Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 478910111419 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Make-A-Magus Contest

Blog Entries
    Congrats to the winners. Everyone did really well this time around, I was impressed with every single sheet and choosing was super difficult.

And gosh, Sunny. First the last Servant contest and now here. Is your plan to always be first and start us off with a bang? That's unfair. I demand you reflect on your actions!

Blog Entries
    I didn't vote because I was too lazy to do so, but Zuizan displayed the kind of creativity I expected from the prompt. Not that the others weren't creative in their own ways, mind you (Sunny's and Hermes' sheets stand out in particular), but I made the theme deliberately vague enough so that entries like "magi who were cursed", "curses that took human form (a la You's Icecolle from Cursed Cold Colle)", etc. could all be valid entries. Congrats to a well-deserved win.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I never expected to win anything so I'm just happy people voted for my entry(s) at all. Much thanks goes to World-0 and Balthizar for giving Platina their first place spot, which I genuinely did not expect. Love you guys!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zikari8 View Post
    Congrats to the winners. Everyone did really well this time around, I was impressed with every single sheet and choosing was super difficult.

And gosh, Sunny. First the last Servant contest and now here. Is your plan to always be first and start us off with a bang? That's unfair. I demand you reflect on your actions!
    E-Eh? I'll try to take longer...!

It's probably bad of me. ^^; I tend to insist on finishing in one sitting, which is why I end up dropping a day 2 sheet all the time, then agonizing over being so premature and waiting anxiously for the next extrant, eheh.

Signature by fumato

Blog Entries
    Not even a mention of my two sheets, and I even created two stories that complete themselves... well, next time I'll have to work harder
    Last edited by Criarino; October 2nd, 2017 at 12:34 PM.
    My servants and mages
    Sorry, my english sucks

Things

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Incidentally, my idea of encouraging someone is to kidnap them, starve them, and then spend hours a day slapping their bound and gagged body with my penis.

Greatest battle in history
    He-man x Shiki Satsujinki

I love the internet

OH GOD SO CUTE

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Our winner, the prolific Daneel Rush has given me me a prompt for the next contest. It's as follows:

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush

Magi have many ways of inflicting harm on others, including the staples of fantasy: balls of flame, conjured creatures, animated objects, hexes, or even superpowered kung-fu. There's got to be some magi, however, lacking the fortune of an elemental affinity or magic crest granting them a straightforward means of offensive magecraft. So, show me unconventional ways to kill using magecraft. More importantly, show me the magi whose circumstances have pushed them into developing such methods.

It's a pretty broad topic. So he graciously supplied some examples of what "unconventional" here might mean.

* A healer who can elicit immune responses in the bodies of her victims (organ rejection), effectively causing their self-destruction.
    * A serial killer magus whose only ability is projecting her voice and changing how it sounds, so she drives her victims to suicide by talking to them. Constantly. All the time. From every direction. Even from inside their own heads.
    * A perfumer whose magecraft is changes a person's chemistry so it emits specific scents. So she makes her victims exude an odor that makes animals attack them.
    * A magus who can mess with people's face recognition. So, if he wants to kill person X, he makes person Y hate him with murderous passion, and then makes it so that, to person Y, person X looks like himself. Or he just drives people mad by making their faces in the mirror look like the person they hate the most.
    * A magus who can (somehow) make his victim believe he is in a Groundhog's Day loop, and thus can get away with anything.
    * A magus who can (somehow) make his victim think itself and believe itself stronger/smarter/handsomer/whatever that it actually is, until it gets itself killed by biting more than it can chew.
    * Thaumaturgical systems are rules embedded upon the World through a ritual and fomented by faith in their mystery. A certain clan developed a variation that allows for a lesser, simpler rule (for example, X must die) to be ingrained in a similar manner. The rule is eventually rejected by the World, but if it's simple enough and non-threatening to the World at large, by the time it is removed by the World, it has already achieved the desired effect.

Good Luck

The Submission Deadline is 11/23/2017 11:59PM PST which is also when voting will begin. The Voting Deadline is 11/30/2017 11:59PM PST.
    Last edited by You; November 1st, 2017 at 01:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    * A magus who can (somehow) make his victim think itself and believe itself stronger/smarter/handsomer/whatever that it actually is, until it gets itself killed by biting more than it can chew.
    PCP MAGIC
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Contest over. Next prompt, please.

Blog Entries
    I wonder, would killing someone by overloading their mind with pleasure count as "unconventional" enough? Had a character in mind who kills like that and it was a toss up between making them a Hassan or a mortal magi. With this contest going on I might just go with the latter...

Blog Entries
    Ah, so your idea for this prompt is Kiara Sesshouin?
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

Blog Entries
    Ah, so your idea for this prompt is Kiara Sesshouin?
    You're right there is a similarity (can't believe I didn't notice that), but I think my idea is different enough to be interesting.

You can think of it as Kiara if she were a martial artist and genuinely altruistic (in a twisted way) towards humanity rather then a solipsist...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    You're right there is a similarity (can't believe I didn't notice that), but I think my idea is different enough to be interesting.

You can think of it as Kiara if she were a martial artist and genuinely altruistic (in a twisted way) towards humanity rather then a solipsist...
    So she punches them until they feel good... That is rather unconventional

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So much for my alchemy/biology combo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    Contest over. Next prompt, please.
    asterism, you're up

please talk to me about your OCs Saron's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm debating on revamping an old magus sheet I made eons ago about a magus with arms made of volcanic glass or try making the Nasuverse equivalent of Heavy Weather. Either way it'll be a blast and fun to do. Best of luck to us all!
    My thirst for Antonio grows by the second.

Man...

I Make Servants, Some Of Which Are Tragedies

You have no chance, for I have turned you into a snail.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Nope, that's still just Kiara

Like, her whole motivation in CCC is SAVE PEOPLE WITH ORGASMS

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Express View Post
    You have no chance, for I have turned you into a snail.
    The lost True Magic.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zikari8 View Post
    So she punches them until they feel good... That is rather unconventional
    But isn't that just S&M
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!