Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    3pts: Shikhandi

2pts:
    Robert Deyville/Robin Hood

1pt:
    Omphale

The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    3 points: Hou Yi

2 points: Robert Deyville/Robin Hood

1 point: Omphale

Blog Entries
    3 points: Arrow-Odd

2 points: Shikhandi

1 point: Mazan the Brave

3 points: Shikhandi

2 points: Omphale

1 point: Hou Yi

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    3 pts: Robert Deyville/Robin Hood
    2 pts: Red Horn
    1 pt: Hou Yi

Honourable mentions: Marco Polo, Hermes Trismegistus
    Last edited by Blastedspider; December 26th, 2019 at 04:38 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    3 Points Omphale
    2 Points Shikhandi
    1 Point Marco Polo

Honourable Mentions:
    Hou-Yi, Red Horn, Robin Hood

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    First of all, thank you so much everyone who acknowledged my entry! I was super honored with every vote, honorary mention or not! ;-;

But yes, if I am permited to vote too, I'd like to give my points to these fellas:

3pts: Arrow-Odd
    2pts: Marco Polo
    1pt: Wernher von Braun

Honorable mentions: Red Horn, Robert Deyville
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    3 Points :Hermes HE/She were a big surprise for me.

2 Points :Marzan

1 Point:Red Horn Lady

Honorables:Omphale, Shikhandi
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    And now, for the last contest of the decade

3rd place with 9 points

Omphale by zikari8

2nd place with 11 points

Robert Deyville by Skull

1st place with 12 points

Shikhandi by BnEl15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    VERY well deserving winners right here! (Despite all the amazingly consistent sheets we had in this edition. It was indeed a tough choice.) Congratulations, ya'll!
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Congratulations to BnEl15!

But all the sheets were really consistently good this time around. Very tough competition indeed!

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow, thanks everyone. After three attempts at this contest, I finally made it not just to the top 3, but the first place. Guess lurking around here has really helped me improve my sheet-making skills. And I agree, there's quite a lot of good sheets on this month's contest, props to everyone.

Blog Entries
    Congrats BnEl15. Forgot to vote this time but definitely would have voted for yours. You definitely won the toughest contest we’ve had for a while, guess everyone had great ideas for archers.

My Servant Compendium

Ever wonder what a Holy Grail War set in Texas would be like? Well wonder no longer because here is:
    Fate Texas Night
    Become Naunet the next leader of the Atlas Institute and fight your way to the top of a deadly war.

A-ah, how do these work? Are we just waiting for a member to suggest a prompt?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The contest is every other month, and asterism supplies the prompt (as decided by the last winner). The last contest was in December, so the next one will be in February.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It starts today right?

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Blog Entries
    It should, but asterism hasn't put forth the prompt for this month's theme yet.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi, I'd like to suggest a prompt for February's contest. As the month is synonymous with Valentine's day, how about "love"? Figures whose love becomes a core/defining aspect of their legends. To keep it from becoming too restrictive, it doesn't have to be romantic love, platonic or familial could work as well.
    Three weeks, as per usual
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Archer of "Adventurous Love"

“I have no patience for those who would deny the heart of a good story based on the faulty meritorious presumption that one’s travels might be anything less than extravagant and fantastical, my lord. Veracity, above all, is the cardinal virtue by which I mean to both make my way through life, as well as perhaps afford some small entertainment in the meantime.”

Other Classes: Rider, Berserker, Assassin
    Epithet: Lügenbaron
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Place of Origin: Germanic History/Fiction

Height: 7’0”
    Weight: 300 lbs
    Blood Type: X

Likes: Perilous adventure, encountering friend and foe alike
    Dislikes: Boring, painful drudgery
    Talents: Engaging storytelling
    Natural Enemy: TBA
    Image Color: Steel Grey

Parameters:
    STR: B
    END: A
    AGI: C
    MGI: D
    LCK: A
    NP: C

Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance: E
    Magic Resistance grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.

Cannot cancel spells, but magic damage is reduced somewhat.

Independent Action: A
    Independent Action is the ability to remain independent even when rejecting the Magical Energy supply from one's Master; the ability that allows for action even in the absence of the Master. At higher ranks, it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without an established contract.

It is possible to take action even without a Master. However, to use Noble Phantasms of great magical energy consumption, backup from the Master is necessary. At Rank A, it is possible for a Servant to stay in the world for about a week without a Master.

Personal Skills:
    Marksmanship: A++
    Marksmanship is a Skill representing all-round shooting techniques, which includes quick drawing and trick shooting by means of small arms.

The territory of “greatest marksman of the 18th century” is occupied exclusively by Archer, there is simply no man who even approaches the level of skill Archer has consistently displayed by force of arms. Though prioritizing the use of muskets and rifles, Archer is by no means limited to such contraptions. He has been known to bring down prey through the ingenious use of a sling, pistols, as well as physically relocating his chosen projectile by the strength of his muscles alone.

Perhaps Archer’s most famous anecdote of marksmanship concerns the use of a cannon, with which he perfectly repelled a similar cannonball belonging to the Spanish, during the Siege of Gibraltar. Archer, of course, humbly shifts the cause of this magnificent shot to luck and the lad operating the cannon.

“I had brought a most excellent refracting telescope with me from London, purchased of Dollond, by the help of which I found the enemy were going to discharge a thirty-six pounder at the spot where we stood. I told the General what they were about; he looked through the glass also, and found my conjectures right. I immediately, by his permission, ordered a forty-eight pounder to be brought from a neighbouring battery, which I placed with so much exactness (having long studied the art of gunnery) that I was sure of my mark.

I continued watching the enemy till I saw the match placed at the touch-hole of their piece; at that very instant I gave the signal for our gun to be fired also.

About midway between the two pieces of cannon the balls struck each other with amazing force, and the effect was astonishing! The enemy's ball recoiled back with such violence as to kill the man who had discharged it, by carrying his head fairly off, with sixteen others which it met with in its progress to the Barbary coast, where its force, after passing through three masts of vessels that then lay in a line behind each other in the harbour, was so much spent, that it only broke its way through the roof of a poor labourer's hut, about two hundred yards inland, and destroyed a few teeth an old woman had left, who lay asleep upon her back with her mouth open. The ball lodged in her throat. Her husband soon after came home, and endeavoured to extract it; but finding that impracticable, by the assistance of a rammer he forced it into her stomach. Our ball did excellent service; for it not only repelled the other in the manner just described, but, proceeding as I intended it should, it dismounted the very piece of cannon that had just been employed against us, and forced it into the hold of the ship, where it fell with so much force as to break its way through the bottom. The ship immediately filled and sank, with above a thousand Spanish sailors on board, besides a considerable number of soldiers.”
    An “aimbot”? Of course it’s nothing like that. Please, cease such foolish accusations.

Mystic Eyes of Flame: C
    Eyes with the power to interfere with the outer world. Specifically, the imposition of external heat value to one’s immediate surroundings.

The possession of such eyes remained unbeknownst to Archer himself for a large portion of his life, awakening to the precious heirlooms residing within his skull by way of an accident which caused not a little harm to Archer’s own body.

“One morning I saw, through the windows of my bed-room, that a large pond not far off was covered with wild ducks. In an instant I took my gun from the corner, ran down-stairs and out of the house in such a hurry, that I imprudently struck my face against the door-post. Fire flew out of my eyes, but it did not prevent my intention; I soon came within shot, when, levelling my piece, I observed to my sorrow, that even the flint had sprung from the cock by the violence of the shock I had just received. There was no time to be lost. I presently remembered the effect it had on my eyes, therefore I...levelled my fist against one of my eyes. [The Baron's eyes have retained fire ever since, and appear particularly illuminated when he relates this anecdote.] A hearty blow drew sparks again...and I killed fifty brace of ducks, twenty widgeons, and three couple of teals.”
    Is there anything wrong with an honest man discovering something significant about himself at an inopportune moment? No? Even a man whose eyes unleash Hell can give himself up to tears, fiery though they may be. To have the world dyed rosy simply by opening one’s eyes, am I not truly blessed for this alone? Ah, do watch out though, for you shall be burned to a crisp!

Determination of Steel: A
    Determination of Steel is a composite Skill, combining the effects of the Valor and Calm and Collected Skills, that allows one to completely ignore pain and endure superhuman speeds.

Archer’s way of life, sublimated into a skill. A worldly gentleman who conducted his way through life with panache, patience, and oftentimes overwhelming amounts of violence. Despite all physical setbacks, he persevered. Despite numerous claims of his insincerity, he never lost the composure of a gentleman. He has never succumbed. Should one compose oneself diligently, one’s success in all matters is practically ensured. His only failures are the tasks he has yet to attempt. The end result is a complete blocking of his sense of pain, resulting in a superhuman mind and body that can endure even super-high-speed action.

Though, is it really due to his countenance, or that strange body he seems to possess…

Noble Phantasm(s):

Wunderbare Geschichten
    Topfschlagen--A Lack of Ammunition is Inexcusable

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1~99
    Max Targets: 1

Archer’s cherished musket. A purely modern firearm, yet its feats far outshine what one could feasibly expect from such a model. Culling thousands of polar bears one day, to serving as armament for Archer during a military operation on the moon the next; the fact remains, such a modern weapon cannot possess an adequate amount of Mystery equal to a Noble Phantasm of even the lowest rank. Of course, for a man such as Archer, to not properly gird oneself with one’s weapon is the same as leaving the house undressed. So he made do.

Hamesh Avanim, the legendary sling of King David, has been carefully installed as a carrying sling for Archer’s musket. But, wait, that kind of claim is a bit much, isn’t it…?

“You wish (I can see by your countenances) I would inform you how I became possessed of such a treasure as the sling just mentioned. (Here facts must be held sacred.) Thus then it was: I am a descendant of the wife of Uriah, whom we all know David was intimate with; she had several children by his majesty; they quarrelled once upon a matter of the first consequence, viz., the spot where Noah's ark was built, and where it rested after the flood. A separation consequently ensued. She had often heard him speak of this sling as his most valuable treasure: this she stole the night they parted; it was missed before she got out of his dominions, and she was pursued by no less than six of the king's body-guards: however, by using it herself she hit the first of them (for one was more active in the pursuit than the rest) where David did Goliath, and killed him on the spot. His companions were so alarmed at his fall that they retired, and left Uriah's wife to pursue her journey. She took with her, I should have informed you before, her favourite son by this connection, to whom she bequeathed the sling; and thus it has, without interruption, descended from father to son till it came into my possession.”
    While Archer has been known to use the sling for its intended function, it seems he’s purposefully opted to use it as a means of raising his musket to the level of a Noble Phantasm. Consequently, none of the sling’s inherent properties seem to have transferred over. That being said, the musket is far from a useless piece of equipment.

Archer, on his many journeys, would oftentimes find himself without access to ball and powder with which to load his musket. Naturally, the improvisation of ammunition became not just a hobby, but in certain situations an actual necessity. Perhaps most famously is the incident in which he loaded a handful of cherry pits in place of grapeshot for use against a certain stag he was hunting. While the shot landed, it failed to actually kill the stag. Instead, a full-blown cherry tree soon began to grow from the creature’s cranium. Working in tandem, the musket and Archer’s anecdotes create a Noble Phantasm of “exponential growth towards logical extremes”. A cherry pit grew to its logical conclusion and became a tree. A nail Archer had once fired (in an effort to not damage a fox’s coat with regular shot) instantly skinned the animal all at once without damaging the tail. This effect can be imparted to any potential improvised ammunition, obviously so long as it can actually fit inside the musket.

As with his ancestor’s sling, Archer has named his musket after a children’s game. Topfschlagen (“Hit the Pot” in English) is a German game meant to be played indoors, in which a blindfolded person searches for a pot full of chocolate with a stick.

Wunderbare Geschichten
    Kanonenkugelfahrt--Striding Rolling Thunder

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1~100
    Max Targets: 50

“The time has arrived, let us affect a victory postehast.”
    “I can see it, the path we shall take through this darkness.”
    “The most perfect of bullets is man himself. Yes...aim…”
    “Feur! Wasser! Sturm! Blitz!”

Everyone knows the scene. It’s a mainstay trope of many a slapstick comedy. A foolish character, looking for respite from some physical labor or the like, climbs into a dangerous contraption for the blessed shade and relief it supposedly provides in the moment. The contraption (usually a cannon) discharges, sending the hapless fool into certain unforeseen danger--though more often than not, he escapes completely unharmed. This is the core foundation for Archer’s trump card. No matter how many times his stories have been translated, adapted into plays or movies, or even depicted in paintings; the event that sticks out first and foremost in the forethought of his relevant zeitgeist is that of “riding the cannonball”.

“My first visit to England was about the beginning of the present king's reign. I had occasion to go down to Wapping, to see some goods shipped, which I was sending to some friends at Hamburgh; after that business was over, I took the Tower Wharf in my way back. Here I found the sun very powerful, and I was so much fatigued that I stepped into one of the cannon to compose me, where I fell fast asleep. This was about noon: it was the fourth of June; exactly at one o'clock these cannon were all discharged in memory of the day. They had been all charged that morning, and having no suspicion of my situation, I was shot over the houses on the opposite side of the river, into a farmer's yard, between Bermondsey and Deptford, where I fell upon a large hay-stack, without waking, and continued there in a sound sleep till hay became so extravagantly dear (which was about three months after), that the farmer found it his interest to send his whole stock to market: the stack I was reposing upon was the largest in the yard, containing above five hundred load; they began to cut that first. I woke with the voices of the people who had ascended the ladders to begin at the top, and got up, totally ignorant of my situation: in attempting to run away I fell upon the farmer to whom the hay belonged, and broke his neck, yet received no injury myself. I afterwards found, to my great consolation, that this fellow was a most detestable character, always keeping the produce of his grounds for extravagant markets.”
    The anecdote of Archer’s impossible voyage atop a cannonball is built upon by the many instances of the man in question hurling cannonballs at his intended targets without the use of a cannon at all. The end result is an ability concerning the absolute judgment of trajectory...but really it’s more like he intercepts the cannonball in midair and kicks it.

Several dozen cannons are summoned and fired haphazardly--each one representing a personal experience Archer has had concerning the specific cannonball--with Archer mounting the final ball to be fired, carried into the midst of the ordnance bombardment. From one cannonball to the next, Archer launches his body at high speeds, adjusting each cannonball perfectly with a kick. The end result is a finely focused shelling that is “incredibly difficult to evade”.

The pièce de résistance is the arrival of the final shell, known as the Tott Shell according to Archer, named after a certain gentleman he once endeavored to outdo in feats of magnificence.

"The Turks had placed below the castle, and near the city, on the banks of Simois, a celebrated river, an enormous piece of ordnance cast in brass, which would carry a marble ball of eleven hundred pounds weight. I was inclined," says Tott, "to fire it, but I was willing first to judge of its effect; the crowd about me trembled at this proposal, as they asserted it would overthrow not only the castle, but the city also; at length their fears in part subsided, and I was permitted to discharge it. It required not less than three hundred and thirty pounds' weight of powder, and the ball weighed, as before mentioned, eleven hundredweight. When the engineer brought the priming, the crowds who were about me retreated back as fast as they could; nay, it was with the utmost difficulty I persuaded the Pacha, who came on purpose, there was no danger: even the engineer who was to discharge it by my direction was considerably alarmed. I took my stand on some stone-work behind the cannon, gave the signal, and felt a shock like that of earthquake! At the distance of three hundred fathom the ball burst into three pieces; the fragments crossed the strait, rebounded on the opposite mountain, and left the surface of the water all in a foam through the whole breadth of the channel."
    A cannonball from a 1,100 pounder cannon is equivalent to a 5,331 caliber bullet. The largest cannon ever successfully fired has a caliber barely over 900. Of course, a gentleman cannot be expected to expertly wield such a monstrous creation. When attempting his trumping of Tott, Archer had stolen the massive ordnance, placed it on his shoulder, and swam back across the Channel with it. Unfortunately, when attempting to throw it back, its unwieldy size (and an unfortunate premature discharge) occasioned that Archer should drop the weapon into the depths of the Channel. The Tott Shell, therefore, is a finishing blow descending from the sky, the aiming of which would simply be foolish in its attempt.

Hmm? What do you mean that this technique is one big “S-- Pistols” reference?

Lore:

Archer’s True Name is Baron Münchhausen, the satirical traveler also known as Gulliver Revived and the Lying Baron.

The story of the Baron is treated as a literary creation by the German author Rudolf Erich Raspe; a caricature of the real Hieronymus Karl Friedrich, Freiherr von Münchhausen, who had a habit of telling tremendous tall tales.

However, every word the Baron has ever uttered has been only the utmost truth. Raspe had occasion to meet the Baron in the midst of his storytelling at a certain tavern. Enraptured, Raspe joined the Baron’s already sizable retinue as a biographer.

“No man is entirely truthful, therefore I have no qualms with being called a liar. I can only vouch for my own veracity, not whether such a virtue is trusted by others.”

This is what the Baron told Raspe after revealing that more often than not, his stories were disregarded as falsehoods. Changing a man’s mind is impossible, but entertaining him is incredibly simple.

The fictional Baron Munchausen is a braggart soldier, most strongly defined by his comically exaggerated boasts about his own adventures; all of the stories in Raspe's book are told in first-person narrative, with a prefatory note explaining that "the Baron is supposed to relate these extraordinary Adventures over his Bottle, when surrounded by his Friends". The Baron's stories imply him to be a superhuman figure who spends most of his time either getting out of absurd predicaments or indulging in equally absurd moments of gentle mischief. In some of his best-known stories, the Baron rides a cannonball, travels to the Moon, is swallowed by a giant fish in the Mediterranean Sea, saves himself from drowning by pulling on his own hair, fights a forty-foot crocodile, enlists a wolf to pull his sleigh, and uses laurel tree branches to fix his horse when the animal is accidentally cut in two.

In the stories he narrates, the Baron is shown as a calm, rational man, describing what he experiences with simple objectivity; absurd happenings elicit, at most, mild surprise from him, and he shows serious doubt about any unlikely events he has not witnessed himself. The resulting narrative effect is an ironic tone, encouraging skepticism in the reader and marked by a running undercurrent of subtle social satire. In addition to his fearlessness when hunting and fighting, he is suggested to be a debonair, polite gentleman given to moments of gallantry, with a scholarly penchant for knowledge, a tendency to be pedantically accurate about details in his stories, and a deep appreciation for food and drink of all kinds. The Baron also provides a solid geographical and social context for his narratives, peppering them with topical allusions and satire about recent events; indeed, many of the references in Raspe's original text are to historical incidents in the real-life Münchhausen's military career.

Creator Notes

This sheet was one of those perfect storms. I’d already done a “satirical lying character is a satirical liar” in the form of Lucian, so I already knew I wanted to do something different. The sheet began from seeing Kizaru riding the cannonball and thinking “that has to be referring to something”. Then the FC showed up, and the rest of the sheet basically wrote itself.

I kept it vague whether or not the Baron was a robot or an android--partially to avoid confirming it through a Skill or something--but the notion that during one of his adventures he’d gotten his head knocked down into his stomach for several months and was perfectly fine, coupled with the apparent heat vision and ridiculous feats of strength made the concept of a “dandy android that nobody acknowledges is actually an android” just too appealing.

Also, the Baron’s stories are legitimately hilarious, even 300 years removed from the target demographic.

The “Tott Cannon” seems to be based off of the Dardanelles Gun, the massive siege bombard of the Ottoman Empire. if I did the caliber math wrong I’m sorry, I don’t know what I’m doing. Thank you for reading.

If this is too much of a stretch of the prompt, then I understand. The sheet was already done, however, and "contest quality", so I figured any excuse to post it might work.
    Last edited by Bugs; February 2nd, 2020 at 01:35 AM.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hail to the Baron \o/
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!