Thread: Re:Creators

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    well, i would argue it's still better than apocrypha thread

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Raylen Cypher View Post
    And I'm not going to put myself through another series of his when I already loathe the guy.
    By any chance have you tried Kamen Rider Gaim yet? Unexpectedly it's the best thing he's written despite being a literal children's show and it's far above everything else he's shat out (altho i like saya no uta). Gaim alone made me like buchi more than I thought was possible.
    updated 2019/1/10

I liked the soundtrack. I like Altair's theme songs, too.

Haven't listened to God of Ink yet, but Layers and Brave the Ocean are my top songs.

JP Friend Code

listen to it

NOW

best track in the show that's so criminally underutilized i want to murder the studio staff in their sleep

also the arrange album's version(the better version imo)

updated 2019/1/10

It actually is pretty good. If it showed up more like Brave the Ocean and Layers did then I might like it more. Under Brave the Ocean but above Layers for me.

JP Friend Code
    Brave the ocean was fairly memorable. Layers I'm pretty sure I've heard only once in the middle of Selesia fighting Altair in the 2nd half? That wasn't what was memorable about the ep so I can't say the track was well-used but it's still alright.

god of fucking ink was used for only when kanoya's mech entered the portal in the last ep. not even for the other characters, just him. such a catchy track fallen into obscurity and irrelevance, what a shame.
    updated 2019/1/10

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    I liked the soundtrack a lot, Sawano felt less samey than usual. Brave the Ocean was best for me too, although they did overuse it towards the end.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AgathaChrisQ View Post
    i want a vn with routes for this show god, imagine the potential. i can imagine a selesia route feeling a lot like fate route.
    Strangely enough, I had an incredibly similar sentiment as part of the other day's shower thoughts. I appreciate original anime as much as the next guy, but the breadth, depth, and eventual outcome of Re:Creators felt, while decently satisfying and entertaining and replete with its own moments of brilliance/insight, could have reached greater potential.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Strangely enough, I had an incredibly similar sentiment as part of the other day's shower thoughts. I appreciate original anime as much as the next guy, but the breadth, depth, and eventual outcome of Re:Creators felt, while decently satisfying and entertaining and replete with its own moments of brilliance/insight, could have reached greater potential.
    Yeah, it would've made a cool VN (I wonder what the Magane route would've looked like...). Or a fighting game, for that matter. On the soundtrack, I liked it, though I'm not familiar enough with Sawano's works to say how 'samey' it is. Lots of blood-pumping tunes for fight scenes, though it was a shame God Of Ink only got used for the final departure instead of someplace more hype-worthy.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Yeah, it would've made a cool VN (I wonder what the Magane route would've looked like...). Or a fighting game, for that matter. On the soundtrack, I liked it, though I'm not familiar enough with Sawano's works to say how 'samey' it is. Lots of blood-pumping tunes for fight scenes, though it was a shame God Of Ink only got used for the final departure instead of someplace more hype-worthy.
    IIRC Sawano has bemoaned before that studios would not make the ideal usage of his songs and put them in inappropriate places when he'd have songs meant for other moments. Or was that Lotus Juice who kvetched? I don't quite recall. But yeah, complaints about Sawano's soundtrack's usage often goes hand-in-hand with the projects Sawano is tied with, especially given how eclectic his tracks are and how each file is less an individual song and more of a sound anthology.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

JP Friend Code
    I've never read that before but I'd believe it. It's true after all, a lot of shows Sawano composed for felt like the producers just threw his name in. The idea that whoever hires Sawano would also not care how his tracks are meant to be used is not that farfetched imo.

For the hypothetical VN I don't really see Magane having any chance to get her own route, she's more of a recurring side character than a route heroine. What I foresee(not that it's happening) is Selesia(Fate), Alice(UBW, I guess....? Doesn't really fit though) and Setsuna/Altair route(the story we got in the anime, but preferably rewritten here and there).
    updated 2019/1/10

Blog Entries
    For the hypothetical VN I don't really see Magane having any chance to get her own route, she's more of a recurring side character than a route heroine. What I foresee(not that it's happening) is Selesia(Fate), Alice(UBW, I guess....? Doesn't really fit though) and Setsuna/Altair route(the story we got in the anime, but preferably rewritten here and there).
    I was mainly joking about the Magane route, though they were some ship-teasy moments between her and Sota. A Mamika route would be pretty interesting too, since her story kind of got cut short in the anime proper.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    There's the Selesia route, and the Meteora route, and the Alice route, and the Magane route, and the Altair/Setsuna route, and the Meteora/Magane route, and the hilariously gory bad end where Alice kills you if you go for Mamika, and...
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    kanoya route
    updated 2019/1/10

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    I'm dead certain Magane legit likes Sota.

The most likely ships are her or Meteora.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    There's the Selesia route, and the Meteora route, and the Alice route, and the Magane route, and the Altair/Setsuna route, and the Meteora/Magane route, and the hilariously gory bad end where Alice kills you if you go for Mamika, and...
    I agree with all the above except the Meteora route. I literally cannot picture her as anything other then the platonic mentor figure...

Have some imagination my dude
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

Blog Entries
    both kajiura and sawano are meme composers whose older works(.hack sign for kajiura and gundam unicorn for sawano, for example) are significantly better than the samey stuff they currently shit out
    Kajiura's work has always been superior to Sawano, independent of phase

Post conflicting music example if you disagree

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Hikayu as the side ho who doesn't get a full route but gets unlockable H once you go through one path. Or the bonus H scenario, viewable from the main menu and the extras category.

- - - Updated - - -

Re: Kajiurua and Sawano's typecasting

While it is unfortunate that they get cast and directed over and over to do samey sounding music I do like hearing their style so their memes are good memes for me and that shit doesn't rustle my jimmies at all.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; September 24th, 2017 at 06:27 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Just finished it today. All-in-all, I enjoyed Re:Creators, but agree with others in that it would have been nice to have 2-4 more episodes to flesh things out. Sad that Magane basically disappeared.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.