Page 1 of 32 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Clarification on who is perma'ed and who isn't.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Clarification on who is perma'ed and who isn't.

Can we please have clarification over who is permabanned or not. At the moment its like your banned, we don't have any idea if they're permbanned or not.

I'm not suggesting you do it for everyone, this would obviously be impractical with all the sockpuppets and things *cough*Mike*cough*cough* but perhaps just people with over 100 posts or have been around for over a month or something simliar?
    Last edited by BlackField; April 28th, 2013 at 11:30 AM.

Blog Entries
    Aka is food perma-banned ? Better be straight about it.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If you want, you can just ask us, there is again, no reason to do this as an announcement.

Yes, before you ask, food is banned perm.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

Blog Entries
    Yeah, he was being a dick, but FOOD NO ;_;
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Eh, he tried to get banned, everybody knows it.

We're just kinda becoming terrible as a community I guess.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Yeah, that's why I'm not arguing it. It's a shame to lose a runemaster, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Welp.

I liked food.

But he wanted to get banned, pretty obviously.

His recent behaviour was kind of ridiculous.
    Last edited by Petrikow; April 28th, 2013 at 11:27 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    And now he will shave his neck and find a mate.

Blog Entries
    I...I found him hilarious. There was one point though, where he seemed to be legitimately arguing something sexist and it wasn't for trolling purposes, that I did start to wonder whether it wasn't an act or he was trying to get banned. It seems like he did want to get banned though, which is a shame.

RIP brave prince.

I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There is no way to differentiate tempbans versus permabans. vBulletin moves all bans into the Banned Users group.

The only difference is that with Tempbans, it reverts it after a given time.

Generally speaking, if we tempban someone, it's for one day, three days, or a week, though shorter periods are possible (I did recently add 1, 2, 3, 6, and 12 hour options). If they're not back after a week, they're almost certainly permed.

Unless we give them a month off for some reason - so far, we have not.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!

Old Quote Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Pulse View Post
    There is no way to differentiate tempbans versus permabans. vBulletin moves all bans into the Banned Users group.

The only difference is that with Tempbans, it reverts it after a given time.
    The simple answer would be to start a list, in the announcements section, with every poster who has more than 100 posts(or similar arbitrary measurement) who has gotten permbanned. It wouldn't be too much effort to click edit then write another name at the bottom of the list.

Blog Entries
    And the simple answer to your proposed answer is no, we're not doing a "List of Shame."

Bans are mostly matters between the staff and the people currently under them. There is no need for other users to be a part of them.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Old Quote Crap!

99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing

Blog Entries
    I don't know if a wall of shame is better then just having the ability to just get the answer "yes" every once in a blue moon.

EDIT: über-sniped
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    If you want, you can just ask us, there is again, no reason to do this as an announcement.

Yes, before you ask, food is banned perm.

YOU WILL FAAAAAALL!!

BECAUSE YOU NEVER TRIED
    TO TRANSLATE FOR YOURSEEEELVES!!

Spoiler:
    Hint: The joke is that while Protoman was justified, he was also retarded.
    Last edited by Ratman; April 28th, 2013 at 12:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackField View Post
    The simple answer would be to start a list, in the announcements section, with every poster who has more than 100 posts(or similar arbitrary measurement) who has gotten permbanned. It wouldn't be too much effort to click edit then write another name at the bottom of the list.
    The simple answer would be to just have a super-basic ban timer alongside the "banned" user title, but nobody wants to (or can't) code a plugin to do it.
    Last edited by Mcjon01; April 28th, 2013 at 12:25 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    The simple answer would be to just have a super-basic ban timer alongside the "banned" user title, but nobody wants to (or can't) code a plugin to do it.
    Why didn't you learn a programming language instead of wasting your time with Japanese?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    That'd be effectively the same as a list. Bad McJon, Darples has already said his (wrong) opinion.

Blog Entries
    It's not the same, because it isn't a list. Lists are bad. A timer justs automates the "when is x coming back" Q&A process without parading people's privacy around or putting all the banned people in one place for everybody to laugh at. Very different.

But again, impossible unless we've had a secret vbulletin developer hanging out in the shadows this whole time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackField View Post
    That'd be effectively the same as a list. Bad McJon, Darples has already said his (wrong) opinion.

Old Quote Crap!

Blog Entries
    Someone decides to make a gif of Rin, with shirou looming over her, bumping up and down, mouth hanging open and a tear at one eye, and thats what they go with?

no accounting for taste!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.