...?

------Heartbeat.

But Tetsuo is not a weapon. It's true that he's equipped with a good number of deadly firearms... However, what you lived during these past few days has been no fantasy. Tetsuo can be righteous and gentle and also as innocent and harmless as a little kid. He wants no trouble... He's just looking for his maker.

To sell him off to the Russians just like this would be selfish of you, to say the least...

---------Heartbeat.

It comes down to this.

It's him or you.

Whatever choice you make here will certainly shape the future.
    Last edited by hero; February 26th, 2019 at 06:33 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Dranes's Avatar
    Ryouji Kurosawa
    Starlight Academy - The Sleeping Bishop (Outside)
    Thursday - After Class

A familiar scene? Or is it-

His broken thoughts and world returned back to reality, the familiar voice ringing in his head as he shaked himself out of it. Whatever it was.

"Eh?"

That was the only response Ryouji had for his partner and her little jab, regardless of how true it was. The last few days had been gruelling, far more than he had expected to the point that he had to admit it: Ohka Mari might've just been the real deal... too bad the reward for all that trouble didn't look like it matched all that effort. But that didn't matter now, he had to put that to the side considering his situation. If his luck stayed the way it was the past few days well he'd be out of the competition before he even got a chance to fight. Knowing no one meant he only really had one option left in the end...

"Sounds like just mentioning you would get me thrown out."

So how many more landmines were there going to be in there? Well it didn't really matter, as long as he managed to find a partner that's all that really mattered, right?

"Either this works or this is the last you'll be seeing me the whole tournament. Answer's obvious about what's going to happen."

A shrug of the shoulders accompanies the simple fact.

Of course it'll work out even if he has to force it to work out!

"So just get that favor ready in the meantime, I'll see ya later."

There was no time for doubt or questioning it, he had to get to the next stage no matter what. He had to keep moving forward, to stop now would just mean being content with mediocrity. He already tasted that when he failed before... but even here he could make something of himself, those who rejected him would realize the mistake they made when they next see him.

And then... and then... well, for a simple 'pawn' like him there would always only be one way: continually advancing until he reached it and knock down whatever obstacles come his way until he reaches the end: the very top.

And that's why there was no time to be worrying about the small stuff or having strange daydreams, the past was the past, what mattered was the future.

Noah Habiki
    Russian Institute - Blue Settlement's Hospital
    Thursday - After Class

I'm starting to understand the dire situation I've been placed in. It wasn't a matter of choosing since the only option available from the start was made obvious. Tetsuo is simple a machine; an empty doll to others following a simply programming left by his creator. That cold hard logic is truth and nothing can make it false.

The days we spent hanging were quite enjoyable. A tiny taste of what it meant being friends with someone and hanging out. I couldn't get something like that back then. Would I be so heartless to pick common sense and get away Scot free?

Of course. As I said before... the choice was obvious from the start...

"I choose myself... and Tetsuo."

This is not bravado or confidence. This is a declaration!

Ice bitch is not someone I can trust even at 1% or even less than that. I mean what bullshit act was she putting on right now acting all coy by holding my chin! I saw through her facade and already know her type by heart. She makes me nervous, want nothing more than to shrink in a corner and turn my back to her but everyone does that to me already. Any threats that isn't damaging to my family nor warrant the risk of losing my life in the process would only be heard by one ear alone.

All this due to a miscalculation on her part...

...She called me a 'Temporary Administrator.'

As long as Tetsuo views me as such there isn't much they can do. Brute force could be on the table, straight forward and efficient; not that they could considering I'm just a student. I've only heard rumors of the 'punishment' but right now my heart can't turn cold and betray someone on the whim for my own convenience.

Tetsuo is my friend. Nothing about that has changed yet. He went out to protect and save me, putting himself at risk from damaging his body.

"If you want Tetsuo then you might as well take me along for the ride. We're a package deal after all."

If possible I want to keep close. I don't want an outcome where he became a mindless machine only meant for destruction. I doubt his creator would want that as well... or at least I hope he/she would.

"I'll make myself his handler considering I'm the only one he's willingly to completely obey. You can put e through the ringer to make myself useful if you deem it necessary but I can't hand him over."

...I found him in that warehouse. A promise was made there as well.

The whole thing relies on a straight gamble. If she rejects the offer than I'll simply chose Tetsuo and we'll be back at square one anyway. Nothing but pure stubbornness to the very end.

I wonder how he ​would have handle the situation.
    "Nothing is the greatest gift Mankind has ever been giving."

"Wait. How so?"

"Because it's the only thing Mankind can ever give a shit about"

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    ---

Kurokami Nayuta

Day:
    Monday
    Time:
    After-Class

An extremely rapid, and rather hectic chain of events for sure: to be thrown into Jail only to immediately have the idea of Freedom being dangled before your eyes is quite a roller-coaster of emotions, but then this all happened so quickly that thoughts and feelings never really had the time to settle in the first place.

She was after all an optimistic person, and she had never stopped hoping even after understanding what kind of place they were in.

Though no matter how hopeful one is, sometimes people cannot escape their past. Though her gaze is ever so set forwards on the future, her thoughts had never escaped the past... and thus, the sight of Ino did indeed leave Nayuta immobile and shocked, white as if she had seen a ghost. The memory of what she had done...

But is it time for such things?

Of course not.

She may have lost a few seconds, but the ruckus around from everyone scrambling about wakes Nayuta from her past-recalling trance.

Nayuta turns around towards the person that will most likely oppose their escape.

Was all of this really valid, actually? If they had been caught by the trap, did that not simply mean that even though if they broke out of there, officially they would still be disqualified? Such a prospect was rather disheartening, but there was no certain way to tell, for as studious and meticulous Nayuta was, she had not looked up the rulings surrounding a scenario like the current one...

... but then even if this would lead to nothing, she could only hope and remain positive that it would lead to something.

It is your duty to always try.

It is your duty to always be as positive as possible.

And thus Kurokami Nayuta entertained herself with the idea that it was possible to escape from 'The Warden', and still remain as valid candidates in the tournament.

"Thank you for your help,"says Nayuta, accepting her rescuer's extended hand, "but I don't think that the way out will be easy. We aren't going anywhere as long as we haven't made sure that this... Jail Warden isn't interfering anymore."

Nayuta turns her attention to the hooded figure.

"Do you have a plan?" she asks Jade and Ino as she raises her hand.

Somewhere.... deep inside, Kurokami Nayuta most likely knew the answer to her question. The silver-haired girl was about to do something very obvious after all. This wasn't any sign of peace or an invitation to a handshake for parleying... that was the power of a Miracle Wielder being brought forth, that was a spell being conjured and unleashed.

In an instant, the air surrounding the hooded figure grew heavy, unnaturally heavy. It was as if an invisible force was pulling everything downwards... but then wasn't that already how gravity worked? Indeed, Kurokami Nayuta had simply exponentially increased gravity's potency, to the point where its overwhelming force would simply floor a person and prevent them from moving.

But as Nayuta glanced back towards her new companions' direction, one could tell the uncertainty in her eyes:

"Because I don't."

Wise up : Spell!

Regular Spell : Weight of the EarthRank: C

Increases the effects of gravity on a target by a large margin, causing them to be extremely sluggish. Movement is impaired.
    By shooting up the effects of gravity on a designated zone, Nayuta is able to pin down multiple targets and heavily hamper their mobility. With the natural force constantly pulling down onto those affected by these spells, this technique is an extremely effective immobilizing tool to keep targets in place or even, to render melee combat in designated zones nearly impossible. No matter what condition most people train in, it is extremely unlikely that the average Miracle User will have undergone the necessary physical training to resist an exponential increase in gravity’s power.
    Last edited by Ayakashi; June 19th, 2019 at 04:34 AM.

Blog Entries
    Jade Sapphy
    Thursday - After-Class

It was always a lot of fun seeing how people reacted to the unexpected, to the chaotic. Ino had become Jade's friend after her response to such had been to drive herself to the absolute breaking point. Ino had thrown herself into the course Jade had laid out so hard that the thin princess had literally passed out. That had been a lot of fun. This new girl, she seemed a bit calmer, but it was still notable that she had acted on an opportunity and reached herself out aiming for a chance at freedom.

Even more fun then that though was her style of magic.

Gravity magic? That is super cool!

Jade's scientific knowledge leaned heavily to the biological, manipulating stone to simulate natural organisms. She could barely fathom what sort of magecraft might control scientific phenomena such as gravity. Even better, Jade noted a rather obvious synergy that existed between Nayuta's magic and Jade's own spellcraft. One that was dramatically improved by their current location.

That was the good news.

the bad news...?

"Oh...crud..." Jade mumbled, her pupils narrowing in surprise and out of character fear.

See before she was willing to take advantage of that synergy in its most obvious form, Jade had glanced quickly at the jailer in assessment. Jade may engage in indiscriminate property damage and certainly had no qualms throwing down if someone stepped up, but she was not quite prepared to straight up murder someone who hadn't actually done her any wrong. So when she had assessed the effectiveness of a gravity spell that was nearly equal to even Jade's greatest feats of sorcery, well..the red haired girl didn't like what she saw.

Because what Jade saw was an opponent who had let the attack hit her primarily because blocking or countering would have been to much trouble.

When Jade went all business, things tended to happen. Things lacking her usual artistic touches or sentiments mind, but things tended to happen. In this case, when Jade wrenched up the Petroglyph, these things took the form of the roof of the cavern collapsing directly over the war supervisor. There was a great outpouring of dust accompanied such and a tortured shriek of stone tearing from stone as Jade didn't even give herself time to dissolve rock first. Notably it was pretty clear the diminutive stone rider had been aiming the giant collapse of the underground cavern to coincide with area of the gravity field.

This related to the synergy Jade noted earlier. With increased force, several dozen tons of rock became several hundred tons of rock, with the gravitational force operating as an additional weight to compact the mass around it. The over all effect created something Jade would not have been able to do on her own, quite possibly reaching rank B magical energy and force.

And it wasn't enough. Jade could feel the other woman through the stone. She hadn't moved. That was just about everything Jade could have thrown and not only had it not stopped the war supervisor, Jade was becoming increasingly certain that the impromptu combination attack hadn't been able to move one of that woman's eyelashes.

That was right around the time through burgeoning panic, she realized Nayuta had been asking her about a plan.

"Uh...yeah....RUN!"

With that, Jade grabbed the taller girl's hand and led her in a grasshopper infused jump into the air. When they came down...it was on stone. As might have been expected regardless. To anyone knowing jade, the kind of stone was not that surprising either. Glossy eyes made of stone rotated to view the pair of passengers spread across a segmented carapace. Jade nearer to the front, just behind a triangular stone head, which ended in a pair of sturdy pincers.

Behind Jade, resting on a crude saddle on a the thin back, just in front of a thicker rear segment landed Nayuta. Jade changed the 8 foot long stone creature from a massive worker ant to an escape vehicle by slamming the Petroglyph into the front of her own saddle, eliciting a noticeable click as Jade's Miracle converted to steering device.

"Ino, grab the other one, we gotta go!" Jade called out to her friend. This was mostly superfluous since Jade was fairly certain Ino had already scooped up the 4th and was making an escape, but even Jade had trouble keeping track of everyone through the dust and the darkness, even if she had extra senses through the earth. Jade almost pitied Ino's cargo. Riding Alexial was fun, but Jade knew better then almost anyone how rough the ride could be if Ino was prioritizing speed.

As the pair began racing up the tunnel, Jade clenched her fist once more, causing the earth behind them to collapse. Frankly put she had absolutely no doubt the war supervisor had her own ways to get around beneath the ground, but Jade wasn't going to make it easy on her. Turning towards her passenger, the red haired girl found herself sporting a frenzied grin even she thought was somewhat out of place in the situation, but adrenaline did strange things to you.

"Hey, you got anything that will slow her down or collapse the tunnel faster, now is the time lady!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Jade Sapphy (& ​Kurokami Nayuta)

Thursday - After-Class

It has been only a few days since the announcement that would mark the start of the World Wide Magic Tournament, yet your makeshift team has already managed crown itself as the 'most insane' by far. Forget breaking the rules, it would be a surprise if this level of property damage, which may even put the lives of other escapees at risk to an extent, would not be considered an actual felony. As the icing on the cake, far from begging for your futures to be spared, you choose to make a run for it, leaving nothing but more destruction in your wake. It is uncertain what exactly motivates this mad crusade with an ending that has already been foretold. If anything good is to come out of this, it should be the realization that your courage is worthy of praise...

---Alas, sheer courage can only take you so far.---

As if to mock your words and shatter whatever confidence in your breaking-out plan is left, a surge of white light erupts from behind you. Even if the resulting flash is enough to leave you dazzled for a few moments, you don't need visual confirmation to tell what this means: Your pursuer has just caught up to you. This doesn't come as much of a shock, seeing the kind of feats your opponent has displayed thus far. And yet, in that feeble second you are granted before your consciousness immediately fades to black, the blurry image of outstretched wings that can only be described as 'divine', reminds you of a famous phrase that should be common knowledge amongst Miracle Wielders:

'Between Kiseki-Tsukai, there is no such thing as absolute, overwhelming strength. Certainly, there are formulas out there that might provide unfair advantages, just as there are users that can make the best out of a simple spell, turning it into a nightmare for their foes. However, ultimately, for a fighter to emerge completely unscratched from a real confrontation is rare, to the point where one of the top dogs taking a hit from a rising star should not be enough to impress anyone.'

For the Jailer to remain completely unfazed after all that you've thrown at her, all by having the surprise factor by your side the whole time, there is only one crude explanation:

---The opponent you are facing cannot be human.

And to capitalize on that revelation, a flick of her finger is all it takes to immediately knock you out. Granted, this happens so fast that, when you wake up, a few hours later, you won't know what hit you.

-------

Jade Sapphy (& ​Kurokami Nayuta)
    Starlight Academy - Location Unknown

Thursday - After-Class

When you come to, you are met with a scene that should defy logic. Naturally, it takes a few moment to collect your senses and recall the exact chain of events that have led all of you here, but when it's all said and done, the table so elegantly laid before you should not anything more than a product of your imagination. The smell of soup, rice and other light Japanese dishes instinctively make you feel at ease and the sight of it all promises that this won't be something you'll forget after a night's sleep. Yes, sitting around this remarkably short table in this traditional-styled room are three people, yourself included. The other two are: One of the prisoners you foolishly tried to free, Kurokami Nayuta; and a much older woman whose attire makes her identity almost immediately clear. Silently sharing this meal with you is the person who single-handedly managed to put an abrupt end to your plans. Nowhere to be seen are Nayuta's friend, nor your partner in crime, Ayanokouji Ino. The same can be said about your Miracles.

Even if you happen not to feel hungry, a part of you is drawn to grab a bite of whatever food laid in front of you. At the same time, another part of you feels oddly intimidated by the presence of someone who is about to pass judgment on you. Are you even allowed to eat right now? Is this some sort of test? In the mind of a rational human being, these should be predominant questions. Eventually, the woman puts all doubts to rest with a firm sentence.

"As of today, you can consider yourselves expelled from your respective Miracle Wielder Schools."

Such heavy declaration can easily make one's own reality plummet. With it one must say goodbye to their future, to their dreams, and to their weapon. After all, being expelled meant one cannot even test their luck somewhere else, no, once out, one is permanently excluded from the world of Miracle Wielders. An explanation of why this is the outcome you've reached does not need to be given. This is the consequence of your actions, which you decided to carry out even after noticing the mysterious absence of a Robotic;Notes underground.

The silence that follows seems to stretch for an eternity.

"... Is what I'd like to say but, admittedly, it is not my call to make. Still, I hope you realize the gravity of the situation and how much it is going to cost to repair it. Do not expect to get out of this one scott free, girls."
    Last edited by hero; June 24th, 2019 at 10:25 PM.