Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Re:Creators

JP Friend Code
    266,041,773 / Justice
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raylen Cypher View Post
    I wasn't exactly displaying negativity or with the intent to sound mean. The show had something I wanted to sate my thirst for knowledge, so I sought after it. Other than that, the show didn't have anything that I personally had an interest in to keep watching. I was hoping it would, but it didn't.
    Oh, np, I knew you weren't trying to be mean. That's just how it is with series sometimes. And don't forget the adrenaline rush of FEELINGS you get after watching a well-sized show in such a compressed time-frame; maybe I'd be up for being more measured in my own response to Re:Creators if I watched it gradually like a lot of other people here.

(But dayum all the same, it was a great show for me.)
    (old FGO USA accounts still being listed here for some reason)
    Spoiler:
    1st Ever Account: feat. Waver & Herc)
    (Currently waiting to be Recovered from Space)
    User ID: 096,380,356

Strategic Account: Waver, Carmilla, Atalante, Kaleidoscope

User ID: 744,854,542

(Helpful Explanation on How a Mongrel beat a King in UBW.)

Quote Originally Posted by Broke View Post

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    Spoiler:

tfw people shitpost about your loves ones and you can't kill them over the internet
    sauce?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

I watched every episode to see if I could get any screenshots of Meteora eating tbh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    sauce?
    Inuyashiki

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    Inuyashiki
    its ok

the old dude is cool

I liked seeing Hiro kill anons.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Light kills otaku, silly, that's why they avoid going outside.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I thought Light killed bad guys (and his girlfriend).
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    I thought Light killed bad guys (and his girlfriend).
    The gods of the new world.

JP Friend Code
    i want a vn with routes for this show god, imagine the potential. i can imagine a selesia route feeling a lot like fate route.
    updated 2019/1/10

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    I would have taken the message more seriously if what these people created weren't trashy light novels and mangas, recycled ideas to get money out of feeding the readers' escapism. Constant downplaying of the fact that the creations are nothing more than objects meant to entertain after a hard day of work or simply a way to not think bad things about yourself.
    Some of the Sota stuff was touching, but that was balanced out by his rather egocentric conclusion that he is to blame for Setsuna's death, which made him way less sympathetic for me.
    Delete Magane.
    Honestly the best thing was all the references and meta stuff.

also Selesia is hot

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    I wish I picked this up from the beginning so I could have fun with you guys when it was airing.

Finished episode 10 so is that it for first season?

You know, might not work since Alice is kind of a retard, but maybe saying Altair was the one who killed Mamika and why Mamika chose to confront her would have helped.

It got pretty obvious quick about suicide girl, Souta, and Altair's connection, not that I'm saying it as if it was bad, but I'm gonna assume from what Marm and others have said: Setsuna gets bullied hardcore and kills herself, so Souta gets guilt due to resentment, and to put it irreverently, Altair wants to kill the world because it was mean to her creator.

Fucking Magane, how does her power work. Say something that gets people salty and then a lie is a lie?? Man, you'd think they'd figure out the best strategy is to not talk to her at all and just kick her shit in.

And why is Meteora best girl, tho Selesia a cutie

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    If you say she's lying she makes it the truth, so yeah, the best counter is to shut up, or be NisiOisin's protag from the LN she's from.
    canon finish apo vol 3

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So we all know Altair was one of the most ridiculously overpowered villains in anime, and the show ended up finding a way for her to be defeated without actually "losing", but I'm curious if there's any way the heroes could have beaten her "fairly".

The reason Altair was so powerful was that she was a Doujin character whose abilities weren't limited to any particular story but whatever the fans felt like giving her. Therefore the logical way to neutralize Altair would be to "canonize" her and create a single unified narrative featuring her that would clearly define what abilities she does and doesn't have. The crazy popularity of the Elimination Chamber Festival basically assured its version of Altair would dominate the fandom, so that was the perfect opportunity for the heroes to try and pull something like that. They could have even drawn more hype by letting fans submit their own abilities for Altair's Holopsicon, with each one needing a key weakness or something.

Other ideas would have been to browse as many fan works of Altair as possible to get some idea of what her most popular abilities are and maybe write in counters to them in the heroic creations (just think how much it would've helped if they'd written "immune to causality-fucking" into Hikayu or Aliceteria's stat sheet), or for the nuclear option, actually try to purge Altair-related materials from the web Chinese-censorship style to cut off her support at the root. The heroes tried to take out Altair with brute force and that ultimately proved an abject failure (only being saved at all thanks to a Setsuna-ex-Machina), when more abstract solutions might have been much more effective.

Any thoughts?

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Eliminating her from the net won't eliminate her from the audience's minds. And I doubt that's even possible, when even Disney and Hollywood can't stop the net from circulating illegal downloads of their movies. How are you going to attack against fanart? Or videos with thousands of views internationally. (Because if Altair was the phenomena she was supposed to be, not all of her fans were japanese. That's for sure) It's impossible.
    And I doubt trying to "canonize" her would go over well if people prefer their headcanon. Look at Black Rock Shooter TV for an attempt to canonize a character of Altair's nature that wasn't well recieved AT ALL.
    Trying to write counters to the Holopsicon would be silly because they may find tons of videos. And not only videos, but fan stories. Would take way too much time and be too hard. Remember that even Altair herself mentioned she has so many Holopsicon abilities that even she doesn't know how many she has or what they all are and do
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Eliminating her from the net won't eliminate her from the audience's minds. And I doubt that's even possible, when even Disney and Hollywood can't stop the net from circulating illegal downloads of their movies. How are you going to attack against fanart? Or videos with thousands of views internationally. (Because if Altair was the phenomena she was supposed to be, not all of her fans were japanese. That's for sure) It's impossible.
    And I doubt trying to "canonize" her would go over well if people prefer their headcanon. Look at Black Rock Shooter TV for an attempt to canonize a character of Altair's nature that wasn't well recieved AT ALL.
    Trying to write counters to the Holopsicon would be silly because they may find tons of videos. And not only videos, but fan stories. Would take way too much time and be too hard. Remember that even Altair herself mentioned she has so many Holopsicon abilities that even she doesn't know how many she has or what they all are and do
    Erasing her from the net was just something I suggested for completeness' sake. I highly doubt it'd be feasible either (unless you did something crazy like create a computer-virus that only targets the name 'Altair', and even that wouldn't affect videos). I was actually thinking of the Black Rock Shooter anime for an attempt at canonization, but I wasn't aware that it was so unpopular. Your last point is also true, but surely with all the resources of the government at their disposal they could use some kind of algorithm to try and isolate the most popular ones.

JP Friend Code
    The problem is not erasing all content related to Altair. It's about trying to make people forget about her, which is impossible in the first place.

And this really should not have been the case, but the way the show treated it, Altair basically had whatever power she would need at the time. Just having counters to all the popular 'powers' she has would not only be an extremely difficult task, but also a fairly incompetent tactic. Certainly, the power to 'ignore plot' would not be one of her popular powers after all.
    updated 2019/1/10

should it have been the power of Meta? "Do you seriously expect some Eroge floozy with a kung fu spin-off to be the one to beat me?"

Honestly my suspension of disbelief was already gone by the time we found out that somehow Altair became famous enough to be that OP.

Her design is so bad. And was it ever explained how Sota managed to travel to Selesia's world?

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Her design is so bad.
    I'm just going to file this (wrong) opinion under things I will never understand.
    And was it ever explained how Sota managed to travel to Selesia's world?
    Presumably due to the Holopsicon making the boundaries between worlds permeable. Also since Altair was made to be shown to Souta, his proximity to Vogalchevalier probably got him pulled in by her automatically.
    canon finish apo vol 3