Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: Cross Effects: A Multiverse RP (Idea-ish)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan The Mouse View Post
    This attracts me to roleplay all the characters I've roleplayed before, including new ones...

...The question is, how many characters are we allowed to have? Please don't make it one! ;_;
    If this does get off the ground, I'd say a limit of five characters, and no doubles of canon characters.

I think it was mentioned that we're limited to modern day earth, right? So Vampire Hunter D would be a no go, right?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fangstrike View Post
    I think it was mentioned that we're limited to modern day earth, right? So Vampire Hunter D would be a no go, right?
    Ah shit . . . now I'm conflicted because one of my greatest loves is D . . .

However it could be tweaked because no one knows how old D actually is. (It's hinted at that his mother was Mina so that would have put him born in the late 1800's actually.)

Blog Entries
    If I wanted to join, would I be able to RP Ronald Reagan? I think that it would be a very interesting choice but what do you think?

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I'd think of something like this:
    Name: Kieran Hawke
    Race: Human
    Height: 180 cm. / 6' 1''
    Weight: 80 kg. / 176 lbs.
    Eyes: Greyed blue
    Hair: Light chestnut (brown)
    Appearance: A fit, lanky man in his late twenties, typically dressed in denim pants, a plaid workshirt, and a long leather overcoat. Frequently bears stubble, often with a flask or firearm in hand. Always carries a pocketwatch, into which he frequently speaks (mystical recorder)
    Charisma: D (decrease one rank for any female into or past puberty, increase one rank for any female who has yet to reach it. Increase by two ranks when dealing with lions or ravens)
    Strength: D
    Agility: C++
    Endurance B+
    Speed: C
    Magic Resistance: A (one rank lower outside of Britannia, two ranks if outside British Commonwealth)
    Magic Ability: Thaumaturgy D
    Other Abilities: Limited immortality and resurrection (see origin), Second Sight (ability to see ethereal manifestations and innate danger sense), Gunslinging B+, ability to wield Excalibur

Origin: "When I was a kid, I heard all about the glory of battle, and the honour of war. When the country called to do battle against the Hun, I lied about my age and joined up. There, I learned that the stories were lies, and there was only slaughter, filth, and chaos. I came home, went mad for a bit, and went back to the land of my forefathers, hoping to find peace in the connection, in the history of Great Britain. When I got my head together, I thought I'd try my hand at being a private detective, like Sherlock Holmes, or the guys in Black Mask magazine . . . Yeah, you'd really think I'd have learned by now. My mother always despaired of my ever getting a clue.

"Still, I hung on, until the country called again - though I didn't know it at the time. It was supposed to be a simple hunt for a missing kid - cute little girl named Tania. Turns out, it was short for Britannia, as in the nation. The living soul of Albion, wearied by the Great War, had lost herself in a human body - and she was awfully damned vulnerable that way. If she died, so would the land. Still, I found the kid, and now she figures I'm hers. Got a whole bunch of mystical knacks, and the corresponding problems to go with 'em. Until she grows up, I'm the last knight errant, the defender of the faith, protector of the land. I can summon and command lions and ravens, have mastery of the sea - I can't be killed there, and a sea burial ought to revive me (or so she says). I know a little magic, can speak any language or pick up any skill of the Commonwealth - usually, it's all enough. When it isn't, I can ask Tania for direct help, but I don't care what she says - that sword is staying in the damned lake. Considering how my dreams of being a soldier and a P.I. have turned out, there's no way in hell I'm going try being a king. If that's what she wants, she can bloody well wait for Arthur to wake up."

Weakness: Effectively mortal outside of Britannia's influence, from a circa-1920s world (anachronistic).
    Dislikes: Prejudice, routinely being in over his head, spoiled-brat kids who think he ought to buy candy floss instead of paying the rent
    Last edited by Kieran; July 10th, 2011 at 10:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    Hah, I like it!

Blog Entries
    @ Kieran: Dang that's cool. Rule Britannia, ​eh?

Blog Entries
    Pretty much - it's a basically a detective character I tried to write with once, adapted a bit for a quasi-Victorian, sort-of steampunk universe. I prefer the hardboiled noir style of the '30s and '40s myself, so we get this.

Britannia is traditionally depicted as holding Neptune's trident (symbolising British mastery over the sea), with the British lion beside her - and then, there's the legend of the Tower's ravens, which is why he has those powers. He can sail any kind of boat, and do some pretty impressive things with water. Kieran can use all kinds of archaic weapons like a trident, or a longbow, or a sword, but he really prefers a good revolver or tommygun. He basically only pulls out the magic when the conventional stuff doesn't work - think Ash or Angel, in terms of skills. He's not Merlin, or Arthur - just a schmuck trying to do a job. And answering to a somewhat temperamental ten-year-old with a stuffed kitty that really isn't, in either case.

@Kieran - I love it.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Source
    Name: Lucas Rubén Solos
    Height: 1.67 m / 5'6"
    Weight: 55 kg / 121.25 lbs
    Eyes: Black (really dark brown)
    Hair: Black/Dark brown.
    Appearance: A short and light man, usually dressed in denim pants with many clothes of other materials. Short black hair lies on his head and magic of many kinds, including sunlight and moonlight can lighten the color to a dark brown, in several distinct patterns. Always carries around a cell phone and some kind of weapon, eventually favoring trench and long coats of several colors personally modified to carry such weapons.
    Charisma: C (one rank up after some time occupying a position of leadership) - Perfectly capable of taking leadership, but preferring to work in the sidelines, this character's real charisma shines through when it has occupied a position of leadership or authority for sometime, after he becomes used to it.
    Strength: B
    Agility: B
    Speed: A
    Magic Resistance: EX - Most magic affects him normally, but any spell that would cause or maintain him in a state of death will not work. Given the kind of spells that can achieve this, this ability seems miraculous.
    Magic Ability: A (Incubator Esper)
    Other Abilities: Soul Jar-Lucas' soul lies stored in a gem, put there through a process of lichdom performed by a mysterious alien being, thus preventing death; True Regeneration-As a type of lich, Lucas can swiftly recover from any kind of physical damage, and eventually recover from other types of damage.
    Origin: Peace
    Weakness: Soul Gem - After a pact with an alien being, Lucas gained great (seemingly magical) powers and virtual physical immortality with apparent simple cost of storing his soul in a gem that can not be very far from the body to allow it to move. This gem is far from indestructible, and damage to it is as difficult to fix as it is to resurrect a normal human. To deal enough damage to the gem is to kill Lucas.
    Likes: Helping people. Geek material pleasures (videogames, tabletop games, books, movies, television).
    Dislikes: Helplessness, apathy, criminal intent, monsters born from twisting humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Backstory
    After receiving a pair of binoculars as a birthday gift, Lucas used them to watch the city from the windows of his apartment. One day, he noticed a girl speaking with a strange four legged animal and saw her gain magical powers. Interested, he strove to learn lip reading, and kept on looking for the creature. One day as he was returning to his apartment from a party, he met the being again and it asked him for a wish after an explanation that it was done with intention of saving the universe from heat death and people from beings called witches. Giving it some thought, he said:

"I wish I was happy and immortal when I saved people."

After gaining his powers, he learned that he was an experiment and the rest of the people contracted by the being, called QB, were young girls. His powers, after being tested in battle, were led to him being nicknamed "Rainbow Lantern". Lucas trained in his powers and used them for a month, before vanishing from his city of birth.

Of course, I have an idea of the magnitude of what he should be able to do, but I'm unsure of how to show it in his stats.

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd think of something like this:
    [Source]
    I know Ma'am Elf is heartily tired of these characters, but I still want to use them because they're not too developed in terms of appearance and personality, although their back stories are almost done.

Rattus' profile

The Hauptsturmfuehrer

Name: Rattus (von) Engels
    Height: 5' 11" / 1.80 m
    Weight: 175 lbs. / 79 kg
    Eyes: None; suffering from Aniridia
    Hair: Blue in anime style, Black realistically
    Appearance:

He can often be seen wearing a business attire comprising of a suit, a long sleeved shirt, trousers and a tie, although a waistcoat underneath the suit is added, at occasions necessary or at whims. His hair can be described as appropriately short but wavy and graying, and he is seen wearing round glasses with relatively thick lenses at almost all times. If his portrait is done in an anime style, he can be described as "a Shinji Matou in business suit and thick glasses."

Charisma: B (One rank up when surrounded in a war-like situation; one rank down when doing executive work and/or transactions.)
    Strength: D (Two ranks up when armed with any weapon, melee or ranged.)
    Agility: C
    Speed: B
    Magic Resistance: Paradoxical. Spells can normally affect him, but can not in anyway kill him permanently.
    Magic Ability: Not applicable.
    Other Abilities: Marksmanship (B), Strategy (A), Riding (C), Military Engineering (D)
    Origin: War
    Weakness:
    - Riding skill does not apply to air transport and anything that requires balance (i.e. Motorcycles.)
    - Can not use grenade launchers, mortars and buckshot-loaded shotguns effectively.
    - Can be ambushed effectively when not prepared.
    - Thirteen (13) shots can send him in a temporary state of death for 12 hours.
    Likes: Survivalism, combat pragmatism, organization, weaponry, absinthe and video games.
    Dislikes: Explicit militarism, racism, social vulgarity, shotguns, mortars and cats.

Neo's profile

The Hippie

Name: Jan Neo Langraad
    Height: 5' 7" / 1.70 m
    Weight: 155 lbs. / 70 kg.
    Eyes: Blue
    Hair: Yellow Blonde in anime style; Blonde realistically
    Appearance:

His usual clothes are denim pants, most often long, and a T-shirt, almost always either tie-dyed, bearing logos or various slogans, depending on what he chose to wear during that day. Occasionally, he can be seen wearing a Greaser-style leather jacket, a buckshot bandolier or Lennon sunglasses. He also has a messy pageboy hair cut.

Charisma: B (Two ranks down when under the influence.)
    Strength: B (One rank up when armed with any weapon, melee or ranged.)
    Agility: B
    Speed: A
    Magic Resistance: Paradoxical. Spells can normally affect him, but can not in anyway kill him permanently.
    Magic Ability: D
    Other Abilities: Marksmanship (C), Tactics (A), Alchemy (B), Weapon Improvisation (A)
    Origin: Unknown
    Weakness:
    - Unwilling to fight when high, drunk or stoned.
    - Has lapses of competency in Alchemy.
    - Highly vulnerable when sexually sedated.
    - Less competent as a magus.
    Likes: Liberty, unorthodox methodology, guerrilla-style tactics, marijuana, The Internet and music.
    Dislikes: Conservatism, excessive liberalism, political correctness, the police, hipsters and ghosts.

Yukina's profile

The Hibakusha

Name: Yukina Aikawa
    Height: 5' 3" / 1.60 m
    Weight: 120 lbs. / 54 kg
    Eyes: Brown
    Hair: Dark Green in anime style, Black realistically
    Appearance:

Oftentimes, she is seen wearing a yukata, in which the pattern is usually decided on what she wanted to wear that day. She is sporting a hime-cut hairstyle, but her hair is usually tied in a bun. Her look can be summarized as a traditional Japanese lady.

Charisma: E
    Strength: C (One rank up when armed with any weapon, melee or ranged.)
    Agility: A
    Speed: C
    Magic Resistance: Paradoxical. Spells can normally affect her, but can not in anyway kill her permanently.
    Magic Ability: Not applicable.
    Other Abilities: Marksmanship (A), Archery (B), Engineering (D), Smithing (B)
    Origin: Unknown
    Weakness:
    - Generally unwilling to fight
    - Has a crippling fear to explosions and fire
    - Easily distracted
    - Highly vulnerable
    Likes: Traditional culture, manual work, green tea, curry, music and video games.
    Dislikes: Fascism, politics, philosophy, nuclear power used in war, unwarranted explosions and widespread fire.
    Last edited by Ivan The Mouse; August 9th, 2011 at 01:53 AM.

Blog Entries
    [Just popped into my head, sorry. Remove if you need to.]

"I'm looking for a girl. About ten years old and yay high. Pale skin, dark hair that might look blue in the right light, and brown eyes that might look red. Dresses well, and probably has a stuffed lion in her arms. Seen her?"

The walking dead man didn't answer - not that he really expected it to. Most animated corpses, in his experiences, were too badly rotted through to have an ability to understand, much less hold, a conversation. Still, it was worth a shot.

He wasn't sure where he was - one minute Underhill he's dealing with the local faeries, the next minute he was here . . . And Tania was quiet. Tania was never quiet - often not present, but he could usually feel her, like someone lurking just out of sight, faintly visible in the corner of his eye.

"S.T.A.R.s . . ." growled the big man.

OK, an intelligent walking dead man, on some level at least. Also big, built like a damned Panzer, and ugly as sin. Sounded like he had something against astronomy, too - or maybe Hollywood.

As its fist crashed into his face, Kieran mentally added, And faster than any damned thing that big has a right to be.

As he struggled to his feet, he reviewed his options. He couldn't take too many more hits like those, but a .38 slug would probably be about as useful as throwing popcorn, and most dead things didn't drown, so the courtyard fountain was out. That left . . .

Before the giant could close in again, the stone lions rose from their perches in front of the city hall and leaped onto its back. With an inarticulate snarl, the giant grabbed one and hurled it into the street, shattering it. The second was seized with both hands and crumbled into gravel.

"OK," Kieran muttered. "This is a problem."

^I say keep it.

Ah shit . . . now I'm conflicted because one of my greatest loves is D . . .

However it could be tweaked because no one knows how old D actually is. (It's hinted at that his mother was Mina so that would have put him born in the late 1800's actually.)
    I can go with that. Thanks, Elf. Too bad we don't know much about D's past. Wonder if he was ever an emo-teen like Uchiha Sasuke or was he just born a tall, dark, silent badass?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Chaos Greyblood's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Any time limit on the character profiles we can use?
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!
    Fanfic project No. 1: The Hell Biker

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Greyblood View Post
    Any time limit on the character profiles we can use?
    What do you mean by time limit?

"Jill...

JILLLLLLLLLLLLLL"
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fangstrike View Post
    What do you mean by time limit?
    What I mean is when it'll reach the point when the RP wii begin.
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

I think Elf's still deciding on how to do this.

Spoiler:

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yep. She gave a "maybe in a couple of months" vibe.
    Last edited by lethum; July 14th, 2011 at 08:35 PM. Reason: moths...really *shakes head*

Blog Entries
    I see, that's enough time for me to make around 3 characters, I guess.

Dibs on Deadpool!

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!