Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Non-straight/hetero characters in Type-Moon

US Friend Code
    I though japanese didn't actually have gendered pronouns or something? So most of the "reconizing the player's gender" would really not be needed in the first place since it's easier to write "genderneutral" or whatever.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Most dudes don't say watakushi or atashi and most girls don't say ore
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Wait, we're talking about FGO though right? The player barely talks already there, but tbh I can't say if he uses this sort of expression you mentioned since I didn't read the original japanese and was speaking more about the other characters in the game and how they refer to the player.

Your personal pronoun changes. I meant that female Servants flirt and males don't and so on. Or that only female Servants waifu for you. Or how various scenes are written with 'such and such is any man's dream!' and often ignoring that you aren't one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Most dudes don't say watakushi
    What about on the phone at work

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Enlighten me, one who is learned in the ways of the land of the rising sun more than I and my three years of high school Japanese
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Sry business manner too hard

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, never knew that. Is it common?

Also, pretty sure Sakura is straight, the thing with Rin seems to be more of a complex than attraction.

It's like how in Hollow, almost everyone is all over Saber when they talk to her(even Himuro seems to wet her drawers a bit talking with Saber, and I would have pegged her 100% hetero.)except Sakura, who just treats her like a regular bro.
    Do we judge possibly hetero/bi judgements when we factor in supernatural charisma? I would think that might change who we perceive as swinging one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Hmm, never knew that. Is it common?

Also, pretty sure Sakura is straight, the thing with Rin seems to be more of a complex than attraction.

It's like how in Hollow, almost everyone is all over Saber when they talk to her(even Himuro seems to wet her drawers a bit talking with Saber, and I would have pegged her 100% hetero.)except Sakura, who just treats her like a regular bro.
    Do we judge possibly hetero/bi judgements when we factor in supernatural charisma? I would think that might change who we perceive as swinging one way or the other.
    This part of your post actually made me wonder to myself if Medb's skills/NP would work at all on gay men, or Diarmuid's towards lesbians. But since 'lol magic' is involved and there are hardly any straight up gay characters in TM so far(at least from what I've read/seen), I digress.

Didn't Hollow have Shirou/Sakura/Medusa somewhere tho?

US Friend Code
    The threesome was actually just Medusa and Shirou (spoiler I guess?)

Ah, in that case nevermind.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Hollow's been translated for... I think more than a year at this point, it isn't too much of a spoiler any more, if it ever was.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderSnapper View Post
    This part of your post actually made me wonder to myself if Medb's skills/NP would work at all on gay men
    Doubtful. If the original myths are anything to go by, she couldn't seduce Ferdiad.

Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    Gil is not straight friend
    All pleasures of the world, ALL

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Pretty sure it was mentioned in Zero Material that he was fucking her as practice for stabbing Iri in the back actually.

Just in case anyone forgot how incredibly fucked up Kerry was
    Damn it, that man was physically unable of enjoy something.

I wish that Prisma Illya Maiya is alive and good and appears sometime.

In all seriousness, at least I'm almost sure that most or almost all of European Servants are bi.
    Last edited by ballinamon; August 31st, 2017 at 01:58 AM.

JP Friend Code
    You know, technically Da Vinci is a trans who used to be a homossexual man.

Honestly, you can make an argument* about nearly every Fate character being bisexual, especially when it comes to the Servants.

Shirou: can romance at least 3 girls in F/SN, but is also suspiciously interested in swords/weaponry...
    Rin: comes out as bisexual during F/SN.
    Shinji: lecherous creep towards girls, but he is very touchy-feely with his new shiny golden Servant, and also has that one Hanafuda ending...
    Issei: has a crush on Shirou, but also gets starry-eyed when thinking about Medea and is INSTANTLY charmed by Arturia when he meets her. Oh, and I've also had more than one person tell me that they saw Issei's general disapproval of Rin/Ayako/girls as UST/repressed attraction.
    Kotomine: technically suffering-sexual, but he did father a biological child and spent ten years living with Gilgamesh (see Gil's entry).

Arturia: falls for Shirou in one F/SN route, but is also intimate with Rin that route. And she is VERY "Knightly" to her "Lady" Irisviel in F/Z...
    Medusa: has a crush on both Shirou and Ayako in F/HA, also mentions in F/GO that she doesn't mind dating girls.
    Medea: is selflessly devoted to her "husband" Kuzuki, but also gets a lot of sexual pleasure from molesting Arturia. And she's Greek.
    Hercules: well, nothing about his sex life has been alluded to in any TM work, but in his original legend he pretty much fucked every man and woman he came across. Also, he's Greek.
    Cu Chulainn: is spoken of by other characters as a real ladykiller, but he also kind-of-sort-of hits on Shirou in F/HA, calls Diarmuid beautiful in F/UC, and his original myth has some pretty strong homoerotic implications about him and Ferdiad ("I loved the way you blushed...").
    Gilgamesh: "As long as it's cute, it's A-O-K. A true hero is not concerned with the likes of male and female!" Not to mention Enkidu. Or the fact that he's "tasted all the pleasures in the world". Or how his leading of Kotomine to the dark side comes off as him seducing said priest which is not helped by Urobuchi all but openly stating that he ships KotoGil. Or how some translations of the original stone tablets can be interpreted as him sleeping around with both men and women even PRIOR to meeting Enkidu. Or... you know what, just Gilgamesh in general, really.

Iskandar: confirmed by Urobuchi to be bisexual, not to mention his irl sexscapades - not even EUNUCHS were safe!
    Gilles de Rais: noted in his character bio that he likes feminine boys and masculine girls.
    Diarmuid: chivalry wanker, would probably blow dudes to prove his loyalty. And gets starstruck by Cu Chulainn in F/UC.
    Waver: slept with Iskandar at least once for mana(tm), so he's got the non-straight part down.

Nero: "I love all humans, without regard to their gender."
    Tamamo: "Well, I'd be at a bit more easy if you were a man but I can always use my magic to work things out~<3"
    Vlad (Extra): calls Hakuno's Servant a "supremely gorgeous creature" and that they are the muse(Nero&Tamamo)/Apollo(EMIYA) he's been looking for.
    Hans: was likely bisexual irl, as he never got over his first love (a woman) and wrote the Little Mermaid as a way of dealing with his unrequited a love for another man.
    Kiara: kisses both male!Hakuno and female!Hakuno.
    Meltlilith: goes yandere for either of the Hakunos or EMIYA.
    Passionlip: same as Meltlilith, minus the EMIYA part.

Astolfo: confirmed in side materials that he doesn't care about gender differences as long as he likes someone personally.
    Achilles: like with Hercules, his sex life is not alluded to (afaik) in TM, but in his legend he was a smash hit with the ladies and likely was boning his best friend Patroclus. Oh, and guess what? He's Greek.
    Mordred: may or may not qualify as genderqueer/nonbinary, which by proxy means that any romantic/sexual relationship she has will always have a degree of queerness to it.
    Shakespeare: it's Shakespeare.

Enkidu: spent a whole week having sex with a divine harlot (female), and then he met Gilgamesh (male).
    Richard: assumed to be have been bi/gay irl, but the subject IS hotly debated among scholars so who knows...

Fergus: falls for the player character regardless of their gender, but doesn't pursue a relationship. One-night stands are fine though!
    Mata Hari: notes in My Room that she likes both men and women.
    Brynhildr: mostly falls for male characters... as well as Ushiwakamaru and Jeanne Alter.
    Jeanne Alter: wants a harem of edgy pretty boys, but finds Brynhildr's "massage sessions" very stimulating...
    Anne Bonny & Mary Read: their bio mention them having male lovers (and both getting knocked up), but they are also pretty much in love with each other and invites the player character for threesomes.
    D'Eon: can not only change their gender at will, but is also part of Marie's harem and falls for the player character.
    Leonidas: he's Spartan (in other words, Greek), they were pretty much required by society to be bisexual.
    Caesar: he's Gree- I mean Roman, though to be fair there isn't quite enough evidence to prove he really did have an affair with that one King dude.
    Phantom of the Opera: an arguable case due to his madness, but he does refer to the player character as "Christine" and tells them they have a beautiful voice...
    Leonardo da Vinci: lived as a gay cis man, is summoned as a straight transwoman.
    Medb: prefers men by a HUGE margin, but boasts about being able to seduce women (and invites Mashu to her chariot).

... And these are just the ones I can remember on top of my head. Probably missed a few. Cheers.

* Key word here being "argument", as in, it can be argued either way whether a character is queer or not. Some examples I give here are by actual credible sources (like Urobuchi confirming Iskandar's bisexuality) but most can easily just be interpreted as subtext or historians not agreeing with each other. Basically what I'm saying is that some characters have more, err, groundwork done if you wanna headcanon character X as bi/gay, though it does NOT mean everyone will agree with you. ^^;
    Last edited by Agonist; September 1st, 2017 at 09:38 PM. Reason: some clarifications were needed
    ♥ ♥ ♥ Muh favourite Fate ships ♥ ♥ ♥

get rekt non-believers

The naked TRUTH about your waifu/husbando:
    Spoiler:
    They are absolutely wonderful, truly deserving of your love and I hope from the bottom of my heart that you are happy together~ ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Arturia: falls for Shirou in one F/SN route, but is also intimate with Rin that route and was married to a woman during her reign as king.
    Not trying to discount Arturia, but wasn't her 'marriage' to Guinevere just to keep up appearances?

Medb: prefers men by a HUGE margin, but boasts about being able to seduce women (and invites Mashu to her chariot).
    While I couldn't honestly take her boasting that seriously, she does technically count given you can still use her NP on anyone (though it's definitely MUCH more effective on men).

The closest I found to an 'invitation' was:
    Mashu
    And the opponent doesn’t get blown back either, so I was wondering what kind of attack it is.
    That’s my question.

Medb
    Wait, really? You want to see it? Do you really?

Could anyone point out where Medb says this? Seeing her expression would help clarify the context a bit more. (Doesn't help that this video lacks any subtitles or captions/subtitles.)

I got an idea on where, but her expression doesn't show much (or any, really) interest/seductiveness. Correct me if I'm mistaken please.
    Here's what I mean

It tells me 'Whoa, you serious bro??' *then proceeds to get back to talking about how awesome badass men are shortly after*
    Last edited by Pretzelz; September 1st, 2017 at 12:12 PM.

Well first of all, I can't read Japanese so I mostly rely on other moonspeakers to get summaries/translations of most TM material. Meaning that I likely have read some parts several times by different people = different people translating stuff differently = I only remember parts of one/several translations = those part are then stitched together in my mind = it gets further warped when I paraphrase it in written form. Not to mention English isn't even my first language so either way I have a language barrier to overcome. It doesn't EXCUSE me spreading misinformation of course, but it explains it. Now I'm scared if even half of the examples I posted have some credibility to them...

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderSnapper View Post
    Not trying to discount Arturia, but wasn't her 'marriage' to Guinevere just to keep up appearances?
    Hmmm, my memory is a bit fuzzy on this part, but I vaguely remember reading somewhere (Garden of Avalon, I think?) that she DID have some feelings for Guinevere but either supressed them or eventually grew out of it, in both cases due to her being the perfect but unapproachable king. Or was that just fanfiction/mistranslated?

While I couldn't honestly take her boasting that seriously, she does technically count given you can still use her NP on anyone (though it's definitely MUCH more effective on men).

The closest I found to an 'invitation' was:
    Mashu
    And the opponent doesn’t get blown back either, so I was wondering what kind of attack it is.
    That’s my question.

Medb
    Wait, really? You want to see it? Do you really?

Could anyone point out where Medb says this? Seeing her expression would help clarify the context a bit more. (Doesn't help that this video lacks any subtitles or captions/subtitles.)

I got an idea on where, but her expression doesn't show much (or any, really) interest/seductiveness. Correct me if I'm mistaken please.
    Here's what I mean

It tells me 'Whoa, you serious bro??' *then proceeds to get back to talking about how awesome badass men are shortly after*
    Hmm, this is something I'm interested in too.
    Last edited by Agonist; September 1st, 2017 at 12:46 PM.
    ♥ ♥ ♥ Muh favourite Fate ships ♥ ♥ ♥

get rekt non-believers

The naked TRUTH about your waifu/husbando:
    Spoiler:
    They are absolutely wonderful, truly deserving of your love and I hope from the bottom of my heart that you are happy together~ ♥

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post

Hmmm, my memory is a bit fuzzy on this part, but I vaguely remember reading somewhere (Garden of Avalon, I think?) that she DID have some feelings for Guinevere but either supressed them or eventually grew out of it, in both cases due to her being the perfect but unapproachable king. Or was that just fanfiction/mistranslated?
    It's the other way around, it was Guinevere who had feelings for Arthur but after finding out the truth she had to suppress them. After that their relationship became platonic with both considering the other to be their best friend, though that didn't help Guinevere much now that she was forced out of a love-life.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here