Page 1 of 15 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: CROWNLESS (OOC)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

CROWNLESS (OOC)

Seventy years ago. The day the world died.

An affliction overtook the world. Power at a parasitic price. A new breed of humanity had emerged, humans infected by strange organ-like growths— Crests— that granted powers and corrupted the body. This emergence shook the balance of the world, and the world went to war.

The year is 2090. The conflict had long since ended, and humanity’s numbers have devastated by war, congregating on their last bastions of survival, the few remaining hospitable regions left in the world. The Sectors.

Of course, the war never truly ended. It only changed. Instead, the war continues through covert means— political machinations and terrorist attacks, mass surveillance and media control— and it rages on, organizations of all ideologies struggling for control. Under the veil of peace and the banner of restoration, humans and Espers continue their battle for dominance in the underground, a war to decide the future of a species.

You are a Knight: an advanced class of Esper who has survived your awakening, seizing control of your powers, overpowering the parasite. It matters not how you became an Esper, be it through natural mutation or artificial creation; or why you fight, be it for power, pleasure, or an ideal to protect.

The King cries out,

“Was the power worth the price?”

The Premise
    Yes, we're doing this again.

For those who weren't here last time, this is a reboot of a cyberpunk superpower RP, taking place in an original setting, based off a whole slew of of anime and games: Nasuverse, Darker than Black, Tokyo Ghoul, Ghost in the Shell, Psycho Pass, K Project, Deus Ex, and so on. The gameplay itself will mostly be a mix of PvP and PvE, though it wouldn’t be entirely combat focused, and stealth and social approaches are also viable. Compared to last time, it'll be a lot more free form.

Many of the setting details remain similar, though things have been elaborated on or streamlined. Copy-pasting the general setting info from last time:

The setting itself revolves around Espers— this world’s flavor of superhuman. Espers are beings infected by parasitic pseudo-nervous systems called Crests, that add to and alter the functions of the body: setting it ablaze, hardening it steel, allowing for the control of water, and so on. You play as a Knight, an advanced class of Esper who can manifest a weapon called a Regalia.

While the rulebook does elaborate on the properties of Crests and Espers, I’ll abridge the main points here:

1. The Crest is essentially an organ, and can be transplanted, grafted, and surgically removed.
    2. Espers can consume the Crest of other Espers, to absorb their powers or to increase their own. This is the primary way for Espers to increase their powers.
    3. The Crest corrupts and consumes the body— an affliction known as Blight— which strengthens the Crest, but in turn drives the host to insanity, until they are turned into a monster.
    4. As for powers, you choose from a selection of basic varieties, called Strains, to pull off more complex actions. For example, if you wanted to shoot blades like a railgun, you could do so by using a basic metal manipulation and electricity manipulation Strains in tandem.
    5. The one thing that does make Espers unique from each other is that they can manifest an extension of their body based on their psyche, called a Regalia. This can be a weapon like a blade or arm cannon, or other things like wings, exoskeletons, visors, and so on.
    6. There are thirteen powerful Espers known as the Kings, who can infect other humans with their Crest. You can choose to be subject to a King, and in exchange for your loyalty, you gain a portion of their power, though your body and mind are left at the King's mercy.

As for the world, the game takes place in a war torn Earth, in which the world was torn apart in a war between Espers and Humans. Much of the Earth has been left uninhabitable, and the remnants of humanity have congregated into city-states, called Sanctuaries. Sector One, the first Sanctuary and the forefront of humanity's reconstruction, is located in what used to be the Nile Delta, a former warzone turned shining metropolis. While the war has formally ended, Espers and Humans fight for dominance in the underground.
    For character creation details, and more setting information, see the Rulebook.

Changelog
    Or: What changed from last time?

The changes were mostly systematic ones, reducing most of the numbers to ranks, and cutting out as much convoluted or extraneous stuff as I could. Thus, the game itself would be much more freeform from before, and will require much less book-keeping. To list a few things:

• Attributes, rather than being based on numbers, are now ranks
    • Instead of HP and Blight being numbered values, they're more like ranks or stages. For example, stages of Blighting, or "you can take X many Wounds before going down"
    • Strain EXP and leveling has been cut
    • Rather than the body-map system used before, Crest Compositions now use a simplified system in which a limited number of Strains can be taken
    • Talents are separated from Perks, and have their own, elaborated section
    • Perks are now bought with points, and you may mix and match perks as you please
    • Rather than having an unlimited amount of skills, you now get a limited amount of general "functions" you're familiar with, akin to the Corollaries from Crystallum
    • The number of factions has been reduced from seven to three, but factions are a lot more general now, and players may make subfactions as they please. For example, the Bureau and Purists are considered subfactions of the Sector, and the Empire and Liberation Front are considered subfactions of the Underworld
    • Some details on the Kings have been expanded on

Applying

See the rulebook for details on character creation, make your sheet according to the template, and PM it to me. There are sheet templates as well as some example sheets on the bottom. If you need help creating your character or finding a way to fit it to the system, you can ask me for help. If you show me your sheet early, I will only give you honest, blunt feedback if you ask for it; otherwise, I will refrain from making comments.

I will accept six people, two from each major faction. Sheets will mostly be chosen based on quality and how interesting I find them: character backstory, powersets, and so on. I will also try get in players who aren't in any other active RPs.

The application deadline will probably be in two weeks, 7/23, though I can extend if circumstances allow, or if interest peters off and we get enough players, we can start early. If you have questions, I'm available over Discord, IRC (#regalia), or plain old BL PMs. Don't message me on Skype, I will not see it.

Sector Slots:
    1. Plue, as ARBALEST
    2. Lace, as EGLANTINE

Underworld Slots:
    1. Frantic, as 2D
    2. Prix, as LILITH

Independent Slots:
    1. Bloble, as VIDOFNIR
    2. Katie, as PENANCE

Sheets received
    Arkturus
    Bird of Hermes
    Bloble
    Draconic
    Frantic
    Janx
    Katie
    Lace
    Palad1n
    Plue
    Prix of Heroes
    Racinger
    Rafflesiac
    Siriel
    Snow
    Tobias
    Typhous
    Vritra

Q&A
    Q: How many sheets can I send?
    A: As many as you like. I'll only pick one though.

Q: Can I submit NPC Sheets?
    A: If you like. These will be much more likely to get in, but I'll have to approve of them first, and I may or may not use them.

Q: How many Strains can I have in a single part of the body?
    A: As many as you wish. The maximum amount is determined by the substrain cap.

Q: Can I resubmit characters from last time?
    A: Yes. Be sure to adapt your previous system to the current one.

Q: If I got in last time, will I get in now?
    A: No guarantees. What might've worked last time might not work now. Similarly, just because you didn't get in last time, doesn't mean the idea won't work now. Plue come back please forgive me

Q: What does the Symbiotics talent do?
    A: Taking a talent in Symbiotics is not required to be proficient in the use of your Crest, unlike the other talents. Instead, it indicates exceptional talent with certain aspects of controlling your Crest, be it a certain Function that you're the most talented at, or things like resisting or controlling Blight.

Q: How does allocating Strains to body parts work?
    A: You can allocate multiple Strains to a single body part: for example, putting multiple substrains in your head or arms. Also, a single substrain can correlate to multiple body parts: for example, you can allocate a single substrain to both of your arms, or both your legs, instead of needing to take a substrain per limb.
    Last edited by Kirby; July 26th, 2017 at 11:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    <Airen> I play hetero every once in awhile
    Spoiler:
    <~Katie> dude who gives a fuck about girls being gay, sometimes girls aren't gay and that decision should be respected

Spoiler:
    [12:21.40] that might be a top tier post[12:21.45] frantic[12:21.47] post of the month, even[12:21.48] this right here[12:21.49] is MC [12:21.56] johnny has nothing on this dude[12:22.00] he's the MC of the nisio half[12:22.12] so wait[12:22.15] [ ] is, after all, my rival character[12:22.16] am i the gag heroine[12:22.20] yes

Part of me wants to reboot...whatever my char was called for this.

The other part reminds me it wont be the same without my husbando Velyoukai.

Blog Entries
    ...hmmm...I wasn't able to stay with it last time, but I regretted that later. Maybe I should rectify that mistake?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Is blighting affected by intelligence or willpower? Because the rulebook says INT but implies WIL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Derp, that was something I forgot to change. It's WIL.

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    yes
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Blog Entries
    So, the Concentration Strain doesn't exist anymore?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh, I think I forgot to port that over. Adding it back in.

Blog Entries
    Neat

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm ready boys
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

I wanted to make a new character, and well, I tried,

Blog Entries
    Btw I can't read the rule book on my phone. I think it's a text color thing
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I can read it fine on mine, but that might be because it opens in Docs for me. Is it for you, or is it opening in browser or something?

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Only six slots, huh... May as well try... I suppose there's a chance I'll get in...
    Also, are exactly two people going to be selected from each faction?
    Last edited by Draconic; July 10th, 2017 at 04:02 PM.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    I can read it fine on mine, but that might be because it opens in Docs for me. Is it for you, or is it opening in browser or something?
    Actually having opened it on my desk top im not entirely sure it wasnt just having trouble loading all the images and might plausibly have loaded if I had given it more time

Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    Only six slots, huh... May as well try... I suppose there's a chance I'll get in...
    Also, are exactly two people going to be selected from each faction?
    Im not sure the sheet I am writing will get in due to extremely limited space, but it may actually be the most metal sheet I have made

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    You're more likely to get in than me.
    All I've got is survivor's guilt and a hero complex... actually that's pretty typical of my characters, with the sole exception being my Kancolle fake Bismark.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.