Page 53 of 367 FirstFirst ... 3434851525354555863103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 7321

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Regarding my question earlier, would anything change if the Servant was actually a collection of wraiths of people from the 19th century who were inspired by the original hero, and borrowed his name upon manifesting as a Servant?
    I guess that would fit in with the category...but at that point it feels like you've sacrificed the original vision in order to force it too hard into the contest.

I feel your pain though, I too wanted to enter a particular hero but despite being born in the 19th century, was too late and didn't do any of his famous deeds until the 20th century.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I guess that would fit in with the category...but at that point it feels like you've sacrificed the original vision in order to force it too hard into the contest.

I feel your pain though, I too wanted to enter a particular hero but despite being born in the 19th century, was too late and didn't do any of his famous deeds until the 20th century.
    Honestly, that was pretty close to the idea I start to with (since the hero in question almost certainly isn't famous enough to become a Heroic Spirit on their own). So it wouldn't really be a sacrifice.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the prompt for this round includes people who were born in the 19th century but weren't active in it, which sounds like it would describe the hero you have in mind. So I don't see any reason you couldn't enter them in.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I too wanted to enter a particular hero but despite being born in the 19th century, was too late and didn't do any of his famous deeds until the 20th century.
    I'd lean towards 'no' here
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    But didn't your OP condone that with the "born in the 19th century but not active in it" part? Why include it otherwise?

Blog Entries
    That was meant to include Servants like Li and Mata Hari, who lived in the 19th century and performed some of the deeds that made them famous in it.
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

Blog Entries
    That was meant to include Servants like Li and Mata Hari, who lived in the 19th century and performed some of the deeds that made them famous in it.
    Ah, that makes sense. So someone like Houdini, who made his big break at the tail end of the 19th century would qualify, but not someone who did literally nothing of historical import in that time. Thanks for clarifying!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I feel like I should file a copyright claim
    I've added a point in the Authors notes to explain the reasons why. If you're still uncomfortable I can withdraw it no problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I changed Protection from Assassination to the version I was originally going to use, downsides of posting late at night I assume.

Blog Entries
    Saber of Grand Empire: Magic Resistance is pretty high for a modern servant with no resistance.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I know, that's why I didn't post it here.

But fear not, it shall appear in the regular thread soon.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    I've added a point in the Authors notes to explain the reasons why. If you're still uncomfortable I can withdraw it no problem.
    Doesn't bother me. But I'd like a proper citation.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Doesn't bother me. But I'd like a proper citation.
    Added under recommended reading in the authors notes with a link provided.

Blog Entries
    Note: If you're super unsure about if your chosen figure fits the prompt drop me a PM and I'll decide.

It's kinda hard to with just vague descriptions to go on.

Blog Entries
    Reminder that you have one week left to submit sheets

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    “Youthful ideals and wishes are something I greatly admire. Why, it allows Masters to push on with burdens like myself!"

Source

Servant Class: Assassin

Alternate Classes: Rider, Caster

True Name:Camille Saint-Saëns, Concerto Spectre

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Place of Origin: France (19th Century)

Parameters:

STR - E
    END - D
    AGI - B+
    MAG - C
    LUK - D+
    NP - C

- - - A peerless genius, always second to others.

Info

Height/Weight: 174cm/68kg

Dislikes: Dogma, His "Oddball Work"

Talents: Quick Memorization, Wit

Natural Enemy: Children, Charles Wagner(?)

Attribute: Man

Traits: Servant, Humanoid, Male

Armament: Conducting batonCane, ...Piano?

Catalyst: Old Paris Conservatory (Summoning location)

Skills

Class Skills:

Independent Action - C

The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the Magical Energy supply from one's Master. At higher ranks, it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without an established contract.

At this rank, Assassin can survive up to a day without a Master. Unlike other composers of his time, Assassin was a natural loner. However, he was fond of traveling overseas; together with his hounds, he toured 27 countries such as Italy, America, Algiers and even Egypt. Up until his death, Assassin had made around 180 trips around the globe. Assassin's style also differed from his peers, hence the reference to many classical vibes combined with a French flair.

"Should've gone to Japan..."

---

Presence Concealment (Morendo) - B
    The capacity to hide one's presence as a Servant. But rather than erasing oneself from the view of others, this is the gradual diminishment of presence over a period of time. Like a fading note, the user would effectively disappear into the distant horizon. However, the user must remain in the same spot for the Skill to take effect.

Said to be a "Classical Romanticist," Assassin played a major part of the music world's progressive movement. And yet, he still clung onto the Classical period's traditions. This standing was a detriment to Assassin's works, as he became gradually placed behind other musicians. Later on, Assassin was all but a ghost of past traditions. That said, this Skill makes Assassin into an astounding BGM player.

"At this point, I might as well be a gramophone."

Personal Skills:

Ascension of the Defiant Swan - B
    Originally a fragment of Assassin's most renowned work, it was made public and eventually reworked into a play. Encapsulating the swan's futile resistance against death, Assassin's coat is capable of bursting into a pair of wings; granting him flight and escape from inescapable dangers, even those of instant death. However, prolonged use will continuously damage Assassin, with the possibility of dying from overuse. As this movement served as the prototype of the titular Swan Lake, Assassin is able to transform his coat into a black swan familiar. Said familiar is only used for reconnaissance but is rather impish about its task.

One thing to note, Assassin can only die when he lands; for as long those wings continue to beat, its bearer will never succumb to the great abyss. That said, swans are often associated with the angels for their wings...

"...Perhaps if I fly high enough, I can just reach them."

---

Evening Bell (Silver) - C
    A cursed resonance of loss and gain. Rather than symbolizing the visitation of Death and the subject's fusion with such concept, it is a selfish vessel imparting great fortune at the cost of others' lives. One of Assassin's known operas sublimated into a Skill, it is incorporated into his Saint Graph due to its nature in "targeting Mankind's mortality." In Assassin's case, the "resonance" is modified into any high-pitched note Assassin creates, accruing Luck bonuses while dooming others at the same time. However, this forceful altercation has weakened the Skill, thus a reduction in ranking.

However, those consumed by madness or of daemonic origins will remain unaffected. For the infernal ringing relies on a mind untainted by warped desires or alien mentalities. Ironically, Assassin would hardly invoke the Skill unless he plays one of his lesser-known pieces.

"Do you hear the ringing of my bell- sorry, was that taken?"

---

Hollow Score - A
    The enforcement of a world without sound. Based on Assassin's reputation as one of the first musicians to compose a musical piece onto cinema... or so it seems at first. Rather, it is the negative connotations, derisions, and criticism of Assassin's works by those of his time: where technicalities had crossed into the realm of emptiness. An Innocent Monster-esque effect targeting Assassin's music rather than himself, cursed to form bounded fields whenever he plays.

Within this space, everything is drained of color while all noise -- be it dialogue or movement -- would cease to exist. With communication, incantations, and hearing useless, Masters must rely on their sight and instinct to survive. But in this silent world, only one sound can be heard: Assassin's diligent performance, echoing the soundless halls. While this is an overwhelming advantage for silent killers, Assassin must keep playing in order to maintain this effect.

Coincidentally, the film in question was about the assassination of a certain Duke of Guise.

"Forgive my vile music, but is it not proper etiquette to stay silent?"

Noble Phantasm

Danse Macabre
    Moonlit Revelry of the Death God

Anti-Unit

"Dance, dance, dance! Be it King or Fool, all shall sway in tune with this chilling trill: Danse Macabre!"

The Dance of Death. One of Assassin's most famous pieces, this haunting tune captures the namesake's impartiality of death as well as its celebration; for it is the natural end of all things. Emulating the Reaper's performance on All Saint's Eve, the composition was meant to invoke the belief behind the unification of the afterlife: where popes, kings, and paupers dance on equal grounds. Although it was initially ill received, the piece was eventually incorporated into many films, shows, and other media onto the present day.

Acting as the angel of death, Assassin will begin his performance; and from the earth, remains of dead creatures will rise once more. Rather than attacking, however, the undead will instead dance around with grace and merriment. Human skeletons waltz and perform, while animals would do tricks and be merry. The distinction between royalty and common blood are blurred, thus nullifying any protective traits within enemy Servants.

Whenever the undead encounters a living creature, they would offer their hand as an invitation; one that the invitee would be compelled to accept. Joining this party would seal their fate, as it is equivalent to accepting Death's embrace. Once a part of the macabre festival, the invitees forfeited their place amongst the living. Thus, they are inflicted with instant death without even knowing it. As the performance ends, the victims would realize their mistake as they are dragged into the underworld. Attacking the undead hosts will result in an unpleasant end, for the dead does not take kindly to those who seek to undermine their celebration.

However, Assassin's Noble Phantasm would fall flat against sunlight. Whenever the opponent in question is associated with a solar body/possess sun-based powers, any undead that closes in on them will immediately fall apart. Additionally, those with an iron will or associated with death are immune to the invitation. Finally, the Noble Phantasm would automatically deactivate upon the break of dawn, sealing itself until nighttime.

On another note, Organ Symphony no.3 and Carnival of the Animals are reserved for Caster and Rider classes respectively.

"Spooky scary skeletons, shivering down your spine~"
    ~Mozart

Lore

"A genius without compare."

"The Beethoven of France."

"A rare talent rivaling that of Mozart's."

Praises that were used to describe Camille Saint-Saëns, ever since the discovery of his gifts. Born to a widow and living a sheltered childhood, Camille often spent his days playing piano with his aunt. It was at the tender age of three where Camille displayed an aptitude towards music. Fearing the effects of early fame, Camille's mother chose to keep his talents a secret.

Once he was five, Camille gave small performances, shocking listeners with his talent. The boy's fame began to spread at the age of ten, where his debut captured the audience at the Salle Pleyel. Enrolling under the renowned Paris Conservative, Camille excelled in all academics -- music, latin, and the general sciences alike. Later on, the young prodigy would meet and befriend senior musicians like Hector Berlioz, Gioachino Rossini, and even Franz Liszt. For the next two decades, Camille proceeded to revive the classical style and introduced new ideas while winning awards from various contests. Up to accepting a teaching career at 26, the composer produced more than sixty pieces of music, won the Légion d'Honneur, and was placed among the greatest composers.

Then came a divergence.

Unlike his contemporaries, success rarely came to Camille; for no matter how hard he worked, he would always be second to others. Even after producing operatic and symphonic works like Samson and Deliah, Henry VIII, and Piano Concerto No.3, most are either neglected or overshadowed. Even if they garnered attention, Camille would be lambasted instead. Many would criticize his works to "lack the inner fire" or are "more proficient than inspired."

"A troubled man who cannot betray the dark side of his soul."

"The greatest composer who wasn't a genius."

"A musician who writes bad music brilliantly."

This string of misfortune carried onto Camille's personal life, where both his infant sons died prematurely while his mother passed away of unknown causes. This quickly sent the composer into a state of intense depression, following periods of suicidal thoughts. Time was not kind to Camille, as more of the general populace began to lean towards the Wagnerian composition. Perhaps a combination of previous failures and the rapid rise of musical mavericks, Camille eventually lost the spark he once had for modernism.

He was no revolutionary, even Camille himself recognized this. Living at a time where rules are broken for the sake of inspiration and innovation, traditionalists such as him are hopelessly outclassed. As time passed, Camille's presence in the music world diminished; dulled by his conservative stance on musical traditions. But his skill with the piano never faded, for his numerous overseas performance and experience prevented this.

"Never have I seen a man his age with fingers and bearing so vivid and precise over the keys."

Not long after, Camille passed away in 1921 -- at the age of 86. While he was largely forgotten in his own homeland, countries like the United States and Britain lauded the composer as one of France's greatest musical minds. It was only in the modern times did people finally found Camille's unique style of composition, and gradually began to become popular.
    "The Most Underatted Composer," indeed.

Personality

"The death-themed gimmicks? Is it not fitting of a ghoulish stick-in-the-mud such as I?"

If Camille's Caster incarnation is the "genius composer" and Rider the "joking composer," then Assassin would be the "troubled composer." Outside of the musician's harmonious compositions and grand performances, therein lies a man whose entire life was a series of tragedy and personal failures. With these inner turmoils amplified, Camille is warped into a more negative form. Although nowhere an Alter, the composer had lost most of his initial spirit.

A whimsical gentleman even as an Assassin, Camille became fond of morbid jests. Whether it may be joking or discussing mortality, the pianist's gallows humor send chills down the spine of friends and enemies alike. Even with the witticism, Camille is hardly an optimist. Quick to expect the worst, the pianist would always question his own achievements. Combined with the deathly air radiating off of him, all but the most resilient or naive are wary of the musician's mien.

In spite of his impression, the composer's normally unflappable belief is shaken by doubt. Combined with his experience in losing those he held dear, Camille is indecisive when thrust into life-threatening affairs. Naturally, these thoughts are hidden behind a clever smile; for Camille will continue to conceal his troubles, even himself if need be.

These negative reflection are built from Camille's own failures, where he failed to capture the heart of the world. A gifted genius who never succeeded nor produced a renowned legacy, a true symbol of inadequacy. Even when granted a talent to rival past geniuses, Camille still failed to even rise to their level of fame. Rather than blaming the world for this fate, however, the Assassin chose to hate himself. Believing he failed to express through music, Camille now questions the "genius" behind the compositions which he poured his sweat and tears over. Borrowing the cold mantle of death, the composer wishes to distance himself in shame. Perhaps this is why Camille is summonable as Assassin -- he is someone who can never stand out, always fading into the background.

Problems aside, Camille has proven to be a valuable asset when given genuine support. His polymath knowledge grants him a degree of advanced calculations, as well as scientific knowledge to turn the tide. Formerly a teacher in life, Camille's ability to help others remember complex plans is extraordinary; if given enough time and preparations, the pianist can even outsmart Casters in the long-term. With the right Master who can emphasize with the composer, the team can become a force to be reckoned with.

Maybe Camille's organ teacher was right: he is a much better teacher than a performer.

"The Grail would never be in my grasp. But if it were a reality, perhaps having an "Inner Fire" wouldn't be so bad."

Extras:

(Will physically leave a conversation should anyone mention his "Oddball Work." In fact, if it were played within his vicinity Camille would retreat into a corner and cower in shame. Even after death, the composer still attempts to be as serious as possible regarding his musical career -- and found the careless tune's success to be an antithesis to his supposedly "serious" reputation.
    "I...I wrote it as a joke.")

(No matter the class container, Camille remains an enthusiast to the sciences. Be it Zoology or Astrology, the composer would happily study or recant his knowledge to eager listeners. In the modern age, Camille would happily spend his time in libraries or surf the web just to update his scientific trivia. Because of this, the composer has high compatibility with Heroic Spirits of scientific backgrounds. Under the Assassin class, however, Camille's knowledge has become rather eccentric than normal.)

(Hates the cold. Having weak lungs in life, Camille often traveled to warmer climates in order to avoid the winter air. With his Saint Graph taking the form of his twilight years, the condition resurfaced once more. Perhaps it's for the best to keep him away from snowy climates. Maybe bring some oxygen tanks.
    "'Weak Constitution?' Heh, I took extensive measures in hiding my condition-(wheeze)")

Craft Essence/Relationships

A Secret Ballet

Friends are hard to come by, especially with my silver tongue.
    Especially the bastard Debussy, whose nonsensical music continued to haunt me.
    But whenever bonds are forged, they last to the grave.
    With Liszt's departure, I never thought of anyone else who could compare.

Until I met a similar genius -- by the name of Tchaikovsky.

With several glasses of wine, and some spare costumes, the dour parties are a thing of the past.
    Together, we spun around the empty stage like discount ballerinas.
    Following the Swan's dying tune (albeit uneven), the both of us twirling alongside one another.
    Together, we laughed about our troubles; together, we drowned our doubts.

Together, our realities are one and the same.

- - - A simple night, alone under the stage light.

---

Relations:

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart/Antonio Salieri: "A-ah! The virtuosos of a past generation... superior than me in every way. T-that said, I... I... really want to talk to them; although Salieri was much gloomier than I imagined."

Camille's role models, who inspired the creation of his own musical style. Upon hearing either of the musicians' performances, the Assassin's inner fanboy goes into overdrive as he gushes over their genius. Afterwards, it's common for the musicians to become engrossed in hours-long conversations about music and jokes alike. At the same time, however, Camille is even more bitter over himself; for witnessing such talents would remind the pianist of his weakness, the "passion" he was unable to express in life. Nevertheless, Camille wouldn't let resentment get in the way of befriending his personal heroes.

That said, the image of a seventy-something year old man treating twenty-somethings as his superiors is sure to gather chuckles from spectators.

---

Japanese Servants:"Oho, Heroes of the Orient are in this facility too! Yes, this is satisfactory for now, but I must find a singularity if I were to move on with my unfinished Bucket List!"

If his opera La Princesse Juane wasn't a big enough hint, the spirit of Japonism never left Camille. Upon meeting any Servant of Japanese origins, he would happily attempt to interact and ask questions on their country/culture. Although he has yet to meet one skilled in music, he is happy to learn more about the country he never had the chance of visiting. Usually, Camille is met with a combination of bemusement, confusion or even irritation.

"If that wrinkly old coot would stop asking so many questions, his music ain't half bad."
    ~Katsushika Oui

"Ehh? Weren't you the guywith the weird hair-no. Wait, you're the one who wrote that song called... err."
    ~Osakabehime

---

Altera: "'Great King of Destruction,' I see. The celestial wonder who brought 'The End' upon those made by human hands. Here, the keys; with my guidance, let us create a piece that encapsulate Destruction."

Mostly stemming from his fascination with the stars, Camille is interested in striking a conversation with the Scourge of God. Upon witnessing the Civilization Erasure Skill, however, the Assassin was awestruck by how Altera refashioning things to suit herself. Pushed by his morbid curiosity, the pianist returned to his teaching roots and trained the Saber in the piano. So far, the results were a brief cacophony before the pianos crumble. On the bright side, some progress has been made.

"Ahaha, this is probably the first time I've experimented with music after literal centuries!"

---

Siegfried: "Say Master, can you keep him as far away from me as possible? Meeting the 'hero' gave me a head-splitting case of migraines all of a sudden."

Had been through (endured) Wagner's plays to see what was so special about them. But since the pianist fundamentally opposes the German composer's style and excessive flair, Wagner's Das Ring des Nibelungen left an extremely bitter taste in Camille's mouth. And so, Assassin would become increasingly irate whenever the dragonslayer is around. Meanwhile, Siegfried is perplexed by the pianist's behavior.

"Hmm... I should apologize to the Assassin for something, but I'm not sure for what..."
    ~Siegfried

---

King Hassan: "Thou dare to imitate death, false wraith? - - If it isn't for the faithful enactment of the nighttime hauntings, I would have asked for thy head."
    ~ King Hassan

Many frantic apologies and a performance of Danse Macabre later, the Old Man of The Mountain decided to let Camille go for attempting to pass off as a specter of death. Although the atmosphere of the performance was a tad too silly in the Hassan's tastes, he did have to commend the pianist for invoking the imagery of a grotesque parade. Probably score it a 7/10.

Notes

Decided to push it a little further by cutting back on the fluff of the Skills, and leave enough to understand. Additionally, I chose to adhere to the "No Casters" Rule unless they work better/are unique enough under that class.

This came to me months ago when I decided to listen to Saint-Saëns' works from a friend's suggestion. I was not disappointed.

The Carnival of the Animals was essentially a meme-post in music form

The fc was a tad too swole for the guy, but it was too good to pass up.
    Last edited by SleepMode; June 18th, 2018 at 04:09 PM.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

A great sheet. The FC is awesome and it actually resembles the RL Saint-Saens a bit (for the beard at least).

The Personal Skills are probably the best part. I like how you also incorporated his compositions in his status as a Servant, so you either know him well or did some research.

His relationship with King Hassan is hilarious. He gets some humanity by being hypocrital: he pettily dislikes Siegfried for being the protagonist of a drama he hated and yet says that he doesn't let past resentment influence his relationship with other heroes.

Also yeah, the FC is way too JoJo for a musicist musician, but it's cool enough that it can work.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabuzer View Post
    A great sheet. The FC is awesome and it actually resembles the RL Saint-Saens a bit (for the beard at least).

The Personal Skills are probably the best part. I like how you also incorporated his compositions in his status as a Servant, so you either know him well or did some research.

His relationship with King Hassan is hilarious. He gets some humanity by being hypocrital: he pettily dislikes Siegfried for being the protagonist of a drama he hated and yet says that he doesn't let past resentment influence his relationship with other heroes.

Also yeah, the FC is way too JoJo for a musicist musician, but it's cool enough that it can work.
    Thanks man, coming from a fellow sheet-maker this is really high praise.

And yeah, Saint-Saëns became really biased against Wagner and other modernist musician in his later years; there was even one time he just walked out of the Stravinskys' performance of The Rite of Spring before remarking that the composer was insane. The guy's sharp tongue was another of his points, where people like Liszt and Tchaikovsky admired him, others like Debussy loathed him.

You can say this sheet is partially dedicated to my friend, who is a diehard classical/romantic music fan... eheh.
    Last edited by SleepMode; June 15th, 2018 at 12:52 PM.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

"Comely widow who owns a large farm in the finest district of La Porte County, Indiana, desires to make the acquaintance of a gentleman equally well
    provided, with view of joining fortunes. No replies by letter considered unless sender is willing to follow answer with personal visit. Triflers need not apply."

Class: Assassin

STR: D+
    END: D+
    AGI: C
    MGI: C
    LCK: B

Class Skills

Presence Concealment (C+): Hides one's presence as a Servant. Suitable for spying, though effectiveness drops once Assassin attacks.

Personal Skills

Demon of Mutation (C): Denotes that Assassin was transformed into a demon in life. By drawing on the trauma of her past, she can
    strengthen her abilties as a Servant. Though she already has impressive physical stature for a human, Assassin can mutate herself
    into a monstrous form that gives her a + modifier to STR and END, going far beyond the limits of a human body. This skill is just
    like Monstrous Strength, except that it arises from contact with a demonic spirit, not Assassin's inherent nature at birth.

Plausible Deniability (A+): The skill of a methodical serial killer who is able to plan out her crimes to the smallest detail. Assassin
    can make sure that she is never found to be the perpetrator by eliminating evidence, planting seeds in the minds of investigators to
    mislead them and setting up patsies. More often than not, the cause of death for Assassin's victims will be attributed to natural causes.
    Furthermore, this can be extended to conceal virtually anything attributable to Assassin, making it her most useful skill.

Aptitude for Slaughter (Poison) (B): A perfect skill for an Assassin, it grants a + modifier to poisons and concoctions against humans.
    Poison is the quintessential "woman's weapon", allowing for an indirect attack. Assassin mainly employed strychnine and chloroform to
    incapacitate her victims. Strychnine in particular produces some of the most dramatic and painful symptoms of any known toxic reaction,
    presenting as excruciatingly painful muscle spasms and convulsions, eventually killing the victim by asphyxiation or exhaustion.

Noble Phantasm

Mother Myling~Black Widow's Womb (D+, Anti-Unit, Support)

The dark power of a botchling has been warped from a ghost of a child to a demon of a mother. The passive aspect of this Noble Phantasm
    is that Assassin recieves a small but cumulative boost to all parameters when she is near dead bodies, whether they be fresh or not. A
    graveyard or a battlefield is a haven for her, giving her a boost comparable to Rank A Madness Enhancement. The offensive aspect occurs
    when Assassin touches or grapples an opponent, typically accompanied by an attempt to poison them. The enemy finds their body becoming
    incredibly heavy, so heavy that they sink into the ground, buried alive in their new grave. Escape may seem like child's play for beings as
    strong as Servants, but the poison, their own heavy body and the crushing weight of the earth will serve to swallow them whole. Rather
    than seeking to be buried like a typical myling, Assassin seeks to bury all others as vengeance for her first dead child.

Background
    Belle Gunness was a notorious Norwegian-American serial killer. She was born in Selbu, Norway as a completely ordinary farm girl. Nothing
    of note happened to her until she became pregnant at the age of 17. While at a festival she was attacked by a man who ended up kicking her
    in the stomach and causing her to miscarry. According to friends and family, this event scarred Bella and she became a much colder person.
    Unfortunately, her attacker was part of a wealthy family and was never charged or punished. However, he died shortly afterwards of apparent
    stomach cancer, exhibiting symptoms now known to be consistent with poisoning.

Belle then immigrated to America with her sister in 1881. Three years later she married Mads Sorenson in Chicago where they opened a candy
    store. However, less than a year later, the store burned down. The couple collected the insurance money, which conveniently let them pay off
    all their debts and move to Indiana with their five children. Soon after, Mads died of heart failure and two of the children died of colitis, both
    of which where convenient explanations for poisoning. Both Mads and the two children had life insurance policies, which Belle collected.

Belle was now $8,500 richer (equivalent to $250,000 US today) and soon married Peter Gunness, who had two children from a previous marriage.
    A week after they were married, Peter's youngest daughter passed away of unknown causes. Seven months after that, Peter had a bizarre accident
    involving a meat cleaver which ended in his own death. From Peter and his daughter, Belle collected $3,000 of life insurance money. Despite
    suspicions that Peter, an experienced butcher, would die in such a way, Belle went on with her quiet farm life. Her eldest daughter, Jenny, was
    hysterical at Peter's death and kept insisting that Belle had killed him. She was promptly never seen again and Belle's neighbors were told
    that Jenny had gone to college in Los Angeles.

Belle then hired a farmhand named Ray Lamphere while she tried to find another husband. She posted want-ads in papers in Chicago and other
    Midwestern cities, known as Lonely Hearts ads. One after another, wealthy men met with her, brought cash to her farm and disappeared forever.
    These went unnoticed by the authorities because she posted in Norwegian newspapers, thus attracting European immigrants with little to no
    family to catch on that they were missing. Belle's neighbors noticed odd occurences such as her digging in the hog pen incredibly late at night,
    despite the fact that she had a farmhand to help her. The last of the men was Andrew Hegelein, who withdrew his life savings of $2,900,
    travelled to Indiana and was never seen again. Finally, Andrew's brother and Ray raised enough concern for Belle to plan an exit strategy.

She went to a lawyer, telling him that Ray had threatened to burn her house down and wrote a will, bequeathing her estate and money to her
    children in the event of her death. When Hegelein's brother arrived, the house was burnt to the ground with four bodies found inside; three
    children and headless woman. Ray Lamphere was immediately arrested for arson. In the course of the police investigation, multiple bodies
    were unearthed around the farm, over forty men and children, including Jenny, who was allegedly in California. Ray was convicted of arson
    and passed away a year later of tuberculosis. However, on his deathbed, he admitted that Belle was the killer luring men in, taking their
    money and burying them. The method of death varied from strychnine poisoning or meat cleaver to the head. Sometimes, when whimsy struck
    her, she would keep the body in the basement to dissect before burying it or feeding it to her pigs. The headless woman in the fire was in fact
    a maid that Belle had just hired so she could fake her death, even pulling out her false porcelian and gold teeth to complete the deception.

Ray thought that he and Belle would be running away together, but he was actually just a patsy. Belle completely disappeared; she was never
    tracked down and her death was never confirmed. Numerous alleged sightings were reported, but the most likely person to be Belle was Esther
    Carlson, a woman who died in Los Angeles while awaiting trial for poisoning her husband with strychnine. She bore a striking resemblance to
    Belle, was of a similar age, and had photographs of three children that resembled Belle's in her possessions.

Concerning Mylings
    A myling or botchling is the phantasmal incarnation of a child unbaptized and abandoned. Often when a child was born out of wedlock or their
    parents could not feed them, the baby was left in the freezing Scandinavian woods where death was certain to befall them. A myling has two
    things that drive them: revenge and desire for a proper burial. Upon finding a victim, a myling will jump on their back and demand to be taken
    to a graveyard. Despite being children, they grow to be quite large and strong, growing even more so as they get closer to the graveyard.
    If the victim did not make to the graveyard or other hallowed ground in time, the myling's weight would make them too weak to fight back as
    they sunk into the ground. Assassin is certainly not a myling in the traditional sense, but she shares many qualities with them.

Alternate FC
    Addendum: Case File F143
    The following is a fragment of an audio recording between two individuals identified as Ritsuka Fujimaru and the Caster Servant Leonardo da Vinci, discussing the Assassin Servant Belle Gunness.

Leonardo da Vinci: -not unheard of for an Assassin to have some sort of way of covering their tracks, but this one, she is quite insidious.

Ritsuka Fujimura: Compared to some of the others, though, is she really a danger?

LDV: Yes, I believe so. Did you read the material I sent you about mylings?

RF: Yeah, the Scandinavian ghost of an unwanted child, but she’s a full grown woman-

LDV: A ghost of a dead child, seeking revenge. Serial killers often have a triggering event, an inciting incident that sets them on their path. The loss of her very first child was hers. My theory is that her grief and rage gave rise to a myling coming to life in her womb, and being reabsorbed into not just her body, but her soul.

RF: So she’s part ghost? Or demon?

LDV: Difficult to say. Phantasmal existences by definition elude biological classification. It’s very much a chicken-egg paradox; did she become a demon by her cruel acts or did her cruel personality make her a prime candidate for this demon to form and join with her. I suppose it doesn’t really matter. Getting back on topic, what I wanted to caution you about is her particular skill as a serial killer: Plausible Deniability.

RF: The ability to get away with things is her skill? What about Jack, who erases people’s memories, or any of the Hassans? Aren’t they more dangerous?

LDV: Blades and poison are not unique. This skill is. For example, this woman is six feet tall, weighs two hundred and twenty pounds and is exceptionally strong for a human. Why do you think that is?

RF: Because she’s from Norway, and worked on farms her whole life. Of course she would be on the bulkier side.

LDV: [snaps fingers] That’s exactly what she wants you to think. That’s Plausible Deniability in action. It appeals to the part of the human mind that craves mundaneness, realism, logic. There is something that sets her apart from others but her skill supplies you with a convenient explanation for it. Now take a moment to think about it: why is she so big and strong?

RF: You’re saying it’s because the demon made her stronger.

LDV: More precisely, the demon’s taint in her body and soul altered her physiology over the course of her life to become stronger. As you already read, mylings, despite being infants, are exceptionally large and strong. The same could be said of her mental state; at first you can attribute it to the grief and trauma of a miscarriage, but that is a simple answer covering up something worse.

RF: This sounds like a way to fuel your paranoia than anything else. You’ve really worked yourself up…

LDV: Exactly! That’s what is so dangerous about her. Why did she have ready access to strychnine? Was it because it is a common rat poison on farms, or was it because she had an urge to poison and kill? Why is she so skilled with that cleaver of hers? Is it because she has the skills of a butcher, or a murderer? She is a woman who wields Occam’s Razor as her weapon; you cannot trust your own reflexive assumptions of her.

RF: Even if we know about it, we’re stuck trying to find out her real plan and she will always be one step ahead of us.

LDV: That is why the Black Widow, the Lonely Hearts Killer, the Occam’s Razor Slasher, is so dangerous!

RF: That last one doesn’t work as well as you think it does…

LDV: On a more amusing note, she has been inquiring about Chaldea's life insurance policy.

RF: I don’t like what you’re implying.

LDV: Whatever do you mean? It's a fairly reasonable question. You’ve put a lot of time, effort and Quartz into these Servants. You wouldn’t want all of that to go to waste!
    Last edited by Funderfullness; June 15th, 2018 at 09:24 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Blog Entries
    "Sakura... Forgive me."

Source

Name:
    Matou Shinji
    Alias/Nickname/Title: Wakame King
    Height/Weight: 167 cm/57 kg
    Birthplace: Fuyuki, Japan
    Image Colour: Cobalt Blue

Personality
    Forte/Likes: Puppy, Privileges
    Weaknesses/Dislikes: Unconditionally Happy Atmosphere
    Natural Talents: Brilliant Deduction, Searching
    Natural Enemy: Tohsaka Rin, Ayako Mitsuzuri

Magical Attributes
    Origin: ???
    Elemental Alignment: Water

Magic Circuits
    Circuit Quantity: F
    Circuit Quality: F
    Circuit Condition: Atrophied

Servant Status

"What's wrong? Have you been stunned by my handsomeness?"

Source

Class: Funny Vamp
    Alternate Classes: Caster, Archer
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Sex: Male
    Source: Fate/Stay Night
    Attribute: Man

STR: E
    CON: D
    AGI: E
    MGI: B
    LCK: E
    Noble Phantasm: -

Class Skills:
    Life Eater C
    The Class Skill of the Funny Vamp class. The ability to consume the vitality of another, whether by draining blood or absorbing souls. Shinji is a Dead Apostle and possesses all of the vampiric tendencies of one, including the ability and necessity to suck the blood of others to maintain himself. At higher ranks of this skill, more unique and complicated forms of consumption are demonstrated.

Territory Creation A
    Another Class Skill of the Funny Vamp class. It is the ability to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself. For vampires, it is a utility for building lairs in which they hide from humanity. By layering bounded fields, a Dead Apostle Territorial Field can be formed. This kind of lair is accessible only to those who are invited and are difficult to invade. Even a Caster-class Servant would have some difficulty finding the location of one.

Personal Skills:
    Curse of Restoration C
    A form of limited immortality inherent to Dead Apostles and True Ancestors. This ability causes its user’s body to reverse in time and return to its original state whenever it receives an injury. The degree of regeneration and speed of regression are dependent on the phase of the moon. Of course, all typical vampiric weaknesses apply. He is able to survive in sunlight but it does weaken him.

Magecraft A
    Knowledge about Modern Thaumaturgy. As a magus, Shinji is knowledgeable about modern magecraft and possesses a natural genius towards learning. In terms of knowledge alone, Shinji is a capable practitioner with some degree of mental talent. It is through magecraft that Shinji was able to become a Dead Apostle. His specialty lies primarily in curses and spiritual evocation, especially in terms of contracting spirits. Generally speaking, it isn’t very suited for combat. The pinnacle of his skill and knowledge lies in his special ability, Pharble Mantasm.

High-Speed Divine Words D
    The language of the Age of Gods, back when words played a heavy role in spellcasting. It is a power that activates Thaumaturgy without the use of Magic Circuits. For someone like Shinji who possesses atrophied circuits, it would be an indispensable skill. Normally, it is a power that has been long lost to modern magi but Shinji has recovered fragments of it through his arduous research. Generally speaking, it is well suited for direct attack spells.

Grand Order EX
    The highest law of Magi, residing within one’s Magic Crest. A severe mental restraint that forbids one from committing suicide. As meaningless suicide would result in one’s bloodline losing its magecraft, this restriction is a rational responsibility. Very extenuating circumstances must be fulfilled before one is able to properly kill oneself. Apparently, the true Grand Order is a curse planted in King Solomon’s era into select bloodlines to ensure the survival of those specific bloodlines. It goes without saying that Shinji possesses this restraint.

Noble Phantasm:
    Like a certain Red Archer, Shinji does not possess a Noble Phantasm due to his unique status as a “Servant”. That said, he does possess a unique special ability that could function similarly to a Noble Phantasm in terms of effectiveness rather than nature. That special ability is his Pharble Mantasm, the pinnacle of his Thaumaturgy.
    Character Profile
    Matou Shinji’s True Name is Manfred, the titular character and satanic hero of Lord Byron’s dramatic poem written in 1816. Manfred is a completely fictitious existence, existing solely within Lord Byron’s poetry. It is possible that the character was based on a real-life person but such an outcome is unknown. Because of this, Manfred is not a Heroic Spirit nor is he a wraith. His existence is one of deliberate fantasy, a mere literature illusion like King Lear or Romeo and Juliet who appeared during the Shinjuku Phantom Incident. Unlike those two examples, however, Manfred has not taken the form of a monster but rather that of a human. In order to anchor his existence to the world, he needed the body of a contemporary human who possessed not only the same temperament and spirit but, most of all, the same sin. Of course, there was really only one option: Matou Shinji.

Legend:

Count Manfred was a supernatural aristocrat (Magus) who lived in the alps. From his youth, he found himself fascinated with the immaterial and inhuman. For years, he engaged himself in studying ancient sciences (Magecraft). Through his research, he uncovered the lost language of another world (Divine Words) and became immortal (Dead Apostle). The story of the poem retells Manfred’s quest for the sweet release of death as he dreads the prospect of immortality. By some curse of fate (Grand Order), he is unable to commit suicide so he must rely on other forces to kill him.

The story begins with Manfred summoning seven Nature Spirits representing Earth, Ocean, Air, Night, Mountain, Wind, and Star. Plagued by some inner guilt, he asks them for forgetfulness and they reply that only death can help him forget. When he commands them to kill him, however, they tell him that they do not possess enough power to do so.

Next, Manfred tries jumping off a tall mountain but a passing-by goat hunter catches him at the last second. The hunter takes him back to his cabin only to find the suicidal man in a state of madness. When offered a cup of wine, Manfred sees nothing but blood in the cup. Although Manfred looks younger than the hunter, he claims to have lived for many, many long years. He violently rants about how he wishes only for death before leaving, paying the hunter for his troubles. And so, Manfred’s adventures continue, seeking out other supernatural beings for their powers yet all in vain.

While summoning a witch to kill him, Manfred reveals the guilt that plagues heart. There was once a woman whom he loved but his love killed her. His affection withered her life and now she is gone. That woman was his own sister. Later, he has a powerful immortal summon her spirit from the afterlife. His sister’s ghost refuses to answer his questions or forgive him, only informing him that he will die tomorrow before fading away. At last, Manfred returns to his castle, awaiting his imminent death.

Hearing rumors of his magical endeavors, an Abbot from the Church visits Manfred and offers to help him repent. At the same time, a demon arises before Manfred. Stubborn as always, Manfred rejects both the priest and the spirit. He refuses to submit to anyone, neither God nor the Devil nor any other of the beings he came across on his journey. Finally, his body reaches its limit and he passes away in the arms of the Abbot refusing to repent till the very end.

Personality:

Manfred is the archetypical Byronic Hero, intelligent but self-centered. He is incredibly stubborn and bursting with pride, thinking himself above all the people and spirits he meets. Emotionally sensitive, he does not take it well when others do not obey him and possesses a short violent temper. Incredibly passionate with a strong sense of values, he lives as if he were special and unlike any other human before or after him. In other words, he’s basically Matou Shinji. At their core, Manfred and Shinji possess incredibly similar personalities and philosophies. The one key difference between them is that Manfred possesses a strong sense of self-awareness while Shinji has practically none. Because of this, Manfred is dragged down by his sins whereas Shinji is able to move beyond his past.

The sin that weighs down Manfred’s heart is the taboo of incest. In his affections, he forced himself upon his sister and caused her death, either causing her to commit suicide or some other indirect result of his actions. The crux of his story is one not of atonement but guilt; he does not seek to repent for his sins, only wishing to rid himself of the pain that her loss has given him. In the end, he really does only care about himself.

As for whether this Servant possesses Manfred or Shinji’s personality is a complicated matter since they’re so alike to begin with. For the sake of convenience, one can consider the situation to be that he possesses Manfred’s personality and Shinji’s memories. Putting himself in Shinji’s shoes, the literature illusion acts much the same, only now brooding over Shinji’s list of atrocities instead. He will not try to make amends or become a better person; he’ll just feel sorry for himself and continue as always. As part of his sorrow, he’ll even act as if he killed her.

Since he possesses Shinji’s memories, he goes by the name Matou Shinji as if he truly were the real deal. Only someone who was very close to the original such as an old friend or family member would be able to tell the difference.
    Non-Magecraft Related Abilities
    Matou Shinji’s true nature is that of a literature illusion, a fictional story superimposed onto a corporeal body. In order for his manifestation to be maintained, his abilities have been adjusted to follow the laws and logic of reality. In this manner, powers that he does not explicitly possess in his original work are granted to him as they are what he would have had he truly existed. Because of this readjustment, he is a very unique Servant, differing from Phantoms which embody concepts rather than personas. As one would expect, it would only be possible for him to be born in extreme circumstances such as the Shinjuku Phantom Incident.

Immortal Corpse

Through magecraft, Shinji has acquired the body of a Dead Apostle and the typical powers of one such as immortality and blood-sucking. His physical abilities are far above those of a human, but they are lackluster for a Servant, putting him on par with an average Caster. In terms of physicality, he is nothing special among vampires and is almost painfully average. The usual vampiric weaknesses of sunlight and water apply to him. Since he’s technically a Servant now, conventional weaponry no longer works on him but spiritual weapons are fair game. Overall, for an immortal, his physical abilities are hardly intimidating. On the bright side, the cost of maintaining his body is low since he’s so weak.

History Denial

The nature of a Dead Apostle to deny human history. Noble Phantasms made by man or prepared for men are rendered useless against Shinji as they are validations of human history. It is not a matter of a special ability by simple compatibility inherent to all Dead Apostles. Naturally, Noble Phantasms made by the gods and wielded by the gods would work on Shinji. For the most part though, compared to an armory of mad-made Noble Phantasms, a single human with a cross is more dangerous to Shinji.
    Magecraft
    Matou Shinji’s true abilities lie in his magecraft. He is a talented and skilled magus whose research led him to becoming a Dead Apostle. His school of magecraft is an orthodox form of western thaumaturgy. His personal studies lean towards curses and spiritual evocation, summoning spirits to do his bidding. Despite what one might expect, he is actually unskilled in necromancy and cannot call the spirits of the dead to life.

Spiritual Contract: Shinji is able to form spiritual contracts that bind one’s soul to fulfill the conditions of the contract. It does not need to take a physical form like a geas scroll and can be as simple as holding someone to their word. He uses this ability to contract the spirits he summons, effectively making them his familiars. When interacting with Shinji, be careful what you say; it might be something you can’t take back.

Seven Nature Spirits: Nature Spirits are spirits born from nature itself. Their bodies are formed by the will of the planet and they gain power from the very nature. In his legend, Shinji summoned seven powerful nature spirits to kill him. Although they were unable to kill him, they instead offered to give him the power of the earth or control over the elements as it was in more in line with their abilities. These seven spirits have already been contracted to him and will do as he wills. They are all high-ranking nature spirits on a class of mystery not too far from an Elemental. By summoning and commanding them, Shinji can subsequently manipulate nature to some degree.

Guardian Spirit Awakening: Shinji possesses the ability to forcefully awaken the Guardian Spirit of an object or area. In his legend, he awakened the guardian spirit of the alpine mountain range, the Witch of the Alps, as to gaze upon her beauty. Similarly, if an object or location also possesses a guardian spirit, he can forcefully cause them to manifest. Unlike lower-level spirits, however, he cannot forcefully contract these spirits and must ask them to do as he pleases.

Divine Words: The language of the Age of Gods which Shinji uncovered during his research. By using these, he can cut the length of his incantations significantly, especially during combat. With this power, a more direct attack style can be utilized. It isn’t impossible for him to shoot a “Bishounen Beam” out of his hands if he truly wished to.
    Special Powers

“What do you think? It’s a beautiful tree, isn’t it? But, to me, it just looks like a grave…”

Source

Pharble Mantasm

Marble Phantasm is the ability to materialize a phantasm, connecting one’s will to nature and transfiguring one’s surrounding world to one’s vision. As one is part of nature, one can change the world as he desires.

Of course, Shinji is not a True Ancestor nor an Elemental so he cannot use a Marble Phantasm. He can, however, control a power incredibly similar to one. By accepting the power over earth offered to him by the Seven Nature Spirits, Shinji gains the ability to manipulate nature to his will as if he were one with it. There are some extra limitations to the power, but he can essentially create and modify the world as he sees fit.

In other words, Shinji possesses a pseudo Marble Phantasm AKA Pharble Mantasm.

Naturally, since his ability is a borrowed power, there are limitations to its usage. He can only control nature within the domain of the seven spirits he controls: Earth, Ocean, Air, Night, Mountain, Wind, and Star. Elements such as fire or animals are out of one’s reach. As well, the scale of which he can manipulate isn’t very large. Most of all, it’s super energy inefficient and just trying would cripple one’s mana stores for a while. That said, if one is able to get past such problems, the only limitation left is Shinji’s imagination. A fissure opening up beneath one’s feet, a tornado cage cutting off all escape, a whirlpool from which there is no escape, or a vacuum corridor… knowing him, though, he’ll probably be satisfied creating a Shinji-tank or building walls of seaweed.

Perfect Cherry Blossom

“They say that corpses give the blossoms their color. How many lives do you think it’ll take to bring mine to life? Heh, just kidding.”

A twisted application of Shinji’s abilities. Using his magecraft, he has created a Youkai Sakura Tree, infusing it with a malignant nature spirit. It lures other people in with its seductive beauty and then eats them, dragging their body underground with its roots and then slowly draining them of their life energy. In some ways, it can be considered a vampire.

The reason for creating such a strange creature is likely lost on the mind of us mere mortals but it is also likely that Shinji has created it solely to feel sentimental, as if erecting such a monument would erase his sins. It is a sign of his affection and a symbol of his willingness to acknowledge his sins. When he gets bored, he’ll go outside and stare at it for a while, making a variation of complicated expressions and musing about his troubles.

This tree sure brings back memories… It makes me wonder how Sakura’s doing on the other side.

… Nii-san, I’m right here. I’m still alive.

Ah, I can still hear her voice even now. Cursed fate, must you torment me?

…?

Japunika Assassination Notebook

Month ◯ , Day ◯ Clear Skies ☆☆☆
    Today’s events.

Nii-san’s been acting weird lately. It’s hard to tell but he’s less energetic.
    He’s been making less of a fuss during dinner and he did all his chores.
    When he looks at me lately, he seems sad.
    The other day, he asked me if I had any last wishes. I don’t understand what he meant.
    I’m worried he’s sick.

Also, yesterday, the cherry blossom tree outside bloomed out of season.
    Nii-san spent an hour outside looking at it.
    Because of that, he was late to dinner and the food got cold.
    Unforgivable.

This is the best thing I've read all year.

Blog Entries
    The notebook was cleverly done, well played.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.