Thread: Eien no Kantai : Umi No Uta (IC)

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar

Eien no Kantai : Umi No Uta (IC)

An endless sea, stretching out towards the horizon. Upon its crystal-clear water, is the perfect reflection of the blue heavens above.

Here we stand, upon the water, neither sinking nor floating. We do not belong here, we do not exist here, we merely see. Walking, running, speaking, nothing that we utter or do has any effect or permanence. The water stays still, without ripples; the air remains undisturbed, quiet and motionless.

Time seems to have stopped, leaving this world free of the stain of decay, of death... but then, if something cannot die, cannot age... does it truly 'live'? The human mind cannot explain, but the human soul can feel -- and we all feel that there is life to this silent, motionless, immaculate world. It is certainly not a 'dead' place.

"Where are we? Where does it all lead to?"

"▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄ ▄"

Yes. It dawns on you now, as you look below, as you see past the reflection of the blue heavens, as you see beneath the surface:

The silence itself is a sound, a song. A song which rises from the depths and wraps itself around you like a sweet embrace, gently, innocently pulling you down to into the abyss. Perhaps that you never really realised it, perhaps that subconsciously, you never really wanted to acknowledge it, never wanted to see past the reflection -- but now that you've seen 'it', you can avert your eyes no longer.

You plunge your hand through the water, trying to reach for this 'darkness' veiled behind purity... and in that instant...

The darkness reaches back to you.

------

C-5 Airplane Passenger's Compartment
    Date 16th of April, 20xx, 07:26
    Weather Clear Sky, Sunrise

Just as thing were getting rather intense, scary, or for some, interesting... you wake up. No matter if you're a morning person, someone that generally doesn't need much sleep, or on the contrary, a heavy sleeper : it appears that your natural predispositions don't matter here. There is an unusually heavy feeling of tiredness still hanging over you... as if you drank some alcohol of sorts? It is certain at the very least that this 'fatigue' isn't just mere sleepiness... in fact, for how long have you been sleeping?

The last thing which comes to mind is that you had been served dinner... and then... you fell asleep? Probably. 'Fell' here relates more to brick crashing into the ground than a piece of paper gently drifting down. Quite clearly, there probably was something in that food. Well, for consolation at least it tasted good.

Your seat, inexplicably neither uncomfortable or comfortable, creaks as you adjust your seating position; the hum of the jet's engines reverberates as you rub your eyes, reminding you where you are, or rather, what you are inside of: a military plane which is ferrying you to your new 'Home', Aegis Naval Base. Plucked away from whatever you were, wherever you lived, you are now being sent to become part of the 'Living Fleet', a special task force created to be the spearhead against the Abyssal Forces.

Before you can mull much over the situation however and properly wake up, three women, or you could even say, three young ladies that you did not notice before, walk pass the aisle, making their way to the very front before turning around as to address everyone. They all have a rather peculiar dress code that contrasts starkly with your typical soldier uniform. In fact, asking yourself if they even have a dress code is a totally valid question.

When did they board the plane? You are fairly certain that other than the six of you "new recruits", the rest of the people which were on board of this plane were all military personnel.

But then, it is quite clear that you've been asleep for a while.

One of the members of the trio steps forwards as of to speak, but before she does so, she takes a good look at everyone. Her hair is long and silky, of a white-blonde color, bordering on silver. Her blue eyes bear a strong will and character, she does not hesitate to meet your gaze. Another notable feature of hers is the scar that she has on the left cheek, the maimed flesh there starkly contrasting with her pale, snow-like skin everywhere else.

"Well, it looks like everyone's awake. Rise and shine friends! Da steppt der Bär!"

If someone wasn't awake by then, her fairly loud and commanding voice would've been more than enough to at least shake them up a bit. It isn't the kind of loudness that is grating on the ears, rather, the way she speaks seems to naturally instil a duty within others to listen, no matter the tone she uses.

At least you didn't mess up your dose this time, eh?" she comments to the girl standing next to her.

"Eheheh... well, a learning experience, a learning experience," the girl sheepishly answers.

Small, with the appearance of a young teenager, she is quite the opposite of the tall, commanding silver-haired woman. Her childish face and wide, innocent eyes would be quite effective at triggering parental instincts... or bully instincts, depending on the person.

For the white-blonde-haired woman, it seems like it's the former, seeing how before resuming her talk, she nonchalantly pats the youth's head:

"Right, right... well, greetings everyone. I trust that you've had a nice, peaceful sleep; if you've got any complaint just go talk to that Fräulein here. First things first though, if you are wondering who or what we are... then you only need to look at yourself. We are Living Ships, just like you. 'Fleet Girls' though, is the better sounding name, I'd like to think.

Well, about what's happening and--"

"Don't you think that you're forgetting something important?"

The third member of the trio suddenly interjects, cutting her companion off. Her voice is quite deep, but more than anything it carries a certain sense of nobility with it, even if she's not using the most friendly of tones towards her companion right now.

"Oh... right! Well, this little cutie here is HMS Artifex, aka Arti; this silent, scary person standing behind me and probably wondering when we'll next sortie so she can shoot me in the back is HMS Repulse. (I call her Reppy). Finally, mein name ist Admiral, Admiral Hipper~"

The red-haired woman, Repulse, coughs, visibly irritated.

"Excuse her manners, or rather, her lack off."

With her companions are being a little bit too 'playful' towards one another, Artifex is visibly distressed. "Ahaha... i-isn't that a bit harsh, Miss Repulse...?" she says, trying to defuse the situation.

However, Hipper appears to be used to having abrasive comments thrown at her, either it's already become a routine with Repulse or her ego is just that big to the point where insults of that kind just bounce of it somehow. It might a mix of these two factors, really.

Casually laughing it off, Hipper smiles brightly at the six new recruits and says:

"Heheh, it's fine, she wouldn't be a real Royal Navy ship if she didn't have some bad blood with the Kriegsmarine in her!
    At any rate, would you mind introducing yourselves? W
    e'd like to know you girls a bit better, since we'll be touring you around the Base once we land in less than thirty minutes."

"If you have questions too, feel free to ask them,"
    Repulse adds.

"Yep! We'll do our best to answer!" Artifex echoes with an enthusiastic hop.

Opening : Arrival
    Introduction of the PCs, people get to write and have some fun! Get a feel of your character, get to know a bit more of what you're getting into, it's time to get comfortable~
    Last edited by Ayakashi; August 15th, 2017 at 10:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    ???
    Location ???
    Date ???

An impossibly endless sea surrounded me. I stood over the water knowing that I would not sink below. I did not move nor did I breathe. I just admired this scenery calmly. Decay and death didn't exist here, but at the same time neither was life. I was alone in this world with just the sun, the sea, and the sky as my sole companions. Not a bad place.

I looked down to see something new. There was the sun and the sky, but there was something sinking. It wasn't me. I was confident that I was not the one sinking instead something else was... It was sinking with no resistance. I couldn't tell what or where it was just that I needed to help it.

I frantically reached down into the ocean in order to help it when I felt someth-

USS Yorktown (CV-10)
    Location Somewhere in the Pacific,
    Date 16th of April, 20xx
    Time 0726

Ugh... What was that dream? What was I reaching for? A sinking sailor? Guh... It doesn't help that my head feels so weird right now. It doesn't help there's that plane engine noise thrumming in the background. Was I drinking? No... I wouldn't dare drink before I got on a plane. It's unladylike and unseemly. Given that I didn't drink then how did I end up like this?

I tried to retrace my steps. I said goodbye to my Hull and the docents. Told them I would try to keep in touch. Then I met my temporary "handler" at the airport.... After which they served me dinner.... And that's it. I absolutely remember the food tasting good and insisting I didn't have alcohol despite their constant insistence... So that leaves me with the dinner which was probably drugged. Ugh that's something I'll have to keep note of. I may be a ship but I'm also susceptible to drugs because I'm a "Fleet Girl" now.

Regardless, I was now strapped into a seat of a military cargo plane heading to Aegis Naval Base. As expected of the military, the seat was not uncomfortable enough to cause complaints but nor was it comfortable enough due to them keeping cost low. Some things never change. That's when I noticed the distinct sound of footsteps on metal.

In front of me were three girls not in any recognizable Military Uniform I knew of past or present. It really doesn't help that there are other personal who are in actual uniforms doing their jobs around us. However... I don't have any right to complain since I'm reporting to base without a Navy Working Uniform or any of the Service Dresses. Maybe I should've asked my handler to take me to a Clothing Issue store before I went to the airport...

Quote Originally Posted by Silver-Haired Girl
    "Well, it looks like everyone's awake. Rise and shine friends! Da steppt der Bär!"

If I had any sleepiness before that moment, it was now immediately gone now that tone of voice has appeared. It demanded attention because it appealed to your duty, your instinctive knowledge of their commanding position, and your professionalism as a former Navy ship. I snapped to a sitting attention despite the command being in German.

At least you didn't mess up your dose this time, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Teenager?
    "Eheheh... well, a learning experience, a learning experience,"

So she's the one who knocked me out... I didn't know how to feel on her. On one hand, I want to protect her innocence and keep her out of harm's way. On the other hand... I'm irritated that she knocked me out. I did say I was ready to serve my country again so you didn't have to knock me out. I didn't have to wait long before I felt jealous of the Silver-Haired Girl giving her a gentle pat on the head. I'll pat that head too one day!

"Right, right... well, greetings everyone. I trust that you've had a nice, peaceful sleep; if you've got any complaint just go talk to that Fräulein here. First things first though, if you are wondering who or what we are... then you only need to look at yourself. We are Living Ships, just like you. 'Fleet Girls' though, is the better sounding name, I'd like to think.
    Well, about what's happening and--"

My sleep was calm then it was very not calm. I wouldn't mind staring serenely into the ocean and a clear blue sky, but I don't like it when I see something sinking. Maybe I should bri-... No it should be fine, it was just a weird nightmare. I can handle it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Redhead
    "Don't you think that you're forgetting something important?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Hipper
    "Oh... right! Well, this little cutie here is HMS Artifex, aka Arti; this silent, scary person standing behind me and probably wondering when we'll next sortie so she can shoot me in the back is HMS Repulse. (I call her Reppy). Finally, mein name ist Admiral, Admiral Hipper~"

The name ship of the Admiral Hipper class of Kriegsmarine Heavy Cruisers. A repair ship from Royal Navy or was she just an Armed Merchant Cruiser right now? And the second ship of the Renown-class Battlecruisers. While I was busy trying to recall who they were... It seems like HMS Repulse was getting irritated at Admiral Hipper, but Admiral Hipper blew it off? Meanwhile I was starting to join HMS Artifex in starting to worry about the two...

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Hipper
    "Hehe, it's fine, she wouldn't be a real Royal Navy ship if she didn't have some bad blood with the Kriegsmarine in her!

At any rate, would you mind introducing yourselves? We'd like to know you girls a bit better, since we'll be touring you around the Base once we land in less than thirty minutes."

She was fine with that? While I've had time to realize that we're no longer enemies... A lot more time than most people. I still can't let go of what happened then. Yorky I... So I can't help but be amazed that she's so nonchalant about it.

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Repulse
    If you have questions too, feel free to ask them,"

So they're open to questions? What kinds of things should I ask? How was the mess? Was there anything interesting around the base? I feel like I should save these for during the tour... No wait I have something. I unbuckled myself so I could properly stand up and be spotted by my peers and upperclassmen. I place my hand over my chest in a dignified manner since I can't salute out of uniform.

"My name is USS Yorktown CV-10, second of the Essex-class carriers. I look forward to working with all of you. Before I sit down, I have two questions. Would it be possible for me to see my future pilots and their planes? And... do you know if any of my Sisters are also here?"
    Last edited by Kuroyuki; September 12th, 2017 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Woops~

HMS Faulknor (H62)
    Location: Somewhere in the Pacific, C-5 Airplane Passenger Compartment
    Date: 16th of April, 20xx
    Time: 07:26
    Weather: Clearsky, Sunrise

Faulknor woke up from that dream quite suddenly.

It was a weird dream, one that is unlike any other dream that she has experienced. Indeed, she would even say that the dream was interesting... If only because of the song that lulls her to the abyss, and the hand that reaches back when she did so. A sense of serenity and peace that it provides as the darkness gently tugged her along by her hand...

Ominous. Faulknor couldn't help but think that the dream was some sort of omen.

But disregarding that for the moment...

Her focus turned to herself and the fact that she was, up until a few moments ago, sleeping. Which is unusual, considering she's quite capable of going around without much sleep, so what exactly happened after that dinner that she had...?

The only explanation would be the dinner was drugged, but why would they do so?

Faulknor shook her head, not only to washes away any leftover fatigue and sleepiness, but to also cease her line of thought. Whatever reason the command have for doing so, surely it must be a good one; What is important is that she - along with the other five new recruits - are going to Aegis Naval base to become a part of the Living Fleet.

Before she could mull over her thoughts any further, however, three young ladies made their way to the front before addressing everyone. Admiral Hipper, Artifex, and Repulse; seeing fellow fleet girls from the Royal Navy brightens her mood considerably, and while Admirl Hipper is a part of the Kriegsmarine, Faulknor doesn't have any hard feelings towards them; as the saying goes, yesterday's enemies are today's friends!

After the recruit besides her was done with her introduction and sat back down - the famous Yorktown herself - Faulknor unbuckled her seat belt and gave a salute before introducing herself.

"I am HMS Faulknor, the flotilla leader for the F-class destroyers of the Royal Navy, and I am looking forward to work with everyone! " She exclaimed, her voice loud and dripping with enthusiasm. "And I am quite pleased to have not one, but two of Her Majesty's ships here as our guide!" Faulknor added, giving Repulse and Artifex a bright smile before she raised her index finger.

"As for questions, I only have one: Is there a reason why we were made asleep after dinner?" She asked before giving an apologetic smile. "Of course, I understand if the reason cannot be disclosed to recruits such as ourselves and I shall apologize if that is the case, but my curiosity is nevertheless piqued; perhaps you could shed some light to this matter?"

Satisfied that she had managed to introduce herself and ask the question that had been plaguing her mind, Faulknor proceeds to sit back down and buckled herself up, allowing the other recruits to make their introduction and ask their questions.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    Mine eyes are blinded, my light dies out; night wraps me round. From twilight and gloom come a wild frenzy of fear on me, and terror rises to tower high...

Johanna Rheingold
    Date: 16 April, 20
    Weather: Frau Sonne sendet lichte Strahlen

Infuriating! So much as it could be, still partially drugged up on whatever psychedelics those were - that, at least, they were now admitting to, and all the military doctors who insisted that I was real could go to hell - , groggy from sleep, no coffee. Fascists. The most infuriating thing being that I couldn't be angry enough, but I suppose that's how it would be after a few months - or years, as far as it went for the world. We got used to even the most intolerable things.

The plane jumped, and my stomach with it into my throat, shaken like a rat by the constant vibration. Stuck in a place that we weren't meant to be, a box in the sky, even when it might seem comforting to get away from the ocean for others. But Austrians are yokels for a reason! We were born for the water, not a windowless tube.

Scrambling, I scratched at my seatbelt, and - quite to my surprise - it popped open, allowing me to lurch out with more momentum than I had wanted, foot catching on a tie-ring on the floor and twisting, balance going straight out out body and fluttering about trapped in the ship as I fell flat on my back.

So I finally closed my eyes. As it is, as it were. The lady who thought she was Faulknor had at least come to the same questions, but she didn't even mind! And what was the point of asking then, who in their right mind was glossing over being date-raped by the military. At least she asked them in, frankly, a pretty voice, though... somewhat of a trumpet.

"Yes, that," I groaned from the floor. "Out your tricks."

As if.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hey, Stranger.

How’s the world above the sea?

Ning Hai

There were things lost in the sea that could never be returned.

Dreams like that were just baggage. Useless things that should just be forgotten. There’s no use in recalling such things, and I will do so, no matter persistent they are.

The flight’s noisy. I hate flights. They’re loud, and uncomfortable, and the turbulence makes me sick. I’d rather just sleep it all away— sleep, the great equalizer, that can make any trip or vehicle bearable. Then, the question. Why am I awake?

It’s probably the talking. Women talk, all garbed in military uniform and all, speaking loud and chipper words interspersed with unfamiliar language. Women like us. Living weapons. Not unpleasant to listen to, but words nonetheless. Loud, noisy words. Introductions like the icebreakers they make you play in freshman year college. How inane. The last thing I’d want to bother listen to while trying to sleep.

Sleep, and you’ll dream again.

It almost jolts me awake, that realization. I’m facing a dilemma. Facing my dreams, or facing reality. How about I just die or something? It’s a game I can’t win.

I lean back into my seat, bleary-eyed. I hear mentions of sleeping drugs among the throes of their conversation. Surely, they’ll accept that excuse, if I just zone out right here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

There is something there.

Something in the darkness, beneath the still waters, watching me, taunting me. I can feel it, that inextricable feeling of loss; anguish that gnaws at your heart even if you never really remember what it was or if it was even yours in the first place.

Unbidden, unconsciously I reach for it in the depths, sinking further and further into the murky abyss.

What is this feeling? This feeling of dread as I get closer and closer to that thing hidden in the darkness.

It’s like I’m about to be swallowed.

Admiral Graf Spee
    Date: 16 April, 20XX
    Weather: Clear Sky, Sunrise

I awoke to the sound of engines humming and a slight throbbing in my head. The events of the past day seemed out of place. I remember being treated to dinner (and subsequently a few drinks) by an agent before our journey to the new base but nothing after that.

It’s strange though. I didn’t drink nearly enough to even get tipsy. They didn’t spike the alcohol, did they? Or maybe just the food. Perhaps this was the reason why they didn’t want me to drink anything. If I wasn't a living ship I'd be in the hospital right now.

Groggily I rubbed my eyes as I let my fuzzy head make its way back to reality.

I was able to make out that the three women up front were also living ships, none of them I've ever met before though. A yankee, a member of the Royal British Navy, and a fellow Kriegsmarine. A rather diverse group considering our history but that was a different time, a war of a bygone era, ancient history as it were.

Now there's a new war with new enemies. And with the change in the times, we need new allies. Fufufu. I wonder how this will all play out...

Wait did the tiny cute one just say she drugged us?

Oh ho ho ho. I see now. Dirty Brits and their underhanded tactics. Maybe I'll bully her later. I bet she'll make an adorable face when I pinch her cheeks.

"Yes, were you the one to ruin my perfectly good dri- I mean meal?"
    Last edited by arkturus; August 21st, 2017 at 08:58 PM.
    <Airen> I play hetero every once in awhile
    Spoiler:
    <~Katie> dude who gives a fuck about girls being gay, sometimes girls aren't gay and that decision should be respected

Spoiler:
    [12:21.40] that might be a top tier post[12:21.45] frantic[12:21.47] post of the month, even[12:21.48] this right here[12:21.49] is MC [12:21.56] johnny has nothing on this dude[12:22.00] he's the MC of the nisio half[12:22.12] so wait[12:22.15] [ ] is, after all, my rival character[12:22.16] am i the gag heroine[12:22.20] yes

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    USS San Francisco – Francesca

“Uuugh” The girl shook awake, freeing herself from a strange, creepy dream. For a moment, her eyes remained empty, considering the dream, before she shook her head once again, silver hair fluttering around.

Sleep drugs. That must’ve been it, she vaguely remembered that dinner, then blacking out, then some weird dream, then she was here. She frowned, annoyed. How unnecessary, she had been perfectly willing to serve the military! Very willing! Perhaps too willing. Maybe way too willing. Not like she had jumped at the call or anything!

She shrugged and dismissed everything, paying some attention as the girls around her blathered on. She let out an uncaring “hmph” that she thought was cool and dignified enough, before untying her seat belt, and standing in all of her towering teenage girl stature, which to be fair wasn’t much smaller than most of the people here. Silvery twintails fluttered around as she painted an intimidating proud image, her eyes looking somewhat derisively at those around her. German and Japanese ships! Of course, things changed, wars changed, and sides changed. She doubted these girls had anything to do with fascism nowadays, but still… she couldn’t help but to be mildly annoyed, instinctively. Had to do with the ‘other’ her, probably.

“Listen up!” She ordered in a voice she hoped was imperious and powerful. “I, the great one, am the most awarded ship ever, the USS San Francisco! Few, if any, can even reach my powerful stature!”

She crossed her arms, staring straight at the girls around her. “However, in consideration to the fact that we shall work together in the future, I shall allow you all to call me Francesca!” She added, arms still crossed, chest sticking out. She emanated a powerful, imposing aura, looking for all the world like a beautiful princess of a rich and powerful family deigning to acknowledge the somewhat capable and entertaining commoners around her.

Then, the plane shook once again, and with a scared ‘eep!’, Francesca’s feet slipped, her equilibrium broken, her body falling forwards.

And she faceplanted straight into the floor.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    Date 16th of April, 20xx, 07:30

Quite a few things had happened one after the other. Of course, that was to be expected when the proceedings were not exactly too orderly but...

... most remarkable was Hipper's amazing dash to rescue 'Francesca', rushing to the falling woman's side. Those of you who actually were awake or were paying attention could follow her movements, but even so, the speed at which Hipper moved could've been likened to a streak of silver.

Francesca's arms which had desperately tried to grip onto the nearby seats found a different, unexpected source of support, and that was Hipper's shoulders as the latter had seemingly scooped San Francisco up before the latter could fall -- call it cliche perhaps, but the position in which the two found themselves was a classic interpretation of the bridal carry: there barely was space between Hipper's and Francesca's space, to the point where if one moved a little bit closer the tip of their noses would touch.

This closeness however seemed to only solicit great amusement from Hipper, who while never averting her gaze from Francesca's, had been keeping a big smile on her lips, doubtlessly showing how much she was enjoying this farce.

"Sei vorsichtig, my lady. All awards in the world are worth nothing if this pretty face of yours gets tarnished by the floor, haha!"

In the meanwhile, Artifex and Repulse appeared to be ignoring what was going on between these two and focused on answering the questions asked.

"U-Um, yes... I suppose I'll answer about the whole sleeping drugs thing since I was the one responsible for it."

Appearing rather nervous and guilty, especially after seeing how some of the other girls had possibly taken the act under negative light, Artifex gave off that rather precious feeling, the one of a scared child having to own up to their parents after having played an unwelcome prank...
    Repulse, who was silently watching on, let out a nearly inaudible sigh of exasperation. It didn't seem like she was frustrated... more like... tired?

"W-well, to put it as simply as possible, this was all a preliminary setup: this tasteless substance that you've all absorbed basically acts as a catalyst for various reactions in your body, allowing for better synchronisation with Naval Gear, integration of certain special wavelengths in your sensory capabilities, and proper strengthening and development of your Fleet Girl properties to their fullest."

Having explained herself, Artifex exhaled and breathed in deeply, taking a pause. Anxiety was written all over her face -- definitely not someone who was good at talking to others, or at the very least, giving public speeches.

Repulse took the opportunity to lead into answering Yorktown's question, taking her turn to speak up:

"...you will find no other Essex class, unfortunately. Fret not however, there will be other carriers to accompany you. As to your question about planes and pilots... well, the way Naval Gear operates aircraft is a bit different from what one would envision traditionally. There are no proper 'pilots'. Your planes on the other hand should be something you're familiar with... Artifex? You are one of the engineers here, why not give us some insight?"

There seemed to be a sort of nostalgia, perhaps one could even say regret lingering in Repulse's eyes as she began talking about other carriers... though that sentiment seemed to be quickly replaced by elegant, if not slightly officious speech as you've come to understand is Repulse's natural way of communicating to others.

Bouncing back the question towards Artifex, her eyes now lingered onto the Repair Ship-type Fleet Girl, who seemed to have been surprised by that sudden return of attention towards her.

"E-eh?! A-ah, yes... uh... I think that Amphi would know better about planes since she's the American Navy specialist between us... ahaha, sorry for being useless..."

----

"Ara, Ara, don't look down on yourself like that..."

From the back of the plane, another voice resounded. Smooth, of a daintly nature, but not overbearing or loud like Francesca's, rather, to Francesca's waterfall, one could say that this voice was like a gentle river to the ears.
    For Ning Hai however, there was one more surprise: two hands came to gently massage the 'sleeping' girl's shoulders. This person's way of moving their fingers and palm... it seems like they had been trained in giving massage before, or they had a natural knack for it; whatever the reason, this massage would send you straight into slumber if you didn't do anything to break out, you were at risk of peacefully ascending to heaven here...

"Now, now, what do we have here? If it isn't a heavy sleeper...~"

Those who turned around were welcomed with the sight of what seemed like a graceful woman in shrine maiden outfit, her long, silky hair balancing like a pendulum as she hummed and massaged Ning Hai's shoulders while standing behind the latter's seat.

"Fuso, what took you so long? Also, you should stop indulging this lazy young girl there -- we're about to land. Unless you want to carry her around afterwards?" Repulse said with a hint of annoyance, revealing the name of the newcomer whose name could be familiar to some.

Blog Entries
    USS Yorktown (CV-10)
    Location Somewhere in the Pacific,
    Date 16th of April, 20xx
    Time 0730

After my introduction, only two others introduced themselves. They were both former allies, HMS Faulknor and USS San Francisco (Francesca). The remaining three didn't look familiar so I'm guessing they are all formerly Axis ships. I guess you could say that the Allies are winning again in the manners department. Granted, it's unfair when out of the three of them. We have an alcoholic, a narcoleptic, and a blunt person. In contrast, Admiral Hipper was well-mannered and has treated us kindly.

Case in point when San Fran- Francesca nearly fell flat on her face, Admiral Hipper caught Fran... cesca in her arms while paying her a compliment. Normally I would protest two people in close proximity, but Admiral Hipper just saved her from a fall. Since they seemed to be fine for the moment. I paid attention to Repulse and Artifex.

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Artifex
    U-Um, yes... I suppose I'll answer about the whole sleeping drugs thing since I was the one responsible for it.

W-well, to put it as simply as possible, this was all a preliminary setup: this tasteless substance that you've all absorbed basically acts as a catalyst for various reactions in your body, allowing for better synchronization with Naval Gear, integration of certain special wavelengths in your sensory capabilities, and proper strengthening and development of your Fleet Girl properties to their fullest."
    Oh is that so? Being knocked out briefly for an increase in my abilities sounds reasonable. If this was what it took for me to better protect everyone then I don't mind. Albeit, I would appreciate it if I was told this before. So I decided to ease Artifex's discomfort by showing her that I didn't mind.

"If that's why, then we should be thanking you for your help Artifex."

I smiled gently to her as if to say it was okay. I almost started heading towards Artifex to pat her on the head to let her know that it's alright but... I think it might be a little improper for me to pat someone I just met on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Repulse
    ...you will find no other Essex class, unfortunately. Fret not however, there will be other carriers to accompany you. As to your question about planes and pilots... well, the way Naval Gear operates aircraft is a bit different from what one would envision traditionally. There are no proper 'pilots'. Your planes on the other hand should be something you're familiar with... Artifex? You are one of the engineers here, why not give us some insight?
    So I don't have any sisters... I was hoping Intrepid, Hornet, or Lexington were here since they also had their hulls as museums, but I can't help like there was someone else I was looking for... But who? I mentally shake my head from its brief confusion and disappointment. I'll do my best with these other carriers... Albeit it seems like there was more of us if Repulse is looking nostalgic... or if that was regret if I saw correctly. And our planes don't have pilots? But then how do they fly? Like UAV? I should look into that I guess.

E-eh?! A-ah, yes... uh... I think that Amphi would know better about planes since she's the American Navy specialist between us... ahaha, sorry for being useless...
    "In that case, could you introduce me to Amphi so I can thank her for taking care of my girls for me?"

HMS Faulknor (H62)

Only one other girl introduces herself after she did, which bothers Faulknor personally, but she restrained herself from making any remarks or asking them to do so; she must remember that not all fleet girls are like her, that some must have retained their old personality and the likes, and thus it is simply ignorant and rude to expect everyone to act professionally or even cordial to each other...

That doesn't make it any less improper for the destroyer though.

At the very least the US girls seems to be nice. The silver lining in this situation.

That's why to distract herself from these negative thoughts, Faulknor had chosen to listen to what Artifex had to say instead.

"W-well, to put it as simply as possible, this was all a preliminary setup: this tasteless substance that you've all absorbed basically acts as a catalyst for various reactions in your body, allowing for better synchronisation with Naval Gear, integration of certain special wavelengths in your sensory capabilities, and proper strengthening and development of your Fleet Girl properties to their fullest."
    "Then there is no need to feel guilty or nervous, Artifex." Faulknor reassures with a smile. "You simply did what needs to be done with our best interest in mind, so held your head up high. I, at the very least, sees nothing wrong with it nor do I held you with any kind of grudge. As Yorktown said, we should be thanking you instead."

Ending that with a thank you, Faulknor's attention soon shifted to the new arrival of a girl in a peculiar outfit of red and white, one that she thought to be called a shrine maiden outfit. And although she had never met one before, this must mean that the graceful lady who is massaging the sleeping girl is one of the IJN ships - Fuso if what Repulse said is true - and she must admit she is quite intrigued by a ship girl from the far east.

That is why Faulknor made sure to carefully observe what is about to unfold.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Admiral Graf Spee
    Date:
    16 April, 20XX
    Time:
    07:30
    Weather:
    Clear Sky, Sunrise

U-Um, yes... I suppose I'll answer about the whole sleeping drugs thing since I was the one responsible for it.

W-well, to put it as simply as possible, this was all a preliminary setup: this tasteless substance that you've all absorbed basically acts as a catalyst for various reactions in your body, allowing for better synchronization with Naval Gear, integration of certain special wavelengths in your sensory capabilities, and proper strengthening and development of your Fleet Girl properties to their fullest."
    Hoh? So there was a reason other than just knocking us out. Or rather, if the main function of the drug was to increase our abilities then knocking us out would be considered an unfortunate side effect. If that were the case then it made sense to use it to prep us for transport to this classified base.

But Mein Gott did Artifex's bashful act look adorable.

Without thinking I walked over to the repair ship and patted her on the head.

"Fufufu. Good girl, good girl. You were doing it for our sakes, weren't you? No need to worry your precious little head."

Aaaaaah, such a cute girl.

Wait, my expression was turning all mushy! I had to regain my composure quickly!

"Anyways," I coughed and stood at attention.

"I haven't introduced myself, haven't I? I am KMS Admiral Graf Spee, former flagship of the German Navy. Please to make your acquaintances."
    <Airen> I play hetero every once in awhile
    Spoiler:
    <~Katie> dude who gives a fuck about girls being gay, sometimes girls aren't gay and that decision should be respected

Spoiler:
    [12:21.40] that might be a top tier post[12:21.45] frantic[12:21.47] post of the month, even[12:21.48] this right here[12:21.49] is MC [12:21.56] johnny has nothing on this dude[12:22.00] he's the MC of the nisio half[12:22.12] so wait[12:22.15] [ ] is, after all, my rival character[12:22.16] am i the gag heroine[12:22.20] yes

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    USS San Francisco – Francesca
    Weather: Clear sky, Sunrise

“Eh…?”

Francesca had quite the surprised reaction at not having her face meet the floor at full force, instead, finding herself wrapped in something warm, and staring straight at the face of the German ship, which was near. Too near. Way too near.

“Eeep! Lemme go!” Despite knowing fully well that this was quite the farce, a light blush still colored Francesca’s face, embarrassment provoked by many reasons surfacing. She struggled out of Hipper’s grip, and with a quick dash, hid behind Repulse.

“W-who g-gave you permission to touch the great me?!” She said, pointing at Hipper from behind Repulse. “B-but thanks for the save…” She added, in a lower tone of voice.

“A-anyway! It might have been for our own good, but I’d still have liked to be informed beforehand of the procedure. Miss Artifex, I shall deign to magnanimously forgive you from your transgressions, but please, next time tell me before feeding me drugs!” She said in a tone that mixed both indignation and forgiveness, all while still hiding behind Repulse.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ning Hai
    Time: 07:30

Something’s touching me.

I almost flinch at first, but it doesn’t feel bad. Good, even. Comforting when I should feel anything but; I might actually just fall asleep here.

They talk among themselves as something continues to rub my shoulders. Logistic, commanding positions, sleeping drugs, the works. Words that mean nothing to me but noise. Even through the roaring engines and battering wind, the chatter among the girls, I feel myself falling sleep.

And yet—

I flinch. What was it? Panic? Fear? I don’t know. The thought of sleeping. Of dreaming. Of seeing something again that I’d rather forget.

A jolt awake. Cover’s blown. Ish. I shift around in my seat, stretching a little, eyes still bleary and muscles still tense, and tilt my head back, looking up. At the figure behind me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.