Spooky Scary Counter-Guardian Balthizar's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    After much consideration, my votes are as follows:

3 points: Joanna
    2 points: Cassiopeia
    1 point: Jaromir
    Nasuverse in a Nutshell
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Gilgamesh fired weapons like rockets back in the day, Enkidu was a shapeshifting mud doll, Elizabeth Bathory had dragon blood, the origin of life is an insane giant, and vampires rule over humans in this odd way where they claim to be the apex of life and are perfect beings. Also every planet has super ultimate beings that are the apex of each planet and will one day come to Earth to rock our shit, and each of these ultimate beings are comparable to vampires.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Jeanne was speaking to the counter force and Karl was driven by aliens. And Jesus was probably Martha's imaginary friend, I'd imagine.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    votes in get your votes in
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

3 Pts: Cassiopeia
    2 Pts: Jaromir
    1 Pts: Camille

Blog Entries
    Mm...

3: Jaromir Borovoi
    2: Zhu Daiji
    1: Hildelana
    Honorable mention: Camille Treviere, Roo Ulfred Lavretsson

Will edit thoughts once I get home eheh.

Signature by fumato

Blog Entries
    3 Points: Jaromir Borovoi

2 Points: Cassiopeia

1 Point: Joanne

Expect incredibly biased, needlessly long, and possibly offensive in-depth opinion once I gather the motivation

Blog Entries
    3 pt - Jaromir

2 pt - Joanne

1 pt - ​Cassiopeia

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You
    Well thank you for all the votes. Time to count up the votes.
    Very close contest for second and third

- - - Updated - - -

Third Place is
    Spoiler:

getting 14 points.

Second is
    Spoiler:

with 15 points

And finally first is

Spoiler:

Cassiopeia

with whoping 28 points

So Express is the deserving winner of this month's contest and will choose the prompt for March.

Until then
    go make a Servant or something
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is sunny happy with the sheets born from this contest?

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Wow, thanks everybody. This was a great prompt to work with, and seeing the other creative sheets posted was even better.
    I'll try to think of a decent topic (and get to those reviews eventually).

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This was a very fun prompt, congrats Express.

Can't wait for next month's theme!
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    Is sunny happy with the sheets born from this contest?
    Very!

I worry when I come up with a prompt if it'll be interesting or too weird for everyone - so to see people enjoy it made me really happy and everyone took it in very fascinating directions! It was hard to pick top choices this month, aside from my bias towards plants and nature, because just about all of them felt very creative and very Type-Moon.

Great job, Express. ^^ Looking forward to what you pick and to rejoining next month, eheh.
    Last edited by Sunny; February 3rd, 2018 at 08:51 PM.

Signature by fumato

Blog Entries
    I didn’t win so I’m gonna be a sore loser and start trash talking everyone that did better than me to make myself feel better. As always, everything I say is absolutely true for I am the one true master. It is for this reason that I can attach arbitrary and ultimately meaningless numerical values to each sheet and not feel ashamed by how pretentious that is.

Insults and Profanity
    Adrienne Beaumont: I do like the witch theme, but I feel like there was so much more potential for her as a nature spirit. Her character isn’t exactly imaginative either. If anything, I’d say her base character is pretty dry and I think that hurts the impression she gives on people. Bonus points for Aleister FC tho. 45/100

Roo Ulfed Lavetsson: I really like Roo. He’s simple but fits well with the werewolf theme. I liked how you tied werewolf lore with witchcraft. Everything ties together well and I think you took the idea to neat places I wouldn’t have even thought of. The info from the creator’s notes is neat too; I’ll look forward to this potential fanfic. 78/100

Cassiopeia Ketas Mikrísapoikías: What can I say? Cassiopeia’s really good. Her background is creative, her abilities suitable, and the theme is cohesive. If I had gun pointed to the back of my head and I was forced to find something to criticize, I’d say that I’d sort of want to learn more about her demeanor. What kind of person is she? How does she view other people? That kind of stuff. As you yourself said, more about her personal life would be nice to have. Still, that’s only if I were a case of bad trigger discipline away from death. I think the current result is great and applaud the effort you clearly put into the sheet. 91/100

Joanne Eloise Tierpfleger: Cute wolf girl is cute. The sheet manages to mix the comedic and interesting well, giving a good grasp at the kind of character that Joanne is. The base concept around her abilities is pretty standard but how you justified it in terms of magecraft is laudable. All in all, a basic concept but with a nice character and applications behind it.
    “Yes, I'll make her brother one day. No, I'm not procrastinating, you are!”
    Shut up. I’m doing my best, dad! 84/100

Moldymort: This is exactly the kind of sheet I hate the most. The concept’s so cool that I instantly fall in love and then get upset when there isn’t more. It’s one of those situations where I suddenly feel like reverting to my infanthood and start throwing a tantrum, thrashing wildly on the floor while crying “More, More, I want more! Give me more! Write a fanfic, or something, I don’t care. WAAAGGHHHHH!!!!”. And well, that’s basically an accurate and serious summarization of my feelings towards Moldymort. You’ve applied the basic inspiration for your concept well, and that’s enough to make me like it. 65/100

Jaromir Borovoi: This isn’t fair. This has to be some sort of targeted attack at everything that I like. Ugh, it’s too bright, I can’t look directly at it!!! Dramatized but accurate depictions of my emotions aside, Jaromir is an honestly damn good concept tied to a detailed, inspiring sheet. Excellent! 95/100

Hildelana Fornes Veterkonungr: A really cool sheet. I like how you translated the Jotunn’s abilities into the field of magecraft and the overall feel of the character is charismatic and exciting. Skrymir Omdirigering kind of reminds me of Kanchome from Gash Bell, so that’s a weird image, though. Definitely super cool. 83/100

Camille Treviere: As always, I am infatuated with how you weave together your magi’s form of magecraft. However, I do think that half-ghost doesn’t fit the theme perfectly… 73/100

Zhu Daiji: Pig man is pig man. I like him. I kind of want to write a fanfic just so he can be in it. 5/7

Adlar Enoch: I wish I didn’t rush this sheet out. I feel like there’s potential in the concept that I didn’t have the time or skill to explore. ​0/100

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    7 points.

I'm sad that I lost, but I'm glad that I lost to such amazing sheets. Bravo to everyone! That being said, I really, really want to know how I got a lot of votes...

now to write more dead sheets

Execute C:\local\lib\toh.exe?
    ---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---
    summs up a lot of my ironic weeaboo circles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    people who have waifus are necessarily mentally ill

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Our winner express has decided that our topic this month will be "Angels."

stuff to get juices flowing

"An angel? What about this is like an angel?"

"The image of angels as human-like with wings has become pretty popular, but it was really influenced primarily by the images of the goddess of victory, Nike, of 4th Century Greek mythology. Angels can actually be divided into a number of lineages. In this case, it might best serve to start with an explanation of what angels really are."

Stroking his chin, my master continued to speak in a grumbling tone.

"The first are those living things which exist above and beyond myths, which have been reclassified as angels. The second are beings born from the authority of a previous master, that became angels in the process of becoming independent. There are any number of hypotheses, but the Throne you are looking at is probably closer to the former. Taking its master's Power into itself, it is an angel whose primary purpose is just to carry it."

"So it's a wheel, because it's being used to carry that Power?"

"The current interpretation is the opposite, actually. It seems likely that this angel is used to carry Power because its a wheel. Take a look at the Bible. In the writings of the prophet Ezekiel, where there is a description of his 'eyes captured by the face of a wheel shining like beryl."
    "First, let's start with the Angels you spoke of, the messengers of God. That's also correct. In fact, the Angels used in Magecraft draw their foundations from those ones. The abilities of these Angels who deliver the blessings of God are important to Magi in the modern era. Particularly, the use of Angels is currently in a state of being reinvented by modern Magi."
    In short, the system of Elements was used as a system of classification out of convenience, but starting with the rise of modern Magecraft at the end of the 19th century, that's begun to change. With the addition of the Concept of Angels to the system, they have been given a new meaning."

"A new meaning?"

"Correct."

Watching me to gauge how well I was understanding what he was saying, he continued to speak.

"The 'Vessels of Power' that a great number of people now believe in."

A Shrine is a place where God can manifest temporarily. And Angels are 'Vessels of Power.' So in this case, the relationship between the two is...

"So...does that mean the name Angel is just given to anything with an ambiguous magical nature, and are being used by magecraft?"

"Correct."

Still on the sofa, my master picked up the now long-cold tea and put it to his lips.

"Before, I mentioned that as more people believe in them, Concepts become more stable. That being the case, it wouldn't be strange for someone to think that they could use this wide spread Concept of Angels to stabilize the existence of Magecraft. Actually, if you look at a number of different magical societies, you can find many who find this way of thinking exceedingly alluring."

Putting the cup down, my master raised two fingers.

Using his fingers, he drew a pentagram in the air before him, whispering something like 'Before me Raphael, Behind me Gabriel' under his breath.

"That was what is called the Ritual of the Lesser Pentagram. It calls on the names of the Four Archangels, each representing one of the four elements, to consecrate an area or prepare for further various applications of Magecraft. Of course, something as simple as this prayer could be found easily in a magazine nowadays. Of course, rituals like this that flow throughout the world are almost all dummies, just observational, or just plain nonsense, so the Clock Tower just leaves them as they are."
    "That being said, the changes of a Concept do have an effect on Magecraft," my master murmured.

In the cup now left on the table, ripples were forming on the surface of the tea. It seemed like the ritual my master had performed was having an effect on it, even if a little late.

"Further, it may have simply all just been a part of someone's plan. Rituals that use the name of the Lord to bind demons were in abundant supply in the past. Of course, being Magi, it's not like everyone is a pious follower of Christianity. We simply made use of the universalized concept of the Name of the Lord, under which all things must submit. In recent times, its similar to how an Internet Protocol works - well, I guess that explanation would just confuse you even more. With that line of reasoning, the use of Angels was an inevitable point on the road. Compared to using the Name of the Lord, it's a much easier Concept to make use of after all."

That I understood.

The Concept of God was one that had a distinct "colour" to it. You could also call it faith. In comparison to that, Angels came in many variations, like Guardian Angels and Fallen Angels. For this reason, the kinds of rituals that could be used exploiting Angels was far greater.

And that was why my master had called it a reinvention.

"Now, the development of new Magecraft in the West is almost entirely dominated by the influence of these Angels. No, it's not actually limited to new Magecraft. It may be subtle, but the Concept of Angels almost certainly has an effect on all Magecraft. For the modern Magus, whether the goal is to make use of Angels or eliminate them, in some form they are conscious of any changes that occur in regards to them."

My master closed his eyes. Then slowly, as if sighing,

"In a way, it's safe to say that the modern Magus is in the business of collecting Angels."
    Quote Originally Posted by fragments
    "The Cardinal has making a quite terrible misunderstanding."
    "No one in the world is as knowledgeable as you are, Manaka."
    "Isn't it pretty comical? The Cardinal believes that if the Holy Grail activates, it'll summon a higher ranking existence."
    "An angel...."
    In Catholic scripture, God is absolute.
    So then what does "a higher ranking existence" point towards?
    Images of angels from a myriad of religious paintings floated into Caster's mind.

It seems to me this is a prompt where you can go easy mode or go down the rabbit hole into hardmode supreme.
    Either way, good luck.

The Submission Deadline is 03/24/2018 11:59PM PST which is also when voting will begin. The Voting Deadline is 03/31/2018 11:59PM PST.
    Last edited by You; March 22nd, 2018 at 05:57 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hoo boy, time to bust out my knowledge of weird obscure biblical stories. I think we're in for a wild ride this time.

Blog Entries
    Well, I guess it's time to break out my copy of A Certain Magical Index

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Do I join and embarrass myself, or just stay out of this one

Decisions.

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    I feel absolutely haraam.

Execute C:\local\lib\toh.exe?
    ---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---
    summs up a lot of my ironic weeaboo circles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    people who have waifus are necessarily mentally ill

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    Do I join and embarrass myself, or just stay out of this one

Decisions.
    Doooooooooooo iiiiiittt.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There is no way i will be the first sheet this time.
    Actualy, i may not even enter, angels in the nasuverse are so weird.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria