The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Kotetsu Shima
    ???
    Date: April 11th, 2056
    Weather: Clear Skies
    Event Stock: 2

"A turning point in your destiny, of course."

The smile assures that it knows this answer isn't entirely helpful, indeed, it's a small smile that seems to be enjoying some aspect of your reactions, but the feeling you continue to maintain from it in spite of that is that it is "emotionless."

"To say too much is to interfere with your free will, ah, but I suppose I should also say, to interfere too much is to stop you from doing whatever it is you decide to do, and that goes against my programming... For now I am simply a watcher, someone who illuminates things that may otherwise go unnoticed, you can think of me as that sort of being for now."

Continuing to speak in a manner that just confuses you more and more, the voice gets rougher after this...

"That said, all of your answers were correct. Those things are here, definitely here, and that's the problem, there shouldn't be anything in this place. Or well, I guess it's more correct to say this place shouldn't exist at all, but it does, and so here we are, along with many that should have disappeared already."

Once more, a school bell rings in the distance.

An old-fashioned bell, loud and clear and vibrant, still without true source but clearly originating from somewhere in the north.

You had only heard it once before, but that's enough to say...

..That it's identical to the Northern Cross Academy evening bell.

"And so I thought I'd let you know. In that place, someone who has already disappeared may be able to be found and retrieved; it has little to do with you for now, but I think it's worth noting, even if you happen to forget."
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Lucas Guerrin
    Shopping District, Tomobiki
    Morning
    April 13th, 2056
    Event Stock: 0

"Sure I'll eat it, but it's just for emergencies."

Seemingly slightly surprised by the light show of half-concern, the woman also seems to feel the need to justify it now that you've called her out on it.

"They're handy for the all-nighters, come in different enough flavors that they never get completely boring... The sodium content is rather high admittedly, but there are supplements I can take to balance that out short term... So nah, no real food poisoning plans; if I started experimenting on you, your continued insistence on eating Hailey's meals would finish you off."

Slightly narrower eyes, then...

"But don't worry about me. Aoi-chan normally cooks my meals for me, the kitchen's alchemical processes are a bit too mundane for my tastes, experimenting with flavor combinations never ends great for me, so she's a really convenient little sister type~"

There's a strange amount of pride in that statement, for someone who seemed to be shamelessly taking advantage of the principal's younger sister as a sibling all their own in order to avoid learning how to really cook herself...

"But if you're really worried about me, why don't you make me something balanced, hmm? A little token of appreciation for the doctor?"

How serious she was with this suggestion...

Wasn't entirely apparent.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Tsugumi Uro
    Evening, April 12th, 2056
    Event Stock: 1
    Union Phase: 1

(BGM On)

Your method of escape from the situation had been to volunteer for dinner duty.

It was, perhaps, amongst the most noble of the possible methods, but at the same time it guaranteed that the others would be judging your food this early on after meeting you, especially because you had sorta talked yourself up by using it as a method of 'apology.'

But things had certainly seemed to get less awkward, at least, you didn't feel any sort of invisible tension coming from within the other room anymore, and...

You were used to this sort of thing anyway, after all...

...Your mentality and skill-set had hints of house-husbandry to them.

So back into the kitchen it was; seeing as how this was going to be an actual cafe in a week or so, there were already small amounts of food here in stock; not enough for business, but enough for being able to practice cooking and botch one or two attempts without encountering a real problem. The ingredients were mostly British and American in nature, sausage, bacon, flour pepper and eggs amongst other things; and while you at first think there's only stuff here for breakfast...

Seemed like there was some fish, beans and potatoes as well...

"..."

Listening to the muffled sound of conversation in the room over...

Looked like it was up to you to do your very best-!
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Tsugumi Uro

(BGM On)

This was workable, especially given his forte in food was with English dishes. Tsugumi usually only cooked for him and his aunt so he'd have to double his quantities. With the selection of food, the natural choice was to make a traditional Full-English Fry Up. Now although to would be simple enough to make, filling and quite nice if Tsugumi didn't say so himself, it wasn't really fitting for a dinner choice. Funnily enough, the fry up was his second choice for breakfasts.

However-

Fish, beans and potatoes as well...

An idea came across Tsugumi.

While he couldn't do his signature English Sunday Roast (due to lack of ingredients and the fact it wasn't Sunday), there was a different opportunity that presented itself. It would be easy enough and given how often he cooked... Well, even if the dish didn't go well it wasn't as if the result would never be so poor that it could send Drive Unions to the med bay.

Taking the fish and beans to the side for use; he decided that the bacon would be more suited for the side piece to the central fish. His first choice would have been chorizo but English breakfast sausages were hearty and not placed well with something as delicate as fish. Tsugumi washed his hands, checked the sharpness of the knives, set up with foil and now he could begin. Here, he would focus and do his best not to listen into the three girls in the other room, he had made things bad enough earlier.

Firstly, he set the grill on and boiled a full kettle of water. Getting out some olive oil, he poured about one teaspoons worth onto a large frying pan and put some bacon on. Tsugumi started the grill low as he could take a shortcut with chorizo and start at high heat but from past experience he couldn't do that with bacon. Letting it cook low for a bit, be began to turn the temperature up before pouring off the grease slowly to avoid burning himself or making a mess.

He then got out an onion, never ever a centrepiece in a dish but always as an important component in dishes, he made a habit of always having a few back up in his kitchen. Chopping the onion quite finely, he added it the the pan and let it fry for a few minutes, making sure it was done right but not waiting too long for it to burn. Tsugumi waited for the onion to be soft and golden.

Meanwhile, he put whatever greenery on hand (usually spinach in this case) in a colander, slowly pouring over the boiled water to wilt it, then running under the cold tap. Then he squeezed out the excess water using hs hands, then set it aside. Lining a baking tray with foil, Tsugumi rubbed with a little oil and place the fish on top. Seasoning a little, his prefered spice with this dish was paprika before adding a little drizzle of oil.

Without any chilli on hand, Tsugumi opted for the peppers, adding it to the pan and letting fry for a few minutes before adding the beans, greenery as well as some lemon juice and some extra virgin olive oil. Letting it warm through gently, he seasoned it to taste.

Returning to the fish which was calling out to be cooked, he grilled seperately it until it was flaky but not dry, a critical point. When that was done, Tsugumi spooned the bean mixture onto plates, then carefully topped with the fish and residue juices. All that was needed was a dollop of garlic mayonnaise.

Blog Entries
    Lucas Guerrin
    Morning
    April 13th, 2056

"Oh fine," Lucas finally declared after a long pause. "I'll make something. But it's not like I care about you as an individual. This is all for the sake of my own health. Since I'm bound to spend time with you, I would sleep better knowing you won't cause me trouble because of your eating habits."

When he had woken up in the morning, he certainly did not expect playing personal cook for Ariel, out of all people. Hailey, he was used to it, since it was a question of plain survival. Still, there was something odd about feeding your enemy. And poisoning was not even allowed. It was most definitely a no win scenario.

In the end, Lucas opted not to think deeply about it, lest he ended up questioning his own sanity. It was without a doubt his way to escape the confines of reality, but it was his own way to cope with an uncomfortable fact.

He ended up picking items, with, he assumed, Ariel in tow, preferring stuff he had used before rather than entirely unknown ingredients. Fortunately, the shopping district had enough essentials that even someone who cooked western food on a rather average level would find choice aplenty. He didn't know watermelons could be square-shaped though.

Japan for you, I guess.

"People keep mentioning Nagatani Aoi, by the way. Thought people would be all over the vampire, but I suppose the younger's the one who keeps the whole foundation standing."

Eyeing Ariel, Lucas could certainly come to believe that. If Aoi was indeed responsible for the scientists' meals and, he expected, her own sister's as well, who was rather infamous for her own... twist about cooking, it was enough to draw a rough personality sketch.

The kind of girl that looks after others. Maybe because she was afraid of what would happen if these two were to be left to their own devices. Or she was the patient, perhaps, even, benevolent kind. Likely used to social interactions since she worked as a clerk too, and supposedly was
    an easy prey
    a reliable little sister
    for those with no scruples to exploit her.

The very same girl that had been marked by Hailey.

Lucas felt a vague feeling of pity for a person he had yet to meet. If Hailey's romantic losing streak wasn't so bad, why, he might even have found in himself to warn the girl for what was coming. There were other dangers to be wary of but...

Since she can cook, she should be relatively safe in that regard.

"What kind of person is she," he asked Ariel with no preamble, "Besides the obvious masochistic tendencies, that is."

Still, he was curious how the girl managed a part-time job, being a member of an extra-scholar club, dealing with her own school life and looking after others. Was it a case of someone who couldn't find the time of the day for themselves? What was the point of escaping death by a thread if you could not make time to enjoy life?

Another weirdo, huh?

But at least, this one could actually cook. An overall improvement.

Blog Entries
    Watanabe Yuuki
    Northern Cross Academy, Hidden Examination Room
    April 15th, 2056
    Heavy Rain

For the first couple of seconds, nothing really seems to happen in the experiment. The black stone is cold, unlike your own Union Crystal which always seemed to feel warm -to even pulse like a heart at times- and while it's really smooth and almost looks valuable, it's properties besides that remain a complete unknown to you.

Until it starts to warm up in your grip, and a bizarre feeling radiates out from the point of contact. While the sensation itself is difficult to describe, with the closest you can get being similar to the feeling of a medicine being directly absorbed by the skin, you can at least say that it doesn't hurt; or rather...

The sensation is almost opposite that of pain, it feels strangely pleasant, an odd buzzing sensation that spikes your thoughts like caffeine pumping through your veins, but rather than going for the heart, the place the 'energetic feeling' ends up is inside your crystal, and...

The crystal in your hand responds by shifting colors.

From a pure black to equal parts black and blue.

In essence...

From a Phase 6 crystal, back down to a Phase 5 crystal.

"Ah, I see, so the data was correct. You really are an interesting case... But it won't degrade any further than Phase 5, huh?"

Lost in your brief magic-high, the sight of Ariel staring intensely at you is something that catches you completely off guard...

"Right. Well, as you can see, you are able to absorb Seithr. How do you feel? Scanners say no negative change, but are any secondary drive effects showing up?"

Getting right to the point, a scientific glint in her eyes, you wonder what she's talking about at first, then...

...You actually can feel something.

Enhance

-Drain/Enhance-
    Strange Red Unique Action
    The ability to directly absorb Seithr from other Unions, or rather, directly from the crystals of other Unions through prolonged contact with the body of the Union in question by grabbing them and holding on for awhile. If successful, enables momentary use of the other Union's drive -albeit at a weaker level- and depending on the Union Phase of the target, may force momentary debuffs on them as their body's Seithr Reserves bottom out.

However, if the target's crystal is Phase 6, it seems that one of the side-effects of absorption is target degeneration back to Phase 5 instead, as the constant influx of of Seithr that marks the manifestation of Phase 6 to occur is momentarily stalled for a short time after the draining process, although due to the overwhelming strength of Phase 6 Unions, caution should be maintained when attempting to drain them, as if they are aware of the attempt, they may be able to counter this power by "overloading" Yuuki's crystal and temporarily removing both this ability as well as his Drive.

The current crystal belonged to a Union with the power of "Veil Skin."

A Strange Red's absorption normally involves eating the crystal of another union, however it seems Yuuki is 'special' in this regard due to a different sort of mentality.

However, as a consequence, it doesn't seem to work on other Strange Reds.

-Veil Skin-
    Ability to generate a second skin that completely nullifies the effects of Sorcery that would attempt to change the user's state in any way; however, does not work on 'Magic.'
    Number of Times Yuuki can use: 3
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Watanabe Yuuki
    April 15th, 2056
    Heavy Rain

The moment the crystal in his hand changes color from pure black to black and blue, Yuuki immediately understood.

The crystal in his hand doesn't just resemble a Union Crystal - it is a Union Crystal, one that must be in Phase Six from what Ariel had told him about the phases of the crystal - and despite the pleasant and warm feeling that he got as his crystal did its work, he couldn't help but think that the original Union of this crystal must have died; After all, phase six meant death for the Union in question.

Before his thoughts could turn negative, he quickly banished those thoughts away and focused on the positive ones instead.

Seeing that the crystal in his hand turned from phase six to five, this means he can stall a Union's death by holding onto them for a while; this means he can potentially save those who are doomed to die, but at the same time place a great burden in his mind. As the saying goes, with great power comes great responsibility.

Though, now that he think about it...

Was this why his hug was so effective back then...?

Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    "Ah, I see, so the data was correct. You really are an interesting case... But it won't degrade any further than Phase 5, huh?"
    The doctor's gaze and voice snapped him out of his thoughts and magic-high before it could spiral further; while surprised, Yuuki is honestly thankful that it distract him from remembering that fateful day, of feeling another person's warmth for the first time in his embrace.

He might crave for more, and that's just inappropriate...

Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    "Right. Well, as you can see, you are able to absorb Seithr. How do you feel? Scanners say no negative change, but are any secondary drive effects showing up?"
    Focusing back to the matter at hand and acknowledging that the reason he could regress a Union's phase was by absorbing Seithr, Yuuki had no idea what Ariel meant by 'secondary drive effects' until he could actually felt something. It was rather hard to describe, like an instinct and knowledge that his crystal provides the moment he started 'searching' his body for those effects, but he understood the gist of it.

"I think I can use the drive of someone whom I touch for long enough." He said with confidence as he looked at Ariel in the eyes. "Just for a few times, and it might be weaker than the original, but I get the general gist of what it can do. The drive of this crystal, for example." He began as he raised his hand that hold the now blue-black crystal, "Can supposedly protect me from sorcery, though I don't know the details."

Lowering his hand, but still holding the crystal, Yuuki grew quiet for a few seconds before he speaks again.

"So... Is there precautions and rules that I should be aware of after this?" He asked the doctor. "Like whether I shouldn't hold a union's hand for too long, or maybe to be ready to answer a call if someone is rapidly approaching phase six?"

There is no hint of sarcasm or mockery in his voice.

Watanabe Yuuki is legitimately curious, and wanted to avoid potentially breaking rules and regulations if he can help it.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    Yoko Aoyama
    Northern Cross Academy
    Vier's Classroom
    April 12th, 2056
    Weather: Sunny

While the advent of the drive certainly seems to have brought Kasumi back around to a more 'normal' state, the sudden onslaught of silence -or perhaps observation- at it all pervades the room for much longer, just enough for it to seem slightly off from the usual, and in that time, that moment where Kasumi sits down next to you without really thinking about it anymore-!

A clicking sound -much like a camera- rings out throughout the classroom and when you turn to look...

"You two are funny."

That strange girl that had been watching all along -and who is brandishing an ancient auto print camera- seems to be doing her best to not giggle at some aspect of the two of you as she heads for the door.

"You've become the focus of a new side project. Be ready for it, you'll thank me later-!"

And saying something strange...

She walks right of the room immediately afterwards, waving her newly taken photo back and forth slightly as if to speed up it's development time.

Normally Kasumi would probably do something about that, but...

She was perfectly civil, a perhaps unintended consequence of your Drive's calming capabilities.

Well, it was probably fine anyways.

She hadn't felt like a bad person, just a weirdo.

And Vier, watching it all with a silent smile...

"...I see. Cute."

Just nods her head once at the end of it all, it almost seems like she wants to say more, but at the same time...

She could perhaps, sense when it was appropriate to show mercy.

Mercy for the girl who will -at one point or another- fall out of her supernaturally induced calm and be slammed with all of these events in rapid succession.

"Well then, moving on ahead," sitting atop the desk now, one leg crossed over the other, the seemingly ever-casual Vier has a voice that is naturally calming but teasing all on it's own, deep enough to be strong without veering into the territory of androgyny, "My name is Vier... Or at least that's what Ishana calls me anyway, so that's mostly how I'm known to other people."

She waves it off.

"I'll be your sorcery instructor for the remainder of the school year, for both pure sorcery and martial styles associated with it. I've contacted both of your parents already, so I'm familiar with what needs to be done, but still, I wanted to take these first few days to get to know everyone in smaller groups before bunching you all together, see what kind of potentially clashing personalities we have this year, what you guys want from me as a teacher, that sort of thing-!"

She seems pretty excitable.

"So why don't you tell me a bit about yourselves? You can go first Yoko-chan, I'm a bit curious about life in Miyazu, you guys are one of the last holdouts from Ishana, right?"
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Yoko Aoyama
    Northern Cross Academy
    Vier's Classroom
    April 12th, 2056

After Kasumi sat down next to me, I thought everything was back to normal. Well almost normal... After I used my drive and sat down, the room was a little too quiet. That is until I hear the sound of a camera and then the sound of printing. I went to look for the source of the camera and found that it was the "Do it" Girl pulling out a still printing photo. Do people still use those kinds of cameras?

Quote Originally Posted by A Certain Fortuneteller
    "You two are funny.

You've become the focus of a new side project. Be ready for it, you'll thank me later-!"
    A side project? And I can thank her for it later? I'm not entirely sure what she means, but I'll look forward it? So I gave her a shaky nod to let her know that I was looking forward to what it was. I watched her walk away shaking the photo rapidly as if it would speed up the photo's development. I partially expected Kasumi to protest about the photo since she seems to be adamant about not having her photo taken. However, I think thanks to my drive, Kasumi was still calmed down.

Maybe I should say something for her since Kasumi normally would protest. But it has been a bit since I've had a photo with Kasumi... I wonder if I can get a copy of the photo from her... I think I'll ask her once she decides to unveil that side project she was talking about. Besides, it couldn't hurt for her to have a photo. She didn't seem like she was going to use it for anything bad. Maybe something weird but good? I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Vier
    "...I see. Cute. Well then, moving on ahead. My name is Vier... Or at least that's what Ishana calls me anyway, so that's mostly how I'm known to other people.

I'll be your sorcery instructor for the remainder of the school year, for both pure sorcery and martial styles associated with it. I've contacted both of your parents already, so I'm familiar with what needs to be done, but still, I wanted to take these first few days to get to know everyone in smaller groups before bunching you all together, see what kind of potentially clashing personalities we have this year, what you guys want from me as a teacher, that sort of thing-!"
    I get the feeling that she wants to something more, but she decided to not comment on what she saw. Instead, she decided to start the meeting and telling us about how she'll be teaching us sorcery. I was curious about why Irmina-oneesan wasn't also here seeing as she could also use sorcery, but I'll ask about that later. She mentioned that this was a small group. So does that mean that there are more people who can use sorcery in the school?

Quote Originally Posted by Vier
    "So why don't you tell me a bit about yourselves? You can go first Yoko-chan, I'm a bit curious about life in Miyazu, you guys are one of the last holdouts from Ishana, right?"
    I'm starting this off? I'm not entirely sure on what to say about Miyazu... In fact, Tomobiki reminded me of a smaller Miyazu since we weren't a big city as well. To give myself some more time, I decided to nod to Vier's question and start off with that.

"Lived since... Edo. Duty watch Miyazu, Kami-sama. Cannot abandon. Miyazu bigger Tomobiki. Met Kasumi there."

I think I got everything. I answered her question and how Miyazu was just a bigger Tomobiki in my opinion. But why do I feel like I forgot to say something... Oh! I forgot to introduce myself.

"Aoyama Yoko, I'll be in your care."

I got out of my chair and gave everyone a respectful bow before sitting back down. Now I've said everything that needs to be said and I can just listen to everyone else's introductions.
    Last edited by Kuroyuki; February 27th, 2018 at 09:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    Lucas Guerrin
    Morning
    April 13th, 2056

"Aoi is a good girl."

Flawlessly cheerful as always, and choosing to ignore the masochist remark, Ariel shows no real hesitation in giving you her opinion on the girl you continued to hear so much about in this city.

"I mean Isako is cool and all, but she can be intimidating to normal people at times while Aoi is just... Cute. In a down-to-earth, town-princess kind of way?"

Neither confirming nor denying a certain bit of vampirism, one eye closes in thought.

"She likes being helpful, apparently used to just hide away in the manor all day as a child, but her Union incident... Well, I guess it changed her mind on a few things."

Changed her mind?

She doesn't elaborate, but there are some guesses you can make... After all...

Becoming a Union used to be an event akin to receiving a death sentence, isolating yourself from others only to believe that you might just die without leaving a real impact on anyone other than your sister...

Could certainly shake a few things up.

"She's a real social butterfly nowadays; I use the royalty analogies a lot but it's actually really close to that... She even has her fair share of white knights amongst the students due to her charms."

A laugh.

"So Hailey might be in some trouble. Girl practically radiates danger, and they'll probably pick up on it..."
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Tsugumi Uro

Putting the finishing touches on the culmination of tonight's effort, the rhythmic feel of getting back into this sort of housework -your usual groove- was something that helped take the edge off of all the seemingly undue stress you had caused yourself earlier in the day.

Routines were good for that sort of thing, it was an excellent way to return one's mind to 'home.'

This town wasn't quite yet home, you hadn't been here long enough for that, but the wistful feeling that comes and goes with moving through the motions almost convinces you otherwise... Even if only for a few moments.

After all, there were more voices in the 'house' than you were accustomed too; while you were doing your best to ignore the girls in the other room the cafe was designed to carry sound well into the back, and thus the general buzz of vague conversation -as well as that of some sort of idol concert playing lightly on the television when they turn it on for 'ambiance's sake'- is constantly tapping on the back of your thoughts.

But it won't get in the way of this-!

Doing as well as could be expected, no, better perhaps then even you had expected it to go, you pull yourself together as best you can -still well aware of the earlier awkward air you had accidentally induced- and march straight into the room with all the confidence you can muster, although they're all so caught up in their conversation about something -sounded like grade history- that you aren't noticed at first.

On the television, two idols that you don't recognize -but that seem to be twin sisters- are dancing along to the music on the cafe's antique CRT television set. You're not sure if it's a combination of the sheer age of the technology on display, or simply the fact that it appears to be a prerecorded concert rather than a live one, but the overall quality of the image bears light but notable static even though the audio is crystal clear, and-

"Ah, he's back, and it's foreign~!"

Chiasa drags everyone's attention away from their conversation, away from the concert on display, and back to you, and...

Moment of truth.

The convenience of a cafe is that the tables were practically preset for use automatically, so there's little time for the food to cool down before everyone is already going for it, and as a result, there's little time for you to brace yourselves for their reactions, so-!

The only thing one can do is believe in oneself-!

"Huh? You really went all out with this, huh?"

The first one to comment is Mizuki.

Since Naoko's faith was invincible from the start, and Chiasa seems to have frozen in place for some reason, it's only natural for the darker-haired teenager to speak up first; she had made a pretty obvious examination of presentation before actually eating anything -which seemed to be an innate habit of hers, as if she really wanted to double-check anything she was served for some reason- and while her face is mostly just stoic at first...

"Looks like I underestimated you a bit."

She eventually nods with closed eyes a slight smile.

"There's a bit of lemon in here... I half-expected something easy, but grilled fish, hmm... It's not bad... Can never go wrong with bacon either, at least, so long as you're not Isako so... Yeah, thumbs up."

...She approached that a bit too much like a food critic, but-

"Hey..."

Chiasa cuts in before she can say much else.

"This is actually... Really good... It has taste... It actually tastes like something...!"

For some reason this seems to impress her-?!

"Hey, hey, make lunch for me from now on, and I'll read your fortunes for free, heck, I'll pay you-!"

...Eh?
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Tsugumi Uro

It wasn't anything special, just a quick dish made up with whatever he could fins laying about.

However as Tsugumi returned from the kitchen to the room filled with the twin idols music playing, Tsugumi was confident that tonight would be passable by his standards.

Bringing the food over to the table that the ladies were sat, he was quite eager to get underway and see what they thought. He was passive about a lot with a few hobbies he picked up at his aunt's... suggestion. However cooking was something he enjoyed alongside maintaining a household, any insight that could aid him further as a better chef would always be helpful.

He knew Naoko would enjoy it. It wasn't one of his speciality dishes but he knew his aunts preference for western food, particularly English so he knew that even if the dish was poor it would go down ok enough. She was his safety net so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuki
    "Huh? You really went all out with this, huh? Looks like I underestimated you a bit."
    Clearly it was a pleaser. A modicum of pride swelled in Tsugumi's chest as he repressed a smile at the positive response.

"Oh this? Nothing special."

The hints of it in his voice were harder to repress however.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuki
    "There's a bit of lemon in here... I half-expected something easy, but grilled fish, hmm... It's not bad... Can never go wrong with bacon either, at least, so long as you're not Isako so... Yeah, thumbs up."
    Tsugumi allowed himself to smile in response to Mizuki's.

"You're quite right, I needed it to give a little something extra and if done right the whole ensemble is quite complementary. Even for something simple like this can be quite enjoyable."

However he pondered at her responce. She addressed it like a food critic would and her offhanded comment about Isako-

Was Isako the kind of person who couldn't even cook bacon?! The apparent hyper-competent queen of the town had an Achilles heel, she couldn't cook. Given her demeanour this meant that Isako was either the kind of person who could never figure out how to work a grill despite owning one for years and as a result burnt everything... or that she was the kind of person who produced toxic sludge that rendered people in dire need of medical treatment.

But back to Mizuki. This probably meant she would have to cook as much as he did, possibly more. This combined with her IT skills and everything else he had seen...

Was Mizuki - the self titled delinquent - a better housewife than he was?

Mizuki, you never cease to amaze me. Tsugumi thought to himself, humming as he did so.

Looking over to Chiasa, she was enthusiastic about the food. Oddly so.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiasa
    "Hey..."

"This is actually... Really good... It has taste... It actually tastes like something...!"
    Was all the food she ate that bland?

"Oh this is nothing. If you want a real treat, you should try one of my roast dinners."

But the fortune teller didn't stop there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiasa
    "Hey, hey, make lunch for me from now on, and I'll read your fortunes for free, heck, I'll pay you-!"
    ...Eh-?

Tsugumi instinctively opened his mouth in preparation to object on instinct but the first and last time he did that, he had upset his aunt and made a scene. He didn't like too much attention but drama like that was much worse.

The best thing for everyone was to just roll with it. At the very least it would keep his skills sharp.

"You know what? That sounds good, I'll make lunches for you. In fact, if you want, I'll teach you a few things too!"

...Wait, what did he just say-?

Blog Entries
    Kotetsu Shima
    ???

"A turning point in your destiny, of course."

Shima got the feeling he wasn't going to get any straight answers.

"To say too much is to interfere with your free will, ah, but I suppose I should also say, to interfere too much is to stop you from doing whatever it is you decide to do, and that goes against my programming... For now I am simply a watcher, someone who illuminates things that may otherwise go unnoticed, you can think of me as that sort of being for now."

It seemed like his feeling had hit the mark. He was getting pretty good at that sort of thing.

"That said, all of your answers were correct. Those things are here, definitely here, and that's the problem, there shouldn't be anything in this place. Or well, I guess it's more correct to say this place shouldn't exist at all, but it does, and so here we are, along with many that should have disappeared already. And so I thought I'd let you know. In that place, someone who has already disappeared may be able to be found and retrieved; it has little to do with you for now, but I think it's worth noting, even if you happen to forget."

Shima blinked.

"I see."

He sat down across from the silhouette, the tolling of the bell fading across the water.

"Well... with or without your help, I'll do what I want to do. What I need to do. That's the kind of person I am," The words were leaving his mouth but they were coming from somewhere else, somewhere Shima didn't know about. "And that's the kind of person I'll be. I don't care if you interfere or not. Even if God came off his throne, I'd still be following my own path. And that's how it is."

He didn't know where the words had came from, but it felt like he'd let them bleed out from some hidden place in his heart, so Shima supposed he could forgive himself for speaking so much.

"That's how it is..."
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Blog Entries
    Watanabe Yuuki
    April 15th, 2056
    Heavy Rain

"Hmm, well, it seemed to be an involuntary reaction on your part -the crystal seems to activate on it's own- so I'm going to assume the ability is somewhat out of your control," the eraser of a pencil pressed lightly up against her chin, the flame-haired doctor flips one leg over the other as her note-taking momentarily stops, "Since that is the case, I would attempt to avoid any prolonged skin-to-skin contact with other Unions for now until I can work on ensuring you don't activate it accidentally."

A pause, as she closes her eyes.

"The Union Crystal attaches itself to the patients nervous system, so having the Seithr drained from it is consequently not very likely to be a very pleasant sensation for the target. Like... Running a metallic brush over your nerves, I suppose? That sort of feeling? Not particularly pleasant, and you shouldn't have to use it on anyone here in Tomobiki, but in theory... It might serve as a means of delay or incapacitation, but it shouldn't be something you have to use here in this city. I can pinpoint Phase 4 Activity a full hour before it manifests itself, and can run direct interference from the lab, so I can deal with any Rapid-Phase-Progression myself... Just think of it as an absolute-no-other-options-left last resort if you ever get stranded with the others somewhere for one reason or another."

In other words, while certainly useful...

She was hinting that actually using it on anyone was a no go.

"I'm not sure what continuous use of that sort of power would do to you anyway -don't have enough data on your crystal to reach a solid conclusion- so yeah... It's best avoided at all costs if you can possibly help it."
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Watanabe Yuuki
    April 15th, 2056
    Heavy Rain

"I see..."

That's the only reaction that he gave after Ariel finished her explanation.

While his face doesn't show it, he's relieved that he doesn't need to expect sudden calls in the middle of the night; Watanabe Yuuki had always been selfish to a certain extent, and while he'd never refuse if such calls do happen, he'd certainly not be happy if it's for someone he doesn't really know. He very much treasured his resting time, after all.

The point of not having prolonged skin-to-skin contact is something he noted, but ultimately it's not something that will really affect him; even with Evelyn, physical contact like holding hands is rather rare, and he has no intention of deliberately doing it without a good reason either.

Him being rather shy on physical contact might also be another reason.

All in all, he's quite glad to only use this special ability as a last resort, and if he'd never have to use it at all, even better.

He liked his everyday life here enough, despite only spending a few days in Tomobiki.

"Is that all, then?"
    Last edited by palad1n; March 26th, 2018 at 08:06 AM.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    Lucas Guerrin
    Morning
    April 13th, 2056

"Hailey is always in some trouble," was the answer he had to offer about his partner potentially being bullied by triggered partisans. "You just don't notice it as much as you should."

Not that he was one that should criticize. Looking back, it was just their thing really. One of them would find themselves cornered and the other would do what they can extract them from that situation. Granted, Hailey usually got away scot-free since she didn't have a mouth that ran on automatic-mode with the worst timing. Also, she could lie and fake being a perfectly normal person in front of people of importance.

"But I'll keep that in mind."

He could not imagine the average student being a challenge for Hailey, but there were more than mundies attending the Academy. Hence, no specific reason to ignore the warning, especially if Lucas would eventually meet with the girl. After all, Daisuke was the one who had locked him up in some sort of inevitable encounter. Lucas would normally evade the appointment but Hailey would pressure him to come along, making it a bigger hurdle. Even more so when she was interested in that girl.

Having to deal with protective minions was sure to trigger more headaches. That is, only if Lucas allowed a chance to play white knights. After all, it wouldn't be the first time someone would find unconscious teenagers tied up inside a vehicle. Many Sleipnir trainees never made it in time for the graduation ceremony, for example.

Always good to remember options exist.

Admittedly, he hadn't expect the first 'cured' Union to be a social individual. Tasting the kind of despair that meant you would soon disappear (whichever od your body or mind would give in first had little relevance) would certainly shake someone. Of course, some people could bounce back from it, seeing in that an opportunity to enjoy life. But it required a certain amount of willpower to seek out and start interacting with strangers.

He knew for a fact that it wasn't the easiest thing when you had little previous experience in that matter. And even if she had, being able to stand up to the rumors and other glances must not have been a walk in the park. At least, not for a while.

And yet, there she was now; a kind of miraculous child who had her own cohort of followers and friends.

Not bad.

Maybe there was a reason, this time, Hailey praised her target.

"Daisuke told us their club was looking for members. And we kind of agreed to see what it was about."

It was the truth, he hadn't personally accepted to join the Occult Club, or whatever it was called. Only to meet. He certainly wouldn't want to stick around supernatural fanatics or some voodoo cabal. Or worse than all; mages.
    Last edited by Daiki; April 7th, 2018 at 10:39 AM.

Blog Entries
    Kotetsu Shima
    ???

"Of course, it wouldn't work any other way."

It's hard to tell if it's voice is amused, or if it's merely an emotionless replication of amusement.

Listening to you being far more talkative than your normal, it is certainly an event that the entity finds to be worth observing, and thus it simply chooses not to interject; ultimately, it is something that exists for a specific purpose, and...

"Do what you will, that is how things must be; I can only interfere so much as you will allow me too... Yet you claim that you do not care if I do or not, that is quite interesting in it's own way."

The boat rocks as it shifts in place.

"I am curious. If you become worthy of help, would you like me to help you?"

For once, it sounds completely sincere... Almost... Bizarrely innocent.

"Without permission I cannot act; the time may come where 'God' itself gets in the way of your path. If you would fail, and your cause is worth defying divinity to succeed, would you like me to help you?"
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Yoko Aoyama
    Northern Cross Academy
    Vier's Classroom
    April 12th, 2056

"Motou Chiasa is my name! My hobbies are fortune-telling in all of it's forms, people watching, and peeking beyond the veil of the moonlit world where the nameless Gods roam amidst the chaos of the void..."

The one speaking now was the girl who had taken your photo before sprinting out of the room. While many had expected her to come back of her own accord, it seemed like she had actually been planning on skipping out on this particular meeting; but the snapping of Vier's fingers had led to her crashing back down onto the floor in a burst of sorcery, tripping over herself before frantically standing back up, wiping off her clothes as if nothing had happened, and immediately submitting to the gaze of the teacher that was forcibly pushing on her back.

"I do not like to call what I do sorcery, admittedly, I did dabble in ofuda and gohei use at one point, but I don't look so great in the miko outfit so it had to go-!"

She was almost your opposite.

While you did not talk much at all, the shorter lavender haired girl is a practical fountain of constantly erupting information; talking about how she had actually lived here once as a kid before moving away with her parents, how she had been kidnapped once by youkai and had been forced to fight her way out of a haunted forest at the age of ten before defeating something she called the "Black Mantle," the longer her story goes on the more you start to wonder if she's possibly embellishing events or simply making things up, but she is practically drowning in Seithr -controlled Seithr, unlike the Unions chaotic flow- so being some sort of hyper-competent wonder child was also possible in it's own way, but-

"I mean, this one wears the miko look so much better than I did, I'm actually a little jealous."

-She points at you.

Wandering a bit closer as she talks, there is a moment of quiet contemplation as she eyes your ears and then-

"Although this is cheating. Absolutely cheating. Totally cheating. Miko using magical cosplay are totally unfair, how was I supposed to compete with stuff like this? I couldn't even find a spell to make myself taller!"
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Yoko Aoyama
    Northern Cross Academy
    Vier's Classroom
    April 12th, 2056

One second, “Do It” Girl was running out of the room. The next second, I hear Vier snap her fingers and she’s suddenly back in the room and falling down. Was she sent back here because she was planning on skipping this meeting? Judging by Vier’s sharper (?) gaze, that seems to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Do It Girl
    "Motou Chiasa is my name! My hobbies are fortune-telling in all of its forms, people watching, and peeking beyond the veil of the moonlit world where the nameless Gods roam amidst the chaos of the void..."
    Looks like she is going to be let off lightly? Especially since the worst thing she has to do is be forcibly teleported back and introduce herself. But her hobbies are all fortune telling methods, watching people do things, and looking at the moon? Those all sound weird...

Quote Originally Posted by Motou Chiasa
    "I do not like to call what I do sorcery, admittedly, I did dabble in ofuda and gohei use at one point, but I don't look so great in the miko outfit so it had to go-!"
    It was interesting that Motou Chiasa also didn’t refer to her skills as sorcery, because even my family referred to ours interchangeably refers to sorcery as martial arts or family art. But was ofuda and gohei essential for you to qualify as a miko? Aside from using the gohei in a kagura… I don’t think any of us use ofuda though… I guess we could make our spirit barrier stronger if we used ofuda even if it makes it immobile.

While I was thinking about the feasibility and usefulness of adding ofuda to the family arts, I could hear Motou Chiasa talk about various things in the background. Like how she lived here before, how got kidnapped at ten years old, and various things leading up to how she got here.

So if I was to make ofuda for my spirit barrier, I could make the barrier bigger and arguably keep the same efficiency… But it would have arguably a higher regional seithr drain. However I can focus on using o-

"I mean, this one wears the miko look so much better than I did, I'm actually a little jealous."
    My thoughts were interrupted when I saw Motou Chiasa pointing her finger at me and walking closer to me. Finally, she looks at my ears and points at them.

"Although this is cheating. Absolutely cheating. Totally cheating. Miko using magical cosplay are totally unfair, how was I supposed to compete with stuff like this? I couldn't even find a spell to make myself taller!"
    C-cheating?!? All I do is let the friendly spirits possess me and then I gain some features from them. Technically anyone can do it, but it can be dangerous as even friendly spirits unisons can cause you to lose control of yourself… Also, it takes a different kind of person to accept spirits even in a limited unison… At least that’s what Oneesama tells me. So I can’t just teach this skill to anyone.

But I still feel bad for Motou Chiasa and her inability to get taller. So I got up and decided to pat Motou Chiasa on the head to comfort her and tell her that she’ll get taller eventually.
    Last edited by Kuroyuki; April 16th, 2018 at 06:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    Tsugumi Uro

"Really?!"

...There were stars in her eyes.

With your subconscious seemingly determined to lay traps for your awake self to walk blindly into, the moment you start to question exactly what it is that had just come out of your mouth is the same instant that the girl practically lunges across the table to grab both of your hands with her own.

...Yeah.

It's a starstruck gaze alright, almost like that of a little kid, rather than the short snarky teenager that was her usual incarnation...

...The heck did this girl eat in her spare time to be so excited about something so simple?

"Excellent! No taking it back! It's a deal, a promise!"

Mizuki raises one eyebrow in amused surprise, but Naoko claps her hands together in a quietly pleased sort of way; yes, it is certainly something strange for you to say, but with so many witnesses it's kind of hit that oh so easy to reach point where you couldn't take it back even if you had wanted too...

"So what day works best for you? Monday morning? Thursday? Friday? The forbidden down time of Sunday afternoons?"
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai