Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3678910 LastLast

Thread: Anima Kiseki // Gate: Future (IC thread)

Blog Entries
    Takumi Hokuto
    Starlight Academy- Road I
    Monday - Morning

Not bad, senpai. Not bad at all.

Not only did he manage to sneak in a counterattack, but he also set up and additional move to catch me between moves. It's almost as if my reaction speed and adaptability is being tested here. He's trying to find the breaks in my own maneuvers and trying to get a feel for my rhythm. I'm starting to see why he's so highly regarded around here.

But I can beat this. There's no need to get flustered here. This level of pressure is nothing compared to the harsh days Master put me through. I just have to keep calm and keep my feet planted. Let the enemy show their options in trying to approach you.

I quickly reposition my feet and poise my hands as if to claw at the wind. As the wind gather's around me, I swing my left foot across the ground as if to create a boundary. The wind that is released outwards from the entirety of my body is caught up in my motions and wraps itself around me. It's quick, sudden, and fierce, but it's this spiraling wall of wind that is my answer to Ishibashi's rays of light.

Sure I may not be the smartest person around. And my wind magic may not be the most impressive thing modern science can achieve. But I'm fairly certain that if I can bend the air just right, I can bend any light it comes into contact with as well.

"Sekken Sou'ou Ryuu: Kuuenbu-!"

Gust activation: C Rank.

Spoiler:
    Spells:

Gust
    Type: Common
    Hokuto’s trademark spell. Gust is a spell which allows for Hokuto to create and generate luminous gales of wind that shine with a pale teal light. It is a mainstay in the young man’s fighting style and is the source of his nickname, “Fuukami”.

Air Dust
    A run of the mill magical formula which belongs to the element of wind. It is a simple magic which saw use in the early days of competitive duels, but it has since fell out of favor. That being said, what this spell does is it isolates a small space and quickly alters the wind currents and atmospheric pressure within the designated zone. The result is a tiny vacuum of air which draws in objects around it until it disperses. The effect of this is no bigger than a basketball and the spell itself only has an uptime of approximately 0.5 seconds. Naturally, it is for these reasons that not many people use it anymore.

Ladybug
    A generic spell known by all Miracle users. It creates a small bug-like parrying shield.

Techniques:

Sekken Sou’ou Ryuu: Rasenken
    A concentration of wind that is gathered in the fist and launched forward as a projectile. This technique creates a drilling blast of wind that rushes forward and bombards the enemy. It sports incredible breakthrough power.
    A single activation of Gust to create a blast.

Sekken Sou’ou Ryuu: Reppuudan
    A powerful punch that is augmented by wind. By wrapping the fist in layers of wind, the user is capable of adding both weight and impact to their attack- making it that much more difficult to defend against.
    A single activation of Gust at point-blank range.

Sekken Sou’ou Ryuu: Tenryuuga
    After failing to land an attack, having an attack deflected, or having an attack blocked, the technique user skillfully generates a small vacuum between the opponent and themselves. If executed correctly, the momentary vacuum will offset the opponent’s footing while drawing them in for an immediate follow up attack. A conditional maneuver with a very small range. Best used as a counter.
    Activates Air Dust immediately after a failed attack in order to create a window for a counter.

Sekken Sou'ou Ryuu: Kuuenbu
    A maneuver that projects Gust from the full surface of the body and combines it with a high-speed spinning motion to generate a revolving wall of wind. As the wind moves outwards, it impacts any attack that comes into contact with it, lessening the initial force, while the spinning motion further decreases any remaining direction and force.
    Activates Gust while spinning.

Sekken Sou'ou Ryuu: Mushidan
    A projectile attack that uses high-speed winds to launch a shield like a bullet. It is similar in many ways to the Rasenken technique, but lacks the precision movements. Instead, the shield allows the attack to have a harder impact.
    Gust + Ladybug to create a solid-surface blast.

"I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Dranes's Avatar
    Ryouji Kurosawa
    Starlight Academy - Shopping District
    Monday - Morning

Ryouji Kurosawa could only nod to the older-than-she-looked girl as he drank his already flat soda, hiding the twinge of annoyance her words brought to him... along with the feast she had bought for herself. Much more than he bargained for that's for sure. To anyone else he would have had a biting remark to fire back with but for now he kept to himself. She wasn't talking down to him, simply frank with her words and she wasn't wrong as much as he hated to admit it. Such was the lot he had chosen, though a 'support' type? He could only scoff as she said it, the thought of him being someone who supported others was absurd. In both ability and mindset that was one thing he definitely didn't excel at...

But not knowing what he wanted? What his position should be? No, that was quite set but achieving it was another matter entirely.

"Calling? I know what it is, getting to the top."

A simple off-comment remark before picking up the pitiful meal Mari's all-devouring hunger had landed him with, the stark contrast evident to anyone around them. Still, after a long morning of battles and dealing with lost runts, not to mention a 'super merc' it's better than nothi-

"Wait, what?"

His thoughts are cut short as the crazed declaration of Ohka Mari rings out, along with the crashing of a chair against the wall. There had been a sudden shift in the world in that moment, once more he had entered that familiar battlefield even if the landscape was different. This was a first for him, a battle in a restaurant with a beggar who may or may not be really strong. He preferred more traditional areas when it came to fights such as the field earlier but it didn't matter, this would work just as well. What irked him more so was the fact he didn't even get a chance to take a bite out of his poor excuse for a burger!

"Oi, oi, I don't get a say in this, huh?!"

Of course not, that was a stupid question. Food later then. Still as annoying as it all was, Ryouji couldn't stop from grinning at the prospect of fighting this girl... if she's really as strong as she says than this could be good. If she wasn't talking crap about some new technique, even better. He wasn't about to pass up a chance to get stronger. Kicking his own chair in a mirrored fashion to his self-proclaimed teacher, the artifact wrapping his arm roared to life as magical energy began to course through it. She didn't come off as a liar so there was no reason to hold back, no potential loss of 'secret' techniques like earlier.

"Alright, I'm game. Hope you don't regret it later, 'Teach'."

With those words, the blackened ornate armor encased him in an instant, hiding the excitement clear on his face but not his voice.

"Lets get started!"

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ryuzaki Nanami
    Monday- Morning

Nanami’s eyes blinked, hearing Tenshin’s words with interest. The fact that this particular rogue school had insisted on participating, and the means their students were resorting to as a way to showcase their power and attract potential teammates revealed something that Nanami found more interesting than their abilities themselves.

That was, ambition.

As she had directly said to Yuki, she had no intention of aiming for something like ‘Eight best teams’ or anything like that. Nanami’s personality made it so that she’d always unerringly aim at the top regardless of the odds. And if she was to have a match against her idol, she guessed she had to go as far as the finals to get it.

So, when it came to companions for her team, she prized their ambition over anything else.

Plus, why lie, she was quite impulsive as well.

Although her eyes were looking at the fight going on before her, memorizing the techniques and spells employed by the combatants, inside her head she was lost in her thoughts for a moment. Then, she turned towards Tenshin.

“Wanna talk later, then? Business or otherwise.” She asked with an elegant shrug. Her words implied interest in recruiting Tenshin, but they were acknowledging it was too early to settle on a team, as well.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Ryouji Kurosawa
    Starlight Academy - Shopping District
    Monday - Morning

Ygrdrassil-Class Witch, an old title given to the strongest female human, back when Miracle Wielders were rare and Magi vastly exceeded them in number. Armed with technology that could only emulate Magic to a limited extent, virtually no protection against the conceptual Magic their superior counterparts were able to bring forth, and virtually zero chances of going past the limits of what their gear allowed them to do, the life of a Kiseki-Tsukai was, more often than not, a short one. Being a Miracle Wielder who managed to live through both the Fimbulwinter War and the Ragnarok War, it wouldn't be odd to learn that Ohka Mari qualifies to hold that title, even if in the present era few have heard about it and even fewer know what it represents.

"Hoh... Don't get your hopes up, kid-! I am way out of your league."

The witch responds to your Miracle unsealing by calling her own: A wooden staff that goes well with her overall image. A single glance is enough to tell that it isn't meant to be used in close range as a pole-arm, supporting the idea that your opponent is a pure ranged fighter. If that is the case, if you manage to close the distance between the two, then you'll obtain a massive advantage.

It only takes an instant for you to do so.

Some may say it's reckless, giving this is a foe you basically know nothing about. Some may call it underhanded, unleashing a flurry of attacks after the other has barely begun to prepare themselves for combat. But, in reality, this is the smartest strategy one can come up with on the go. You excel at close range, the sport hardly follows rules of etiquette, not to mention you probably can't afford to play nice if the mercenary is as tough as she claims.

"...!"

There is one thing to note, though. In the world of Magi, Ohka Mari is and has always been weak, extremely weak, to the point where her survival was mostly the result of efforts made by someone else rather than a product of her own skills. But... It's precisely because she has been repeatedly thrown against 'monsters' who defy the laws of common sense that she has adapted her style just enough to be able to defend herself from them.

Yes, in the world of Magi, Ohka Mari is and has always been weak.

But in the world of Miracle Wielders, Ohka Mari is a mighty wall that few can topple over.

A barrier is erected before your fist, meeting your barrage of punches with an equal, no, a superior force each time. You are repelled. You are pushed back. You are put into place.

However...

This is nothing special. What blocks your path is no more than a generic barrier spell with a fancy design. In other words, nothing you can't break through or circle around. Using 'Taurus' once should be more than enough...

"Glyph - Release."

Those words cause the air itself to detonate. And mind you, it's no small explosion.

You jump out of the resulting cloud of smoke. Had you retreated a moment later or forfeited the use of Scorpious, your body would have been blown to bits in the blink of an eye. Hell, the only reason you are still in one piece is because your Miracle is an 'Armor-Type'.

What on Earth...? That was definitely an A-rank spell just now...

"Now then... Let's make sure that wasn't just a fluke."

-------

Ryouji has entered free phase (offscreen)!
    2 AP are available. Each action will cost 1 AP.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Takumi Hokuto
    Monday - Morning

Once more your creative use of formulas shines true, and you are able to deflect the incoming attack just as it is about to hit you. Or, at the very least, you make it so the fake body projected by your Barrier Jacket is not instantly obliterated by Meiji's Hound. One of the projectile proves to be faster than the defense you erected, paving its way to your body and taking a portion of your right side with it. Still, you manage to keep up with the motion so as to not be hit by those that follow up. The injury inflicted might not be immediately lethal and thanks to the aid of Miracles and modern technology you should be able to keep fighting whereas a normal human would lie agonizing on the wooden floor, however, it is enough to cement Ishibashi's victory during the current round. Seeing as you don't feel like this situation merits taking your weapon past its normal limits, you decide to cut your loses and forfeit. Far from disappointed, Meiji approaches you once the match is over and offers you a handshake. Since all the wounds you suffered were left with the fake body, you can freely move your arm once more, so you accept the gesture.

"I underestimated you. You'll do great as a Rook. Keep walking that path."

He says, drawing a small smile. Perhaps the first you've seen since you've met him

And he is not the only one who has noticed your performance. Those in the crowd, alongside those bystanders who got interested in the match gather to either congratulate or show their interest in your formulas, your style and well, you. After all, Meiji is not a run-of-the-mill student, he's someone who trained hard in different roles and is known as a good 'mentor' by several figures of fame and power. Even if it was just a spar, keeping up with him through the use of basic formulas is enough to draw a bunch of attention towards yourself.

"That was great, Hokuto! That style of yours."

Kagari Kato, who was quite used to talking to other people in a first name basis shortly after meeting them, was already throwing punch and kicks in the air adding onomatopoeia to each strike. In hindsight, it didn't look like Sekken Sou'ou Ryuu at all, but the effort is still there.

"Join my team and we'll kick some butts!"

"Oi, Oi, Kato. Calm down a little. You'll weird people out if those are always the first words that come out of your mouth."

After all, not much earlier he had tried the same approach on Tenshin and failed miserably. Well, Kagari just can't help being honest, it's not like he's desperate to get a teammate. Still, one can understand why his approach might make others feel like increasing the distance between them.

Agreeing it'd be a good idea to get to know each other better, the entire group -Tenshin, Nanami, Kato, Ishibashi, Murakami and you- quickly leave the crowd behind to find yourselves some place to eat.

-------

Hokuto has entered free phase (offscreen)!

Nanami has entered free phase (offscreen)!
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)

Light and Darkness
    Fate rests upon their shoulders now...

Nakamura Amaya
    Nakamura Amaya

"Misao might be Tir Na Nog's Ace today, but tomorrow... I am not so sure. There are lot of good candidates for the title and Nakamura might just be one of them."

Off-screen Actions

>Train together with Kato Kagari. You feel you'll get stronger soon. Kagari has powered-up-!

>Hang out with Kato and Misao. The group gets along really well-! Your efforts bear fruit!

Fame

+1 Fitness
    +1 Favor
    +3 Battle Record
    Total Fame = 105

Kurokami Nayuta
    Kurokami Nayuta

"... Even after what happened a year ago, Kurokami's focus does not seem to waver. I wish I could ace exams as easily as she makes it seem."

Off-screen Actions

>Hang out with Ogata Hibari. You feel you'll become closer soon.

>Study together with Ogata Hibari. You are confident you'll do well in future exams!

Fame

+3 Academics
    +2 Favor
    Total Fame = 105

Takumi Hokuto
    Takumi Hokuto

"I saw this little guy fight against Ishibashi the other day and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him repel attack after attack with fancy martial art moves-!"

Oof-screen Actions

>

>

Fame

+2 Battle Record
    Total Fame = 102

Ryuzaki Nanami
    Ryuzaki Nanami

""

Off-screen Actions

>

>

Fame

Total Fame = 100

Kurosawa Ryouji
    Kurosawa Ryouji

"Mari spent the whole afternoon talking about her new protegé. Something about how she found him starving in the Milky Way and just couldn't abandon him like that. Now she's training him to become a champion!"

Off-screen Actions

>Hang out with Ohka Mari. You feel your relationship will become closer soon. Mari shares a recipe with you!

>Hang out with Veronica Belmont. You feel your relationship will become closer soon.

Fame

+2 Influence.

Total Fame = 102

Waynwood Arthur
    Waynwood Arthur

"Rumors say Katsurimi may be dating someone. A friend of mine saw her alone with a boy at the 'Sleeping Bishop'. She said she saw them trade numbers-!"

Off-screen Actions

>Training alone. You are in shape: You feel confident you'll do well in the next physical challenge you decide to tackle!

>Visiting 'Secret Formula'. A normal recipe has been purchased.

Fame

+3 Influence
    Total Fame = 103

Shuugetsu Heika
    Shuugetsu Heika

"That man was at 'Secret Formula' the other day. The owner couldn't make him draw a smile no matter what recipe he pulled from underneath the counter. It was quite a funny scene, although in hindsight, I wouldn't want to be on the owner's shoes."

Off-screen Actions

>Visiting 'Secret Formula'. The shop owner feels intimidated-! A special recipe been added to the purchase list.

>Training alone. You feel you'll get stronger soon.

Fame

Total Fame = 100

Sapphy Jade
    Sapphy Jade

"Did you hear? Two new students stormed the Blue Settlement and Anastasya had to come out to put an end to their mischief. Moreover, one of them takes Ayanokouji-san on dangerous trips around the island all the time. I fear she might be a bad influence for her..."

Off-screen Actions

>Training together with Ino. Your coordination and teamwork has improved. Your efforts bear fruit-!

>Training together with Ino. Your confident you'll do well in future racing events!

Fame

+5 Battle Record
    +2 Favor
    Total Fame = 7

Habiki Noah
    Habiki Noah

"Igarashi got demoted back to the Yellow Settlement after his gang had trouble dealing with some 'Reds'. Dunno about the penguin and the hyperactive girl, but the third looks interesting. The fact that he tries to avoid attention gives him an aura of mystery."

Off-screen Actions

>Training together with Tetsuo. After an arduous sesion, one of your formulas gains a power-up!

>Slacking off. Someone takes notice of it (?!)

Fame

+3 Battle Record
    +3 Favor
    Total Fame = 6

1st Miracle/Overture
    Prologue Phase: End.
    Last edited by hero; December 24th, 2018 at 02:05 PM.

Shuugetsu Heika
    Starlight Academy - Hallway
    Thursday - After Class

A solitary soul ventures through the otherwise empty hallway.

Name: Shuugetsu Heika. Occupation: Student from Ravensworth School of Magic, currently participating in the World Wide Magic Tournament. Also an Artist. Points worth: A hundred and ten. Even if his score has not increased in the past few days, it still remains as one of the highest to date, mostly due to his high starting total. Days until the start of the tournament: Less than one. Actually, only a couple of hours remain until official team compositions must be sent and confirmed by the tournament staff.

---Number of allies:

---Zero.---

That is the crippling weakness that surrounds 'Ravensworth Undefeated', that is, you. Someone who seeks beauty where there is apparently none, someone whose words can force even the most prideful knight to retreat. Objectively, there is no one to blame but your personality for this outcome. Those who didn't immediately shun you the moment you decided to walk towards them fled as soon as you exchanged a few words with them. At first, that didn't feel like too much of a problem, but now that you desperately need to find not one or two, but three members to have a chance to compete, the issue has become notoriously more alarming. While the prize money is no interest to you, nor is finding an sponsor, the tournament scene has all you need to create and showcase your art. Letting go of it would be letting a huge opportunity go to waste.

Fortunately, not all is lost.

In your hands rests what could be called an ace under one's sleeve or, to be more precise given your desperate situation, a last resort. It's a printed version of an e-mail you received shortly after your encounter with Agnethe, an invitation to join a team composed by the best of the best. In other words, a bait to be taken only by a fool... After all, you doubt that's how successful teams are forged. However, if it means you can get into a team, well... It might be the solution you need. You'll worry about your teammates at a later date. That said... There is still a single, yet very important problem with this approach. And that is...

---That the meeting was supposed to take place a day after your meeting with the Russian Student.

To put it bluntly, nearly two days ago.

So yeah, at this point, it is like asking for a miracle.

Somehow, you convince yourself that going to the meeting place during the same time frame today might yield some results, and so, your march comes to an end when you reach classroom 2-D, located on the second floor of Starlight Academy. Though from the outside the main building looks like what a school for rich kids would have looked like twenty years ago, inside its appears to be even bigger. Starlight Academy is not just the easiest Miracle Wielder school to get into, but also the one that hosts the greatest amount of students. Classes have signs that go from the letter 'A' to the letter 'F'. Thankfully, there aren't any strange twists, turns or passageways like those one would see in Ravensworth, so you reach your destination without getting lost in any step of the way.

Even from the outside, with the sliding door fully shut, you can tell: The room on the other side is filled to the brim with people. That's strange, though. Classes should already be over... Perhaps an after-school club uses this place for their activities? Certainly, the chances that your future team's hideout lies across this boundary becomes more slim with each second that goes by.

You slide the door open and set a foot inside the classroom, consequences be damned.

Literally everyone turns to look at you.

There must be around thirty students in there... And just a single empty seat.

But more importantly, standing behind the teacher's desk and in front of the blackboard where the word 'examination' has been written in kanji, is a girl wearing a strange uniform underneath her black jacket.

... Is that a lab coat?

"You're late."
    Last edited by hero; December 28th, 2018 at 05:50 PM.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shuugetsu Heika
    Starlight Academy - Hallway
    Monday - After Class

Commoners.

Rabble.

Inconsequential ants.

So many of them, all gathered in one place. Heika quietly mouthed the words 'the best of the best' under his breath, having come to a conclusion upon seeing the classroom with thirty-something students. It was a sham. A joke and a fake. There was no way any collection of 'the best' in this place would have included so many people. No, the mere idea was ridiculous. To get the finest products, you cull the chaff from the wheat. You separate the moldy linen and let it burn. This was the same thing. If you wanted to gather the 'best of the best' one needed to actually cast aside those who didn't fit that title. Which had clearly not been done here.

After all, thirty-something people?

That was way too much, making this gathering seem more like an after-school club for the hopelessly delusional.

------- And for that reason, Heika's expression when he gazed at the group of students was that of a man gazing at a dog turd.

Quote Originally Posted by Girl(?)
    "You're late."
    Heika rolled his eyes.

"And your fashion sense is a hideous mess."

The barbed tongue lashed immediately back after being addressed in such a curt and brusque manner, to the point of Heika simply not caring if this was a student or a teacher or whoever. If there was no respect being shown, he would see absolutely no reason to take the other party seriously. In other words, this was a fine start to... whatever was going on in this classroom.

"Now, if we're done exchanging objective truths," Heika continued, glancing back at the other students and sneering. "Tell me, o' Pallid One. Should I sue for either calculated misinformation or a proper fraud? No matter how you look at it, this has nothing to do with what was advertised."

Heika yawned into the palm of his hand to express his disappointment.

"At this point it seems nothing more than a scam."

Kurokami Nayuta
    Starlight Academy - Inner Schoolyard
    Thursday - After-Class

Ever since you two met a couple of days ago, Ogata Hibari has proved to be an individual that's quite hard to read. Though her habits and manners are simplistic, down to the point where one could argue anyone should be able to bribe her with a bowl of rice alone, when it comes to the subject of friendship, it becomes a little more complicated. While not directly hostile towards you, the 'invisible wall' she at one point erected that separates her from the rest is palpable. Some times she speaks like a normal girl would, others you can tell if she's comfortable with your presence or not. Whatever the case, you have worked relentlessly to forge a bond with her and it appears your efforts have not gone entirely to waste. Not only have you convinced her to start a study group together, but also to form a team for the World Wide Magic Tournament. Granted, it came at the cost of not being able to recruit Moirai-san, as that was Ogata's one and only condition, which makes you feel a slight sense of guilt considering you had been given the task to guide him around, but Sousuke is mature and understanding and really didn't get upset with your decision at all. Now you are only two members short of forming an eligible team...

---Which brings up your current predicament.

You've spent so much time befriending Hibari that now the deadline to form the team is right around the corner. Only a few hours remain, and the options available become slim by the second. With that thought in mind, the two of you agreed to go look for potential members after class and here you are, walking across the island, searching for someone reliable to add to your ranks.

"It should be around here."

That said, your luck appears to lie elsewhere, if it can be called luck at all. Despite her rebel-like exterior, Ogata has proven to be quite reliable. Thanks to one of her formulas, you've been able to actively track treasure chests and snatch some free points before other teams, complete or otherwise. When you asked about it, she said that the goal was not to find treasures but to find 'ingredients' or 'materials', which are key if one wants to advance as a student in Ravensworth. With a little touch, Hibari adapted the program to be able to tell you which areas contain chests and approximately how far you are from its location.

"Over there."

In a matter of minutes, you've raised your point total to 80 points from an starting 54, which is rather outstanding considering how little effort you put into it.

Kurokami Nayuta => 40 points worth.
    Ogata Hibari => 14 points worth.
    Treasure Chest Collected => 26 points worth.
    Team Score => 80 points.

While some may argue extra points are pointless if you are disqualified for not meeting the team requirements anyways, there is a merit in increasing your team score, especially in your current situation. After all, a stray Miracle Wielder might feel more inclined to join a group with a higher score than one with lesser one.

This time, you open the chest. As all the others, it's a rather small one. It's also light, because there is nothing inside of it more than data. On one corner of its design, a single letter 'C' has been carved. From what you managed to gather, this seems to reflect its rarity, which hints as to the nature of the reward held inside. 'C' stands for common, meaning it'll probably hold only a few points inside. On the other hand, being a common 'drop' it probably won't come with a challenge attached to it. For some chests you need to meet some requirements before you can claim the points for your team. These have been dubbed 'challenges'.

Still, rarity is not absolute, it's merely a hint, a guideline. There have been cases where the rarity did not reflect the content of the chest.

There is a small silence as the small chest is opened. And then...

Nothing.

You spy its contents only to find there isn't anything inside. Of course, things like this are bound to happen in a game where there are a lot of participants and chests are abundant. Not seeing a reaction, Hibari steps closer, perhaps thinking that she might be able to notice something you missed. The moment she does...

"...!"

---Something comes in contact with your face.

Caught by surprise, you lose your balance and fall on your butt. What was that-? Despite its speed, it didn't hurt at all. It was more like a gentle push. Besides you, your friend appears to have suffered a rather similar fate and now works to get back to her feet. Except there is something strange in her, something that definitely does not belong.

"Huh...?"

A pink-colored heart shaped figure has been printed on one side of her face. A mark of some sort...?

Though it makes her look rather cute in a comedic way, you aren't given the time to admire it for long.

The floor beneath you disappears.

It's bizarre. Like scene taken straight out from a cartoon, a black hole draws itself under your feet and you fall through it, helpless.

"What the hell is thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssss-?!"

Hibari's puzzled yell is the last thing you hear before your body is swallowed by darkness.

Jade Sapphy
    Starlight Academy - Main Building
    Thursday - After-Class

The past few days have been filled to the brim with fun and excitement, so much so that, by the time you give yourself a pause, it's already Thursday. Naturally, you are not satisfied just yet, but you need to start working on getting the rest of the team together or you'll miss the fun that the World Wide Magic Tournament promises. Luckily, you've been given a clue as to who to pursue next. An acquaintance of Ino, a student from Starlight Academy, Kurokami Nayuta. Her guardian, Nanako, specifically asked you to at least try to be friends with her. It appears Ino and Nayuta still have unfinished business, so there is that too. Ultimately, whether you take her into the team depends on you, but seeing as how she's supposed to be a friend of your friend, the odds of that happening are high.

"Look, Jade-san, over there! That's Kurokami-san and oh... ummm..."

Which leads us to this point. You've decided to try and start a conversation with Kurokami after class. Your original plan was probably to tackle her or at least suddenly appear within her field of vision in a way that would startle almost anyone, but before you had a chance to, your target had disappeared within the crowd. After a stroll around campus that lasted around twenty minutes, Ayanokouji and you finally spot Kurokami. She's at the school's inner schoolyard, accompanied by a pink haired student. Meanwhile, you are glancing at them through the glass of one of the first floor's windows. If you open it, you can make a discrete jump and a safe landing without the aid of your Folding Jacket, but for your partner, it's a completely different story. I mean, given her Miracle, Ino can probably avoid sustaining any damage, but that's about it. Her jump would be flashy as hell. There's no way people would miss a rocketing wheelchair going through the first floor's window, even if it's open...

---But who said that your entrance had to be discrete in the first place...?

Unfortunately, by the time you arrive to your destination, neither Nayuta nor her friend are anywhere to be found. You might have caught it or you might have missed it, but in a moment's notice, they were swallowed by the earth, or to be more precise, they fell into a pit that seems to have left zero traces of its former existence.

"This is..." Ino speaks her mind, worry visible on her face. "I think they might have triggered a trap."

Hishikawa Nanako said something about it during the opening speech. Treasures would be scattered throughout the island, but not all would contain loot. Some would contain traps, which would send players to 'jail', a especial place that cannot be escaped from, unless freed. If Kurokami and her friend had just been sent to that place... That could pretty much mean game over for them, especially considering the deadline for sign-ups is in a few hours...

There has to be a way to save them, but how? You don't even know where this 'jail' is, except that its facilities are probably hidden underground.

"Jade-san!" Suddenly inspired and resolute, your partner asks for your help. "Let's chase after them-!"
    Last edited by hero; December 31st, 2018 at 11:37 AM.

Fire.

The surrounding landscape has been set ablaze and the flames have made quick work of the majority of the town. If one were to pause for a moment and look around, one might be led to believe that the entire mountain has been thrown into hell. But nature is not behind this conflagration, instead, it has been given birth by the hands of men, at the very least, beings that look like men on the outside. The guilty party is a band of Magi, real Magic Wielders. Big groups of Magi have always been exceedingly rare, but now that their existence is known, it has become a necessity to guarantee the survival of an evil organization. After all, what else could they be, but evil? Laying waste on a completely innocent settlement that has nothing to do with their struggle all for the sake of chaos...

"H-Help...!"

A helpless soul calls from help, however, that call can be no more than an hallucination. There are no survivors on sight. Whoever is lucky to still be alive after being caught in a shower of conceptually charged projectiles must be buried under the rubble. It would take superhuman strength to talk, let alone yell, in that position. That's why the member of the relief aid cannot help but feel it can't be real. That said, the odds do nothing to stop stop her from running after it. This is not the first time it happens after all... And, not a single time has her gut been wrong when it comes to stuff like this.

"Found a little girl...! She's still breathing...!"

A nearby shout confirms a survivor has been found. It's relieving, but it's also empowering. It gives her the resolve she needed to lift another piece of rubble to find a second survivor of the initial massacre.

"God..."

But it might be too late.

But she's not speechless at the amount of red that covers the child's body.

No. She's trying to make sense of the reason why the Magi would attack a town with such a high density of kids of all places.

There might be none.

"..."

She pulls something out of her pocket and then...

-------

Ryouji Kurosawa
    Starlight Academy - The Sleeping Bishop
    (Outside)
    Thursday - After Class

"Hey, Kurosawa. This isn't the time to be daydreaming."

Standing in front of you is Veronica Belmont, a mysterious individual who has been on the run for quite a while before being brought to Starlight. Unlike you who chose Starlight because you weren't accepted in other institutions, she had come here on her own volition. She's competent in the field of battle and even more outside, so you randomly decided to ignore her to stare into the distance and recall brief images of a distant memory must have made her quite upset. In fact, you would dare say you were moments away from being slapped, if that meant she'd get back your attention.

In your defense, Ohka Mari has been putting you through a lot of training during these past few days. Mostly, it was you trying not to get blown up by massive A-ranked spells. All to learn some lame E-ranked Formula. Were those explosions really necessary...?

"As I was saying, this is as far as I go. Me and my 'sister' don't see eye to eye, so it's best if I don't go inside. But... If there is someone who can find you a partner in time, it's her."

Right. The deadline.

You've been so busy trying to not die that you spent little time looking for teammates. Now the time limit is only hours away and you're still standing on square one. It's rare for Belmont to go out of her way to help someone without asking anything in return, but it appears she has taken your partnership to heart. She has arranged a meeting with Kathleen Canavan, a former Pro Fighter and the owner of the bar. Being from Starlight, you've seen her before, however, you can say that you've exchanged any important words.

"And remember. If this works out, you owe me, kay?"
    Last edited by hero; January 4th, 2019 at 07:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    Jade Sapphy
    Starlight Academy - Main Building
    Thursday - After-Class

The last few days had been some of the most fun of Jade's life. She had never really had a friend quite like Ino-tan. Truth be told, she had never really had a real friend at all, least not one that wasn't either terrified of her or made of solid stone. There had been a few occasions where Jade had the opportunity to compete with someone, but invariably such had always involved combat. Struggle. The desire to live pitted against the desire to kill.

Jade truest allies were also her weapons. She trusted them but did not love them. And just the same, their love for her was artificial as their stone hearts. Ino-tan was special. Even Jade's legendary obliviousness could not miss the fact that this girl was unlike anyone Jade had ever met.

Ino did not spend time with Jade because she wanted to use her power, as some had.

Ino did not spend time with Jade because she feared what Jade would do if she did not, as others had.

Ino spent time with Jade because Jade's company brought her pleasure. Because it amused Ino to test alexiel vs stone in the contest she was most comfortable. Even when Jade had (quite shyly) asked about a certain spell, Ino had been the once to convince the other red haired girl that they had to try it.

If there was one thing that marred an otherwise really fun couple of days...and it had been really really fun...

it was the damnable point total!

Jade really, really hated to lose! She couldn't ignore that Ino-tan had finally stopped bothering to keep score in their many races. Challenging one and other, Jade had built many courses out of stone for Alexiel and Jade to race down. Jade knew Alexiel was fast, but until their matches had not quite fully grasped the power difference. Jade had discovered something about herself she hadn't previously known. It seemed she had something of block when it came to her creations.

The miracle of the petroglyph was nearly unprecedented in its ability to create life from the inanimate, however it was not without its limits. The most pressing of which was it could not itself shape the stone. The image of the stonework came from the mind of Jade. To create a being from stone, she and she alone had to visualize each organ, each vein, each and every connecting muscle and tissue. As a result if she had trouble creating an image properly, her stonework suffered. in Alexiel, Ino had created a device that sacrificed some control for raw speed, however Jade found herself unable to create a creature that could do the same. She innately shied away from the specter of a mount that she could not control.

Likely it was this same mental block that continually hindered her ongoing work on her greatest creation.

At any rate, because Jade could not create a beast with Alexiel's velocity, it was hard to win races. She had her own advantages. Races with large obstacles or twists would allow Jade to close the distance or even in some cases win, however Ino and alexiel's insane acceleration, overwhelming top speed, and ability to occasionally barrel through obstacles were almost always enough to win.

To put that another way, on the day Jade and Ino went searching for allies, she was nursing a bit of a bruised ego. Maybe that's why her thoughts had been a bit elsewhere.

"Jade, lets chase after them!"

...Jade had other ideas. Why chase them when you can bring them back?

Wrenching the petroglyph from her side, she aimed it out the ground where Nayuta and another student with flashy hair had recently vanished. For once, Jade was not summoning a beast. Instead, solid square of stone that must have been twenty feet high simply wrenched itself overhead and presented itself for an inspection. Impossibly, jade seemed less then thrilled with this however. Despite the large mass of rock, Jade had failed in her attempt to catch the wayward duo. It was not a total loss however. She could feel in a way she could not quite articulate that the pair had passed through the rock. in otherwords, she and Ino could get to them.

It was at this point Jade felt a huge grin lifting her lips over her teeth. She cast an obviously calculating look at the large mass of earth she was holding and then another towards the hole which led to her targets.

Jade began to spin her arm at the shoulder, slowly drawing the petroglyph clockwise as if stirring a great cauldron. In response, several tons of stone likewise began to spin. Immediately it began to flatten on one side and sharpen at other. the rotations continued and rapidly increased in speed. The largest parts of the spinning rock acquired a smooth rounded edge with flaring curves.

In moments, a massive spinning drill had formed, the business end pointing directly towards the direction the trap had gone. When jade brought her arm down, long frustrated gravity slammed the entire thing into the earth, quickly drilling a massive path.

It was at this point Jade proved again she preferred to leap before she looked. Quite literally in fact, waving at Ino to follow, Jade took a running swan dive and leaped into the hole. At first glance this might have seemed quite suicidal, considering the rapidly building fall and the impact onto a sharp spinning weapon. However her fall was arrested as parts of the rear of the drill flowed out almost tentacle like to meet her as she fell, securing her at her left arm and legs. Within moments, Jade was locked into a flying position directly behind the earth moving spell, directing it where her stone sense was telling her the quarry she sought had gone.

Since there was so much free flowing rock, it actually was very little effort to make some alterations to the path along her as she was going. The reason for such would swiftly become apparent, as alexial and her rider would find a descending stone pathway surprisingly secure, as rock twisted aside by Jade's conveyance shifted and coalesced upon the walls, developing into enough bracing and supports that the structure proved load bearing.

Well, that was one way to ensure she stayed ahead of Ino while they raced to their destination!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Nakamura Amaya​
    Starlight Academy - Ladder Room
    Thursday - After Class

Thanks to the Folding Jacket and A.I. Space system, students can compete against one another safely no matter the place, so long as they remain within the confines of the academy. This isn't just true for Starlight, but for the other Big Four as well. However, even though there is no need to do so, there has always been a special place where students gather exclusively to fight, that is, the Ladder Room. Located right beneath the school, it can be reached through different elevators located strategically through the main building. Equipped with over two hundred battle booths, the place is huge to say the least. Naturally, other schools have built their respective Ladder Rooms in different places, Russian Institute being the only school which has partially sealed its access to allow their top students only. In any case, one needs only to enter one of these booths to either find an opponent to fight, look at the current ladder scores or go through a good number of combat recordings. In other words, the perfect place to improve and learn of past mistakes.

"Ahh-! I was so close-! As expected of Amaya-Senpai... I still have a long way to go before I can match you."

The match between Kato Kagari and you has just ended. With seven round victories under your belt, there are no doubts about your victory. That said, earning it has been surprisingly tiring... You see, while your friend does not have the same amount of experience you do, he has spent a large amount of time fighting you during the past few days. As a result, he has become accustomed to your tactics and fighting style, which evens up the field somewhat. And now that you've taught him 'that', he has more options when the enemy isn't standing right besides him. It has just been three days, but it's been enough to notice he has grown stronger, if only a little. You can't help but feel happy about it, somewhat.

"Alright! I'll train even harder for our next match-!"

His energy supply must be endless, because he looks like he is ready for ten more rounds... Although you'd most likely take him on the challenge under different circumstances, both of you are aware this is no the reason why you've come to the Ladder Room. In fact, the match was just a way to pass the time until the rest of the crew arrived. You follow Kato and join the rest of his team at one of the tables located at the bottom floor. That's good... Being in the upper levels of the Ladder Room makes you rather uneasy, given the Nakamura Family tradition of falling from high places.

"Yo."

"Hi. It's nice to meet you."

"Mhm. Kagari has told us a lot about you."

The brief, uncomfortable feeling that comes with sitting in a table with a good number of faces that you don't know goes away in the blink of an eye. Everyone seems to at least respect you, and none of them is being directly hostile towards you. Hah... So this is Kato's team... Who'd think he'd find his way into one the moment you turned away... It makes you somewhat jealous, considering none of them look like pushovers. They take turns introducing themselves. First is Harukawa Rie, a student from Starlight, pretty quiet and well-mannered, but quite conscious of her personal space. A subtle surge of black lightning surrounds her whenever someone gets too close for her comfort. She's a martial artist and the Knight of the team. Second is Alexandra Aleksandrov, a Bishop from the Russian Institute. Though you haven't bumped into each other, the name does ring a bell... Isn't she a top student? From what you hear, she's supposed to be a summoner of sorts. And finally, the third is a boy named Kimura Yukio. He's the team second Knight, from Ravensworth. He's nowhere as scary as Rie, or so they claim, but he acts as the team's leader, as he's good at coming up with strategies on the go.

Wow... It honestly surprises you how open these people are with you...

"We are still missing a good team name, though..."

"In any case, we heard you are still without a team, so we wanted to offer you a helping hand."

Yukio explains that he happens to know someone at Ravenworth who's looking for capable members for her team. After all you've done to help Kato, the least they could do was to create a chance for you to find your place as well.

"She'll be here any second now."

-------

Ryuzaki Nanami
    Thursday - After Class

"Geez, we are gonna be late. C'mon-! We're gonna look like complete fools."

For the past minute, Amai Yuki has been having an one-sided argument with the elevator, trying to get it pick up the pace. It's only natural, you missed the past two elevator rides because they were filled to the brim with students who wanted to get to the Ladder Room and now were at least ten minutes late to an appointment Yuki organized to find a potential forth member to your team. All the doubts of forming a team with her and Inokuma slowly disappeared with the passing of time. Now that only a few hours were left before you reached the deadline to submit a full team list, the three of you know sticking together is your best bet if you don't want to be left out.

"It can't be helped... I mean, it would be dangerous if it were to go any faster."

Seemingly ignoring Tenshin's warning, Amai continues to struggle against the elevator, trying to shake it as if it were a giant vending machine. It needs not to be said that, with her small figure and lacking any sort of supernatural strength, her approach is not being very successful...

But when all hope seems lost, the door opens, granting you access to the Ladder Room's lowest level.

Your friend rushes out and you are given no choice but to follow after her.

"Over here...!"

Arthur Waynwood
    Thursday - After School

"Well, if you team has any trouble with a particular opponent, I might be of help."

Kathleen Canavan says so as she pours another glass of that non-alcoholic drink you like so much. Though it is too soon to say to call yourselves friends, coming to this place for the past few days has allowed you to become more acquainted with the usually quiet bartender, and the fact that she's willing to aid you in your quest for glory leaves a door open that might be of good use in the future. You, who have worked yourself to reach the place where you stand today, have no difficulty in seeing through the strength hidden within her eyes. You wouldn't have insisted in getting at least a little bit closer if that was not the case.

"..."

You've been at the Sleeping Bishop for a good twenty minutes, as you came right after classes were over. So naturally, when Katsurimi Kiyoko crosses the boundary that separates the bar from the outside, you're already there, sitting rather comfortable on your chair. Seeing this as her cue to return to her place behind the bar, Kathleen moves away so as to allow some privacy, not before asking if Ravensworth's ace plans to have a drink as well. This time, the offer is turned down. After all, time waits for no one and today is not the day to waste it. Not if one without a team wants to find a spot in the World Wide Magic Tournament.

"Well then." After a deep breath, the girl breaks the ice. "Let's get down to business."

You both place your Miracles in portable mode on the table and execute the exchange application. As agreed, Kiyoko returns your unique formula and, in doing so, recovers her infamous counter formula. You watch as whatever chance you had of gaining fame through the efforts of someone else slips right through your fingers. However, it matters not, for upon weighting both options on the scale, you determined that keeping your word was more important.

"Do not misunderstand. This doesn't mean I trust you, Mr. Waynwood... I'll just be borrowing your strength for a little while."

She politely extends her hand to offer a handshake. You know it's a formality more than anything else, common etiquette taught to those like her, but you play along. It lasts only a moment, but even if those silk gloves are in the way, you are able to feel Katsurimi's silk like skin.

"Now then, I believe we should be on our way. We need to gather the rest of the team before the deadline."

There is a brief pause as the blonde girl turns her back to you right after standing from her seat.

"Would an operator be fine with you, Mr. Waynwood? Or would you prefer a fourth fighter...?"

Two different play-styles.

A team with an operator will have all the support required to complete a task appropriately. On the other hand, four man cell will go in blind but have one more person on the field to compensate. At a time like this, the question itself holds little value. You are only a few hours away from the deadline and your team only has half the members required to be a legal one, so you don't have the luxury to choose what roles the vacant slots will have. You'll take what you can gather and that will be it.

Most likely then, Katsurimi just wants to know your opinion...

Although that's kind of unexpected. You thought she'd have the rest of the team assembled already.

Brings up the question: What would have she done if you happened to turn her down...?

Arthur Waynwood
    Thursday - After School

I nodded appreciably at the bartender as I sipped at my virgin, while it seems that she wouldn't be too open to working with my current partner, she's open to giving advice, and far be it from me to turn down any offer in front of me.

While I am confident, I'm not foolhardy, nor prideful. One must make careful balance to have tempered confidence in one's self and ability, the golden path is the way to victory.

I tugged idly at my sleeves, slightly bemused at the difference in climates I've had to adjust to for the tournament, while not sweltering, it was a difference that one had to acknowledge and overcome to be at maximum effectiveness.

Still, the ability to enjoy things of a cooler nature and not be at slight risk is an appreciated shift.

Speaking of, Miss Kiyoko has arrived.

I place my drink to the side and face her, dipping my head ever so slightly in acknowledgement, brisk politeness is today's pleasure, we've no time to waste.

The deadline approaches.

"Well then, let's get down to business."

I place Nemesis on the table plainly, mirrored by Kiyoko's own, and the exchange proceeds as planned, and it is not without a slight quaver in my heart as I watch the infamous counter formula return to its owner, as my own returns to me.

I speak of the golden path, but I cling to personal honor, but I let the thought pass without issue, I have made my decision, I will not spit on it now.

"Do not misunderstand. This doesn't mean I trust you, Mr. Waynwood... I'll just be borrowing your strength for a little while."

I smiled thinly as I accepted her handshake, keeping it firm but business-like. Partners, not comrades. An acceptable measure.

Sensing a shift in the conversation, I rise to my feet.

"Now then, I believe we should be on our way. We need to gather the rest of the team before the deadline."

"Hmm."

My thoughts precisely, so, detailing the composition so far, we have Miss Kiyoko, capable in almost any position, myself, a fairly well-rounded individual, if lacking in Miss Kiyoko's personal capability, and two further positions.

Hm.

I close my eyes in thought for a moment, if I was selecting a team for maximum effectiveness, knowing what I know about myself and Miss Kiyoko, how would I proceed forward from here?

Firstly, the question of an operator, battlefield intelligence and coordination.

My first instinct is to acquire one, intelligence is the heart of any tactic, it is with it that one will know where to best apply oneself.

After all, one wouldn't navigate the ocean without a method of direction.

Hmph.

"Would an operator be fine with you, Mr. Waynwood? Or would you prefer a fourth fighter...?"

"I don't envy the idea of going into a battle blind but loaded for bear, no. An operator is key, I should say, likely a common thought."

The deadline is approaching, and people who favor my line of thinking are likely to have already acted, should an operator present themselves, it would be very fortunate.

Still, my opinion was asked, and I would give it.

"Do you have something in mind, Miss Kiyoko? As you said before, you certainly are not hurting for selection."

Noah Habiki
    Location Unknown
    ​Thursday - After Class

"Ugh..."

As you slowly begin to come back to your senses, a throbbing pain on the back of your head raises a flag of confusion in your mind. Just what on Earth happened...? You try to piece together the scattered shards of your memory in a futile attempt to recall what took place in the morning. You were supposed to head to a joint-class held in Starlight and you made sure to take Tetsuo with you so you could keep him in check and prevent getting yourself involved in any problematic situation but...

"-?!"

You try to reach for your forehead and quickly find out your hand refuses to move from it's current spot, or rather, something else is preventing it from moving. You repeat the process with your other hand and get the same result. In panic, you shake your head and blink to clear your vision. And when you do a sight that could only belong in a nightmare makes itself manifest in reality...

---You've been kidnapped-!

It's the only logical explanation you can come up with and most likely the most accurate one as well. After all, your body seems to be restrained by metallic bindings, forcing you to remain seated in a cryptic chair. Naturally, your first reaction is to yell, perhaps to ask for help or simply to curse the fate that's brought you here. Unfortunately, your voice fails to reach anyone... It's not because you've been left alone, trapped in some kind of underground chamber, no, it's the opposite, actually. The amount of noise in the room has reached absurd levels, enough to silence any of your pleas. No, this isn't even a room...

Once you fully recover use of your senses, you are greeted with another incredible sight, one that might exceed the one you've witnessed only moments ago.

-------

Noah Habiki
    Russian Institute -
    Kristoff's Personal Arena
    ​Thursday - After Class

The sound of gunfire echoes through the arena. Mixed with it is Anastasya Kristoff's laughter.

Tetsuo stands with his arms extended, his hands and fingers pointed in the teacher's direction. A second glance reveals that his fingertips act as the barrel of a firearm and are responsible for the recent shooting. But it was not the kind of precise attack you'd expect from the man of steel, no, a good number of those projectiles missed their mark on their own... It was a desperation move.

---A silhouette dances through the resulting screen of dust.

------For a moment, you catch a glimpse of the eyes of a demon.

"...?!"

Tetsuo takes a step backwards. The instant he does, the ground in front of him gives in against the weight of Anastasya's falling axe kick. The attack has missed his head by a hair's breath. But he has no time to process it, as the RI's second in command launches a follow-up that defies the laws of common sense. For one, it doesn't look like the blue haired woman needs any time to recover after executing a physical attack. It's like each blow connects to the next in a perfect fluid motion that the eyes of a normal person cannot possibly comprehend. After all, her movements are as graceful as they are destructive. With each exchange the arena suffers the consequences, and even the the air feels sharp.

Kristoff holds no mercy.

The moment she sees a chance, she dives her hand into Tetsuo's neck and savagely pulls out as many cords as she can. It reminds you of how you once believed that doing so would be enough to shut down the machine because, even though he feels it, it does little to slow him down.

See, if there is one thing has not been programmed into Tetsuo... It's mercy. Guess that is one thing the two have in common.

Because what comes next is not a barrage of bullets, but a surge of brilliant flame.

It's at this point that you finally notice.

Whenever a Folding Jacket is active, the school insignia shines brightly somewhere in the user's attire. There is no such thing on Anastasya, nor you. That means that this area must have built with the exclusive purpose of sealing their automatic activation. That also means that what's taking place before your eyes can only be called a death-match.

Someone...

Someone might die-!

Even after defending herself with an improvised ice shield, the woman does not escape without injuries. That, however, does not mean she'll falter. She unseals her miracle, a white rapier, and thrusts forward. Make no mistake: It will pierce you through the robot's metal coating as if it were butter. However, she seemingly misjudges his agility, and before she knows it, he's standing on top of her blade, pressing it with all his weight against the ground.

Chance.

It's been forced into this situation and now is going to surpass limits it previously didn't know it could. It's acting on self-defense.

"..."

But it is also about to cross the line.

It retracts its arm.

It will murder if it has to.

Even if that means killing a person in the most gruesome way using just a single hand.
    Last edited by hero; January 12th, 2019 at 12:26 AM.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nakamura Amaya​
    Thursday - After Class

The Nakamura Curse can be surprisingly patient at times.

Falling from her academy to somewhere else in the world had happened so many times that it doesn't bother her anymore, it had become a simple fact of school life, a thing that Mihou just did when she felt like her students were getting a bit complacent. She was so at ease in those moments that she even took advantage of it to have fun free-falling for a bit...

But that same sense of ease always became unease when indoors.

Because the family curse is something that comes only at unexpected time; falling off the school was a given, but the ladder room? That was the perfect place for it to strike, not only would it catch her off guard, but she would be destined to hit quite a few things on the way to the ground, only to then be caught by someone waiting at the bottom of their personal fall of shame. It's an awfully specific curse to have, and it may seem crazy to others, but...

She'd seen it in action.

The whole family knew about it.

And it had already proven itself to exist within the adopted children too, hell, even her Dad's Best Friend was a victim at times. There was no real escape from it, the moment you accepted the family name was the same moment that gravity could be added to one's list of "most determined rivals."

But...

"Told you a lot about me, huh? I hope it's good things, but I'm a pretty rough senpai I guess, not holding back is one of my charm points~"

That's neither here nor there, with that death trap aside, she had found herself sitting amidst a group that was not her own... Of course this was her own fault, simply letting the whims of destiny move her around as they liked might have been a bit of a mistake in retrospect, if she had been a bit more proactive this might not have been an issue at all, but-!

Getting side-tracked had been fine too. She hadn't really meant to become anything like a proper senpai for Kato, but there was something really familiar about the endless energy and determination that he had faced their sparring with that made it difficult for her to resist training him 'just a little bit more,' and...

It had proven to work out.

Whether a hidden weakness for stubborn people existed within her or not, the appearance of a new training partner was always welcome; if they fought enough he'd start taking advantage of her bad habits, and she'd be able to eventually fix them as a result.

Pragmatically, that's certainly how she justifies it to herself; in reality, it seems she might just feel a certain affinity with being called senpai by other people...

"Still, it's nice of you guys to help me out like this; give it a few more hours and I'd have been forced to accept some last minute offers. The really desperate feeling ones that basically jumped me a few days ago. They're not the sort that really scream powerful or self-confident, you know?"

She was good at reading people, and those that jumped at her just because they had seen what looked like a 4-6 against an Ace hadn't really inspired too much confidence in their abilities in her.

There was a lot of subtlety in that duel, being able to recognize that as an outsider would put them a step above the average in her eyes, even so...

Now that it's come to this, she has to continue to entrust herself to fate's hands-!

An elevator opens.

People rush out of it, and-

"Yo."

She calmly waves at them, not nervous or disappointed, but not exactly awestruck either, a neutral face with just the slightest hint of a smile.

---Because she had yet to get a real read on them, personality wise. She could get some hints from their clothes and postures alone, but it was a bit rude to just auto-judge everyone the second you see them without waiting for more information, so-

"You the ones I'm waiting for? Name's Amaya. Nakamura Amaya. If you want a nickname I guess something like "Mya" works, I'm not a stickler for formalities."

Standing up, she extends a single hand out to them.

"I'm a Knight. Tir Na Nog Academy. Miracle is called Everheart."

And is as polite as she knows how...

Even though those sorts of things aren't really her usual element.
    Last edited by Airen; January 15th, 2019 at 09:05 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Noah Habiki
    Location Unknown
    ​Thursday - After Class

Cold and calculating. Eyes blue as the ocean yet fierce as the sun. Her maddening Glee after taking near death attacks from the machine in front of me sent my spine Shivering.

Are these people truly human?

To think all students might be capable of reaching this level of monstrosity frightens me. I'm scared. I'm honestly scared and want to go home. My feet were feeling like jelly, unable to move the way I want them too.

Speaking of movement my hands reminds me of my current predicament. Strapped to a chair and bound for reasons unknown, I had awoken to see this spectacle.

Think. Think. What had happened before!

I don't know. I was on my way to get Tetsuo when everything turned black. Information gathering was the agenda to find this mysterious woman he claims to have a hand in his creation.

Analyze the situation. Think rational about the events and come to a clear conclusion.

Tetsuo require my assistance on a half-baked promise. He wouldn't have done this for it would compromise him even further and caused complications towards his primary objective.

Frost bitch was a new player. Only recently meet without any further showing of hostility towards me.

No. The fact that the battle was taking place in the beginning retcon that thought. Tetsuo needs me so being put in this position forced him to act. Following that thought process would means that Frost bitch likely is either standing guard to prevent that or perhaps had put me in this position herself.

Good grief. Why do all the weird shit have to happen to me of all days.

I mentally call upon my miracle.

Pandora.

If there's one blessing it'd be the fact that Pandora as a miracle doesn't require me to actually hold the weapon at hand. Seven sentry's following my will only gave me more of in advantage than most.

The noise of the fighting have grown louder and my eyes forcefully move themselves to watch the carnage. One crucial detail that seemed to have pass was the most fatal one.

Where's her vest?

The only thing ensuring death couldn't claim her if a mistake was made was not on her. Another important piece was the most severe…

Where's the hell is mine?

All this thinking and I lacked my own safety measures from dying.

I sucked in my breath and will the sentry's turrets into formation.

My heart's almost gives out from what I'm saw then and there.

The machine has got within striking range.

Two turrets aim the chair aim.

Her weapon of choice, a rapier, has been temporarily disable.

His metallic hand reaches back and ready to pierce unguarded flesh.

Neither knew mercy. One a machine and the other a monster.

The rest of the turrets aim outwards to the two and began spinning rapidly. My only offensive spell is going off…

Don't die. Don't die. Don't die. Don't die. Don't die. Don't die. Don't die. Don't die. Don't die. Don't die. Don't die. Please… I don't want to see anymore die!

“You idiots! Move!”

I release the bolts of electricity at them and my shackles simultaneously. The armchair explodes and as for the rest…

Clairvoyance!

This would be the first time on more than one person.
    Last edited by Typhous; January 17th, 2019 at 12:59 PM.
    "Nothing is the greatest gift Mankind has ever been giving."

"Wait. How so?"

"Because it's the only thing Mankind can ever give a shit about"

Takumi Hokuto
    Starlight Academy- Sleeping Bishop (Outside)
    Thursday - After Class

Well, aren't you in a little bit of a pinch? The deadline for submitting team rosters is in a few hours and you've got no one by your side. Between training and trying to somehow find a way to meet the headmaster in person, the days you were given quickly slipped between your fingers. Before you knew it, everyone who've you've met lately was already out of reach, having joined other teams. In contrast, Rie has already found her place in one in record time, but that's only natural, as she can prove very capable when she has a set goal in mind. Thus, you cannot afford to miss the opportunity to be part of the tournament, as well. It's the perfect chance to test how much you've grown and how much you've yet to learn. Now that your senior is sitting on the other side of the table, it's going to be a lot more exciting.

But yeah, without a team, you'll be disqualified, so you need to find yourself one as soon as possible. It doesn't do you any favors that, despite your above average fighting record, you barely stand out from the crowd. After your duel with Meiji the other day, the world has started to take notice of you, if only a bit. Outside of your circle, it's probably too soon to expect someone to recognize you. On the other hand, it's not like finding three more people is as tough of an ordeal as it sounds. There are plenty of individuals in the same situation, it's just that well, most of them do not inspire confidence when you see them. It's still an option but it's one best left as a last resort. The idea for now is to meet some new people, and what better place than the Sleeping Bishop? It's a good spot to find students at this time of the day, and it's said that the bartender gives good advice to those who behave.

"..."

It looks there is no one by the entrance, and yet you cannot help but feel like you are standing there alone. Instead of going in, you decide to find the source of this mysterious presence. Funnily enough, it doesn't take you more than a moment. After all, there are only a few bushes to hide behind and not many others hiding spots. Still, if it wasn't for your gut feeling, you'd have missed it entirely.

"Argh! You'll going to ruin my scoop-!"

Seeing as you are within arm's reach, the suspect grabs a hold of you and quickly drags you into the bushes with a surprising amount of force. There, you find a girl you don't recognize, holding a camera, trying to properly aim it at the entrance door of the Sleeping Bishop. Despite how close to one another you've ended, she doesn't seem to mind. She gives you a quick glance, but constantly returns her attention to her target. It's clear that there is something in play here, and that she cannot afford to miss it. It's strange, though. This must be one of the few times, if not the first, you see a camera like that. You were born in an age where phones already doubled as cameras and as time progressed, the evolution of technology and the addition of Miracles made quick work of gadgets like those, throwing them into disuse.

"Anyways, be a good boy and keep quiet for a moment, please. This is a chance your Onee-san here cannot miss. They should be walking out through that door any time now..."
    Last edited by hero; January 17th, 2019 at 07:31 AM.

Shuugetsu Heika
    Starlight Academy - Classroom 2-D
    Thursday - After Class

It comes out of nowhere, an incredible weight placed upon your shoulders, unlike anything you've felt before. As if the gravity in your immediate area had suddenly doubled, you feel a strong force that tries to pull you down, compelling you to kneel before the rest. It's nothing that you cannot resist with mere force of will but also something you cannot pretend not to acknowledge. As you've just challenged the authority of the woman in charge, you glare back at her, believing her to be the one responsible for your current predicament, but soon find that such assumption is incorrect.

Shuugetsu Heika looked down on the rest of the students. In turn, a good number of them directed their hostility straight at him, emotions strong enough to feel like a tangible object. Now, an enormous invisible hand tries to swat down the boy, as if he were one of those insects he usually speaks of.

"I see you are impatient. Please sit down so we can proceed."

Whether you follow her orders or choose to defiantly stand in spite of everything, the female dressed in a strange eastern attire continued.

"My name Kawamura Akane. According to the data I've gathered... Here in this room are those with the highest Battle Record or highest Ladder Rank, be it in single combat or team combat, that still haven't found a team."

Your views filled with prejudice initially led you to believe this room was occupied by a bunch of nobodies. And, perhaps, that's still how you see it... But the truth is that Classroom 2-D is currently full of 'monsters'. Some may be a little more threatening that others, some might not even hold a candle when compared to 'Ravensworth's Undefeated', but there is none who would be too afraid to take you on should the need arise.

"There's thirty-two of you now, but being the final day, I'll be keeping only the best. The rest of you can take advantage of this reunion and team up however you like afterwards. In any case, I believe you are all capable when it comes to looking after yourselves on the battlefield, so I'll focus on seeing if you possess the right mindset."

It's probably more trouble than what is worth, but retreating now would hurt your image, especially after looking down on your peers. Granted, there is hardly anyone on Earth who enjoys being with you, but your pride is something you cannot allow to be trampled over so easily.

"The goal of this exercise is to get to nine points. The first three to reach nine points win. Conversely, anyone whose point total reaches zero is automatically out. You'd be playing in pairs, but not exactly as a team. Each will be given the choice to either 'trust' or 'betray' their partner. If both players choose to trust one another, both will be awarded two points. If both players try to betray one another, then neither will be awarded any points. But if one chooses to trust while the other goes for the other option, well... The former will have two points subtracted for them and the latter will have their point total rise by three. The process repeats itself with different partners until someone reaches the goal."

As Akane calmly explains the rules of the game, she gestures for the students to get in pairs. This is obviously a problem for quite a few reasons that can be summed up into one: No one likes your guts. To throw you out of the game, such opponent would definitely choose 'betray'. By picking the same option, you'd be able to shield your point total from dropping, however, at the same time there would be no hope of them ever going up.

To keep it short, if you want to emerge victorious, you need to find someone naive and gullible, someone who'd pick 'trust' no matter what. And then, as if to answer your call, someone splits from the crowd and accidentally bumps into you, someone several times shorter than you.

"Ah... Team-up...?"

Someone with a bandage covering her eyes...
    Last edited by hero; January 19th, 2019 at 03:23 PM.