The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Watanabe Yuuki
    Phase: Early Morning, Sunrise
    Date: April 11th, 2056
    Weather: Clear Skies, Chilly
    Seithr Rating: 40, (Safe)

"I see, I see, that's good~"

It was hard to tell if she was disappointed or not with your reactions. Watching you just over the top of crossed fingers, the older (?) girl had just laughed it all off in the end in a very ambiguous way, as if even though she had clearly been fishing for a very specific type of reaction, something like this was fine too.

"It's good to have friends that don't get jealous at the drop of a hat. Being too clingy is rarely a good thing~"

So saying...

She rattled off her phone number with her usual clarity of voice.

Inputting it into your own caused your phone to act up a bit more than you had expected it too; rather than just saving the number as a contact, the phone had shook a little, and a calendar (some sort of App) had turned itself on autonomously, or rather, the action itself seemed to be a possible trigger for it's start-up.

Clicking on it reflexively revealed it to be a sort of schedule, the networking thing the principal had been talking about earlier, a sort of auto-updating scheduler that not only kept track of school events but events that your friends put into their version of the app as well, and...

While she hadn't texted you yet, it seemed that Evelyn had actually gone out of her way to use this, leaving a big chunk of her time today open for the purpose of exploring Tomobiki with you, and even as you scan over the rest, an extra appointment with Ariel later on in the week catching your attention...

You see something about a fortune telling booth involving Chiasa appear right in front of your eyes at the end of the week, as if she had just input it herself, and looking over...

"That should give me enough time to find some sort of tent... Crystal Balls always fade out a bit too much in the sunlight~"

The smiling young woman appears to have done just that.

"Think I'll make it a Sunday sort of thing. Seems like a good day, right?"
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Watanabe Yuuki

To be perfectly honest, the schedule-networking thing the principal had mentioned earlier is much more impressive than he had thought.

Scanning the auto-updating scheduler, he could see events that had been planned for the week; the opening ceremony tomorrow morning, regular healthcare the day after that, an interesting extra appointment with Ariel on Friday night...

... And exploring Tomobiki with Evelyn today.

Yuuki smiled as he saw what the girl has written, particularly the question mark at the end of the "explore." Going out of her way to use the app and leaving a big chunk of her day open for this, yet open to the possibility that he might not do so, is just like her.

Of course, he had no intention to refuse.

Still, his eyes noticed as something appears at the end of the week; a fortune-telling booth involving Chiasa.

It seems the 'auto-updating' part of the scheduler is true after all.

'Still, a crystal ball?' Yuuki thought to himself. 'I guess it's necessary for something like a fortune-telling booth to set the atmosphere, but doesn't she use cards for her fortune telling?'

Quote Originally Posted by Moto Chiasa
    "Think I'll make it a Sunday sort of thing. Seems like a good day right?"
    He suppose it's something that he can find out at the end of the week.

"Yeah. It's Sunday, so many people should be able to see your booth if you set it up at an optimal location... Though I cannot say if they would be interested in having their fortune told." Yuuki said before pocketing his phone and giving a small grin at the older (?) girl.

"That being said, can I get my fortune told for free? Or maybe a discount as your kouhai?" He asked half-jokingly. "Maybe I'll spread the word about your booth if you do so."
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    Tsugumi Uro
    Day Phase: ???
    Weather: ???
    Seithr Rating: 0
    Crystal: Phase 1 (Clear)

Being a superhuman had it's uses.

Carrying the unconscious weight of another human being, easily clearing a jump that was comparable in size to that of a certain Grand Canyon, the amount of strength present in your limbs is something that surprises you even in spite of this place's nature as a dream. You weren't the type to really test out the more 'positive' aspects of becoming a Union, so the fact that it barely felt like you were carrying anything, that you almost overshoot your leap to what you pray is a platform, certainly feels simple in a very bizarre way.

You hadn't tried it in reality but...

How strong were you really now...?

"..."

A question that was best saved for another time.

Hiding amongst darkness, the barrier of fog within each you have concealed yourself is a sort of double-edged sword; while you can gauge how close the entity is depending on how much light was draining away from the surroundings, as well as by a strange sort of 'instinct,' you can't directly see her with your eyes...

Even so...

She's above.

But she's not talking anymore.

The storm rages around you, in spite of the winds, the black clouds do not budge, and while you feel like she's mere feet away, the instinct that had told you to flee before, declares that it's better to stay hidden this time.

She doesn't know you're there.

You don't know if that's true, it feels like she's hovering right outside of the cloud, but breaking out now, even with the use of your drive...

Risky...

Would the same thing really work twice...?

Unless you had confirmation that she actually knew you were in here, and simply wasn't trying to get you to emerge of your own accord, you should probably-!

"Receiving Transfer: Magical Element Levels at 90% of the Minimum. System Startup will become possible momentarily."

"..."

Outside the cloud, the being that had been peering into something that it couldn't see through, lets out a sound of... annoyance, an exhalation of breath, as your other self continues his relentless quest to give status updates on things you don't understand, but that you're beginning to think might just be your path out of... Whatever this was.

If it got to 100%, perhaps you could leave...?

It's a theory that has no real evidence behind it, but you cling onto it as a form of hope.

Anything to end the dream sooner... Was fine by you...

"Disappointing... I can only reach this far... But there will be another chance."

And judging by how the voice was further away now, that you felt that, whatever that demon was, it was beginning to move away from you, made it seem like it would be a relatively easy thing to wait out.

All you had to do...

Was stay silent.

"Receiving Transfer: Magical Element Stores at Functional Levels. Beginning start-up."

The world rumbles.

Shaking from top to bottom, the air itself quaking without a discernible cause, white light floods out from above. It is the opposite of the entity's darkness, a light so bright that you can see it even beyond the veil of shadows, and while you immediately recognize it as something that will wake you up-

"...!"

A hand darts out of the darkness to grasp you.

It's fast.

Unbelievably fast, so fast that you wonder with horror if it had simply let you get away earlier for some reason you can't define. You feel sick when it touches you, sick in a way you can't describe as it yanks both you and the girl out of the darkness with the horrific strength of one or two fingers.

"Don't be scared. It's alright, I'm going to save you, save everyone. Next time, next time, next time, next time-!"

Sad but ecstatic.

Completely calm but absolutely unhinged.

Battered with dozens of contradictory emotions, you struggle to no avail, even instinctively triggering your drive doesn't seem to be enough to dislodge either of you from the thing, but-

"It's a good thing, I promise."

-Thankfully...

The falling wave of light seems to wipe both it, and your dream-bound consciousness, from the surface of this persistent nightmare, light pushing shadow far, far into a distant void.

In comparison, you last a bit longer than the shadow, long enough to see and hear...

Your own voice, no, the voice of your silhouette, coming from a giant empty chair...

"Oh? Did you find someone?"

And-

"This is fortunate. Perhaps your stubbornness became a boon this time."

-then you knew nothing.

---

"Hello? You alright?"

A hand, Mizuki's hand, is waving in front of your face as you come back to yourself, or rather, as eyes close in the dream only to open again in reality...

Your heart is racing, and you still feel ill, but...

"Blanking out isn't a good sign... Come on, talk to me or I'll have to grab the principal."

She sounds genuinely worried.
    Last edited by Airen; September 19th, 2017 at 06:04 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Tsugumi Uro

In an instant, Tsugumi was somewhere else entirely. He let out a short shout of shock as his whole being jolted awake.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuki-Chan
    "Blanking out isn't a good sign... Come on, talk to me or I'll have to grab the principal."
    In his mind's eye he could still see that female shaped entity, he could still feel the sickness that revolted in him the moment her monstrous long fingers had rendered his surprisingly strong superhuman self utterly powerless with a single touch. He could still hear that paradoxal voice.

'Don't be scared. It's alright, I'm going to save you, save everyone. Next time, next time, next time, next time-!'

Loving yet utterly murderous.

The sight of Mizuki's hand in front of him was enough to pull that all back to him in a single second enough to make him instinctivly take flight and move, falling out onto the central walkway with a loud and comical thud. The dream, haluciation... whatever it was still very vivid and it all felt as real as the world around him right now, the pain there however seemed far stronger than what was there now.

"Yeah... Principal sounds pretty good to me," he agreed "Maybe the nurse as well or the closest thing you have to a medical professional? I have no clue what the hell just happened."

If being a union meant more of this then Tsugumi was not in for a good time. He was stubbon to a fault after all.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; September 24th, 2017 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Formatting

Blog Entries
    Loraine Irwin
    Phase: Early Morning, Before Sunrise

"I-I couldn't possibly-!"

The sheer thought of referring to a Sage in such an informal, no, in such a close and endearing way, had clearly affected the boy in a very different way than it had affected you. It was a move that was quite contrary to the usual Sage attitude, and the look on his face, like that of a deer in headlights, had made it clear that the words had violated his idea of a Sage-Student relationship so badly it was like a slap in the face.

Of course, on your end...

"...!"

You could have sworn she had almost trembled when she heard the word 'sis' come out of your mouth.

"It's not big sis, but we can work on that, I'll take it as a first try-!"

Her energy levels were skyrocketing.

Not in a magical sense.

But rather a staggering amount of normal cheer and good will, as if hearing this sort of thing was the best thing in the world, and...

"I'm okay with this level of respect-! You listen well Loraine! So can I hear it again, but as "big sis" this time? It's such a new feeling you see? You too, little dark hair-! Call me Big Sis, if you have to think of it as the order of a Sage to do it, then go for it-!"

At this rate she was going to cause him to short out.

Mouth hanging slightly open, as if he couldn't quite believe he was actually staring at a sage behaving in this genki sort of way, there's a moment where he clearly has to battle himself, his traditional views clashing with themselves as he is forced to try to find some sort of loophole in order to both please his senior sorceress, while also keeping his traditionalist views intact.

"Uh, order huh... Um..."

He seemed to be failing at it.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Yoko Aoyama

"...Huh?"

If there was one thing he hadn't expected you to do, it was stop him.

Having gotten the vibe that he was confusing you somehow, and thus, planning on fixing your mood by removing himself from the equation, the light hand that grabs the back of his shirt, and the soft voice that pleads for assistance...

Strikes him dumb for a second.

If he was a weaker man he would have folded immediately, but stunned by the sheer number of conflicting vibes he was getting from you, this one last act is enough to throw a wrench into the solution that he had though would work out fine.

In fact, for a few moments, he hears the words but doesn't really process them, but when he does...

"Help?"

His reaction is one that can only be called natural, at least as far as he was concerned.

Boyish, sincere smile returning, the youth turns back, slightly re-energized by the fact that his first guess had apparently been the correct one.

"Sure, I'll help you, no problem! So what's wrong?"

Meanwhile...

Quote Originally Posted by Irmina
    Yokoooooo
    Yokoooooooooooooo
    The phone keeps vibrating...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Loraine Irwin
    Weather: Clear Skies, Chilly.

Lori smiled to herself at the ensuing chaos, as Vier seemed to have quite the reaction to her words. Meanwhile, the boy seemed to be about to shut down.

Lori’s smile sweetened as she looked towards the sorceress, speaking now in quite the sweet, cutesy voice. “Well… if it is an order… just this one time, Sis…”

“Vier Onee-sama!”

Sometimes, a girl just wants to watch the world burn.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Yoko Aoyama

Quote Originally Posted by ???
    ...Huh?

After I made my request for help, I realized exactly what I just did. I was going to involve someone else with HER. I can't get him involved with my issues. Or so I thought until I attempted to let go. I... just... couldn't... No matter how much I tried to let go... I felt my arm tense up.

"Help? Sure, I'll help you, no problem! So what's wrong?"

Naturally as soon he said that, SHE texted. She always was good at dramatic timings... All of it supposedly intended. Himari says that she's just really lucky but how else does she ambush everyone at the perfect time?!? She has to be one of those powerful Sage people that Kasumi occasionally talks about! There's no other reasonable explanation why she can always "conveniently" appear to trouble us!

Of course my rambling was all just a way for me to relax myself after realizing SHE still wants an answer. Since he wants to know, I handed him my phone with all of the text messages so that he knows what I need help with...

Blog Entries
    Kotetsu Shima

Shima managed to wrangle the phone out of one of its seemingly endless forms and back into the typical slide-phone as the Director's message set it to buzzing. A few twists and turns later, and he had it up before him.

Director Nagatani
    Do you know chess?

Shima
    Who doesn't?

Shima took another long, considering look at his phone, and delicately placed it on the seat beside him. The vibrations of the phone left him a little unsettled - if Naoto knew that, no, there'd be no end to the teasing...

The play of light across the screen got him to look back, just in time to see the screen expand and shrink again, turning into a little box next to the messaging 'app' that Naoto had downloaded onto it. He picked up the device again.

All that was left was a simple box with a question mark, with a word under it.

"Arbitrator."

It took Shima a second to realize he'd spoken out loud. He glanced around. No one seemed to have heard him, and the Director was too busy with a girl who seemed to have decorative fox ears on her head. Well, he'd been drilled, thoroughly, by several people on what to do here.

A swift finger sent the new box into the trash, and that was that.
    Last edited by Mooncake; October 4th, 2017 at 08:08 PM.
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Blog Entries
    Kotetsu Shima

The strange app disappears without a struggle.

While it was certainly not a normal thing to think, a part of you had expected it to put up far more of a fight than this; to the point where you had been mentally preparing yourself for the dreaded 'error' messages or 'system crashes' that inevitably accompanied the appearance of such random and bizarre programs as this, but...

It just vanishes.

Well, at least that was that.

With the principal still seemingly distracted by a sudden barrage of student activity, you're left with a few moments to simply observe the progress of the things around you; a lot of the students are getting up and heading back a car, as if drawn back there by something you can't really identify with your eyes, but judging by the light sound of ice moving around in something...

Was probably the movements of a cooler, or rather...

Someone back there had food or drinks, likely a teacher, and the students were reacting in the way that was most obvious, or perhaps, simply the most natural for a bunch of teenagers that had been shoved onto a train sometime shortly after midnight. Recognizing these things without reacting very hard to them, there is certainly a moment of contemplation, of whether or not you should get up and join the others in their no doubt relentless pressure to make an unfortunate sensei part with their food, but...

Before you can, your left arm starts to feel strange.

You can't really call it a pained feeling; it's something closer to the sensation of having one's blood drawn, almost like the prick of a particularly big mosquito, but...

It only lasts for a moment, long enough that you instinctively look for the bug, but short enough that it could have just as easily been a consequence of you moving your body in a weird way, or just a random flash from your crystal giving you a random symptom again...

Regardless, distracted for only a single moment, when your attention repairs itself you find...

That the app is there again, just sitting where it had been before on your phone, acting (could computer programs act?) as if the action of you deleting it was something that just hadn't happened mere moments before...

Huh.

More determined than Naoto had said they would be.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Yoko Aoyama

"Huh?"

Staring at the phone that had been gracefully handed over, that was the first and only response that you got from the young man for some time. His eyes glancing at you once as if to make sure he hadn't misunderstood the gesture, he then takes the time to carefully browse through all of the texts your phone had accumulated over this short period of activity.

"..."

A gently serious expression, the type that looked more suited for a kind teacher than a young teenager, then:

"So over-protective big sister type eh?"

Nodding to himself, the young man's smile goes back to being energetic rather than thoughtful.

"No problem, no problem, avoiding someone like that is easy," handing you back your phone, the young man's hands return to his pockets soon afterwards, "I'm not much of a sorcery guy, but science has one or two tricks of it's own."

A laugh:

"If you really want to avoid her, just stick with me once the train stops..."

A pause, this one contemplative, then-

"...And get ready to run."

-An amendment is added.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Loraine Irwin

"Excellent, excellent~!"

Nodding excitedly as you give into her (rather strange demands) for the purpose of watching the world of your fellow student metaphorically burn to the ground, it's with a look of slowly increasing shock that the honor's student realized he has been boxed into a lose-lose scenario for his psyche. The known delinquent had followed orders, but he was still resisting them, it was an irony that his mind takes a bit to process, but when it does...

Yes...

"Now come on, little dark hair! It's just two words! It can't be that hard, right?"

Not only was he being given a cute nickname... He...

"O-Okay Lady Vie-, I mean... Vier Onee Sama...?"

He had entered a far too casual relationship with one of the strongest mages on the planet.

"Oh god, you're so resistant it's become cute~"

One that seemed to be bordering the line of a sort of fetish with this...

"It reminds me of my school days! If there was one thing I missed from the islands, it was the little ones looking up to me like I was an idol! It's not the same as a crowd, but I have so many students now-! Oh this year will be fun~"

Smiling and laughing, that woman:

"But anyway, putting me aside," doing her best to hide her grin, but failing to erase it completely, the young woman's voice remains perpetually cheerful, "Let's talk more about you guys, now that I've got you here; as the present Sage I'm supposed to watch out for you guys, so if you've got any complaints about the city, or problems you can't seem to solve, I want you to tell me about em, okay?"

Acting like an actual teacher again, the woman relaxes her shoulders as she leans back.

"Having said that... How are things going for you so far? Bodies feel alright?"
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Yoko Aoyama

I watched him go through my text messages calmly and analytically desperately hoping that he can find a way out of this. His attitude reminded me a bit of Himari. A gentle but serious face when she was solving incidents in the city.

So over-protective big sister type eh?
    I feel like I should correct him on calling HER my sister, but that is how she acts towards me... To a very stifling degree.

No problem, no problem, avoiding someone like that is easy, I'm not much of a sorcery guy, but science has one or two tricks of it's own.
    I tilted my head at that. The power of science has the power to trick her? It sounds almost too good to be true, but my family is very old-fashioned so maybe we've overlooked it... Then again she's a mage too... So maybe it could work.

If you really want to avoid her, just stick with me once the train stops... And get ready to run.
    Wait run?! What does he have in mind? Because I can't help but picture Irmina casually sitting at where we run to. But the power of science can handle her right? So all I have to do is run... I might not be the fastest right now, but maybe I can fully activate this to keep up with him? Yes, I have to do this... Not going all out against her would be a mistake of the highest order!

I nod solemnly at his plan to run. Fully intent on going full (running) power against my family's greatest foe.

Blog Entries
    Tsugumi Uro

She hadn't expected you to fall out of your seat.

Reaching out further with her hand out of instinct as you plummet, the girl winces as you crash loudly against the metal floors of the effectively antique train; it is a movement that causes some stir out of your fellow students, some of whom burst into laughter at what they saw as an unfortunate reaction to being approached by a girl, while others make audible inquiries as to whether or not you're alright, and-

"Hmm? What did happen?"

Moving much like a black wind, the figure of the principal is already kneeling down at your side by the time you move your eyes away from Mizuki; she's down at eye level with you, arms wrapped lightly around her legs, and...

"Mizuki-chan scare you? She has a bad habit of that..."

While her tone is teasing, her eyes carry an obvious sort of innate concern.

"I-I didn't do anything this time-!"

Even though Mizuki's voice carries a more obvious indignation.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Tsugumi Uro

Being the centre of attention was the worst. Just a few seconds after his fall he could already hear people laughing and muttering. Were they comments how he was clumsy, stupid? Didn't matter, school hadn't even started yet and there would already be jokes, rumours and other preconceptions about him and Mizuki. Great.

He shook the haze from his head and reached out to his acquaintance but all he saw was a black wind as the principal practically materialised in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Principal Isako
    "Mizuki-chan scare you? She has a bad habit of that..."
    That speed was all to familiar to that purple wraith from earlier so Tsugumi naturally jolted as she appeared in front of them. Taking a moment to take a deep breath as Mizuki made an indignant reply, he straightened himself up and adjusted himself so he looked like somewhat less of a wreck.

"No no no, she didn't do nothing. Mizuki-chan's been fine."

His words were conveyed without emotions but his face was contorted in a fashion similar to that of a deer caught in headlights. But that aside:

"Tsugumi Uro, Third Year. Nephew of Naoko Arakawa who you may-or-may-not have bought a cafe for. I recently passed out and collapsed in front of everybody but aside from that, I'm dandy."

Having introduced himself to the Principal, he relaxed a bit and let some of the tension out of his system. He'd explained his situation without divulging incredibly vivid 'Dream' which due to it's peculiar nature was probably best not mentioned. His eyes glanced up at the older woman and her strong red eyes, powerful, domineering and yet not unwelcoming - no wonder his aunt hadn't already interacted with her. The thought finally passed that he should text her about that.

Regardless of Naoko's person affairs, he still had himself closed off to most of these things as the inevitable events were never fun. He looked around, the people who were still muttering, Mizuki standing in front of him, Principal Isako teasing whilst trying to hide actual concern, the boy staring at his phone who she just left in the dust. All he wanted was to go back into the crowd and not have to worry-

"Do I need to see a nurse Miss Isako?"

-but this morning it seemed as if he wasn't going to get his way in the real world or the dream world.

Blog Entries
    Lucas Guerrin
    Crystal: Phase 1

It was a clear cut goodbye.

Treating it much like a deal until the end, it takes you some effort to break off the flow of the conversation, to force your way through the awkwardness of a goodbye with someone who had wound up taking up far more of your time than you had expected, but ultimately, it seemed like things had gone well for you. A new, seemingly trustworthy contact, photos of the girl with which to bribe Hailey if the need ever arose, and even an impromptu breakfast...

Yes, things had gone well.

Even your teasing had gone off without much repercussion, which is why...

"Ugh... How did I let her talk me into getting on this train... Things make me feel ill..."

It seems your karma had been made manifest in a different way.

Recognizing that voice even without turning around, your mind immediately puts a picture together when it is accompanied by the sound of a door sliding open, yes:

Ariel had been in the next cabin over, the one that Rhea had been guarding when you had first run into her. Her voice is familiar, to you who continually play cat and mouse, the reality is that in this scenario you are in no uncertain terms the mouse and-

"We really need to get this train upgraded too, I know Tomobiki is all old timey and everything, but it's time to get with the current century."

-Your only solace is that she hasn't seemed to have noticed your presence yet.

But knowing her, if you didn't act quickly-!
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Kotetsu Shima

"Huh."

Shima looked blankly at his phone before putting it back down. He'd expected something a little more obnoxious or complicated, but modern technology was getting good at being convenient, he had to admit. At least it didn't play music.

It didn't look like the director had replied, and considering she was getting swamped with questions, she probably wouldn't for a while. He couldn't underestimate her, though. For all Shima knew she was so good at not paying attention that she could learn someone's life story without listening.

He took another look around, taking in the blurring of the land outside as the sun began to rise. The countryside was beautiful, at least...

Something twitched in his arm, and Shima let out a hiss. It felt like a large mosquito bite, but he didn't see any on the train - he appreciated that. Bugs got on his nerves.

Let's see, Naoto's probably asleep, and I don't know anybody else here...

Shima would be hard-pressed on the best of days to say he was out-going, having made only one friend through a combination of slightly bizarre events. He wasn't sure if something was going to change about that in the future, here, but he didn't feel particularly strange or feverish so he assumed he'd blend into the background like always.

While Shima was musing on the future, his glance fell on the phone again.

Arbitrator.

He frowned and deleted it.

I didn't realize those things were so persistent.
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Blog Entries
    Lucas Guerrin

Lucas took a short moment to acknowledge the way things had majorly improved for him. On his way back towards the first car, his mood was much more serene, to the point that he could now contemplate what to do with his weekly schedule. It was only a fleeting instant of relaxation, but his guard lowered ever so slightly. Creating a window of opportunity large enough to allow a quirk of fate to sucker punch him with rusted spiky brass knuckles in the gonads.

Lucas stopped moving when a familiar inflection reached him.

A heartbeat passed.

Like a clock arrow, the boy followed a slow, jolting rotation to face the dreaded menace that had casually entered the field. His expression was frozen in complete surprise, his eyebrows raised high and his mouth a mere line. Claiming that he didn't expect her presence was a gross understatement. Without even so much as a twitch on his face, he engaged the best protocol in such a situation; bailing the fuck out.

Before Ariel could be given a chance to identify him, Lucas had jumped out the nearest window and off the train. Screw finishing the ride while dealing with Ariel, he could reach the train station on foot. There wasn't much distance left to cover anyway.

Why finish the rest of the journey in a metal box when you could enjoy the sunrise with a morning jog?

Of course, Lucas' improvised plan didn't take inertia in account. And even though he attempted an emergency roll to cushion the worst of it, landing on gravel and having to use a tree trunk to stop your motion did not register as actually a good idea.

It was thus with a slightly limping leg that he pushed on.

Well, it's not like I'm in a hurry.
    Last edited by Daiki; October 5th, 2017 at 01:28 PM.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Loraine Irwin

Lori laughed to herself as she watched the poor honor’s student be trapped between a rock and a hard place, forced to call one of the Sages ‘onee-sama’… this was her revenge for trying to lecture her, damnit. Not even Zehn got away with that!

Okay, Kuon got away with that because not even Lori dared to anger her and Sieben got away with that because she was just that much of a pain in the ass. Details aside.

After a fit of what Lori can describe as ‘being overwhelmed by moe’, Vier finally got back into being serious. Sort of serious. Either way, she was directing some teacher-like concern on their way.

“Ah, I’ll be sure to rely on Sis if anything happens.” Flashing the older girl a grin, Lori relaxed on her seat, feeling more at ease after the earlier scene. “I’m okay, my body is alright, I’ve yet to experience any sort of side-effect anyway…”

She shrugged… “Not very comfortable with the whole being tracked thing.” She confessed. She was mostly curious about what Vier would say about that. A necessary evil, probably, but didn’t mean she had to like it.

And then, someone just up and jumped out of the train, leaving Lori completely speechless.

“Well, that’s a thing that happened.”

She paused and considered for a moment. “Want me to go fetch him?”

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Alicia Val Florence

“Positive connotations you say?”

The color of the sky, the color of freedom and the ever-expanding horizon. Yes, for people like her, it was indeed a very good match.

“Well, it is a noble and admirable color. I suppose that I will keep mine as to treasure our good Director’s insight!”

Of course, the fact that she had picked up on Alicia’s name was no surprise at all. Director Nagatani was in the end, the Director of the place she’d been assigned to -- though this was a proof of her diligence and awareness.

After this short exchange, Alicia seemed to get lost in the menus of her phone once more, though this time, she wasn’t investigating, rather, she figured that she might as well send a message to a certain ‘someone’ to announce her imminent arrival.

Message to Tsukishima Haruka:”Bonjour! I just got this fancy new phone so I figured I’d text you~ Already at some archery range practicing Kyuudou like you always do? Looking forward to meet you soon ( ^ _^)/”

Once the message was sent, the rays of sunlight from the rising sun caught Alicia’s attention, and without knowing it, the young woman began admiring the landscape as the pale moonlight faded and gave way to the radiant red of the coming dawn.

Perhaps that she enjoyed it a bit too much, but then, this allowed her to escape from the confines of the train to a certain extent.

------

The gentle rumble makes the scenery all the more hypnotic.

Focusing on the motions, the changing lights of the outside, in order to take your mind off the more confined nature of your surroundings, it’s only with a half aware mind that you note the movements of the others within the interior of the train; the silence has become a dull rumble, and many of those that had been sleeping move from the first car to the one further back, as if drawn there by someone or something that you’re unaware of, but...

Such things remain at the back of your thoughts, the seat next to you was empty, so the sudden movements of passengers were things that had yet to violate the outer edges of your personal bubble, so it was fine to ignore it, at least...

“My, the teacher pulls out a cooler in the back, and the students go running for it almost immediately... And then people see someone cosplaying and go crazy about it... Such easy reactions...”

The voice of a young woman emerges from close by, but it’s not particularly notable until:

“Excuse me, Mademoiselle?”

You realize that whoever it is, has started aiming her words at you, the word Mademoiselle spoken with a clear french accent, as if she knew that such a thing was the best way to jar your attention from the window.

The owner of the voice is a pale blonde with intelligent eyes, an open book in one hand, her other adjusting the brim of her glasses, she looks like a person who had just been interrupted from reading the novel in question, although a quick glance revealed it to be...

‘Tomobiki: A History’

A history book?

“You seem to have remained relatively calm; would you mind much if I sit next to you? My old seat is currently being assaulted with certain unrestrained eyes, so it’s become a bit difficult to read in peace.”

------

“Why, of course, you are most welcome to have a seat.”

She answers candidly, welcoming the newcomer without much hesitation. While she had not said much, Alicia’s body language and facial expression indicated quite clearly that this turn of events did not displease her or unsettle her in the slightest.

“I see that you know a little bit of French, and have a good accent on top of that! May I perchance know where you’ve learnt the language?”

The red-haired girl chuckles a little bit as she takes another proper look at her new prospective ‘neighbor’. She appears to be the kind to prefer good silence and company of books -- well, the reason she’s come here most definitely enforces that image, though as the saying goes, one should definitely not judge a book by their cover!

Speaking of books, the one which the girl is holding proves to be rather interesting. Indeed, with everything happening to suddenly, and perhaps because that information would probably be accessible anyways via her Sleipnir connections, Alicia hadn’t really bothered looking up Tomobiki in advance, or at least, take in the history and legacy that such a place held.

“Oh, apologies if I am a little bit too nosy, but I was wondering, how handy is this book that you’re reading? Getting to know the town before we make it in there, that is quite a bit of attention to detail that you have, very thoughtful indeed.”

-----

“Well, so far it’s been pretty standard fare.”

Taking a seat with a light smile, one that was almost professionally polite, the young woman answers the question without opening the book further, allowing it to simply dwell in her lap for the moment.

“I am not new to traveling, I have been to many parts of the world purely for curiosity’s sake, and it is there that I've learned a few different tongues, but it is always my habit to research before I head out,”speaking easily to you, as if the fact that you were an effective stranger did not much matter to the girl, she sighs, “Due to the sudden circumstances, I wasn’t given quite as much time to become familiar with my destination as I would like, and thus here I am, trying to do it last minute even though at this point, it might just be more practical to explore it all with my own eyes.”

A light, joking sort of self-deprecation.

“There aren’t too many books on it’s history, strangely enough. As far as the book itself is concerned, the place just started as a small coal-mining town, nothing really bizarre, so it’s a pretty boring story all things considered... Well, the inn is apparently a town landmark famous for it’s “Healing Springs,” and the Nagatani Family are basically royalty in town so that was nice to know...”

A pause, as if attempting to remember more, then:

“A few pages back there was some notes about abandoned shrines and ghosts of maidens... Really it seems like the book is filling it’s page space with urban legends and the like more than actual history, but at least it’s starting to pick up.”

The smile replaces the contemplative look.

“Ultimately, it was probably most useful for killing time on the way here; I’m not to good at taking naps inside cars, let alone trains...”

------

Finding a certain sort of kindred spirit is quite pleasing for Alicia, and she can seldom contain her candidness at such a chance meeting.

“That makes two of us then, if I dare say! Ahaha, I find it hard to make myself comfortable in such cramped transports...”

Alicia knows not to dwell too long on that point, since the source of the discomfort the two share is probably different both in scale and nature…

“I believe indeed that getting a proper tour from the locals would be better though, for a more authentic experience -- or even, have you thought of using this new device we’ve been handed? It would be surprising if it didn’t have something that showcases the history and main attractions of our ‘new home’...”

Figuring that she might as well do it, Alicia decides to look up information on Tomobiki while continuing her conversation with the blonde girl… and concerning that, it seems like a question that should’ve been asked since a while had been somewhat forgotten.

“...by the way, it would be a little bit strange for us to keep talking and not knowing each other’s name -- my name is Alicia, Alicia Val Florence, who do I have the pleasure of speaking to?”

------

“Ah yes, introductions, forgive me,” smiling lightly and without embarrassment, the girl that had forgotten her usual manners nevertheless seems sincerely friendly, “My name is Eliza, Eliza Clarke.”

Glancing at your phone as the conversation continues, the topic allowing you to do so without coming across as too rude, you do find that the device has a particularly detailed visual map of the city in question; the sort of map that sorted information by area, and only openly displayed it when you tapped on the sections in question, like a sort of digital brochure.

Landmarks like the Hospital that the principal had spoken of stood out, directly in the center of town, but connected to Northern Cross Academy by what seemed to be a series of underground tunnels (that were likely only present on Union phones), it was one of only a few bigger structures in town, the others being the “Stray Sheep” Inn, and the student dormitories.

Most of the rest of the map was the forest and mines (both of which students were apparently banned from approaching Sleipnir excluded, and even then people like you were still banned from the coal mines for safety purposes) simple residential districts and small family-owned stores; there didn’t seem to be any major chain stores or even a mall, although a Department Store called “Loveless,” was apparently being built near the train station, which, according to the map, you would arrive at in about six or so minutes...

“Yes, I did consider use of the new device,” getting back around to your observation, the blonde young woman straightens out her jacket with a carefree hand, “But I had already purchased this book. Had to shop online to do it since there don’t seem to be many, and thus, my pride demands that I at least read it all the way through, investment logic you know?”

A light laugh, then:

“But I think I’ll still take a tour if they offer it to me.”

------

“A delight to meet you, Eliza

Alicia’s courteous and bright demeanor matched her words. Her intonation and body language suggested a courtesy that was not merely formalities between two strangers, but something of a strangely nobler origin; similar.

And I see, well, it certainly makes sense to milk every single piece of value of whatever you buy,” Alicia nods.

A principle similar to her own, really, where letting things go to waste was not something the red-haired woman would approve of, or allow herself to do. Though she lived in a rather grandiose and prim manner, Alicia still had a sense of ‘responsibility’ towards having ‘[/FONT][FONT=Arial]rich woman's sense of frugality’.

“I suppose that I will leave you to make the most out of the time left to read this book too -- if you need anything or want to know anything, feel free to ask me. Speech is silver, silence is gold; isn’t that how goes the saying?”

]------

"Yes, I believe so."

Taking a moment to think about the saying in question, the girl again responds to words with a politeness that borders on nobility, smiling gently in the golden light of the morning sun.

"And the offer is likewise, if you wish to ask anything of me, I will gladly share what I know-"

"We will be arriving at the Tomobiki Terminal momentarily, passengers headed for Tomobiki City, please take this time to gather up your belongings now."

A male, electronic voice calls out the end of the journey's beginning.

"-Or perhaps, if you need help with your luggage."

Changing her words as she becomes aware of the journey's end, the young woman throws a simple backpack over her shoulder, slipping the book into one of the sleeves as she goes.

"I didn't bring that much with me, so my hands are free."

---

Watanabe Yuuki

"Free fortunes huh?"

She seems to take a moment to think about it, as if she expected you to be hanging desperately onto the edge of your seat for her answer, but:

"Yeah sure, why not."

She seems to get bored of the needless draw-out herself, and ultimately responds in a casual sort of way.

"If you want, you can even be my assistant! Work the lights or something, drama is all about the lighting you know-"

"We will be arriving at the Tomobiki Terminal momentarily, passengers headed for Tomobiki City, please take this time to gather up your belongings now."

"-Andddd seems like we're really almost there," cutting herself off with one closed eye and the usual grin at the sound of a slightly distorted electronic voice coming out over antiquated speakers, the girl stands to remove her bags from the holding areas above, "Well, just think about it, k?"

---

Kotetsu Shima

Huh?

Had it really been that long?

Having gotten into a sort of deletion war with your phone, or rather, the malware that seems to be trying to get your attention with an insane persistence, it seems that either a large chunk of time had passed during your focus war, or you were a lot closer to the area than you had first thought...

Either way...

This thing was annoying.

At first it had been cute about it, only reappearing when you happened to look away from your computer screen, but after the eighth of so deletion it had just started to pop back up right before your eyes as if it was some sort of long-lived demon king, lauding it's existence in your face as it dared you to slay it, or...

Perhaps it was more like a fish that you kept catching and throwing back because it's weight was lacking?

Either way... Seemed like things would be coming to a stop soon, so for now...

Luggage it was...

---

Loraine Irwin

"Yes, the tracking..."

It was the topic she had expected to appear, and one of the few worries that she couldn't completely erase due to the circumstances.

However...

"Agency policy dictates that we're supposed to monitor you at all times, however, Isako doesn't follow those rules to the letter," whispering a bit, as if this kind of information was something she didn't want just floating around freely, the woman's voice is soft, "Really, she has it set up so that other than her phone, we can only see positions if there's something physically wrong with you, if the bracelet stops functioning for whatever reason, or there's an emergency situation in town, and that's all because we'd rather not have a bunch of damaged kids on our hands. We could look more if we wanted, I won't lie, the potential is there... But our policy is to give you as much space as possible, we know no one likes the big brother treatment."

She could be lying, as the teacher here, and one that was clearly familiar with how the system was setup, she could say whatever she wanted and you'd have to take it as truth, but really, what it all came down to, was...

Whether or not you trusted what any of the teachers were saying, but if you didn't...

It'd be a rough, paranoia filled year...

At the very least she didn't seem to be lying, but it also seemed like this was the best she could do to assuage your discomfort, of course-

"Oh dear..."

Someone throwing themselves boldly through the windows of a moving train, did quite a bit to distract the three at your little table. To be honest, that sort of scene should be cause for an alarm, with how serious they were taking the security, you half expected the older woman to snap her fingers and relocate the boy back into the center of the train, but when you ask if you should perform this duty in her stead, that woman...

"No, it's fine."

Just laughs.

"His partner was authorized to grab him if he tried to bail, and-"

"-we're like a minute away anyways."

Winking once, the woman turns back to Ariel, who had emerged yawning from the room in the back and:

"Scared him off again, Ari~"

"Eh?"

---

Lucas Guerrin

Now that you were a Union, your body had taken to impacts of this sort better, but the unfortunate angle with which you had smashed your leg into a tree had proved to be a bit more of an annoyance, and thus, you had ironically acquired a limp in your attempts to evade a certain red-haired doctor.

Of course, it had let you avoid her so-!

No regrets.

Telling yourself this in order to take your mind off that particular close encounter, and watching the train vanish into the distance, you let out a breath you hadn't known you were holding, knowing now, without a doubt, that you had certainly gotten away.

"..."

Had it been worth it?

Use of your phone's map dictated that the city was just beyond an upcoming bridge and a few hills, it was a pain to jog, but at the same time, if you thought about it, this could just be your cardio training for the day, yes-!

Having convinced yourself that you certainly didn't regret leaping from a moving vehicle, there is certainly some relief...

"Hey, Mr. bailout-!"

When you hear the sound of a motorcycle and see...

Hailey driving back along the railroad tracks to you.

You don't know where she got the motorcycle from, and why she seems determined to pick you up while pulling a drift turn, but-!

You weren't in much of a position to resist-!

---

Tsugumi Uro

"Oh, the cafe? It was mine to begin with, so I just handed it over to someone who would actually use it. The building's been empty for awhile, so I figured why not, you know? Just a building, I've got a few of em actually."

There are many things wrong with that reasoning, but she doesn't seem to notice them, or rather, much like Mizuki said, the sheer sincerity you feel from this woman's words... Implies that her idea of wealth was quite different from that of most other people.

Yes.

Kneeling next to you, aura carefree but powerful, hand on your forehead as if to check your temperature...

It kinda feels like some sort of queen is fussing over you...

"Last time I spoke with your aunt she was looking for workers... Oh that's right, Mizuki, I put in an application for you already."

"Wait what... Why?!"

"Part time work would do you good~"

"You... You..."

"Anyway that aside," teasing smile turning from her 'niece' back to you, the teasing tone fades, "As for if you need to see a nurse... Well, I'm a doctor too, you look alright to me, and all your scans are fine..."

The hand that rested on your forehead, comes to rest on the top of your head as she pats you once.

"I think you're alright, but if you want to be looked at more closely for piece of mind I've made sure Ariel's free for pretty much all of today-"

"-And there's the bell, looks like we're here."

---

Everyone (Including Lucas who was kidnapped by Hailey)
    Train Station, Tomobiki Outskirts
    Phase: Morning

(BGM On)

It was quite the gentle stop for an antique.

The swift, rumbling nature of the train's movement had slowed to a lull long before it came to a complete stop, the conductor avoiding the uncomfortable lurch that often appeared in the final moments of the usual antique ride. With the year being what it was, the sight of this particularly old train, one that had been used to transport coal back in the mid 1900s moving around was a sight in and of itself, and for the people of Tomobiki it was yet another reminder that they existed in a world that technology had seemingly left in the dust.

As the bonds of a prologue begin to wind down towards an ending, the passengers do as they must and disembark alongside new acquaintances as well as strangers. The sun is truly in the sky now, and while the birds have gone silent with the last roars of the steel tyrant of the track, and while there is certainly the sound of an approaching motorcycle getting closer and closer, moving along train tracks to the light discomfort of a certain Lucas, the attention of most of the students is fixed upon the principal that lead the pack from the confines of their metallic box-

"And with this, the train ride is over, I hope everyone enjoyed it!" Squinting in the weaker sun, the woman nevertheless continues with a strong voice that was used to projecting itself, "Opening ceremonies and the like are tomorrow, so you're free to do whatever you'd like for the rest of the day. Luggage, if left behind, will be taken directly to your dorm rooms, so don't worry too much about that."

-But only most.

Withdrawing a certain item from his pocket as Yoko follows closely behind, a certain blonde young man seems to vanish the moment the two of them step to the side, leaving the train last on purpose, and sneaking away under the cover of something that doesn't make sense to Yoko, but certainly erases them from sight of everyone but a certain vampire.

"It's a lot of freedom, I know. Full functionality should have been restored to your phones now, your friends from home got the basic tour yesterday, and have probably gotten mixed up with a few things already, so why not go see what they're up to?"

Smiling in a more mysterious way now, the woman raises one hand to her waist.

"My number, as well as that of the rest of the school staff, are auto-programmed into the contact lists, one of us should always be available, so feel free to call if something comes up. Also, our numbers can't be deleted, so spare our feelings please~" Winking once, the woman moves to leave, sincerely intending to let the students do whatever they wanted, before turning back again as if she had remembered something, "As for me, I'm heading off to get breakfast in town, the cafe "Moon Under Water." Any students that wish to join me can do so, it'll be on me this time."

Saying so with the usual cool smile, the dark-haired woman raises her hand in farewell again as she walks away...

Past a certain Einzbern (who seems to have gotten taller) who had a certain girl in a surprisingly strong but friendly headlock.

"I know you're here Yoko! You can't just sneak past, I have Kasumi!"

"S-Save yourself Yoko! Get off me, you demon-! Geez... You spend all your time reading, how are you this strong?!"

"I've always been as strong as I needed to be dear."

Yes...

Sneaking away with a blonde young man under the curtain of what was almost certainly a cloaking device...

It seems that a certain flaw in a certain plan has become clear...

Welcome to Tomobiki!

A Review on Calendar System/Types of Events!

Now, the first thing to remember is that each player is given four events per week to use as they see fit. These event tokens are used to participate in events that take place over the week, events that a token are not used on are considered to be skipped; for one reason or another, even if it was important, the character was either unable to attend, or if mandatory, such as a hospital visit, nothing extra happened while they were there.

Events have different types:

Normal Events: Shorter events that can be used at any point of the week. Character travels to a point dictated by the player, for reasons also dictated by the player. (Going fishing at the lake, shopping, attending a job, investigating a suspicious area, etc) Depending upon the chosen time and location, unique events may trigger, you may meet someone new to form a Fate Link with, you may stumble across some random trinket of interest, or may simply be compensated for the time spent. (Money for a day's work, etc.)

All in all, they are shorter events that can normally be resolved over one or two posts, barring the triggering of a “special” event due to good timing and scene choice on the part of the player.

Normal Events used during the 'School' block during mandatory school days (Monday-Saturday) are considered to be 'School' events instead, and 'attending' these events not only increase one's capability to excel on the next exam, but may give the opportunity to impress/disappoint/be beamed in the head with a piece of chalk by, your teachers, and affect your reputation in the academy.

Using a normal event for general purposes like 'Studying' or 'Physical Training' won't have immediate results, but being consistent with your efforts will eventually lead to an upgrade to the character. Friendship Events that involve studying or training with friends have better results than doing those sorts of things alone.

Going to a Dungeon (when one is found) is done through the use of a Normal Event.

Friendship Events: Events that take place with a specific friend, and appear once a high enough Fate Link with the character is established, making it easier to raise your level with them. Love Events are a sub-type of these.

TOi Events: Events that don't revolve around you, but rather appear because of rumors you’ve heard by ear or through TOi, such as a vampire stalking the streets on certain nights. Considered dangerous events because they can result in fighting, however, they can also be completely harmless.

Arc Events: Events that move along the story of the current arc/personal story of the character, or are, at the very least, heavily connected to it. While not mandatory, it is advised that you attend these if possible, because they yield not only story, but occasionally rewards.

Distortion Events: Events that halt the progress of the RP until everyone is finished with them, as their method of resolution will affect everything that comes after it. Tend to be the climaxes of Arcs, the day is played out from the start to the end in a more usual RP fashion. Failure to perform here can, and likely will, lead to deaths and Phenomena Intervention; if a villain or other sort of problem exists, they will most likely have to be dealt with in some fashion here if time is to progress any further. Event tokens are not necessary to attend these sorts of events, as every character is at risk during them.

While one does not have to use all four of their events, it is recommended that they do as much as possible, as unused events do not carry on to the next week. If you get skipped, you get skipped, and that potential progress vanishes along with it. Events are done in chronological order, and as such, a character’s TOi may update itself as the week progresses and new opportunities are created or discovered.

When everyone has finished the week, if there’s not a big event that demands everyone’s attention, a new TOi schedule will be created for the next week, and things will continue from there.

When moving from one scene to the next, a certain type of format will be applied at the end of the post by the player, assuming the current scene is the early morning (a special prologue time) of April 13th for instance like it currently is for Yoko, when moving forward you would put:

>>>

Date: Monday, April 13th
    Phase: Morning
    Event Name/Where you intend to go: "Irmina & Kasumi & ???: A Demon Called Onee-San"

or

Monday, April 13th
    Morning
    "Irmina & Kasumi & ???: A Demon Called Onee-San"

>>>

Which makes it clear to the GM at what point you intend to stop next. You can skip days if you please, however, once you have reached a day you cannot go backwards in time from that point, so think about it carefully.

Ally Conditions

While not entirely relevant as of this moment, both PCs and NPCs can have additional conditions that affect their behavior in both daily life and in combat scenarios.

A character is always in one of four conditions, and those conditions are as follows:

Great: Character is not only healthy, but actually performing well above their usual efficiency. The only condition that is a net positive, it can trigger randomly or by events, and has a number of positive benefits including a resistance to fatigue and crystal degradation, a temporary rank up to all of their stats, greater stamina and morale during dungeon sections, and even increased returns from things like studying or training.

Great Status lasts for an entire week if the character doesn't do anything particularly stressful, but will be brought back down to Good or Tired after the end of a Dungeon Run or Unexpected Battle.

Good:
    Normal status. No positive or negatives. The most common status.

Tired: Character is suffering from fatigue, and thus their general effectiveness suffers as a result. Effects of stats are reduced, thus it becomes possible to fail checks you would normally pass, and the use of Drive causes greater degradation of your crystal than if you were to use it in your normal state. Likely to occur shortly after leaving a dungeon or serious battle, and lingers for a day or two due to the nature of a Union's body. While character is still mostly effective in this state, and can still be brought along as an ally if they like you and it's important, pushing them too much will almost always result in the 'Sick' status.

Sick: Character is physically ill, whether as a result of the Union Virus taking advantage of them pushing their tired body, or simply by a bad stroke of luck. Stats are halved, use of drive always bears the risk of sudden phase change (unless strange red), and events that involve them may disappear from the TOi schedule (albeit, visiting them at the doctor becomes possible). In the event that the PC is sick instead, TOi schedule may shift dramatically to reflect the current inability of their body.

Sick characters can be brought along if the situation is dire, but it will clearly put their life at risk. Condition will resolve over the course of a week or so depending upon it's cause, but it's existence means you shouldn't rely on any one ally too much, even your Companion.

In the event that you yourself are sick, take it easy:

Sometimes you just gotta lay in bed and stare at the sky.

The status of friendly characters will appear on your TOi, but for now, everyone is at Good even if it doesn't say so at the moment.

TOi Schedules: April 11th-17th

Lucas
    Yuuki
    Uro
    Shima
    Alicia
    Loraine
    Yoko
    Last edited by Airen; October 6th, 2017 at 06:22 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai