Thread: Trying to run the Mahoyo trial to no avail

Trying to run the Mahoyo trial to no avail

Greetings. I'm currently trying to run the trial version of Mahoyo on my computer. I've successfully changed the locale and restarted my computer. However, I keep getting this message every time I try to run the application, I get the following message. (which I'll attach after creating the thread). C

Could any of you provide some assistance?

- - - Updated - - -
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Pretzelz; August 16th, 2017 at 05:55 PM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Use imgur
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Ok, here we go.
    Here's my issue

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    You need a patch to run it on windows 8/10. But I don't remember where to get it.

I probably won't be yelled at for this
    ***************************s/56arrp9gpje518v/Windows%208%2064-bit%20Patch.zip?dl=0
    Last edited by lopalop2; August 17th, 2017 at 02:00 PM.

Send me a pm if you need a link for game files(patch,translation files,etc...)

Quote Originally Posted by lopalop2 View Post
    You need a patch to run it on windows 8/10. But I don't remember where to get it.

I probably won't be yelled at for this
    ***************************s/56arrp9gpje518v/Windows%208%2064-bit%20Patch.zip?dl=0
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostWolf View Post
    Send me a pm if you need a link for game files(patch,translation files,etc...)
    https://www.typemoon.com/users/download/?pc=WOHN

I found this patch. How exactly do I get it to work though?

For the first patch (.tpm files), you would copy them to the Mahoyo plugin directory in Program Files, replacing the existing files. Should be C:\Program Files (x86)\TYPE-MOON\魔法使いの夜\plugin

For the second patch, you would copy those files to the savedata/patches directory. On my Windows 7 machine, it's under C:\Users\YOURACCOUNT\Documents\TYPE-MOON\魔法使いの夜\patches.
    One caveat if you are planning on using McJon's translation patch. The first patch file in McJon's patch is called patch.xp3, which conflicts with the Type-Moon patch. What I did was rename the Type-Moon patch to "101patch.xp3" and "101patch.xp3.sig". This way both the Type-Moon patch and McJon's patch should be able to coexist.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleron View Post
    For the first patch (.tpm files), you would copy them to the Mahoyo plugin directory in Program Files, replacing the existing files. Should be C:\Program Files (x86)\TYPE-MOON\魔法使いの夜\plugin

For the second patch, you would copy those files to the savedata/patches directory. On my Windows 7 machine, it's under C:\Users\YOURACCOUNT\Documents\TYPE-MOON\魔法使いの夜\patches.
    One caveat if you are planning on using McJon's translation patch. The first patch file in McJon's patch is called patch.xp3, which conflicts with the Type-Moon patch. What I did was rename the Type-Moon patch to "101patch.xp3" and "101patch.xp3.sig". This way both the Type-Moon patch and McJon's patch should be able to coexist.
    By first/second patch, do u mean the ones included in the link I provided? If so, should the first method work well on W10?

Ok, so I tried it. Here are the results.

I used the first method btw.

Sorry if I was unclear earlier. There are two patches on the typemoon.com link you sent. "forWin8x64.zip", which contains the two .TPM files, and "patch.zip", which is the 1.0.1 patch. I imagine the 1.0.1 patch does not apply to the trial. But maybe the Win8 patch does not either. It's supposed to go in a 'plugin' subdirectory, but you don't seem to have that.

Were there .TPM files in the main program directory originally? That is, did you overwrite the existing ones, or were there not any .tpm files there to begin with? I wonder if it is an incomplete installation.

You may want to just grab the full version of Mahoyo, the fixes are known to work on that. If you're a Type-Moon fan, you'll enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleron View Post
    Sorry if I was unclear earlier. There are two patches on the typemoon.com link you sent. "forWin8x64.zip", which contains the two .TPM files, and "patch.zip", which is the 1.0.1 patch. I imagine the 1.0.1 patch does not apply to the trial. But maybe the Win8 patch does not either. It's supposed to go in a 'plugin' subdirectory, but you don't seem to have that.

Were there .TPM files in the main program directory originally? That is, did you overwrite the existing ones, or were there not any .tpm files there to begin with? I wonder if it is an incomplete installation.

You may want to just grab the full version of Mahoyo, the fixes are known to work on that. If you're a Type-Moon fan, you'll enjoy it.
    Yeah, there are two. One with .tbm and .tbm.sig. Both before and after I overwrote it.

About the full version, are there any recommendations on where I could import it? I know of couple myself.