Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Onigokko: Third Record (Quest)

Blog Entries

Onigokko: Third Record (Quest)

It's Friday afternoon and most of the students have already started to head home. Usually you would see more people hanging around the hallways or something as they slowly leave the building, but today is a little different. With the entire area put under advisory for heavy rain and flash flooding, we were told that club activities for the day would be cancelled. If we didn't have any pressing business to attend to, it was recommended that we leave the campus immediately. At most, they didn't want use staying any later than thirty minutes after the final bell. And yet...

"Su-ba-ru-kun!"

Twack!

Just like that something small, sharp, and heavy pops the center of my forehead.

My attention is pulled from the dozens of students down in the courtyard and back into the small, dingy room that is my reality. At the center of it all is a small girl with silver hair and crimson eyes. As she positions her hand to flick me again, she shoots me a look and a smile that I've grown all too familiar with.

"Hurry up, Subaru-kun. The quicker we get this done, the sooner we can leave."

There are all kinds of things wrong with what she just said... She says that as if this has been a team effort, but it's really just been her bossing us around while Naoki and I do all the heavy lifting. Furthermore, ignoring the fact that she conned me into staying, she's making it seem as if I have no choice but to stay...

I know I'm dealing with a dangerous person, but...

1. Threaten to leave.
    2. Actually leave.
    3. Attack the forehead.
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    3 and damn the consequences!
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

4. Make her ours

*couch* I mean, 4, be a perfect gentleman and agree to help her.
    *cough* I mean, 3.

Blog Entries
    3. Attack the forehead.

This attack will not go unanswered. We will have our revenge!

Blog Entries
    "What the hell? You can't just go around flicking people's foreheads."

I answer Mana's devilish smile with a bitter frown. Not giving her a chance to properly respond, I bring my hand up to her forehead and quickly jab it with my index finger.

"Ow!"

It's a simple but cute response. She flinches before my finger even makes contact and she greatly exaggerates the impact. At first she tries to make it seem like I jabbed her way harder than I actually did- wincing and leaning back as if knocked off balance. But, the facade quickly ends as a smirk spreads across her face and a small laugh escapes her. Seeing this only puts a smile on my face. And makes me want to bully her a bit more...

"Wha- Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!"

Not letting her get off with just a small gag between friends, I continuously jab her forehead with my finger as if it were a big red button begging to be pressed. That innocent little smile of hers quickly vanishes once she realizes I may actually be "a bit upset." She flails a bit, trying to impede my assault, but I do not falter! It isn't until she gets smart enough to actually step back that the poking stops. But by then, I've already gotten a solid twelve pokes in. The small red spot in the middle of her forehead serves as proof. A small but satisfying victory.

"W-What's the big idea, Subaru-kun!?"

Instant fury.

The club president glares at me with scorned eyes and I can feel the impending karma creeping up on me. Though she may be content with pouting now, I know all too well that she's already plotting her revenge in that evil little head of hers. Honestly, after that little stunt, I wouldn't be surprised if she ropes me into doing something else bothersome once all this is over.

"Who knows," I respond dismissively. The passive aggressive approach is the best way to get under this girl's skin, "I was just thinking about how lame this is and my finger started moving on its own."

Mana's expression shifts towards a mix of annoyance and... sadness, I guess. It's kinda hard to pin down, but looking at her kinda reminds me a of kid who's dad didn't attend their recital. It's easy to tell that she wants to say something, but she stays silent in the end. Instead of speaking up, she just goes right back to pouting, averts her gaze, and turns away from me.

"If you didn't want to come you should have just said so..."

She mumbles something aimed towards me, but meant for only her to hear. Unfortunately, it does reach my ears and I immediately feel a pang of guilt in my chest. I open my mouth to apologize, but before I can...

"Yo, Senpai. Shima-san and Tomo-tan are here."

Naoki, who was quickly moving desks this whole time speaks up and breaks the tension. It seems like the other club members are starting to show up.

"Yo~ Mana-chan! Tsutsumi-kun! I hope we're not interrupting another one of your lovey dovey moments~"

Shima Tsukasa steps into the room while being as loud as ever... Me and her have never really gotten along on account of her constant teasing and overbearing personality. She's practically the complete opposite of the person stepping in behind her.

"Um... Good afternoon, everyone. We weren't sure you any of you were hungry, but went and got snacks for everyone."

As soon as the girl's enter the room, Mana's face lights up with excitement as she ignores me and strolls right on over towards them. Almost immediately, the three start to recount their days. Girl talk at it's finest.

Understanding that this could go on for a bit, Naoki and I exchange knowing looks and just try to laugh things off. Sadly though, it looks like we'll be doing all the prep work ourselves...

Onigokko
    Third Record

After a few minutes of shuffling desks, chairs, and boxes around, the old club room is finally cleaned up as per Mana's instructions. She doesn't really go into much detail as to why we had to go through all this trouble. In fact, I'm not even really sure what she plans on doing with such a short meeting today. But, if there's one thing I can say, it's that she's unusually excited today.

Once everything is set up, Naoki and I finally get to sit down and take a breather. At the same time, Mana breaks off from her conversation with the girls and starts to bustle about the room doing her own thing. It's odd, but it's the kind of thing you come to expect from the founder of the "Paranormal Investigation Club." At this point, I've kind of learned not to question it.

A couple of minutes tick on by. The sound of light rain starts to tap against the window glass.

It seems like the others are running a bit late. And with Mana still making her own preparations, it looks like I've got some time to kill. I should...

1. Talk to Naoki
    2. Chat with Tsukasa and Kinue
    3. Step outside

Blog Entries

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    3. The Bad Things always happen in that room.
    Last edited by Draconic; July 1st, 2017 at 11:09 PM.
    F/GO Supports

Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Not with that attitude.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Waitaminute… oh… shit.
    Changing my vote to 1.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Oh god Io is this all one big guilt trip aimed at hero sei? Is this all an evil plot!?

Guess I'll go with 3.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Clearly it is. She can't avoid updating him forever (well, I suppose she can, but that would bring its own problems) so she needs a new avenue to torment him. Though I can't imagine how she resists what with the thing she's brought to his doorstep. AgreusThe Reaver is just too badass.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Avoiding giving hero updates HA, your funny hero had a streak of like three or four.

Blog Entries
    I guess I'll go get some air... It's not like there's much for me to do here anyway.

Though people may call us the Paranormal Investigation Club, the truth of the matter is that we barely pass for one. To begin with, the club consists of only nine people. Out of those nine, only four are actual members. The rest are people that just so happen to use the room as a hangout spot. Myself included. Because no one really seems to take it seriously, the club has never really amounted to much. But because Mana has always been so gung-ho about it, she has yet to give up on making it a serious club. So, to that end, shes been slowly pulling more and more of her friends in and trying to make them members. Naturally, as one of her oldest friends, I'm target number one.

"Huh? You leavin', man?"

When I get up, Naoki is the first to respond. Taking a break from the game he's been playing for the last ten minutes, he looks up at me as if to say "don't be like that." Though I wouldn't go so far as to call him a good friend, I've talked to him enough that we can communicate like this without words.

"Uh... Well... I was just thinking about stepping outside to get some air," I just give him the first excuse that comes to mind, "It's kind of stuffy in this old room, don'tcha think?"

Naoki raises a brow and smiles at me skeptically. He already knows that I don't feel like being here, but it doesn't seem like he's going to say anything. He just shrugs his shoulder and goes back to playing his game. But, before he leaves me to my business, he shoots me a quick look out of the corner of his eye.

"Well, whatever, man. It's not like I really care how you spend your time. But..."

Trailing off a bit, he quickly looks over towards the center of the room and my eyes follow. In doing so, I catch a glimpse of Mana looking over in my our direction before quickly turning away. She really isn't fooling anyone.

"Just try not to wander too far off, dude. Kitou-senpai really likes it when you come to these things, ya know."

I don't need him to tell me that.

It's honestly kind of annoying being told to hang around for these meetings, but it's hard to really be mad. As I said before, Naoki and I aren't the best of friends, but there's something about him constantly looking out for Mana that puts a smile on my face.

"Don't worry. I'm just going to step out into the hall for a bit."

I give him a genuine smile and his indifferent expression eases up a little. I guess I got his "approval".

With that out of the way, I step across the room and walk pass Tsukasa and Kinue. Naturally, Tsukasa stares at me a bit, but the two ultimately ignore me and carry on with their conversation. I arrive at the door without any further interruption and exit the room.

"Oh..."

As I close the door behind me, I notice someone else standing in the empty hall. Having opened one of the windows, a small girl faces out towards the rainy sky. A trail of smoke rises into the air as a cigarette hangs on her lips.

She's quick to notice my presence- looking over her shoulder as soon as I close the door. At first it doesn't seem like she's going to say anything, but that would just be wishful thinking... Taking one last drag of her cigarette, she blows out a plume of smoke before tossing it out the window and turning to face me.

"What? You need something?"

Yet another person that I'm not good at dealing with...

1. "Just stepping out for a bit..."
    2. "Should you be smoking here?"
    3. Don't say anything.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    1. We're not afraid. We're…someone…
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries

answering questions with questions is for assholes