Page 42 of 366 FirstFirst ... 32374041424344475292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Kraken: Maybe I'm missing something here, but what was your justification for associating her with Viking berserkers? The sheet itself is cool, but the underlying concept doesn't feel very well fleshed out.

She's a Norse legend, stuffed in a suit of armor (or a crab shell). Octopi can take on any aesthetic they like, so she she went with the warriors of her "homeland", hence a berserker. If the Japanese had been the ones to elevate her to a Phantasmal existence, she'd look like a samurai.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Funderfullness View Post
    She's a Norse legend, stuffed in a suit of armor (or a crab shell). Octopi can take on any aesthetic they like, so she she went with the warriors of her "homeland", hence a berserker. If the Japanese had been the ones to elevate her to a Phantasmal existence, she'd look like a samurai.
    I guess that makes sense. I was just wondering if it was anything more then that.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I might just throw my hand in this.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    me too I just thought of something

good
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

"I'm half an ounce of whoop-ass,"

Class:
    Assassin
    True Name: The Wren
    Aliases: The King of the Birds
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Origins: Irish folklore

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: E
    AGI: A
    MGI: B
    LCK: A-
    NP: B+

Class Skills:
    Presence Concealment: A+:
    Hides one's presence as a Servant. Suitable for spying. It is possible to disappear completely and become almost impossible to be detected, even against a Servant's perception. When preparation to attack is made, the rank drops to A. On top of that, the Wren will almost always announce her presence before she attacks, a bad habit if there ever was one.

Personal Skills:

Animal Dialogue: A+:
    Communication with animals who do not speak the language of words. As an animal herself, The Wren can carry out flawless conversations with creatures of all kinds, up to and including the Phantasmal Species. Additionally, when conversing with any avian or avian-esque creature, The Wren possesses a form of persuasion equivalent to Charisma B.

Riding: C:
    Most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts. Even though she has the ability to handle most vehicles, The Wren's "hands off" style is less than ideal.

Golden Rule: C-:
    The measurement of one's ability to acquire wealth. The traditions surrounding the wren on St Stephen's Day have spread far and are often associated with the collection of money. In the modern era, any money collected is usually for the sake of community functions or charities but in older times, a live wren was often killed and paraded around, and the money that was raised was said to be for its funeral. As a result of these roots, The Wren's luck decreases as she acquires wealth, forcing her to spend it quickly.

Opportunist: B:
    The Skill of one who takes any opportunity as it arises, with no regard for risk or principle. The Wren hid upon the eagle's back until he could fly no higher, whereupon she seized her chance and became the king of birds. This skill manifests as an ability to see and act on an opportunity for a quick victory if it arises, however until such a decisive moment reveals itself, this skill is useless and even knowing and being able to act on the opportunity does not guarantee Assassin's success.

Noble Phantasm:
    Na gCrúba an t-Iolar: The Wicked Slash Of The Would Be King: B+: (Anti-Unit/Anti-King)
    Range: 3-30
    Max Targets: 2

When The Wren was crowned the King of the Birds, the eagle lashed out with his talons, killing The Wren and casting her body into a gorse bush. This Noble Phantasm is the recreation of the attack that ended The Wren's kingship as soon as it had begun, the eagle's fury at The Wren for denying him his rightful kingship through her cunning given form again. The Noble Phantasm manifests as a pair of gigantic talons, bearing down on the position of Assassin and her enemy. As this is the attack that killed The Wren, she is in danger of being killed by it as a Servant should it hit her, even before the damage bonus the Noble Phantasm receives against all King or Sovereign attribute Servants is factored in.

Background
    On St Stephen's Day, God decided that a King of the Birds should be crowned. Every bird in the sky assembled together and argued over how they would go about settling the matter of who would be king. Acting on the counsel of the wise Owl, it was decided that a competition would be held, the victor of which would become the King of the Birds. After much deliberation, the nature of the competition was decided, again by the Owl. The bird that flew higher than all others would be crowned King.

The competition began and the eagle soared above his competition. Reaching higher and higher, until he could fly no more, the eagle proclaimed his victory. Only then, did The Wren, waiting on his back, announce her presence and begin flying, as the eagle fell back to earth. The Wren claimed to be the winner and despite the eagle's attempts to contest the claim, she was crowned as the King of the Birds. Enraged by this, the eagle struck The Wren with his talons and killed her, her body falling into a furze bush.

Personality
    Assassin is a laid back Servant at her core. She doesn't stress herself out and is content to lounge around, occasionally giving advice to those who ask her. Despite this laid back nature, Assassin is also a dedicated trickster, fond of subverting the powerful and the sagely through her guile and cunning for the sake of the weak like herself. Her relaxed and flippant attitude is all cultivated to irritate those she cannot fully defy or to give her the chance to undermine them later on.

When it comes to a Master, The Wren's initial opinion will be heavily dependent on her Master's ability. Powerful magi will initially be viewed with distrust, while she will be more sympathetic to weaker magi and accidental participants in a war. This is only the initial opinion and is subject to change as she learns more of her Master's personality. She has no time for the egotistical and arrogant or the pessimistic and sycophantic. A good Master in her eyes is someone who is humble but strives to improve and who always has some food to spare for the little birds in the garden.

Dislikes: Hard work.
    Talent: Trickery.
    Natural Enemy: The Eagle.

Alternate FC

Creator's Notes
    I didn't think this little story would have the five million different endings it had when I tried looking it up to jog my memory. There's one ending where the wren has to go on the run from the eagle and his big bird cronies and one where the owl disqualifies the wren on semantics. The ending I do remember is the one where the wren gets ganked by the eagle and ends up in the gorse bush/furze. There's also a story about how the wren ratted St Stephen out and got him killed so Steve cursed the wren to always fly low but I couldn't re-find where I found that. The most important thing I learned however, is that we're fucking weird in Ireland.

Also if you use Edison's Concept Improvement on Wren's NP, it turns into a ★ ranked Anti-Tyranny/Anti-Tea FREEDOM PHANTASM consisting of 50 strikes of the Eagle's Talons, trust me, I know the guy who made this sheet.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    me too I just thought of something

good
    No regrets

Class: Saver
    Name: Harambe
    Sex: Male
    Source: Historical Fact, Internet Culture
    Region: United States of America
    Alignment: Varies

Height: 170 cm
    Weight: 200 kg

Parameters
    Spoiler:
    Strength: B
    Constitution: C
    Agility: D
    Magical Energy: E
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: A

Class Skills
    Spoiler:
    Charisma: A+
    A skill denoting one’s natural charm and ability to unify a country. At A+ rank, one is said to have achieved the highest popularity of a gorilla but at this point can be said to be a curse.

As the target and the product of cultural hysteria, Harambe eventually symbolized a faucet and a means of communication for every contemporary event and social issue. Detractors from this cultural performance disagreed through the argument that the meme was dumb. Holding such an opinion only led to increased fervor of the worship for this being. In that sense, mere possession of an opinion about Saver and the hysteria around him that was enough to become part of this cultural maelstrom. It is not an exaggeration to call this popularity a curse.

Counter Hero: C
    Reduces a proper hero’s parameters by one rank. Has no effect against Anti-Heroes.

Harambe is the assertion that all heroes are inherently false, that the heroes of history are mere products of a universe of awareness which can capriciously change instant to instant. Anyone or anything can be come a hero. The true heroes in this world are the unnamed scapegoats that were demonized for the sake of the status quo and to better represent that status quo.

Phantom
    Spoiler:
    Harambe does not qualify as a Heroic Spirit and cannot materialize as a Servant. Born in captivity in 1996, the gorilla was shot in 2016 when a child fell into his enclosure. There is nothing remarkable about that story, there is nothing remarkable about the age. Yet… people started making a big deal about it, and then others starting making about big deal about those who started making a big deal about it, and then out of this continuous, cyclic, outpouring of performances, sincere, ironic, sarcastic, or perhaps a combination of all, Harambe gained a second life.

A Phantom refers to those urban myths and legends that have a Saint Graph value too low to become a Heroic Spirit. Harambe is in no way an urban legend; however, the hysteria that followed in wake of his death created for him a second life that more than qualified him to be such a being. That being said, it is still impossible to materialize Harambe just like any other phantom; however, in the digital world where he originated from it may be possible due to his unique characteristics.

Nothing
    Spoiler:
    The
    infinite
    nothing
    that occurs in physics and mathematics.
    Due to the properties that have crystallized into his Noble Phantasm, Harambe is the ultimate demagogue. Harambe represents and has encapsulated animal rights issues, racial equality, the over reliance of social media, the beliefs of the alt-right, the fake or over exaggerated displays of public mourning, the sensationalization of news and what is worthy of being news, and more. Harambe was both a method of expressing and method of reaction to all these topics and more. In that sense, his very existence became infinite, infinitely replicated, infinitely remixed, infinitely shared, infinitely consumed.

Without doing anything, a mere gorilla reached the realm of True Magic.

Saver
    Spoiler:
    When malignant information gathers and condenses in the way that it did for Harambe, it is possible create something called a “Dead Face.” That is because malignant information is most notably tinged or wholly comprised of the grudges or the anxiety of its producers. Without a doubt, the infinite and expanding vortex of malignant information that Harambe is comprised of powerful emotions, whether they be hateful, sincere or fulsome. At the same time, Harambe is the target as well as the conduit for those powerful emotions. However, none of those emotions are directed at Harambe himself.

In some memes, Harambe is seen in a messianic light, but that is not what qualifies him for the Saver class. He is an unknowing martyr, a beast who's very life, memory, and dignity was sacrificed as the public poured their emotional burdens onto him. However, as aforementioned, as those emotions are not directed towards him, he will never demonize and become an Anti-Hero. He is a way to navigate horrifying and complex social inequalities and interactions. That is to say, this is mud that spreads with no direction, no intent because it spreads in every direction, with every intent bound and helping to fulfill the infinite psychological needs of the ones who encounter it. Perhaps what is saved is one's vulnerability in a world where you are endlessly judged.

Personal Skills
    Spoiler:
    Monstrous Strength: B
    Ability possessed by beasts and monsters. The ability to rank up STR for limited amount of time.

Silverback gorillas are well known for their overwhelming strength, many times higher than a human’s. It is worthy to note that even though they do possess overwhelming strength their balance is not the best.

Protection from Sleep: D
    Ability to stay awake even when medicine, potions or magecraft that inflict sleep have been used. At D rank, it is possible to stay awake for 5 turns.

Zookeepers considered using tranquilizer darts on Harambe; however, concluded at it would take several minutes for it to take effect due to his size. A high dose would have taken a similar time to work but may have also killed Harambe.

Memetic Continuation: B
    Not the ability to stay alive, but the ability to come back in a different form when defeated.

Harambe was shot and died. Yet, even if he was dead, he eventually manifested in the shared consciousness of internet culture. This is a skill similar to Performance Continuation.

Noble Phantasm
    Spoiler:
    Harambee
    All Shall Pull Together

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 0
    Maximum Targets: 1 gorilla
    Harambee
    This maelstrom of malignant information can be used as what is known in the world of magecraft as a universal Craft Essence. It is the ability to take on any concept and also to apply that concept onto anything. This means Harambe can be used as a conceptual substitute in the invocation of any ritual, the creation of any mystic code, or to supplement any living being without lowering the integrity as well as the mystery of that target for his existence and what his existence represents is infinite. A side effect is that whatever is the target will take up a gorilla theme. No matter what concept Harambe encapsulates the indisputable fact remains that he is still a gorilla.

A low rank supplemental Noble Phantasm. It is incredibly effective as well as dangerous in the digital world where information is always regarded as true and where concepts are absolute. In a virtual spiritron world, this Noble Phantasm would probably be classified as EX, Anti-World.

Harambe was named by Dan Van Copponelle. He was inspired to use the name while he was listening to the Rita Marley song “Harambee.” In Swahili this word means “working together,” and happens to be the official motto of Kenya. One etymology posits that railway workers would shout “har har Ambe” in praise of the Hindu goddess Duraga while working.

Creator Notes:
    Spoiler:
    I was not going to enter this month’s contest because I couldn’t think of anything. And then I suddenly thought of this. With the possibility of distastefully beating a dead gorilla, I would like to believe this is a sincere effort. At the same time, it is part of the nature of the Harambe meme to be sincere and ironic at the same time.

I would say that one thing that really interests me with Typemoon is how do current world events look with a Nasuverse mindset. Pop culture has its place in the Nasuverse with Whoopi Goldberg’s Sister Act in Strange Fake for instance, or Clinton mentioned in Zero, or Harry Potter being mentioned in the Case Files manga. However, contemporary issues and fads are never really examined and to be honest there’s no real need for the writers to examine then. But at the same time, it’s an interesting thought experiment to contextualize trivial things like this into a Nasuverse mindset and see what are the concepts that can be incorporated and where are things incompatible.
    Last edited by You; April 10th, 2018 at 10:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Okay, You has won the contest. Everyone can go home now.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hahahaha wow
    Not what I expected when you said you had a good idea, You.
    I unironically like it though

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I love how You just knocks it out of the park with a meme sheet.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    @You: there is room for thought about how current RL political ideology and related topics can be translated over, probably more easily compared in the magus side.

Like, it can be relevant or just absurd (what the hell would be the equivalent of BLM or #MeToo here, even though America is rather irrelevant in this particular universe)

Anyways, top fucking kek, a winner is you

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    What's the theme for the latest contest?

Blog Entries
    Well, I mean, the nature of Mystery means that the 'Moonlit World' is generally pretty uninvolved with the mundane one, so things would probably be more or less the same.

Anyway, the point isn't 'how would real world stuff be affected by the Nasuverse' its 'how would the Nasuverse be affected by real world stuff'. The sheet was "The Harambe meme managed to turn some random ass gorilla into a psuedo-Heroic Spirit" not "The Harambe meme but mages shared it lol" y'know?

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    What's the theme for the latest contest?
    Animals.
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

The starting penalty is five.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    I no longer regret anything.

Thank You, Harambe.

Blog Entries
    I would like to formally forfeit.

Simply remaining in this contest against this masterpiece shames me.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    It nice to know that I doesn't need to try anymore.

You

to think there is this kind of monkey species....
    Be sliced by the blades of summer snow, fragile thing..

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    ‘Oh You’

Ok but for real that was a great sheet, I just had to respond appropriately.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    My day, my life, my existence has been enlightened.

Thanks, (You).
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3