• I like her

40 51.28%
  • im neutral about her

23 29.49%
  • I dislike her

15 19.23%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sakura

well, i love Rin but i understand Sakura bitterness. Her sister had everything she didnt just because stupid magus rules and again, she was literally throw to a hellhole when she was like six years old, and nobody gave a danm about it .
    Again, gave her a normal childhood and she would have turned out fine, like Rin but much nicer, since she has a kind natural temper
    Last edited by TheSeaDragon; May 20th, 2017 at 12:46 AM.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    shes cute i like her

scars of long ago have healed
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    well, i love Rin but i understand Sakura bitterness. Her sister had everything she didnt just because stupid magus rules and again, she was literally throw to a hellhole when she was like six years old, and nobody gave a danm about it .
    Again, gave her a normal childhood and she would have turned out fine, like Rin but much nicer, since she has a kind natural temper
    I get what you're trying to express, but saying Sakura "would've turned out okay" if not for the whole Zouken thing is kind of like saying Shirou would've fine been if the great Fuyuki fire had never happened. The events define their character so thoroughly that they'd almost be different characters altogether without them.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, whaddya' think the odds are that Sakura's popularity is going to skyrocket (at least among secondaries) once the Heaven's Feel movies come out?

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I get what you're trying to express, but saying Sakura "would've turned out okay" if not for the whole Zouken thing is kind of like saying Shirou would've fine been if the great Fuyuki fire had never happened. The events define their character so thoroughly that they'd almost be different characters altogether without them.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, whaddya' think the odds are that Sakura's popularity is going to skyrocket (at least among secondaries) once the Heaven's Feel movies come out?

i Know, what im triying to say is that his supossed evil persona was literally created by circunstances beyond her own will . And about the popularity, well, she willl be on the frontpage for a while. The rest have yet to be seen , but i hope it will boost her . Anyway, this so called secondaries should be aware of her backstory because Zero

Anyways, Royd, whats your vote ?

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Royd's vote might as well not count; it'd be like asking a deaf person for music recommendations.

Blog Entries
    There's stories about deaf people who hang around next to the speakers at rock concerts so they can feel the vibrations.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Hmm i'd have to put my vote either on don't care or dislike.

I honestly didn't like her in HF. I felt that she was the weak link in an otherwise great story. I was much more invested in Illya, and honestly kept screaming after finding out there was no way to save her when i first played through the VN.

Hollow curbed down the dislike though. There were quite a few scenes that actually made me think she's alright, like i will say that her pool scene was great. The majority of her other scenes were inoffensive, but pretty boring. So just a neutral is what hollow bumps her up to.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

Blog Entries
    Sorry but although I really like Sakura I can see why there would be objections to her personality as it was really restricted by story purposes in exactly how it could develop, and that's not including how much her character has been dragged down by all the cash-in spin-offs (Seriously, Fate Grand Order is pretty much All the Evil's of the World by now). But still I believe her character appears worse as she is starring alongside a lot of very well-written and developed characters.

Fate Stay Night had very good writing and each character had the multiple routes over which to develop. Sakura is weighed down as, for the first two routes, she doesn't have much plot relevance apart from the abuse subplot with Shinji. So while in Fate Stay Night she can be a dry and underdeveloped character at times really when you compare her to fictional characters in similar positions to her she is quite interesting and certainly deserves more merit than she is sometimes given. Sorry but due to Fate Extra and all this other nonsense that is being released she seems to have been regulated even more to the Harem Waifu role even more and this saddens me considering that there was still potential for her development as a character as really she'd only been developed as a victim rather than a multi-faceted character.

So this character is a great character but happens to be dragged down by her characterization, I see.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    So this character is a great character but happens to be dragged down by her characterization, I see.
    Sorry, I probably didn't phrase it well, my analyses are generally massively flawed anyway sorry to be a bother

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    How Grand Order get the blame when Sakura herself not yet appear in GO, are you from the future?

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    pls learn how to make public votes
    also important fucking character etc

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    How Grand Order get the blame when Sakura herself not yet appear in GO, are you from the future?
    Sorry, I've not helped at all sorry to have been a bother but I just meant that the general lessening of the serious tones through spin-offs such as Grand Order have lead to the spin-offs following this theme of development more and more. Sorry I was more referring to the character's based off of Sakura I'm sorry for the lack of clarity in what I said sorry.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    You really spam polls don't you. I mean 4 polls, including this one, in a 2 month period. And after that poll with Kariya by enotita, or whatever his name is, this feels too close. I mean what, do you desperately wish for us to all agree with your particular view on a character?

I mean, this thread feels desperate. As if all your hopes and dreams are put on us liking or disliking a character or series or franchise or whatever. Why?

I get that you like Sakura but stuff like this and what you say here:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    I really hope UFO willl go for True , and animate it beautifully, even with extra material like they did with UBW. It will be fun to see Sakura haters triggered
    grinds away my sympathy toward you. We've already had polls from enotita obsessing over our particular views on certain characters or franchises. What's the point of this, another thread that boils down to "I must know if everyone else likes or dislikes my favorite character?"
    Last edited by warellis; May 20th, 2017 at 04:12 AM.

Blog Entries
    Is there actually such a thing as a Sakura hater though? Sorry to inquire but does anyone have a deep seated dislike of a character in Fate Stay Night? Because on the whole they appear quite well developed in my opinion even if some had a lot more restrictions on them than others. I cannot seriously accept there are such large differences in characters that anyone would hate some for being poorly developed because they are all pretty damn good. Even if they aren't good when compared to other fsn characters they still are superior in development to more average characters.

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by sherlock1110 View Post
    Sorry, I've not helped at all sorry to have been a bother but I just meant that the general lessening of the serious tones through spin-offs such as Grand Order have lead to the spin-offs following this theme of development more and more. Sorry I was more referring to the character's based off of Sakura I'm sorry for the lack of clarity in what I said sorry.
    But melt and lip were given some of the best treatment from FGO since CCC event wasn't really a comedic event? Melt was given the full heroine treatment and all that jazz, and a lot of people have said their opinions on them changed for the better. Sure you can argue that FGO has turned some characters into jokes, but not the sakura clones.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    But melt and lip were given some of the best treatment from FGO since CCC event wasn't really a comedic event? Melt was given the full heroine treatment and all that jazz, and a lot of people have said their opinions on them changed for the better. Sure you can argue that FGO has turned some characters into jokes, but not the sakura clones.
    Sorry I clearly don't properly understand this issue and should probably remain silent on it I'm sorry to have been so impudent in my claims

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I dislike her and voted as such.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sherlock1110 View Post
    the general lessening of the serious tones through spin-offs such as Grand Order
    I get this impression you don't actually know what is going on in FGO then, since it's probably more serious than FSN was.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    I get this impression you don't actually know what is going on in FGO then, since it's probably more serious than FSN was.
    I didn't mean to irritate I'm really sorry for my ignorance on such matters. As I said previously I will remain silent on such matters in the future in order to avoid ruining the discussion sorry.