Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Make-A-Magus Contest

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Elise: Pretty cool. She's basically a contrast to Kiritsugu and an alternate take on the "Dark Hero" archetype. Her 'Magic Bullet' epithet and the way her gun Magecraft works reminds me a lot of the Der Freischutz legend, particularly the interpretation I used for my own Servant sheet of him with bullets that grant the shooter's wishes to actualize a variable effect once fired (such as exploding, tracking, elemental bursts, etc). Was that by any chance an inspiration?

Might actually enter in this myself sometime, as I have a few ideas bouncing around and the 'Spellcaster' theme lets me cut loose a bit from the nitty-gritty of Nasuverse Magi culture.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So almost two weeks in and we only have 1 entry
    is there anything else in the works? or anyone else interested
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    I'm working on something, but progress hasn't been as smooth as I'd like (only partially because of a summer job). I think I'm about 50% done with the skeleton, so I'll try to have it done somewhere this weekend.

Blog Entries
    Is a Spellcaster just any Magi who doesn't care about reaching the Root? Because I have one idea that might qualify, though now that I think about it he probably would've fit the previous theme better...

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I've been quite busy this week, I've been working on one that I should be posting sometime soon. Sunday at the latest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Is a Spellcaster just any Magi who doesn't care about reaching the Root? Because I have one idea that might qualify, though now that I think about it he probably would've fit the previous theme better...
    They don't follow the way of the magus and just use it as a tool (Kiritsugu), alternatively they just have no real training (Shirou and Sakura). They're usually minmaxed to hell and back and are real good at this one particular thing but suck at everything else.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Trying to get something done, but I'm swamped irl right now.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

マリーの味方
    Might end up passing on this one actually, so I can focus on a fic I'm writing. Plus the idea I had was sort of mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    You put this definition in the op
    Quote Originally Posted by cm3
    (A magus is a) person who posses magic circuits and can use magecraft. To distinguish Magi who do research and those who do not, the latter are called Spellcasters.

Spooky Scary Counter-Guardian Balthizar's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I'm still writing mine out. Don't worry, it'll be ready before the deadline.
    Nasuverse in a Nutshell
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Gilgamesh fired weapons like rockets back in the day, Enkidu was a shapeshifting mud doll, Elizabeth Bathory had dragon blood, the origin of life is an insane giant, and vampires rule over humans in this odd way where they claim to be the apex of life and are perfect beings. Also every planet has super ultimate beings that are the apex of each planet and will one day come to Earth to rock our shit, and each of these ultimate beings are comparable to vampires.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Jeanne was speaking to the counter force and Karl was driven by aliens. And Jesus was probably Martha's imaginary friend, I'd imagine.

Blog Entries

source

Name:
    Promachus Tuarin "PT" Barnum
    Nickname:
    The Grotesquier, Purveyor of the Peculiar, Agent of the Aberrant (all self-given)
    Height/Weight: 181/90kg

Personality:
    Fortes/Likes: Stage lighting, outsiders
    Weaknesses/Dislikes: Sourpusses, the humorless
    Natural Talents: Sleight of hand, prestidigitation, legerdemain
    Natural Enemy: Lord El-Melloi II

Magical Attributes:
    Origin: ?
    Elemental Alignment: Fire

Magic Circuits:
    Circuit Quantity: 10 (D)
    Circuit Quality: Sub-par.
    Circuit Composition: Lattice

Character:
    An entertainer to his very core. Perpetually cheerful, always smiling and never down for long, and as likely to laugh at a joke played on him as the ones he loves to play on others. An outdoorsy type of gentleman, to who age has been quite kind. Always up for a gamble or a practical joke, insisting it's all in good fun.

Biography:
    Born the second son of a family so new it had barely a century to its lineage, PT (as he calls himself) was only taught magecraft to help in rituals, but showed little aptitude for the Art. As such, he was thrown out of the family mansion in his early twenties and told to make his own name in the world.

Without much of a formal education, PT drifted through several worlds on his quest to make a (only if really necessary honest) living, picking up several tricks along the way. In the end, he found his true calling to be showmanship. The problem was that this would require having something to show besides his own (prodigious!) talents, since even he couldn't do everything alone.

For this purpose, in his late thirties he eventually started the "Travelling Giant Grotesquerie!", a travelling freak show troupe staffed by other rejects from regular society with links to the Moonlit World, and changed his original name to something more appropriate. Despite all expectations to the contrary, the troupe has managed to survive for decades already, picking up numerous new members along the way.

Of course, every once in a while he and his True Companions draw the Clock Tower's attention, but their "crimes" are usually of such low caliber the only result is having to pay the occasional fine.

Skills:
    Magecraft Related Abilities:

Illusion Magecraft
    PT has some skill with magical illusions to supplement his skill with non-magical illusions, like sleight of hand. These illusions are fairly small in scope and usually prepared quite some time beforehand. One example is giving the viewer a sudden impulse to look elsewhere, an enormously handy ability for any magician.

Mystic Codes/Familiars:
    Silk Top Hat
    A classic prop for any magician, and the one Mystic Code PT commissioned. Its function is specialized for space manipulation magecraft, allowing PT to store and later pull many things out of his hat. However, the space it can store is far from endless, and so he mainly uses it for his tricks and as an emergency wallet. Living things cannot be stored for long, or otherwise they'll experience unpleasant side-effects.

Non-Magecraft Abilities:
    Stagecraft
    The technical aspect of all sorts of production, in PT's case mainly that of a theater-like stage by arranging the scenery, the lighting, costumes, make-up, props, and much more.
    These skills come in handy whenever his troupe chooses a new place to settle down for a week or so, and need places to ply their trades.

Current members of the "Travelling Giant Grotesquerie!":
    Rex, the Wondrous Talking Dog!
    A former student of the Clock Tower's Zoology Department, who failed his graduation test. Said test consists of taking the shape of an animal successfully. Rex did this with admirable speed and finesse. However, since he was doped to his gills on the magical equivalent of Ritalin, he managed to fumble the magecraft so that it became impossible for him to turn back.
    Somehow still able to talk, even as a dog. Does not respond to, or appreciate, being called "Scooby Doo", though he will grudgingly admit to a fondness for the snacks themselves.

(Madame) Esmeralda Einzbern, the Charming Clairvoyant!
    A homunculus made by the Einzbern, custom ordered by another customer who died before the work was complete and thereafter sold for far cheaper than the usual exorbitant price. Was bought as an beautiful assistant for PT's occasional magic shows; in between, usually works as "Madame Esmeralda", predicting customers' futures by peering into her crystal ball and laying out tarot cards.

Tiny Tim
    , the Mystical Midget!
    PT's apprentice... of sorts. Tried to pick his pocket, but had his own pocket picked instead and followed PT back to the troupe, where he was quickly bamboozled into becoming the troupe's newest member. Tiny Tim (an indefinite stage name selected for him by PT) is a proportionate dwarf. Some would see this as a disadvantage, but Tim instead finds the opposite: it allows him to pass as a child with relative ease, always handy for sleight of hand. Not having a niche of his own among the crew, he found himself with something of an aptitude for magecraft, which came as a pleasant surprise to both him and his boss.

Other members include a Japanese sword juggling expert who has recently traveled with them intermittently, a small group of mediocre actors, and a seemingly perfectly ordinary ventriloquist.

Creator Remarks:
    Honestly speaking I don't think this'll win or even fits the general Type-Moon tone all that well, but it was fun to write. I was torn between making him a stage magician, a ringmaster in a circus, or the leader and point man of a freak show. In the end, I liked the ideas of Rex and Esmeralda too much to give them up or to have to rework them to work in a circus. You'll still probably notice that, because there's bits and pieces of all three thrown in.

The reason for the name is the historical figure Phineas Taylor Barnum, whose freak show/museum is also fairly well-known. He's said to be the origin of the phrase "a sucker's born every minute", though Wikipedia claims there's some doubts as to that actually being said by him.
    Last edited by NMR-3; July 14th, 2017 at 03:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    Barnum: Pretty fun all-around, though I agree with you that he doesn't quite seem to fit the usual atmosphere of the Nasuverse. On the other hand, I could see him being the kind of eccentric character that Narita would write.

Kudos on the Joseph Joestar FC, by the way.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

I don't have the source but here's a link to the original artist

Name: Rey Archedel
    Alias/Nickname/Title: N/A
    Height/Weight: 164cm/54kg
    Birthplace: United States of America

Personality
    Dislikes: Deception, Cheep Beer, Cigarettes
    Natural Talents: Lie Detector
    Natural Enemy: Odysseus aka Nobody, the King of Liars

Magical Attributes
    Origin: Painful Truth
    Elemental Alignment: Ether

Magic Circuits
    Circuit Quantity: E
    Circuit Quality: A++
    Circuit Composition: Chain

Character:
    Rey is much like other 16 year olds; sarcastic, deliberately irritating and half of his dialogue being some form of swear word. The reason behind this is that he is still a child and trying to be "Cool" by the standards of modern pop culture. However this behaviour hides a terrifying intellect, he is a master wordsmith with his actions provoking people into a reaction he wants or finding out what he wants from people with what they say… or rather what they don't say.

He also likes drinking beer and smoking in front of people. Not that he likes them, quite the opposite in fact but he does it to maintain his "Dangerous" Image. If you ask him this, he will flat out tell you just how much of a poser he really is. As a matter of fact he will never ever lie to people and has extreme difficulty not giving people 100% of the facts when asked.

Biography:
    The second son of a second son, he lived his life originally as a very minor magus as the sole heir to a no-name family. Although Rey could not really care less about magecraft and studied it because he had too, much like how parents typically "encourage" their child to practice a sport or an instrument.

Rey's Origin first started to awaken at the age of 7. It was gradual at first, noticing when people were bending the truth and telling little white fibs but it grew and grew until hearing the faintest deception set off his alarms and induced mental taxation on him, even the tiniest lies people tell each over every day became a source of great pain upon him until he snapped and ran away.

Since then he's been drifting from place to place. He once met some Ambiguously Celtic British guy and tried being a detective; however after nearly killing their first suspect because the person only told them lies for a week solid, he has left him. He's since put two and two together and realised he's far better at playing the villain or at least his conception as one but is hesitant to take that first real step.

Awakened Origin: Painful Truth

Rey is a living lie detector. He can always tell when someone is lying and feels a response proportionately; simple lies feels like a punch to the face while large and elaborate lies feels as if his intestines are being stabbed (aka really bad period cramps).
    The sensation always applies, even to him - making Rey incapable of even simple deception.

Gandr:

One of the few "Real Spells" he gained due to his partial Crest transference. Gandr is a simple curse originating from Scandinavia, which decreases the physical health of the target. Because the curse properly said is released from the caster’s index finger and the target must be within the field of vision to be aimed at, it is dubbed Gandr Shot. A Gandr with so much Magical Energy concentrated into it that becomes capable of physical interference is called Finn Shot. Rey is capable of using these to render a person unconscious with a single headshot.

Shadow Hand:

The second spell gained with his partial crest. Utilising Ether Clump by itself and not combined with another element, he can create "nothingness" and form a shadow that takes in matter in order to attempt to form matter. He uses it to wrap around his form to protect himself against incoming physical matter as well a low ranked spells. Alternatively he forms the mass into a shape around his hand and uses it to scrape away physical matter like an eraser working simultaneously offensively and defensively.

Blinken Shritt:
    Rey's third and final spell. A German spell (apparently) working on the same principle as his "Shadow Hand" by inverting his body and forcibly moving it. It wreaths him in pure magical energy and allows him to move faster than even reinforced eyes can see for a single instant. It is akin to short range teleportation.

Although his Magic Circuits are very powerful, even by the standards of the elite, he only has two which limit his overall supply greatly.

Mystic Codes:

Archedel Chain:
    The only Mystic Code belonging to Rey and one forged by himself. It is a long iron chain woven together with magecraft as well as his own blood and a rib. He is able to control it telekinetically and once wrapped around an individual it forces them to tell the truth due to the family components conceptualising his origin. It was originally a straw rope but he deconstructed it and made something "Cooler", well that and he was ripping off a certain pop culture icon badly enough already.
    Regardless of its magical traits it is still just a chain and can be broken like any other one. It can be easily repaired but injections are a pain and he only has so many bones left.

Due to not actively not practising magecraft and only really using it as a tool, he has not made any other mystic codes and not acquired familiars.

Creator Remarks:
    Wonder Woman's Lasso of Truth meets Kiyohime while all wrapped up in a teenage edgelord package straight outta the 90's and probably the edgiest guy I've made aside from Victor Frankenstein. I made the dude in a single sitting after 4 glasses of wine, a distinctly unfortunate lack of gin and remembering that Blazblue and Guilty Gear were/are a thing so I've been channelling those series through Pinot Grigo.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; July 14th, 2017 at 06:30 PM. Reason: I just realised I left his old bio in instead, oops

Blog Entries
    A YAMASODACHI Buddhist surnamed Sesshoin? Smells like trouble to me. (Warning: Some parts NSFW)

Appearance
    Name: Sesshoin Akira (切性院 秋羅)
    Alias/Nickname/Title: Aquila (アキラ)
    Horoscope: Libra
    Height/Weight: 187 cm/75 kg
    Birthplace: Japan

Personality
    Forte/Likes: Fairy tales, konpeito
    Weaknesses/Dislikes: Romance, bedrooms
    Natural Talents: Emotional therapy, counselling
    Natural Enemy: Who else?
    Image Color: Wisteria

Magical Attributes
    Origin: Succour
    Elemental Alignment: Shadow

Magic Circuits
    Circuit Quantity: D
    Circuit Quality: B
    Circuit Composition: Regular

Character
    An easy-going man dressed as a wandering Japanese monk. He seems lively in conversation, but his actual personality is more inward-looking and introverted. Basically, the type of stranger you can open up to while inebriated in a ramen store. However, while you can (and probably should) regale him with your entire life story in one sitting, he is also the type of person not to respond in kind, because discussing his way of life when he was a child will surely bring out... long-buried feelings in him.
    Another thing of note about him is his extremely low self-esteem. He goes out of his way to help others, without seeming concern to his health or well-being. One way or another, something seems fishy about this monk...

Biography
    Akira was born as the son of the Tachikawa Eiten School leader, and thus its heir. However, he was afflicted by a certain disease and bedridden until adolescence. It was not until he was sixteen years old when a doctor from Tokyo was allowed to enter the school’s grounds and tend to him, rapidly increasing his health to the point of recovery.
    --Or so the story goes.
    While Akira was indeed bedridden for most of his child life, this did not deter his inclusion in the Tachikawa school’s tantric rites, most (if not all) of which would rightly be called child molestation in modern society. Men and women from all walks of life-- parents, teachers, beggars, policemen, even politicians-- all of them freely used his body to attain gratification. Even his virginity was instantly stolen away by these degenerates once he was of age. In between these rites, his parents taught him the Sesshoin clan magecraft and passed onto him the clan Magic Crest, taking the form of a mandala on his back.
    By the time his parents contacted medical help, Akira had only thought of himself as a tool for other people to attain
    orgasm
    enlightenment
    . Meeting the doctor and being treated of his disease was the first time he had felt like a human being. This meeting changed his life so radically that, once he reached the age of eighteen, he defied the tradition of the school and left the holy grounds in order to chase after the doctor and be instructed by him. The good doctor, for his part, complied, and gave Akira food, lodging, and free access to his medical textbooks. After learning all that he could from the doctor, Akira bid him goodbye, and started his wanderings as an ascetic monk and part-time therapist.
    Presently, “Aquila”, as he is now popularly known, is an enigmatic, but highly-sought-after therapist and counselor to billionaires, politicians, and celebrities alike, who is nevertheless despised by the medical community for using unorthodox methods currently not understood by science, and for providing effective therapy for trivially low sums of money. Despite being so acclaimed, only few could guess that this normal-looking Japanese monk is the face of the man who healed the hearts of thousands.

Magecraft Related Abilities
    Akira is versed in the magecraft of the Sesshoin clan, which centers on the visualization and manipulation of the quantum space called “dreams”. To this end, he created several spells related to this in order to facilitate his role as a therapist.

• Gojo Shinkan (五城新館, Five Castle Annex): A
      spell
      medical software
      designed to scan the sensations felt by each of the five senses, namely, sight, sound, smell, taste, and touch, and then project a model of the data gathered onto the patient's dreamscape. In other words, it creates an area exposing the target’s weak points to make the dreamer aware of them. By exposing such problem areas, it becomes possible to prescribe treatment.
    • Banshoku Yutai (晩色幽体, Evening-Colored Incorporeal Body): A
      spell
      medical software
      which creates a tulpa of Akira and projects it inside the target’s dreamscape created by Gojo Shinkan. A direct method of therapy, for patients who need to be guided through extreme traumas.
    • Kongokai: Sesshoin (金剛界: 切性印, Vajradhatu: Pure Nature Mudra): The final
      spell
      medical software
      in Akira’s arsenal, used only in times of dire need. In his eight years of practice, Akira has only deployed this particular spell twice.Through the use of Banshoku Yutai, Akira engages the patient in ritual intercourse inside the dreamscape, while magnifying all of the patient’s sensations fivefold. The resulting orgasm becomes magical energy which Akira manipulates to change the target’s mental structure. This forbidden magecraft relies on the concept that “a person who has experienced bliss, cannot help but be changed by that bliss”, such as in the tale of Cendrillon, and is one of the reasons why he is currently branded a criminal by the medical community.

Non-Magecraft Abilities
    Akira possesses an unnatural charisma which attracts people to confide in him. People who lust for him, people who hate everything he is, people who have met him for the first time-- something about Akira makes these people want to confess everything about themselves to this man.

Miscellaneous Remarks:
    • Akira grew up to tales of the Thousand and One Nights, which gave him hope that his “nightly training” would have a happy ending similar to the vizier’s daughter marrying the king. He would probably be initially disappointed if he were to ever meet his idol in person, though they would most likely get along well.
    • While “Aquila” gets thousands of requests for a therapy session daily, a certain monitoring agency noticed that in his eight years of practice, 75 percent of his clientele has been male.

Creator Remarks
    Story time. GO’s CCC event inspired me into making a “genderbent Kiara” for the original Create-a-Magus thread, but I wasn’t get very far outside of doing preliminary research (ie., looking up alternate kanji to make up “Sesshoin”). I wanted to center the sheet on the Diamond Realm, seeing as OG Kiara is centered heavily around the Womb Realm (it’s even on her NP), and vajras are pretty phallic as is so it wouldn’t be out of place for a guy. The first problem of this sheet was to make up a name that was an anagram of “Kiara” (I’d made up Sesshoin pretty easily), but I managed to get through it after I remembered the “ra” in Ragyo Kiryuin. Coincidentally, that kanji is also used to spell “mandala”.

The next problem was deciding how the character would turn out. I wanted to use Kiara’s origin story, but tweaked a little bit, so that the final product could be a good person or a bad person depending on how he would interact with the environment. Hopefully I managed to show both good and bad points of this character.

The next point I wanted to tackle was the magecraft. Everyone knows that our favorite sex demon operates through the Internet, since it’s 2030 and magic is basically dead. That part got me stumped since I didn’t want to copy that. Then, while I was rewatching Paprika for nostalgia’s sake, one of the characters (probably Paprika) said that dreams and the Internet are the same since they’re both quantum spaces. So instant click, and Akira became something like an incubus. Originally I was going to emphasize that in the sheet, but decided against it.

By this point, making up the spells was a cakewalk. Just input Japanese phrases phonetically similar to Kiara’s magecraft, see what inspiration strikes. Fortunately Jisho decided to be merciful and assist in this kanjispamming endeavor.

As for the last spell, I wanted to do something similar to Kiara’s infamous CCC NP. Wikipedia describes Vajrayana Buddhism (iirc, cmiiw) as describing enlightenment being akin to a thunderbolt, as in it’s a sudden flash of inspiration. Equating that with orgasm, which OG Kiara equates with Sukhavati, was pretty easy. I tried to justify that part with an explanation I basically stole from You’s Cinderella sheet (hence the Cendrillon reference despite Akira not being a Perrault fan), just slightly reworded. Hopefully the meaning comes across intact.
    The elemental alignment and Origin were actually just tacked on, but I tried to make them as meaningful as possible.
    One other problem was the FC. Originally I was going to go with something that resembled OG Kiara more, but I remembered that Miroku from InuYasha was a thing, and he just kinda fit the whole image I had of Akira, so I just had to use that.
    So yeah, thanks for reading through all this stilted rambling, and I hope you derived at least some enjoyment from reading my entry. Cheers.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I have to say I'm liking all the entries so far, it's going to make voting harder though...

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Name: Renato Maiar
    Alias/Nickname/Title: Averaged to One
    Birthplace: Germany
    Appearance:

Personality
    Forte: Relationships
    Weaknesses: Relationships
    Natural Talents: Performances, Politics
    Natural Enemy: Hans Christian Anderson

Magical Attributes
    Origin: Binding
    Elemental Alignment: Earth, Wind, Ether

Magic Circuits
    Circuit Quantity: B
    Circuit Quality: B+
    Circuit Composition: Simple

Character:
    An amicable young man that freely offers assistance to those around him. Such a magi is naturally suspicious but if asked why, answers as to how his assistance will benefit both in the future are easily given. Indeed the reasoning is so natural that people afterwards often wonder why they overlooked something so obvious. In truth....well things are pretty much the same. While he cannot be said to be an upright individual, to end alliances with both parties feeling better off is something he is very good at.

While he does aim for a certain level of theatrics and comfort in his personal life, in work he freely adjusts to the situation and environment to achieve the best result. When the two intertwine however, is when he is most unpredictable.

Biography:
    "Let me tell you about the time I ran into
    Blackbeard
    Edward Teach
    in a comic shop."

In the Age of Sub-Species Grail Wars, a new but integral profession was born to stem the damage of clashing magi and legends. Preservers are a subset of Spellcasters that aim to harvest the aftermath of these skirmishes and collect the codes and crests of those who have died. In general most magi look especially down on these
    Carrion-Eaters
    mercenaries
    as storing irreplaceable crests before entering something as dangerous as a Grail War has become common sense. Despite this, in practice, there are no small number of magi who seek to gain an advantage by risking their crests for the chance to gain the large amounts of magical energy that a Grail War can supply. Furthermore those in such a profession are frequently in the eyes families that have lost members to the wars as well as the Clocktower's faculty of law due to the ease in which such a profession can be abused. Still some spellcasters do eke out a profitable living from this job, though few can stand the job for long.

One of the exceptions is Renato Maiar, who has earned a reputation of reliability as a Preserver. Of course even the most skilled Preserver cannot offer any true guarantee of success when dealing with a clash of Heroic Spirits, but for any family desperate enough to put their Crest on the line, reserving a Preserver is a necessary measure in case of failure. Renato is one that has enjoyed an above average measure of success in recovering treasured crests and codes for the simple reason that rather than wait on the edges of the wars til their conclusion like any reasonable spellcaster, he will instead infiltrate the area while the ritual takes places and harvest then. Refraining from anything as overt as physical interference magecraft, while conducting heavy research on participants and the environment beforehand is the key to his surviving such foolhardiness. The most he will normally allow himself to use is a minor internal spell constructed to prevent him from accidentally becoming bound to the war.

As such he mainly relies on utterly mundane but advanced equipment so that no magi, or god forbid, Caster class Servant will detect him. Furthermore so as to prevent any identification, his look is physically changed before entering the area by using magecraft to change his bone structure and normal cosmetics to further alter appearances.

Of course all Preservers act with the basic concept of never coming into direct contact with a Master or Servant during a War and Renato is no exception to this rule, steadfastly following the objective of only seeing a Servant through the scope of a lens.

Even with these precautions, the danger that his role must brave is immense for one with only human power. Furthermore, it is unknown why this spellcaster has chosen to enter such a dangerous field without even aiming for the reward that has drawn so many magi to war. Looking to the past, it appears that following the Adra Castle incident, the Istari family and the allied Maiar branch underwent some internal conflict. While it is not rare for even allied families to come into conflict, it is said that the families were especially close in this generation.

"Stone and Core. Binding all five elements. Teamwork can be scarier than any
    Average One
    monster
    , don't you think Heine?"

Casted Core: The heart of the his line's magecraft, which stemmed from the Istari's Living Stone but chose to progress in a opposing direction. While the Istari may aim to construct external arms of high quality, the Casting Core instead acts on the holder's body to increase the body's capabilities. In simple terms, it integrates itself in a manner like that of a Crest, slowly intertwining itself with the body. It is common practice for the Maiar to use the core to better adjust themselves when the time for crest transfer to occur as well as the simplify the lengthy adjustment process. In combat, abilities similar to shapeshifting and reinforcement are common. While most of this is known outside of the family, it is believed that, like a crest, the core cannot be simply implemented into another outside of their line. This is patently false, though the pretense is gladly encouraged by the family. That is until a single notable exception.....

Aiode Troupe: While the Casted Core can be implemented into the bodies of others, uses are limited. In the case of magi, trying to control their functions is impractical due to natural magical resistance interfering with transference of instructions. Normal humans are much simpler but even so control of these individuals is too difficult to be done manually and usage of wraiths to bypass this causes rapid spiritual breakdown. A comprise was reached where preset actions are loaded and if transferred to magi can still be implemented, though those with non standard body functions are able to resist this.

Renato normally uses this against magi by restricting circuits and none vital muscle systems, but actually implementing a core to the most effective areas (such as the base of the neck) in combat is difficult.

Loqui Echo: When infiltration requires greater levels of practice than Renato possess, this is used in conjunction with 'Aiode Troupe' to record needed bodily reactions and transfer them to Renato. This places greater stress on the body which increase the more he performs personal actions that conflict with the recording. Even circuit usage can be affected due to how it can interfere with the body. This spell was constructed while devising 'Persephone Rest' and showed little use by Renato afterwards until his first visit to a island nation in the east.....

Persephone Rest: Using the Core, all bodily functions are record at a preset time. After being invoked, a silent period where crest functions are suppressed is maintained for a stated time or until crest/body functions are at their limit. Following this, natural crest regenerative properties are focused on restoring mental faculties first following core blueprints, at which point expansion to further parts of the body can be determined.

As preparation for the worst situation, Renato devised this spell to create a state of temporary death for when retreat and combat is impossible.

Narcissus Perform: Simple action of modifying the body's physical structure to a chosen form. Weight does not alter but form can be freely adjusted to appear otherwise. In order to prevent mental interference and perspective disassociation, safety recording of original form is made.

His main spell for infiltration, normally used before entering his role as a Preserver so that traces of magecraft can subside. But if he detects that he is being targeted by the Grail War System as a potential master, this spell can be modified to give a false positive as an already existing master. Such a spell is vital for a preserver that chooses to enter an ongoing War.

Mystic Codes/Familiars:
    Cell-Phone: A nameless code that is more of a modified mobile phone than anything unique, function is no different to a unusually small high-end satellite phone meant to avoid both magical and mundane tapping. Incorporates some basic gemcraft following a ritual patented by a family from the east.

Casted Color Coat: A white coat with a garish underlying of shifting colors. Despite the unique appearance, this craft essense is only supplementary, designed by a past head of the Maiar to make the wearer's body more acclimated to changes thereby streamlining the effects of their magecraft.

Non-Magecraft Assets:
    High end Surveillance equipment: a variety of equipment gained through associations with like-minded spellcasters and other mercenary types.
    Photograph of 3 children: Two have blond hair and apparent siblings (older brother/ younger sister), the other child has black hair with a white lock and is muffling the brother's hair while the sister tries to stop him.

Creator Remarks:
    Something that was sparked by the Apocryha anime starting up. While I don't know if Nasu is going to expand on the F/AP worldline, coming up with a new profession that popped up as a result of the sub species grail wars interested me. And then I thought why not throw in some Case Files in as well since Waver somehow ended up in the same position in both worlds.

Blog Entries
    Appearance

Name: Nozawa Heiji
    Height/Weight:
    Birthplace: Unknown

Personality
    Forte/Likes: None in particular
    Weaknesses/Dislikes: None in particular
    Natural Talents: None in particular
    Natural Enemy: None in particular
    Image Colour: Colourless

Magical Attributes
    Origin: Coincidence
    Elemental Alignment: Water

Magic Circuits
    Circuit Quality: D
    Circuit Composition: Normal

Character:
    An expressionless man with no emotions. He is not so much a man as a body with neither feelings nor ambitions. Having lost his one sole purpose, he simply continues to live without considering his future, quietly awaiting a new goal in life to be given to him.

At first, he seems like a serious and strict person, but he’s actually nonchalant and lenient towards others. His speech is brief and frank. He neither hides his thoughts nor shares them. If asked, he will do anything requested of him. The murder of another person or even himself is included. He does not see murder or other similar crimes as unjust. The one thing he considers injustice is a tool that does not fulfill its function. And so, he himself was the greatest sinner.

He holds no attachment to magecraft. To him, his spell was nor more special than a martial arts technique or weapon. It was like him, an isolated existence with a single function and no further connections to anything bigger. In the end, he truly was nothing but a tool in human form, who only knows how to serve others.

Biography:

This is a story that should sound familiar. There was an organization that raised young children to become professional assassins. The children were raised isolated from society, within their own private enclosures in forests or mountains. Though the members of the organization were not Magi, they knew of the existence of magecraft. They, however, saw it as nothing more than a potential tool for gain. Instead of dedicating their lives to it, they simply did business with certain Magi and used their connections with magecraft when suitable.

One child who had magic circuits at birth was to be trained into a spellcaster for the sake of assassination. He was taught a single spell and did nothing but practice using that spell within his allotted ten square meters. His magic circuits and inherent talent was average but he continued to practice that single spell for twenty years. Knowledge on living as a human was unnecessary and so he was taught only the bare minimum. The organization operated on a “one assassin, one kill” policy, so once he had accomplished his duty, he would not need knowledge on how to live after that.

Despite these conditions, he did not feel that he had been wronged in any way. He was a tool. His purpose was to complete his function as a tool. He knew nothing in life but the one spell he had been taught. After twenty years of training, he had mastered it. Speed, accuracy, effectiveness, everything about the spell had been brought to a level where it could only be considered perfect. Finally, the day where his function was to be fulfilled came. He was given two specific orders:

• Kill the target, no matter what.
    • Once you have killed the target, kill yourself.

Other than those two orders, he was given a false identity to get close to the target and the false name, Nozawa Heiji. Since he was to be discarded after the mission, he was instructed to not contact the organization afterwards. The preparations were perfect. The target had many layers of defenses but the man’s years of training allowed him to get past them. He could secure the kill easily… but he was unable to in the end. Just as he got to the target, the target was killed by someone else. Another assassin from another organization had eliminated the target mere moments before the man arrived. Before he could accomplish his one function in life, it had been stolen away.

The man was unsure of what to do. He had not accomplished his function. He had been instructed to kill himself after killing the target, but he hadn’t killed the target at all. Everything had gone to waste. The twenty years of training. The single spell. Any anticipation of that moment where his purpose would be fulfilled was broken.

So, then, what was he supposed to do? What had he spent those years for?

He could not find an answer. So he continued to live without a purpose. He became Nozawa Heiji, a normal businessman for a run-of-the-mill company. The organization assumed that he was the one who killed the target and did not look into the matter any further. Just like that, his life came to an end and he allowed himself to rot away, a tool that had never completed its function.

Xū:
    The single spell Heiji knows. It is a spell with its origins from oriental magecraft. The spell carries the ability to empty or erase a target. Its original function was to dispel harmful effects such as curses. However, experimentation found that the spell, on a large enough scale, could affect the life of the target as well. Due to twenty years spent on perfecting this spell alone, Heiji can use it to kill, making the target an empty shell of a body.

To use the spell, one must place one’s palm on the target’s body. Normally, using the spell to erase the target’s life, would require a long period of usage and concentration, maintaining contact all the while. However, Heiji’s mastered version is near instantaneous. Not to mention, he has trained so that he can execute the spell from a fast palm strike. Since the target is emptied, there are no traces of mage craft or external injuries. It can only be said to be a perfect spell for assassination.

Non-Magecraft Abilities:

Assasination:
    Trained in the art, he is able to get past traditional security defenses and to approach the target without emitting bloodlust. While he is not properly trained in martial arts, he is physically trained to execute his spell properly. His palm strike technique has been perfected as well, able to execute a fast strike without any unnecessary movements, having a focus on speed over power.

Creator Remarks:
    Nothing to see here. Just magic Kuzuki. I heard spellcasters were minmaxers so I went with the ultimate minmax character I could think of.
    Last edited by zikari8; July 23rd, 2017 at 09:50 PM.

Spooky Scary Counter-Guardian Balthizar's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Name: Feyam al-Sharim
    Alias/Nickname/Title: The Crying Guerrilla
    Height/Weight: 172cm/75kg
    Birthplace: A certain country in the Middle East

Appearance:

Personality
    Forte/Likes: Brief moments of peace
    Weaknesses/Dislikes: Extremes in ideologies and methods
    Natural Talents: Listening to other people’s problems, mathematics
    Natural Enemy: Kirei Kotomine

Magical Attributes
    Origin: Dissociation
    Elemental Alignment: Earth

Magic Circuits
    Circuit Quality: C++
    Circuit Composition: Compartmentalized

Biography:
    Feyam al-Sahrim is the second person in his family to be born with Magic Circuits. Born in a war-torn nation of religious fanaticism to a mother who was unaware of her own magical potential, Feyam was born frail and weak. His mother, desperate to keep her only child alive, sought out every doctor she could, but they all told her the same thing: that his illness could not be cured with the medicine they had available, and that he had only a few short weeks to live. Feyam’s mother took him home and held his tiny body tightly in her arms and begged with all her heart for him to live over and over again. As she did so, through the power of her own will and desperation, she unconsciously mustered up all the Magical Energy in her feeble Magic Circuits and flooded it into Feyam’s body and filling it with life and vigor. The infant Feyam opened his eyes and smiled at his mother.

As the years passed, Feyam grew into a spirited young boy that was rarely seen without a smile on his face. His mother, who had gradually come to realize the nature of her power, began to teach him how to use his own power to heal others as well. “Remember, Feyad: this power is something that only we possess, and that imposes upon us an obligation to help others in ways that nobody else can.” Armed with this ideology, his mother made it her duty to become a healer who would help those in need regardless of who they were. As her reputation as a mystic healer began to spread, word of her supernatural feats soon reached the ears of the religious militant faction that held the nation in its grasp. Eventually, they came for her: a group of masked men armed with guns and swords kicked in the door of their small house and dragged her and her son outside. Held at gunpoint and with a sword at her neck, the men demanded that she confess to consorting with demons and that her son was the spawn of the devil. When she refused to speak, they beat her. Feyam, who was being restrained by one of the men, was helpless to stop them no matter how much he struggled and begged. When they finally stopped beating her, they demanded once again that she confess. She responded, “I am just a woman that wants to help where I can, and my son is my little angel.” And with that, the swordsman standing at her side decapitated her in a single stroke. Feyam watched in horror as his mother’s head slowly toppled from her shoulders before hitting the sandy ground with a dull thud. Then everything turned white. When he regained his senses, Feyam was surrounded by the horribly mangled corpses of the men, and with his entire body was painted red. As he fell to his knees sobbing, the words that his mother taught him floated through his mind. “We have an obligation to help others in ways that nobody else can.” As he cradled his mother’s lifeless body in his arms, he resolved himself to help others by preventing his own cursed fate from befalling anyone else, even if that meant bringing about an end to the extremists that plagued his country.

Over the next few years, Feyam traveled throughout the country joining up with various mercenary groups, bandits, militias, and freedom-fighters in an attempt to learn everything he could about combating the militant extremists. However, each of these groups voiced the same criticism of him: he was too soft. Although they all valued his skill as a healer, his overly empathetic nature and unwillingness to kill nearly cost each of them greatly on several occasions. Not wanting to be a hindrance to any of them, he attempted to find a way to allay his issue but in a way that didn’t compromise his integrity. After a long period of gradual self-reflection, he discovered that he could “detach” specific aspects of his personality as a form of self-suggestion resulting in new personalities and perspectives capable of devoting themselves to particular skill-sets and abilities that Feyam would not be able to accomplish on his own. Armed with these new aspects, Feyam quickly became a force to be reckoned with. Although any mage would consider him to be small-fry beneath their notice, he has become a nightmare to the members of the group that controls his country.

Character and Magecraft Related Abilities:
    Feyam has four personalities each with their own set of skills and wielding a single basic form of magecraft. Three of these personalities are formed by temporarily discarding specific aspects of his personality.

Feyam the Healer:
    This is Feyam’s base personality. A kind and friendly young man, Feyam is empathetic to a fault. Being highly emotional, he laughs when others laugh, cries when the people around him cry, and he becomes frustrated at other people’s frustration. He is quick to quell an argument between friends and to provide a listening ear to those who need it. If things had been different, he might have grown to become a skilled therapist or diplomat. The only spell in his arsenal is the rudimentary healing magecraft that his mother taught him all those years ago. Simple, yet effective. He has saved the lives of many friends and allies with this spell.

Feyam the Manipulator:
    At first, this version of Feyam seems no different than his “Healer” aspect. Perhaps a bit more charming and articulate, but he appears to be nothing more than the same kind Feyam that everybody knows. This could not be further from the truth. By discarding his sense of “Empathy,” Feyam becomes a conniving sociopath with very little regard for the well-being of others except when it benefits him. This version of Feyam has a way with words and is particularly skilled at getting others to do what he wants. He usually takes on this personality in situations that require a bit of social finesse such as infiltration, interrogation, or negotiation. His brand of magecraft is a form of low-level hypnosis for when he needs a little added persuasive power.

Feyam the Onlooker:
    After the removal of his empathy, Feyam then goes one step further and removes his sense of “Subjectivity.” His Onlooker personality is now noticeably different from his base personality; cold, emotionless, logical, and ruthless to the point where he unnerves his own allies. Feyam uses this aspect of himself for extended periods of time either while he is in combat or while planning out an attack strategy. With his abilities of thought-acceleration and mental partitions, he is capable of many amazing feats. He can determine the most efficient plan of attack while considering multiple possibilities and contingencies at once, he can take the roll of an effective sniper without the need of a spotter by performing multiple high-level mathematical calculations in his head, he can defeat nearly anyone in close-quarters combat by slowing his perception of time and predicting nearly any move his opponent makes in advance, and keep track on several targets at once while wielding akimbo firearms. He is certainly a great asset for any team he is on, provided that you don’t get yourself injured during combat lest he leave you to die.

Feyam the Survivor:
    This is the aspect of Feyam after discards everything that he is: his past, his future, even the very concept of his own “Identity.” Feyam only enters this state when finds himself in a situation where his death is guaranteed whereupon he is reduced to nothing more than a machine with only one goal: to survive no matter the cost. In this state, Feyam gains access to a constantly activated form of reinforcement magecraft on his entire body granting him strength, speed, and endurance far beyond what should be possible for a normal human. He can crush concrete with his bare hands, overturn large military vehicles with little effort, shrug off most small arms fire with relatively minor injuries, hear the shot from a sniper several kilometers away, and have the speed necessary to dodge it after it has been fired. However, remaining in this state for extended periods of time rapidly drains him of his supply of Magical Energy, so he is limited to this state for only a few minutes at a time. After he reverts back to his ordinary self, he has been witnessed weeping over the carnage that he has caused in the aftermath of his rampage.

Non-Magecraft Abilities:
    Feyam has picked up many practical skills from his time spent among mercenaries and militia. He has excellent aptitude with most firearms with sniper rifles and sidearms being preferred. He is proficient in most forms of CQC with an emphasis on brutal strikes and joint locks. He has also more rarely been witnessed utilizing various traps from tripwires to claymore mines to great effect. However, he is rather reluctant to utilize any of these techniques while his base personality is in control.

Creator Remarks:
    My original concept for this character was for an early-generation Atlas mage that compensated for his lack of heritage by creating multiple personalities that each specialized in a different form of magecraft. After reworking this concept to fit the “spellcaster” theme, I had trouble thinking of a spellcaster that wasn’t also a mercenary like we’ve all seen so many times before. I wanted to see if I could somehow make a scientific researcher that used magecraft as a means of exploring more mundane sciences, but I thought that would defeat the purpose of the “no research” rule that spellcasters have, so I decided not to risk it and went with a mercenary/vigilante spellcaster. Hopefully it’s not too generic, but I personally think I did a good job.
    Last edited by Balthizar; July 24th, 2017 at 09:33 PM.
    Nasuverse in a Nutshell
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Gilgamesh fired weapons like rockets back in the day, Enkidu was a shapeshifting mud doll, Elizabeth Bathory had dragon blood, the origin of life is an insane giant, and vampires rule over humans in this odd way where they claim to be the apex of life and are perfect beings. Also every planet has super ultimate beings that are the apex of each planet and will one day come to Earth to rock our shit, and each of these ultimate beings are comparable to vampires.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Jeanne was speaking to the counter force and Karl was driven by aliens. And Jesus was probably Martha's imaginary friend, I'd imagine.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Last day to get submissions in!
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I think I'll shoot for a submission.

Edit: Ah, got nothing fully-formed, so I won't send anything.
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; July 24th, 2017 at 07:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    So, can we start voting?