Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Didn't Want to Reboot my Lewd Tentacle Quest in an Anime Forum but They Insisted Otherwise!

I Didn't Want to Reboot my Lewd Tentacle Quest in an Anime Forum but They Insisted Otherwise!

I jolted as I awoke. Had I really fallen asleep waiting for a call at work? I was supposed to be fixing printers for HP, not having a nap. I scrambled to check my phone, hoping that no one had been sitting there waiting for me.

Only to find there wasn't a phone. Or a computer. Or a desk. Or a call center.

Instead, I seemed to be lying on a barren world with quite the intimidating skybox.

It turned to face me, pointing its sickle at me. "You! Writer of Tentacles! You have swayed from your calling for too long. You have dallied in the stories of Elves, Space, weird androids, politicians, and other stuff. Now you don't even write quests! You have denied your true purpose!"

"It's called I got a job. I have other things to do."

"SILENCE WORM! I am casually destroying a star system while having this conversation. Do you really want to defy ME?"

I stumbled for a few minutes trying to think of an argument, "Fair enough."

"Good, now get writing. I want something to read while I'm waiting for worlds to explode."

I suddenly found a laptop in front of me. I started to think about what I wanted to write, but I realized that the original Tentaquest was very spur of the moment, and ultimately overthinking things probably is what lead to its death. That and I had a...tenta-lord(?) glowering at me as he brought ruin to entire worlds.

Instead, I decided I needed to figure out a setting.

1) Generic fantasy world like the first one
    2) Modern Day. There'd prob still be some magic and stuff
    3) Tentacles...in space!
    4) That Castores setting I used for a short-lived RP. I'm making a Wiki for it anyway...
    5) Write in?

Last edited by Janx; July 8th, 2017 at 07:52 PM.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    I'm tempted to write in "5. See where this goes, and have Janx as the MC," but I'm not that mean.
    2. Modern day: Urban tentacle fantasy.

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind. Changing my choice to
    4. Castores. With Tentacles. After all, that thing sounds like he'll kill you if you don't add tentacles, which is a bad thing. I gues he's one of those underrepresented minority gods.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Exploring the land of dead aliens and new civilisations, all while having a ton of tentacle fun
    Count me in for 4

Blog Entries
    5. Why limit ourselves? Let's travel to a setting spreading the slime around before jumping to another.
    Last edited by Daiki; July 1st, 2017 at 10:13 PM.

hmm not many votes...

Blog Entries
    4) That Castores setting I used for a short-lived RP. I'm making a Wiki for it anyway...

Rip Castores. You'll now live on as a Tentacle Quest.

Sure, why not Castores? I was already working on a Wiki for it anyway. I had debated continuing my android quest in Castores from a ways back, but I had a god telling me to do a tentacle tale. So, I guess this would work a secret compromise.

I began writing my tenta-tale….

Life.

There was life entering this ruin. There was life in this ruin. There was life in me.

From a puddle of black goo, I emerged. A core of darkness surrounded by a number of sinister appendages designed with but a single purpose: to fill holes. Despite having no memory before this moment, an odd sense of nostalgia rans through me.

I am quickly reminded I am not the only being here however. While they are not in the immediate vicinity, I can hear their voices echoing throughout the halls. They seem to be in pursuit of someone.

I am in some massive ruin. Great stone pillars reach from the floor to the ceiling. At least, the ones that haven’t been toppled by the ages that is. Nearby me slumps a large, albeit empty, suit of armor, from which spills the dark substance I have formed from.

The voices seem to come from my left, though it is hard to tell with how sounds bounce around here.

1) Hide in the suit of armor, maybe if they pass by I can get the jump on someone.
    2) Pursue the voices to attack them.
    3) Pursue the voices by stealth to see what they are first.
    4) Go the opposite direction from them, maybe I can find what/whom they are looking for.
    5) Ignore them and explore, I can climb all over the place here with my tendrils.
    6) Write-in
    Last edited by Janx; July 5th, 2017 at 10:32 PM.

Blog Entries
    3) Pursue the voices by stealthily to see what they are first.

3 sounds good yeah

I decided to seek out the source of the voices. I had many questions, one of the most pressing being ‘why was I alive?’. It seemed like their entrance had created some sort of reaction. Was I indebted to them? Or was it their folly to have brought me into being?

Of course, they also probably knew the way out of here.

Sneaking up on them proved to be not too difficult. Though they had quieted down, the sound of their light footsteps still carried through the still ruins. As I got closer, I found their position marked by a cold white light. The many pillars, bridges, and piles of rubble provided ample cover for me as I approached.

Eventually I found myself hiding behind a pillar as they approached my position on the bridge. There was five of them in total. Four of them were decked out in snow-white and sapphire, their armor both elegant and spikey, as if made from shaped icicles. Three were warriors with sword and bow, while the fourth looked to be a wizard.

Of course, what interested me most was their fifth companion.

Out of all of them, she was the only female. I felt my tips twitch.

Her companions did not seem to be a fan of her, however.

“You better not be leading us astray, Fallen,” chirped the mage, “Your entrance into the Queen’s grounds is dependant wholly on your ability to provide us the target.”

“She knows, Lysandas. Now be quiet, you are going to give our position away to our quarry.”

1) Keep following them
    2) Approach them and try to talk
    3) Attack them
    4) Try to steal away the waif….female.
    5) Leave them to go find who they’re looking for.
    6) Write-in

1, and eventually 4

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    4, we all know this is a waifu quest, there can be no other answer
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For the love of God- 4.

I see now, the key to getting more people to reply was to start posting the waifus.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    I see now, the key to getting more people to reply was to start posting the waifus.
    As someone who specifically held off posting here until I could be sure things were going down the ecchi route, this is 100% true.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I hate repeating, but we have a set path - ​4.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

My path was set. I had no other choice. I had to have her.

With the path the Elves were taking, they would pass right by me. I merely waited where I was, hearing their soft footsteps grow closer and closer. Eventually I could even feel the magic of their light.

I let the two front guards past me, then leapt from my hiding place. They had only fractions of a second to respond before I collided with the she-Elf and coiled about her, sending us both hurtling off the far side of the bridge.

Considering the long drop, I tried to reposition us so my spongier form took the brunt of the fall. This proved harder than I thought as the woman struggled and kicked at my many appendages.

This only got worse once we fit the floor. My form spasmed as the shock ran through it, loosening my grip on her just enough to let her get an arm free, draw a shortsword, and attack me. How cruel! I was just trying to claim my first waifu.

Pain lanced through me as she cut at the tendrils trying to regain their hold on her. I managed to wrench the sword from her hand, but I lost focus on her other arm, and she grabbed another sword with that hand and fought me off.

I felt pretty pathetic, being outdone by the worst woman I had attacked. I thought she would surely be the end of me, send me to some dojo, and reboot me back to my previous choice, but surprisingly, she took my moment of weakness as an opportunity to run.

I stumbled to prop my core up by its tentacles as they regenerated. I needed to whip myself back into shape. I couldn’t let my first quarry get away!

Despite my renewed determination. I quickly became apparently that she was a faster runner than me. As she disappeared into the archway ahead, I realized this was going to be difficult unless she got lost and had to turn around. She couldn’t possibly know her way around this place…could she?

Slithering as quickly as I could after her, I was surprised to find my concerns unwarranted. A short ways past the archway she had been stopped by trio of tentacled horrors like myself. She had her bow out now and seemed to be firing arrows at them, but beyond holding them back for now, they didn’t seem particularly effective.

1) Pounce on her from behind and claim her as mine. She’s distracted!
    2) Rush to her rescue, maybe I’ll endear her to me with my heroism.
    3) I see a pipe nearby for forge coolant, maybe I can use that to blow my competitors away.
    4) Write-in.

1, donut steal my waifu

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Since 2 & 3 has a chance of the waifu escaping, it's best to choose 1​.
    Last edited by SleepMode; July 7th, 2017 at 09:17 PM.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    Going with tentacle-grape right away is the obvious choice, but I'll go with 2 as the more interesting option. Let's surprise elf-chick by playing the hero for once...