Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: CROWNLESS (OOC)

Blog Entries
    all right kirby, sent
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Might as well give this a shot
    "Nothing is the greatest gift Mankind has ever been giving."

"Wait. How so?"

"Because it's the only thing Mankind can ever give a shit about"

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ok this looks really tempting, but the only experience I have with RP's is the pen and paper style with D&D and I'm not quite sure how they'd work on forums like this.

I might try and make a sheet in the next few days but I'm not sure it will make the cut.

Question. Can we take the same substrain on two different part of our body or is it only one substrain per limb?

"Wait. How so?"

Blog Entries
    If you are asking if you can put a fire strains on each arm two duel wield flame throwers (or whatever), pretty sure folks did that last time.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Awesome!

"Wait. How so?"

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You can take multiple Strains per body part, yeah. For example, if you have 3 substains available, you can stick them all in your head if you like.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok this looks really tempting, but the only experience I have with RP's is the pen and paper style with D&D and I'm not quite sure how they'd work on forums like this.

I might try and make a sheet in the next few days but I'm not sure it will make the cut.
    You can take a look at things like Ga Rei or Fort for ideas on how general play-by-post RP works. Though in general, it's a lot more freeform and less dependent on numbers and rolling.

Incidentally, some others have voiced interest in a CROWNLESS campaign on roll20, so if you prefer tabletop sessions to play-by-post, if we get enough people interested I can run a campaign there too alongside this.

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    And there go my worries. Actually my character as I'm making him might actually work quite well in Roll20. On second thought, maybe not. He might be OP there in ways he wouldn't be in PbP, but I suppose that'll be for you to decide when I finish him.

- - - Updated - - -

To have a focus, do we need to go at least one substrain over our limit and go into green?
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Don't think so. I didn't and I have a focus.

i think the idea there is that you can potentially have an extra strain and a permanent buff but at an elevated risk of slipping into perma-death due to blight overload

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I see. I don't think my character is the type to risk that though. I'd actually kind of like to, but it'd be out of character. Can Core: Displace espers teleport or would one need to make that a Focus?
    F/GO Supports

Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    unless your char has a dedicated history in which his current strains were stolen he doesn't have a choice.

strains are just mutated organs that sprung into action after a triggering event.

edit: and pretty sure you need a function to use an ability like that. Hence the requirement you have at least one.

in other words in order to actually make use of your strain or crest you have to have spent some time practicing to avoid teleporting into a wall or into space because you forgot to account for the earth spinning and flying through its orbit.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Basically, it works like this.

Say you have a BOD rank of C. Then your Strain capacity is 3.

So say you have 3/3 substrains in your system. In-game, you consume a Strain and gain another, giving you one over capacity, 4/3. This raises your lower Blight threshold by one stage: before your lower limit was Blue, now it's Green. With 5/3, your lower limit is Yellow. 6/3, Red. And so on.

Because of these lower limits, when you have Strains above your normal capacity, you cannot heal yourself beyond said lower limit. So with 4/3 Strains, you can heal at most to Green, but not Blue.

If that makes sense to you.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Functions, right, okay, I still haven't made those, time to do that.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i can play either the PBP or the tabletop crownless, im making two sheets nayways
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    So, how's things?

There's no deadline, is there?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lace View Post
    There's no deadline, is there?
    There is, though there is also plenty of time, it's 7/23

thanks person with reading comprehension