Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4912131415161924 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Make-A-Magus Contest

Blog Entries
    Mrgrgr. Make what I feel like is my best magus sheet in years, and it happens during my own prompt, so I can't post it. I'm not comfortable with joining this month, so it was a thought exercise only, eheh.

Grumble, grumble.

So far I'm -really- happy I picked this prompt though, everyone is coming up with such creative ones, wow.

Signature by fumato

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Mrgrgr. Make what I feel like is my best magus sheet in years, and it happens during my own prompt, so I can't post it. I'm not comfortable with joining this month, so it was a thought exercise only, eheh.

Grumble, grumble.

So far I'm -really- happy I picked this prompt though, everyone is coming up with such creative ones, wow.
    You could post it in the regular Magus thread.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Consensus View Post
    You could post it in the regular Magus thread.
    yes, please, i'm curious

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Blog Entries
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post2791290

I was going to save her for an RP, but being honest, I can't play her. So.

Signature by fumato

Tfw no yandere selkie gf

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Probably gonna wait a bit longer before making properly getting started on this months contest as all the ideas I have are a bit uninspired at best and my recent remake in the regular thread isn’t really applicable for this. Once again everyone is doing a mighty fine job which is always good to see in these contests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post2791290

I was going to save her for an RP, but being honest, I can't play her. So.
    All but one of the characters I’ve played as in RP’s or D&D have been LG so I know that feeling too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Express View Post
    Tfw no yandere selkie gf
    I-it's for the best.

Signature by fumato

Are there any stipulations about editing sheets? I'd assume as long as it's not changed too drastically it'd be fine, but just want to make sure.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I mean as long as it doesn't deviate from the character's general concept then it's probably a-okay.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Are there any stipulations about editing sheets? I'd assume as long as it's not changed too drastically it'd be fine, but just want to make sure.
    as long as its before the deadline
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries

"Canaries are more sociable than humans. Mein Gott, who would've known?"

Name: Joanna Eloise Tierpfleger
    Alias/Nickname/Title: die Schimäre, 'The Stray Cat of the Chimeras'
    Height/Weight: 153 cm / "Isn't it slightly rude to ask that? Scheiße."
    Birthplace: Bremen, Germany
    Alignment: True Neutral

Personality

Forte/Likes: Animals, 'a fine meal', her brother
    Weaknesses/Dislikes: Her peers (although some people in her department catch her fancy), paperwork
    Natural Talents: Taking care of animals, evading taxes
    Natural Enemy: 'Fabro Rowan', Cu Chulainn (Proto)(?)
    Current wish
    : Getting a piece of 'The Scylla' and/or 'that Canadian wolf, rawr'.

Magical Attributes

Origin: Assimilation
    Elemental Alignment: Earth, Wood ("It is odd, isn't it, for me to have an Eastern element?"), Water

Circuit Quantity: B+
    Circuit Quality: D
    Circuit Composition: Abnormal (near patternless)

Character

A kind, soft-hearted, easy-going girl. A bit eccentric due to her upbringing, preferring the company of the beasts under her care than her peers, although she loves her brother to an unknown extent as well. She has a twisted, if not childish and selfish view of the world and its events, and might do something right for the worst reasons.

"I once hunted a Sealing Designate for using ground unicorn horn for an immortality potion. Practically everybody knows that you use whole unicorn horns for that!"

Biography

The 44th generation of the Tierpfleger lineage, a family of animal caretakers that works for the Clock Tower. The Tierpflegers are a family that are not known for their good aptitude in Magecraft, but rather their unique disposition regarding beasts of the mundane and the arcane. They are also one of the Clock Tower's Zoology Department's main material supplier, whether it's a living animal, or just selected parts of them.

The first daughter of the two siblings, Joanna is the cuckoo (and the more magically adept) of the two, contrasting her younger brother's sharp-mindedness and eye for business. Having raised by her parents as both the successor of the Tierpfleger family and the caretaker of the beasts, she have been accustomed with nature's presence around her, possibly making her grow to the way she is now.

Her latent abilities first showed up when she was 6 years old, during one dinner where after consuming a certain fish dish, she creates rough gills around her neck. On that night, chaos ensues before Joanna's father concludes that this is due to her Origin's interaction with the family's Sorcery Trait. While her gills eventually disappears, she began experimenting with her newfound ability, until it culminates into her unique modification to her Sorcery Trait;
    Herrin der Tiere
    Chimeric Armament

Now, she is a
    researcher
    freeloader(?)
    on the Clock Tower's Zoology Department, although she only comes sparingly in favor of nurturing her creatures back at home. She's regarded as one of the top researchers(?) in the Zoology Department after a 24 years of talented Magus' absence. While her abilities are frankly astounding for her department's standards, her brother's influence at the Clock Tower has deterred any attempts at putting a Sealing Designation on her, if such occasion should happen.

Magecraft Related Abilities

Herr der Tiere
    Acceptance of All Animals

The Tierpfleger lineage's Sorcery Trait. Their history with animals have created a body that is perceived as 'friendly' in an instant to beasts and the likes. Whether it's because their scent or their stance, creatures, mundane or not, does not sense nor show any hostilities towards the Tierpfleger clan. As this only affects members of the Tierpfleger lineage, the creatures are still dangerous and possibly hostile to others.

As the 44th inheritor of the Tierpfleger's Magic Crest, Joanna has a more pronounced Herr der Tiere than her sibling, attracting animals in a 2 meter radius. While she doesn't mind, this could mean that chaos can ensue when she visits certain places such as the park or the zoo.

---

Herrin der Tiere
    Chimeric Armament

Joanna's unique Magecraft modified from her Sorcery Trait, enabling her to assimilate animals, living or dead, to her body to be modified as weapons or to add their traits unto her body. While theoretically she can assimilate and store an unlimited amount of traits, her body does have limit before horribly mutating her body into a cancerous, ever-consuming mass of flesh. Thus, she limits the creature she keeps on her body to rare and powerful ones, while 'shedding' the more mundane traits as lumps of amorphous mass. These traits can be activated and deactivated at will, but new traits outside the ones listed below requires her to assimilate the related animal.

Herrin der Tiere: die Schlange
    Serpentes Chimeric Armament

Snakes. More specifically, snakes harvested from Chimeras. Even more specifically, Joanna's ability to grow said snakes near-instantaneously from her body. The snakes grown by this ability are colored pitch-black, and have a limited intelligence, enough to be able to sink their teeth to perceived hostiles, at least. These snakes are venomous, but their venom are not very strong relative to the poisons and venoms in the world of Magi.

Herrin der Tiere: die Schlange
    is Joanna's least expensive technique to use in terms of mana and materials, as chimera tails are pretty abundant in her family's bestiary. She does, however, owns a baby Hydra for times when chimera tails are not enough, carefully kept and guarded at the Tierpfleger's bestiary, which she claims as her 'trump card' for this ability.

As a side-note, Joanna slightly regrets not getting the Hydra faster, as she could've named this technique
    Herrin der Tiere :die Hydra
    instead, although she is trying to move on from that idea. Oh well, remorse is the poison of life anyway.

Herrin der Tiere: die Krabbe
    Carcinous Chimeric Armament

Crabs. Or to cut a long explanation short, the ability to calcify her arms using her prana into a pseudo-crab-shell material, while turning her hands into makeshift claws. She can use Reinforcement on her fortified arms to increase their sturdiness, but they're pretty hard on their own so she usually don't bother.

She first gains this ability when samples of a giant breed of crab rumored to descend from the Karkinos arrived at the Tierpfleger's bestiary. At first, she was skeptical of the crab because logically, such a rare specimen shouldn't be given away for nothing. Being Joanna, however, she tried it anyway, and surpisingly, it worked to an extent.

Currently, her family owns around 40 of these crabs, with a small demand on them by a certain Chinese Magus as oddly enough, delicacy. This technique is a bit costlier than Herrin der Tiere: die Schlange, so she doesn't like to use it very often.

Her arms are not fully useable during
    's activation, as she once tried to write something using them with crabby results. While she can de-calcify her arms at any moment, she cannot use
    again for 24 hours.

Herrin der Tiere: die Phantasmagorie
    Phantasmal Chimeric Overdrive

"I don't like using this, but you forced me to do this. Hey, do you know why I'm called 'die Schimäre'? Well... You're about to know why."

Less of a trump card, but a self-defense mechanism. You can say that her normal look is due to this particular skill's effect that gets released on activation. Unleashing her other stored traits of many a Phantasmal Species she had obtained, such as the Pegasus, or the Dragonkind, the looks of a young woman turns into a horrific beast that is caused by years of experimentation: A vaguely-humanoid chimaera of multitude Phantasmal Species, sporting glistening white hide, a serpent tail, ridiculously cute rabbit ears, a single, twisted horn, and god-knows-what-else shifting under her clothes.

She looks ridiculous, yes. But mark the words circulating around the Zoology Department that the first thing you do when you encounter her in this form somehow is to run. By assimilating numerous amounts of Phantasmal Species samples from around the world, Joanna forces her body to gain abilities no man have dreamt to have.

Her physical strength and magical capacities are increased twofold. Her regenerative capabilities are accelerated. Her body now can dispel Modern Magecraft passively due to the fraction of a fraction of Dragonkind blood in her veins. Her
    Herr der Tiere
    Acceptance of All Animals
    is reversed due to her Al-Mir'aj horn, repelling any other creatures in a 2 meter radius away from her, perhaps to reduce the number of animal casualties in her rampage. Her serpent tail can exhale venomous gas that can kill non-Magi in an instant, and the scales of Tsuchinoko she consumed gives her... an unnatural craving for sake?

In this state, she is a near-literal beast, both in body and mind, relying on her primal instincts and feral agression to fight, and making conversation pretty much unavailable unless one can speak the language of Beasts. Also, as this condition puts a large toll on her body, she can only keep this form up for only 1 minute, before she is forcefully returned to her usual form and leaving Joanna an unconscious mess. Somehow bypassing this limit would be very dangerous to her, as the Phantasmal Beasts in her can overcome her human side, permanently leaving her as a feral beast.

Due to a geis Joanna and her brother formed, she cannot use this technique as she pleases, as its usage would shorten her life. Instead, during life-threatening situations, this technique would activate automatically, and her brother would be informed through his Magic Circuits that his dear sister would be needing a pick-me-up.

Non-Magecraft Abilities

Animal Dialogue(?): One's ability to speak with animals, sort of. Even amongst the Tierpfleger family, the skill to speak with creatures of the mundane and arcane are thought to be nothing but lunatic. Still, Joanna can hold a conversation (?) with the creatures in her care and they, in return, responds. Or so she claims.

Even her dearest brother would've thought that his sister has lost it, if it weren't for the fact that she once successfully commanded a Kelpie to bring her the newspaper.

Knowledge in Nature: Her upbringing and subsequent enrollment at the Zoology Department has given her numerous information and experience about the flora and faunas, and how they interact. She's more knowledgeable on the subject of animals than plants though.

As eccentric as she is, her co-workers (and to extent, her brother) have begrudgingly praised her talent in the field, and usually takes her advice on how to handle the beasts and their parts in Magecraft.

Creator Remarks

This is my first try at making a Mage, and I must say, I must be insane to be able to write this down. Her concept is similar to Nero Chaos and the Silver Lizard, so I hope I did enough things to distinguish Joanna from them...

A fun thing to mention is that the idea of a mage that is a literal zoo of things was the first one to pop on my mind... Until I remembered that Nero Chaos exists. Dammit.

Also, it seems like giving nods to other Magi sheets here and there would be my thing, so please forgive me if you don't think that this and that doesn't work...

Yes, I'll make her brother one day. No, I'm not procrastinating, you are!
    Last edited by MehKitteh; January 12th, 2018 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Added some condiments and fixed a few typographical errors.

Execute C:\local\lib\toh.exe?
    ---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---
    summs up a lot of my ironic weeaboo circles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    people who have waifus are necessarily mentally ill

One more week.

Spooky Scary Counter-Guardian Balthizar's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    One more week.
    Gotta go fast!
    Nasuverse in a Nutshell
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Gilgamesh fired weapons like rockets back in the day, Enkidu was a shapeshifting mud doll, Elizabeth Bathory had dragon blood, the origin of life is an insane giant, and vampires rule over humans in this odd way where they claim to be the apex of life and are perfect beings. Also every planet has super ultimate beings that are the apex of each planet and will one day come to Earth to rock our shit, and each of these ultimate beings are comparable to vampires.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Jeanne was speaking to the counter force and Karl was driven by aliens. And Jesus was probably Martha's imaginary friend, I'd imagine.

"Your muttering and arm-waving was quite impressive. Are you done, now?"

Name:
    Danya Morel
    Alias: 'Moldymort'
    Height/Weight: 172cm / 67kg
    Birthplace: Germany/Schwarzwald

Forte/Likes:
    Sedentary Lifestyle, all kinds of mineral water
    Weaknesses/Dislikes: Agricultural companies
    Natural Talents: Poison Resistance, Chemical Analysis

Magic Circuits
    Quantity: B+
    Composite Quality: B
    Composition: 7 lines radiating from a central hub (3 in each arm, 2 extending from the hub tracing Danya's spine)

Character
    Behind a gruff façade of bravery Danya hides her insecurity and loneliness rooted in her origin. It's not a 'someone' she needs to fill her emptiness but a purpose in life she hasn't discovered, yet.

Biography
    When she woke up, she knew nothing. Not about herself, not about the world around her. Rather her 'rescuers' knew about her, who were sent to find a missing magus in the Schwarzwald forest: the missing magus, Danya Morel, specialized in plant magic and at some point evidently met with an accident. In an last ditch effort to save herself, Morel fused her body with fungal mycelium but lost control due to her grave injuries. With no control the fungal mycelium fused with almost every part of Morel's body pushing out her soul as a result.
    At that point Danya Morel was - in a sense - reborn and after intense scrutiny and training instated as Enforcer due to her innate abilities. Her nickname 'Moldymort' infers to the ridicule and fear she meets in the Association.

Magecraft-related Abilities
    Transmutation & Absorption
    Danya is able to break down any organic compound into its basic constituents and process those to either strengthen herself or synthesize various compounds herself - whether those might be poison, medicine, or simply MSG. Only few chemicals targeting her fungal origin can weaken her significantly. Her resilience extends to her mental faculties rendering Mental interference nigh useless due to her altered neural network structure (ever tried reasoning with a mushroom?).

Whispers of the Mesh
    Danya can glean information from fungal mycelium and/or spores by infusing it/them with mana beforehand. Combined with her natural spore production (sterile spores), she can constantly monitor her immediate surroundings or set up a surveillance perimeter. She can also emit spore clouds that aggressivly absorbs resident mana, canceling/dampening spells.
    Rather than true magecraft, this is a skill derived from Danya's physiology.

Creator's Remarks

This one's inspiration quite obviously is Ozen from Made in Abyss combined with that mushroom implantation scene later in the season.
    Last edited by ylas; January 22nd, 2018 at 02:49 AM.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    from "Campbell’s Accumulated Accounts of the Clock Tower" (cont.)

“…Out of the exotic displays within the Clock Tower’s VII Faculty, the most eye-catching sight of all is the massive conservatory built during the advent of the Sixteenth Century. Referred to as Pan’s Garden, the greenhouse contains flora of all kinds -- be it mundane or Phantasmal -- and are tended with the utmost care. Although hosting plant-life of varying biomes, the Garden is able to easily accommodate them through small bounded fields that suited each group's needs... (...)Although supervision and permission is required, researchers in the VII Faculty are allowed to gather materials from the Garden. Due to its harmonious nature, many within the Faculty consider it ‘a Modern Arcadia.’

However, Pan's Garden has been permanently closed off since 1878. Said to have been implemented by the Faculty Head Lord Yumina, the reason behind such an abrupt act remains a mystery.

Because of the sudden closing, rumors began to circulate within the faculty. Some claimed the Garden hosts a capricious elemental, accidentally captured along with one of the many flora in the Garden. Others speculate it to be one of the Department Head’s enemies, forced into labor/captivity until their deaths. Of course, there are several foolhardy students determined to investigate the Garden -- or to steal samples for themselves. But out of the 15 confirmed individuals, 6 were found unconscious, 5 in fright-induced shock, and 4 were never found. When asked about their findings, they would always ramble about how the trees ‘conspired against them.’

Curiously, All of the students were said to have displayed an irrational fear of plants for several weeks..."

“…I will give you thirty seconds, Trespasser. Should you still fail to leave, I suppose a new ditch is to be prepared…”

Name: Jaromir Borovoi
    Alias/Nickname/Title: Groundskeeper
    Height/Weight: 186cm/80kg
    Birthplace: Pugachyov, Russia
    Alignment: True Neutral

Forte/Likes: Tending plants, Earthworms
    Weakness/Dislikes: Fungi, Invasion of privacy
    Natural Talents: Horticulture, Plant disease diagnosis
    Natural Enemy: Forest of Einnashe, Kokuto Azaka

Department: VII (Formerly)
    Origin: Symbiosis
    Elemental Alignment: Wood (Formerly Water)
    Circuit Quantity: C+
    Circuit Quality: C+
    Circuit Composition: Abnormal

Much more irritable during the winter season.

Background

Nearly two centuries ago, Jaromir was the ninth of the Borovois, a reclusive family of Russian magi who practiced Botany and researched heavily into the exchange between man and flora. Since the Middle Ages, the family has been harnessing nature as a means of reaching the Root. Similar to how the Earth Mother Goddesses drew power directly from the Root itself, the Borovois sought to create a artificial “Goddess” that can use such power to create a path to it. In order to do so, a child will be imbued with aspects of nature -- the cells and circuits of Phantasmal Plants -- while still reside in the womb. A risky operation, but should it succeed the existence of this “Goddess” will be recognized by Alaya to be a part of the planet, and thus not a threat.

Jaromir was born to be the perfect candidate, but was cast off as a failure just as quickly. The fault lies not on lackluster circuits or a frail physique, but for merely being detached. The family reasoned a Earth Mother Goddess must have the tough, yet nurturing love of a mother. However, Jaromir displayed none of the former -- instead, he was akin to a distant father incapable of true affection. However, that is a self-reassuring lie; despite Jaromir's personality, all he lacked was a Divine Core: a aspect and status of a Divine Spirit. A part of divinity that is impossible to recreate, the Borovois were destined to fail at the very end. Lacking a proper Core, Jaromir was more of a fickle Nature Spirit rather than a "true" Earth Goddess.

Although a failure in becoming a “Goddess,” Jaromir had proven to be a capable magus. With a talent in the workings of the natural world, he was able to accelerate the works of the Borovois by leagues and bounds. Even when Jaromir was sent to the Clock Tower to improve his craft, he was begrudgingly considered a “backwater prodigy” in Faculty VII. Once he returned, it was time for Jaromir to fully inherit their Magic Crest. Although the failed "Goddess" wasn't what the family wanted, he was certainly one of their bloodline's best.

Not long after, the Association sent Enforcers after the Borovois -- for their investigation revealed the truth behind Jaromir’s existence. Barely escaping his burning estate, the last of the Borovois decided to hide in plain sight; namely, the Clock Tower’s very own conservatory: Pan’s Garden. After striking a deal with Lord Yumina, Jaromir had been purposefully sealed within the Garden. As per the agreement, Jaromir was granted sanctuary within the Garden, in exchange of becoming its caretaker due to his ability and knowledge in tending flora. To this day, he protects his only bastion against all intruders, yet quietly wishes to bask in the sun one more time.

Character

More plant than man, Jaromir Borovoi can be seen as a force of nature in more ways than one. A distant soul who would rather stay away from troublesome affairs, he sees the scrabble between humans as would a passerby who just noticed a heated argument in the streets. Even his dedication to his plants are more out of a sense of familiarity than actual care. And upon coming to a decision, his conviction is unyielding to the point where persuasion is utterly pointless. Although easy to annoy, it's difficult to actually anger him. But such an act is suicide, for earning Jaromir's ire is akin to angering the entirety of Pan's Garden.

At his core, Jaromir is ultimately a creature solely interested in his own survival. Unlike other Sealing Designates, he has no interest in continuing his family's quest to reach the Root. Since doing so would risk attracting Enforcers, Jaromir has abandoned the foolish pursuit. Since then, he views anyone other than Lord Yumina as an intruder to his sanctuary, and will be swiftly repelled or -- at worst -- killed.

Due to living in the Garden for over a century, Jaromir is largely cut off from human interactions. Only the VII Faculty Head, Lord Yumina, was the only human he's had any ties with. Although his respect originally stems from a sense of gratitude for the Lord, decades worth of interactions eventually transformed it into some form of a bond. The exchange is that of a taciturn grandson/helper and a sweet-hearted grandmother, but the caretaker is probably one of the few people who can claim to understand the Lord. If anything else, the self-confidence she carries herself with is intriguing, if not refreshing change from the intruders Jaromir had to deal with.

However, even he is aware she is running out of time. But he has no need to point it out, for the Old Woman would always think a way out of this.

Abilities
    Magecraft-Related:

Sorcery Trait --
    Earth Blood
    Zemlya Krov

An equivalent exchange between Man and Nature, cycling since the dawn of our creation.

The Sorcery Trait unique to the Borovoi family, where their liberal use of blood as a means of raising their plants has developed into an increased “vitality” residing within the family's lifeblood. It can be compared to the natural Cycle of Life and Death; where nature feeds mankind with her blood and flesh, and mankind in turn feeds her with their own blood and flesh.

Practically, this denotes the Borovois’ phenomenal regeneration rate of Odic energy. By applying this to their studies, the Brorvois are capable of using the magical energy within their blood to accelerate the growth/healing rate of flora. Even a single drop can turn a seed into a sapling within mere moments.

Perhaps the byproduct of Jaromir’s Origin, for once he has given a plant blood they are bound to him as would a familiar is tied to their master. Given that it's only his blood and not a sliver of the soul, Jaromir is capable of “binding” as many plants without restraint. While seemingly useless, Jaromir has made use of it through his unique body.

A minor note, but because of the large quantity of magic energy within their blood, the Borovois often sold theirs to the Association in exchange for large sums of money. In turn, those sums of money were used to fund a majority of their research.

---

Arkadiya Obladatel'
    Our Host, May You Guide Our Gifts of Life

The treasures of Pan's Garden are not to be underestimated.

Also known as Arcadia Carrier. The product of eight generations-worth of trial-and-errors, the Borovois were able to create a fitting vessel for a pseudo-Earth Mother Goddess by modifying or replacing an infant's cells with that of a Yggdrasil Seed's while they reside in the womb. As the infant's body attunes to the changes, a perfect fusion of plant and flesh is achieved. Although the body's physical appearance remains unchanged, closer inspection reveals rough, bark-like skin and veins within each strand of hair. The plant cells also had allowed his body to age at a much slower pace, resulting in him looking far younger than his actual age.

In spite of his unique physiology, Jaromir's body is unfit for direct combat. Although a lower number of nerves in Jaromir's body means he is able to push his physical limits, he is noticeably more sluggish for the same reason. Even the body's self-healing is different, as instead of replacing damaged cells his wounds are closed in by surrounding tissue. As a result, Jaromir is extremely susceptible to chemical poisons.

Thanks to his Origin, Jaromir is capable of harness his bounded plants as protection. Because living familiars are capable of gaining magical attributes, the same applies for plants; after being fed Jaromir's blood for years, many of the Garden's flora slowly become "alive." Not only are they considered fully sentient, they have a higher mana generation compared to normal flora. With a single thought or gesture, the flora in Pan's Garden will act according to their caretaker's commands similar to single-action spells.

Examples

Fairy Grass
    Also known as Hungry Grass, or Féar Gortach. These patches of cursed grass sap the vitality and magical energy from any who treads upon them, rapidly weakening them until death. Activated by touch, Jaromir can set down grass "traps" that sprout and rapidly drain the target. With the target drained to death's door, they become easy pickings for Jaromir.

Always remember to refrain from stepping into the grassy areas, for the stone-tile walkways are placed in the Garden for a reason.

Ya-te-veo
    The infamous flesh-eating plant found in the reaches of South America, capable of ensnaring humans and beasts alike with its serrated vines before consuming them. Each appendage is capable of lifting, cutting and crushing things several times its size and weight. Upon drawing blood, these tendrils will grow in strength and ferocity. However, the time it takes to repair a vine is rather costly, so Jaromir only reserve these for enemies at a medium distance.

It demands the most blood out of any other plants in Pan's Garden. Had been tasked by Jaromir to eat pests, but is surprisingly picky.

Moly
    Commonly known as the Snowdrop, this specimen is the very same herb that Odysseus used to repel Circe's sorcery. These herbs are capable of realeasing nectar that "numbs" magic circuits, preventing magi from casting spells. Given they are "dangerous for mortal man to pluck from soil," so any attempts to unearth the herb will result in being victim to a harsh curse and the herb withering away.

For strategic purposes, the Molys' nectar are lightly coated around the perimeters of Pan's Garden. And when used as a potion ingredient, they make for excellent antidotes against all types of poisoning.

Oak
    Although a mundane specimen, it is also one of the most culturally steeped ones. Particularly with pagan beliefs in Europe, the Oak is often associated strength and durability; and also the gods Zeus, Thor or Dagda, divinities who are associated with lightning. Due to being bound by Jaromir's blood, the once-normal oak is now capable of manipulating its roots and discharging electricity from them. Because of the roots' durability and electric attribute, they work well in the form of makeshift electric fences.

It also serves as Jaromir's main base, since the oak provides a decent shade from lights.

---

Lesnoi Khozyain
    Our Vessels, May They Carry the Wrath of Life

The trees have long memories and grudges, but humans tend to forget about that.

The authority of an Earth Mother Goddess, one that births creatures that threaten mankind or heroes that protect them. This is merely an incomplete replication, for Jaromir's personality rendered him incapable of creating true lifeforms. Instead, he is able to draw upon the anger of the flora he's bounded with and manifest them in golem-esque vessels. Fueled with the plants' drive to protect their home and exterminate trespassers, they serve as Jaromir's last resort.

Designed to combat mankind, these constructs can easily overwhelm all but the most physically capable human. Their gnarled claws and absurdly agile movements make for a danger in close-combat, while the projectile thorns will punish any who are at a distance. Consumed by rage, these creatures are impossible to affect with Mental Interference. If there's any comfort in fighting this monstrosity, it's that the flora will cease to attack individually; for their will is focused entirely within the constructs.

Currently, Jaromir is only able to host two of the constructs since maintaining costs an immense amount of magical energy.

Appearance

Non-Magecraft-Related:

​Miscellaneous Garden Tools
    Although unwieldy, the gardening tools serves as Jaromir's preferred tools of self-defense. None of them are Mystic Codes, but are deadly as any weapon due to the physical power offered by Jaromir's altered body. Out of all the tools, Jaromir favors the spade for its longer reach. It's a bit old, so perhaps he'll ask Lord Yumina for a new one soon.

Horticulture
    The ancient arts of plant care, used from farming to landscaping back from the days of Cyrus the Great. Born in a family specialized in the cycle of nature and possessing a talent in the field due to his birth, Jaromir is no doubt unparalleled in the art. Even his former colleagues admits the man had a gift in tending the plants, far surpassing those in the Department. From the proper pruning to winemaking("I find it useless"), Jaromir can be considered a walking Farmer's Almanac.

Because of this, Lord Yumina is only concerned in caring for the fungi. Jaromir claimed that a number of the species harms the plants.

Notes:

ylas kinda sniped me on the "flora" concept. Oof.

Tied in zikari8's sheet at some point. Hope it isn't too overbearing.

First attempt at a Magus. This came to me when I accidentally searched up “Blood Meal” on Wikipedia. Needless to say, it kind of got out of control afterwards. And bits of Athel Loren are sprinkled in there for good measure.

Apologies to those who speak Russian, I don't speak the language and may have butchered it.
    Last edited by SleepMode; January 25th, 2018 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Last-minute revisions
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

^ Yay, fellow floral friend (?); could you please elaborate on the 'imbued with nature' aspect? Could be kinda important regarding the theme of this month's competition. Other than that: quite an interesting read & a different direction.

Now, we only need an "atomic"/"radioactive decay" kind of Magus (from the distinguished Curie family), whose body slowly vanishes and emits radiation to get:
    Atomic Gardening!

JP Friend Code

Name: Hildelana Fornes Veterkonungr
    Alias/Nickname/Title: “Hilde” “Winter Princess” “Lady Humongous”
    Height: 220cm
    Weight: “Hm? What was that? Did I just hear someone say that they wanted their face slammed into the ground?”
    Birthplace: Norway

Personality
    Forte/Likes: Good food, good drink, and good company
    Weaknesses/Dislikes: People who criticize her appearance
    Natural Talents:Ladylike decorum/brawling
    Natural Enemy: Reines El-Melloi Archisorte

Magical Attributes
    Origin: Enormity
    Elemental Alignment: Ice

Magic Circuits
    Circuit Quantity: A
    Circuit Quality: C
    Circuit Composition: Dendritic

Character:
    “Listen, let us make ourselves perfectly clear: I bear no insecurities about my size. None! In fact, I would go so far as to say that your view of things is far too small.”

As the latest of a long line of particularly ancient mages, Hildelana bears an expectedly aristocratic demeanor. Conducting herself in a cool ladylike fashion, she exudes an aura of regality that is palpable to everyone in her vicinity. When she speaks, she does so with a great degree of poise and eloquence that few people can claim to have experienced. Such is her charisma that some say that she could rival even the kings and queens of old in sheer inherent authority.

At least that’s how she presents herself while in public. While her ladylike persona is by no means a false one, there are other aspects to her that she is reluctant to reveal to others. Firstly, she is more temperamental than one might assume from her usually cold demeanor. Most of the time she is capable of hiding her sporadic bouts of irritation behind a guise of apathy only betrayed by the occasional twitch of the temple or particularly intense glare. On particularly rare occasions, when she becomes truly furious, she will threaten the offender with violence in a sickeningly sweet tone while bearing a disturbingly forced smile. One topic that she finds particularly irritating regards her height. Although she sees it as a great source of pride, she also cannot help but become irritated when someone brings attention to it.

Another aspect of her identity revolves around her penchant for rather fiendish tricks. She will mercilessly tease others and subject them to sadistic ploys for her own amusement. While her pranks aren’t overly malicious or harmful, they can be rather humiliating and belittling. While she does gain a great deal of schadenfreude from her teasing, what she finds particularly fulfilling is finding herself engaged in a contest of banter with one who is capable of doing so.

Biography:
    “No, this will not do. If I am to marry someone, it must be someone that has both strength and cleverness. Otherwise, my family’s… no… our founder’s magecraft will fall by the wayside. I cannot let that happen. I shall not let that happen!”

It is said, according to the mythology of northern Europe, that the world was created from the sundered body of a primeval entity known as Ymir. The gods fashioned the earth from his flesh, and his blood became the seas. However, before the world was formed, Ymir dwelt within and endless void: Ginnungagap, an endless gaping abyss. Some mages theorize that this realm is synonymous with Akasha, the Void, the Origin, and the Root. If this were the case, then that would indicate that this primordial giant, having been immersed within the endless Void, would have a close affinity with it. Thus, a small number of mages set out to emulate him, to become something so similar to his nature that the Void would recognize them as such and welcome them back into its its endless emptiness, peeling back the common sense of humanity and revealing the Truth beyond.

During the Age of Gods, there was a phantasmal race that claimed Ymir to be their common ancestor. They called themselves the jötnar, beings that were the eternal rivals if the Divine Spirits of the north and were said to be their equals in power. These mighty giants were a race of extremes, and were both great warriors and tricksters, boasting of great strength and great cunning. They were capable of weaving grand illusions, manipulating the elements, changing their forms, and were even said to be capable of changing the weather at a whim. Although many jötnar were said to have been rather ugly and grotesque in appearance, some of them, particularly their females, were exceedingly beautiful. So great was their beauty that even the gods were taken with them, and some gods even went so far as to take a jötunn for a wife despite their people’s extended rivalry. However, there are not many stories told of a jötunn consummating a relationship with a mortal human.

Was it for love, or for lust? Was it to satisfy a curiosity, or was there a long-standing plan from the beginning? Regardless of what the original reason might have been, the result was a child born from the union of a human and a jötunn. The resulting offspring was incredibly powerful: a being capable of wielding the power of a jötunn through the lens of human magecraft. This being was the founder of the Veterkonungr family of mages, and his family line was kept strong by periodically mixing jötunn blood into their decedents every few generations. However, as the centuries passed, fewer and fewer jötnar could be found as the Age of Gods began to recede and give way to the Age of Humanity. As the last of the jötnar passed over to the Reverse Side of the World, the Veterkonungr family found themselves in a crisis. With no jötnar left, they became desperate and became highly selective of who should be allowed to marry into the family, choosing only those who were able to best express the jötunn traits of their children the most effectively. Unfortunately, despite their best efforts, jötunn blood in their veins gradually waned until only a small fraction of their once mighty power remained.

When Hildelana was born, her family was overjoyed. Although a far cry from the power that was once wielded by her ancient ancestors, Lady Hilde had the highest degree of jötunn blood within her that had been seen in many generations. From a young age, she learned the secrets of her family’s magecraft and was quick and eager to put it into practice. Now, as the most esteemed member of the Veterkonungr clan, and one of the more reputable names in mage society, Hilde sees it as her responsibility, or rather her fate, to bring her family back to their previous heights and to ensure that her family line continues strong.

Magecraft Related Abilities:
    “Welcome, welcome to my castle! Please, sit down and help yourself to any of the food and drink at the table. Hmm? The cat? Oh, don’t mind him. Be careful though; he bites.”

Mystic Eyes of Charm:
    An inborn ability possessed by Hildelana allowing her to make anyone who meets her gaze to fall head-over-heels for her. Some of the jötnar were said to be inhumanly beautiful and were capable of catching the eye of even Divine Spirits. Perhaps this was due in part to these eyes? However, one cannot place all credit on these eyes, as they seem to merely enhance one’s perception of Hilde’s natural beauty. If one were to not find her beautiful to begin with, then the effects of her Mystic Eyes would be rendered useless. However, this has yet to happen…

Skall av Kaldt: Although the jötnar were renowned for their great strength, it was their mastery of illusion that truly gave them an edge. With the inscription of several runes and a brief incantation, Hilde can cause her victim to believe that they have been frozen within a shell of ice. As the false cold seeps into their very being, their entire body will become numb and paralyzed. A highly effective illusion, even experienced mages who realize her deception will find it rather difficult to break free of her illusion’s cold embrace. Unless a mage can manage to break free by circulating their magical energy through their numbed bodies, they will remain frozen in place until either Hilde releases them or if they succumb to starvation or exposure.

Skrymir Omdirigering:
    A simple but effective illusion. A passive spell engraved into Hilde’s magic crest, any hostile intent toward her will cause it to activate. Any attack with killing intent directed at Hilde will seemingly have no effect on her. Bullets seem to bounce off her, blades that pierce her flesh seemingly have no effect, immolating flames do not burn her, and she brushes off bolts of lightning as if they were a minor annoyance. This spell seems to grant her a degree of invincibility matched only by beings from the Age of Gods, but the truth is nowhere near that improbable. This spell is an illusion that activates just before an enemy willingly makes their move, it alters their perceptions to cause their attacks to miss their mark by a small margin while also causing them to believe that their attack struck true. A surprising effective defensive measure, but not without its drawbacks. One who manages to learn of this deception can learn to aim where Hilde actually is even while still under its effects, and Hilde can only maintain the illusion for a brief duration before she runs dry of magical energy.

Slottet Utgard:
    The absolute pinnacle of Hilde’s illusionary abilities. The Veterkonungr family castle has stood in the remote regions of Norway for centuries, but upon Hildelana becoming the head of the family, she had it completely restructured. With a countless number of runes carved into the foundations and around the grounds of the castle, the area in and around the castle has become thick with magical energy. Upon crossing the edge of the bounded field that surrounds the castle, one immediately falls under the effect of her greatest illusion. Anyone within her bounded field can have their perceptions freely altered into believing that something is in fact another thing entirely. She can deceive visitors into believing that saltwater is wine or that a pile of snow is actually a dish of food. Although she enjoys playing minor pranks on her guests, intruders are in for more lethal surprises. An open door to another room might actually be an open window 100 meters above the hard ground. A warm inviting bed could more likely be a large open fireplace…with the fire still roaring inside. One could find themselves lost for days in the mazelike halls and endless staircases only to realize late that they’ve been running in place the whole time. And let’s not even mention the small gray cat with the yellow eyes that quietly patrols the halls, it is most definitely not what it appears to be.

Mystic Codes/Familiars:
    “Ah, yes! With this, I am certain that I could cause even one of the dragon-kin to fall from the skies. It would be as easy as shooting down a clay pigeon.”

Isete Søkere: A collection of twenty small diamonds that Hildelana keeps on her person at all times. Each of these tiny gems faintly glows with a blue inner light and bear runic symbols on each of their facets. Each of these diamonds are actually the receptacles for artificially created winter spirits created as familiars by the head of the Veterkonungr family from several generations ago. Upon the recital of a short incantation, the spirits withing the gems awaken causing them to slowly begin orbiting around Hilde. The air around her becomes freezing, and ice crystals begin to congeal on each of the twenty gems until they take on the appearances of twenty spiky sea-urchins made of ice. In this default state, they will act autonomously to defend Hilde by firing off shards of ice at those she has designated as her enemies with each of the twenty gems capable of targeting a different opponent. However, with a single command, Hilde can change their shapes and configurations depending on the situation. By uttering the phrase, “shield me,” the spirits will shift their containers from their spiky “urchin” configuration to a series of shield-like plates. As an entirely defensive configuration, each spirit is capable of interlinking their plate forms together to form an effective barrier between Hilde and any incoming attack. By commanding, “seek,” the spirits cause their vessels to take on a more streamlined shape that are capable of seeking out her enemies at long range while moving at high speeds. Once their quarry is found, they will proceed to run it through with their own bodies like arrows. Her final command, “converge, condense, and unleash thy wrath,” is the most powerful offensive ability in Hilde’s arsenal. All twenty spirits link their vessels into the form of a massive crystalline spear that Hilde proceeds to hurl at her target with unparalleled force. Its range and speed are great enough that she would be able to impale a high-altitude aircraft from the ground. Once lodged within its target, the spirits within the spear proceed to exceed the limits of their vessels causing a massive explosion of frozen shrapnel that shred the target from the inside out. Utilizing this ability destroys the diamond vessels, and Hilde will be forced to construct new ones afterward.

Höggormur: It is said that in the Age of Gods, there was a mighty serpent that circled the entire World named Jörmungandr. A phantasmal beast of such power that even the gods feared it. Although Höggormur doesn’t even reach a single percent of Jörmungandr’s power, it is the closest that can be reached in the modern era. Bearing the form of a serpent of immense size, Höggormur is is a familiar that has been in the Veterkonungr family for over one-thousand years. Although it appears to me a mighty beast from the Age of Gods, it is in fact a chimera designed to replicate the form and function of the Midgard Serpent on a much smaller scale. Rather than encircling the entire World, Höggormur only encircles the Veterkonungr family’s castle weaving its body in and out of various doors and windows while remaining ever vigilant. Due to its unique nature, it cannot leave the premises of the castle, but it doesn’t particularly seem as though it wants to as long as it receives a steady supply of magical energy. If it detects a hostile intruder, it will usually attempt to crush them with its massive bulk, but it might occasionally resort to the poison mist that it exhales. This poison is is highly corrosive and will likely burn the flesh and dissolve the organs of those who breathe it in. If one is directly bitten by its venomous fangs, death is certain and inescapable. While under the effects of Slottet Utgard, Höggormur will appear to be no more than a harmless gray housecat.

Non-Magecraft Abilities:
    “Take this! And this! And this! And this!! Hmm? Done already? Feh! Weakling…”

Hildelana is both clever and highly intelligent, and while her achievements as a mage are quite noteworthy, she is more infamous among mage society for unbridled physical strength. Even when taking her immense size into account, her strength can be described as nothing short of monstrous. Whenever she engages in a fight where she wishes to conserve her magical energy reserves (or whenever she is in a particularly foul demeanor) she will attempt to engage her opponent in hand-to-hand combat. While she doesn’t fight with any particular martial-arts style, her raw physical prowess is more than enough, and has been described by onlookers as, “horrifyingly brutal,” in contrast to her aristocratic bearing. Capable of lifting a grown man with only the tip of her finger, she will toss her opponent about like a rag doll if she can manage to grab hold of them. Despite all this, the most frightening thing about her strength is that she requires no magical energy at all while fighting in this way; it is entirely due to her own natural physique.

Creator Remarks:
    While considering what this character should be a hybrid of, I decided that it would have to be something that had yet to get much attention in the Nasuverse proper, and my mind just happened to wander to the jötnar. Hilde’s abilities, particularly her illusionary spells, were heavily inspired by the tale of Utgarda-Loki as I wanted to focus more on the “clever trickster” aspect of the jötnar rather than their strength alone.
    As a side note, I don’t speak a single word of Norwegian, so if many of the names end up being gibberish, feel free to just chalk it up to Nasu’s usual naming conventions.
    Last edited by Balthizar; January 22nd, 2018 at 09:56 AM.
    Nasuverse in a Nutshell
    Gilgamesh fired weapons like rockets back in the day, Enkidu was a shapeshifting mud doll, Elizabeth Bathory had dragon blood, the origin of life is an insane giant, and vampires rule over humans in this odd way where they claim to be the apex of life and are perfect beings. Also every planet has super ultimate beings that are the apex of each planet and will one day come to Earth to rock our shit, and each of these ultimate beings are comparable to vampires.
    Jeanne was speaking to the counter force and Karl was driven by aliens. And Jesus was probably Martha's imaginary friend, I'd imagine.

Hilde's someone I could see blending very well into canon, nice work. Or maybe I just have a soft spot for tallgirls.
    Could I have a source on her face claim, though? It seems really familiar and I can't place where it's from.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Welp, Safe to say I won’t get my sheet done on time. It wasn’t particularly good as it is, might post it in the plain old thread should I finish it.

That said everyone is getting better and better at these every month, it’s real nice to see.

JP Friend Code
    Hilde's someone I could see blending very well into canon, nice work. Or maybe I just have a soft spot for tallgirls.
    Could I have a source on her face claim, though? It seems really familiar and I can't place where it's from.
    Face claim is Nona from Death Parade. Ironically, she is incredibly short.
    Nasuverse in a Nutshell