Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1419222324252629 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Make-A-Magus Contest

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    three is enough

- - - Updated - - -

better than 2 1 or 0
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Voting begins now then?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Still no official confirmation, but it's almost the end of the month so I'm just going to vote now.

3 points
    : Beatrix Wojnicz

2 points: Sacha Engti-Gvozdenzuba

1 point: Echera Samarn

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's a shame what happened to this month's contest. I've never been part of one as I'm terrible at writing completely new characters and I'm never satisfied with my ideas but I really like reading the created characters from here.
    Create-a-Mage really allows for pure creativity from a mechanical standpoint and I really admire that. Anyway heres my votes. I voted in what I thought where the most interesting ESP power and usage. Echera Samarn is a really interesting sheet from a flavor standpoint nicely tying ESPs with the Magi pursue of the root, but I didn't really care for the characters and the creation of the ESPers. Sacha flavor is nothing really important but I do enjoy his specific ESP power. Full disclosure, I did not read Daneel's fanfic in Beatrix' sheet, but the combination of power and character pushed her into the first place.
    It was only 3 sheets (and supposedly one more that Sunny deleted) but those 3 were very high quality.

3 points: Beatrix Wojnicz

2 points: Sacha Engti-Gvozdenzuba

1 point: Echera Samarn

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Blog Entries
    3 points - Echera Samarn

2 points - Beatrix Wojnicz

1 point - Sacha Engti-Gvozdenzuba

JP Friend Code
    Oh, were people not voting before now because they were waiting for someone to fire a starting pistol for them? You were told when the contest started that voting begins as soon as submissions close, right? And here I thought it was because people were having a hard time choosing, or felt awkward having to rate just three entries. Anyways, these were fun to read, so thank you for taking the time to write them. I can't promise any particularly well thought out or articulated feedback, but I suppose I'll just say what I liked.

3 Points: Echera Samarn. Really cool sheet. Arranging it like a report gives it a nice in-story outside viewpoint that really helped sell the character while maintaining some mystery. I liked those bits about the haystack and Newtypes New Kind. My experience with Gundam stuff is rather minimal (I enjoyed playing one of the games when I was a child and saw a few episodes, but that's about it) so any less-than-obvious references will have flown right over my head, but I liked it nonetheless.

2 Points: Beatrix Wojnicz. Her ability is cool and I liked the implementation, the way it ties into her magic, especially the paper familiars. I honestly can't think of much to say that isn't obvious, liked the character, enjoyed the story at the end. I can't entirely determine why I'm rating this below Echera, but I suppose at the end of the day it's just down to subjective preferences.

1 Point: Sacha Engti-Gvozdenzuba. It would be redundant to say I thought it was cool, right? Like with Echera, I found the report-like aspects appealing, particularly the references to real-life parapsychology and the doctors notes. The idea of the US government messing around with magic and psychics and porting over people from Russia to experiment on is neat too. The ability is neat, and he's a good bit more understandable and sympathetic than those scary weirdos above. I feel that this would have still been a strong contender even if there were loads of other entries.

Looking forward to the next one in September.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    3pts: Echera Samarn

2pts: Sacha Engti-Gvozdenzuba

1pt: Beatrix Wojnicz
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Rather disappointing contest this month in terms on turnout. I hope after the Servant contest we can do a bit better in terms of entries.
    Thank you very much to everyone who submitted something this month. You're the reason why we can continue to have things like these. Also to Zikari8 for the great prompt.
    So the results for the first Make-a-Magus contest of Season 2.
    And yes, voting begins as soon as the submission process ends.

Second Place
    Sacha Engti-Gvozdenzuba = 8 points

First Place (Tied)
    Beatrix Wojnicz and Echera Samarn = 11 points

So I'll contact Daneel and Bloble towards the end of this month about next month's prompt.

I hope we'll be able to have a better showing too.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think the problem with this contest is that, even with You's kind explanation, just not enough people understood how psychic powers worked in the Nasuverse or what set them apart from garden variety Magecraft (for instance, Shiki's MEODP are apparently a form of psychic power, but plenty of Mages have Mystic Eyes without being labeled as psychics). Next time, a simpler prompt that's easier to understand would probably be better.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Even the results' announcement was plain this time, lol.

Anyway, my gratitude goes to zikari for the challenging prompt, and to gyrowins and Bloble for participating. It was really tough to reach the "eureka" moment that gives birth to an idea. I kinda liked that.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    I'll pass along the win to Daneel. I don't feel like my Haman expy really deserved first place.

FABRICATED HISTORICAL CRISIS SYNDROME gyrowins's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It really would have been nicer to have more entries, but c'est la vie I suppose.

Hear me now, O heart of the World:
    Light of Man, Dawn of Life
    Reaching Antiquity, Seizing the Future
    I call upon the stories of heroes long forgotten
    With this hand I will make thee whole.
    Hear me now, God of Prophecy,
    I take up thy Mantle:

Virgilius Musagetes
    Chorus of the Incarnate Dawn

Servant List

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This months contest starting soon?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sorry about that.
    I had a family thing today.

So the winner of last month's contest, Daneel, chose this prompt for us this month.

The topic this month will be Books. The wise wizard surrounded by arcane tomes is a classic fantasy trope, and so is the tome of knowledge and/or power, from the classic wizard's grimoire to the Necronomicon. We've already had a librarian magus, and my Beatrix from last time also lightly dabbled into a rather famous codex, so this is nothing new already. And that's precisely your challenge: I want to see Nasuverse magi whose prowess is centered on mystical tomes in some awesome, creative way. Good luck!
    There are some interesting things in TM about books and grimoires. Of course, the Book of False Attendant or Prelati's Spellbook. But there's also uses of the concept of books and the technology behind them as well in magecraft.

Alba didn't even have the time to try and puzzle out the cat's nature.
    "Repeat ... !"
    With a tearing sharpness, Alba repeated his spell.
    The stairs erupted into flames. But this time the cat didn't even stop. It raced straight towards the mage as if saying it had already gotten used to this kind of fire.
    "Repeat!"
    Once again the sea of flame roars up, and disappears.
    The cat was already nearing the top of the stairs.
    "Repeat!"
    The fourth conflagration ended meaninglessly as well.
    Once the black cat reached the second floor, it went up to Alba and opened up its mouth. The body of the cat, which was as big as a man, opened up from head to toe. As if opening a treasure chest with the crown of its head as a lid.
    Inside of the flat, planar cat, the corpses of the protoplasmic creatures it had swallowed earlier are pasted like mud.
    Alba realized only then. That this thing was only taking the shape of a cat, and that it was an organism that had only a mouth.
    "Repeat --- !"
    With death in front of his eyes, terror makes him repeat his final spell.
    But before that, the shark's mouth in the body of a cat closes down upon the mage. When it swallowed him whole with his red coat, Alba lost consciousness.
    Quote Originally Posted by repeat magic craft essence
    A revolution in spell-casting!
    These old farts are seriously stubborn.
    Printing technology has ruined mystery, communications technology has poisoned mystery?
    Copy, repeat, that's totally fine by me! Like these words being propagated by a vulgar crowd, spell-casting, too, one time should be enough!
    There are a lot of a famous books magical books out there too as Daneel pointed out.
    So due to how creative one can be with his prompt, I hope for a strong show this month of September.

Submissions will end 22nd September 11:59 pm
    Voting begins 23rd September 12:01 am
    Voting will end 30th September 11:59 pm
    Pacific Standard Time.

Sounds neat, good luck folks

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    ”We Grammatica follow the ancient right of hereditary service. You may think us weak for relying so heavily on the past, but let me ask you this; Have you ever felt the support of a thousand years of purpose? Of knowing that all your forefathers before you wanted this for you, and that they will aid you every step of your way so long as you remember them?

No? Then let me tell you that you stand absolutely no chance against me. Pray to whatever gods you have for a painless death.”

Name: Allan Grammaticus
    Alias:
    Stream of Anguish
    Angurvadal

Height: 188cm
    Weight: 71kg
    Birthplace: Ringsted, Denmark

Likes: Fixing or cleaning old relics, archaeological digs, lighting up a joint in the shade of a tree in the family gardens, reading.
    Dislikes: Bad weed, excavated items beyond repair, Dead Apostles.
    Natural Talents: Ambidextrousness, speed-reading, incredible reflexes.
    Natural Enemy: Dead Apostles

Origin: Pursuit
    Elemental Alignment: Earth

Magic Circuits
    Circuit Quantity: D
    Circuit Quality: B
    Circuit Composition: Ægishjálmr-shaped.

Mystic Codes

Deeds of the Danes
    Gesta Danorum
    : Grimoire of Myth

The original copy of the Gesta Danorum penned by Saxo Grammaticus in the late 12th century, containing all the information later omitted from the version given to the Archbishop Absalon and subsequently published. The original, spanning over 3000 pages and required to be memorized end-to-end by the children of the Grammaticus family before they turn 10, contains information pertaining to the location of a vast amount of mythical Nordic items, phenomena, and tombs, as well of those of semi-historical kings and warlords. Using this fountain of wisdom, it has become tradition within the Grammaticus family to dig up at least one relic of myth or ancient history as a coming-of-age ceremony. After this ceremony is complete, the child is allowed free access to the family armory of Mystic Codes, repurposed relics of Norse myth created by their many ancestors. Though a few of them have been lost in tragic accidents or battles against what even the powerful magi of the family could not defeat, the family’s continued prosperity and collection of a myriad of magical items has remained mostly untarnished since Saxo’s age.

While detailing a myriad of places such as the locations of Mimir’s now dried-up well, the ruins of Valhalla and the body of water Siegfried’s body fell into which’s surface subsequently got covered in dragon scales, it has no purpose as a Noble Phantasm or Mystic Code besides being an almost impeccable source of information. Each member of the family carries a small copy of it in a satchel on their body that is enchanted to instantly combust if touched by someone not carrying their bloodline, allowing them to access the information even on the go. These volumes of the original text are treated with the utmost respect, even by more light-hearted members of the family such as Allan, as in them lies the foundation of every bit of the family’s success, and without them, a vast amount of yet undiscovered artifacts would waste away without ever being found.

Twin-Headed Dragon of Verdant Greenery
    Mistilteinn Twin Swords

Twin shortswords, shaped more like oversized daggers, forged from shattered fragments of Mistilteinn, the weapon made of the mistletoe plant that Loki used to kill Baldr, and later wielded by the Draugr Þráinn and Hrómundr Gripsson. Half-plant half-damascus steel shards were recovered from Hrómundr’s burial site by Ejler Grammaticus in 1484 and were since reforged into their current form by that same man. As Mistilteinn was the bane of Baldr, these swords carry the concept of ‘robbing the world of light’. Cuts suffered from these swords cause the target’s five senses to dim and dull, and while a single wound won’t make much of a difference besides a slight blurriness of the target’s vision, reduced hearing and sense of touch, a couple dozen wounds can cause the target permanent blindness, hearing loss or the inability to feel anything they touch. Recovery from this condition is possible through magical treatment or transplant of new sensory organs, and unless the target is rendered fully robbed of one of their senses, the effects of only a few cuts will dissipate in a span of days.

Allan bases his swordsmanship technique with these blades on that of the Roman Dimachaeri, twin sword-wielding gladiators that are fairly poorly documented, but a book written in Latin brought back from an educational stay in Paris by Saxo Grammaticus contains a thorough overview of gladiator fighting styles, including the Dimachaeri. Taking out most of the theatrical flair of gladiator combat, Allan has polished this form of combat to a murderous technique where both swords are used for a continuous, rhythmless flow of attacks, relying upon his agility, reflexes and footwork to defend himself instead of using one of his swords for such.

Boots of Spatial Distortion
    Lacquered Víðarr Shoes

A pair of exquisitely crafted leather shoes that the head of the Grammaticus clan at the time, Viggo Grammaticus, had made by the legendary Danish shoemaker Jeremias Elias Spannjer in 1843. What the shoemaker was not aware of at the time, of course, was that the leather scraps Viggo insisted that the shoes be made out of were some of the few pieces of Víðarr’s legendary boot that he had dug up from a burial mound in southern Norway the year before. The original boot, made from all the extra leather cut off from the heel and toe of the shoes by shoemakers since time immemorial, which kicked in Fenrir’s jaws and killed the beast after it devoured Odin, was absolutely enormous and spanned all the way up to the wearer’s thigh. Viggo was only able to recover a couple handfuls of scraps, the original having surely been cut up and worn as something like protective charms after the demise of Víðarr.

Possessing only the slightest hints of Víðarr’s boot’s original power, these shoes are nonetheless an effective Mystic Code. In addition to being tough enough to be able to be kicked through a stone wall without damage to the shoe, they completely mute the wearer’s footsteps, based on the idea that Víðarr swore an oath of silence. Furthermore, they can be used to ‘traverse space unhindered’, such as moving Allan’s legs on their own to avoid unseen traps or allowing him to walk through Bounded Fields that blocks entry from the outside without being detected by any alarms it might trigger.

Re-Strapped Belt of Prodigious Strength
    Megingjörð

The gilded belt strap of Thor’s magical belt, which Allan discovered deep beneath the earth in southern Sweden as his coming-of-age dig. While the dwarf-treated dragonscale belt it was once attached to was nowhere to be found, or had perhaps rotted away, the strap itself was remarkably intact, and Allan took to polishing the beautiful lightning-decorated strap until it shone like a mirror, before hand-crafting a belt worthy of it using draugr-skin leather inlaid with a beautiful blue pattern of magically fortified silk bought from China with some of the family’s enormous fortune.

While much of the strap’s original power has been lost through the ages, and the loss of the dragonscale belt it was attached to means that anything more than an inkling of its potential cannot be drawn out. Even so, the strap greatly fortifies the strength of anyone who wears the belt its attached to, and with it on, Allan is capable of crushing a brick simply by making a fist hard enough, jumping half a dozen meters vertically without a running start and kicking a hole in a steel plate. However, the belt does not help in the slightest with actually letting the body support such exertion, and neither does it fortify it against damage, so accessing this strength excessively can lead to severe muscle cramps, exhaustion, and tissue damage. Despite his peak physical condition, Allan can only access the belt’s power fully for about ninety seconds of continuous use before risking breaking his own bones or ripping his muscle fibers apart, and as such he has designed the Mystic Code to accept a phrase to switch it on and off. In his case, the word ‘
    Thunderclap
    Tordenskrald
    ’ activates and deactivates it.

Magecraft

As the Grammaticus family’s power and heritage lies primarily in the reforging and acquisition of ancient relics through the Gesta Danorum and using them to defend their nation from supernatural threats, their Magecraft is remarkably under-developed for a clan spanning almost a millennium, and so are their Magic Circuits, as the Grammatica primarily breed with those who have abnormal physical talents instead of magical attributes or good circuits. Most of their magical arsenal are spells meant to compliment physical combat instead of replace it.

Baptismal Sacrament

The sole mystery that is freely taught to all members of the Church. A simple ritual with an aria that falls on the Ten-Count category, it is capable of exorcising Daemons and sending Wraiths back to the world of the dead, as well as doing severe damage to Dead Apostles. As the Grammaticus clan has had a close relationship with the Church since the time of their ancestor Saxo, who was close friends with Archbishop Absalon, the founder of Copenhagen, they are taught in the use of the Sacrament when they have completed their coming-of-age dig and are declared combat-ready. As Allan and most of the clan in the last couple of centuries hasn’t been particularly devout, the power of their sacrament is fairly weak, and thus this is primarily utilized to finish off Draugr, Dead Apostles or spirits that cannot be killed entirely by their Mystic Code weapons after they are immobilized.

Ðorn byþ ðearle scearp: Þurs

Channeling his mana into his skin, Allan causes a part of his body to erupt with razor-sharp thorns upon proximity with another organic surface. Most often used to feint being out of position with said body part, such as needlessly extending his arm for a sword strike, then finishing the target with a thrust of his other sword through the head or neck when they find themselves impaled on the thorns.

Rad byþ on recyde rinca gehƿylcum sefte ond sƿiþhƿæt, ðamðe sitteþ on ufan meare mægenheardum ofer milpaþas: Reið

A spell used in the past to reinforce warhorses to allow them to move at supernatural speed, it has since been repurposed by the Grammatica to be a runic reinforcement of the legs with the decline of the use of horses. In Allan’s case, he can outpace and accelerate on foot as fast as a mid-range motorcycle and run vertically up walls, though as it is essentially forcing his legs to work in an overclocked state, extended use can cause severe spraining of and damage to his legs.

Hægl byþ hƿitust corna: Hagall

A camouflage spell only effective when it is raining or hailing. The user becomes as if a raindrop in a torrential shower, obscuring them completely both visually and audibly. It is possible to still sense the user’s presence, however, and they can be detected through heat-vision, supersensory detection and sheer instinct. Due to this spell’s conditions, it is customary for the Grammaticus clan to try and wait for a rainy day if their current target is not on the move or if the target are staying in the same area for an extended amount of time.

Dæg byþ drihtnes sond, deore mannum: Dagaz

A spell that causes an intensely bright light to emit from the user for a brief moment, similarly to a flashbang grenade. Often used to dazzle creatures sensitive to light such as draugr or Dead Apostles, or to escape in a bad situation by blinding everyone present.

Non-magecraft abilities

Savate

French street boxing that utilizes the legs for devastating kicks, it is the only martial art in the world where the user is required to wear shoes. Allan initially picked it up as an afterschool past-time as a child, but after he passed his coming-of-age dig and gaining access to the family array of Mystic Codes, thereby discovering the Víðarr shoes that fit him perfectly, he began pursuing it on a competitive level and became the national champion at the age of 22. Though unwilling to pursue it on an international level to avoid drawing too much attention to himself, even if he were to compete under a fake name, the title of national Savate champion provides an excellent front for him in his public life, and diverts public attention away from his family’s other practices.

As a martial art relying heavily on kicking, it is ideally suited to be combined with his dual swordsmanship, allowing him to substitute the punches usually used in it with his twin swords while using his Mystic Code shoes to perform devastating kicks. The extensive footwork practice that comes with learning Savate also makes it as natural as breathing for Allan to properly balance himself despite using twin swords.

Character & Biography
    A pursuer of knowledge by nature and a killer of the supernatural by trade, Allan works in the shadows to protect the beautiful countryside, historical sites and the common folk of Denmark from exploitation by the supernatural. Allan’s inquisitive and knowledge-yearning nature grew up spoiled as can be by being born into a family that preserves and stores anything from ancient relics to important historical or magical texts, and spent many a day of his youth reading beneath the ash trees in the garden of his family’s rural estate. Speeding through the education system and acquiring his Master’s degree in history at age 17, Allan made a massive breakthrough for his family by finding the buckle of Megingjörð after only 11 months of intense searching, gaining prestige in the eyes of his clan and becoming the heir-apparent to eventually succeed his father.

Though the family has never been as uptight about the use of modern technology, Allan’s liberal use of things like cellphones and recreational marijuana during the downtime between jobs or digs has gotten him in trouble with the clan elders a considerable amount of times, and when he grew particularly dependent on the latter after his first job which involved a particularly violent Dead Apostle, he was given the choice of either being disowned or quitting. While he eventually returned to a more moderate use of the drug, the experience taught Allan that there wasn’t a time to be emotional in the dog-eat-dog world of the supernatural underworld, especially not when tasked to face creatures of the night that’d happily devour what was once their fellow humans for no more reason than sustenance or self-satisfaction.

Now, almost six years later, Allan has mellowed out a bit. Though he can’t find himself able to find enjoyment or pride in his line of work, he recognizes the necessity of his and his family’s existence to the safety of the land and the history that he treasures so much, and while still considered too young and immature to take the reigns of the clan from his father, who had him at quite early for Magus standards at only 31, Allan’s future, while soaked in blood, seems bright to him.

The clan’s finances are kept as healthy as they are by the selling of minor historical artifacts and Catalysts to museums, Magi and eccentric collectors. Anything of unparalleled value, however, is generally kept within the clan.

Creator’s notes
    I took inspiration from a fic idea discussed with me back in the day about a hunt through Copenhagen in search for the original copy of the Gesta Danorum, which functioned in the original idea basically the same way it does here. So for the prompt, rather than making a Magus that uses a grimoire or a spellbook in the traditional sense, I decided to make one whose family utilizes a grimoire of lore to basically become the most successful archaeologists in the world. With things like the Einzbern casually digging up Avalon and Tokiomi somehow finding the original snake-skin, I didn’t feel it was far-fetched that there was a Magus family that exploited a supreme font of knowledge to excavate a large number of major Norse artifacts for their personal use.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; September 4th, 2018 at 09:19 PM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    so

um

is this thread dead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I think IRUN definitely intimidated me.
    I have an idea I'm sitting on but it's not working out so well, plus irl stuff.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If there aren't enough entries to hold the voting (4 or 5). This month's contest will be cancelled.
    During the October Make a Servant contest, I'll be running a workshop on this thread to get suggestions on how to improve attendance for this contest and other things people believe will help them in participating or make them want to participate.
    Those changes will be implemented in November's Make a Magus contest.
    If the general agreement during the workshop is there is little to no interest in this competition then we've had a good run.

September Entry

^ Whew, lad. That's already a high bar to overcome. Anyways, I'll borrow the sheet style to keep things uniform:

You did not loose against me. You lost against the whole Grimm famiily.
    Faceclaim

Name: Emma Ambragris Grimm
    Alias: Millenium CV
    Height: 169 cm
    Birthplace: Herzogenhorn, Schwarzwald (Grimm family estate)

Dislikes: harmful insects, clutter

Circuit Quantity: D (originally B)
    Circuit Quality: B
    Circuit Composition: Circular on each finger

Mystic Code/Grimoire

Liber Clavem ~ Vault of Revelations
    This book made from human parchment is the pinnacle of the Grimm family's knowledge and magecraft. Generation after generation each head of the family sacrificed a piece of their skin to transplant some of their magic circuits and inscribe their research into this macabre grimoire. No one outside of the Grimm family can use the grimoire because of its nature and without the family crest serving as the index its contents cannot be perused anyways.
    The main content of the grimoire is the art of rituals, curses and their modification. The main innovations of the Grimms contained within it provide shortcuts and the possibility of rapid, if not instantaneous, deployment of said mysteries. If one were to search for a comparable mystic code it would be Fragarach, both because its close tie to the family line and being of the curse/causality warping type. In addition, chaining or shunting the preserved magic circuits in the grimoire is possible at the will of its owner, giving her reign over a diverse portfolio of effects.
    A detailed example for such variations would be.
    t̸̫̜͎̝́̈́̉̉̀̓͑̃h̸̢̭̼͉̥̗̬̣̫̜͓̻͈̘͆̉e̶̾̆̿́͑̇̆̈̎̏̕̕͘ ̗̬̚ ̸̨̭̱̝̰͇͇̞̬͕͓̖͚͖́̒͛̔̂̚͜ĩ̸̛̛̹̫͕̅́̅̍̏̈́͘̕͠n̶̨̲̭̘͓̝͔̉͜ ̧̟͓̜̝͚c̸̗̫̳͚̫̥̥̭̰̜̽̈̊̍̾͜l̶̛͓̽̈̉̊̉̑͑̈́͋͊̃̕͠u̵̪̓̾̂̓͐̚ ̡ŝ̸̪̥̝́͝i̷̫̰̠̳͈͌̂o̶̡̱̗̖̥̯͕̣̯̱̗̭̰̳̓ͅn̴̨̟̬͎͔̰̱̑̀͒̎͐ ̣̭ ̷̠̰͎͈̱͍̺͓̙̼̝̭̇̂́̽̓̋̎́̆̄̆̄͘͝o̶̺̥̲̗͇͔̱̬͈͖̟̞̗͆̈́̂͆̄͘ͅf ̷̡̨̖̺̖͋̏̋͝ ̴̨̲̀͂̋̈͛̒́̔͜͝͝ͅs̸̹̣̗͉͉̙͎̬̼̠̹͇̦̞͈̈͆̔͌͌̊͆̅̀͝e̷̾̎͂̈͐͑ ͖̪͕̮̲̦̗̘͉̹́̈́͋ţ̴͉̩̘̘̗̄̐̈́̊̒͐̇̕͠ͅ ̶̧̡̧͕̗̺̩̗̫͉̄̆̃̈́̈̇̈́̿̾̏͌v̸̢̢̡͚̰̗͔͙̏͜͝ä̶͙͉̳́́̋̇̃̈́͗̓r̷ ͚̜̯̫̜͉̣͍̜̳͚͍̹̞͌̈́͝ị̶̡̛̦̜̠͉̀̍̾̈́̈́͝͠a̷̱̯̞͇̓͐̀́̔̋̆̃̒́̓ ̧̘̗̯̭̗̬̼̞̺b̴̨̹̫͖̻̦̗̤̹̘̝͔̫̬̻̌͆̑͒̊͑̎̒̈́̾̐͘l̶̓̈́̈́̋͂̎̓̎̓ ͚͙͖̼̩̱̱͑͛̉́̿̀ȩ̸̢̠̥͚̮͔͖̭̺͍̝̠̱̇͋̔̑͆̿̆̎͗́̆̾̆͝͠s̷̍̔̌͊ ̡̬̖̥͔̹͖̱͍̘̂ ̴̨̨̛̮͖̣̪̼̞̊͑͐̈́̿̐͋͆͋́̕͝ừ̴̧̨͖̳͍̻͔͎̫̝̬̌͆͒̓̀͂̓͠ś̵̎̄ ̧̡͖̹͓̲͈̣̺̩̰̙̦͌̀̇͆i̸̖͒̑̎̂̀̃̅̓͑͂̊̃͘͝͝ṋ̴̛͖̗̀̎̔̒̐̀̂̚̕ ̢̨̜͍̮͚͔̱̖͜d̶̢͉̝̘̟̰̬̳̹̪̯̙͍͈̃͆͗̑͊̀͠ň̶̤̹̊̽͘͝g̵̢̨̣̳̐̀ ̡͔̭̟̞͚̼̮̰͎͔ ̴̢̬̠͈̺͗̃͐͒̈́͋̾̈́̒̈́̎͆͘ļ̴̛̺̺̹̼̮͖̣͔͊́̏̆̓͜͝͠ś̸̾͌̓̄̌͛̄̕ ͇͖̞̩̤̗̃̆͝ḑ̷̛͈͕̩̝̜̮̝͉͋͆f̵̡̟̥̈͊̔͜ạ̷̛̛̤͙̃̓̊̄̋̎͗̏̑͑̚ ̭̬͜ḵ̶̢̛͕̲̙̥̰̖̥͎͂̃̇͂̍j̸̢̰̤̤͖̠̟͚͕͊̑̍͠ ̷̨̢̡̧̥͎̦̠̭̲͚̖̲̪͈̃̍̃̉̌͛́͒́̈́l̷̛͎̭͍̣̻̈̾̊̊͂̓͆́͝j̵͆͂͐̎̕ ̨̬̘͕̪̗͆͒̓̚ͅs̸̫̬̭̰͉͔͐̃̃͑͜ą̸̫͑͊̅͝h̵̨̖̥͖̣̰͌̐̓̓͝d̴͊͆͘ ̛̱͋́̈́͋̍͝f̴̢͇͙̮̭̏̉̿̑̋̔̈́͋́͂̔͛̆̚͝l̷̨͕̣̟̍̆͠ḧ̵̜̩͔̹́̿͒̚͜ ̻̮̪̦̼̥̤͍̬ĩ̷̧̧̼̘̠̖̗͆̈̈́̌̾͑̓̀̇͑̽̕͠͝ͅi̴̡̨̭͈̗͓̣̬̮͒͗̑̋͜ ̹̙̖̗̩h̸͉̳͙͓̺̼͍͚̲̗͕̒͒̆̀̈̌̌̌͋̓͑͗̍̉͜͝ͅṕ̵̺̦͖̼̖̯͙̭̗̲̔͆ ̗͚̠͜3̶͇͐͌̀̔͗̐̂̉̚̕͝͝8̶̢͍̮̩̹̯͚̺̫̽͛̿̉̂̃̑̔̆͋̉r̸̗̺̱͕͛̿͘ ̨̦̰̠̗͔̼h̷̛͉͊̓̍̉̽̐̀̇̊̽́̾̕͝ṗ̷̧̛̫͔̘̫͉̝̣̦̰a̶̦̳̞̮̓̓̈́̒͝ ̨̲̰̯̭̫̩̱̹̯̮8̶̧̤͍͖̙̖̭̯͕̤̪̤͚̓̑̊̑̀̔̐̌͆̀͜ͅ ̸̪͌͋͝0̷̨̡̢̛̘̦̝͓̪̩͎͖̜̦̭͚͛͂̀̎̄͆̋̾͛͌̓̚͘8̴̠̫͖̼̦̤͈̔̅̔́u ̷̛̰̗̼̤̩͎̲̹̭̮͎͔̋̿3̴̙͙̳̜͈̂̄̍̀̄̉́̀͒̽̿̌̕͘͜a̴͉̤͈͈̒̀̒͋̆͝ ̘8̵̛͚̝̻̲̣̅̽̍͋̂̾̀͑4̷̨̡͔͍̩̹͉͚̳̤̟̤̓̓͛̈́̈́̕ͅä̸̛́͑͆͒͊̿̈͛͘ ̡͇̪̥̝̺̰̦̓͗̍̽̾͜ͅǫ̸̝̪͇̳̭̹̻̪̻̯͚͉̍͊́͊͒̌̌̏̂̓̃̆̚̚͜ů̴̐̉ ̡̨͎̝̯̪̤̯̙̣̜̦̫̋́̈́͊̽͊͆͝í̶̗͙̪͗͌̇̎́̈͐͠h̴̢̙͍͍͗ͅa̵̽͊͌̀͘ ̧̡̖̥̝͙̙̝̖̱̳̗̉̋͑͋s̸̨̡̟̖͈͉̺̙̘̟̹̹͉͍͇̈́̾̽͗͗̈͠8̸͉͖̓͋̽͜͠d ̷̢̡̮͙̪͓̖̺̙̯̲̰̟͙͉̇̋̆͑̀͝͠9̵̧̂́̑̾f̴̡͚̭̣̣̣̻͗̇̃͗̀̍͗͘̚͜͠ ̭͚h̶̨̳̩̗̤̟̺̤̞̣̝̔̍̕͠͠ͅh̴̢̧̛̘̩̗̺͇͕̹̟͇̅̂͌͂̏͋́̓͝ͅs̸͑̒̌ ̡̟̬̼̖̯͎̝͈͚̞́̎́̒͆̅̎̐͆͘͝͠9̶̫̤̗̤̇̑͆8̴̼̯̭̈́̏̅̀̍p̷͂̂ ̱̓̏̃ ̸̢̛̤͚͉̪̩̹̜͓͍͌́̈́̀̂̔ą̷͙̗̱̳̗̼̺̼̗̝̻̺̜͛͊͠͝p̸̢̮̠̤͉̫̲̒̑͐ ̨̞̝͈̩͜s̵̭̯̣̝̏̑͐̅̌̉͘̕d̸̗̗͕̯͛̑̃̌̊̐ẖ̷̬͖̞̳̬̤̩̯̥̉̊̑̈́̾̚ ̭f̴͖̙̱̗̠͐̈́̈́́̆̍̇̀̐͊̚͠͝ň̶̤̹̊̽͘͝g̵̢̨̣̳͔̭̟̞͚̼̮̰̐̀ ̡͎͔ ̴̢̬̠͈̺͗̃͐͒̈́͋̾̈́̒̈́̎͆͘ļ̴̛̺̺̹̼̮͖̣͔͊́̏̆̓͜͝͠ś̸̾͌̓̄̌͛̄̕ ͇͖̞̩̤̗̃̆͝ḑ̷̛͈͕̩̝̜̮̝͉͋͆f̵̡̟̥̈͊̔͜ạ̷̛̛̤͙̃̓̊̄̋̎͗̏̑͑̚ ̭̬͜ḵ̶̢̛͕̲̙̥̰̖̥͎͂̃̇͂̍j̸̢̰̤̤͖̠̟͚͕͊̑̍͠ ̷̨̢̡̧̥͎̦̠̭̲͚̖̲̪͈̃̍̃̉̌͛́͒́̈́l̷̛͎̭͍̣̻̈̾̊̊͂̓͆́͝j̵͆͂͐̎̕ ̨̬̘͕̪̗͆͒̓̚ͅs̸̫̬̭̰͉͔͐̃̃͑͜ą̸̫͑͊̅͝h̵̨̖̥͖̣̰͌̐̓̓͝d̴͊͆͘ ̛̱͋́̈́͋̍͝f̴̢͇͙̮̭̏̉̿̑̋̔̈́͋́͂̔͛̆̚͝l̷̨͕̣̟̍̆͠ḧ̵̜̩͔̹́̿͒̚͜ ̻̮̪̦̼̥̤͍̬ĩ̷̧̧̼̘̠̖̗͆̈̈́̌̾͑̓̀̇͑̽̕͠͝ͅi̴̡̨̭͈̗͓̣̬̮͒͗̑̋͜ ̹̙̖̗̩h̸͉̳͙͓̺̼͍͚̲̗͕̒͒̆̀̈̌̌̌͋̓͑͗̍̉͜͝ͅṕ̵̺̦͖̼̖̯͙̭̗̲̔͆ ̗͚̠͜3̶͇͐͌̀̔͗̐̂̉̚̕͝͝8̶̢͍̮̩̹̯͚̺̫̽͛̿̉̂̃̑̔̆͋̉r̸̗̺̱͕͛̿͘ ̨̦̰̠̗͔̼h̷̛͉͊̓̍̉̽̐̀̇̊̽́̾̕͝ṗ̷̧̛̫͔̘̫͉̝̣̦̰a̶̦̳̞̮̓̓̈́̒͝ ̨̲̰̯̭̫̩̱̹̯̮8̶̧̤͍͖̙̖̭̯͕̤̪̤͚̓̑̊̑̀̔̐̌͆̀͜ͅ ̸̪͌͋͝0̷̨̡̢̛̘̦̝͓̪̩͎͖̜̦̭͚͛͂̀̎̄͆̋̾͛͌̓̚͘8̴̠̫͖̼̦̤͈̔̅̔́u ̷̛̰̗̼̤̩͎̲̹̭̮͎͔̋̿3̴̙͙̳̜͈̂̄̍̀̄̉́̀͒̽̿̌̕͘͜a̴͉̤͈͈̒̀̒͋̆͝ ̘8̵̛͚̝̻̲̣̅̽̍͋̂̾̀͑4̷̨̡͔͍̩̹͉͚̳̤̟̤̓̓͛̈́̈́̕ͅä̸̛́͑͆͒͊̿̈͛͘ ̡͇̪̥̝̺̰̦̓͗̍̽̾͜ͅǫ̸̝̪͇̳̭̹̻̪̻̯͚͉̍͊́͊͒̌̌̏̂̓̃̆̚̚͜ů̴̐̉ ̡̨͎̝̯̪̤̯̙̣̜̦̫̋́̈́͊̽͊͆͝í̶̗͙̪͗͌̇̎́̈͐͠h̴̢̙͍͍͗ͅa̵̽͊͌̀͘ ̧̡̖̥̝͙̙̝̖̱̳̗̉̋͑͋s̸̨̡̟̖͈͉̺̙̘̟̹̹͉͍͇̈́̾̽͗͗̈͠8̸͉͖̓͋̽͜͠d ̷̢̡̮͙̪͓̖̺̙̯̲̰̟͙͉̇̋̆͑̀͝͠9̵̧̂́̑̾f̴̡͚̭̣̣̣̻͗̇̃͗̀̍͗͘̚͜͠ ̭͚h̶̨̳̩̗̤̟̺̤̞̣̝̔̍̕͠͠ͅh̴̢̧̛̘̩̗̺͇͕̹̟͇̅̂͌͂̏͋́̓͝ͅs̸͑̒̌ ̡̟̬̼̖̯͎̝͈͚̞́̎́̒͆̅̎̐͆͘͝͠9̶̫̤̗̤̇̑͆8̴̼̯̭̈́̏̅̀̍p̷͂̂ ̱̓̏̃ ̸̢̛̤͚͉̪̩̹̜͓͍͌́̈́̀̂̔ą̷͙̗̱̳̗̼̺̼̗̝̻̺̜͛͊͠͝p̸̢̮̠̤͉̫̲̒̑͐ ̨̞̝͈̩͜s̵̭̯̣̝̏̑͐̅̌̉͘̕d̸̗̗͕̯͛̑̃̌̊̐ẖ̷̬͖̞̳̬̤̩̯̥̉̊̑̈́̾̚ ̭f̴͖̙̱̗̠͐̈́̈́́̆̍̇̀̐͊̚͠͝ň̶̤̹̊̽͘͝g̵̢̨̣̳͔̭̟̞͚̼̮̰̐̀ ̡͎͔ ̴̢̬̠͈̺͗̃͐͒̈́͋̾̈́̒̈́̎͆͘ļ̴̛̺̺̹̼̮͖̣͔͊́̏̆̓͜͝͠ś̸̾͌̓̄̌͛̄̕ ͇͖̞̩̤̗̃̆͝ḑ̷̛͈͕̩̝̜̮̝͉͋͆f̵̡̟̥̈͊̔͜ạ̷̛̛̤͙̃̓̊̄̋̎͗̏̑͑̚ ̭̬͜ḵ̶̢̛͕̲̙̥̰̖̥͎͂̃̇͂̍j̸̢̰̤̤͖̠̟͚͕͊̑̍͠ ̷̨̢̡̧̥͎̦̠̭̲͚̖̲̪͈̃̍̃̉̌͛́͒́̈́l̷̛͎̭͍̣̻̈̾̊̊͂̓͆́͝j̵͆͂͐̎̕ ̨̬̘͕̪̗͆͒̓̚ͅs̸̫̬̭̰͉͔͐̃̃͑͜ą̸̫͑͊̅͝h̵̨̖̥͖̣̰͌̐̓̓͝d̴͊͆͘ ̛̱͋́̈́͋̍͝f̴̢͇͙̮̭̏̉̿̑̋̔̈́͋́͂̔͛̆̚͝l̷̨͕̣̟̍̆͠ḧ̵̜̩͔̹́̿͒̚͜ ̻̮̪̦̼̥̤͍̬ĩ̷̧̧̼̘̠̖̗͆̈̈́̌̾͑̓̀̇͑̽̕͠͝ͅi̴̡̨̭͈̗͓̣̬̮͒͗̑̋͜ ̹̙̖̗̩h̸͉̳͙͓̺̼͍͚̲̗͕̒͒̆̀̈̌̌̌͋̓͑͗̍̉͜͝ͅṕ̵̺̦͖̼̖̯͙̭̗̲̔͆ ̗͚̠͜3̶͇͐͌̀̔͗̐̂̉̚̕͝͝8̶̢͍̮̩̹̯͚̺̫̽͛̿̉̂̃̑̔̆͋̉r̸̗̺̱͕͛̿͘ ̨̦̰̠̗͔̼h̷̛͉͊̓̍̉̽̐̀̇̊̽́̾̕͝ṗ̷̧̛̫͔̘̫͉̝̣̦̰a̶̦̳̞̮̓̓̈́̒͝ ̨̲̰̯̭̫̩̱̹̯̮8̶̧̤͍͖̙̖̭̯͕̤̪̤͚̓̑̊̑̀̔̐̌͆̀͜ͅ ̸̪͌͋͝0̷̨̡̢̛̘̦̝͓̪̩͎͖̜̦̭͚͛͂̀̎̄͆̋̾͛͌̓̚͘8̴̠̫͖̼̦̤͈̔̅̔́u ̷̛̰̗̼̤̩͎̲̹̭̮͎͔̋̿3̴̙͙̳̜͈̂̄̍̀̄̉́̀͒̽̿̌̕͘͜a̴͉̤͈͈̒̀̒͋̆͝ ̘8̵̛͚̝̻̲̣̅̽̍͋̂̾̀͑4̷̨̡͔͍̩̹͉͚̳̤̟̤̓̓͛̈́̈́̕ͅä̸̛́͑͆͒͊̿̈͛͘ ̡͇̪̥̝̺̰̦̓͗̍̽̾͜ͅǫ̸̝̪͇̳̭̹̻̪̻̯͚͉̍͊́͊͒̌̌̏̂̓̃̆̚̚͜ů̴̐̉ ̡̨͎̝̯̪̤̯̙̣̜̦̫̋́̈́͊̽͊͆͝í̶̗͙̪͗͌̇̎́̈͐͠h̴̢̙͍͍͗ͅa̵̽͊͌̀͘ ̧̡̖̥̝͙̙̝̖̱̳̗̉̋͑͋s̸̨̡̟̖͈͉̺̙̘̟̹̹͉͍͇̈́̾̽͗͗̈͠8̸͉͖̓͋̽͜͠d ̷̢̡̮͙̪͓̖̺̙̯̲̰̟͙͉̇̋̆͑̀͝͠9̵̧̂́̑̾f̴̡͚̭̣̣̣̻͗̇̃͗̀̍͗͘̚͜͠ ̭͚h̶̨̳̩̗̤̟̺̤̞̣̝̔̍̕͠͠ͅh̴̢̧̛̘̩̗̺͇͕̹̟͇̅̂͌͂̏͋́̓͝ͅs̸͑̒̌ ̡̟̬̼̖̯͎̝͈͚̞́̎́̒͆̅̎̐͆͘͝͠9̶̫̤̗̤̇̑͆8̴̼̯̭̈́̏̅̀̍p̷͂̂ ̱̓̏̃ ̸̢̛̤͚͉̪̩̹̜͓͍͌́̈́̀̂̔ą̷͙̗̱̳̗̼̺̼̗̝̻̺̜͛͊͠͝p̸̢̮̠̤͉̫̲̒̑͐ ̨̞̝͈̩͜s̵̭̯̣̝̏̑͐̅̌̉͘̕d̸̗̗͕̯͛̑̃̌̊̐ẖ̷̬͖̞̳̬̤̩̯̥̉̊̑̈́̾̚ ̭f̴͖̙̱̗̠͐̈́̈́́̆̍̇̀̐͊̚͠͝

Family/Personal Info

Few dare to gossip about Emma Grimm because more often they end up tongue-tied, literally in a knot.
    Practising the art of curses and rituals, the Grimm family's female practitioners are the exemplars of witches. Since their art and mystique evoked distrust they always had to be prepared for persecution and sought a way to preserve their knowledge through the ages. Thus they created the Liber Clavem as countermeasure.
    After the age of enlightment the Grimm family found their niche at the Herzogenhorn mountain in the German Schwarzwald and have remained there ever since; or would have: the grimoire was stolen and by the time it was recovered three folios, the lifework of three Grimm family heads, were stolen. The exact nature of those folios and therefore the motivation of the thief remains unknown but Emma remains on the hunt ever since she inherited the position as family head. This obsession since childhood and intense training to master the contents of the grimoire has left her with no time to pursue another purpose for her life. Those who think fondly of her hope for her success in the hunt and consequent development of individual passions and interests.