Thread: XBLAZE - Concurrent:Butterfly [IC]

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yoko Aoyama
    Phase: Morning
    Date: April 11th, 2056
    Weather: Clear Skies, Chilly
    Seithr Rating: 40, (Safe)

Irmina was almost certainly about to lift him by the collar.

She was much like a mother cat in that way, it was one of her favorite methods of moving other people around against their will, a sign that she was much much stronger than she let on, and in that respect the beginnings of the apparent 'punishment' had you pleading your best friend for assistance with stopping it.

She wouldn't hurt him.

At least not physically, but...

...It was still something that was best stopped, because that woman was the sort...

Who could come up with some interesting, if unfortunate, forms of punishment.

It didn't always stop with becoming the cosplay model of the day.

"I see..."

Thankfully, Kasumi is a much more reasonable person; willing to listen to at least a bit of sense without having to be forced into it.

"Then... Alright... But she won't stop just because I ask her too..."

What did that mean...?

Clearing her throat without explaining further, the girl shoots you a regretful look even as she fulfills your wishes.

"Big Sis Irmina!"

It's the cutest voice she can muster, along with her own spin on the words she knew would stop the other girl in her tracks.

"Hmm?"

Like a gust of wind, the silver-haired woman moves towards you both as a blur, a questioning look crossing her always-sincere face as a youth is dragged along with her rather than carried along in her arms.

"Yes, precious potential junior assistant #4?"

"Before you do anything rash, Yoko has something she wishes to ask you!"

It almost seems like a betrayal.

Dragging the woman's attention to you, it totally, definitely, almost absolutely seems like a betrayal but...

You knew, both of you knew...

The only way to actually stop her...

Was to throw yourself on her mercy and play up the little sister angle... But...

Did you... Have the mental fortitude to do so...?
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Yoko Aoyama

If I wasn’t fast enough, then Thomas Clover-san was going to be punished by Irmina...nee-san. I was sure he wouldn’t be physically hurt, but she was bound to come up with something ‘interesting’ as his punishment. Something that Himari told me that I should never watch or subject someone to it if possible. The look on her face when she told me that was scary…

Quote Originally Posted by Kasumi
    "I see..."
    So I was happy when Kasumi believed me and was willing to help

“Then... Alright... But she won't stop just because I ask her too…”
    That’s certainly true but it seems like she has an idea on how to stop her. I see her throw me a regretful look before starting her plan. This plan already worries if she’s throwing me that look…

"Big Sis Irmina!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Irmina...nee-san
    "Hmm?"

"Yes, precious potential junior assistant #4?"
    "Before you do anything rash, Yoko has something she wishes to ask you!"
    I heard Kasumi call out the devil in the cutest way possible and saying those words you should never say if you want to avoid the devil’s attention. Only after she said it did I realize what she had planned. She wanted me to do /THAT/ plan.

I never liked using it, because it dealt mutually assured destruction towards all involved. It dragged the devil down to a level that I could temporarily match her, but at the end of the plan I’ll be placed at the mercy of her…That’s assuming I could even use the technique properly…

Between using that plan and just trying to run away (futilely), I almost started running away instantly. However, I saw Thomas Clover-san being held by Irmina. I can’t run away from someone who tried to help me. I can’t. I won’t. So I did my best to enact [Plan Imouto].

“I was so surprised by your message that I forgot to respond and I asked Thomas to help me surprise you… O-On...”

I was so close… I made my voice cutesy like an anime character’s, I was smiling, and even moving tail excitedly. All I need to do was call her just like I do with Manami-oneechan. It’s only one word. I’m not betraying Manami-oneechan by calling her this. It’s so I can save Thomas Clover-san. I-I’m not b-betraying her at all.

“O-Oneechan!”

I’m sorry Manami-oneechan… I placed her (temporarily) on the same level as you...
    Last edited by Kuroyuki; December 4th, 2017 at 10:33 AM.

Blog Entries
    Tsugumi Uro
    Moon Under Water, Tomobiki
    Weather: Clear Skies

"Ah? You think that was a scene?"

Chuckling a bit at your anxieties in a friendly way, the impression you get is not that she's mocking you, but rather that she simply doesn't see it as being as bad as you seem to think it is.

"We've had way worse incidents; someone got sick last year on the train, and then on top of that, while she on the way to see the nurse she had a coughing fit, tripped and then accidentally punched her in the face. Girl was red the entire way back, even though Ariel-Sensei acted like it didn't hurt her; ended up hiding her face under the nurse's lab coat for the rest of the trip."

Shaking her head at the memory, in pity for someone who you were almost positive had acquired a nickname for it if that scene had gone down exactly as she had described it, the young woman's focus nevertheless reflects back onto you.

"Did seem a bit strange though, what was it that had you so spooked? Weird dreams? Nightmares? Moving to a new town can really slam you with anxiety you know? So the way I see it, it wouldn't be too strange if you got nightmares from it."
    Last edited by Airen; December 2nd, 2017 at 11:29 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Watanabe Yuuki
    Brewed Awakenings, Tomobiki Branch
    Day, April 11th, 2056

"Aoi-san is a bit too formal," smiling at you, noticing the watering eyes but choosing tactfully not to comment on it, at least not now, the dark-haired woman keeps the sing-song voice going even as she closes her eyes, "You can just call me Aoi if you want, or whatever else you'd like, so long as it isn't particularly mean~"

Laughing lightly to herself as this, as if to say she didn't think she really needed to worry about something like that, the woman opens one eye, winking once at the two of you before spinning back off into the kitchen.

She was graceful, again reminding you vividly of a princess or a dancer. Moving from one task to the next without wasted movement, sausages join eggs atop one of the many stove-tops as the two of you watch, almost hypnotized, as a bundle of knives float into the air with a snap of her fingers and start cutting away at the meat into more manageable sized patties seemingly entirely of their own volition.

"...Sorcery?"

Eyes widening slightly at this, Evelyn seems to get a bit more drawn into the show as the woman notices she's being stared at and decides to make a show of it, swirling her hand above the eggs and drawing them into an invisible vortex, a silent tornado that occasionally cracked one of the eggs into the pan and discarding the shell into a nearby trash-can as she cooks them sunny-side up.

"So, you're Yuuki then?" Already knowing the answer, the woman breaks the silence in her own way, "You're quite prompt. I just heard the train whistle a few moments ago; did you have fun? My sister didn't blow anything up on the way here did she?"
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Tsugumi Uro
    Crystal: Phase 1 (Clear)

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuki
    "Ah? You think that was a scene?"

"We've had way worse incidents; someone got sick last year on the train, and then on top of that, while she on the way to see the nurse she had a coughing fit, tripped and then accidentally punched her in the face. Girl was red the entire way back, even though Ariel-Sensei acted like it didn't hurt her; ended up hiding her face under the nurse's lab coat for the rest of the trip."
    With that, Tsugumi breathed a sigh of relief.

The problem with thinking too much is that one always ends up scaling up their problems much bigger than they need to be. A bunch of rowdy and anxious teenagers with recently acquired powers barely under control - of course someone would have pulled off something far worse than he. Fortunately for Tsugumi it seemed as if he had a way to go to make a name for himself. All the better, perhaps now he could relax for once this whole trip... Then again people rarely took their own advice

"I get a bit anxious easy. It's not as if I have problems talking to people it's just that..."

He paused. It was the first day and he already found himself opening up to the acquaintance he just made. In other situations he would have stopped but as he had just realised, he had quite a way to go before making a reputation.

"I just don't like being the centre of attention."

"Did seem a bit strange though, what was it that had you so spooked? Weird dreams? Nightmares? Moving to a new town can really slam you with anxiety you know? So the way I see it, it wouldn't be too strange if you got nightmares from it."
    "Yeah... it was a nightmare."

Perhaps it wasn't to do with the Union virus after all. Perhaps his worries we just mundane for now, mundane was good, mundane was managable. Being a Wallflower had it's perks and all but engaging with people was all the better for it. She knew more than him after all, perhaps she could help. For all he knew, she could very well become a social link for these sorts of issues, especially as they were in the same boat in many ways; school, standing, job, life threatening superpowers...

"I don't remember it very well, but it was very vivid. I'm not sure what it was that terrified me but it felt very real."

Opening up was easier said than done. Shaking his head, it was hard to hide his discomfort.

"Are hallucinations and nightmares common with people like us?"

Briefly looking down, he saw that his aunt hadn't replied to his texts

Quote Originally Posted by text
    Uro>> Morning auntie. Couldn't sleep on the train, getting a quick free breakfast with principal and other students before meeting you. You have any directions to yours from Moon Under Water??
    Everything ok?

Blog Entries
    Tsugumi Uro

"Well as far as I'm aware it's not unheard of, especially later on when the crystal starts to darken," shrugging as she speaks, she shifts her slouched pose up ever so slightly, as if the topic warranted better posture from her, "It apparently gets really bad around then, you start seeing things that no one else is seeing; normally monsters if the reports are anything to go by... And seeing that sort of thing sort of freaks people out, its part of the reason they wind up getting aggressive... Least that's what Ariel says about it."

A pause:

"You're not that far along from what I can tell, so it's a bit less likely that you'd be hallucinating, but still not unheard of; I haven't slept that well since getting this thing myself. Always have these weird dreams about moving around town at night, and there are monsters and things in the woods I think; always feels pretty real, and I wake up tired but fine so... Hey, it might just be how it is."

Her gaze shifts slightly to the side.

"Don't have many experiences beyond my own to draw from."

Meanwhile...

Quote Originally Posted by Naoko
    Ah, my apologizes young one, I was a bit distracted with my sudden inheritance.
    Worry not, for I am quite well; albeit, I have managed to accidentally stain one of my suits whilst painting! So that is a bit of a blemish upon the day, but I am happy that you're getting along with the other kids. The first day is always the easiest to make new friends, that's what everyone else is on the hunt as well!
    ...The second text seems to have grabbed her attention, but her real life vocabulary...

Also seemed to be bleeding through...

Directions wise... Well, I am not quite familiar with the street names as of yet, but it is just outside of the school grounds, so north from Moon Under Water I suppose?
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Watanabe Yuuki
    Day, April 11th, 2056

Quote Originally Posted by Nagatani Aoi
    "Aoi-san is a bit too formal," smiling at you, noticing the watering eyes but choosing tactfully not to comment on it, at least not now, the dark-haired woman keeps the sing-song voice going even as she closes her eyes, "You can just call me Aoi if you want, or whatever else you'd like, so long as it isn't particularly mean~"
    Having regained his composure, Yuuki could only nod at her words. It would feel a bit weird, calling her just by her name alone, but what options does he have? Calling her onee-san or okaa-san are just wrong and not an option.

"Aoi it is, then." He said, trying to immediately practice saying her name without honorifics.

He noted with some amusement how ironic it is that he called Chiasa, who looked younger and is smaller than him, with honorifics - senpai, no less - while the older Aoi is called without one.

People are different, he suppose.

With that finished, both he and Evelyn watched as the principal's sister moved gracefully as she cook, mesmerized, and before long it become apparent that she could use sorcery when knives started to cut meat on their own volition and how she creates an invisible vortex to easily crack the eggs and discarding the shells to the trash-can.

Unlike Chiasa's earlier display, which might either be sorcery or sleight of hand, there is no denying that what Aoi is doing is pure sorcery.

And he has no idea magic could be used to cook so efficiently...

Quote Originally Posted by Aoi
    "So, you're Yuuki then?" Already knowing the answer, the woman breaks the silence in her own way, "You're quite prompt. I just heard the train whistle a few moments ago; did you have fun? My sister didn't blow anything up on the way here did she?"
    "I've got my priorities straight." He simply replied to the inquiry of his promptness, glancing at Evelyn before answering further. "Your sister acted like how a principal should, in my opinion, and she didn't blow anything up on the way here."

"As for whether I had fun or not..." He paused, remembering the mischievous yet mysterious Chiasa, before answering with a small smile. "Yeah. I met someone interesting on the train, and became friends with her."
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Tsugumi Uro

Tsugumi leaned in and listened to the words of wisdom with the same intent as when he first heard his diagnosis. The beginning was all the same stuff he had heard before but this time around it all carried much more weight and hit harder. Was it that the person he was speaking with was another student and more relatable? The fact she was suffering as he was or the fact he began to realise the impact of what his life was? Probably all three but that was neither here nor there,

but then-

"You're not that far along from what I can tell, so it's a bit less likely that you'd be hallucinating, but still not unheard of; I haven't slept that well since getting this thing myself. Always have these weird dreams about moving around town at night, and there are monsters and things in the woods I think; always feels pretty real, and I wake up tired but fine so... Hey, it might just be how it is."

Although half-tempted to look down his top and get another look at the crystal embedded into his chest, he knew it was still clear and colourless, the very beginning stages of the infection so it wasn't the virus but after hearing her experiences were almost identical he was even more relieved. It was logical that monsters were a thing Drive patients would dream of psychologically speaking but an identical dream? Now that would have been concerning. Pondering for a moment, Tsugumi was tempted to ask about what the monsters appeared like to her but... best not rock the boat to much. Questions of 'Adam', 'Eve', 'Lilith' and 'The Chair' would have to wait for later. Perhaps his medical appointment would fit.

It seemed however, Mizuki seemed equally off put about speaking of the situation, noting her gaze shift off-centre.

"It's probably a good thing you don't have anything to draw from. It means we're not getting any worse"

He ended the term with a light tap to the shoulder, a gesture a self-confessed delinquent would hopefully recognise as being what it was. Solidarity, reassurance and all that. It wasn't as if he was the 'Punch-to-the-arm' kind of person.

Feeling the buzz, he took a look down and saw that Naoko had finally replied, he smiled - she texted the same way she spoke, it was almost a given considering her cultural tastes. It was clear she was still the same as ever, always a good sign.

"Sorry Mizuki, just need to get this."

Quote Originally Posted by Text
    Shame to hear about the suit, that means we get to buy you a new one at least if the stain doesn't come out. I'm actually getting along pretty well, your 'Benefactor's' niece and she'll be working part time in the cafe I hear.
    He was tempted so ask about Naoko's connection to the principal so see whether if the teacher just had little true grasp on the value of money. He could have made a joke about it but anything along the lines of a 'Sugar Mama' comment would have been in poor taste.

That was when the second text popped through.

Good to hear, I'll check up on the place and help out after food.
    Tsugumi was curious to see how auntie Naoko would get along with Mizuki and Principal Isako.

Blog Entries
    Lucas Guerrin
    Northern Cross Academy, Sublevel 13
    Phase: Day

"...Of course, a second Amon would be a tragedy."

She admits it.

Ultimately, she can acknowledge that the boy's inclusion would seem to bear an inherent risk that simply excluding him from the project would deter, however, by that same token...

"But I believe in Isako. Even moreso than I believe in myself or the Agency; she is not the type that would introduce what she truly believed to be a danger to other people. The Agency bears a similar amount of trust in her; there were quite a few departments that wanted custody rights to the boy, but she was determined to be the most qualified of all the Branch Heads right from the start."

The faith she has in that woman seems to override everything else, a pattern that was becoming more and more apparent with everyone who would up speaking about the raven-haired vampire. Was it simple charisma? Or was she simply that good at her job? She was the sort that had others of equal rank jealous, who seemed to inspire a fierce loyalty in her soldiers, so much so that no one ever seemed to transfer out of her branch of their own accord; even when they left temporarily to assist other branches...

They had always made it clear that they wanted to go back.

A well-liked Colonel who managed to be friendly without losing her sense of 'authority' with others...

Well it wasn't all love, Sanders had always seemed to hate her, but-

"So there's no need to worry. You'll understood once you've worked with her for awhile; she's the most talented woman I know."
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Lucas Guerrin

Lucas focused on the Lieutenant's words as a way to keep memories at bay. These were not his fondest, admittedly. Thus, he listened carefully what was said about the Colonel. Iris spoke with enthusiasm, obviously dedicated to the Director of the Sixth Branch. Chances were high that most of the personnel would follow the same behavior when it came to the honcho.

In the end, it all came down to...

...faith.

Well, he had expected that.

The vampire had a reputation that preceded her after all. Truth be told, how she did reconcile camaraderie, all the while keeping people in check, was a point of curiosity for the young agent. According to his experience, you were either popular or a good leader. Finding the proper balance would be hard for anyone, even with high charisma. Maybe it was about competency. Or both.

The time shared in her presence had been rather short, all things considered. At least, he had been able to tell that she seemed, or was willing to project, a friendly persona in front of the gathered Unions. Of course, it could easily be part of the program, in order to gain the trust of the subjects. Having a warm, friendly older sister type willing to listen to your concerns would appeal to much of the teenagers who were led to the unknown.

Time would be required to understand the character, yes.

Although, I'm not sure how much one would be allowed to learn about her.

To be fair, he had most likely worked alongside and under worst than Isako Nagatani. At least, she was supposed to be competent.

Not like being skilled would warrant someone to care about the grunts...

Speaking of which, Lucas had heard Sander mouth off the woman quite often. Then again, the guy only ever liked success when it was stamped on his mission reports. Having someone outperform him in any significant way, would obviously make him pretty mad.

He certainly would disapprove of this initiative in Tomobiki.

While Lucas made no secret about his lack of love about being forced to interact with a certain researcher, it could not even begin to compare to the disgust he felt for his fellow Sleipnir. There was a limit to how much selfish and ruthless one could be...

Not someone you would ever want to be paired with...

Lucas' gaze fell on his current partner, whom he hadn't noticed getting close to.

Instinctively, his hand reached out for the girl, and rubbed her hair in an awkward fashion. Too rough to be affectionate, yet too gentle to be interpreted as an act of aggression.

It was not often that Lucas would allow physical contact outside training rooms and combat situations. His reluctance had only ever grown over the years, contrary to what he had hoped. But in some instances, when the other party was someone who had earned his trust, he would randomly act on it.

There was nothing special about petting a friend's head but, for Lucas, it was evidence of how important their relationship had grown. The corner of his mouth raised slightly.

He didn't want his partner to work under a heartless bastard who only cared about results. He would do what he could to spare her that. After she had followed him all the way to Japan, he owed it to her.

But before even considering the top dog, he had to find a way to salvage this situation.

The teenager scrutinized Iris. It wouldn't do to alienate the woman any further than he had. The simple fact that she was a superior was already a problem if she were to push for a formal sanction about his previous action. On top of that, she was with the Defense Corps. Meaning she could easily become a thorn in his side. Someone in that position might have enough influence to limit his personal freedom, as well as getting in the way of his work if she so wished.

Lucas already had a suspicion he had barely avoided to get a reprimand thanks to Hailey's timely intervention, following his unexpected encounter with Ariel. He had voiced out his opinion of Iris after a short look, which didn't have much weight as far as he was concerned but, could be interpreted otherwise by the person.

In short, her assessment of Lucas would be in the lowest tier.

Rhea's going to kill me...

He would have to correct that. Or at the very least, attempt to mitigate the damage.

But how? Custom would have him offer heartfelt excuses to Iris after he had just called a hag to her face. He didn't actually feel bad about it, he simply esteemed that the proper action for him was to make amends. Could do better about being genuine, really.

And, she probably had a bullshit detector anyway.

Oh well...

A long sigh, then;

"I overstepped my bounds earlier, Lieutenant," he looked hesitant for a second, "I'll accept whatever punishment you see fit as compensation."

Not quite an apology but, something that was as close as one coming from Lucas.

Preparing for some kind of humiliating punishment, he hoped it wouldn't involve a certain nurse....

Blog Entries
    Tsugumi Uro

"Yeah, Ariel-Sensei is good about not letting us get any worse; nightmares are still a pain in the ass when they happen though..."

Accepting the shoulder-tap with a laugh even as you become distracted with your phone, the sudden appearance of a stack of french toast eight slices high seems to divert her attention from you a bit, one hand shooting off to find a fork as she moves to assault her meal with an almost overacted seriousness.

Of course-

"Oh yes, I am certainly aware of Mizuki-chan; when I spoke of the dress-up theme to the monarch, she recommended her to me immediately. Spoke of her features and personality being perfectly suited for outfits of all sorts. After seeing the school images, I can gracefully say that I agree with that assessment. The monarch and I even picked out the uniform together. Custom for each employee, you see? Hers is a Gothic style black dress, and I'm sure she'll look delightful in it."
    -This was swiftly becoming a new problem looming in the horizon.

Custom uniforms?

It wasn't something particularly surprising, after all, she was one of those adults that had always held a sense of fun towards 'dress up,' but...

It was easy to see that you were going to get dragged into this dress up game too if you didn't do anything about it; and having someone around to act as your aunt's enabler for this sort of thing was also...

Troubling...

"Something up? Aunt forcing you to work too?"

Table manners rather poor, Mizuki glances up at you with one hand covering her mouth, her breakfast already half-decimated while your own remained completely untouched.
    Last edited by Airen; December 31st, 2017 at 07:00 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Yoko Aoyama

"Oho? I see, I see-!"

Smashing the metaphorical glass of a hypothetical last resort switch, the sound of Thomas falling to the ground as Irmina looses her grip on his collar, is one that lets you know that your plan has succeeded, at least for the moment. She was weak to younger sibling types, so much so that it was almost sad if you really thought about it; but seeing as how she was seemingly invincible in every other area, it is the one and only weakness that can be exploited with any measure of success-!

Well, there was apparently an "older woman," that could do to her what she did to others, a woman who apparently bore the name "Hassan," but...

No one in your family had ever seen this fabled woman, and indeed, only knew about her existence because Irmina herself has always insisted that she existed... Somewhere out there in the world...

Regardless-!

"Well, excellent work! I can say that I am quite surprised-!"

The aura of pseudo-hostility instantly becomes one of a completely benevolent older-sister.

"But you shouldn't let your excitement keep you from responding to check-ins-! I am doing this for your sister's sake after all, I'm here to make sure that the transition goes nice and smoothly-!"

It's dangerous.

Dangerous because it's suddenly become so reasonable, as all of her worst habits seem to just melt away, leaving behind a more 'normal' older sister, one whose voice even brought to mind a sort of 'ideal' older sibling, an understanding tone and intimacy of voice that appeared with a sibling that was 'close in age to their younger siblings' in spite of her actual status as an adult.

But...

You know that this normality is simply temporary, she cannot do 'normal' for very long.

She can do 'normal' for short bursts, but staying around her for any real length of time slowly increased the chances of becoming the victim of one of her more bizarre whims or adventurous urges-!

"Well, I suppose I might have overreacted ever so slightly, I apologize Clover-san," sweetly enough (although her smile never faded) the silver-haired woman cheerfully apologizes to a boy that was only now beginning to understand that he had been freed from his metaphorical binds, "To make up for it, I will treat you to something nice in the future. Perhaps we can all go for ice cream?"

Perfectly benevolent.

Completely lacking in ulterior motives... It's...

Not fair that she can just swap back and forth from being either 'ideal' or 'smothering' like she was flipping a coin-!

"Ice cream? That seems like it might be fun..."

And the charm was working on Kasumi...?!
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Tsugumi Uro

That was a problem. No, a problem was manageable. This was a potential Calamity Class event on the dawn and utterly inescapable. The single word had thrown everything into disarray.

Although Tsugumi had only been here for a few hours at the most, he had been going on an internal monologue about not wanting a fuss and going back to simple mundane problems. However the Monkey's Paw had curled, his wish had been granted but at potentially an extraordinary cost. This issue, although mundane in nature, was potentially far more terrifying than the nonsensical nightmare that had just occurred. It was a trial he had gone through before and many times afterwards with each succession becoming more and more difficult to overcome. Tsugumi knew in his heart of hearts he was rather pass out and go a few more rounds with 'Lilith' than go through this again.

The dress up was not the issue - it couldn't be helped with his aunts taste in aesthetics and although he doubted that Mizuki was going to enjoy the dress, he would bear that cross. The rage of the Senior Year Delinquent was nothing compared to the problems this new contender was about to deal.

'Monarch'

It was rude to jump to conclusions but given Naoko's track record, this 'Monarch' will be no good. A friend wasn't a problem, his aunt was the eccentric but easily likeable sort the potential problem was if she had found someone who was more than that.

See, the woman seemed to be a magnet for poor lovers.

Not even acknowledging the cold sweat starting to break out; Tsugumi immediately began to text back.

Quote Originally Posted by Text
    Do you have one for me too?

Also, Monarch? Are you talking about Principal Isako? Who's this person?
    Tsugumi looked back up to see his own pile of food and Mizuki's... well half a pile of food.

"Something up? Aunt forcing you to work too?"
    "Well I just found out we have custom uniforms. How do you like Gothic Black Dresses?"

There was nothing Tsugumi could do aside from start eating and prepare for the potential oncoming storms.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; January 1st, 2018 at 02:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    Tsugumi Uro
    Event Stock: 3

"...?"

For a moment, the young woman doesn't quite seem to comprehend what it is that you just revealed to her; as she had failed to really put two-and-two together when linking her newfound job with the person that you had described to her earlier in the morning.

"Eh? What?! Lemme see-!"

Eyes darting to the screen -that she pulls towards herself regardless of your consent- the twitching of her right eye is the only sign of discomfort that she shows at first, but rather than getting blatantly wrathful about it, her obvious distaste for the idea simply becomes a tired sigh as she releases her grip on your wrist.

"Isako..."

She blames her aunt -who seems to be ignoring her completely now- without even turning to regard her, as if afraid she would find an innocent but smug smirk waiting at her back.

Isako certainly had a queen-like disposition, so 'Monarch' would make sense but...

It seems your aunt has gone silent again.

"I see... So this is the actual reason for the sudden job pushing... Good for me my ass... She just wants photos-!"

A hand slams down on the table, one hand going for her fork even as a sudden fire seems to have lit itself in her heart.

"Fine-! I won't run from it! I could use the money, I'll wear it on my terms-!"

Hell...

She seems to be rushing so that she could head there now...

It's funny in it's own way but...

At this rate she was going to finish and get out the door before you had even started-!

}i{

The Butterfly Indicates the End of a Scene

When a scene has served it's purpose and begun to draw to a close for one reason or another, the }i{ symbol will appear at the end of an update.

At this point, the player is free to wrap up their side of things, and designate the next event they wish to take part in for the current week.

Last edited by Airen; December 31st, 2017 at 07:27 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Tsugumi Uro
    Event Stock: 3

Honestly? It could have been worse. An infinitely more dramatic scene could have unfurled with Mizuki launching herself at Isako right there in the cafe. However that did not change the fact that the self confessed delinquent was armed, angry and heading straight out of the door...

A plan was needed.

The easy thing to do was nothing; eat his Maple Syrup covered pancakes and let whatever potential events unfold. This would keep things calm for him which was always ideal but not so much for Naoko and Isako - therefore the choice was non viable.

He could try to wrestle her to the ground. Tsugumi had always held an 'average' level of strength for his age group, height etc. However his physical enhancements from the Union Virus were shared by everyone in the room, including the target. Furthermore she was probably equipped to get him off her and be even more motivated to stay on her path, being superhuman wasn't so impressive when an opponent is as well. This was easily the worst option available to him.

Then there was just trying to calm her down. The third option and easily the best.

Tsugumi tucked his phone back in his pocket, inhaled and let out a deep breath.

"...Gear Change."

And the world slowed, or rather his own perception of time had changed. Whilst enhancing his own 'Time' to travel at the maximum speed available to him as a Union made him appear to 'stop time' as he once thought the ability was, he could only maintain it for a few seconds and depending on the dream, anywhere between two and five seconds seemed to be a safe limit. At least in theory.

Standing up, he walked over past Mizuki and stood in front of the door before outstreching his arm and releasing his Drive.

"Mizuki, calm down. Let's talk about this. We're both in the same boat here."

All Tsugumi could think about was keeping things (relatively) calm and peaceful for now, not quite realising that it looked like he appeared right in front of Mizuki out of thin air.

Hopefully tomorrow would be better.

>>>

April 12th
    Morning
    Northern Cross: Opening Ceremony.

>>>

Blog Entries
    Yoko Aoyama

After launching my only ace against her, I braced myself just in case. In the worst case, I might have excited her and she'll drag me away to do something... The only good news would be that I got Clover-san to safety. So I mentally prepared myself for whatever she has planned!

Quote Originally Posted by Irmina...neesan
    "Oho? I see, I see-!"
    It didn't... Backfire on me? In fact, you could say it worked perfectly... Clover-san was unceremoniously dropped. I wasn't being dragged away. Kasumi was here. All in all a perfect victory. In fact, it spoke volumes of how weak she was to younger sisters. The same person who regularly defeats Himari-oneesama as a casual afterthought instantly lost to my acting... It was sad to say the least for both Himari-oneesama and Irmina...neesan. Supposedly there was one even stronger than her, but I've never heard of or seen this "Hassan" that she keeps talking about. But wherever they are... Please return soon, we need you to stop her from plaguing us...

"Well, excellent work! I can say that I am quite surprised-! But you shouldn't let your excitement keep you from responding to check-ins-! I am doing this for your sister's sake after all, I'm here to make sure that the transition goes nice and smoothly-!"
    "Ye-"

I went to respond to HER normally, but I forgot one important detail. I wasn't entirely out of the danger zone yet. In fact, I was in a minefield... Because despite her seemingly benevolent aura and acting of a proper onee-chan, it was a trap! If it wasn't for the fact that I've used this technique before in other emergencies like this, I would've fallen for it hook, line, and sinker for her act. All I have to do is avoid her so I can be away from her when she finally drops her act. So as normally as I could, I finally responded.

"I was going to text Onee-sama and Onee-chan after I got to the dorms."

Good! I didn't stammer at all. It's not like the longer I stay here, the more likely I am to be right next to the incoming explosion. All I have to do is casually deny her help and "coincidentally" miss her until she has to go back home. This plan is foolproof. There's no way she can track Kasumi and I down once the classes start due to the other students.

Well, I suppose I might have overreacted ever so slightly, I apologize Clover-san. To make up for it, I will treat you to something nice in the future. Perhaps we can all go for ice cream?
    "Ice cream? That seems like it might be fun..."
    A trap already and she gotten Kasumi already?!? Could it be that she's trying to lure us with Kasumi's favorite dessert?!? I can fix this. I can save us from her trap.

"I should probably drop off this box at the dorms..."

Okay that should do. I'll just miss out on the nice delicious smooth ice cream. It'll be fine. Ice cream isn't my favorite dessert. I don't need it...

"B-but if Kasumi wants to, I guess we do a quick stop."

...What did I just say. D-did I just accept the devil's tempting ice cream?! Hopefully... She won't smother me until after the ice cream. She wouldn't be cruel enough to do that right?

Blog Entries
    Watanabe Yuuki
    Day, April 11th, 2056

"She acted professionally? Oh, that's wonderful, she kept her promise-!"

Something about the sincerity in her voice, the sheer legitimate pride and cheer that came over the woman when she heard your words, was something that called into question the true nature of the person called Nagatani Isako...

Was she the type that normally didn't act professionally? And if so-

"And a new friend? That's good-!"

Interrupting your thoughts, the woman continues to speak and move in a manner similar to that of a parent, a distinct maturity that was different from the 'professional' airs of her sister.

"I'm always a little worried when new students show up. They're always so shy, but it's important to meet people early on-! That's when everyone else is looking for new friends too-!"

Smiling at Evelyn as if to reassure her of this, the woman spins around as plates and silverware set themselves before you, once again moving around of their own accord as if they were possessed by the spirits of the long passed.

"I tried to get Evelyn to go out a bit more, but I suppose I can be the new friend of the day~"

"...Didn't want to be late."

Explaining herself simply, eyes diverting slightly to the side as her face reddens, the older woman just smiles at the reaction.

"I know little one, I know. I can't blame you; he seems like a keeper."

Saying this casually, even as Evelyn seems to jump slightly in her seat, the woman just laughs to herself.

"I'm sure you'll both do just fine. Just make sure to spread your wings a bit at school, okay~"

...Slightly fussy, just like a mother.

...Was this really the younger sister?
    Last edited by Airen; January 3rd, 2018 at 07:21 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Kotetsu Shima

...To be frank, it was just like playing a computer in chess.

While her multi-tasking skills had already been something to admire, the woman that had yet to even cross her eyes in anything resembling deep thought quite simply did not seem to approach this sort of game from a casual stand point.

No.

There was never any hesitation in her moves. While you had gone out of your way to avoid the Fool's Mate, there was a certain inherent sense that nothing you did within the confines of the game surprised her in any real way.

Or to put it in other terms, it was almost like you could see a light bulb light up over her head the instant you did absolutely anything at all...

A person that arrives at the moment of 'epiphany' instantly...

...It didn't feel entirely fair, but at the same time, it was also hard to call it entirely frustrating and unentertaining, because the sheer confidence that ran off of her with every move also made it that much more desirable to beat her, even if only a single time-!

Even if it seemed like she could read your mind-!

Even if you could practically see the gears spinning in the back of her mind and simulating every possible response to every possible move-!

Even if this was the fourth game in five minutes...

"Hmm," clearing the board with a snap of her fingers, the woman hovers a plate of waffles next to her with a casual air, "So, I'm curious. What's your favorite hobby? Word search?"

And even if...

She seemed to be sending a random probe into your psyche for some reason...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Kotetsu Shima

Shima drummed his fingers on the table, thinking over the machine-like way the principal seemed to play her games. There wasn't much else to say, but it had been enjoyable. He liked games, even when he lost, though he usually played whatever game it was over and over again until he could beat it.

Still, there was a definite reason she was in charge, of that he was sure.

"Hmm... so, I'm curious. What's your favorite hobby? Word search?"

Shima looked up, surprised.

"I didn't think words went missing that often."

He considered.

"Fishing."

The way he said it, though... it was filled with the conviction that could only be achieved by doing something throughout an entire lifetime. No surprise there, he thought.

"Do you have any hobbies, besides playing games?"
    Last edited by Mooncake; May 21st, 2019 at 12:12 PM.
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Blog Entries
    Lucas Guerrin

"...?"

Strangely enough, Hailey had simply seemed slightly baffled when you had reached out to mess with her hair in your own awkward, trying-to-be-friendly way. It was a rare cute moment, not just from you but from her, as while she normally would have had something to say about it, this time around she just tilts her head slightly to the side, and for a moment, a single instant...

She seems slightly more sad than the usual, but-

"Hmm? Putting yourself in my hands? I see, wise choice. That'll make all of this a bit easier."

Speaking cheerfully, as if your admittance of your line-stepping wasn't anything particularly noteworthy to her, a dull feeling of horror slowly crawls up from inside of you.

"The initial assignment for you both is simply to monitor the Strange Red while attending classes yourself; but I have also taken the liberty to recommend Lucas in particular for the rotating position of Ariel's night guard for the first semester. Judging by your history, I suppose those extra assignments will be punishment enough, no?"

She smiles.

Keeps smiling, as if it was the funniest thing in the world but she wasn't able to laugh about it.

"Ah..."

And hearing the worst come to pass, Hailey simply chuckles slightly in a sympathetic way.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai