Page 27 of 367 FirstFirst ... 17222526272829323777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Toncas View Post
    Hopefully I'm not too late. I'd like to give fuller reviews at some point, but for now:
    No, because of all the scheduling extensions and things I think we’re going to take 1 more day before I tally up the votes.

You have until 12:01 A.M. EST of Nov. 2.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, after finally reading zikari's Seven School Mysteries/Zashiki Warashi sheet (I've been busy lately, and wanted to wait until I could really enjoy it) I've had to change up my votes a bit. Is that okay?

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't stop you, but think this: it is very disrespectful toward the guy whose vote you changed.

You shouldn't vote before you absolutely sure of it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I wouldn't stop you, but think this: it is very disrespectful toward the guy whose vote you changed.

You shouldn't vote before you absolutely sure of it.
    I've kind of already done it... sorry, I'll have to be much more careful next time.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Bit Late with my votes and mentions but here they are.

3 Points - N.M.P by Zork Knight

2 Points - Alcatraz by Aridwolverine

1 Point - Queen of Sheba by Spartacus

Commentary on most of the sheets below, I tried to get as many as I could and sorry if I didn't put one down for yours but I simply haven't had the spare time for it.

Useless words from a Hasbeen

Jean-Henri Fabre

It’s awkward being the first entry because you end up being the bar set and it can be quite tough (which is why I always hold off on them). However you set the bar well, I have said it before but this is a considerable step up from your previous El Cid

N.M.P

I can see Mobile Suit S.U.M.A.N.A.I showing up in a comical /GO event quite easily, and I mean this is the best possible way. Although ridiculous it is by no means incoherent it works and ties into canon in a spectacular way.

Wilhelm Tell (Appleshooters)

I like it, it’s a nice way of combining all the ‘Appleshooters’ together but like ‘You’ said, you could have gone into the character and ideals of what it means to be an appleshooter more. Good, but coulda used more polish.

Attila the Hun

A good idea what works well but for lack of better words, its needs more spark, something to make it stand out more. While the two invaders would naturally work well together it feels more like Altera but with one new special ability. For future reference, I’d look at how You converted Brynhildr into the Saber class and think of something along those lines.

H.G Wells

The idea is neat but time travel is akin to True Magic and as a result inherently broken. It would have been fine if you treated it as such a big deal but you didn’t and as a result it’s all a bit… underwhelming. I don’t like having to type that because if you reworked it just that little bit more it woulda been fantastic.

Anna Ioannovna

A good idea but suffering from the same ailment as my sheets, it lacks a certain wow factor or a super strong concept to work around, we’re kinda in the same boat.

Alcatraz

Good concept, great execution. Nothing more I can add that hasn’t already been said

Mary Anning

Dinosaurs are always fun.

Arsene Lupin

Too much Persona 5, either do a full Phantom Thief clone or something original ya washed up hack. 0/10

The Little Match Girl

The two halves complement wonderfully to make a phantom that fits the bill great. The who sheet is structured in a sad and melancholic way that would tell the personality of the character without even having to write it down which is impressive.

REGEND – SAVIOUR OF FRANCE

I like Korijo for the same reason I like the last contests Bryn. Ye presented a familiar face in a new class, made it work and gave good reasons for it and all the phantoms together make for a solid theme.

Zombie Cid

The idea that ya sniped from me. Bias aside I like the concept and have been surprised why I’ve never seen anyone else think of making El Cid in this way before. However at the same time there is a LOT of missed potential. The main critique is the class, he could so easily be made a Rider and it wouldn’t change anything. The main focus of an Avenger is WHO they to stab in the neck with a shiv they made from a toothpick and Why. Give me reasons for why that class; does he hate those who killed him? Does he hate those who didn’t/wouldn’t save him? Does he hate the idea of a hero and and rage about that despite all his achievements he died unsatisfied and cried out for more? Just that little bit more would have brought it to the next level.

“Solomon”

Good idea executed well with good characterisation and good concepts behind it. I can easily see her emptying peoples wallets on a /GO rate up. Nothing bad in the slightest but the reason you didn’t score higher was because other people did what you did but a little bit better.

Demon Sword Jubei

Why didn’t you add a Puss-in-boots phantom to make him like the Blazblue's Jubei? Come on man, how long has it been since you wowed us all. You disappoint me Old Hipster of the CaS thread.

Cowardly/Androcles Lion

Missed potential. That’s my complaint with this sheet. I understand why you put the two lions together but it doesn’t make the final sheet greater than the sum of its parts. My advice for next time (should a category like this arise) would be to put phantoms to add to each other more. An example I just thought of would be putting the cowardly lion a character like Sir Ywain – the Lion Knight, not only does the Arthurian character have a legend based around lions but he could teach the ‘cowardly’ lion about bravery and why its better to kiss dragons than kill them.

Xiao He

I like it and what it could have been but unlike the Kojiro sheet, it’s a little… messy. The ideas behind everything are good, there’s no denying it and you’ve made a strong start honestly some parts feel like they’re halfway done. If you took a second look, reworked a little and brushed it up before posting Archer of Jiangsu 2.0 in the regular thread then everyone would have for it.

Seven School Mystery’s
    I really like it but it was late and kinda (ish) breaks the Tyrfling rule so I excluded it from my votes. Wish I didn’t have to but I didn’t feel it would be right.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Cowardly/Androcles Lion
    Missed potential. That’s my complaint with this sheet. I understand why you put the two lions together but it doesn’t make the final sheet greater than the sum of its parts. My advice for next time (should a category like this arise) would be to put phantoms to add to each other more. An example I just thought of would be putting the cowardly lion a character like Sir Ywain – the Lion Knight, not only does the Arthurian character have a legend based around lions but he could teach the ‘cowardly’ lion about bravery and why its better to kiss dragons than kill them.
    I kind of agree with you about the missed potential honestly. I hit kind of an inspiration deadlock for this contest and went through a lot of ideas before settling on this one, so I'm not surprised it didn't blow you away. The Ywain idea actually sounds a lot cooler then what I went with. Heck, I even just about admitted in his Personality section that the Androcles Lion added very little personality-wise...

Thanks for the feedback, at least.

I wanted to make a more detailed vote but I was really busy this week. Also I chose to do not HM because too many great ones this time.

3 Points - Attila the Hun (Probably since I already like the background of the character, and reading this sheet made me want to try someday an "alien" Servant, well I did Kaguya in the past, so a second one I guess).

2 Points - Mary Anning (It reminded me of my Fabre and I always wanted a dinosaur-related Servant)

1 Point - Taira no Kiyomori (I like Stingy Jack as a Servant/Phantom, cool Sheet, and festive for the month)

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You and Bird of Hermes' reviews
    Needless to say, I have to thank the two of you for thoroughly looking through my sheet. Especially You since I forgot to reply yesterday.

Admittedly, this was the biggest issue I had with Jiangsu Archer; I tried to keep it under the categories of Chinese-based fables, but the attempt to mix them cohesively was somewhat buggered halfway. Given that I had to scrap five other ideas before sticking with him, the screw-up was bound to happen. But yes, some retouching will be in order.

(The Skills section is the biggest offender...)
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepMode View Post
    Needless to say, I have to thank the two of you for thoroughly looking through my sheet. Especially You since I forgot to reply yesterday.

Admittedly, this was the biggest issue I had with Jiangsu Archer; I tried to keep it under the categories of Chinese-based fables, but the attempt to mix them cohesively was somewhat buggered halfway. Given that I had to scrap five other ideas before sticking with him, the screw-up was bound to happen. But yes, some retouching will be in order.

(The Skills section is the biggest offender...)
    It had good concepts behind it and it's clearly resonated with a few other voters to give point and with me and you to give those reviews. I can honestly say it was better than my Jubei and Arsene (they haven't even gotten any mentions)

But if you were to do Jiangsu Archer 2.0 I would be eagerly anticipating it.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I can easily see her emptying peoples wallets on a /GO rate up
    Let's those hetero kids cold hard cash flow
    No, this is seriously how my mind works actually
    Cash cow is good for continuity of a franchise

Blog Entries
    3 Points - Robert Johnson + 27 club

2 Points - Happy Prince

1 Point - Snow Queen

Despite my best intentions, no commentary yet. I recently had to be lectured on my inability to write a peer review, so I cannot in good conscience write advice without it being as good and tangible as I can muster.

Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    3 days left before voting begins!
    Time to start preping reviews then!
    haha yeah that didn't happen

Ended up having a busy few days, so I haven't had time for reviews/comments until now.

Ok 40 reviews lets fucking go

40 reviews

Assassin - Jean-Henri Fabre + Mothman by Hakuro: The first sheet, always tricky, but in this case well-done. I kind of would have liked to see a little more of the Cryptid stuff explored but I still think this is a very solid effort and a pretty fun sheet.

Saber - N.M.P™ by Zork Knight: Hilarious but also genuinely good and interesting conceptually. An absolute blast to read and the quotes are just perfect. A very special thanks to Mr. Siegfried.

Assassin - La Llorona + German by Express: The fusion is a little disjointed but the core concepts of the sheet are all pretty good if you ask me. The skills in particular are well-defined and interesting.

Assassin - Corpo-Seco by pinetree: Pretty weak, not that that's necessarily bad. Still, his personality is kind of one note and he doesn't really come across as all that threatening, which kind of makes him seem forgettable.

Archer - The Appleshooters™ by Omida: You (user) already wrote an analysis of this, which is pretty excellent. That will become a minor theme of this review session. Imo, you combined all the Appleshooters together, but this sheet kind of just feels like any generic one of them rather than a fusion of all of them. As You said, you need to show more of what the nature of the trope and demonstrate what being an "Appleshooter" means.

Assassin - Attila the Hun + The Martian by TresserT: Not bad but it does feel a little too similar to just normal Altera, as others have said. I would have liked to see more complexities in the Phantom combination and also more weirdness. Having the Martian as a Phantom but only using it to this degree feels like a bit of a waste imo.

Berserker - Robert Johnson + 27 Club™ by JetKinen: Really crazy premise which just built and built on itself. I would have liked to see a little more of the 27 club as they kind of get sidelined a little, but the reality marble at the end is really well-thought out imo and doesn't feel tacked on, unusual for RMs.

Caster - Johnny + Guiseppe Tartini by Funderfullness: Theme and character choices are excellent but I would have liked to see more discussion/exploration of the similarities/contrast between the two in their interactions with the devil. And yeah, and JetKinen said, there's a small disconnect in the first NP where he's a binder of demons and yet the story goes that he is unable to achieve the devil's perfection.

Rider - H.G. Wells + John Titor by Sunny: As a character I love it but as others have said the actual sheet has some conceptual problems, Titor NP especially. I also kind of feel like the Wells Time Travel and Titor Time Travel should connect more naturally? I do think the skills mostly worked for me (though more Titor influence would be nice). On a general note, I think you are excellent at expressing really unique and detailed character concepts briefly but with an almost poetic flair that just emanates with style. Some of the lines you wrote in Robbespierre, this one, and Damocles were genuinely excellent, with the little exploration of Damocles's character from the last contest in his personality section being my personal favorite.

Assassin - Tallemaja + Arsene Lupin by BearHero: A little undetailed and the NP's wording is a little confusing.

Archer - Anna Ioannovna+ The Snow Queen by Alexcoene: Not bad but like others have said a little lacking in flair to help it stand out amongst all the others.

Assassin - Alcatraz™ by Aridwolverine: A popular one so I don't have as much to say. Nonetheless, it's super well done. The faceclaim, skills, personality, etc all connect to make the character come to life. I don't think this is my absolute favorite sheet in the contest, but it's really damned close. Pretty much everything is done well. Moreover, even though it isn't my absolute favorite, I feel this sheet seems to encapsulate everything that could be done with this character, more than pretty much any other sheet in the contest. I don't really write all that many sheets, but I do sometimes think about future ideas. Every once in awhile, I come across a sheet that is so well done and so complete in its creation that I erase any future plans I might have had, simply because I don't think I could make any meaningful difference or improvement in my own version. I didn't have any concrete plans for an idea like this, but this still hits that mark, so in that I salute you.

Assassin - Kunti + Kuntilanak by ThirtyFour34: Unfortunately a pair of characters I'm completely unfamiliar with, which does always make it harder to judge properly. As a sheet, though, it does seem pretty well made. The first NP seems a little op and the skills are a bit overkill.

Rider - Mary Anning + Loch Ness by asterism42: Good FC and a pretty entertaining character. A little silly but not at all in a bad way. The First NP is also super interesting, almost moreso than the Nessie stuff.

Caster - Abdul Alhazred by Arkanian: The concept is kind of neat but it doesn't really stand out all that much. The sheet kind of just is, it doesn't really build and the character is a little one note. I do like the justification for his existence in the first place tho.

Assassin - Arsene Lupin™ by Bird of Hermes: I already commented on this one. It's good but I think the blend between phantoms was off since it's mostly Lupin which is kinda boring. You added a few NPs but they feel a little thrown in imo.

Archer - Natty Bummpo + Awi Usdi by SSW: Holy crap Twain's thing at the end of your author's comments is absolute gold. As for the sheet itself, it's pretty good but it doesn't really stand out all that much. The two phantoms play off each other reasonably well but the fusion doesn't really make them stand out.

Saver - Cthulhu + Vairocana by Aridwolverine: A crazy combination I probably never in a million years would have thought up. I think because of its weirdness, though, it needed to be explored more than it was; you have the little blurb at the end but it doesn't really reach the appropriate/necessary levels of wrongness in its vibe. Cthulhu Buddha almost feels too much like a normal Servant.

Assassin - The Abductor by kami-en: Kind of the opposite problem. I like that it's just a phantom with no other shenanigans, but this also almost doesn't really feel like a Servant sheet to me. It kind of feels more like something from the Modern Fiction thread or something, I think because the legend feels relatively modern and doesn't really have the mystique of a true Servant to me. Then again, it's just a phantom so it kind of shouldn't and also I think that my vibe may be more of a subjective thing so idk

Caster - The Little Match Girl + Fire-Fairy by Express: This is going to become a running theme, but You is a good bit more eloquent than I am and covered most of what I have to say. A few elements felt kind of disconnected from everything else (first personal skill and 2nd np in particular). On one hand, the personality section is pretty short but on the other we also get a sense of the character's...character over the course of the sheet so idk

Berserker - Sasaki Kojiro by zikari8: Hm. I can't really fault the sheet, it's genuinely well done, but the concept doesn't really work for me. Everybody loves Sasaki, but I feel like he's not really that interesting here. Granted, the vengeance-fueled one-track mind Berserker was kind of what you were going for, but I'm not entirely happy with the execution and think you could have done a little more. The Noble Phantasm fits your presentation of the character but I'm also not crazy about it.

Caster - Maximillien Robespierre + Dr. Moreau by Sunny: I really really like this one. A wild idea for a combination, but I think you pulled it together well. I think somebody commented that they didn't like the "dominant phantom switching" but I think that worked well for me as a different kind of phantom partnership. I think you connected the personalities well and the quotes you chose are absolutely perfect. It has all the same flair as Wells but I think the sheet itself is a little stronger.

Avenger - El Cid by NMR-3: I think everything I have to say about this one has already been covered by Sunny and a few others. Interesting concept but you don't do as much with it as you could.

Caster - Shiro Ishii + Pestilence by Saron: I'm not really feeling it. It's quite edgy and you don't go all that much beyond the initial presentation of the character.

Caster - Queen of Sheba + Pharaoh's Daughter by Spartacus: This is a great one, actually. I think I missed it the first time around so I'm glad I went back to look through and review everything even though it is taking absolutely fucking forever. No, but seriously, this is a pretty well-thought out and interesting sheet that also pretty fun to read, which is always nice.

Saber - Yagyuu Jubei Mitsuyoshi + Juuchi Yosamu by Bird of Hermes: I like this one, actually. He's edgy, arrogant and kind of immature, but I actually think it works pretty well. I think you could have done a tiny bit more with some of the skills to make it pop. I also would have liked to see a little more interaction between the phantoms. You had some, but more would have been nice imo.

Lancer - Cowardly Lion + Androcles Lion by RoydGolden: I think Hermes's commentary here is pretty on the mark. As a sheet it's not bad but there's a lot more that it could be.

Berserker - Taira no Kiyomori + Stingy Jack by Toncas: The character is larger than life in a good way, but the sheet itself doesn't quite live up to it. His personality section and the little interlude at the start are both very well written but the actual mechanical elements of the sheet are a little overly simple, I think.

Caster - Lamia by ItsaRandomUsername: I like this one. The direction you take the character and especially the NP are all pretty great imo. As Royd said, "At first she just seemed like the usual "sympathetic monster" Servant, but it was her Romantic's Delusion Skill that really sold me on the concept."

Archer - Xiao He + Zhang Fude + Seven Sages + Fu Bo by SleepMode: Kind of cheating with this one, but I don't really have much to see. I generally agree with everything You and Hermes said. Some of the stuff here is fantastic, but I'm not entirely happy with the way it's all tied together.

Archer - Jack Fiddler + Gaasyendietha by Funderfullness: Weirdly, I think this one kind of suffers in comparison to your original Jack Fiddler sheet. It feels like we're losing a bit of each character to make this fusion happen when the fusion should be adding to both.

Caster - Ludwing van Beethoven by Skull: Rip super scary urban legends sheet . This one is pretty silly and it seems pretty implausible that it would ever be summoned but it's still pretty fun, kind of like the Saber Isaac Newton from last contest.

Ruler - The Happy Prince + The Bluebird of Happiness by sutaa: My favorite of your sheets in this contest. The character is unique but super likeable. From a narrative perspective, I'm not entirely sold on the Noble Phantasm as the permanent and unquestionably successful alteration of one's fate seems a little strong even if it comes at the cost of the character's life. From a thematic perspective, however, it's great and I like the line "This is the gift of a future, and no gift more precious could there ever be."

Assassin - Sebastian Moran + Tinderbox Soldier by bylackbre: Its pretty good, but I would have liked to see explore the personalities of the two characters explored more and especially the relationship between the two of them as Phantoms explored more.

Caster - Four-in-One by sutaa: Clearly a lot went into this sheet, but it doesn't really work for me on a conceptual level. The combination here is one of the more bizarre and out there ones in the whole contest, and I feel it needed a little more justification and explanation than you gave it. I see what you were going for but I'm not really feeling it.

Rider - Dick Turpin + Black Dog by Toncas: You's review is pretty spot on here. Your work developing the personalities of the characters is pretty evident, but I think you could have drawn more out of the pairing, for the reasons You elaborates.

Rider - Jesse James + The James-Younger Gang by bylackbre: When I think Wild West, Jesse James is one of the first names that comes to my mind, so I was pretty hyped for this sheet. To be honest, though, I'm a little...disappointed? In terms of structure, it's fine and it doesn't really have any conceptual problems, but it doesn't really have anything standout. To me, having an outlaw like Jesse James is an opportunity to go over-the-top with your character, but this feels a little uninspired. The Noble Phantasms (especially the first) feel pretty generic, and I would have liked to see a custom skill or two. More detail in terms of his personality might have also helped.

? - Seven School Mysteries by zikari8: This is a really interesting concept and you tied together very well. It matches the tone of some of the less-serious Fate pretty well. The little snippets of dialogue feel pretty great, as well. Honestly, this feels less like a Servant than a story concept or a mini-fanfic.

Votes

3 points: Moreau/Robbespierre
    2 Points: Alcatraz
    1 Point: Queen of Sheba

Honorable Mentions: N.M.P., Wells, Happy Prince, Seven School Mysteries, Jubei

E: 1 minute late but fuck you; Sunny, you're also good
    Last edited by 4score7years; November 2nd, 2017 at 10:08 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden
    Yeah, the "hell of endless repetition" (and accompanying mental cost) was one of the coolest parts of the sheet. I know I've brought this up before, but how much (or at all) were you inspired by Okabe's ordeal in Stein's;Gate?
    Somewhat? Definitely one of the reasons I picked Titor as the second half, though I was also thinking of Umineko as well and the odds of a miracle. I purposely gave Wells mediocre AGI and physical skills despite his gun training to make him have to work harder and the odds to escape more severe for combat-related rewind feats. I'm regretting how I handled the Time Machine itself now, though. Ah well.

As for my votes...

3 Points: Mary Anning
    Great faceclaim, great skills, and a very charming phantom fusion. The idea of her palentology army is very cute and very fun to imagine in a Nitocris or Scheherazade-style servant. If I had to articulate why she snuck ahead of 4/1², then I'd have to say it's the sheer personality. Though did she really achieve that much fame? From what I know, she got very little credit in life, and was excluded from geological societies and only later received the credit she deserved.

2 points: Four-in-One
    I had to give this one credit for the sheer creativity of the concept. While some of the phantom choices seemed a bit too obscure or on-the-nose - mostly Tillie and Betty respectively - it's a very fascinating East meets West fusion/collab. The skills are apt and do a good job of linking the respective characters for each skill.

The fact she can split up into constituent parts is equal points weak and versatile, given her indirect method of advancement, which fits the guile theme she operates under. If I have a complaint, it's that Mulan feels like more of her own servant than part of a combination, but that's a small criticism.

1 point: Queen of Sheba:
    Cute and definitely an authentic-feeling Servant. I could very easily picture her in GO and I like the story you give her with who she pretends to be and why - but you also go the extra step of giving her her own personality besides just "why she's a fake Solomon." This was actually my #2 before sutaa posted, and it wasn't an easy decision to make. The wording was a little bit rough, but it oozed charm.

Honorable Mentions:
    Too. Many. To. Count.

Like, seriously. This was a very strong crop and it's hard to even pick my top 15 without agonizing over cuts. I really enjoyed what this particular theme inspired people to make. To that end, I'll start working on my summaries of my thoughts on the other sheets, but forgive me if it takes awhile. This is only a third for now.

Spoiler:
    Fabre:
    The extra effort this time really showed! There's a lot of personality and the skills are all strong, with a neat replacement for Presence Concealment. The NPs are good too, especially the first and third one. Bugs scare me, though. ;.; I think the restrictions on the NPs might be a bit severe though - losing communication skills is bad enough, losing even understanding of others is a nasty extra whammy.

NMP:
    I think the highest compliment I can pay is that it genuinely feels like an actual GO thing. The backstory and silly elements go together authentically and the digressions on the skills' unique aspects are well done. A very charming, strong and silly effort.

La Llorona:
    One thing I'm a bit confused on: the profile and history reads like La Llorona fused with German, but the NP and Conquistador skills are from La Malinche. While I know they are sometimes conflated, the sheet itself never outright says that in the history section... I found that a bit odd. Is it the generalized concept or specifically her? I couldn't entirely warm up to this one since the bio was only an explanation of the concepts, not a resulting character.

Corpo-Seco:
    G-gross...!

Not that that's a bad thing... He reads very abominable, like he's supposed to, and the passable curse is pretty nasty, if temporary. He's a little one-dimensional, but I guess a 1/1 pure phantom probably would be. It bothers me that there's no explanation how the curse is passed, though. Is it just 'if he wants to do it, he does it'? There's some unfilled gaps there.

The Appleshooters:
    An interesting choice. Mountain Crossing is -very- specific, in a meme-y "anti-Roman" sort of way, but I like appleshooter as both a skill and mantle for the phantoms as a whole. I didn't know about that many variations on the concept - and the 'must land a trick shot before I can use my kill shot' restriction is appropriate while still creating a useful NP. The personality is heroic, though a little flat. I'm surprised that many phantoms together would create a cohesive whole, though.

Atilla the Hun:
    I think the main reason I didn't vote for this one is the one raised above - it reads more like a modified Altera than a unique fusion. As amazing as the mental image of 'many Alteras' is - which btw is an awesome change to Civilization Altera - it just lacks a bit of an 'oomph' probably because Base Altera lacks that oomph too, without her Extella development imo. I think she would have benefited from a few more personality digressions or quirks - this one still sounds very mechanical - if not moreso - and that's the least interesting incarnation of her personality.

Johnny/Tartini:
    Interesting. I don't entirely like Miserere as a skill though - it seems more like a technique or a magecraft, not a personal skill. I would've even incorproated it into an actual Baptismal Sacrament or Baptismal Sacrament (False) before making it a skill all its own. But I also think it falls victim to the trap of 'sheet, not character.' I don't get a sense of either personality in the fusion, other than the facts of their bio or the one reference to Tartini's wish.

Robert Johnson:
    On the other hand, you definitely get a personality on this one. I do love that they were posted practically together at the same time. This one does a nice backstory - working in a Demon God Pillar surprised me a lot. The 27 Club seem pretty subsumed into the sheet though, which ends up just being Johnson and Naberius alone. Not that a phantom fusion needs to have more than one dominant personality - but I think if you're fusing a large number of different people, it wouldn't be that easy to keep the other voices quiet. (See Yan Qing).

I buy a single personality if it's just 1+1, but 1+... -google- Wikipedia alone has like 40+ members, and some of them don't seem the type to go quietly into the gentle sheet.

H.G. Wells:
    Abstain. There's already been pretty well-taken criticism that I undercut the seriousness of time travel, but I needed to for what I wanted it to be. It needed more time in the oven, but then, most of my sheets do.

Anning:
    See above.

Abdul:
    I like the use of Evaporation of Sanity, though I probably would have used Prelati's existing Illusion skill rather than making a new lunacy one. That would have also emphasized the phantom connection. Speaking of, I do rather like incorporating Francesca into the backstory and the hack she used for him. You make a pretty clear character, which is always a big appeal for me. A pure sheet without a person behind it is usually one of my big turnoffs.

Robespierre:
    Eheh. He underperformed a bit from my expectations, which weren't low, but then I entered him just to exorcise the concept from my head more than to craft a winning entry. He turned out "okay" to me but I'll abstain again.

El Cid: I already went into this one in detail, so I hope it's okay if I pass over it.

Signature by fumato

Blog Entries
    Ignore my Chrollo post above (that I just deleted). I somehow posted it in the wrong thread by mistake and I meant to put it over in Create-A-Mage...

Blog Entries
    Kya! W-Whew. Thanks and sorry for the delay. I spent too much time thinking.

I'll still do the other 2/3 tomorrow, but I was worried about the time.

Signature by fumato

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'll be taking a page from Sunny and voting ahead but i plan on finishing the feedback. If i have missed the time, it's fine

3 Points: Four-in-One
    This is my favorite sheet from a pure concept and mechanical wise. The All-American Gal is my favorite concept ever. If i could complain about anything would be that i'm not a fan of the separation part of the Noble Phantasm. I much prefer her as an single complex being.

2 Points: Happy Duo.
    The Prince and the Blue Bird are my favorite character personality wise. I don't have any real complaints going with them, i just prefer Four-in-One more.

1 Point: Alcatraz
    An exercise in execution. Not my favorite servant mechanically or character-wise but the idea was just perfectly executed that i have to give it a shoutout.

some "feedback"
    Assassin - Jean-Henri Fabre + Mothman:Great first sheet of the contest. When we're talking about interesting powersets Fabre comes up top, and the second Noble Phantasm specially is one of the most interesting in the competition in my opinion. Good selection of skills, with Cryptid Mysterious Nature being a great skill for a narrative. The first Noble Phantasm also fits Fabre very well, though its mostly a conduit that allows the most interesting second Noble Phantasm to be used. The third Noble Phantasm is decent, but i think the Mothman by himself is quite boring. that its not to say that it doesn't fit him, but whenever he uses that Noble Phantasm it just feels like a less engaging character has substituted the most interesting one. It's a small suggestion, but i feel like Cryptid Mysterious Nature should be on a weaker rank on human form and gets stronger on Mothman form.

Saber - N.M.P™
    Super fun sheet. At the end of the day is a pretty simple servant powerset wise, with a Swordbeam NP, but RoboMessiah is dripping with so much character and the connections to the lore it's truly impossible to dislike him.

Assassin - La Llorona + German:
    Interesting sheet. If i'm understanding it correctly La Llorona really is 3 "main" identities. The basic archetypical idea of a mother who miss/kill its children, La Malinche as the main identity and the Aztec Goddess Cihuacoatl. I think the Llorona aspect of the sheet is pretty good and that really is 99% of it. German however adds nothing. He seemingly only exists to circumvent the Item Construction restriction of her Noble Phantasm.
    I'm aware that "mute" phantoms are a thing in canon with Yan Qing and Moriarty, however i'm personally not a whole fan of just using the Phantom for a pure mechanical reason specially such a minor one. I think this sheet would've been better off without it.

Assassin - Corpo-Seco
    The Ultimate Rebellious Son. As a Huehueman this is, if nothing else, a funny sheet. When i first read it kept me thinking on some other brazilian urban legends. I tried to do something with the Perna-Cabeluda, my absolute favorite urban legend, but couldn't find a good partner at the time. I had the Saci in mind so he could pass as a normal human being with the additional leg, but the idea was so dumb looking i decided to put it on the shelf.
    The idea of sharing negative skills with the enemy is interesting but some of the bits of Rejected Abomination is weird. And by that i mean that the first and main negative characteristic of it seems to be too restrictive. I get that he is supposed to be a bard servant all in all, but when is another servant (or even himself) going to find themselves underground.

Archer - The Appleshooters™
    Great idea, good execution, though the idea William Tell isn't famous/real enough to become a full fledged HS is a weird place from where you have to start on. Having accepted that you're left with a pretty good sheet. Appleshooting is such an mechanically clean design it's a surprise no one in the TM has anything close to that. I am however not a fan of the Noble Phantasm. Maybe its the way its described it, but it doesn't sound flashy enough? I don't want to ruin a clean design, but maybe something do something based around a "vendetta" system , where ones arrow becomes stronger and stronger with each wrongdoing Appleshooter and its loved ones receive, i dunno, just throwing some ideas.

Assassin - Attila the Hun + The Martian
    Gotta be honest, i don't like it. It doesn't feel different enough from Altera to warrant the creation of the sheet. The idea "Attack of the 1000 Alteras" and Dhalsim Altera are pretty funny i guess, but it doesn't feel distinct enough. Having the Photon Ray there only helps to create this feeling about it.

Berserker - Robert Johnson + 27 Club™
    I'm actually pretty proud of this sheet but some self-criticism is in order. I think the biggest offense of my sheet is putting the 27 Club on the sidelines, compared to Johnson and Naberius. the 27 Club is as good as a hook as those two concepts and maybe it should've be a more important cog in the machine. I ended up writing how Johnson was tormented by the voice of the seemingly infinite number of the club, but didn't delve into it hard enough to truly matter besides being a passing notion about it. However in retrospective i think this is my best sheet yet? Israel is funnier and i quite like Henry, but this one feels more consistent. I'm sure i look arrogant as fuck right now lmao.

Caster - Johnny + Guiseppe Tartini
    What a coincidence this was. Spooky even. I feel like my main criticism still stands. I think theres some disconnect between lore and sheet. Virtue of the American South is a funny sounding skill . Sorry, i don't have much other criticism

Rider - H.G. Wells + John Titor
    I thought this was a great idea with some very good execution, though i have some problem with it narrative-wise. I don't mind how banal Time Traveling is to Wells, however i do think the "Hell of Repetition" has been severely reduced thanks to Wells personality and Zealot skill. Wells is for a lack of a better comparison, not Okabe. Okabe is a common man who threw into a desperate situation almost lost his soul. Wells meanwhile feels like he has already sold his soul and hardened his heart. Maybe he fits better as an antagonist as he surely doesn't seem like the one to break under said Hell. His PTSD doesn't even seem to be affected by it.
    Also that second NP really should be an EX Noble Phantasm.
    Musashi vs Wells would be an interesting confrontation

Assassin - Tallemaja + Arsene Lupin:
    lets talk about the other Arsene Lupin sheet too.
    Too much Persona 5.

Archer - Anna Ioannovna+ The Snow Queen
    Surprised people haven't talked much about this sheet. It's pretty good, but i feel like theres too much "moving parts" to it. The first Noble Phantasm is more interesting than the second one imo.

Assassin - Alcatraz™
    The definition of a clean sheet. Great Complex Idea with a Great Simple Execution. Shoutouts to the Faceclaim that really helps selling the character. I actually not a fan of the NPs mechanically, but this is an exercise in execution that should be commended

Assassin - Kunti + Kuntilanak
    M-mommy...
    Having an On-Off button for the Phantom Takeover is interesting, but at first read this reads more like a regular Kunti sheet with a tacked on Kuntilanak transformation at the end. The abilities of the two doesn't intersect in anything particularly interesting beside the baby eating, which is admittedly a cool concept but i feel it could be more.

Rider - Mary Anning + Loch Ness
    Dinosaurs are cool and thats an easy sell. Great NPs, with great personalities. There is not much i can say that others haven't.

More feedback to come possibly. You can see how my feedback just dies halfway through. I'll come back to it, i promise.
    Lots of great sheets all around. I want to congratulate everyone. Even the sheets that i truly didn't like there was something interesting going on with them.
    Last edited by JetKinen; November 2nd, 2017 at 12:57 AM.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Ok, everyone! The second (Bi-)Monthly Create-A-Servant is now complete! Now open up a shitty drumroll video on youtube because it's time to announce our finalists!

In 3rd place, with 12 votes

Mary Anning, by asterism42!

In 2nd place, with 13 votes

N.M.P., by Zork Knight!

In 1st place, with 21 votes

Alcatraz, by Aridwolverine!

A huge congrats to our winner. You have until December 1st to think up a prompt, send it to me like 5 days before the contest starts (I'll remind you). Also, the Magus contest has begun, go check that out.

In other news, 4score suffers a minor brain aneurysm from double-checking addition after hours of writing reviews. JetKinen, your vote was included, though it added to the confusion of the addition
    Last edited by 4score7years; November 2nd, 2017 at 01:00 AM.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well deserved victory for the winner.

Just the cleanest of designs.

Thanls for accepting my votes
    Last edited by JetKinen; November 2nd, 2017 at 01:31 AM.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Grats for our winner, Aridwolverine.

3 score, I'll take that. Though, I nearly lose my self-esteem when I was confident that Sheba is thrice better than Edward.

I need to train in Hyperbolic Time Chamber on my quest for EX Rank NP wankfest competition

Congrats on winning Aridwolverine, can't wait to see what the theme of the next contest is.