Thread: The Name Rater: Share Your Pokémon's Nickname!

Blog Entries

The Name Rater: Share Your Pokémon's Nickname!

Welcome!
    This is the Name Rater thread, where you can share your pokémons' nicknames and judge everyone else's however you see fit.
    This idea was taken from PKMN.net, which is known for its merciless name rater.

The Rules:

1. As in the games, Nicknames may be up to twelve characters long.

2. When submitting an entry, start with the species name. Your nickname comes next. Leading with a sprite or stat screen image of the Pokémon in question is encouraged, but not required.

3. You are encouraged to write a short blurb that states your reasoning behind why you gave it the name.

4. There are are no restrictions on what nickname you leave. It can be a clever name you came up with for a beloved teammate, or it can be something shamelessly weird you gave something you caught as a joke. Anything goes. Just be aware that a particularly unsuitable nickname may be subject to mild ridicule.

5. Before submitting any nicknames of your own, you must first review the nicknames of the person who posted before you. The review doesn't have to be in-depth; just say what you think of it, whether or not you like it and why. Keeping it brief is encouraged. I know this is the 7th, but try to keep it respectful. However, I have no qualms about flaming a highly trollish nickname. i.e. If someone gives the name 'COFFEE!!!!!!' to a Wailord with the same thing as a description but with a hundred exclamation points, tearing it to pieces is not frowned upon but is actually encouraged. And yes, I've seen that done on another website.

6. Please limit yourself to a maximum of three submissions at a time. The next person has a submission of their own, and three is already a lot of stuff to review, even if they're short.

And that is everything. Have fun.

Note: this is a thread for specific names. Making a general statement leaves others with very little to work with.
    Also, if no specific name has been listed in the post before yours, you don't have to rate anything.
    Last edited by Wolfshadow; July 9th, 2017 at 12:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    I played every single Pokémon from Blue and Red to X and Y and never gave a single Pokémon a nickname, rate me.

JP Friend Code
    101043939/キ&#12511
    Blog Entries
    During my first pkmn game I didn't know what a nickname was so I just wrote Aaa.
    After figuring out it named my Pokemon I did the same thing as mcjon.

Blog Entries
    Any Pokémon with a gust attack should always be named butt.
    Ever wonder why Shirou likes Saber to have some tea when he starts cooking?

Quote Originally Posted by hero View Post

But I can admit Manny is a better character, he´s an idol after all.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I name all my Ghost Pokemon after dead history figures. Ghastley/Haunter I try for people who were decapitated. I miss Boleyn from Y.
    Atlus: Just Make an Eroge Already.

Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED IGLOO 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt S2 IBO