Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What is this place?

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsRequiem View Post
    I thought it was because Koto doesn't love you?
    Ha, if I was mad because of every person not loving or even liking me, I'd be dead of a heart attack before I even reached 30.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    In what way is Sakura "bland"? She's an exceptionally strong girl, and she has a huge depth of character (albeit perhaps not quite so many layers as Rin).
    *tries not to snigger like a schoolboy*

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In what way is Sakura "bland"? She's an exceptionally strong girl, and she has a huge depth of character (albeit perhaps not quite so many layers as Rin).
    I don't find her character that deep. It mostly just consists of obsession with Shirou and jealousy over Rin. Even the Dark Sakura stuff can be explained away with "lol AM influence".

Strength has nothing to do with how interesting a character's personality is, either.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    I don't find her character that deep. It mostly just consists of obsession with Shirou and jealousy over Rin. Even the Dark Sakura stuff can be explained away with "lol AM influence".
    That's like me saying that Rin's character mostly consists of being Tsundere to everyone....

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In what way is that Sakura's fault? She didn't choose to be raped and tortured by ***************.

But I guess some people just lack the ability to empathise properly, and I guess that if that's the case it might be hard to stomach the fact that Nasu writes the story under the assumption that you will have.
    Nice going.

Throwing out major spoilers in a thread that talks about how to "get better acquainted" with Nasuverse works.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, you do have a point there. In general, though, posting on BL without knowing about the Nasuverse isn't really a good idea....

Also, if you're going to spoiler it out, you should spoiler the entire thing. How you've left it in the quote doesn't exactly hide all that much, because there aren't that many people around who could have done that stuff to her.

Blog Entries
    Anyway, I think the OP probably knows what kind of place this is now.

(And has run far, far away.)

SPOILER ALERT: The Shadow is Sakura's suppressed Angra Mainyu dark side, and the grail is actually a vessel for all the world's evil which will kill everybody if it is won. Kotomine is evil, Archer is Shirou, Saber is King Arthur, Rider is Medusa, Shinji is a rapist, Sakura is Rider's real master, HF ends with Shirou dying at the end and coming back to life because Ilya sacrifices herself for him. Also, Ilya gets her heart plucked out by the previous war's Archer in UBW.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You know, going out of your way to spoiler it for the guy is a bit of a dickish move....

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's not about lacking the ability to empathize. It's about not falling for a really clumsy attempt to make a character sympathetic by suddenly hammering the readers over the head with OMG SHE'S SAD!!!111 instead of making her more likeable beforehand.

He had two routes in which he could have given her some involvement (even just slice of life stuff) and made the readers attached to her, he did not, probably because Fate and UBW were done before they decided to add HF.
    Actually, he did do just that in my opinion. If you want to talk about hammering things in, there are multitudes of things i could say were also overdone as well.

I could bring up a lot of different aspects of her character that were shown beyond just "imma cook, imma eat, imma leave" in Fate/UBW. Things that actually coincide with what you'd find out about her in HF.

Honestly, if one really doesn't like her, that is fine, but saying the author just stuffed her down there throats is a bit exaggerating imo. Hell, Rin is shown in all routes and takes up about as much screentime and exposition after exposition after exposition, she is almost Kotomine(who i agree with tobias, while he's awesome, please for the god, just shut up already, talktalktalktalk. Same for Rin to a degree.). It all depends on how attached you are to the character and, if it hits your buttons on whether you can tolerate the screentime used.

Now, I was thinking of putting this thing in GD2, but now it's edging toward me just either deleting/locking it (as the newbies questions are mostly answered and further extrapolation would be spoilerish if he came back for more stuff) or putting it in the Seventh.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

Blog Entries
    Just nuke it.

Blog Entries

Strength has nothing to do with how interesting a character's personality is, either.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Actually, he did do just that in my opinion. If you want to talk about hammering things in, there are multitudes of things i could say were also overdone as well.

I could bring up a lot of different aspects of her character that were shown beyond just "imma cook, imma eat, imma leave" in Fate/UBW. Things that actually coincide with what you'd find out about her in HF.

Honestly, if one really doesn't like her, that is fine, but saying the author just stuffed her down there throats. Hell, Rin is shown in all routes and takes up about as much screentime and exposition after exposition after exposition, she is almost Kotomine(who i agree with tobias, while he's awesome, please for the god, just shut up already, talktalktalktalk. Same for Rin to a degree.). It all depends on how attached you are to the character and, if it hits your buttons on whether you can tolerate the screentime used.
    Yes I'm aware it differs from person to person, I'm trying to explain to Mike what people other than him think, because he can't understand why others don't like her.

Now, I was thinking of putting this thing in GD2, but now it's edging toward me just either deleting it (as the newbies questions are mostly answered and further extrapolation would be spoilerish if he came back for more stuff) or putting it in the Seventh.
    I've said this before: you need to stop making posts where you show up to participate in an argument and then in the same post you start talking about ending the argument with mod powers. One or the other.

Nah, it's cool mike, because I went back and re-read a couple of old threads and realized what a hypocrite I am! http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...ot-it-Going-On

HAHAHA I DON'T EVEN CARE ANYMORE, DERAIL AND POST STUPID SHIT TO ALL YOUR HEARTS CONTENT GAIZ

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Just nuke it.
    No, don't.

Deleting people's posts for absolutely no reason is not acceptable moderation.

Blog Entries
    No, don't.

Deleting people's posts for absolutely no reason is not acceptable moderation.
    It's for the perfectly decent reason that this thread has no point, as the question has been answered, it is way off topic and going to spoil for him, and he really should have gone to the introductions thread anyways.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    It's for the perfectly decent reason that this thread has no point, as the question has been answered, it is way off topic and going to spoil for him, and he really should have gone to the introductions thread anyways.
    I don't give a fucking shit.

You do not delete people's posts without a damn good reason to do so.

Blog Entries
    You're also not a mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    You're also not a mod.
    And?

Just because someone has a cyan name rather than a blue one, that doesn't magically make their opinion more meaningful.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've said this before: you need to stop making posts where you show up to participate in an argument and then in the same post you start talking about ending the argument with mod powers. One or the other.
    Koto, I know you like hearing yourself talk, but please, end the hypocrisy. Because for the longest time, you never actually do much of anything but exacerbate issues because you like to have the last word. In effect, you do much the same thing you accuse me of, while it was me musing on what I was going to do with the thread. Please, get off your high horse.

Anyway, thread locked.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."