Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Onigokko: Third Record (Quest)

Blog Entries
    "No... Just wanted to get out and stretch my legs."

I try to answer as normally as possible, but my own wariness still comes through in my tone.

"Oh~?" And, naturally, she responds mockingly, "Is that so? I was under the impression that you usually got plenty of exercise being Kitou's lapdog."

And it's that kind of remark that makes me dislike dealing with this person...

Takagi Kira, resident troublemaker and something of a delinquent. Rumor around the school is that her family is involved with the local yakuza and, honestly, it wouldn't surprise me. As long as I've known her, she's had no qualms about butting heads with those around her. She's even gone on record having several disputes with the teachers and principal. But what she's really known for is the times shes resorted to physical violence. Though she may be small, shes beaten several people until they we bloodied and groveling at her feet. Men and women alike.

I really can't stand the way she looks at me... The way she talks to me like I'm less of a person... But, because of the stories surrounding her, I'm honestly too afraid to say anything. Even if I really want to call her out on all her shit.

"Well?" Takagi leans against the wall and turns her chin up with a condescending smirk.

"...Well what?"

Takagi just scoffs at me, "You plan on stretching those pretty little legs of yours or was walking out that door the extent of your plan?"

My left eye twitches involuntarily. I really can't stand this person...

"You're the one that stopped me. Besides... Why does it matter to you what I do? Last I checked, you and I don't exactly talk."

This time, Takagi's eye is the one that twitches. Gone is the sneer that I hate so much. Now she's staring me down like she could punch me at any second. I'd be lying if I said that look doesn't make me a bit anxious, but after saying that, I can't back down. Still, I think it smart not to say anything and worsen the situation.

"Because... Believe it or not, your presence irritates me."

She practically grows at me...

"You're always moping around here like you'd rather be somewhere else," Maintaining her hateful stare, the snooty smirk returns, "Even now I bet you're just walking out because you feel like you've got better things to do. ...Stretching your legs. Get real..."

Takagi Kira looks me dead in the eye. Her gaze is as sharp as daggers. The pressure her small build exudes is like a wild hound bearing its fangs.

"Why do you even bother showing up if you're not even going to pretend you're interested?"

Ah... I'm really not good at dealing with this person... Not just because of her personality, but because she's also one of the four people who take this paranormal business seriously.

1. "Because Mana asks me to come."
    2. "Because I do want to be here."
    3. "Would it even matter if I told you?"
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    2. We already know it wouldn't matter if we told her anyway, so let's give her the answer that'll piss her off the most.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    1. "Because Mana asks me to come."

Sure why not.

1 let's get punched in the face!

Blog Entries
    I need a tie breaker

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    It's not like the answer to that question requires much thought. My feelings regarding this little club are pretty apparent. Takagi has even said so herself. The only reason I can think why she would even bother asking is so that she can find some kind of excuse to pick a fight. And, honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if that's her end goal here.

"..."

I keep my silence.

The answer is obvious, but admitting that right now kind of feels like admitting defeat. Bowing my head down to someone anxious to bite it off... It's just not something I want to do. No matter how dumb it may seem... As far as Takagi is concerned, my pride won't allow me to admit when I'm cornered.

My classmate naturally sees right through me though. I'd honestly be surprised if she didn't. But, because I refuse to answer her, her expression grows in intensity. Her mocking grin quickly fades and I can feel her gaze cutting right through me. Her eyes are sharp, probing, and fierce... So much in fact that I can't bring myself to look her straight in the eye. And, before I even realize it, I've turned my head away from her entirely. The sound of her small yet heavy footsteps immediately following.

She doesn't say a word. She just grabs me by the collar and yanks me forward with a surprising amount of strength. Then... she just stands there, glaring, waiting for me to look her in the eye.

"..."

I keep my silence.

As I listen to my collar slowly stretch and tear, I can feel my face steadily twist in aggravation. Just what is this girl's problem? Why does she care why I'm here? And is it so wrong for me to show up just as a favor to a friend? ...A part of me just wants to shout out until this little pipsqueak understands. But, in the end, I can't bring myself to say anything. Though I'd like to call it self-control, I'm certain a big part of it is simple fear. Still...

"Let go," My pride gets the better of me again, "Or else..."

An empty threat...

Almost immediately I can feel Takagi's grip on me tighten. He weight shifts slightly and I can feel her starting to pull me forward again. Her fist is what's coming next. Knowing this, I just close my eyes and grit my teeth.

But it never comes.

Curious, I finally look Takagi's way and find a hand firmly wrapped around her wrist. Someone stopped her from clubbing me just in the nick of time. And that someone is a person I'm all too familiar with.

"Sorry, hope I'm not interrupting something here."

Ohara Yuji. My best friend.

1. Reassure Yuji. You've got this under control.
    2. Stay quiet. Let Yuji handle this.
    3. Play the victim.

Blog Entries
    1. Reassure Yuji. You've got this under control.

We're a strong and independent protagonist.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Despite Yuji's arrival, Takagi still seems pretty intent on focusing me. She doesn't loosen her grip at all. On the contrary, she actually tightens it. Visibly not taking to kindly to my earlier threat, she looks me dead in the eye without so much as a word towards the guy grabbing her arm.

For a moment, I just return her resentful glare. I contemplate throwing out another threat to try and intimidate her, but there's no point. Even if I do have backup, there's no way this girl will back down from a fight. So, the best option available is to just keep quiet while holding my ground.

"Tsch-!"

The tiny girl reacts poorly and readies herself to attack; however, Yuji stops her again. With this second attempt, Takagi finally directs some of that hostility towards my friend, but Yuji's calm doesn't even falter. Takagi tugs once in resistance, but Yuji's hand doesn't even budge. Honestly, it surprises me a bit. Because, despite her size, Takagi is by no means weak.

"I think that's enough, Takagi-san."

Yuji just smiles at her.

The hoodie wearing girl simply stands there for a few seconds. Her eyes fixed on Yuji's smile and her discontent undeterred. But, she doesn't fight back any more. So when Yuji eventually lets go of her wrist, she just slowly brings her arm to her side and steps back.

Takagi takes a long look at Yuji, then eventually shoots a quick glare my way. But that's the extent of her opposition. She turns her nose up at me, puts her hands in her pockets, and steps past me towards the club room. But, just as she brushes my shoulder with hers...

"You're pathetic..."

She shoots off one last remark before slamming the door shut behind her.

With that whole thing out of the way, I take a sigh of relief while trying to sort out how exactly I should feel. At the same time, I turn to Yuji who quickly offers me a smile and a thumbs up. Over his shoulder I can see the other three club members watching patiently further down. Seems like everyone was watching to see how things turned out.

1. "Don't know what I'd do without you, man."
    2. "Think you can help me save face now?"
    3. "Just so you know, I don't do uke."

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    I've never really been all that great at handling these kinds of situations, honestly. It's fine when it's someone like Yuji, but I prefer for bothersome incidents like this to be away from the eyes of others. Unfortunately, that's usually not how things work out for me. Instead, everyone gets to see how I'm constantly having to weasel my way out of these kinds of things by the skin of my teeth. And even then, someone usually has to come to my rescue.

"Just so you know, I don't do uke."

I try my best to laugh and grin- shrugging off the whole thing with a little joke. But I can't even fully commit to it and look Yuji in the eye when I say it. So really, it feels like I'm just making a joke out of myself.

"Well that doesn't really matter, now does it?" Still, Yuji is my friend for a reason. Taking my joke without missing a beat, he's throws his arm over my shoulder and remains upbeat for the crowd, "As far as I'm concerned, I just save your ass. Therefore, you owe me."

"Please be gentle..."

With a nervous grin, I finally glance over at Yuji's face. Though he's doing a good job of playing along, I know him well enough to know what to expect. A calm, inquisitive expression... Eyes looking straight into mine- looking for the slightest bit of movement to tell if I'm troubled. Granted, this is just a formality to him. He has all the answers he needs, but he's always kind enough to see if I'll confirm anything. ...One of these days, I probably should.

Upon realizing that I'm not going to comment on Takagi, Yuji quietly lets go. At this time, the three who were quietly watching approach the two of us.

"Are you alright, Tsutsumi-kun?"

Shima Takuya is the first to speak up. I'd expect nothing less of a teacher. Quite honestly I'm surprised he wasn't the one to step in and take care of Takagi, but...

"It's fine, Sensei. It was just a little spat between friends."

As expected, Yuji had a hand to play in that. Since I refuse to admit to the bullying, he's able to perpetuate this lie that Takagi and I constantly get into fights over mundane things. I'm starting to think it's his own personal way of punishing me.

Sensei just looks at us, knowingly. He'd be an idiot to not know that something is up; however, he can't act if the issue isn't brought to his attention.

"Well, if that's the case... Tsutsumi-kun, if there's ever anything you want to discuss, know that I'm here to help as well."

It's such a cliche line that I want to groan.

"Anyway, why don't we step inside. I know that you kids got permission to hold this special meeting, but I'm afraid I can't just allow you all to laze about today. I need to make sure you all get home safely, after all."

He smiles, pats me on the shoulder, and makes his way into the room.

Quietly following behind him is another student. Nimura Akihiko, if memory serves right. Not exactly someone I've talked to much, but I know enough to know that he's one of the people that fit right into this weird little club.

He doesn't say anything as he shuffles on by. He just sheepishly makes brief eye contact before nodding his head.

"H-hey... Tsutsumi-san..."

That's about all our conversations ever amount to.

With those two entering the classroom, the last member of our little club steps up. But instead of inching by into the room, she steps right up to Yuji and wraps herself around his arm.

"Are you done being Mr. Coolguy, Yuji~"

Satou Sakie... Yuji's 'not-so-official' girlfriend.

After smiling in Yuji's face for a bit, she looks over in my direction and immediately her expression sours a bit. She won't come outright and say it, but she's not all that fond of me either. Though I can't say I know why.

"Heeeey, come on, Yuji," Sakie is quick to shift her focus back to my friend, "Lets hurry on inside. I really want to see what's got Mana-chan so worked up this time.

Yuji smiles a bit awkwardly. Then he looks at me, raising an eyebrow. I can feel a bit a pressure emanating from beneath that friendly face of his.

"Alright. You coming, Subaru?"

I have a feeling I already know what he wants to say...

1. "I was thinking about leaving."
    2. "Sure. Give me a second."

Character Status

Name: Tsutsumi Subaru
    Sex: Male

Will: 8
    Sanity: 10

Currently a third year student at Gokusou Academy, Subaru is something of a loner. While his childhood friend often pushes him to attend club meetings, he often avoids conversing with the other members. Furthermore, he is known to get into disputes with other members of the student body; however, in none of these instances has he been known to fight back. Often times he's helped by what few friends he seems to have, but even still it doesn't seem like he's willing to open up to them.

Relationships:
    Kitou Mana- Best Friends (7)
    Ohara Yuji- Best Friends (6)
    Hagiwara Naoki- Acquaintances (3)
    Shima Tsubasa- Acquaintances (2)
    Shima Takuya- Acquaintances (1)
    Tomori Kinue- Indifferent (0)
    Takagi Kira- Hate (-5)
    Satou Sakie- Dislike (-1)
    Nimura Akihiko- Indifferent (0)

Blog Entries
    2. Power through!!

Blog Entries
    2. "Sure. Give me a second."