Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38111213

Thread: XBLAZE - Concurrent:Butterfly [IC]

To the Endless Tomorrow palad1n's Avatar
    Watanabe Yuuki
    Abandoned Amanohokosaka Shrine, Tomobiki
    Day, April 11th, 2056
    Event Stock: 2

The shrine is certainly something else.

Overlooking the floodplains and the Shopping District, something about it had sparked an interest in him, and after choosing to not cheese the trek with his drive and jog for fifteen minutes instead...

What greeted his sight was a worn-down and abandoned shrine.

Yuuki frowned.

In Tokyo, shrines are mostly taken care of well enough, and there are a lot of things that one can do upon reaching it; admiring the shrine itself, praying, buying charms, or even just observing the shrine maidens doing their duty.

None of which could be applied here.

After fifteen minutes of trekking through countless steps of stairs, he felt cheated.

Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn
    "...Locked."
    But no, Yuuki refuses to have wasted time and energy only to gain nothing in return. He could see that Evelyn is clearly curious - understandable, given that he had never actually brought her to a shrine before - and decided that it was at times like these that he is grateful to be a Union.

"Eve." He walked right next to her before the locked door, and offered his hand with a small grin; he rarely do something like this, something that is certainly shouldn't be done...

Which is why there is a sense of excitement as he offer his white-haired companion to indulge in this as well.

The offer is clear.

Warping past through the barrier before them.
    About King Hassan
    Extella/Zero Translation by Mew

Random Regalia Hijinks

<Mellon> But yeah. Don't play the waiting game too much guys. Just do what you want to do and let God (me) sort it out.

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

...No, I've gained everything. Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Watanabe Yuuki
    Day, April 11th, 2056

It's not breaking and entering so long as you don't physically break and enter into the building right?

While a part of you wouldn't have been surprised if it was impossible to use supernatural power to enter this kind of holy place (after all, sorcery had already proven to be capable of all sorts of things) you're still pleasantly surprised when the short range hop through space goes off without a hitch, and you find yourself standing, hand-in-hand with Evelyn, inside of a-

"...?"

-dust free shrine...?

While the outside had deteriorated notably, the inside is actually much better off than what you had initially assumed from glancing at it from inside. There is the faint smell of smoke, as if a fire had been lit here sometime over the past week or so, and there's a rolled up futon, neatly made with an extra purple blanket thrown over it, a clear sign that someone has been living here, or at least...

That someone has spent the night inside of here once or twice over the past month.

There are blankets pinned to the walls by the windows -seemingly to give the appearance of there being nothing but darkness within- and even a telescope, pushed off to one side of the room, pointed out one of the windows that was now covered by cloth...

"Huh... Not abandoned then..."

But certainly like someone had been hiding out in here.
    Spoiler:
    Death is nothing but a disease.
    But it is one that often comes from all sides.
    An end like that is coming, and yet here you are.

Tell me.

Could you kill someone you love for the sake of everyone else?

What a cynical worldview, Messiah.
    Real heroes would find a different answer.

Right, right.
    The power to break through a sad reality—
    I wonder—

Will they be able to show it to me?

Watanabe Yuuki
    Day, April 11th, 2056

Well, this is certainly unexpected.

He had expected the inside of the shrine to be just as abandoned as it looked from the outside, but to his surprise, it is much cleaner - and better off - than it looked from the outside.

Not only that, it seems someone had used this shrine as some sort of a hide-out, if the futon and blankets pinned to the walls by the windows are of any indication. There is even a telescope here...

Is there some sort of a vigilante in Tomobiki?

Still, it is undeniable that the seemingly abandoned shrine has just gotten much more interesting than it first looked like.

... And then he realized that they are still holding hands.

If someone else is here - like Chiasa or Aoi - then he's sure that he'd be a stuttering mess, embarrassed and quickly letting go of Evelyn's hand to avoid further teasing and such...

But they are alone, and he rather enjoys linking his hand with hers.

He remembered that it was Evelyn who first did so two years ago, the day when she first waited for him at the gates of the school; the day when she gently took his hand and made them exit the train before their supposed station in order to explore the district at night, and perhaps find a good place to have dinner. He had begrudgingly went along back then, too used to his routine that a break in it felt weird and unusual, and only went along because he cannot left the girl alone.

Only later down the line did he realize that Evelyn had made the effort to make him live instead of simply existing. To break him out of his hollow routine and replaced it with something much more.

And so, hand-in-hand...

"Let's check the place more thoroughly. We might find more than these."

He suggested to delve deeper, together.
    Last edited by palad1n; January 16th, 2018 at 03:46 AM.
    About King Hassan

Random Regalia Hijinks

<Mellon> But yeah. Don't play the waiting game too much guys. Just do what you want to do and let God (me) sort it out.

Personal Compliments

Blog Entries
    Yoko Aoyama
    Ice Cream Shop, "32 Below"
    Day
    Date: April 11th, 2056
    Weather: Clear Skies, Chilly

Quote Originally Posted by Irmina...neesan
    "Yes, I was informed that it was Ariel...

I have heard nothing but good things about her. The principal as well, so you should be in very good hands. Even so, to encounter a disease I am unable to treat is rather distressing for me... But you seem to be in good health...

Still, if you say you're alright, I will believe you. I cannot treat the disease directly yet, but I am attempting to study, so I'll be able to bring you back soon enough, this won't be a forever thing"
    I was expecting her to say that she was going to experiment on me in the name of SCIENCE so that she can be the first one to cure this in the name of the GREAT DOCTOR. OHOHOHOHOHO~

Instead, she gave me a solemn promise that she was going to cure this disease for me. I almost forgot who was in fr-

Quote Originally Posted by Irmina-neesan
    Also, it is not good to suppress sugar impulses, I saw those glances at the cake. Don't hold back, get whatever you'd like, it's not like I spend money on all that much anyway. Here...
    Then she slid forward half of her ice cream cake towards me. I looked at the cake in disbelief then at her where she gave me a 'It's a secret' kind of look.

Quote Originally Posted by Irmina-oneesan
    "It's a reward for being brave. Don't tell your sisters though."
    Somewhere in the back of my brain told me that there was something wrong. Something very very wrong, but I couldn't remember what could it have been... Oh right this ice cream cake. I should thank Irmina-neesan for this!

"Thank you Irmina-neesan!"

I started happily eating into the ice cream cake. It's so much better than my first sundae~ Without meaning to, I started wagging my tail and my face relaxed to reveal a carefree smile. It's so delicious! I considered eating all of my newly gained cake but that's when I realized that Kasumi had a different cake.

"Kasumi! Kasumi! Say ahhhh."

I pointed a fork with some cake on it in her direction. After she takes a bites of it, I'm going to make it obvious that I want some of hers too.
    Memorable Out of Context Quotes

<cellorange> 3 hours of sleep is plenty

<@ Lian|work> I'm a dead fish, I just wait for things to happen to me

<Reiu> yours is big enough I3uster

<Reiu> idk ever since the night I3uster stayed over I haven't been sleeping well

<Ayakashi> I'm not drunk, I just drink myself to sleep D:

<KnightTurtle> it took me a year to understand that infinite stratos was bad

<Bloble> HORNY LIVES

<CruorCruor> but yeah then i just need more flawless dildos

Lucas Guerrin
    Lucas's Room, Boy's Dormitory
    Phase: Evening
    Date: April 12th, 2056
    Event Stock: 1

Lucas didn't have words for that last comment, since it perfectly resonated with his own assessment of the situation.

The eerie silence that followed was only interspersed by the girl's humming, too busy slaughtering a perfectly equipped kitchen to pay attention to them.

Lucas realized how much danger the boys were in right this moment.

They had to find a way to keep busy before their willpower would crumble from the sight of perfectly viable ingredients being turned into treacherous weaponry. There will be enough horror visions for the meal, didn't need to damage their sanity further by watching the process.

"Oh yeah, you mentioned Arcana Soul, right?"

Lucas pointed a finger towards the old console on the floor.

One of the items his partner had thought would be a necessity in Japan and insisted to leave in his room for her personal use. A relic compared to more advanced form of gaming nowadays, but it had a retro feel to it that was not unpleasant. The cartridge inserted inside, proudly displayed Arcana 2 - Fall of Wadatsumi as title. One of the earliest releases, when the franchise had yet to spawn its own series of fighting games.

Lucas wasn't particularly invested in beat' em up games usually, but this one had coop and the combos came naturally. The Sleipnirs had spent an unhealthy amount of time trying to clear the hardest difficulty but had yet to succeed. The danger of sharing a pool of limited continues with Hailey, who was, without surprise, more inclined towards shooters.

"Let's have a go while you tell me more about Tomobiki. Heard you even had your own version of Batman."

Out of the six available characters, Lucas picked the scientist-type since, for some unspoken reason, it associated strongly with the image of an unbeatable PC.

Blog Entries
    Watanabe Yuuki
    "Abandoned" Amanohokosaka Shrine, Tomobiki
    Day, April 11th, 2056

The fact that someone is clearly trying to hide the evidence of their existence here, is enough to ignite the natural curiosity of the explorer's spirit. By pushing any further, the bounds of what constitutes breaking and entering becomes much much blurrier, and leaving traces of your own presence here will become an inherent possibility, but curiosity is strong in the young, and more often than not it is difficult if not outright impossible to defy.

And so you don't, after all, you're just taking a look around the place, and...

Whoever was living here, likely wasn't supposed to be living here either.

The first and most obvious place to hide something would be under the pillow or blankets; and indeed, while Evelyn seems to flip through the curtains as if looking for posters or the like, you go for the obvious place first, lightly tugging on the blanket and pushing the pillow aside, revealing...

A single picture frame, with an old -so old as to be considered antique- picture of a woman dressed in a kimono with seemingly only a single eye, as well as darker hair, possibly lavender, although the sheer age of the photograph made it difficult to say with any real certainty.

In spite of the age of the picture, it's easy to tell that the woman in question is quite the looker, good-looking in that 'older-sister' kind of way in spite of the eye-patch, but while you're not the type to really care about that sort of thing too much...

...For some reason it's hard to put the photo-frame down after you pick it up, it's a strange impulse that lasts only for a few moments, and when it fades and you instinctively put it back down as you had actually meant to do from the start, nothing about the photograph has changed in any real way.

But...

Down where the photograph had initially been, and where you had now returned it too, was a silver-ring with a strange gradient blue gemstone sitting atop it's surface...

Had that been there before?

You don't think it had been, but then again, something simply appearing out of nowhere was the more unlikely of the two scenarios, right?

Regardless... It's strange...

Looking at it...

The impulse to pick it up and put it into your pocket is almost staggering in it's strength, something innate, as if your crystal itself was telling you to pick it up and keep it...
    Spoiler:

Tell me.

Right, right.
    I wonder—

Blog Entries
    Lucas Guerrin
    Lucas's Room, Boy's Dormitory
    Phase: Evening
    Date: April 12th, 2056
    Event Stock: 1

"Batman...? Oh, you mean Zero."

Eyeing the archaic council with an almost reverent, respectful eye, the youth forces his gaze away from his death manifesting in the other part of the dormitory, instead joining you by the television set with a "sure why not" kind of air to his motions. Although admitting to never having played the old retro games in the franchise before, the youth wastes no time in picking the main character for himself; a passionate young-man cloaked in red with silver hair, who used the weight of his fists alone to battle monsters from beyond the world because that was his "duty as a human." Your normal protagonist type, in comparison to the more technical scientist-type Kiiro who relied on deploying robots to fight for her; he was the jack-of-all trades type with average stats in every area.

A safe choice, if a little bit boring, but-!

Already doing better than when playing with Hailey-!

"Eh.. I wouldn't call Zero the Batman Type. Doesn't really strike fear into the heart like Batman does," surprisingly invincible in spite of claiming to have never played these earlier games, Daisuke doesn't really elaborate on Zero until the brief pause before the first boss, a giant robot stolen from Kiiro's lab in the opening cut-scene, who would be invincible if not for the good old fashioned trope of revealing it's own weakness -the black orb that was it's power-source- after every two of it's combos or so, "Sure, she beats up thugs and the like every once in awhile, but she's usually pretty peaceful... Only really seems to act up when people new to town show up and try to do something dumb; no one native to town is afraid of her, she's pretty nice I've been told, so doesn't really strike fear into the heart."

A shrug.

"Of course, people have apparently met her, but at the same time no one can describe what she looks like after meeting her, so I guess it's possible she's just a joke the whole town is in on... Haven't met her myself so I can't really say either way."
    Spoiler:

Tell me.

Right, right.
    I wonder—

Watanabe Yuuki
    "Abandoned" Amanohokosaka Shrine, Tomobiki
    Day, April 11th, 2056

This ring...

What is it...?

Something about it drawn him to it; the feeling to just pick it up and put it in his pocket is strong, unbelievably so, and it took all of his willpower to resist the temptation of immediately taking the ring for himself.

He must think about it carefully.

Looking at the faded photograph again, and trying his hardest to ignore the fact that the woman wore her kimono in such a... risque way, the ring had appeared after he picked that photograph up; Does whoever stayed here knew that this would happen if it is picked up, hence why it is hidden under the blanket?

No. They would have hid it better if that is the case.

So perhaps something of a sentimental value...?

... He was getting off track. Yuuki frowned as he looked back at the mysterious ring.

Assuming that the ring had just appeared to him at this very moment, there must be a reason why. If he left it here, then there is no telling what the ring can do, or what danger it may possess should it fall to the wrong hands...

That's why he should pick it up. So that he could maybe ask the principal or Ariel about it.

Satisfied with his reasoning, Yuuki quietly picked the ring up and put it in his pocket before continuing his task of searching the shrine for more oddities.

But whether all of his reasoning and deductions are of logical thought, or just an excuse to pick the ring up and have it for himself...

Even Yuuki himself doesn't know, nor does he realize this fact.
    Last edited by palad1n; Today at 04:58 AM.
    About King Hassan

Random Regalia Hijinks

Personal Compliments