Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4912131415161924 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall 2017 Anime

Banned
    Blog Entries
    In terms of Juuni Taisen, is Rabbit killing Snake before the start of the tournament going to screw up calculations about which order the contestants die in?

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kotelo View Post
    Isn't that the final boss on D-Eon's interlude?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Today on Netjuu no Susume: cute cake is confronted with the gacha and the desire sensor.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just watched the second episode of Zodiac Wars dubbed. I was surprised how Rat's title was translated as 'Killing All' rather then 'Killing in Swarm' like I'd seen it written before, which seems much more rat-appropriate.

I'm totally rooting for Monkey to win at this point, since she seems like the only contestant with any obvious morals. The hints that she could solo the tournament by herself if she ever got serious were also interesting. It makes me wonder just what kind of overwhelming power is hiding behind her pacifist exterior...

Dog was also kind of an idiot to underestimate Chicken that thoroughly from just one glance at her (especially in a contest full of weirdos who are obviously not all they seem). I'm not surprised that he was one of the earliest to go.

Blog Entries
    Update: I forgot to mention this in my initial commentary, but Dog's trick to counter the poison in the Zodiac gem doesn't make a lot of sense. No matter how much of a genius at poisons he is, there's no way he could prepare an antidote to a poison without even knowing what kind of poison it is. It would be one thing if he made an antidote after swallowing it, but doing it before seems rather illogical.

Blog Entries
    Garo: Sophie backstory, Sword being smarter than he looks, and a judo nun. Felt a bit weaker than the first few episodes, but they can't all be winners.

JP Friend Code

face of utter shock and disbelief
    updated 2019/1/10

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ClassicaLoid S2 Episode 4:

Failing to become a hero in F/SN, Archer instead becomes a local deity in Hanamastu. But in all seriousness, it was good to hear Junichi Suwabe have actual lines to speak instead of animal noises. So yeah, this episode focuses on the relationship between Chopin and Dvořák. Shenanigans happen and Dvořák gets turned into the local deity and he gets paraded around like some performance monkey. Chopin, understanding the pain of someone who can't speak up for themselves, tries various wacky schemes to free Dvořák. But of course being a dorky hikikomori, they all go wrong until Chopin sees Dvořák about to be hurt and musters up his Musik!

This time it's Chopin's Waltz in D-flat major - titled "Valse du petit chien" that gets remixed. As the title implies, the theme is little dogs as all those who took advantage of Dvořák get turned into puppies and forced to preform in an illusionary circus as karma. Special mention goes to the dog breeds referencing which country each character comes from - Beethoven being a German Shepherd, Sousuke being a Shiba Inu etc etc.

But in all honesty, as good as this episode was...it was the preview for next week that really got me hyped as my man Schubert is returning to the plot after being absent for three episodes. And if that ridiculous rastacap is any indication, he's been to Jamaica and likely has discovered Reggae much like how he became obsessed with Hip-Hop after travelling to America in Season 1.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

I completely forgot Kekkai Sensen got a second season.

JP Friend Code
    i wasn't going to watch it but if chain's getting an episode i'll do it for her
    updated 2019/1/10

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Houseki no Kuni: dat slug king is too hot and Phos broke again.

Blog Entries
    Decided to check out the first ep of King's Game to see if it really was as terrible as everybody was saying.

...I have so many questions. Why would Nobuaki switch instantly from wanting to let Natsuko die to being desperate to save his whole class? Why does the jock get punished for seemingly no reason when he attacks Nobuaki? How does a guy manage to hang himself and die when his legs are still touching the ground? How come the authorities haven't taken any notice of everybody in Nobuaki's class dying mysteriously?

While the premise itself is rather interesting, almost nothing about the execution (if you'll pardon the pun) makes any sense whatsoever. Along with how blatantly edgy it is, I doubt I'll be watching this any further.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Huh, is Imouto referencing the EDs of other shows with little sisters? Because this episode's ED was straight out of Rakudai.
    canon finish apo vol 3

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Huh, is Imouto referencing the EDs of other shows with little sisters? Because this episode's ED was straight out of Rakudai.
    What? I haven't gotten around to seeing the latest one yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Checked, well would you look at that.
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    It was pretty trippy hearing Shielder's real name in this episode of Mahoutsukai. Also CATS
    canon finish apo vol 3

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Should I be watching this Sister thing?