Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightfall (OOC)

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nightfall (OOC)

“When was it that the whole world turned mad? When was it that these nights started?”

“We took the wrong turn. We went to the wrong place…”

“Hahaha… you fool, don’t you realize how all your schemes are in vain? You and me… we’re naught but puppets to be used and discarded. The game will carry on, with or without us.”

“All we gotta do is survive. We have to carry on! We have to keep on living!”

“If I had one wish… it’d be to never have seen the things I have seen, to never have participated in this madness…”

“The world is not the world. That is the guiding principle. If only they could realize how fragile their little reality is… it’d be like ripping a hole through wet paper.”

“I… can… see it... the world… the world is… full of… cracks…”

Tokyo, 2017.

The world seems to have gone mad.

More and more bizarre happenings seem to fill the news and rumor mills. Spontaneous outbursts of pure chaos in random spots of the city. Many people seem to die in increasingly strange and bizarre incidents the police seems to have no answer to. Some people say they saw monsters. Some people say they saw the sky change, sometimes seeming as if it was covered in blood, sometimes looking as if the heavens themselves were about to fall, with strange structures hanging from the clouds… and sometimes, the sky looks as if it was broken, torn apart, full of strangely colored cracks.

Constant unseasonal rainfalls and squalls hit the city since the start of the year. The nights grow increasingly strange. People go missing. Other people fall into comas all of a sudden, without any proper medical explanation. And the strangest thing of this all is… that the authorities are doing nothing. In fact, they seem to seldom acknowledge all these strange happenings. Rumors abound, but people don’t seem to believe them, and proceed with their normal lives. In fact, some who spoke about the weird events, some who claim to have witnessed bizarre things… seem to eerily forget about it all soon afterwards, their memories vague, as if manipulated…

You… are not one of those people. You can’t be, not when someone close to you fell into one of those strange comas and is yet to wake up. Not when you seem to be one of the few able to keep track of the strange happenings and impossible situations that crop up with increasing frequency. Not when you seem to be one of the few ones who seems able to keep their sanity in a world that is growing insane. Yet, perhaps as a way to keep your sanity from fraying apart, you’ve been keeping your daily, normal life going. Until… today. When, along with someone close to you, you took a wrong turn… you made a choice that took you to where you shouldn’t be. It was a normal, random decision, perhaps dining in a different place tonight, perhaps deciding to take a walk when you usually don’t…

And then, your frayed reality finally broke, and you saw the other side of the world.

Now… you have to survive, and find a way out of this problem. As the situation progressively worsens, as the stakes get increasingly higher, you will need to rely in your wits to keep on living and keep on fighting. Not only will you need the firepower to survive your fights, but you’ll need to be constantly investigating, to be figuring the strange, twisted logic that now permeates the world…

Your chances of success may, from the beginning, be zero. But it is up to you if you wish to make possible the impossible.

“Listen, I don’t care about you, I don’t care about you are. Your identity means nothing here. You are yet another faceless mob, another member of the crowd, ready to be randomly exterminated by someone else’s whim. You’ve already lost the game, just by playing it. There is no winning this game… only surviving as long as one can. Understand this… for them, we… are nothing but pawns.”

-------------------------

What is this?

As has become a pattern in my RPs, discovering what this is all about is one of the main points of the RP.

To put things simply, weird shit is going down in Tokyo, and you are going to get dragged into it. It is your job to survive the weird events that assault you, investigate the logic of this increasingly twisted world, and deal with the situations that present themselves to you. All to try and subvert a bad ending that seems to be almost predetermined, even if it is as difficult as clawing your way to the sky, and put an end to this sick ‘game’ you have been forced to play.

You start as a normal person, one who had someone close to them fall into one of these mysterious, unexplainable comas, who along with a companion, run into a strange event that kickstarts the whole nightmare. You can be a normal student, a young detective, a salaryman… all that matters is that you will have to use all your resources at your disposition, both mundane or supernatural, to carry on your objectives.

This RP is a mix of investigation and action, putting emphasis on both of those, as well as making full employment of your wits to survive and achieve your objectives. To this end, most of the stuff in your sheet will affect mainly the social and investigative aspect of the RP. When it comes to your actual powers and supernatural stuff, they’ll be relatively more limited than what is normal in this kind of RPs, with an aim to make for more JoJo-like fights, relying more in the intelligent use of your abilities to achieve victory, rather than just pure firepower. More about this will be explained in character creation.

Number of slots? Deadline?

Number of slots will be 5-6, with 6 being the absolute maximum. Deadline for the sheets will be the 26th, although I can end the wait earlier if all of those who've expressed interest have already sent their sheets. Deadline for players to answer updates will be of 2 weeks, leeway given as needed.

The slots will be decided by whose sheets I like better, as well as which sheets cover the different niches available in the RP, combine well together, etc. Basically your classic merit decision.

Character creation?

First, I’d like to say that while I don’t mind a joke or a meme in the sheet, I will absolutely not accept full memesheets. I also don’t mind if the character is a little or more than a bit fucked up, but I’d rather not have a character start as an edgy psycho murderer.

Those warnings said, here’s the data to fill in your sheet, as well as some explanations on the system:

Character creation

Name:

Appearance: Insert standard animu fc here

Gender: You can play a trap if you want but don’t lie to the gm thx.

Personality: A general description of how your character is like. Doesn’t need to be in depth, just gimme an idea of how your character is like.

Backstory: Character’s background, current environment, current occupation family, etc.

Element: Choose one between these twelve elements: Fire, Earth, Water, Wind, Light, Dark, Metal, Nature, Mana (representing pure energy, the most ‘neutral’ element), Ice, Blood (representing lifeforce and inner physical strength) and Lightning. These elements affect mostly the supernatural skills and abilities you get later, although they can (and should) be representative of personality traits.

Lost: A person close to you who fell into one of these strange, mysterious comas. Perhaps the main reason for you to participate in this strange game…

Companion: Your closest person and most trusted confidant, who gets dragged alongside you into the strange events of a Tokyo gone mad. This companion is very important, not only emotionally and socially, but also because they are what is known as “Lifeline”. Suffice to say, you really don’t want your Companion to die, as it may have extremely adverse effects on you, and viceversa.

Statistics:

Strength (STR): Physical strength of the character. How hard your physical attacks hit, how much you can lift, your carry capacity, etc.

Endurance (END): Physical endurance of the character. How many hits you can take, how much damage you take, your stamina, etc.

Agility (AGI): Physical speed and reflexes of the character. How fast you can move, how much you can dodge, your general acrobatics, etc. The dodge stat, basically.

Dexterity (DEX): Dexterity and precision. How precise your hits are, the complexity of the maneuvers you can pull, how skilled you are at wielding your various skills and abilities, etc. The hit stat, basically.

Spirit (SPI): The potency of the energy of your soul. Determines the power behind your supernatural abilities, as well as how much energy you have at your disposal. Your magic stat.

Existence (EXS): The ability to maintain your ‘existence’ intact, unaffected by external changes. Determines the ability to resist supernatural phenomena and supernatural influence. Your magic resistance stat.

Spiritual Rank: The level of your soul as it undergoes Spiritual Ascension. Unlike in Titanomachy, rather than being an overall estimate, here it is a strict indicator of level, as you only get new stat points and abilities when your SRank goes up. Starts at 1.

Self: Not a Sanity indicator, but rather, the representation of the very health of your soul, the health of your ‘identity’. Various events you’ll meet will erode not only your character’s sanity, but also their very identity, slowly but surely turning them into a mindless thrall. The only way to heal your Self is through events that reaffirm your identity, be it through bonds or something else. If it reaches 0, things will get really bad for your character…

The way the system works is a restricted interpretative type, much like Regalia, Fort and Ga Rei, basing itself in stat comparison and a big focus on decision-making to determine outcomes. The stats will start at 0, and range from rank E onwards, all the way to rank S, and even more, although ranks above S aren’t going to matter to you for a long time. The way ranks and the points to buy them work is as follows:

E-class: Substandard, below the human average.
    E: 10 points. E+: 15 points. E++: 20 points. E+++: 25 points.

D-class: Human average. You ain’t an Olympic athlete, but you aren’t that bad off either.
    D: 30 points. D+: 35 points. D++: 40 points. D+++: 45 points.

C-class: Olympic tier. C+ would be something akin to Usain Bolt in terms of speed, and it would be the limit of what your character can display at the start of the RP until you witness the Other Side. C++ and C++ are already superhuman, but not overly so.
    C: 50 points. C+: 60 points. C++: 70 points. C+++: 80 points.

B-class: Low superhuman. You surpass human limits rather obviously, but not exaggeratedly so. You can lift cars and produce a blur when you move at your top speed.
    B: 90 points. B+: 100 points. B++: 110 points. B+++: 120 points.

A-class: Completely superhuman. At this point, you can crack and break concrete with your punches, lift and throw trucks, and dodge bullets by taking advantage of your superior reflexes and tracking.
    A: 140 points. A+: 160 points. A++: 180 points. A+++: 200 points.

S-class: At this point, you tear through concrete as if it was wet paper, and lifting buses is a light exercise. Your speed reaches the barrier of sound. You could put your underwear over your pants and put on a red cape, and you would be justified.
    S: 220 points. S+: 240 points. S++: 260 points. S+++: 280 points.

Your starting points to distribute will be 350. While it may seem low, do take into account you’ll level up frequently as the game goes on, and that while stats may be important in terms of determining your character’s basic capacities, you’ll more often than not find yourself overwhelmed in terms of direct confrontation. Your abilities will be indeed much more important in comparison.

Traits:

Your character’s perks. The representation of your character’s place in the world, what they’re like, the tools at their disposal. They’re not things that affect combat, generally, but rather, represent your status in society and provide tools for you to use in the mundane world, aid to your investigations and affairs. Of course, this does not mean combat is not affected: for example, if you are a policeman or are trained in martial arts, it will give an interpretative advantage in comparison to others that aren’t trained in combat, and will aid in comparisons made at the same rank, although the aspect of the policeman perk that allows you to access resources of the Police Department will be much more valuable. A perk that has to do with being rich and possessing status will aid you in acquiring a base of operations, or acquiring better weaponry, an occult knowledge perk may aid you in investigating scenes of supernatural happenings or identifying enemies, and so on.

Up to three Traits can be created. More may be obtained throughout the RP, but those will be fairly rare. Some Traits may also possess the capacity to evolve, although, again, that will be quite rare.

Unique Power:

The character’s power is what defines the majority of the abilities obtained once they witness the Other Side of the world. Smart usage of these powers is what is going to decide the outcome of most fights; getting inventive with the application of your skills is both encouraged and recommended.

Each character’s power is a unique imprint of their soul, and, if it has to be compared to something, it would be to a Stand’s ability in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure. Each power will also be subdivided in further applications that will be obtained and improved as the character levels up. These applications are called Skills.

Skills, and powers, are going to be handled similarly to Titanomachy’s spiritual power level ups, being designed through conversation between Player and GM. There is not going to be any yellowtext here: it is better if you think of your characters skills as being a bunch of smaller Stand-like powers with limitations in place that would encourage creativity in their usage.

You won’t start the game with your power unlocked, and only upon acquiring it will you obtain your first skill.

A very simplified example of how Unique Powers would work: let’s say your character’s power is Acceleration. One skill would be, for example, accelerating objects to shoot them like projectiles. Another would be accelerating yourself, which would translate to a boost to most aspects of the AGI and DEX stats, and so on. However, on the first skill, you’d have to note that most objects wouldn’t be able to take the acceleration without breaking apart and dispersing, depending on the distance towards the target, which would translate in a restriction the player would need to work around depending on the circumstances.

Apart from the Skills and your Unique Power, there exist other, more ‘generic’ skills that can be learned through a variety of ways, for example, schools and systems of magic, which come with their own restrictions. More about this kind of Skill will be learnt during the RP itself.

Don’t be afraid to ask any questions regarding the setting and the like. Remember the GM is your friend; I’m conscious some parts are vague so I welcome any questions potential players might have.
    Last edited by RacingeR; September 16th, 2017 at 06:33 PM.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gimme a few hours ( 0_0)
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    am ready

Blog Entries
    No murderers? No memes?!

its like racing just straight up said "no tobys allowed"

;_;
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    No murderers? No memes?!

its like racing just straight up said "no tobys allowed"

;_;
    i never said anything about your character's second personality not being a murdermeme

or ur third personality if thats ur thing
    Last edited by RacingeR; September 16th, 2017 at 06:46 PM.

quotes
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

Blog Entries
    is titan dead OwO

(JK I'm making sheet soon)
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    No Toucan?
    No.

Plz don't make your sheet a weretoucan.

Although it'd be pretty funny.

quotes

Alright, I'm interested.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Interesante
    <Airen> I play hetero every once in awhile
    Spoiler:
    <~Katie> dude who gives a fuck about girls being gay, sometimes girls aren't gay and that decision should be respected

Spoiler:
    [12:21.40] that might be a top tier post[12:21.45] frantic[12:21.47] post of the month, even[12:21.48] this right here[12:21.49] is MC [12:21.56] johnny has nothing on this dude[12:22.00] he's the MC of the nisio half[12:22.12] so wait[12:22.15] [ ] is, after all, my rival character[12:22.16] am i the gag heroine[12:22.20] yes

Blog Entries
    kill me

Blog Entries
    ok

quotes

Blog Entries
    what the hell. Took a swing at it. congrats racing, now you too can see one of my laughably typo filled char sheets!
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    toby stole my idea so i have to make another idea

tragedy strikes
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Wait wut

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Wait wut
    Murderers and Memes I guess

Blog Entries
    B-but! I didn't murderer this time! And the meme is...arguable!

Blog Entries
    To answer frequently asked questions, no, you don't put points into SRank and Self, those start at 1 and 100 respectively, and yes, this is a Titanomachy AU sequel. Sort of. In a broad sense.

quotes

Blog Entries
    Deadline extended to the 29th.

quotes

Blog Entries
    How many sheets did you end up with?