Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 271011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: CROWNLESS (OOC)

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    All these reviews made me curious about people's sheets. Do they get posted anywhere or is there no way for me to ever find out how great they are.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I didn't think I'd get in but that's fine, congrats to everyone who did! I'll be cheering the underworld from the sidelines and be waiting in character purgatory.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    All these reviews made me curious about people's sheets. Do they get posted anywhere or is there no way for me to ever find out how great they are.
    I'm willing to post links to whichever sheets Kirby won't be keeping as NPCs.

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    KATIE TELLS ME TO DO THE RP OOC PICTURE THING

DOESNT DO IT
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    its being proofread

"The law doesn't exist to rule over us. We're the ones who create it. We obey it, because we choose to."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    I don't really have it in me to follow an RP I'm not in, so I may post mine later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    actually, you know what, fuck it

this is what I do when I am not consciously trying to edge

Meet the Ravenor.
    Name: Cain sythe.
    Alias: Ravener
    Faction: Harvester

Faceclaim:

Background:

It was such a simple thing. Cain didn't mean any harm. His had been a small village, far removed from the greater cities that were the last true bastions of man. Little places like where Cain had been born could still be found all throughout the half corrupted wilderness. Filled with hardy and brave people determined to eke out a livelihood away from the grand machinations of the greater factions.
    But misfortune always came for such places eventually. If said frontiersman had created a life outside the control of the factions, then they also lived outside the protections provided by those greater men.

Cain had simply gone a little farther then he was supposed to is all. A naturally bright and inquisitive child, while out wandering for food...because even a child was expected to contribute...he had simply gone a bit to far in searching for a place to lay his self made traps for rats and rabbits.

And found himself facing the tracks of the Wolf. Oh to be sure, when he had come across the blighted land, Fenris was already long past, off on some purpose fathomable only to that great beast himself. But the aura of his domain, the infected blight had lingered like a festering pool of that mocked the world of life. Cain's eyes, drawn with morbid curiosity, had lingered on the poisoned path must have seemed almost dazzled, hypnotized, trapped utterly for a timeless moment.

Then the young boy turned and sprinted home as fast as his undeveloped legs would take him.

When he got home, he had kissed his mother without shame or embarrassment for the first time in a while, clung to his father's side with a fervor bordering on religious, and as he closed his eyes to sleep that night, the glittering stars just revealing themselves overhead, he had promised himself he would never ever go outside the safe areas again.

...But when the sun rose the next day, it was already over.

As the boy slept, that same lifeless, deathless darkness had slithered into town on machinations unknown, and found the boy in his bed. Without hesitation, like a thousand black snakes, they had struck at and into the boy. Cain woke up just in time to die.

...A boiling mass of the blight, rippling at the child's form, melting organs, dissolving bones, had burst forward like an exploding pustule that continued to pump out the life killing blight. By dawn, the entire town had been returned to the void.

...But a strange thing happened then. Almost as if recoiling from the gentle light of a new day, the seething mass of blight that had once been a humble village began to recede, tame, vanish. That boiling mass of shadows began to churn and retract. Even as they had spun out endlessly, so again did tendrils and rivers of shadow began to withdraw until they receded into a single lump of flesh no larger then a boy.

Years later, the Ravenor began to to make his presence known.

A very strange ESPER who, even among Fenris knights seemed extraordinarily close to his king, Many whispered that he must have been only just short of becoming an aberrant and should be driven out or killed less the dark wolf turn his eyes their way. Yet all was not as it seemed. Ravenor, as it would turn out, had remarkable resistance to the blight. Seeming to even be able to resist corruption on a scale sufficient to violate even the holiest of knights. It was then other rumors about Ravenor surfaced. That he was a great scientist who had worked some miracle into his flesh. That he actually had control of the blight and could even eliminate it. That he was some form of avatar of fenris himself, controlling the blight as one did a loyal dog.

Whatever the truth, Ravenor was surely one who would leave his mark wherever he went.

King: Fenris

Strength (STR) - E (A)
    Precision (PRS) - A (E)
    Body (BOD) -C
    Intellect (INT) -B
    Agility (AGI) - C
    Willpower (WIL) -C

Hardware: Cybernetics.
    Ravener's entire body is comprised primarily of a gelatinous sludge, synonymous with the extreme progression of Fenris' strain. By incorporating advanced liquid metal through his frame (See perks) Ravener is an unholy merger of mechanics, blight, and man. His exceptional mechanical skill improves and codifies his ability to manipulate this level of equipment.

Marksmanship: Minigun
    In long rang mode, Ravener is brutal with his left arm attachment, Ravener can overwhelm enemies with a blistering barrage of high caliber rounds, enough to reduce even reinforced steel to shreds in a matter of seconds.

Close Quarters: Chainsaw.
    In close quarters mode, Ravener is brutally efficient with the massive chainsaw his body can manifest. Though not especially fast, extreme cutting power mixed in Ravener's ability to discern and exploit weaknesses in an opponent's defenses make him extraordinarily dangerous in CQC

Software: Defensive networks.
    Ravener is fully aware that his integrated matrix presents a weak point to enemies skilled in hacking. As such he has spent considerable time reinforcing the electromagnetic screens and security functions of his internal networks. Between this and his ability to alter his cybernetics on the fly, Ravenor's cybernetic body is all but immune from electronic hindrance or take over.

Biotech: Aberrant absorption
    Ravenor, as a harvester, has a long history of collecting crests for personal study or to sell, and has an excels at a particular strategy. Due to his unique make up, most of his enemies are severely blighted or even fully aberrant by the time he overwhelms them, and as such, he is excellent at fighting and consuming foes lost in toxins. The closer an enemy is to becoming an aberrant, the more skilled Ravenor is at defeating them.

In a very real sense, the moment a foe is poisoned is the moment ravenor is already eating them. It is for this reason he receives the name, Ravenor.

Core Nyctos: The strain that was absorbed into the Ravenor, a piece of that king whose very nature calls to the blight, and has altered what was once a simple village child into something more then...or less then human. Due to the Nyctos core and the effects it has had on his regalia, besides the purification factory located in his liver, Ravenor's entire body may be considered a natural extension of the Black Wolf.

Substrain: Will of fenris. (1 Pollute strain.)

The parts of Ravenor that are still flesh based are in a constant state of writhing flux. A mass of ever multiplying blight ready to infect an opponent or purge the earth of anything alive. A pollutant matrix which has the sole purpose of collecting and multiplying the blight.

Purification factory - (Liver) (2 Reform strains)
    The one part of Ravenor's body that is still whole and solid. Empirical evidence of ravenor suggests that it still exists in a solid form somewhere in the writhing mass, though attacks to the general
    area have proven ineffective. It is theorized that the liver is actually consciously moved to different areas of ravenor's body in order to conceal a potential weak point.
    Incidentally, when not otherwise in use, large amounts of the liquid metal within Ravenor's body harden around the liver to protect the vital point.

Regalia - Amorphous body:
    Because Ravenor's body is mostly sludge other then his liver, he can freely alter the shape in interesting ways. He primarily uses this for defense or consumption. The most obvious means is by liquefying an area just before an attack lands, he can limit its effectiveness. Far more insidiously however, against an opponent who is weakened off guard, it becomes possible to simply slosh onto him and begin directly absorbing an opponent, burning away non-essential material with pure blight and consuming the crest directly.

Function: Restoration
    An unusual function of Ravenenor's core due to the affliction of fenris' crest. Because Ravener's entire body is malleable and liquid, it is possible to repair damage caused to the body by liquefying and reforming. Obviously by further drawing on the blight to heal his body, the blight within him will rapidly increase.

Function: Purification
    The ability to purify the blight through the factory in his liver. A creature of endlessly spewing and purification of the blight, Ravenor's entire body is a contradiction of warring factions constantly in flux. Because the substrain powering the factory is stronger the the Fenris' core, Ravenor has as of yet stayed one step away devolving into an aberrant part of fenris.

Function: All consuming blight.
    Ravenor's body is a seething mass of blight and pestilence. Converted to numbers, left unchecked by the factory in his liver, his body itself would be considered the rough equivalent of a functioning domain of Fenris, a blight capable of washing away utterly a great city. Due to its malleable nature, Ravenor can infect his regalia with toxin in order to directly transmit blight into an opponent, or even load parts of his body into his grenades to create blight filled explosive blasts that coat the area in toxins. A particularly devastating aspect of the all consuming blight is the Ravenor's blight has been at constant war with his purification abilities, always trying to overwhelm them. The constantly shifting nature of Ravenor's blight makes his toxins highly malleable, capable of mutating in response to enemy techniques or systems designed to restrain the blight, rendering them ineffective.

Focus - Refinement.
    In instances of increased strain, the purification factory in Ravenor's liver will fly into overdrive, even as it did when he consumed the town of his birth. By powering up in response to exposure, his body will produce a last ditch effort to avoid being reabsorbed into Fenris.

...Though it must be noted that due to Ravenor's scientific curiosity, he does at times wonder what he might due as part of that greater whole.

Malus - As corruption increases, The will of Fenris begins to assert itself. Without being able to control it, Ravenor will begin to haphazardly emit blight into the air, poisoning others and himself as well. In severe stages, Ravenor is less a man then a walking natural disaster, a literal walking blight on the level of the passage of the Black Wolf

Perks:
    Neural Implant: Cyberbrain
    The most common augmentation, possessed by nearly everyone. The integration of mechanical and electronic components into the brain, it allows one to directly connect to networks without external devices. This allows one to directly download files or memories, access the Net, interface wirelessly with devices, and connect with other cyberbrains to communicate. In other words, the modern replacement for phones. Also allows software and applications to be loaded into the brain. At this level, only minimal levels of cyberization have taken place.

Affiliation — Academia (2 PP)
    Connections to the academic community, researchers and intellectuals. While not particularly influential, their value lies in their findings, and fruits of their research.
    Ravenor's experiments into his own nature have yielded significant advances into the research of blight on the human body and the world at large. Several universities have offered him asylum or even honorary degrees in advanced bio-mechanical fields. He often trades information or schematics with other professionals when the time is right, contributing significantly to

Augmentation — Full Cyberization (5 PP) +3
    Full-body cyberization, leaving only the central nervous system organic. Up to 6 chosen effects may be taken, and may affect the entire body.
    Ravenor's experiments into his body have continued to a literal inhuman level. With no solid mass other then his liver to really constrain him, he has developed a special biomechanical wonder which has increased his combat and research abilities exponentially. Mixed in with the sludge that is his body is a special liquid composite medal that reacts to certain bioelectrical signals he has learned to produce with assistance from his cyberbrain as well as formations of blight in certain localized areas. At will, he transforms from an outcropping of gelatinous flesh he creates a reasonable facsimile of a man, to a mechanical terror which can assault his enemies with multiple terrifying implements of battle.

In long range mode, he has access to a heavy minigun capable of firing hundreds of rounds per minute with high accuracy on his right hand and his left hand will morph into a massive well optimized grenade launcher. Its worth noting his overall accuracy with the grenade launcher is not as pinpoint as with the minigun, but he compensates with a significantly larger area of effect and by coaiting the area with lingering blight to infect his enemies. (see skills for more details)

In short range mode he operates a massive chainsaw he wields with both hands to devastating effect.

Changing from mode to mode is relatively quick and simple, but he is incapable of attacking in the turn he does it. Changing modes also alters certain secondary factors of his body. Short ranged mode includes advanced servomoters in his his arms for pinpoint control of the chainsaw, while long range mode integrates optic magnification and an advanced IFF system into his visual cortex.

His final piece of equipment is a short range jet pack which allows him to make extremely fast point to point maneuvers in a fight, significantly increasing his tactical options. In particular, a jet burst to close in short range mode can lead into a devastating slash with his chainsaw

(functionally, shifting modes swaps the stat on STR and PRS)

I once mentioned on chat that if I had to choose someone who my PC reminded me of, it would be deadpool. Surprisingly for me, this had nothing to do with puns. Instead, it was the basic premise of someone whose body was constantly creating something that would kill him, except he was healing faster then the blight could abberate him. There is also some nero chaos and a bit of the T-1000 in there for flair.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I am not consciously trying to edge
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Cain sythe
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    that was really more of a pun

so I guess you could say

*puts on shades*

...my puns are pretty sharp

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Are you sure you weren't born with spiky black, white, and red hair and a studded leather jacket?
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    My god… Toby made Coherent Arakune!
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    whats an arukune

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    It's a blayblu
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Should we find the Sword of Morning Glory Gag Reel scene?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, just to be clear, it doesn't matter how you pronounce it, you're pronouncing it wrong. Even the JP voice actors don't have a uniform agreement on how it should be said.
    F/GO Supports

Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    you ever notice gag real sounds like a rather literal minded description of the outtakes footage from a deep throat porn movie?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    *Tries not to laugh.*
    It's not funny. It's not funny. IT'S NOT—
    *fails*

Yes. Yes it kind of does.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries

“It is all too easy to falter under adversity. It is simple to assume that once tainted, you are damned forever by society. But fear not. God does not judge the body but the soul, and the human spirit is beautiful and pure if one truly aspires for salvation. All can be saved if they seek His warm grasp, for His light is a beacon to us, the forsaken, cursed with even more than sin.”

“...Isn’t that right, Samael?”

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Since Tobias posted his sheet, I'll post the first version of my guy. If you read it, it's quite clear my RP skills are quite minimal and I didn't really have any idea what I was doing.

Wait, what do you mean you want to call me DEADMEAT?

Name: John Doe
    Alias: PREY
    Faction: Underworld - Empire of Rose

Faceclaim:

Background:
    John Doe was once just an innocent civilian; probably in a school somewhere with a one-sided crush. But that is all irrelevant to John as he is now; the only important day of his life was the day he died.
    Somehow, somewhere, he was infected by The Serpent in an attack that heavily brutalised his body. Left completely broken and bleeding out, he was "rescued" by an agent of the Empire of Rose. This agent offered to save his life, but it was never a choice. Here he was rebuilt from the ground up.
    Waking up for the first time, he had no memory of who he was before. Given the name "John Doe" he was put through extensive reconstruction which enhanced his abilities and taught how to use his Crest. Although retaining his innocent personality with almost childlike curiosity, his morals have been 'reassigned' to mould him into something of an enforcer for them.
    He has no real preference on who wins between the sector and those who oppose them but complies with the underworld simply because their "truth" is all he knows.

King: JORMUNGANDR

Attributes:
    Strength (STR) - C (3) Precision (PRS) - C (3)
    Body (BOD) - C (3) Intellect (INT) - C (3)
    Agility (AGI) - A (5) Willpower (WIL) - B (4)

Wound Capacity: 4 Strain Capacity: 3

Talents:
    Close Quarters: Guerrilla
    As a part of his training, he was taught in how to use short and concealed weapons to fight as well as using the environment. He does so to make up for his unfortunate aim with firearms.

Stealth: Infiltration
    The ability to remain undetected Skill in bypassing enemy lines and hostile areas, and operating without being detected.

Software: Remote Hacking
    Hacking synthetics from a distance. Compounded by his Crest’s passively generated electric field, he is skilled in compromising and seizing control over machinery and network-connected hardware, especially cameras and security systems.

Crest Composition:
    Core -
    Discharge
    Kinesis -
    Left Arm
    Accell -
    Legs

Regalia -
    Fenthriss (Left Arm)Manifesting in the left arm, it's a series of intricate glowing tattoos that can emit a target pulse of electrical energy and weaken the electromagnetic systems, dealing extra effects on synthetic targets and leave them vulnerable for a while.

Functions -

Magehand -
    Using his telekinesis, he is capable of moving objects with his mind to a degree, whether it is throwing people to the floor from a distance with a gesture, choking them without even touching them or quietly lifting valuable objects and bringing hem to him. (Force Push/Pull/ Choke from Star Wars basically)
    Disturbance Field -
    Passively emits an electromagnetic field, that interferes with wireless signals within a 10 meter radius, allowing user to hack and link up with online electronics within the field, allowing one to covertly link them up with one’s cyberbrain.
    Windwalk -
    By amplifying the power in his legs, he is able to "Flash Step" and increases his speed, moving silently and quickly for short periods of time.Blight -

Focus - His electric field allows for easier control of electronics.
    Malus - It has enhanced his pain receptors leaving him with a lower tolerance than most.
    Perks:Neural Implant — Cyberbrain
    The most common augmentation, possessed by nearly everyone. The integration of mechanical and electronic components into the brain, it allows one to directly connect to networks without external devices. This allows one to directly download files or memories, access the Net, interface wirelessly with devices, and connect with other cyberbrains to communicate. In other words, the modern replacement for phones. Also allows software and applications to be loaded into the brain. At this level, only minimal levels of cyberization have taken place.
    Equipment — Crested Weapon
    The users 45cm blade is subjugated by him, allowing him to wield it telekinetically and attack enemies who would be out of arms reach. Its true function is the crest it carries - Pollute, allowing him to blight targets in addition to dealing regular injuries.

Augmentation — Software

Requires a cyberbrain. Programs implanted in one’s cyberbrain, which can be run for hacking other cyberbrains, even during combat.

Affiliation — Underworld

As an enforcer for the Empire of Rose, he has connections within the organisation as well as the rest of the underword's other agents he has worked jobs with for information or advice.

History - Trauma
    Although his memories from before he was reborn by the Empire of Rose has been lost he still suffers from the effects of the attack. He does not cope well with stress and may undergo a breakdown should be placed in a situation with overwhelming odds against him. Furthermore, should he encounter the King that knighted him he may be as likely to enter a panic attack or a berserker rage

- - - Updated - - -

Also everyones intros seem pretty nice as well.