Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1116192021222326 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall 2017 Anime

Quote Originally Posted by ChiakiKakumei View Post
    So the Tatsumi Bros are "Robin Hood" With bad intentions/own self-interests.
    They aren’t really, though. That was like the whole point of the speech to the kid at the end, right? They aren’t Robin Hoods because they genuinely don’t care. The whole thing means pretty much nothing to them, and they probably find it funny that the people they give their money to usually end up worse off.

Caught up on KuMeYu in anticipation of YuYuYu S2

Why is this a feelgood healing story, I was expecting angst and despair.
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For a battle royale show Zodiac Wars sure loves its anti-climaxes. First Monkey gets shanked without even getting to use her fancy elemental transmutation powers, then Sheep gets taken out in one hit by Tiger before revealing his special ability (which we never even found out, supposedly it had to do with quantum tunnelling?) and Horse literally dies in a hole with his only fight being mostly off-screen. Out of all the characters who died this week (presuming Horse actually did die and isn't going to explode out of the wreckage next ep) I'm most disappointed with Monkey, and not just because she was my favorite character.

She has an incredibly powerful ability (seriously, think how powerful the ability to change the states of matter could be. She could've turned the ground beneath Rabbit's feet into liquid, or solidified the air around his head to suffocate him) yet never uses it in the entire war. The entire Sheep versus Tiger "fight" was also idiotic. The "underestimating your enemy" trope makes no sense when everyone here is supposed to be trained warriors, yet Sheep who's supposedly one of the smartest fighters does it and gets moronically slaughtered for his trouble.

This show seemed promising back in the early episodes, but with the plethora of unlikeable characters (Monkey was the only character who I really sympathized with and she died this ep) and lack of any really satisfying battle sequences I'm seriously considering dropping it at this point. Surprised a show about a bunch of Zodiac-themed furries fighting to the death can be this damned boring.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    She has an incredibly powerful ability (seriously, think how powerful the ability to change the states of matter could be. She could've turned the ground beneath Rabbit's feet into liquid, or solidified the air around his head to suffocate him) yet never uses it in the entire war.
    Pacifist
    Why didn't she literally suffocate Rabbit to death

- - - Updated - - -

Plus I mean that's literally what Nezumi says in the actual show, right? He seemed to think she'd be the strongest fighter is she weren't committed to the whole, y'know, pacifism thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Still, while I do think it makes some sense in context, I'll give you that that doesn't really make it all that much less anticlimactic.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    Pacifist
    Why didn't she literally suffocate Rabbit to death
    Suffocating him doesn't have to mean killing him, y'know. It's not like she couldn't just do it long enough to render him unconscious. Or heck, just destroy those blades of his by transmuting them into dust. Not like it could be any harder then destroying that giant stone statue in her flashback episode.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So basically do what Sam Fisher does to non-lethally knock out enemies in Splinter Cell? Given the nature of the show, characters, like Monkey, by their very nature, won't last long. As for Sheep's alleged quantum tunneling, wasn't that just a lie to explain how he took his own gem "out" (turns out he just put it in his beard and never swallowed it)? I know that all the fighters have specialties, but are those necessarily superpowers? Sheep's specialty would just be the bombs, right?

Blog Entries
    Holy shit that Garo episode. That was sweet as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    So basically do what Sam Fisher does to non-lethally knock out enemies in Splinter Cell? Given the nature of the show, characters, like Monkey, by their very nature, won't last long. As for Sheep's alleged quantum tunneling, wasn't that just a lie to explain how he took his own gem "out" (turns out he just put it in his beard and never swallowed it)? I know that all the fighters have specialties, but are those necessarily superpowers? Sheep's specialty would just be the bombs, right?
    I don’t think so

seems to be a more specific ability for all the others

Boar’s Non-Reload, Chicken’s Eye of the Something or Other, Dog’s internal poisons, Monkey’s matter manipulation stuff, Horse’s body, Snake’s sensory ability, Dragon’s flight, Rabbit’s necromantistry, so on

Boar’s power isn’t just “having guns”, Non-Reload is the ability, yeah?

Presumably his ability would have had something to do with the Old-Timer bomb, so we might still get to learn what it is

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries

what the fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    what the fuck
    What the fuck?
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)

Now that's messed up.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Blog Entries
    What show is that from?

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    Oh it's Dies Irae. I just started watching it.
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)

JP Friend Code
    why is sakurai the most based man in the history of romance anime
    updated 2019/1/10

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ClassicaLoid S2 Episode 8 - "To be Mozart is to fib"

Seeing as Mozart is my least favourite of the Classicaloids, I was hesitant going into this episode which centred around him. But I ended up really enjoying this episode, probably while Mozart is the catalyst that kicks everything off - he's not really the main focus but still gets some nice character development in the end. I feel that if anything S2 has managed to do better than S1, it would be balancing the amount of screen time per character so that even the supporting cast get to show more depth. Anyways, as to the contents of the episode itself. Mozart is trying to avoid the karma of telling so many lies by running around and making them true, only to remember that the day prior he told a cute girl that he'd marry her when she became an adult. Now he finds himself stuck with a under-aged fiancé. Nevertheless her honest and hardworking personality has a positive effect on the musicians in the mansion and everyone is actually getting along...until her parents arrive to take her back home. But Mozart cheers her up by telling her that no matter how far she moves away, she'll always be friends with the gang and they won't forget her. Cheered up lil' Mari goes home and Pad-kun explains that the reason why Mozart befriended Mari was most likely because she reminded him a lot of Marie Antoinette whom the young composer met as a child.

No new Musik remix again this week which is saddening, but it's better not to force a new remix into the episode if it doesn't fit the narrative - which Eine kleine Nachtmusik (from Season 1) did so perfectly this episode. Certainly explains the presence of the mysterious two bonus remixes (Chopin's "Raindrop Prelude" and Liszt's "La Campanella") on the upcoming OST which don't appear used in the actual show, probably there to make up for the last two episodes not containing new Musik.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    That Mahoutsukai was a lot choppier than usual. The dark lighting didn't help matters much either. At least Cartaphilus was solid.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries

Pictured: A thoroughly broken man.

at least nayu and itsuki had a great first time
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    It just occurred to me that the true nature of the King in King's Game is very clearly based off Sadako from The Ring.

Spoilers for both The Ring and King's Game
    The King is a biological virus that somehow became a computer virus. Similarly, Sadako's curse in the original novels is a virus (Smallpox) that spreads through "infecting" a technological medium; videotapes and eventually other technology like computers as well. The backstory behind the curse in King's Game is obviously all different, but the concept is so similar I can't believe the author wasn't inspired to some degree.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Hahaha, I knew that's what Anime-Gataris was going to do for the ED.
    canon finish apo vol 3