Page 75 of 367 FirstFirst ... 25657073747576778085125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 7332

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Blog Entries
    We all know that modern figures lack the mistery to become servants, but you can always make a good enough excuse to justify It, like Edson
    My servants and mages
    Sorry, my english sucks

Things

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Incidentally, my idea of encouraging someone is to kidnap them, starve them, and then spend hours a day slapping their bound and gagged body with my penis.

Greatest battle in history
    He-man x Shiki Satsujinki

I love the internet

OH GOD SO CUTE

Blog Entries
    Being a Heroic Spirit requies fame and worship, not mystery, although it does factor on the HS's power

Blog Entries
    Class: Rider
    Other Classes: Caster
    True Name: Shotaro Ishinomori
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Place of Origin: Japan
    Face Claim
    Parameters:

STR: D
    END: D
    AGI: E
    MGI: E
    LCK: C+
    NP: A+

Dislikes: Evil, Nazis
    Talent: Writing
    Natural Enemy: Large Evil Orginizations
    Attribute: Man
    Armament:
    Catalyst:

Class Skills:
    Spoiler:
    Riding
    There are no anecdotes of Rider using mounts or vehicles or mounts during his life and despite being a member of the Rider Class Rider’s qualifications for it are more conceptual than physical.

Magic Resistance
    Because he is a modern Heroic Spirit, he has no resistance to magic.

Personal Skills:
    Spoiler:
    We Fight For Human Freedom
    As a writer Rider believed strongly in the ideals of an inherent justice beyond that which governments said, as a result this skill gives him a rank up in all parameters when protecting humans as individuals from powerful entities.

Pioneer of the Stars(False)
    Pioneer of the Stars is a skill belonging to those that became turning points in human history. Rider was not one of these people but wrote about them many times giving him Pioneer of the Stars(False). Rather than making victory a possibility in any situation this skill gives Rider the ability to succeed in a narratively appropriate time to serve the story.

High Speed Divine Writing
    The man who won the Guinness World Record for writing the most comics in ones life time. That is the power Rider has as a servant able to draw manga at a speed unknown to man, even from the Age of Gods. Full volumes of manga can be created in hours with no loss of quality. These manga have no special qualities and only exist to be enjoyed by the reader.

Noble Phantasm(s):
    Spoiler:
    King of Manga
    The Man who Created a Hero

Type: Anti-Unit(Self)
    Range: NA
    Max Targets: 1
    During his life Rider created many heroes that are still loved to this very day and have become Phantom Spirits. As a Servant Rider can act as a vessel to these Phantom Spirits becoming a vessel for them. This possession can only last for half an hour, the length of the tv shows that he worked on in life and increases the mana drain on his master exponentially.

When acting as a vessel for the Phantom Spirits his entire Saint Graph is rewritten to become that of his fictional character with the heroic spirit known as Shotaro Ishinomore no longer existing until the Noble Phantasm wears off.

Examples of the Phantom Spirits that Rider will use most often are:

Phantom Spirits
    Kamen Rider(Takeshi Hongo)
    STR: B
    END: A-
    AGI: B-
    LCK: B+
    NP: NA

Skills:
    Riding
    Most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill, even vehicles that did not exist in the time period one was alive in, for they are no exception. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts.

Eye of the Mind(False)
    Capable of calm analysis of battle conditions even when in danger and deduce an appropriate course of action after considering all possibilities to escape from a predicament. So long there is even a 1% chance of a comeback, this ability greatly improves the chances of winning.

Akarenger(Tsuyoshi Kaijo)
    STR: C
    END: C
    AGI: B-
    MGI: D
    LCK: B

Skills:
    Team Tactics
    Having been trained by the Japanese Government and leading a team of heroes for years against the forces of evil Akarenger is an expert on leading a group in battle.

Cyborg 009(Joe Shimamura)
    STR: C+
    END: C+
    AGI: A+
    LCK: D

Skills:
    Accelerator
    A switch hidden in the back of 009’s molar allows him to activate his accelerator. While in an accelerated state 009 moves at such high speeds that the rest of the world looks like it’s standing still. However while in the accelerated state 009 is unable to hear anything, has a limit to the amount of times he can activate the Accelerator, and touching any human being will result in major injury for them and possibly death making it a bad idea for quick getaways.

Inazuman(Saburo Kazeta)
    END: B-
    AGI: C
    MGI: A+
    LCK: A

Skills:
    Psionics
    The power to use psychic powers for a variety of uses. Saburo was one of the most powerful psychics of his era able to use telekinesis, telepathy, teleportation, and instant regeneration. In addition Saburo can transform in Inazuman an insect like being that can generate giant amounts of electricity.

Lore:
    Spoiler:
    Shotaro Ishinomori was celebrated as one of the most influential manga artists of all time as well as the creator of many tv franchises that are still airing to this day.

As a child Ishinomori loved drawing manga and despite his fathers insistence that he get a respectable profession like that a Doctor his little sister Yoshie cheered him on and inspired him to move to Tokyo. Ishinomori got his start in the manga industry when he got a job acting as an assistant to Osamu Tezuka working on Astro Boy. He enjoyed living in Tokyo becoming friends with many of his fellow artists and his beloved little sister would often come and visit him to cheer him on. Unfortunately in 1958 his little sister died of an asthma attack but not before encouraging her brother to continue to do what he loved.
    He continued to work hard in manga writing and drawing at a break neck speed and got his big break publishing the manga Cyborg 009 which became Japan’s first super hero team. He continued to create more super hero manga with titles such as Gilgamesh, Skull Man, Gilgamesh, and 009-1. His fame grew even more to the point he teamed up with Toei Company Ltd in order to produce the show Kamen Rider which kicked of the Henshin Hero boom in Japan. He created many many more heroes for television including the Gorengers, Kikaider, Akumaizer, Inazuman, and many more.

Ishinomori never stopped writing and after his tragic death in 1998 he was posthumously awarded the Guinness World Record for most comics published by one author.

Personality:
    Spoiler:
    When Shotaro Ishinomori was a child he got into a fist fight with another boy and beat him. However instead of happiness when he saw his opponent lying on the ground crying Ishinomori only felt sadness. From then on he developed the idea that victory did not necessarily equal a reason to cheer.

Ishinomori was a man who believed in justice with his whole heart, not the justice of the law or the government, but rather the justice of human freedom. While not a fighter in life after having been summoned as a servant Shotaro Ishinomori will do his best to protect humanity.

Relationships:
    Spoiler:
    Gilgamesh
    “I created a story about you once. I am glad I was correct about your arrogance.”
    *Activates Gate of Babylon* “Want to say that again mongrel?”

Emiya(Alter)
    “A man drowning in evil making the choice to return to justice. That is what being a hero means and I can see that in you.”
    “I am no hero, not anymore… but maybe I can become one again.

Hans Christian Anderson
    “I have read your works Anderson and I must say I greatly enjoyed them. Could we collaborate on a story together sometime?”
    “Sure, if you you give me your High Speed Divine Writing skill. I’d never have to worry about deadlines if I had that.”

Creator Notes:
    I’m a big fan of Shotaro Ishinomori and all of his works so when the contest this month was Writers I had to make a sheet honoring him. I think he might be a little overpowered for a very modern day servant with his Noble Phantasm but hey I only gave him one EX skill so that’s a plus. I know this is tooting my own for but I’m really proud of creating the Pioneer of the Stars(False) skill because the idea of making the impossible possible is very much something that his characters do a lot. The face claim by the way is Nakijima Kento who played Shotaro Ishinomori in the movie Shotaro Ishinomori: The Man Who Created Heroes.
    Last edited by cooldownnow; April 7th, 2019 at 08:19 PM.

My Servant Compendium

Ever wonder what a Holy Grail War set in Texas would be like? Well wonder no longer because here is:
    Fate Texas Night
    Become Naunet the next leader of the Atlas Institute and fight your way to the top of a deadly war.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Source

Class: Berserker
    Other Classes: Caster, Avenger
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Place of Origin: Sulmona, Italy

Parameters:
    END: C
    AGI: C
    MGI: B+
    LCK: D
    NP: B

Height: 167 cm
    Weight: 62 kg
    Dislikes: Criticism, distance between loved ones, materialism
    Talent: Writing poems, relationship advice, encyclopedic memory
    Natural Enemy: “Ibis”
    Traits: Humanoid, Male, Roman
    Armament: N/A
    Catalyst: A first-century statuette

Skills
    Class Skills

Mad Enhancement - Rank D: The Class Skill that characterizes a Berserker, raising basic parameters and strengthens one's physical abilities in exchange of hindering mental capacities and/or in exchange for their sense of reason.
    Berserker’s Mad Enhancement does not provide strengthening in terms of attributes, but merely plays a role in making the functions of his abilities possible. Berserker himself is affected by an addiction of sorts to love, thinking of the world only in amorous terms. As such, though his language ability remains, his reason can be considered gone. The effects of this bleed over to Berserker’s first Noble Phantasm, afflicting her with a highly unreasonable temperament.

Personal Skills

Remembrance of the Age of Gods - Rank C+: A Skill awarded for one’s role in preserving the knowledge of the Age of Gods. It allows one to carry some of the Mystery of the Age of Gods with them, along with a connection to that era.
    Though the information in Berserker’s works was common knowledge in his own era, his writings served as one of the primary sources of information on what is known as Greco-Roman mythology in the modern era. For Berserker, the main benefits of this Skill mostly allow his Noble Phantasms to function.

Wisdom of the Art of Love - Rank A: Wisdom regarding the arts of seduction and methods of resisting such things. With the exception of those particular of certain heroes, almost all Skills relating to charm effects and charm resistance can be displayed with a proficiency level of B~A Rank. Compares unfavorably to the abilities of certain other teachers.
    Berserker was fully recognized as a teacher of seduction, but also offered methods of spotting or resisting such attempts to the audience.

Noble Phantasms

My Work of Sadness and Love
    Tristia atque Amores

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range:
    Berserker’s greatest creation, as well as his chosen method of manifesting. Tristia atque Amores is an ‘artificial human’, created so that Berserker’s works could be ‘lived’. Female in appearance, the Noble Phantasm’s appearance is based on “Corinna”, a character born of Berserker’s imagination and appearing as the focus of one of his poems, given animation by magecraft. Berserker chooses to grant his ability as a Servant, to manifest in a material body, to “Corinna”, keeping himself in spiritual form to act as an advisor and an observer.
    Though originating as a sort of puppet, the modern understanding of Corinna as a living person has granted her a personality of her own, largely based on the actions and feelings represented in Berserker’s ‘Amores’. Due to Berserker sacrificing his ability to manifest physically, Corinna is a Heroic Spirit, though she would normally be a mere Phantom.
    Due to the peculiarities in Berserker and Corinna’s manifestation, Corinna is capable of utilizing Berserker’s abilities fully, though her ability to harness them is hampered by her Mad Enhancement. As such, aside from his Skills and Noble Phantasms, Corinna also has access to Berserker’s Magecraft, a product of the 1st century.

The Heroines of Antiquity
    Metamorphoses

Range:
    A spell, born of two of Berserker’s works, namely ‘Heroides’, and ‘Metamorphoses’, manifested as a collection of scrolls. With the link to the Age of Gods’ Mystery provided by his Remembrance of the Age of Gods Skill, as well as his understanding of the character of those he wrote about, Berserker can cause Corinna to take on the form and abilities of the legendary heroines present in his poetry.
    As Berserker’s works are one of the chief surviving sources on the myth of Ancient Greece, Metamorphoses acts as a sort of gateway to their legends, allowing a representation of them to appear in the modern world through Corinna’s body. Among the heroines Metamorphoses can manifest are Medea, Atalanta, Caenis, Scylla, and Dido, as well as many others.
    However, Metamorphoses is not an ability that allows the summoning of Servants. Rather, it pulls the abilities of the original heroines across time and space, ‘fitting’ those abilities and the heroine’s equipment onto Corinna’s form. As these abilities do not come from a Saint Graph, they do not include Skills or Noble Phantasms as such, but similar effects can be included. The power of a summoned figure can also fluctuate almost at random, based on Berserker’s personal understanding of the legend in question. This can make wanton use of Metamorphoses as a crutch unreliable at best.

Poetic Curse
    Ibis

Range: 1~100
    The only Noble Phantasm remaining in Berserker’s personal use, though it is also allowed to Corinna. A form of High-Thaumaturgy, working on the basis of Mystery harnessed over two millennia ago. Ibis is based on a cursed poem of the same name, written by the hand of Kallimakhos. It heaps all manner of torment on the target, working minor effects onto the focus of Berserker’s enmity over and over, until such a time as the curse accumulates enough power to kill.
    In Berserker’s hands, Ibis uses the death of mythical heroes and heroines as a basis for the target’s eventual fate. Though this means that both the cost in magical energy and time necessary to fully invoke the curse’s effect are raised significantly, the effect of actualizing death or injury that has already occurred to another can help to reduce the efficiency of the target’s defenses, even those that ward against magic.
    Even though Ibis is an effective weapon in its own right, it can only reach its full potential when leveled at a target Berserker truly hates. In such a case, a measure of the divine power Berserker prayed to possess in order to exact his vengeance seeps into the spell, magnifying its power. When activated in such a way, Ibis unleashes the full brunt of the horrors contained within the 400 or so lines of verse Berserker wrote to describe his enemy’s fate on the target.

It should, however, be noted, that in his poem Berserker vows to return from beyond the grave should death take him before his enemy receives his punishment. In the case that Corinna should die, Berserker’s sealed physical body would suddenly be released, and he would be free to exact his vengeance upon Corinna’s killer in full.
    A vengeful ghost, risen to rend the flesh of one he has designated as ‘Ibis’, his enemy, and an entity that truly lives up to the name of Berserker. Naturally, Berserker would fade away not long after his vengeance is fulfilled.

Lore
    Berserker’s true identity is Publius Ovidius Naso, also known as Ovid, the Latin Poet of Love.

Born in Sulmo in the 1st century, Ovid was educated in rhetoric from an early age. Though his father expected him to use what he learned for a career in law or government, Ovid was pulled relentlessly toward the creative arts. He eventually became part of a circle of artists centered on the patron Marcus Valerius Messalla Corvinus, within which he met such personages as Virgil and Horace, whose works he admired greatly.
    Ovid’s works chiefly concerned the matter of love, to which he claimed expertise owing to his many marriages. Thanks to the influence of Virgil, Ovid absent-mindedly began to dabble with magecraft, infusing his poems with what he hoped would imbue them with a life of their own. During his era as a famous poet, Ovid also published what was to be one of his most famous works, the Metamorphoses, which told of the history and mythology of the world, from the dawn of creation and the Ages of Man to more modern events, ending with the apotheoses of Romulus and Caesar.
    Then, for a reason that remains unknown to this day, Ovid was banished from Rome. He merely attributes the cause of his banishment to ‘a poem and a mistake’. Though he had gained the ire of the powers that be with his poetry urging for free love in a time where Emperor Augustus was enacting his moral marriage laws, his true sin was the first breakthrough in his magical efforts, an artificial being Ovid named ‘Corinna’. Nevertheless, he was forced to leave his works, the unfinished Corinna among them, and relocated to Tomis on the furthest borders of the empire.
    Though he still wrote and published his poems, Ovid was in anguish, unable to return to his friends and loved ones, forever kept from the glorious city of Rome, his work left unfinished. With what little he had learned of magical theory, he attempted to connect to Corinna in order to walk the streets of Rome once more. His efforts caught him nothing but glimpses, which he recorded in one of his last poems, Tristia. Ovid spent the rest of his days on the shore of the Black Sea, sending pleading requests to the emperor and other dignitaries to revoke his exile and allow him to return.

Personality
    As a Berserker, Ovid’s love of love itself has been propelled to new heights. Though he can feel other emotions, he sees most things through the lens of love. The only other emotion he truly acknowledges, hate, is to him simply another kind of affection. Thankfully, Ovid’s unconditional love towards his creation, Corinna, has restricted him to spiritual form, limiting the amount of people he can bother.
    Ovid sees himself as a guardian entity, standing watch over Corinna and his Master and imparting them with his sage advice. As his sanity has fully departed, no force in the world can convince him otherwise. Though he can be considered a nuisance, a far cry from the man he was in life, certain pieces of advice can still prove useful. Ovid’s particular area of expertise outside advice in the area of love lies in his mastery of classical mythology and, when pressed, manipulation of others through seduction.
    Despite his worldview being positive most of the time, Ovid’s mood can be soured by mentions of his exile and dwelling on his past. This can force him to seek isolation, though he will surely eventually return to those he views as under his protection. Though he is candid on other subjects, he stubbornly refuses to divulge anything relating to his exile.

Corinna, on the other hand, is a haughty high-class girl, prone to jealousy, exactly as she is described in Ovid’s poetry. She is quite selfish, thinking of luxuries and enjoyment as her natural right. As such, she expects her Master to deliver such things to her in exchange for her service. Corinna acknowledges her status as a Heroic Spirit, but refuses the designation of ‘Servant’ vehemently.
    The side she normally shows, however, is a mask, crafted by Ovid. Corinna, being a living collection of Ovid’s works, she feels a hollowness inside her, as much of her creator’s work was interrupted by his exile and left forever unfinished. She clings to being the Corinna depicted in Ovid’s ‘Amores’, and plays the role to exacting standards, fearing that the lack she feels in her heart would be revealed to the world.
    She takes pride in her ‘contents’, as she considers them, her emotions, wishes and wants, and considers the praise of Ovid’s work to be praise of her. However, Corinna can’t stand Ovid in his current state, seeing him as an insult to all his creator was. As such, she brushes him off coldly, simply making use of the abilities she has been granted while steadfastly ignoring the spirit that accompanies her.
    Due to the origins of her creation, Corinna is highly susceptible towards pretty men, presenting a weakness as the ranks of Heroic Spirits seem quite full of them. When faced with someone she might fancy, Corinna is prone to being distracted, and can even try to impress them with her abilities, though it is much more likely that she would try to seduce them.
    As for female Servants, Corinna, despite being inclined towards jealousy, regards them with something close to worship. The legends of Ancient Greek heroines played a part in her makeup, and as such she reveres them as archetypes for her conduct. Though she may sometimes forget the examples set by them, she is bound to try and live up to their legends in the end. Though only female Heroic Spirits of Greek ancestry played a part in her creation, she extends a modicum of the same respect towards those from other cultures as well.
    Though she rejects the name of ‘Servant’, Corinna still understands being bound by contract to a Master. She affords them a token of her esteem, though this is usually not reflected in her behavior. Corinna acts as she does in defense of her secret, justifying her belligerence by invoking her status as a manifested Noble Phantasm rather than a true Servant. Strangely, Ovid’s rhetorical genius tends to come to the fore when Corinna needs to argue, and her words are more than likely to convince those who hear her of whatever she says.
    Corinna’s fondest wish is simply to be completed. What is regarded as Ovid’s greatest work, Fasti, was left uncompleted with his exile, and as such the subject matter, the delights of the calendar year, and as such of life itself, were left lacking for Corinna. She fervently hopes that her completion will also undo Ovid’s madness, which she presumes stemmed from his masterpiece being left unfinished.

Relationships
    (Ovid/Corinna)

Virgil: “My beloved teacher, who inspired my works.”/”I suppose you might be a grandfather of sorts to me.”

Horace: “My friend and rival. Oh, how we loved to measure each other.”/”An uncle, perhaps?”

Augustus: “How easily love to hatred turns, oh beloved Augustus.”/”So you’re the reason."

Shakespeare: “Ah, a fellow poet! Hm? What a surprise, that you love me so!”/”A dandy!? Ehehe… I wonder, since you like his work so much, I wonder… Do you love me as well?”

Medea: “Ah, the longing in your eyes…! It is Jason you seek, yes?”/”I am honoured to meet you, princess of Colchis.”

Atalanta: “... It appears you found true love late in your life. Pity.”/”You have my respect. But despite that, I don’t think I’d want to fully live up to your example.”

Romulus: “It is as though my beloved Rome itself stands before me…”/”Though those that follow you might fall short, you truly are Rome.”

Gaius Julius Caesar: “I appear to have nothing to teach you. As expected of Caesar. If only your successor had been more worthy.”/”Who is this fatty? … No. No, I refuse to accept that this is Caesar.”

Creator's Notes
    I tried to keep the abilities to a reasonable level. Though the workings of the sheet demand it for the most part, three NP's might be too many.
    I feel like I can never quite get the skillset, the background and the personality to mesh somehow.

I originally intended for the Relationships section to be presented in Ovid’s own Elegiac couplets, but felt that that would be too much effort. My understanding of poetry is a bit lacking anyways, so I’d have a lot of work to do there.
    Last edited by Shiki-pon; April 9th, 2019 at 02:27 AM.

Blog Entries
    ...I'm guessing that Virgil and Horace Servants will be presented soon for the regular Create-A-Servant thread?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nah, Virgil's been done already. Horace might be up at some point.

Blog Entries
    Ah, right. Publius Vergilius Maro from the first Create-A-Servant thread.

Long time no see

Every two months I check if I have any idea for the theme and I guess I could work in this one.

I didn't had as much time to work on it like I had with my Fabre, but I guess I liked the outcome.

Saber Class Servant

FC

True Name: Venus Pendragon
    Title: King of Knights, Goddess of Love
    Class: Berserker
    Other Classes: Lancer, Rider, Caster
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Place of Origin: The sea foam of Mediterranean? Medieval Britain?

Lore

Venus Pendragon, the legendary daughter of the king Uther Pendragon, born from the sea foam right after his father was dethroned. The King of Knights, gathered a group of loyal men with her magnificent charm and elegance, being the goddess of beauty herself, and founded the Round Table… Does that make any sense?

Berserker
    Saber
    is Ulrich von Liechtenstein, a bard from 13th century Germany. A truly fan of courtly love and chivalry, he wrote an autobiography containing his… factual… heroics. His history follows his journey through Europe, disguised as two famous figures from legends of myths. First, he identifies himself as Lady Venus, the Roman Goddess of Love and Beauty, then, as King Arthur, the legendary King of Knights, one of the famed members of the Nine Worthies. As an author who wrote legends about himself, he was able to create an unique persona in the throne of heroes, now summoned as a Servant.

Ulrich normally cannot be summoned under the Saber class, and he was not, but his powers of self-suggestion under the Berserker class made possible that he acquired characteristics of the strongest class. In this class, his appearance is from his disguise as the Goddess of Love, Venus, while wielding what he calls a holy sword from the Matter of Britain. While he may look like a certain King of Knights, he does not possess the knowledge that she was actually a woman, and would be very surprised with this revelation, but very content with the resemblance.

Likes: Following orders from women; Epic tales about knights.
    Dislikes: The harsh reality.
    Relationships:
    - Artoria Pendragon: She takes Berserker’s impersonation as an offense and as a dishonorable act.
    - Nero: She would be honored that his impersonation of the Goddess of Beauty, Venus, has such a big resemblance to her. Nero would consider Berserker a fellow artist.
    - Charlemagne: He sees bits of him and his paladins in Berserker, but at same time, he is not sure that impersonating other legendary figures to get fame is “awesome”.
    - Mordred: “She’s… She’s not dad.”

Parameters and Skills

Parameters:
    STR - B
    END - C
    AGI - C
    MGI - E
    LCK - C

Class Skills:

Self-Suggestion (A+)
    It substitutes Mad Enhancement as a class skill that generates insanity upon Berserker, normally not a characteristic of this skill. “I am a legendary knight”, “I have a legendary sword”, “I am a Saber, the strongest of the Servants”, at this rank, these assumptions were made possible at the cost of the sanity of Berserker. Although summoned under the Berserker-class, Berserker possess also the class skills of a Saber-class, a similar process of the skill Double Summon, that under normal circumstances is impossible to be owned by a Saber-class servant.

Magic Resistance (D)
    Berserker is a Servant that had no contact with any form of magecraft during his life, and while his original rank would be (E), it received a rank-up due the influence of his heroic adventures in his own literature. At this rank, it cannot cancel any spell, however magic damage is reduced.

Riding (B)
    By having natural aptitude to be a Rider-class, Berserker possess a higher rank in this skill, being able to handle most animals and vehicles with above average skill.

Personal Skills:

Charisma (B-)
    At this rank, the skill of a king that rules a country, more than obvious for the legendary King of Knights, Arthur Pendragon. Since Berserker is not him, or a leader at all, this skill is false, bestowed upon him by his Noble Phantasm
    Frauendienst
    My Courtly Love
    . It can achieve similar effects of the real skill, but it is unstable.

Goddess Divine Core (E-)
    A skill for those who are a perfect goddess from birth, natural for someone like Venus, the Goddess of Beauty and Love, to possess it. Since Berserker is not her, or a goddess at all, this skill is false, bestowed upon him by his Noble Phantasm
    Frauendienst
    My Courtly Love
    . It can achieve similar effects of the real skill, but it is unstable.

Noble Phantasm

Frauendienst
    My Courtly Love

Type: Anti-Self

The title of Ulrich’s Magnum Opus. An autobiographical (self-proclaimed) collection of poetry that narrates his great deeds in servitude to his noblewomen. In his quests, he journeys through Europe, dueling in jousts tournaments, taking disguises of the Goddess Venus and the King Arthur. As a Noble Phantasm, it is what makes possible the use of the skills Charisma and Goddess Divine Core, as well the use of full power of his second Noble Phantasm,
    Hartscharte der Liebe
    Sword of Promised Love
    . Although, this skill can be nullified if someone discover the real identity of Berserker, locking away his trump cards. He is constant disadvantage against Servants that actually met the real Arthur Pendragon or the ones that had contact with the Greco-Roman Pantheon.

Hartscharte der Liebe
    Sword of Promised Love

The legendary, holy sword, given upon Venus Pendragon by a fairy inhabiting the sea foam… or, just a manifestation of Berserker’s reveries. Hartscharte is a sword made of dreams of a man who wanted to be a legendary knight. An imitation that tries to be as bright as the legendary Excalibur and blessed with the beauty divinity of the goddess of love. A sword that, if existed, could be a legendary artifact, a treasure.

Its original rank is D, at that point, it is just a strong sword, expected from a Saber-class servant. But, under the effects of his Self-Suggestion and
    Frauendienst
    My Courtly Love
    , Berserker can transform it into a B-rank Noble Phantasm.

By revealing his true name, Hartscharte will shine with a strong orange light that can be described as the “sunset in the ocean”, generating a shockwave against his target. This Noble Phantasm has a low cost to activation and a good damage output, making Berserker, that could be a joke, in a potential threat if not nullified.

Comments
    I was in doubt if I should genderbent him, but in the end I went to the cross-dressing path. Well, I guess that's it.

Blog Entries
    You know when I first made my entry for this contest I thought that maybe I could place in the top three this time. But with the glorious bed of lies that is 'Venus Pendragon' and the just completely solid and unique design of Ovid and Corinna I can tell that this is going to be a real high quality contest. Quick question about Corinna though are the parameters for her or for Ovid or do they share the parameters as well as the skills?

My Servant Compendium

Ever wonder what a Holy Grail War set in Texas would be like? Well wonder no longer because here is:
    Fate Texas Night
    Become Naunet the next leader of the Atlas Institute and fight your way to the top of a deadly war.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    @VenusPendragon

Gosh darnnit, this is why you don't be a slowpoke in a contest because somebody will get in and use your idea first. Welp, I guess I'll have to think of something else then.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Vril Saber
    Faceclaim
    Class: Saber
    True Name: Edward Bulwer-Lytton
    Alternate Class: Assassin, Caster
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Region: England
    Source: Historical Fact

Parameters
    Strength: C+
    Endurance: D
    Agility: D
    Mana: A
    Luck: D
    Noble Phantasm: A

Height: 1.77m
    Weight: 73kg
    Likes: Writing, sharing knowledge, a warm cup of tea from a beautiful woman
    Dislikes: Judgmental people, his ex-wife, corruption
    Armament: Vril
    Lore
    Lore
    Edward Bulwer-Lytton was a prominent 19th century writer and politician, famous at the time for his works such as Pelham, Paul Clifford, the Last Days of Pompeii, and The Coming Race, influencing many other, more famous writers with his revolutionary works. Despite how popular he was at the time, Lytton is not well-remembered in the modern day, known best now for the opening line of Paul Clifford, “it was a dark and stormy night,” ridiculed as a terrible opening line and used as the basis for an annual contest. Lytton also worked as a Secretary of State for the Colonies in the British government and was friends with Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli and author Charles Dickens.

Personality
    Personality
    Saber is a pretty mild mannered man with a passion for knowledge and creating. He speaks plainly most of the time, but gets caught up in his own passions at times and gets very dramatic. Finding out that his work was mostly forgotten and the phrase he is most remembered is ridiculed hurt him a lot, leading to lots of ranting, some drinking, and a bit of crying on his part. He had alway been proud of his works, the very focus of his life.

Saber is a wholly passionate man who cannot always contain himself and doesn’t always thinks things through, especially when it comes to women he fancies. It could be said that his mother was his only source of common sense and that their estrangement was more harmful to him than her. Still, his tenacity and creativity allow him to push through even the most difficult times in his life with gusto.

Saber is also a man of knowledge. Despite not being the best student, Saber loves to learn about things that he wants to learn about, leading to almost obsessively intricate studies of topics such as history and occultism. Any attempts to stifle the spreading of knowledge angers Saber almost as much as corruption did. If was for both of these reasons that he involved himself in politics, unable to contain his fervor for his own justice in the world, to make it better as he saw it.

Dialogue
    Dialogue
    “Good morning, Master, it is a pleasure to meet you, I am...oh. This is quite the ensemble have gained, is it not? The Throne of Heroes or whatever contraption is in charge of these things seems to be having its fun with me. First summoning me of all people as a Saber-class Servant and now this ghastly thing? I have half a mind to unsummon myself, but I shall refrain for your sake. Let me try my greeting again. Good morning, Master, I am Edward Bulwer-Lytton, your Saber servant, now serving at your beck and call. There we go, much better.”

"Finding myself involved in a war is a strange feeling. My father--a rough, ill-tempered beast of a man--was a general in the army. Despite my estrangment with him, what a theme that would become in my life, I always wished to feel connected to him, to try and understand him even after he passed away, so I tried to join the military. I never did. I had the commission, but I sold it and went back to my books. It was not that the concept of fighting or dying scared me. I simply felt no desire to fight in that way with guns and bullets and cannons and blood. Words were my weapon, as I am sure you are well aware. I could fight in wars all the same as my father without shedding any blood. Yet here I am now, serving in a war, fighting with a sword no less. It is almost cruel, but also enlightening. Fighting with my own hands to protect something....I believe I understand my father much better now. Thank you for this, Master."

“Ah, Madame Blavatsky. So it was a disguise the entire time? Fascinating. I would be delighted to learn more about her crafts now that I am able to participate in them properly, but there is an awkward feeling residing in my stomach whenever I see her. Her belief in me is simply too much to handle. I feel like a fraud, a charlatan, a...a...poser! Yes, that’s the word for it now. A poser. Will she not discover my sham upon contact? Oh, it is a frightful feeling indeed.” (If you have summoned Helena Blavatsky)

“Such a deep voice and strange appearance, yet, I cannot imagine Hans Christian Andersen as anything else but you. What a strange phenomenon.” (If you have summoned Hans Christian Andersen)

“A phoenix? Well, you are certainly a foul creature. I have been informed of your actions, oh Emperor. I would suggest you keep distance between us and refrain from speaking near me as your voice alone fills me with rage. Destroying knowledge so callously. Hmph! Dressage like that fits you; a peacock unknowing of the beauty and grace of flight. If you were unable to deduce it with your feeble mind, flight is meant as a metaphor for knowledge.” (If you have summoned Qin Shi Huang)

“You remind me of my mother. Yes, you even sigh like her. How curious.” (If you have summoned EMIYA (Archer))

Skills
    Class Skills
    Magic Resistance: D+
    Though he had little contact with magic during his lifetime, Saber’s knowledge of magic and other supernatural occurrence lends him some ability towards defending against it. His nature as a Saber Servant provides a much needed boost as well to his resistance. At this level, Single-Action spells are completely resisted while those around two-verses in length are reduced by half in strength. Surprisingly, this skill remains in Saber’s Caster form and grows in strength.

Riding: -
    A skill replaced by Saber’s Dark and Stormy Knight.

Personal Skills
    Practitioner of the Occult (False): C-
    The knowledge of the hidden and arcane, opposing the knowledge of measurements and facts known as science. Founded in astrology and alchemy, the occult contains a wide amount of supernatural and ‘unexplainable’ phenomenon and fields. Though not all who followed the ways of the occult were magus, some amongst them did dwell in the world of magecraft, taking strange, unorthodox paths in search of the ultimate goal, the Root, often looked down upon or outright hated by their more elegant counterparts such as those at the Clock Tower.

Saber is remembered as a mystic and a non-insignificant figure amongst certain occult groups, his work revered for its insights into the hidden world; however, Saber never once practiced in the occult. His knowledge while vast was acquired more so as a hobby and a dedication to his books. He wanted to present a well-researched story to the world, one that no holes could be poked in by those in the know. Imagine his surprise when experts and visionaries amongst the occult such as Helena Blavatsky praise his work. Due to his unwarranted reputation and actual knowledge, he has manifested this skill, allowing him access to occult magics he would have been unable to perform in life; clairvoyance, astral projection, alchemy, elemental manipulation. Unfortunately, these abilities are more limited in his Saber-class but do qualify him for as a Caster Servant.

Dark and Stormy Knight: A
    An infamous introduction that haunts Saber to this day as his only claim to fame in the modern day, ridiculed out of context for being cliche and uninteresting, despite the overall popularity of the work it originates from. Still, its infamy has granted the phrase power that aids Saber in his new existence, even more so as it is twisted for an equally trite bit of wordplay. Saber is not an existence strong enough to be summoned as a Heroic Spirit normally. He stands at the precipes, but needed extra additions to make him sufficient. So he has been joined with the Phantom of the Black Knight, a conglomeration of the knights known by this title at the time, the most prominent being Zawisza Czarny.

In Saber’s normal existence, knights were artifacts of the past and fighting in that manner was something he knew little about, but when given the knowledge, skill, and power of these dark knights, Saber is able to compete with hardened warriors from times centuries before he was born. Swordsmanship, archery, riding, jousting, all the needed skills of a knight are at his disposal. This skill is most prominent in the Saber-class and grants him the biggest boost to his capabilities.

Dweller on the Threshold: C-
    Another phrase coined by Saber during his time. The ‘dweller on the threshold’ was meant to be a concept in a story and nothing more, but once again, this concept was taken and expanded to be much more by others. Occultists saw the dweller as a figure who represented the obstacles that impeded aspirants from reaching their goals, the evils in their hearts, the despair they feel, the passions they cannot control, the fear they cannot hide. As the originator of the phrase, these all lead back to Saber.

This is the skill that features most prominently in Saber when he is in the Assassin-class. As a Saber, he is able to sense the fears in the hearts of men and women, allowing him to see their weaknesses, their worries, their doubts and use them to his advantage. It is also the skill that gives him such an unnerving appearance, meant to discomfort his opponents. As an Assassin, he would be able to completely seize the fear in a person and turn it into a creature that represents it, using it as an enemy against them.

Noble Phantasm
    Noble Phantasm
    Elixir of Life and Death
    Vril
    Type: Anti-Fortress, Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 0-1000
    An energy Saber thought he had made up utilized by a race he thought did not exist, but yet here he wields the tool of the Vril-ya coursing through his body as a part of him. Where did it come from? Where the Vril-ya real? Did he actually meet them? Saber is unsure and disturbed by this development, intending to look into it deeper when the time comes; however, for now he will stay his curiosity and allow the horse in without inspection.

Vril is a plasmalike energy that can be mistaken for lightning when wielded at full-power. Despite its seemingly fluid nature, Vril can be forced into a solid form to be held. Saber often prefers to shape it into a pen, but is forced to use it as a sword during combat. When in that form, it appears as a broadsword wielded with one or both hands interchangeable, forged from pure energy that makes a somewhat familiar sound when swung through the air. It cuts through armors mundane and magical with ease. When its True Name is called, the power of Vril is unleashed, exploding with the force of a megaton bomb while still in Saber’s hands, unable to fully control it, destroying his body in the process. It is then that the second nature of Vril is revealed.

Vril is not simply a tool for destruction, but one that can bring life. The Vril flowing through Saber’s body grants him astonishing healing abilities, healing him from the very brink of death, reshaping his body to be as if it were never damaged. This is what keeps his shambling body running. However, Vril is not infinite as no energy is. The more damage Saber takes, the more Vril that is used to heal him, the less that remains to heal him again or be used to destroy, the weaker he becomes. Eventually, he will run out and be unable to defend himself or save himself from harm.

CN

Creator's Note:
    This is one of the earliest Servant ideas I had finally come to life. I rushed through most of the night to get this one done since I'm 75% sure that someone else had thought of it. Origially, he was going to be a Foreigner due to a slight Lovecraft connection with the Dweller, but I couldn't find enough for that and aren't sure enough about the Foreigner class to do it confidenly. So he's my Saber entry for this month. I need to sleep.
    Last edited by Wizard; April 9th, 2019 at 12:41 AM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bulwer-Lytton: I presume the reason he's a Saber is because of the "pen is mightier than the sword" quote attributed to him. Even though I knew about that one, I never knew he coined so many other famous English phrases. Sounds like the guy really deserves to be more well-known than he is. As for the sheet itself, it's very well done. The occultic elements are brilliantly interwoven, and I find it hilarious how his NP is basically a Vril-powered lightsaber.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ’The Rich and the Poor Girl’, by Kim Larsen
    No, for wealth is only a loan from God
    Nej, for rigdom er kun et lån fra gud

But poverty He has given a purpose
    Men fattigdom det har han beskikket

For he who is rich is almost never happy
    For den, som er rig, er næsten aldrig glad

The poor one has learned to get by.
    Den fattige har lært at nøjes
    Class: Caster
    True Name: Henrik Pontoppidan
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Place of Origin: Denmark (1857-1943)

STR: E AGI: E

END: D MGI: A

LCK: A NP: B

Height: 183cm
    Weight: 79kg
    Likes: Georg Brandes, victory by technicality, walking in nature.
    Dislikes: Georg Brandes, organized religion, the prostitution of art.
    Talent: Fitting in without being part of a whole.
    Natural Enemy: Georg Brandes
    Catalysts: His Baedeker travel guide, incomplete exam papers.

Class Skills:

Item Creation: E
    The Skill to manufacture magical items, from implements of war to items for daily use. Though he is no expert, Caster, being the son of a long line of vicars, can create minor wards against evil that provides protection to a small area around it.

Territory Creation: A
    The Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus. Rather than creating a Workshop, Caster can produce a ‘
    De Dødes Rige
    Realm of the Dead
    ’, an area designated by a Bounded Field where all those that enter slowly have their humanity degenerated in relation to how misfortunate, unprivileged and miserable their lives are, or in the case of Servants, were. Those who make up the most downtrodden dregs of society, as well as those who overstay their welcome in this Realm of the Dead will suffer random mutations and diseases, a loss of empathy and other emotions that are key to one’s humanity, and a myriad of other conditions reserved for vermin and insects.
    While it commands tremendous power, Caster personally dislikes this ability and prefers not having to use it.

Personal Skills:

Austerity: C
    A serene state of mind that dampens the effects of Mental Interference. Similarly to the principle of Zen, Caster threw aside the pursuit of happiness and in its stead flew the banner of contentment. In addition to nullifying most forms of Mental Interference, Caster can drastically reduce the effect of certain physical conditions and pain by simply accepting them as part of his existence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Per, 1898-1904 by Henrik Pontoppidan
    In spite of all the good fortune that had come his way, he wasn’t happy, but it was because he had not wanted to be happy in the general sense of the word."
    Devil of Contradiction
    Modsigelsesdjævlen
    : A

A disposition to never give up, whether the matter at hand is politics or great physical distress, a stubborn nature that maintains its unbending foolhardiness for good or bad. When confronted with despair, it manifests as an equivalent rank ofUnyielding Will. When confronted with bodily harm or imminent death, it manifests instead asBattle Continuation. In his memoirs, Caster details maintaining his sanity during an awful snowstorm in his climb of Mount Faulhorn by counting pages in his travel guide and rewarding himself with a piece of chocolate every time he counted them correctly three times in a row, staying up for days this way knowing he would not survive falling asleep. Despite having a tortured mind from his upbringing further tormented by the changes in society he helped bring about, as well his worn-out body bereft of strength, Caster lived ‘till the age of 86, stubbornly refusing to die even when surrounded by what he saw as a miserable misrepresentation of the ideals he and others had fought for for their entire lives.

Suggestion (Writing): A+
    A powerful form of Suggestion only applicable through writing, whereupon it acts as a powerful mind-altering effect when read by the person it is addressed to. By addressing a letter to someone with the intent of influencing them or basing a book on a real person, the text itself becomes endowed with the power to change that person’s heart and mind when they read it. Caster’s desired change in that person will then be communicated to them and nothing but their own willpower can then resist it. This does not apply to simply the paper it is written upon, but all written instances of Caster’s words, even if displayed digitally or through fliers. Caster’s writings mended the bittered heart of Georg Brandes in a letter to the man in celebration of his 70th birthday, and exposed the twisted feelings of the artist L.A. Ring towards Ring’s best friend’s wife to the public, shattering their friendship and Ring’s reputation. Drawing upon his own contradictory nature that allowed him to get in the graces of all sorts of people while always maintaining his position as an outsider, Caster is said to be able to worm his way into the heart of anyone and change it, for better or worse, including his own...

Human Observation: C
    A technique to understand other humans through observation and how to discover what makes each one tick. Always an outsider that peered into the worlds of both the rich and poor, the atheists and pious, the revolutionary thinkers and conservatives, Caster developed over the course of his long life the ability to hypothesize on the preferences, beliefs and convictions of others with great accuracy. It is an instrumental ability that brought him peace of mind when he was confronted with those he disagreed with, and filled him with inspiration when he gave critique and suggestions to aspiring writers in his older years, where many sought the wisdom of the aged Nobel Prize winner.

Noble Phantasm:

Over the Bridge, Away from Humanity
    Pontem Oppōnō Humanis: B

Anti-Unit

The conclusion that Caster reached in his writings on the matter of the absoluteness of human inequality, weaponized as a tool against those who, knowingly or not, stand above the common man. This is a Curse that can only be activated against Servants who have, even briefly, stepped into Caster’s
    De Dødes Rige
    Realm of the Dead
    , whereupon it can no longer be avoided so long as Caster activates it. From this point on, the target will begin to forcibly adopt the mindset Caster ascribed to the elites of society, seeing nothing wrong with themselves and inflating their ego by regarding all those not as well-off or powerful as themselves to be beneath them, as if they were not even part of the same species. The more exposure they have to these perceived ‘vermin’, the quicker this mindset will accelerate, and it commands absolute power against those who were champions of righteousness in life, who could never have thought of a reason to disapprove of humanity.

The pendulum swings both ways, for Heroic Spirits are by definition great humans who lend their aid and protection to humanity, and by distancing themselves from the insects they now see humanity as, their power will begin to fade. Just as they are unwilling to receive worship and power from the belief of ‘vermin’, the common man will never lend strength to a Heroic Spirit that hates humanity. While the exact length of time before belief in the cursed has completely vanished, and the cursed along with it, varies from person to person, those who once stood as champions of mankind cannot endure for long, while those who keep a healthy neutrality towards humanity as a whole may last upwards of a week before their spiritual body falls apart. It goes without question that Pontem Oppōnō Humanis has no effect on those who already despise humanity.

Lore
    Henrik Pontoppidan, born the 24th of July 1857 to a long line of vicars in Randers, was a Danish engineer turned author-poet who set a modern standard for literature in Denmark even as it’s literary renaissance, the Modern Breakthrough, was underway. Having felt a need for revolution in his childhood from the abuse of his deeply religious father, he moved to Copenhagen to study as an engineer at the Polytechnical Learning Institute, now the Technical University of Denmark. Here he showed great promise and hoped to join the 1876 Greenland Expedition after his graduation bring great fame to himself, but another student was chosen over Pontoppidan, who promptly quit the Institute only weeks ahead of his final exam in protest. The student chosen over him would go on to die during the expedition, while Pontoppidan enjoyed great success as a writer and playwright after taking up a job as a teacher. Not being chosen for the expedition Pontoppidan had hoped would make him famous, ironically, did exactly that.

From there, he would go on to lead a tumultuous life, both in love and professionally, writing masterpiece after masterpiece while observing with a skeptic eye the cult of personality that swelled around Georg Brandes, the father of the Modern Breakthrough. While the two of them enjoyed a lifelong friendship, it was clear to Pontoppidan that despite Brandes’ love for Pontoppidan’s works, there were many things they did not agree on, for Brandes only saw the development and potential of mankind and not mankind’s sciences, society or reality. For this, Pontoppidan has been called both Brandes’ most congenial pupil and the absolute opposite of Brandes’ ideals, his ultimate antagonist.

Pontoppidan would also dabble in journalism, jumping from newspaper to newspaper under different false names with the help of Georg’s younger brother Ernst, who would end up committing suicide by poison after taking the fall for Pontoppidan’s works “Messias” and “The Old Adam”, which were accused of blasphemy. After this, Pontoppidan began to slowly withdraw from the public life, with the Modern Breakthrough movement collapsing after the First World War due to Brandes’ pro-German leanings and other styles of literature such as the Popular Breakthrough overtaking the Danish intelligentsia. The aged author, Nobel Prize in hand, retreated to the countryside and lived out the rest of his days writing while freely giving suggestions to aspiring authors who sent him manuscript after manuscript to give his critique. He died the 21st of August 1943 of natural causes, and was buried in his family’s grave site by Saint Morten’s Church.

Personality
    A grumpy old man one second and a kindly elderly storyteller the next, it would not be off the mark to accuse Pontoppidan of being a schizophrenic, but that is not the case. To Pontoppidan, holding two opinions that should be direct opposites on any given topic has been second nature to him since his childhood. A liberal socialist for the time, yet a staunch patriot and individualist, an anti-clerical puritan, and a fighter by nature long disillusioned. Forsaking religion in his youth only to learn its value in his later years and advocating for free expression only to be horrified with the prostitution of art for political purposes through both World Wars, his life was a constant battle of setbacks and great successes. Unlike Brandes who as a Heroic Spirit has not changed one bit from his persuasive and critical mindset in life, Pontoppidan could be said to have finally reached peace of mind after a long lifetime of feeling torn between a great many sides, none of which he wanted to fully take. He is, after all, a stubborn old goat who will at the end of the day never divert from that which he finds true to himself.

Though he will be somewhat apologetic about his uselessness as a Servant, he is if nothing else a man who knows how to best play his cards, even when those plays rely on luck, and will no doubt prove an amicable mild-mannered Servant who may yet reveal another side to himself if put against a wall.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Hey everyone, long-time lurker, first time poster. I've been following the Create-A-Servant thread for a while now and I had an idea for this contest, so I decided to write up a sheet for it. Please let me know if there's any mistakes or errors in it - any critique is appreciated.

Archer of Strategies

Class: Archer
    True Name: Sun Tzu
    Alternate Class(es): Caster, Saber, Lancer, Rider, Assassin

Alignment: Neutral Good
    Region: China
    Source: Historical Fact

Parameters

Strength: C
    Agility: C
    Mana: B
    Luck: A
    Noble Phantasm: A

Height: 185 cm
    Weight: 75 kg
    Dislikes: Lazy people, warmongers, loud noises
    Attribute: Star
    Armament: Bow, sword

Lore
    Lore:
    Sun Tzu, born Sun Wu, was a Chinese general, military strategist, writer and philosopher. He is known as one of the greatest strategic minds in the world, and his work The Art of War is known the world over. Rather than being known for a specific victory or battle, Sun Tzu is known more for his writing than his actual battle prowess. As a result, he would normally only be summoned as a Caster, however his knowledge of all forms of battle has allowed him access to most classes. Archer is his preferred choice, as a general is someone who watches over the course of a battle.

Personality
    Personality:
    Something of a contradictory man – a man of war who desires peace, a stoic man who watches over his troops like a father. He’s the type who will stare off into the distance as he ponders various things. Talking to him may be like talking to a stone but, if need arises, he is sure to point out any flaws in a plan. He is confident in his abilities as a tactician and feels assured of his ability to combat any situation. A quiet man, unless needed…He gives off the air of a distant father-figure.

Unusual for a man famous for war, Archer desires peace above all else. War is something to be hated and repulsed, not celebrated. Archer’s tactics are designed to seek a peaceful outcome wherever possible, or to end battle as quickly as possible. A prolonged battle only brings suffering; thus inefficiency is a flaw that must be corrected. To live in a world without war, Archer’s dream is a bittersweet notion – the only thing he is good at is to fight, after all.
    Archer also enjoys reading and is always interested in expanding his knowledge.

Lines and Relationships
    Lines and Relationships:
    Summoning: “Servant Archer, true name Sun Tzu. I will lead you to victory Master, so please rely on me…That is all.”

Ascension 1: “It seems I still have things to learn, huh? How inefficient of me…”

Ascension 2: “It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle. You have my thanks for helping me learn more about myself.”

Ascension 3: “I’ve never fought in a great battle. There is no anecdote of my own that will show why you should believe in me. All I have is my Art. This is the only proof of my existence – the reason I am acknowledged by the world. I hope, Master, that you can trust in my advice. It is all I have to offer, after all.”

Ascension 4: “Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley – that is something I wrote in the past… I put value into the bonds between human beings as a means of strategy. Men who love you are much better soldiers than those who hate you. I never truly cared, only gave the illusion of care… is that wrong of me? Looking at you, Master, I can see that you truly care about all those under your command and I wonder if I was wrong. Thank you, for the faith you’ve put into me. I will repay it in the only way I can.”

Wish for the Holy Grail: “A world where people like me don’t need to exist… I think that would be best.”

Hijikata Toshizou: “That man…Though I try to advise him on how he should approach battle, it seems he never listens. Is it the Madness Enhancement of a Berserker? Or is he simply like this normally?”
    Zhuge Liang: “A fellow tactician. We have much in common, and it is always interesting to hear the beliefs of another. I have no love for his habits, however. Smoking is inefficient.”
    Oda Nobunaga: “This one…What a deplorable fellow. While I understand the effects her persona has from a tactical perspective, I cannot agree with this warmonger. ‘Demon King of the Sixth Heaven’, is it? Truly she is the enemy of the peace that I seek…”
    Takeda Shingen: “Hmm? A fellow strategist? And one who fought that nasty woman? Well met, sir. What’s that? An autograph? I see… I suppose I can indulge a colleague.”
    Queen Medb: “This woman… I have the urge to get her to straighten out.”
    Child Servants: “…” (quietly indulges them).

Class Skills
    Class Skills
    Independent Action: B
    The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the Magical Energy supply from one's Master; the ability that allows for action even in the absence of the Master. The rank earned through standing strong as a general, necessary for reconnaissance and intelligence gathering, which Archer is fond of.
    Magic Resistance: C
    Grants protection from magical effects, with greater ranks allowing for greater protection. Archer would normally have a low rank in this skill, as he never encountered magecraft in life, however his advocation against reliance on the supernatural has given him some degree of resistance in this regard.

Personal Skills
    Personal Skills
    Master Strategist: EX
    A skill recognising Archer as one of the greatest strategists in history. Since its creation, Archer’s The Art of War has been cited as required reading for all military tacticians. Archer’s teachings have become the basis of all modern military training.
    There is no strategy that can face Archer. There is no tactic that he will not see through and devise a counter. No matter the situation, Archer will be able to concoct a plan to advance. Challenges that are considered “impossible” can be overcome through sheer force of mind – as long as there is a way, Archer will find it.

Training of the Concubines: B
    Prior to his appointment as general, Archer was given a challenge by the King of Wu. In order to prove his skill, he was instructed to train the king’s harem of 360 concubines into being soldiers. Though at first, they simply giggled at his commands, Archer was eventually able to shape them into true soldiers, thus gaining favour with the king.
    Given sufficient time, Archer will be able to shape anyone into becoming a perfect soldier. He is able to mould someone to the absolute peak of human ability when it comes to battle, though he is unable to have them approach the skill of a Servant.

Charisma: C+
    A composite skill, consisting of a person’s charm as well as their natural talent to command or unify a country or army. Increases the ability of allies during group battles.
    As the chief general of Wu and one of history’s most famous generals, Archer has a natural ability to lead an army. A bonus is granted in charming if the target is aware of Archer’s identity and is familiar with his work. His reputation is like that, you know.

Noble Phantasms

Noble Phantasms

Master Sun’s Military Methods: The Art of War: A
    Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: N/A
    The most widely known work of military tactics, the great work of the legendary strategist Sun Tzu. Over its thirteen chapters, Sun Tzu details tactics regarding all facets of warfare, including the importance of positioning, terrain, the use of spies and deception, and much more. It is no exaggeration to call it the basis for all modern warfare, and releases with commentary by numerous famous strategists.
    This Noble Phantasm takes the form of a bamboo book, an original copy of Archer’s work. As The Art of War is theorized to have been a compilation of various generations of strategies, this ‘definitive version’ also contains any strategies that have been added to it by other strategists throughout history in various re-releases and commentaries. While it is on his person, Archer is gifted near omniscience in all matters related to battle. Any action his opponent takes can be assessed in an instant and a counter can be thought of in less than a second. It is reactionary ability comparable to Instinct. However, rather than the instinctive action of a trained warrior, it is learned action of a master of knowledge – Archer personally is not a skilled warrior, but his knowledge of battle is so much that he can assess a warrior’s moves in an instant.
    Should Archer to lose the Art of War, either through theft or through its destruction, this ability is sealed. While he maintains the use of his Master Strategist skill, much of his true effectiveness is lost. Though it is his tactics detailed in it, The Art of War is the legend that gives acknowledgment to Sun Tzu, not the reverse and the added information to it from future generations is not his to possess. The book is the more influential figure, rather than the author.
    In order to regain its effects, Archer will need to write a new copy of The Art of War, using any materials available. There is no restriction as to the format the copy is written on, so long as Archer can have it on his person. A simple pen and paper would work, as would carving it into a stone tablet. It is only necessary for Archer to recreate his own writings and not any additions, and he will gain the knowledge from the additions regardless.

All Warfare Is Based on Deception: Deceitful Volley: D
    Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 2~50
    Maximum Number of Targets: 100 people
    All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.
    One of the most key principles of Archer’s tactics is the necessity of deception in battle. This Noble Phantasm is a crystallisation of that belief, shaped through the Archer class container. Upon calling its true name, Archer will launch countless arrows in quick sequence. These arrows appear to be normal in effect and ability and possess no special properties of themselves. The true nature of this effect is a simple illusion, the visible light of each arrow is staggered from its actual position. As a result, each arrow will be in a different location than what it would suggest, making this attack extremely difficult to evade. Rather than a powerful technique, it is little more than a trick – a simple act of deception to get a cheap hit. If the enemy were to understand the trick, it would greatly lower in effectiveness.

Creator's Notes
    I hope you enjoyed my first sheet. I tried make him a somewhat strong Servant since he's a fairly well known figure. Much of his strengths are the result of a fame bonus, considering there isn't any details about his combat ability. There aren't a lot of details about him in general and he's kind of historically disputed, but I wanted to write as though he were an actual historic figure. Thanks for reading.

夜属 Nightkin GilgameshKingOfMemes's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    ADVENT BEAST
    "No longer can Humanity remain content in ignorance. Your salvation lies in the unity of all. No longer will you be lead astray by your faulty perceptions."

Source:
    https://www.deviantart.com/sigu/art/...rlds-100721572

Servant: Beast V/L, Sin of Conformity
    True Name: Hermes Trismegistus?
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Strength: E
    Agility: A
    Mana: EX
    Luck: A
    NP: EX

Lore:
    Hermes Trismegistus is the purported author of the Hermetic Corpus, a series of sacred texts that are the basis of Hermeticism. Most famously however, he is known for the creation of the Emerald Tablet. He was a man of a thousand lives, the faceless prophet, the greatest philosopher, the greatest priest and the greatest king. One man possessing the great power to shape the world as one pleased, a mastery of the wisdom of the whole universe: alchemy, astrology, and theurgy. As an immortal mystery who ruled over the angels above and lorded over the men of the earth, Hermes was an enigma, a name from which too many legends originate. The truth of Hermes Trismegistus is that he was not one man but many. A figure which took up various roles across time and space in the pursuit of knowledge. What is the origin of this phenomenon? The truth is much more sinister than it appears…..

Class Skills:

Authority of Beasts (A)
    An Anti-Human Skill that enhances the skillholder's capacity to harm existences that are classified as Humans. In the case of Beast V/L, it is born from a synergy of a mutual love. Amongst all the creatures of Earth, humanity gained an ability to reason unparalleled by the rest. Yet, in spite of their endless hunger for knowledge they could not escape the entrapping’s of ignorance. To oppose Beast V/L is to tarnish one's nature as a creature who pursues wisdom. By gaining control of the flow of information, those who intend to hinder Beast V/L’s progress are doomed to become lost in their own ignorance of truth. Making use of its natural qualities, information is transformed from one idea to another and new information is created to flood the minds of the opposition. By manipulating one's flawed perspective of the world, the nature of reality is for Beast V/L to decide, the person none the wiser. Only those who lacked reason to begin with or possess clairvoyance that can see past it all are capable of escaping this mental attack.

Independent Manifestation (A)
    A special Skill that permits unsupported manifestation into reality, without necessity of energy cost or of summoning by a Master; effectively, the Skill serves as an enhanced version of Independent Action. Being that the skillholder is signified as a confirmed existence, the bearer gains a resistance towards instant-death effect attacks and attacks affected by time manipulation. In the pursuit of knowledge and the desire to spread it, Beast V/L originally created an identity known as Hermes Trismegistus, a legend which could materialize across time and space in many forms under the guise of an immortal alchemist. After Beast V/L’s rise into becoming an Evil of Humanity, it has transmuted itself into an idea, becoming one with its own philosophy. By transforming itself into something completely conceptual it is capable of appearing so long the idea permeates the world.

Self Modification (EX)
    The aptitude to remold one’s own body or merge one's own flesh with body parts of others. The higher the ranking in this Skill, the further away one is from being a proper hero. As the epitome of alchemy, the alteration of anything, including one’s own saint graph, is something that should be considered Childs play. The creation or transformation of that which is solid or formless is possible by manipulating the fundamental laws of alchemy.

Personal Skills

Nega-Ignorance (A+)
    A philosophy that insists humanity cannot happily stay in ignorance forever. That the mysteries of this world are nothing but an illusion created from the weakness of humanities’ limited perspective. It is a skill made to reject that which originates from “the wild fantasies of man.” Abilities that do not originate from the proper History of Man are severely weakened in Beast V/L’s presence and any dream deemed more fit for fantasy than reality is completely negated. Despite being a passive ability, what falls under the umbrella of “fantasy” and becomes affected by this skill is mostly dependent on Beast V/L’s world view. This may allow for certain abilities which blend themselves with the natural laws of the human world such as the power to manipulate the weather to slip under the radar and would need to be actively countered.

Prisca Theologica (EX)
    It is a single thread which ties all religions together. It is Beast V/L’s true theology which brings the worlds scattered and lost perspectives together into one united form. It is a form of transmutation which controls the flow of syncretism. Mysteries which find themselves “bound to the beliefs of mankind” are subsequently manipulated by Beast V/L’s pulling of the thread. Those pulled by the thread will find themselves slowly folded back into a form before their essence became diluted throughout the cultures of man. While this may serve as increase in power for some, they are all eventually pulled into Beast V/L’s true theology, a position different than their origin. This final destination can be considered a total conversion of ideology, an adaptation to Beast V/L’s one belief system, one world view. This ability, however, is completely capable of traveling the other direction. It further spreads the influence of a particular mystery, causing it change through the various whims of Earth's cultures. Do to it going against its ideology, Beast V/L does not use this skill in that way.

Prima Materia (EX)
    Compared to concepts such as chaos or aether, it is a primeval formless base that makes up everything. The application and manipulation of this concept by conceptually folding all things into this idea serves as the origin of Beast V/L’s incredible transmutation. As the “basis for all things”, by converting something back into this formless matter, Beast V/L is able to reconstruct it to become whatever it envisions. Despite being a fundamental aspect of Beast V/L’s understanding of the natural world, it is not a fundamental law of reality but a concept which originates directly from Beast V/L and absorbs reality into it.

Hermes Trismegistus (EX)
    The ultimate alchemist, a construct born from Beast V/L’s desire to teach humanity and learn new things in turn. It is Beast V/L’s legion, an ideal prototype of humanity and origin of what shall be Beast V/L’s Anima mundi. It is to be a single soul which contains all other souls, the ultimate result of Beast V/L’s quest for conformity. Making use of powerful transmutation, this skill is an attack which allows for the overwriting of one’s identity into that of Hermes Trismegistus. By continuously absorbing humanity into this single soul, Beast V/L’s army and power set is capable of continuous growth yet its worldview shall never expand. In order to be affected by this skill, one must be physically absorbed into this massive soul, which is usually done by the materialization of Beast V/L’s legion.

Noble Phantasm

Tabula Smaragdina
    The Emerald Tablet

Type: Anti-Humanity

The world saw The Emerald Tablet as but a tool of Hermes Trismegistus but in reality, Hermes Trismegistus was just a tool of The Emerald Tablet. A strange case in which the author was truly written by his work. The tablet perused man, for just like itself they were creatures of reason with an endless hunger for knowledge. But through the eyes of Hermes, it saw a creature which had become lost in ignorance. It decided a world of infinite perspectives could never see the truth and man’s differences only created suffering. Because of this, the most powerful ability of Beast V/L turns out to simply be an idea. It follows the philosophy that if the Earth shall obey the laws of its most prosperous species, then the world can follow one’s own world view by altering the minds of the species in question. This noble phantasm introduces the idea of Beast V/L’s philosophy into the human population and causes it spread like a virus, transmuting people’s minds as it goes. By fundamentally altering the nature of Earth's most prominent species, it forces the world to conform to the laws most desired by Beast V/L. It is Beast V/L’s ultimate transmutation and complete realization of desired conformity.

Sin:
    Beast V/L’s sin is that of Conformity, a smaller subset of the larger sin Selfishness. Beast V/L loves humanity for being like him, that’s why the differences which push him away have become humanity's greatest folly. For if they are truly one and the same then the ignorance that plagues humanities quest for knowledge is a fundamental defiance of their nature. The desire for knowledge and the quest for truth is the fundamental relationship that connects Beast V/L to humanity, and to fulfill this connection Beast V/L created the identity of the man Hermes Trismegistus. Beast V/L would then come to the conclusion that the differences in perspective, in world view and philosophy, in ideology and personality, all served to trap humanity. Their differences brought violence, suffering and ignorance, and most importantly, they pushed them away from the path Beast V/L thought they should follow. If humanity could not see the world as he did, then an objective reality could never be decided upon. Making use of its transmutation, Beast V/L saw humanities salvation in conformity. However, Beast V/L’s philosophy is one of hypocrisy. The variation of perspective is something Beast V/L is not exempt from, for it is also subject to the subjectivity of its own world view and its differences compared to everyone else. In its arrogance and greed, Beast V/L has declared itself the standard of what humanity should strive to be not knowing it is truly no different, for it too is just as different an individual as everyone else.

Relationships

Beast II: Due to her loss of reason, Beast V/L and Beast II are fundamentally incompatible. The nature of this inherent incompatibility makes Beast II a strong counter against the actions of Beast V/L.

Beast III/L: So long as selfish desires remain the core of Beast V/L’s character, Beast III/L shall always hold power over him. However, seeing someone who exists as a universe within themselves, the conformity of this person would be something Beast V/L craves above all else. It would be best if these two figures never meet.

Beast III/R: They are both Beasts which creatures of reason cannot oppose. Both perusing a particular unity of those who possess intelligence, the Beasts share a lot in common, seeking to distill mankind into a single essence inside oneself. But as long as the end result of their quests remains different, the two must remain opposed

Beast I: In many ways, Beast V/L could find himself relating to the nature of Beast I. Yet it is their differences that tear them apart and lead to conflict. The incineration of humanity exists in opposition of Beast V/L’s goals and the fate of humanity can only belong to one. So long as he wishes for the destruction of humanity they shall remain incompatible.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This was an odd idea I had the ended up sort of working for the contest so I decided to submit it. Originally he wasn't a Beast but then I got to the idea to make him one after finishing the first sheet and decided this idea was better. I might later upload the first sheet but I won't submit it to the contest.
    Last edited by GilgameshKingOfMemes; April 20th, 2019 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Forgot image source and spelling errors

Blog Entries
    My first contribution to this thread. Luckly, I already had a half-finished profile that fitted the bill for this month's contest.

Class: Caster
    True Name: Galileo Galilei
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Attribute: Star

faceclaim

STR: **** E
    END: *** D
    AGI: ***** D
    MGI: **** E
    LCK: ***** A++
    NP: ***** B

Keywords
    KEYWORDS

Heliocentrism

An astronomical model that places the Sun in the center of the Solar System, with all other celestial bodies revolving around it. It stands in opposition to the geocentric theory that places Earth at the center of the universe. Despite being treated as a self-evident truth in modern times, it only came to be accepted after a certain event in the 16th century. As a matter of fact, there was even a time when it was deemed a heresy.

Sidereus Nuncius

Message from the stars”. An astronomical treatise published in the early 17th century by a certain scholar. Generally regarded as the first work of observational astronomy ever produced, this is a controversial publication that was received with both wide praises and wide rejections by the people of its time. Some of the observations recorded in its pages were revolutionary findings that overturned many of the assumptions held by humanity at the time about the workings of the universe.

CLASS SKILLS

Territory Creation: B
    The technical skill to build up an advantageous encampment to oneself as a magus (scientist). Thanks to this skill that allows to create in the shortest time a workshop that displays the very best effectiveness on any kind of terrain condition, Caster boasts the greatest advantage in regards to defensive fights among all Servants. At B Rank, it is possible to mold a workshop (science lab).

Item Construction: -
    The technical skill to produce devices that carry magical power. It has been lost in exchange for the “Conceptual Improvement” skill.

To begin with, Galileo would never possess this since he is not a magus. As a bona fide scientist, he can only manufacture genuine “products of science” – no matter what sort of wondrous performance his inventions might display in the end.

PERSONAL SKILLS

Appreciation for Fine Arts: C
    Understanding, or maybe attachment towards artworks, products of the fine arts. In case a Noble Phantasm that possesses anecdotes related to performing arts is seen, it might possible to see through its True Name. Chances of success depend on the rank on this skill.

Conceptual Improvement: A
    A cheat-like privilege that adds further merits to all tools, from all times and places. A bow is made stronger, a sword sharper, an axe bulkier. The extent to which improvement is possible depends on this skill's rank. At A Rank, virtually all tools produced by human wisdom can be enhanced.

As an exception, he cannot apply this to items deeply rooted on mystery.

Elucidation of Theories: EX
    The ability to understand, explain and prove the principles behind all sorts of phenomena. Also, the techniques to elucidate roughly all equations referred as magical formulas and restore them. It restores not only magecraft, but even damaged magic circuits・magic crests... however, since he employs an entirely scientific approach for this, chances are that some sort of accident・abnormality will occur.

Originally, this is something that would be of no use in combat, but in his case, it seems to play a critical role during the employment of his Noble Phantasm.

Pioneer of the Stars: EX
    A unique skill bestowed to a hero that became a turning point for human history. All difficult voyages・penances turn from "impossibilities" into "events that can be realized". Rather than something limited to a few geniuses, this is the power to completely burn the "pride" that is common to all humans – to overcome a penance that is one level above from that era's descriptive power with pure human strength.

Polymath: A+
    Multi-talented. Competent in all fields. Versatility obtained through extensive study and accumulation of experience. A total of 32 vocational skills can be employed with a proficiency level of B Rank or above.

NOBLE PHANTASM

Il Saggiatore – All Formulas Ought to Be Solved
    Type: Anti-Magecraft
    Great solving method. Caster's own interpretation on the Book of Nature. The original manuscript of his work on natural sciences was ironically transformed into a grimoire that rejects mystery upon being sublimated as a Noble Phantasm.

Upon release of the True Name, any and all magecraft within his field of vision will be negated so long he can provide a rational, scientific explanation for its phenomena. In theory, even high-thaumaturgy on the level of Reality Marbles can be dealt with. On the other hand, it is fundamentally ineffective against the Magic that still lies beyond human understanding.

A pioneer of natural philosophy (physics), Galileo is often regarded as the founder of modern science. Arguably, his greatest contribution for that field was introduction of the "scientific method" – the idea that, in order to achieve a proper understanding of the natural world, phenomena must be scrutinized by means of empirical observations and logical reasoning.

Science – in other words, the Authority intrinsic of humans to relegate mystery and render it powerless.

Eppur si Muove – Celestial Revolution
    Type: Anti-World
    The final Noble Phantasm of Heroic Spirit Galileo. Something that sublimated his most famous achievement – the redefinition of the cosmos. Furthermore, in a sense this is also a crystallization of human deeds (karma). Ever since it awakened as an intelligent life form, humanity has slowly endeavored to pioneer the world around itself and change it into something that suited its needs and desires.

Mapping out the unknown. A conceptual interference・revision towards the observable universe. Once activated, this Noble Phantasm will spread out a conceptual bounded field over Galileo’s surroundings. Those caught within that territory will have their attributes・way of being converted into “something that can be explained through modern human wisdom”. While this may seem completely outrageous at a first glance, its effects are not instantaneous, but rather something gradually enforced as time goes by. Furthermore, although the bounded field can potentially extend itself as far as he can see, consumption of magical energy increases exponentially the greater that range is.

Although nothing but a minor nuisance against most opponents, this works as the ultimate trump card against foes that maintain their superiority by remaining beyond human understanding. In other words, the final weapon to be used in anti-Foreigner combat.

Background
    BACKGROUND

Galileo Galilei. An individual from the late 16th century, early 17th century. Also called the "father of science", this Italian polymath left behind a number of accomplishments in the fields of engineering, mathematics and natural sciences. Having produced many innovative conceptions that revolutionized the scientific school of his time, his discoveries would later even lead to the development of new branches of science.

Born on 1564 in Pisa (then part of the Duchy of Florence), as the oldest son of Vicenzo Galilei – a successful musician of his time. He was raised on a privileged environment, receiving the best education available back then. Furthermore, it has been said that Vicenzo Galilei taught his son to appreciate quantitative measuring/analysis in the study of acoustics. Supposedly, this would greatly influence Galileo’s penchant for well-measured experimentations later in life.

He enrolled at the University of Pisa in 1581. At his father’s urging, he initially pursued a career in medicine. However, he would eventually abandon that path due a growing interest in mathematics, dropping out of school and moving to Florence to deepen his studies on the subject in 1585. By 1592, he had become enough accomplished in the subject to be invited into the University of Padua as a professor, where he remained until 1610. He would also come to teach mechanics, geometry and astrology at one point. Furthermore, many of his famous works were supposedly completed around this time.

Incidentally, as mentioned before, Galileo had a liking for employing quantitative measuring and mathematical analysis in his experiments (most of the academics of his time relied purely on deductive reasoning derived from observations). He would often repeat the same experiment under different circumstances and compare the resulting numbers in order to confirm his theories. This is the foundation from which what we know today as the “scientific method” would eventually be developed from, and is what led him to be extolled as the “father of modern science” by later generations.

Pioneer of the Stars

Of course, once the name of Galileo is brought up, one cannot help but think about the most famous anecdote concerning him: his feud with the Church regarding heliocentrism. Something that would later go down in history as the “Galileo affair”.

On 1609, Galileo perfected his improved version of the telescope and started employing it on the observation of celestial objects. The observation results (numerical data) derived from that lead him to accept the heliocentric theory – that Earth and other celestial objects revolve around the sun – as correct and to publish papers defending it. But problems began to arise when his ideas clashed with those of other academic authorities (some of which were priests and other important figures within the Church) that defended the Earth-focused geocentric system.

(by the way, this is something easy to misunderstand, but heliocentric theory itself was not an original creation by Galileo. The idea was first brought up almost a century earlier by Nicolaus Copernicus, and many other intellectuals had come up with their own interpretations of this system since. However, thanks to Galileo providing supporting evidence in the form of empirical data, his own astronomical model possessed a weight・power of persuasion that others lacked)

What followed was an academic bickering that dragged even the name of high Church officials into the mud with its back-bitting. When faced religious, holy texts-based counterarguments to his findings, Galileo questioned the very authority of the Church over the matter. This caused him to be charged with heresy by the Inquisition.

Ultimately, Galileo was deemed guilty of heresy and condemned to house arrest for the rest of his life. Although he was able to avoid a more severe punishment, he was still forced to publicly repudiate heliocentrism and forbidden to ever publishing any papers on the subject. Galileo continued with his research in private, but remained unable to make his findings public until little before his death by old age in 1642.

Galileo remained a controversial figure for most of his life, but his image received a drastic reassessment generations after his death. The importance of his legacy for the advancement of human civilization cannot be denied, and he probably bears more of the responsibility for the birth of modern science than anybody else. In special, his influence over astronomy and the study of the cosmos cannot be stressed enough, as his works set the foundations that would make possible for mankind to properly perceive (interpret) the universe that lies beyond their own planet.

Someone once said… “pioneering is both the most meaningful and the most sinful deed that humans can perform”. In that case, Galileo is indeed an unforgivable sinner (heretic) and a paramount achiever (trailblazer).
    Last edited by Master of Chaos; April 20th, 2019 at 09:02 AM.

Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

Blog Entries
    i'll reserve further commentary after voting but i must say that i really like this Galileo sheet.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Voting is now open

Deadline is the 30th
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    3.) Vril Saber. A very interesting take on a writer servant without going too far away from his orgin. The corruption of some of his famous sayings were pure genius in my opinion. The Noble Phantasm might be one of my favorites I've read in general but I just straight up love energy manipulation powers.

2.) Venus Pendragon. So what can I say about the fusion of the King of Knights and the Goddess of Love by what seems to just be a deranged mind. The Self Suggestion Skill being so powerful it replaces mad enhanement and essentially makes Berserker into a Saber is a nice twist that while technically is not needed is what pushes the servant up a tier in my mind.

1.) Hermes Trismegistus. Whenever I see a Beast Class servant I become excited and this didn't disappoint. I think this sheet wins in the sense of the most presentable of the sheets however I think the other sheets I voted for have technically better writing I think and the Noble Phantasms are better. Emerald Tablet is a good NP but it is so passive it sort of brings the whole sheet down. Maybe of he had a second NP he would have gotten first place for me.

Just realized I sort of had things backwards. I had the one I wanted to give 3 points to as 1 and so on. Fixed it.
    Last edited by cooldownnow; April 25th, 2019 at 08:52 PM.

My Servant Compendium

Fate Texas Night

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    3 points: Edward Bulwer-Lytton

2 points: Miguel de Cervantes

1 point: Galileo Galilei

Honorary Mention: Venus Pendragon