Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567

Thread: Non-straight/hetero characters in Type-Moon

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    It's the other way around, it was Guinevere who had feelings for Arthur but after finding out the truth she had to suppress them. After that their relationship became platonic with both considering the other to be their best friend, though that didn't help Guinevere much now that she was forced out of a love-life.
    Oh, okay I see, I'll edit my post accordingly. I really, REALLY should re-read a bunch of Type-Moon works, as it looks like I've gotten most of my information mixed up. ^^;
    ♥ ♥ ♥ Muh favourite Fate ships ♥ ♥ ♥

get rekt non-believers

The naked TRUTH about your waifu/husbando:
    Spoiler:
    They are absolutely wonderful, truly deserving of your love and I hope from the bottom of my heart that you are happy together~ ♥

Issei canonically doesn't have a crush on Shirou in SN. He just seems that way, but maybe our collective gaydar is too easily tripped these days. (I still prefer to think he does, and the spinoffs are a different story, of course...)
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Leonidas: he's Spartan (in other words, Greek), they were pretty much required by society to be bisexual.
    Please read up both on Spartan laws and pederasty as a social practice in various parts of Greece. Leonidas, whoever he liked, did not and could not have sex with either boys or men. He'd be shunned by Spartans and would certainly not be a king.
    Neither afaik is Achilles written to have had a sexual relationship with Patroclus who is a grown man, being a receiving partner for either of them would be shameful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Walnut Sparks View Post
    but maybe our collective gaydar is too easily tripped these days.
    This, homosocial and homosexual are not the same, even if one can signify the other.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Achilles and Patroclus's relationship isn't explicitly sexual (but still very close) in Homer, but like bascly every other Greek writer had them as a couple.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achill...s_in_antiquity
    Last edited by asterism42; September 4th, 2017 at 03:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    And as that article points out, all those writers had to figure out who will be the eromenos. Will they emasculate the great hero Achilles or Patroclus, who HAS A BEARD! It just shows how a society prefers to interpret characters by their own standards.

That being said, they're fictional, so there is no reason not reinterpret them as author sees fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmadillo View Post
    That being said, they're fictional, so there is no reason not reinterpret them as author sees fit.
    I think the point is that saying "Achilles was bi" is too simplistic on multiple counts. Which unfortunately makes me wonder about whether we can take source mythology/history into account in a setting where characters regularly turn out to be nothing like how they are in the source material.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

Nero is historically confirmed gay and Da Vinci is rumored to be gay. Since Nero is female in the Nasuverse, she is no longer gay. Da Vinci might still be gay though, which could explain why he prefers to take Mona Lisa's appearance. Ann and Mary might be, I don't know much about them. What Blackbeard said is just a joke so can't take that seriously. Even then though, they probably bi.

Everyone else is just wild fantasies and speculations base on mostly minor details. Homosexuality is rare enough in real life, take a game like FGO that revolves entirely around waifus and its gonna be pretty hard to find a lesbian. At most you'll have a bi for those who have a yuri fetish.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    I'm sure Illya will be surprised to learn she doesn't exist.

Not confirmed. All we know is he and Maiya kissed, unless there's a materials book that confirms it.
    Given how much of a douche he is, I wouldn't be surprised if he did bang her.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderSnapper View Post
    I do recall Mikiya hinting at being pansexual when a topic arose on whether he'd still have affections toward Shiki if she were male. (Though I can't remember what his response was, or if he gave any at all)
    "Male" Shiki is still biologically female so that says a whole lot of nothing about Mikiya's sexuality. Though I don't find it impossible that he could be Shiki-sexual, at least by the end of the story anyways.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Wow, for a first post, quite a dare

Quote Originally Posted by Jocko View Post
    Since Nero is female in the Nasuverse, she is no longer gay.
    That's...not actually true?

Da Vinci might still be gay though, which could explain why he prefers to take Mona Lisa's appearance.
    This is just weird, since your own preference sexually does not tie 1=1 to your own sexual identification. A man attracted to another man may be gay, but that's assuming they actually identify as a man. If Da Vinci were to identify as female, have a female body, and is attracted to a man...that makes you "still" gay? Really?

What Blackbeard said is just a joke so can't take that seriously.
    You're new here, so maybe you don't know, but jokes are top tier lore.

Everyone else is just wild fantasies and speculations base on mostly minor details.
    Well when some things historically or mythologically are just a bunch of minor details gathered together...

Homosexuality is rare enough in real life,
    ????????????????????

"Male" Shiki is still biologically female so that says a whole lot of nothing about Mikiya's sexuality.
    The point in question was when posed with the possibility of Shiki being a dude through and through, whether Mikiya would still feel the same way, and he says he would. Which pisses Azaka off for being sick. Which is ironic because Azaka.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    GO made it so that your favorite servant is bi now and you will have to live with it because VA's are expensive and flagging another set of myroom lines is also more coding work nobody wants to do.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Da Vinci is aestheticsexual. Nero too.

Same

JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    Pretty sure Nero is pan

JP Friend Code
    Nasu was inspired by Utena and people still think there are straights in TM lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    GO made it so that your favorite servant is bi now and you will have to live with it because VA's are expensive and flagging another set of myroom lines is also more coding work nobody wants to do.
    It’s probably just the VA thing since they already have gender flags in the game script that they use to determine whether everyone calls you chan or kun.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Da Vinci is aestheticsexual. Nero too.
    Da Vinci no, not the vaporwave...
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3