"No... Just wanted to get out and stretch my legs."

I try to answer as normally as possible, but my own wariness still comes through in my tone.

"Oh~?" And, naturally, she responds mockingly, "Is that so? I was under the impression that you usually got plenty of exercise being Kitou's lapdog."

And it's that kind of remark that makes me dislike dealing with this person...

Takagi Kira, resident troublemaker and something of a delinquent. Rumor around the school is that her family is involved with the local yakuza and, honestly, it wouldn't surprise me. As long as I've known her, she's had no qualms about butting heads with those around her. She's even gone on record having several disputes with the teachers and principal. But what she's really known for is the times shes resorted to physical violence. Though she may be small, shes beaten several people until they we bloodied and groveling at her feet. Men and women alike.

I really can't stand the way she looks at me... The way she talks to me like I'm less of a person... But, because of the stories surrounding her, I'm honestly too afraid to say anything. Even if I really want to call her out on all her shit.

"Well?" Takagi leans against the wall and turns her chin up with a condescending smirk.

"...Well what?"

Takagi just scoffs at me, "You plan on stretching those pretty little legs of yours or was walking out that door the extent of your plan?"

My left eye twitches involuntarily. I really can't stand this person...

"You're the one that stopped me. Besides... Why does it matter to you what I do? Last I checked, you and I don't exactly talk."

This time, Takagi's eye is the one that twitches. Gone is the sneer that I hate so much. Now she's staring me down like she could punch me at any second. I'd be lying if I said that look doesn't make me a bit anxious, but after saying that, I can't back down. Still, I think it smart not to say anything and worsen the situation.

"Because... Believe it or not, your presence irritates me."

She practically grows at me...

"You're always moping around here like you'd rather be somewhere else," Maintaining her hateful stare, the snooty smirk returns, "Even now I bet you're just walking out because you feel like you've got better things to do. ...Stretching your legs. Get real..."

Takagi Kira looks me dead in the eye. Her gaze is as sharp as daggers. The pressure her small build exudes is like a wild hound bearing its fangs.

"Why do you even bother showing up if you're not even going to pretend you're interested?"

Ah... I'm really not good at dealing with this person... Not just because of her personality, but because she's also one of the four people who take this paranormal business seriously.

1. "Because Mana asks me to come."
2. "Because I do want to be here."
3. "Would it even matter if I told you?"