Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Anima Kiseki // Gate: Future (IC thread)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ishikawa Aoi
    Starlight Academy - The Sleeping Bishop
    Monday - Morning

Well, this must be some kind of record.

Aoi really hadn’t expected much from the bizarre kid. Well, she had expected him to at least try to talk his way out of it, instead of madly trying to escape out of the park. What she definitely hadn’t expected was to have him mutter Tsukabe’s name. Initially, Aoi was half-tempted to simply consider it a ruse in order to distract her, but… well, the kid didn’t seem clever enough for something like that. And what would you know? A short call later and the two of them were seated in one of the small corner booths of the Sleeping Bishop, a local student bar not far from the main campus.

"Forgive Aichi. He's not with the Force. Damn, I don't even know why my division is the one supposed to be babysitting him."
    "Aah, don’t worry about it.” Aoi waved casually as if banishing the problem altogether. “It would be too much of a hassle to do anything anyway. And I have better things to do with my time. Case in point…

The golden liquor swirled lightly, as Aoi briefly tapped the side of the glass with her fingers.

A look of simple enjoyment momentarily flickered on Aoi’s face, as the white-coated woman took a sip of her whiskey. It was clear that alcohol had markedly improved the mood of the normally bored-looking Starlight educator.

“... though, why is the brat even involved in this if he’s not even a part of B.A.L.D.R?”

A playful smirk flickered on Aoi’s lips.

“An illegitimate child of yours?”

"Had you told me earlier this job would be such a pain in the ass, I might have stayed as head of Tsukuyomi-jima's Police Department."
    “Now now, someone had to keep the place standing after I left, no? Better you then some incompetent political appointee from HQ. Besides, they said that I had to get someone to do it or they would keep me on administrative duty for the rest of my life.”

Aoi’s smirk blossomed into a full-blown grin.

“All’s well that ends well, right?”

Her white lab coat shuffled slightly as she took another sip of her whiskey.

“Though I must admit that this teaching gig is almost as bad as doing paperwork for BALDR. Well, most of it is pretty low-effort, so I have that at least going for me. The only thing I need to worry about is Nanako’s pranks. Or, at least, that should be the case...”

The violet-haired teacher let out a momentary sigh, followed by another, larger, sip of her whiskey.

“Just tell me what you can. I’ll figure out the rest myself.” A brief shrug followed as Aoi’s eyes rose from her glass to meet Tsukabe’s. “Its easier for you as well if I don’t go around randomly poking my nose into everything, right?”
    Last edited by Mellon; June 21st, 2018 at 05:40 AM.

Arthur Waynwood
    Monday - Morning

"... Not bad. I see you know how to get around in places like this."

Though you are unable to steal a smile from the bartender, your method to break the ice still proves effective. The woman remains absolutely professional in her demeanor, focusing almost entirely on preparing the requested beverage, but acknowledges your presence by giving credit where credit is due. Going by experience, the fact that your first comment didn't create a bad impression is enough of a reason to carry on with the conversation.

"Unfortunately, there is no chest to claim on this side. I've already arranged for the Sleeping Bishop to act as a neutral location during the tournament. The last thing I need is a bunch of teenagers rummaging through my place in search for loot. But... If what you are looking for doesn't come in chests, well, there might be someone sitting over there that could draw your interest."

As she hands you the drink, a subtle movement of her eyes gives you a hint as to where you should be looking at. Sitting on a far corner, there is blonde girl in a black dress. Even when you turn to face in her direction, she doesn't seem to notice. Her focus appears to be elsewhere, although you can't tell exactly where. Perhaps she's just lost in thought. Her glass appears to be half empty, but even from your current position you can tell that what she's drinking is no fruit juice.

"That girl is Ravensworth's top fighter. She's a cold one, that's for sure, but I am sure she'd do well in any team composition, if you don't mind having the spotlight being taken away from you. You could try your luck, but since your uniform already gives away that you are a member of the 'Red Faction', I wouldn't count on your odds being too high. But, hey, it's not often you get to share a private chat with girls like her."

With a movement of her finger, the bartender moves your attention towards the other side of the room. Over there, your eyes settle on a purple haired woman wearing tight black clothes. You can tell with a glance that, despite her beautiful looks, she's someone who has left the age of eighteen far behind. There are quite a few Miracle Wielders that age, -some of them are students, even- but she strikes you as a different kind of person.

"Nobody knows who that woman is, although rumors say that she has come to witness the event in search for special talents. If what you are looking for is outside support, maybe you could talk to her. Having someone to sponsor your team can be really helpful, especially if they are willing to spend a lot of money on the cause. Naturally, you'll need a good pitch if you ever want to stand a chance, especially since, from the looks of it, you don't have a full team assembled yet."

The rest of the customers there do not have anything special in them, the only common trait among them is that they're all girls. If these two options intimidate you, maybe you could simply talk to someone more normal. That said, there is something about the bartender that bothers you slightly. Though by no means she wants you to leave her alone, she has been discretely shifting the flow of the conversation towards other individuals -that includes you-, and away from herself.

Giving it some thought, you scan the area behind the counter one more time, and quickly find something that stands out among the drinks and appetizers:

It's a trophy.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Jade Sapphy
    Starlight Academy - Park
    Monday - Morning

After Ayanokouji Ino became the victim in an accident involving a defective Folding Jacket about a year ago, those around her began to see her in a different way. With the news that she wouldn't be able to walk again having spread all across Tir Na Nog, not even the bullies dared to mutter a joke or two under their breaths. By the time she came back to the scene to once more take part in battles amongst Miracle Wielders, the perception the world had of her had changed to the point where there was hardly any student who wouldn't go out of their way to treat her nicely. Even the headmaster, widely known for being harsh and objective in terms of physical training, once took the time to design a special training program more suitable for someone had lost their ability to move the lower part of their body, worried that Ino might collapse if she tried to keep up with the rest of the students at their current pace. Hell, just a few moments earlier, she had to flee from a crowd of students -from other schools at that- begging to be part of her team, just to 'make sure that someone like her isn't left alone'.

"..."

Had this been a less chaotic day where Jade's words wouldn't have stood a chance of going unheard by the crowd, her fame would have skyrocketed in an instant, although most assuredly in the wrong direction. Fortunately, the only ones paying attention to the conversation are those involved in it. Ayanokouji stare denotes minor confusion, her head tilted slightly to the side. She's taking a moment to determine whether your words -regarding your well-being- can be trusted or not. After all, people tend to say crazy things after being rammed like that.

"Hehe... Thanks. This is actually Alexiel, my Miracle." The girl's chuckle is followed by a gentle smile. "I made it myself."

The kind of answer that would have left anyone speechless.

But then again, this is Ayanokouji Ino.

The kind of girl that, apparently, never gets angry at anything and forgives everything. A real angel on Earth.

"I am glad you are okay, Jade-san. My name is Ayanokouji Ino, but you can call me Ino if you want. You feel so full of energy-! It's nice to meet someone like you."

The different between the two of you is like night and day. She's is calm, polite and dressed in expensive Japanese clothes a student should not be able to afford. Meanwhile, you are excited all the time, you care little for formal -and legal- norms and your dirty low budget attire speaks for itself.

There's clearly some contrast, but at least the girl in a wheelchair does not seem to mind.

"Are you perhaps searching for reliable teammates, as well?"
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shuugetsu Heika
    Starlight Academy - Town C
    (ome on, what the hell?)
    Monday - Morning

For a moment, Heika stared at the handcuff that had snatched itself around his wrist. From there, his bored gaze went to take in the newly-formed environment around him. His eyes analyzed every bit of it, from the formation of the town to the architectural style of the houses. This was then cross-referenced with the map presented to see if anything was out-of-place. After all, while the map might have not been fooling them, that didn't mean it didn't lie to them... or rather, omit certain things.

Indeed, it was a place where a fashion designer's eye shone - not a single strange detail would escape him.

And speaking of strange details...

"Handcuffed to a peasant... is this supposed to excite me, you bothersome little tart?" Heika coldly asked from Agnethe. "I'm sorry but you will have to try much harder than that. First of all, loose that jailbait image and grow up to be a real woman. That's a starter. After that we can speak about your deviant fantasies and trying to rope actual decent people into them."

Wait, why did he sound almost as if this was Agnethe's fault!?

Nevertheless, either omitting that detail from his mind or just plain rejecting the reality that he had been caught by the trap, Heika began walking forward, intending to take the shortest route towards the hilltop. It was not a leisurely walk, but neither did he run. Indeed, there was a method to his approach. By taking the fastest and most obvious route, he'd see these possible 'eliminators' as fast as possible. After assessing how dangerous they were, he could device a strategy on how to best overcome them.

Well, that was the strategy until Heika felt the wire between the two of them go a little taut.

"And what do you think you are doing?" Came the cold voice from the young man as he turned back to glare at Agnethe, arms folded and eyes chiller than the dead of space. "This is no time to play games. We are in this together so we should act most logically and according to rules. In other words..."

Those who prepared these chests may not have known, but they might have made a huge mistake. After all, a challenge like this...

"... Act like a good little pet should and walk at least five steps before your owner."

... Were a surefire way to bring out the Ultra S in Shuugetsuka Heika!

Noah Habiki
    Starlight Academy - Harbor
    Monday - Morning

You ready yourself for a potential trap set by the tournament's staff. The closer you examine the wooden box, however, the more you become convinced that it has nothing to do with the on-going trial. It's hard for you to say for sure, as you haven't come across any chests so far and an image with their appearance was never provided to you, and yet, something within you screams to leave the box alone, turn back and leave. Unfortunately, by the time your brain manages to process that order, your hand has already slid the box open. Even though it's even darker inside the box, your eyes manage to see it clearly, something terrifying...

---The lifeless body of a human being.

The shock is enough to make you tumble backwards and land helpless on the floor. It was only for an instant, but the image of the seemingly dead body has already been engraved on your memory. The body is well-preserved... Perhaps the event that lead to the person's death occurred recently. But the man is definitely 'dead'. He is not breathing, nor he'll breathe in the future. Should you dare to check his vitals, you would be unable to detect any signs of possible survival. You can look at this from a lot of different angles, however, the one constant is that you cannot save this person. You were too late.

"...!"

A sudden movement sends a chill down your spine. You instinctively leap backwards using your new spell, creating a prudent distance between the coffin and you. Somehow, what follows is even more shocking that the events that have transcended thus far: The man makes an effort to sit within the box, managing to do so on his second try. He's alive! But he still isn't breathing-?! Several crazy thoughts dance within your head trying to give an explanation to something that defies the laws of reason. A zombie...? A vampire, maybe? Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that this is a scary-as-hell situation taken straight out from a horror movie. Your body once more begs you to run away. Sadly, something tells you that any half-assed attempt won't be enough to escape.

Before you know it, the man is standing at least five steps closer to you.

"... Executing Program 00478526120 ... Initiating wide area search. Error. This unit's scanning function is compromised. Current primary objective: Retrieval of Administrator."

He's... Talking to himself? The way he speaks, though... He's a robot?

"... Administrator?"

Through the darkness, the man stares at you intently.

Blog Entries
    Jade Sapphy
    Starlight Academy - Park
    Monday - Morning

"Alexiel!" Jade repeated, fixing on to the name of the strange miracle piloted by the thinner girl. "Alexiel Alexiel Alexiiiiiaaal" Jade finished, rolling the last word on her tongue.

"A self made miracle that drives you around! You are basically my hero right now you know that?! People always get mad when I try to ride around on stuff I make with my miracle! You are the coolest Ino-Tan!" Jade's double thumbs up posture as she stated such left no doubt as to how honest she was.

Then Ino-Tan started talking about the contest. To put it bluntly, even Jade was a little surprised. She was not used to other people moving even faster then she herself did.

But one can you expect from someone who made themselves a car so they could always drive around?!

"Reliable smeliable, who wants that?! I want people who have guts!" Jade reached out a skinny and mud covered arm and thumped her chest twice. "Anyone can be smart, but being brave is a choice you make every day! ...I read that in a manga!"

At this point Jade began to walk around Alexiel, with something between admiration and outright stars shining in her eyes."Alexiel is the greatest Ino-tan! I still cant believe you built something like this! How fast does she go?! Can we go for a ride hey lets go for a ride right now!"

It was at that point Jade idly grabbed onto the handles at the rear of the frame in order to look with curiosity at the undercarriage. Clearly in doing so she certainly had no bad intentions, she just had a tendency to get overeager. To be fair, in her own defense, Jade's mounts were independent and self supporting. Sometimes she herself forgot how much unconscious work she put into controlling a ride's balance to prepare for sudden charges or opportune changes of direction, she had reached a point where it was almost second nature. What that meant was she was not quite use to things that are less stable. Liiiiiiiike perhaps a miracle that had already shown a propensity for losing control and what appeared to be clearly some continuing trouble on the part of its rider controlling it, likely due to the relevantly recent manufacture of the Miracle known as Alexiel.

...When Jade suddenly felt her weight...and by extension that of Ino and Alexiel began to shift under some errant dirt...she suddenly realized that "Lets go for a ride right now" might well end up being far more literal then perhaps she had intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    ---

Kurokami Nayuta

Day:
    Monday
    Time:
    Morning

She understood him quite well; a driving force behind one's motivation, a purpose to one's very being burning like a flame with endless fuel... Nayuta too, holds something similar to that in her heart. Though their goals are different, Nayuta feels like this determined spirit of Sousuke's is very similar to her own. Nodding to him as he explained himself, Nayuta accompanied Sousuke as a good listener, offering the young man a friendly ear to which he could tell his anxieties.

"I can somewhat picture what you are trying to do, Moirai-san. That determination of yours is very admirable, and I am sure that if you hold on to it, something good will come to you eventually... though remember to not lose yourself in it."

Nayuta gives him a friendly light pat on the shoulder before continuing:

"We can all get a little bit too focused sometimes and lose ourselves or forget why we are doing something. Just remember that, and I'm sure that all will be fine~"

And on those words...

------

Everyone
    Starlight Academy
    Monday - Morning

... the duo eventually made their way to where the speech for the World Wide Magic Tournament would be delivered. The place was already relatively crowded as students from all around had come here early to get front-row exclusivity to the event. This was a big event after all, and people from Tir Na Nog, Ravensworth and the Russian Institute would be attending too.

Finding some spot where they could stand and not be too cramped, the two watched on as the headmasters, or rather, as Starlight's and Ravensworth's Headmasters gave their speech. It had been the same the previous year, with Mihou and Viktor preferring to not directly participate in the formalities, but instead observe peacefully. Knowing Mihou's appreciation of control, discipline and not exactly being talkative, Nayuta never took it as a surprise really. As for Viktor's case, she believed that he had his own reasons, like everyone does, and thus simply enjoyed the ceremony as it is.

As the speech came to an end, and both the trials and team requirements were unravelled, Nayuta began thinking about what she would do this time. Well, she had been thinking about it for quite a few weeks, since she never had been really fond of last-minute preparations, but Nayuta seemed to have had some trouble either with approaching people, or being approached by them herself in an attempt to form a prospective team. Nayuta knew quite well why that was: what had happened last year. While she had distinguished herself as an able Bishop, the stain of that past event still remained, and being quite a big talking point, teams weren't so keen on having her on board...

... and as she spaced out and thought about it, it seemed that as the crowd dispersed, she had somewhat lost Sousuke.

"...Moirai-san?"

The girl looked around her, but there was no trace of the silver-haired young man that she had accompanied. Realising what had just happened, Nayuta let out a deep sigh, lamenting her inattention and wondering how she could have let all of this happen.

So much for the advice she had given him earlier... Granted, there was a precedents to times like this one, she spaced out like that, for example when she was cooking dinner for Rin and while thinking of tomorrow's meal she'd forget that there was something simmering in the pot... but that is a story for another day.

What now, though?
    Last edited by Ayakashi; July 5th, 2018 at 02:57 AM.

Noah Habiki
    Monday - Morning

Upon closer inspection of the humanoid before me, I couldn’t help but think to myself of the misfortune place upon me. Did I piss off a deity in a previous life? I probably kicked a puppy, and God is out to get me for it!

Well, it didn’t matter; least not in this current moment. The man? Machine? Cyborg? I didn’t quite know what to call it but the words he spoke left me in confusion. Apparently, having to identify me as in administrator meant his objective would likely be to retrieve me and take me somewhere. What worried me, even more, was that the box he walked out of said defective so this thing was most definitely screwed in the head or prone to go on a rampage. Fighting or retreating were my only options, but he didn’t like the type to go down so smoothly.

I don’t know any of his fighting capabilities, so fighting will be a disadvantage.

I don’t know any of his fighting capabilities, so running will leave me open.

However, though my mind thought of possibilities and control of the situation, in the corner of my mind, I couldn’t help but wonder nonsensical yet utterly logical train of thought.

Who made you?

A whisper that was meant to be said only in my head was voiced out. When that thought occurred even more series of questions with no answers came to being. Why are you here? What was your purpose? What is this administrator you’ve mistaken me for?

No answers would come if I use force to escape and truth be told whether it was because of the spell from earlier or human curiosity taking hold, I didn’t want to leave without at least having some of my answers solved. Taking a deep breath and considering the variable outcomes of my next response I stare at the humanoid before me and ask:

“If it’s the administrator you’re looking for then you’ve found him. However, I ask before you complete your task that you state your primary mission, what lead to you being stored in this warfare, and the last thing you remember.”

I should be given a nominee for the most magnificent actor award if the stoic face I held desperately together was any indication. My body screamed at me to move, but my mind’s curiosity was unleashed and couldn’t be tamed. My entire time since being sent here was one trip from insanity to another, and for once I wanted control of what happened here.

If I didn’t get the answers I wanted from the first sentence, he’d tell me I’ll just attack and break this thing and leave this place in peace.

Now, what will it be? Will my gamble payoff to a good start for the first time for today or will bad luck ruin it yet again?
    "Nothing is the greatest gift Mankind has ever been giving."

"Wait. How so?"

"Because it's the only thing Mankind can ever give a shit about"

Nakamura Amaya
    Starlight Academy - Park
    Monday - Morning

"That's fine with me. I am no good at holding back either. Knock me down? If you think you can do it, come right at me-! Shiomi Misao. Knight. Steel Heart!"

In response to the combatants' will to fight, the scenery around them morphs into a suitable battle zone. Aesthetically, hardly any changes can be spotted. After all, the selected stage is -or at least strongly resembles- the very same park the two of you were walking through moments ago. The rest of the students have been removed from this space to give this duel the right feel, but the aspect that stands out the most has to be the the change in time, perhaps another modification introduced to set the mood. The generic A.I. Space does not just let you pick stages from a big pool, it also lets you alter things like time and weather to add more variables to combat. This is often employed strategically during Team-Ladder fights, where the one with the lowest ranking is allowed to pick the stage. The underdog team often deploys a field that will be favorable for them, while the favorite to win prepares in advance and attempts to predict their foe's choice.

"Not many obstacles, huh? I like it!"

Without much of a warning, the woman takes off. The speed at witch she moves catches you by surprise, as it easily surpasses that of a enhancement-free Miracle Wielder. In the blink of an eye -Hell, maybe even before that-, the distance between you has been practically reduced to zero. You do your best to frantically respond with the activation of one of your spell formulas, however, you aren't given enough to time to do more than raise your sword in futile defiance and block the incoming attack. The result of the clash also manages to defy the limits of reason, as the force behind the girl's blow is enough to send you flying back several meters before you somehow recover your balance. It can be said that you are at a great disadvantage and that might be indeed true, but you are no stranger to this situation or these methods either. When you were caught in a skirmish involving a certain girl from Ravenworth, physical enhancements were all she used to fight. Not to mention you've been preparing to 'eventually' take on Sawai so, naturally, going against super strength and super speed is something you've been working to get used to. In any case, with Hitomi's technique, you shouldn't have a problem following her movements no more.

"Sorry, sorry. Didn't I tell you I am bad at holding back?" She smirks. Now she's just showing off... "This is my natural strength."

What a monster. She's truly Mihou's daughter. Perhaps slight modifications in your Miracle's weight will need to be made in order to keep up. You take a deep breath. This is just the first round. A part of you wants to rush back to the fray, blindly, but if you don't play a defensive fight Misao will definitely snatch ten wins from under your belt in a heartbeat the moment you give her the chance.

"Say, I heard you get pretty pissed off if they talk badly about your father." Misao's expression has suddenly shifted to a much serious one. "I get it. When other people actually mean the bad things they say about Mom, I get really angry... Just like that. That is why..."

The girl raises her sword, pointing it upwards at the orange sky above. In response, a dozen, no several dozen swords materialize above her head, all aimed at you. This is...?!

"Amaya. This is not meant to be an insult."

Following a silent order, they are all fired at their target like bullets.

"... This is a tribute."

-------

Key-word
    'Newtype' Mage [Through the looking Glass]
    Shiomi Mitsuo's personal creation. Different from the Kuro Mihou Units, who were effectively clones created only using Sawai Mihou's DNA, Mitsuo's DNA has also been added to the mix, making Misao their unrecognized daughter. Inheriting part of her mother's outstanding physical prowess, Misao can go toe to toe with the average True Magus in a close-ranged fight where no spells or runes are involved. In Miracle Wielder terms, her attributes are always considered to be enhanced through an effect similar to that of the Spell Formula Einherhar. In addition, a great amount of data connected to prior wars and the Magi involved in them has been downloaded into her brain, allowing for the better development of Semi-Unique spells related to them without the need of a mentor. However...
    Wise-Up

Steel Heart
    Orignally a replica of the famous sword Fragarach, several modifications appear to have given this blade a completely new identity. Although, it comes equipped with a good number of gadgets that make it easier to utilize, its special function has to do with the storage of energy within both the blade and a special chamber located close to the Miracle's handle. With each swing and each spell formula that is cast, more and more energy is accumulated. Once full, offensive capacity increases several times for a duration of three minutes, although the remaining energy can be released at once for an explosive burst of power.
    Wise-up!
    Beagalltach- Little Fury
    B-Rank - Semi-Unique => D-rank - Semi-Unique
    A spell formula that appears to replicate Nakamura Akio's 'Minor Arcana: Swords' to create an area of effect projectile attack capable of taking down from one to many foes. However, because this formula wasn't taught to Misao but rather was reproduced 'from memory', it suffers a rank down. Furthermore, since the technique has not been aplied the way it is supposed to be, it suffers another rank-down. Several details remain unknown.
    Last edited by hero; July 5th, 2018 at 04:59 PM.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nakamura Amaya
    Starlight Academy - Park
    Monday - Morning

"Natural strength, huh? Nice."

Monster.

That was a good enough description for it; to be literally blown away by someone's attack the instant a battle starts, it's certainly something that defies human reason, and a sort of strength that immediately puts her mind on something closer to the defensive.

"But I'm not too impressed, I've been knocked across a room before you know! So don't get too cocky, I'm just getting started myself-!"

...Of course, it wasn't like she couldn't match that power if she tried to do so; physical blows that lay within the realm of true magi were in her grasp as well if she fought in a particular way, but the 'effective difference' between them in spite of that was still enormous. It was the difference between casual strength and putting everything you had into a single strike, if she amped her weapon's weight and pressed the assault, it was certainly possible for her to -if nothing else- match her opponent in terms of power. but...

---Stamina becomes a problem in that case... In both a physical and magical sense.

If she can't maintain it for long, it is not a tactic she should rely on, thus-

Amaya immediately acknowledges she is 'weaker.'

However, that doesn't actually mean anything; it's simply something she must accept in order to be able to competently deal with her opponent. There are dozens of ways to deal with an opponent that is both faster and stronger than you; and as someone who had spent most of their life fighting uphill, and who had joined a family of people who could also be called "monsters" in terms of fighting ability...

---She's used to all of this.

Now-!

To avenge that little smirk that had just been flashed her way-!

"...Ah. This?"

Swords rain down from the heavens-!

"Hah... Really brings back some memories... Ah what the hell, come on, let's see how close it is-!"

And the crimson haired Kiseki merely takes her blade in both hands to face it head on, the joking, taunting smile from earlier -that had been somewhat out of place on someone who was losing- replaced merely by the focused lines of resolve.

Arcana: Swords.

In other words, it was a mimicry of her father's technique. Of course, she can only call it a mimicry; the sheer sense of power, speed, and accuracy behind it is somewhat lacking in comparison, but...

It's still a good enough imitation that she chooses to stand her ground rather than attempt to evade it.

---Or rather, she simply acknowledges that attempt to evade is a bad move in this case; this is after all, one of her father's attacks, and as such her knowledge of it was on the level expected of a family member. The attack in-and-of-itself is almost never the actual point of it, it is an attack that is meant to destabilize enemies; it is meant to force them to move or to suffer impalement, to hide smaller more precise attacks inside an explosion of steel... Movement itself would not be a problem ordinarily in spite of that, but her opponent is one that can match true magi without the power of a miracle being necessary.

One blow had already been enough to throw her back a good dozen meters; if she is caught while moving, what sort of chance would her imbalanced self have against that same sort of force?

She can handle the pain of being thrown around, but getting battered too much... Would simply result in being stunned and finished off...

Iin reality, more than anything else, she cannot allow herself to take to many "direct" strikes from the girl's weapon, even in terms of parrying...

She would lose any sword fight that relied purely on power against power, at least, as she was now.

So-

---She would take a page from her old man's book and hold her ground here; which meant-!

---Clang.

---Clang. Clang. Clang. Clang.

The sound of the beginning of a more true combat.

The sound of metal striking metal, a melody of crimson against the falling golden sky; ordinarily such things are not possible, to defend herself from so many successive strikes is only within reason thanks to the eyes she had inherited from her aunt. The silver eyes of heaven see all and comprehend all, flight paths, incoming speeds; the sheer amount of them meant that they could not all strike at once without throwing each other off course, and thus only a handful of blades must be dealt with in any singular moment, and even then, she is merely deflecting them to the sides rather than opposing their power head on-!

In this way, it is possible to maintain one's ground while also avoiding damage, but by doing so, they fall into the trap of the spell; ultimately it is best used as a distraction for a more powerful strike, with her focus entirely on defending herself from the storm of swords, it would be trivial for an opponent to leap in the instant she happens to overextend on a parry.

---Such things are inevitable.

Not just because she is human - and thus an entity that will never be 'completely perfect'- but also because...

She herself is ensuring that such 'weak points' exist. The speed of the enemy is such that even if she charges forward with mana burst the initiative would remain within Miaso's grasp; the eyes can follow the movements, but there's no guarantee that the body can keep up against direct impacts for long, or rather, she already knows that she can't maintain "full power" for long right now-!

---So instead, she quietly unveils her sword-style.

---Crest Arts.

Technique exists to counter power, if one is more skilled, then it becomes possible to cleanly defeat someone who is simply physically more potent than yourself. By leaving openings in her stance, but using her eyes to monitor those same openings, it becomes easier for her to 'funnel' the direction she wishes for her opponent to approach her in-!

In this case, any direction would suffice.

Of course, that girl had already proven herself to be capable of closing the distance between them in an instant, so even if she can draw her closer, the reality is that it's perfectly possible she simply won't be able to respond to the attack in spite of seeing it coming-!

No.

That's not just possible, it's actually guaranteed; to be frank, the moment she decided to physically repel the sword rain instead of avoiding it or putting up barriers, she lost the ability to do anything else.

The crimson blade swipes through the air, smacking sword after sword from their destined targets, the gathered momentum allowing her to spin it into a reverse grip-!

A sword through the chest or head would end the round as easily as anything else, and losing any of her limbs ensured that she really wouldn't be able to match Misao's strength; because of that, the opening she has granted Misao is more or less perfect-!

Because it has to be.

It's a gamble, but to crush her opponent in one exchange, she must play on that girl's confidence and draw her into a cage of steel that allows no escape by literally opening herself up to losing in one blow, putting herself into a situation from which even she is unsure she will succeed and is thus genuine, and allowing her sword to claim it's target the moment they decide to end it. One of a dozen plans concocted by a mind that was used to fighting those 'stronger than herself,' a will that had been forged from the absolute bottom of society's rungs, and a sword trained by a young man that had decided she could be 'family.'

Putting her entire heart into her defense against the falling swords, that flourish of blades that had erupted all around her body from the side to the back...

---Doubles as an absolute sword that will strike down any approaching opponent without fail; that turns an "absolute opening" into a "wall that none can cross."

---An invisible sword that comes to life on the trails of 'willpower.'

And if nothing else...

Forces a draw.

Spoiler:

-Amaya ~ Crest Arts-
    C Rank - Unique

One of the spells most tied to Amaya’s signature sword style, and a rune that she was only able to craft with the help of Akio and Aesop, who spent a good chunk of their free days sparring with her at home and discussing magic theory until she was able to get the spell formula into a form she was comfortable with utilizing in battle. A rather simple spell in application, Crest Arts enchants the edges of her blade, which causes the after trails of her sword swings to transform into semi-solid crests a mere moment after the initial attack is complete.

These crests, adapted to her body and weapon, leave them alone while cutting up the body of the opponent if they so much as touch it. Perfect for putting up an offense with “no holes in it,” her blade forms a defensive web of steel that makes it close to impossible to counter-strike at melee range, as even if her blade is physically somewhere else, the “trails” of her earlier swings are still dangerous enough to cut clean through a magus mid-counter.
    Last edited by Airen; July 6th, 2018 at 11:02 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ryuzaki Nanami
    Starlight Academy – Road I
    Monday – Morning

“Good luck to you too, Yuki! And thanks for the warning!” Nanami said to her friend, still wiping the cold sweat that had formed on her forehead. Given her nature, it was quite clear that she’d have pounced into the first shiny chest that had appeared before her. For all her intellect, she was quite the impulsive girl.

Separating from her friend, Nanami merely followed the closest loud noises and commotion, as she was wont to do.

----

“Well, that was quite interesting.” She said to herself, thinking back on the two battles she had witnessed. Granted, if one stopped to think about it, it was clear that the conditions of the duel clearly favored Inokuma Tenshin’s style. As the recent bout had shown, her style was quite a surprise, and very weird to fight against, until one got accustomed to it. And because the style of the battle favored a pitched melee fight, being able to manipulate the distances involved was a huge advantage for Tenshin, unless the opponent was able to overwhelm her with pure strength.

“It can’t be said to be that strong by itself, given a variable environment, but…” It wasn’t a style that’d be advantageous in all environments, but it was clear to her at least that Tenshin had created such a style to compensate her lack of physical strength and stamina. To summarize it, she was quite the tricky opponent, just like Nanami herself. And… just with that single formula, combined with her own weapon inherent ability, Nanami could think of many ways to make life hell for any opponent team’s melee attackers.

Ignoring the dispersing multitude, or the stares directed at her fox tails, she started to close in to the center of the commotion. She had already decided to at least probe the girl with the intention to add her to her team, although that was, as Yuki would point out, more based out of a whim than actual tactical considerations… but the scene that followed next rendered her speechless.

Now, one must be clear, Nanami was not precisely an expert on societal norms. In fact, she was simply not knowledgeable about them, much to the irritation of her surroundings at times. However, she was fairly sure that some dude popping out of nowhere and molesting the small girl as if it was no big deal was… well, a big deal. Or rather, not something that was allowed in a normal context. Or in any context.

“Hey, what the hell’s your problem?!” She shouted, arriving at the scene as Hokuto turned to challenge the other man to a duel. She quickly dragged Tenshin behind her and stood between her and Hokuto, directing an angry glare at the latter.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Takumi Hokuto (& Ryuzaki Nanami)
    Starlight Academy- Road I
    Monday- Morning

"Hmph. Do as you like."

Your argument does little to perturb Ishibashi's poker face. Unfazed and unwilling to defuse what could be called a misunderstanding when the person in front of him is no more than a curious stranger from another school, his cold gaze seems to stare directly at your soul. Fortunately, it looks like he doesn't mind having one more bout before heading somewhere else. After all, he's already scouted the power of the one responsible for summoning such large crowds and can safely conclude that she's not the kind of person he's looking for to have within his team. However, it appears one more issue needs to be resolved before things can move forward. Meiji's focus is momentarily drawn to the short girl and her newfound guardian, but quickly shifts to a particular spot within the dispersing crowd.

"I can defend myself. Battle-nut or not... Try that again and I'll cut your hands off."

Comes Tenshin response, who is doing her best to only look slightly flustered after the sudden 'check up'. She has moved away from Nanami to prevent her figure from being covered entirely between the foxgirl's height and her numerous tails. A very real threat, if things were as tense as they were decades ago, your life might have ended the moment you dared to invade her personal space. Luckily, because crazy things always happen in highschool these days, you are allowed to escape such fate nearly scott-free. But such event won't repeat itself... Not all girls are as permissive as some of your acquaintances, regardless of how good or evil your intentions may be. If you aren't careful, you might end up being branded as something you are not. You should probably apologize a little more seriously, in a less 'careless' way...

There is a strange, yet familiar 'aftertouch' sensation in your hand. Did you, by chance, ran your hand across a recent injury?

"Now now, let's calm down a bit. Everyone wants to see one more fight, right? If Takumi-san here has been naughty, I'll take responsibility and have him make up for it later. I'm his Sempai, after all."

The boy with ash-like hair is Murakami Kano, a figure widely known across Starlight and with enough renown for him to be recognized on sight by those from different schools. Though he doesn't bear the title of 'Starlight's Ace', rumors claim that he's on par with its current owner. Moreover, some say he might even become eligible for the King position in the future, as a good portion of the student base respects him. With a gentle and apologetic gesture, he begs for Tenshin and Nanami to move away from the center of the scene so Meiji and Hokuto can have their match without having to worry about the world surrounding them. Together, the three of them join Kato Kagari, who looks really excited for the next battle and even more for meeting Murakami in person.

"That was a good fight, Tenshin-san!" Kano comments cheerfully. "Hope you show us your full-style at some point."

That makes it three people who have noticed.

But what can you expect from those who have devoted a good part of their life to combat?

"Now watch, everyone. If anything, this might be a match to remember."

-------

The air is filled with tension, enough for those present to treasure the gentle breeze reaching them. Although, at any given time, said breeze could turn into a raging storm.

"..."

Meiji stands at a prudent distance wearing a calm expression. After the last battle, there is no need for him to warm up. He's... Definitely hard to read. You can't tell what's going inside his head, and thus you can't really anticipate how he'll act a few moments into the future. But that's okay. What is not shown, what is hidden underneath one's facade, will be exposed once the two of you clash.

"Ibarashi Meiji. Rook. Soul Forge. Now, let's get this started."

The scenery morphs, bringing fighters to a new location. Stage, rules and time limits, you have been allowed to pick them at your leisure. Whether you'll use those to your advantage or not depends entirely on you.

Kurokami Nayuta
    Starlight Academy - Park
    Monday - Morning

You have lost sight of Sousuke, but you aren't quick to dismiss it. A part of you feels that guiding him is a responsibility entrusted to you by Nanako-san and thus, you search for him through the crowd in a way that only students from Starlight can demonstrate. Even so, it takes at least fifteen minutes before you manage to catch sight of him again. A good number of Miracle Wielders have gathered in a circle around his position, making it quite evident that, somehow, he has got himself involved in a fight. Such realization is enough to make you automatically begin to worry, after all, bullies are quite common in the Russian Institute and even in Tir Na Nog, and Moirai being from another school... He makes for the perfect target for those individuals. Before you know it, you've increased your walking pace, soon breaking into a sprint. However...

---The scene that awaits you turns out to be completely different from the one you imagined.

Moirai Sousuke O O O O O O O O O O
    Ogata Hibari X X X X X X X X X X

A mock battle has just finished.

And Sousuke didn't just win: He completely overwhelmed his opponent, someone who, prior to that point, he has not encountered before. It's rare occurrence that is hard to see, even among pros and veteran players. You are glad but you are also out of words. Who would have expected Moirai possessed that level of skill?

'Look, she was defeated again. Expected it to be honest.'

'Total waste of time'

'What a let down. She looked cool, but no way someone so weak fit into my team'

The crowd begins to disperse in discontent. No one seems amazed by your new friend's feats, so perhaps it is safe to assume his foe simply was not strong enough to enter this level of competitive play. Still, she probably brought this result onto herself. After all, you can't imagine Sousuke being the kind of guy who'd randomly pick up a fight with a stranger.

"Good fight. Let us have a rematch some day."

As if to emphasize this point, the white haired boy approaches his downed opponent and offers to help her back to her feet with an outstretched hand. In response...

A heavy, clapping sound.

"Tch! Save your kindness for someone who'd actually believe it."

She rejects his kindness with heavy, confusing, words.

Ogata Hibari stands up on her own and dusts her clothes a bit. Not far from her is Sousuke, with an apologetic smile on his face.

As the last on-looker abandons the scene, their attention seems to shift towards you.

"..."

"Oh, Kurokami-san. Relieved to see you again."

Shuugetsu Heika
    Starlight Academy - Lone Rooftop
    Monday - Morning

"Hahahaha...! You must be insane, you bastard! Not in a million years would I submit to someone as lame as you-!"

Though, deep down, the idea of becoming a human pet might sound attractive to a hardcore masochist like her, your attempt to establish yourself as the dominant part of this duo is quickly met by an oppressive amount of resistance. Agnethe's frame might not denote overwhelming physical strength, but the age in which one could gauge someone's power based on appearance alone has long been left behind. Without the aid of spell formulas, she is just as strong as you are, if not slightly stronger. You are not forcing her to move anywhere unless you somehow manage to make her lose her balance. Even then, it'd most likely have to be you the one to snatch the initiative and become this unit's front line.

How troublesome.

Had you been caught with someone else, your plan would have ran smoothly. Anyone would have preferred to follow your crazy lead if it meant ending the exercise sooner, if only for the sake of sparing themselves from your merciless fashion critique. But Agnethe is someone who -much like yourself- doesn't usually cooperate with the rest of her peers. Not even the threat of being thrown out of the tournament does not seem to mean much to her. This is bad, forget the potential dangers the map could be hiding, at this rate, you won't reach the top of the hill as is!

Not even the moment you have taken to analyzing the situation at hand seems to have shed much light. There are no discrepancies between the map on your display and your surroundings. To put it into terms an artist would more easily understand, it is less the feeling of watching an anonymous painting and thinking 'something in it looks flawed', and more 'Hmm, the style resembles one I've seen before. But which was it again...?'. In other words a sense of familiarity that comes together with a voice of alarm ringing in your head, telling you wake up, connect the dots and stare at the bigger picture.

"If anything..."

Feeling the answer to the mystery on the tip of your tongue, you try to focus entirely on it, ignoring the reality ahead of yours. This does not seem to stop your partner, who has already manifested her Miracle in combat mode, a spiked metal sphere with a medieval air to it. It levitates in mid air close to its owner.

"You should learn your place, dog!"

The Miracle flies straight in your direction. Though it doesn't really look too menacing, a direct hit in the head could possibly leave you out of combat. The moment you decide to at least do something to defend yourself, fate appears to throw yet another obstacle on the road. Agnethe's Miracle... Mid-flight, its size increases at least ten times fold, making it simple for it to run over even a tall man like yourself.

---Moreover.

A single, loud noise like that of gunfire.

Before you make a decision on how to escape the first attack, the 'true enemy' has made themselves known.

There you have it: The final piece of the puzzle, the answer, the solution. This stage has a landside intersected by streets, with houses built along the terraced hillside. You need to cross the streets to go uphill so... If a sniper were to take a high position, they'd get a big advantage. But if you are on a lower level, the buildings tend to get in the way, making it hard to locate or aim at someone higher up without coming out of hiding. Even more so if one lacks a long range weapon...

The A.I. generated bot could have attacked the moment you walked into the streets, but instead waited for the perfect opportunity for a surprise attack. That's right, at higher difficulty levels, bots become less predictable and more intuitive, like human beings!

Having anticipated your movements, the shot is headed straight for your heart-!

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shuugetsu Heika
    Starlight Academy - Lone Rooftop
    Monday - Morning

"So ugly... so very, very ugly. Come, Sayoshigure. Let us show them both beauty."

Attacks from both sides, one attempting to crush him under its own weight, the other attempting to pierce his heart and take him out of the game with pin-point accuracy. Both attacks made with nothing but the idea of barreling through their opposition. They were forceful, they were demanding, they were... hideous to look at. There was no honed technique that Heika saw, there was no sublime grace associated with martial arts of yore. These were just machine-like, clumsy and brusque attacks that wanted to cause destruction.

Yes, they simply wanted to cause destruction.

They had none of the beauty of actually wanting to take someone's life.

"---!"

Air between Heika's fingers vibrated and something shimmered. A long, long ko-naginata, appeared from nothing and immediately slid out of its sheathe. The weapon, it was more akin to a work of art than anything meant for combat, yet there was almost viper-like danger that surrounded it. The blade of the naginata seemed to warble and ripple in a manner that it was not meant to do. It was like the surface of water, the pole were the waves and the man holding them both... was the currents, ebb and flow of murderous intent that was practically gone from this peaceful world.

"Your words are meaningless. Your appearance beneath my grace. Your attitude unwanted. Your mind one of a peasant. In all senses of the word... you are useless," Heika spoke as his body twisted around, like he was dancing to the joy of Gods. "Scream, cry, grind your teeth all you want... it will not change the laws of this world. Agnethe Grieser, you and I were born worlds apart, and that can never be undone by your actions. No matter how much you howl... your sobs won't reach the heaven's abode."

A pirouette like from a Noh-play. Every single limb of him acting like it was part of the air itself around him. A weapon that seemed to bend to the very motion that it carried through. It was not merely graceful, it was disgustingly so. The movement of Shuugetsu Heika was not that of a man walking between defeat and victory, but that of an artist that took his paintbrush, dipped it in ink, and drew the first line on the canvas. No fear of any sort even when put between a bullet and a sphere of destruction. Confidence is born from something, it cannot appear out of nowhere. And in his case... in Heika's case... his absolute confidence grew from his absolute trust in his own abilities.

It was arrogance justified.

From one side, a ball of spikes, a metal vindicator to the insulted pride of Agnethe Grieser. It was answered by the fluid movement of the naginata, which whistled through the air and slammed itself against the approaching attack. The flat of the blade connected with the sphere, extended at its full length of 2.5 meters in Heika's hands. In truth, the parry was not even that powerful. Surely it had the momentum behind it... yet it sorely lacked what should have stopped a massive attack like Agnethe's.

Yet - despite all of that: the naginata known as Sayoshigure forced the trajectory to change, away from her master.

At the very same time, the projectile shot by the bot on top of the hill reached its target. The projectile hit Shuugetsu Heika straight in his turned back, where his heart should have been... and passed through like there was nothing to hit. Crouching a little and spinning around, Heika had changed the supposed point where the projectile should have hit, like he was protecting his heart. But there was no need. The bullet entered Heika's body and appeared out of it like there had been nothing to hit, continuing on its trajectory towards the ground where it would hit nothing.

Complete damage avoidance.

A worst nightmare, and most frustrating manner of fighting.

In other words - avoidance of everything.

"Know this, now and forevermore: I am the Artist Known as Shuugetsu Heika."

Saying those quiet words in a sing-song words, Heika descended into a battle stance that followed his pirouette, one leg slightly extended and his naginata retracted above his head, blade pointing squarely at Agnethe.

"And you are nothing."

And in his eyes - fury cold enough to make Sanzu no Kawa freeze over.

Arthur Waynwood
    Monday - Morning

An accord with a person of business is transparent, there is a transaction, and as in all things, there is protocol to observe. It's just simpler than most, while not as transparent as bluntly offering a bribe, the vague shadow of bread and salt linger still, even in those places not so bound to the Old World.

Plus, it greases the wheels.

I adjust my glasses thoughtfully as I take in her words, a juggernaut of that field of lilies, Ravensworth, and a mysterious woman in black, a possible benefactor.

Plus, as my eyes note, there is something valuable behind the counter, a trophy, a memoir of past victory? I do however note the steering away from herself, and pushing me outwards towards the establishment at large.

Hum.

Pry into her affairs, or take my chances elsewhere, and if I were to do so, how would I set about toward my goal.

That is, after all, what matters, curiosity or no.

"Sound advice, I thank you for your time."

I bow my head slightly, and turn away, a subject for another time, grasping my drink gently in one hand, surveying my targets.

The Ace, or a benefactor?

Hm, as loath as I am to attach myself to someone stronger, her power would draw others more easily than a relative unknown Red. Still, I frowned, I had not come here to make myself part of someone else's story.

A low tinkling sound came from my glass as I rapped my nails.

Hmph, two glowing prizes, and the avenue of approach is against me.

How refreshingly nostalgic.

A solicitor today, to fight tomorrow.

I'll sacrifice my pride, then.

I approach the blonde sitting alone, I won't bother with pleasantries or propriety, to take on someone so lofty, I'd have to attack head-on.

I slide into the seat across from her, facing her gravely.

"My name is Arthur Waynwood, and my intentions are thus, I would like to obtain your strength, Ace of Ravensworth."

Ishikawa Aoi
    Monday - Morning

"... My wife would kill me if it turned out to be anything like that."

Tsukabe empties his glass in one swing, as if to quickly erase the idea of having a son as a whole. He is not the kind of guy who'd be completely against it, but it is not something he has on his immediate agenda. Having this job and being a father... It's probably not a good idea. Fortunately, illegitimate children are not something he has to worry about. After all, the number of women he has been with through the course of his life is admirably low. Thinking about Aichi, the man scratches the back of his head, trying to find the right words. What he is about to say is classified, but the idea of you being some kind of traitor never crosses his mind. Because of the student-teacher bond you share, Motoshige doesn't mind openly speaking with you. That said, he does keep some information to himself, mostly for your well-being. Both of you are well aware that once you get involved with B.A.L.D.R. it is hard to pull out and if you venture in too deep, you'll be back into their ranks before you even know it.

"Have you heard about the term 'Messiah'?"

Well, of course you have. A Messiah is a promised savior, a word mostly used in Christian myth. Though you could probably put a True Magus on a the level of this biblical figure -if not above-, there exists no current 'supreme being' or 'destined liberator'. To believe in such things is nonsense nowadays. However, it doesn't look like 'Cain' is making a joke. Wait a moment... 'Messiah' was used as a codeword, back during the first inside conflict between Voluspa branches...

"Yoshino Sousei. The so-called Messiah of the Fimbulwinter War. Back then, studies had revealed that he had high innate potential for being a Magus, unlike anything seen prior. It was rumored that he could awaken any stone, and some even claimed than more than one at once. This is the reason why he became Voluspa HQ's 'Trump Card', the promised hero who would put an end to the war. In the end, though, he turned out to be quite a fraud. Despite the test's results, he was never really able to awaken any sort of power, and his protection took the life of a good number of Voluspa HQ's elite agents."

Days prior to the reveal of Magic to the world, sixteen years after the Fimbulwinter War, the body of Yoshino Sousei was sighted in several locations across the world. Although he was no more than 'a corpse possessed by an evil spirit of destruction', he was the 'final boss' that left the mess you later had to clean up, so you know a bit about him.

Tsukabe seems to agree that the whole thing was a pain in the ass.

"Aichi is in a similar position. According to the tests, his potential is off the charts, however, in practice, not even custom-made Miracles seem to accept him as their owner"

Because Miracles are built using fragments of magical gems as their core, the wielder needs to have a certain degree of affinity to call out its power. Well, only 30% of Kiseki applicants fail to find a suitable weapon, so it's easier than becoming a full fledged Magi, that's for sure.

"I doubt anything extraordinary will happen, but we're supposed to look after him, just in case. As I've said, babysitting has nothing to do with my unit. Seriously, what were they thinking?"

Motoshige pours himself another glass.

Magi have a hard time getting drunk, so at some point you'll be unable to keep up with him, even if you are a veteran.

"But yeah, that's not the main topic at hand, is it...?" Cain picks up the USB device and pockets it. You'll likely not see it again. "It's pretty crazy."

The man takes a moment to explain the situation in a manner that you would understand, but without saying more than necessary. Because of his involvement in the Ragnarok War about a decade ago, he knows more about the workings of the word than most. And that is information that not even B.A.L.D.R. is fully aware of. At the same time, it is not something he feels you need to concern yourself with.

It makes him feel like he is speaking half-truths.

"The file contains a list of known benefactors for an unauthorized, secret 'outer space' expedition carried out a couple of years ago. The crew has yet to come back, but that's not the biggest issue. These guys... They brought unauthorized miracles with them, some stolen, some manufactured by their own hands. This list is the most solid proof we have of this even being a thing.

... And it has come at a price."

Arthur Waynwood
    Monday - Morning

"Best of luck."

With nothing but a whisper, the bartender wishes you good fortune. A welcome gesture, seeing as your next objective will be no easy catch. Against this opponent which you cannot defeat, you at least possess the right mentality. A head-on approach yields more chances of success, elevating your odds above zero. It comes with the risk of tremendous backfire if you mess up, but even if you fail, you can avoid this if you know where to cut your loses and leave. The time you have to create a mental outline of how the encounter will turn out is scarce, and before you know it, you are already sitting in front of her, expressing your wish to have her in your team without holding back.

"You must be the eighth person to ask me to lend them my strength in the span of an hour."

Though you are most likely the first to speak to her in such courteous manner, it doesn't make the difference to change the fact that she is unsurprised. She was the Ace of Ravensworth, the Queen of Solo Battles... It is only natural for others to be drawn to her in their quest for power. Unfortunately, that also comes with the rights to pick a partner from a pool that contained no less than the fiercest, most experienced and most influential students around, meaning you are face-to-face with someone who's completely out of your league. It didn't matter from which angle -romantic; economic; combat-wise; academic-, you are no contender...

"Pray tell... Why would I agree to such request?"

It's a polite response, but at the same time, an absolute counter-attack delivered in the simplest way towards your biggest weak spot. At first glance, you lack anything of significance to offer her in return for her aid. None of your achievements are worthy of note in the faze of someone who has long since surpassed you, and not even your 'potential future promotion' to the Yellow Settlement would be a worthy card to play. Against these odds, a good majority of people would beg and play the fool or downright lie, but this girl is not fresh out of kindergarden. She'll notice straight away.

"..."

No matter what you do, you have to answer fast. If you slow down your attack only for a moment, you'll miss your chance. In a sense, her demand nothing outrageous, in fact, it's the most logical thing to ask. You are a stranger in her eyes, and if the relationship does not bring her any noteworthy benefits, it's just not worth her time.

For you to even have a chance at conquering this trial, you must climb over this 'first wall' that stands before you.

Jade Sapphy
    Starlight Academy - Park
    Monday - Morning

"Oh, hahaha, stop it." Slightly embarrassed Jade's non-stop praise, Ino draws an apologetic smile. "Maybe we can race someday? I know a couple of people in charge of organizing such events. I'm sure they'd be happy to see someone new and there's no way they'd be upset with whatever vehicle you run. Anything is fine."

Naturally, Ayanokouji has no idea you are the kind of girl who'd rather pilot an ancient stone animal over a modern car. But hey, if a girl riding on a wheelchair is fine, maybe it's the same for your creations!

"Alexiel's top speed?"

Not expecting such question, the princess-looking girl places her index finger on her chin and goes silent, apparently making a serious effort to come up with an accurate enough answer. Granted, she could just use her own Miracle's terminal to calculate it for her, but... What sort of inventor would she be if she couldn't figure her own Miracle's SPECs without external aid?

"I guess that would be-"

By the time Ino manages to compile enough information to explain the basics of her vehicle without giving away its 'secret factor', a speech that might as well last over an hour, you have already moved behind her, kick-starting a future tragedy that might be labeled as a 'traffic accident of great scale'.

---However...

"I see."

This realization completely fails to frighten your new friend, on the contrary, if only for a moment, her expression appears to become darker and ten times more daring, sealing her hime-type demeanor behind closed walls. Indeed, you have said that you are looking for students with guts to join your team and...

In more ways than one, Ayanokouji Ino meets the criteria.

"... Guess it would be better to simply show it to you."

The purpose of Miracles is to emulate Magic through science. Since their conception, they have come a long way. Nowadays, even if all of their applications can be reduced to simple 'formulas', a good amount of them go beyond what the basic senses can comprehend. So, when delta wings spread from the sides of the wheelchair and propulsion engines reveal themselves on its back, even though there should have never been enough space to keep them hidden, you don't dare question it. All you can instinctively do is move out of the way to avoid being roasted and, with the short window of time you are given, the only safe heaven available if you want to board this 'bullet train' is no other than Ino's lap.

The world around you is submerged in a familiar blue hue, marking the activation and expansion of A.I. Space. There are reasons for them and they are all fairly simple. They can be summed in one term, namely, 'collateral damage'. Not just to the innocent pedestrians still hanging out at the park, but also to the park itself, as literal rocket fire will most likely reduce all nature in its way to ash. In short, what's about to occur is not on the level of what you have experienced when the handicapped girl 'bumped' into you. Oh no, this is on a completely different level...

Going downhill so fast that anyone without prior experience would find their lips flapping in the wind, your mind can't help but vaguely wonder...

Just what will happen when you reach the island's shore?

Noah Habiki
    Monday - Morning

"This unit does not 'remember'. All collected data is to stored within its core and accessed when deemed necessary. Executing Program 00498421137... Error. 965 of 1100 files found corrupted. This unit cannot determine the events that have lead it to its current location. Its primary objective remains the same: The retrieval of Administrator is top priority."

The robot's strange way of speaking makes it hard to keep up, however, from what you can gather, it appears that it has suffered a great deal of damage -even if, externally, it looks brand new-, enough to 'forget' all but the basics. It becomes pretty clear that its solely focused on finding the one who's supposed to hand it orders, because right now, there is no denying that it is completely lost as to what it should be doing. If that is the case, you need to stop it. If you simply allow it to leave this factory, it will become more of a threat than it would have been if you left it where you found him. Ultimately, you'll be the one responsible for it, so even if it is a heavy weight to place upon your shoulders, you assume a firm stance and label yourself as the person the robot is looking for, its administrator. It's a gamble that is for sure, but if its data is damaged as much as it claims, you have a fair chance of being successful. You have little idea of what you'll do afterwards, but for now you have to make sure the situation is under control.

"..."

Will it work? Will it fail? You hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. Your Miracle at the ready, if it tries something funny, you'll blast him with everything you have. Or, at least, that is what you used to believe. For, the moment the machine closes the distance between the two, you come to realize that what stands before you isn't mere scrap. A single glance is enough to tell that the artificial man is as strong as a Miracle, if not a Miracle of its own, making it extremely resistant to most formula in your repertoire. If things take the wrong turn, maybe you should consider going for a defensive fight...

"Ugh...!"

It's fast.

Even though you see it coming, before you get a chance to react, it grabs you by the collar and pulls you up. It's a gesture that by no means can be called polite, yet it is performed in such way that you don't feel any pain. It's not being hostile, it's just taking its time to examine you. Since its scanning feature has been broken, it can only rely on what its 'eyes' can see. After a few moments, it begins to put you down. Did it work...?

"Do not be silly, Mister."

Its choice of words contrasts with the dead serious expression present on its face. At the same time, you become aware that your cover has been blown. The reason... Well...

"A boy like you cannot be labeled with the following title: 'Onee-sama'."

---Its administrator is a woman...?!

Though it had probably forgotten her physical appearance, the title granted to its administrator has been enough to rule you out.

Having reached that conclusion, the robot tosses you away with formidable strength as opposed to simply putting you down on the ground. That said, it appears it still has to show a real sense of hostility towards you.

"Question: Does Mister know about Onee-sama's whereabouts...?"

You need a plan B or...!