Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kaleido-Nope! ~ Prismaverse Quest

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    More information would be cool, 1

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    So Gerwich can either hop from body to body or shapeshift, I wonder how this is gonna play out later. Anyways this guy clearly knows more than he's letting on and I can guess he'll show up later or be involved in a form down the line so we may as well go to the briefing.

The text pretty clearly said it was body-swapping, not shapeshifting. Anyways, I'll go with 5 too. Might as well get to the action rather then dawdling around.

Blog Entries
    Day 1 Morning
    London

“Thank you for having me.”

“Bye bye!”

Saying my final farewells, I exited the Gerwich Household. Although his words made me curious, I decided to let the matter go. I was running late so I shouldn’t dawdle. I can talk with him more the next time we meet.

Clock Tower – Faculty of Individual Fundamentals

It was about a quarter past eleven by the time I arrived at Clock Tower, specifically a large building in the district filled with classrooms and faculty offices. Navigating the archaic-looking hallways, I passed through several bright-faced students, strutting around with ambition and confidence. Most of them were my age or older, making me feel like I wasn’t out of place, despite being an outsider.

I eventually found the meeting spot, a small office on the third floor. Just as I got there, a short middle-aged man opened the door and shot me an uninterested glance, before walking off. I got my feet into the door gap, just before it closed behind him, and pushed it open. Inside were three desks crammed into one small office, each one covered in papers and stationary. At the farthest one from the door was a single man seated away from the door, marking test papers.

“You’re late.”

Without looking, he barked out, still mechanically covering the papers in red. He was a young, tall fellow with large glasses. On his desk were not only numerous documents, but also books, folders, tea cups, and an emptied bag of bagels. A small shelf by the desk side was even more crammed with textbooks, records, and miscellaneous items. Chemicals, relics, mystic codes, even rare phantasmal ingredients were all meshed together on a poorly secured working space.

“Sorry. Traffic.”

“You take the subway.”

“Hmm… subway traffic?”

I replied and apologized, stepping through the doorway, but the man was not amused. He put down the red pen, and spun his chair to face me.

“You are as terrible as always. Good morning, Mr. Grimmwold. I’m glad you decided to get here today.”

Miles Ashford, a lecturer at Clock Tower. A boring man whose middle name might as well be “Middle Management”. He was my primary point of contact for jobs, though all he really did was relay the information to me from higher-ups.

“I have class in 30 minutes, so let’s make this quick. It’s a real big fish, this time around. All the necessary information is here.”

Cutting straight to the chase, he took a large folder from the shelf and handed it over.

“Do you know what the Holy Grail War is?”

“Never heard of it.”

As he continued to talk, I opened up the folder and began to skim through its content. There were reports, data graphs, and even a map.

“It’s a far-eastern ritual meant to reach the root. Seven magi summon high-class familiars and battle each other for the Holy Grail. Not the actual one, of course.”

“Ah, so they want me to put a stop to the ritual.”

It wasn’t a rare request. Magi are willing to do next to anything to accomplish their goals. If that included a shady ritual which the association deemed dangerous, someone might be sent to end it before something bad happened. However, Ashford shook his head.

“Nope. The ritual was terminated about ten years ago. Due to some in-fighting, the whole thing was put to a permanent halt and abandoned.”

“The problem is the aftermath. They’ve been detecting strong magical signatures over there at the former center of the ritual. We’ve deduced that the source are seven spirits materializing in a parallel plane, feeding off the earth pulse. Not just any spirit either, a Heroic Spirit.”

Realizing the gravity of the situation, I shut the folder for and concentrated on the briefing.

“On-site scouts hypothesize that they’re remnants of the Holy Grail War. According to them, the spirits themselves should just be fragments, mindless shells with only a fraction of the real thing’s power. But if they get enough time to absorb magical energy, it is unknown how strong they’ll become. They seem to tied to physical containers resembling cards. Your job is to defeat the spirits promptly and retrieve all seven cards for the association to study.”

He paused, giving me a moment to collect my thoughts. Meanwhile, he went to grab his tea mug and inelegantly chugged down the milky brown contents.

This was certainly no push-over task. Even if they were just fragments, Heroic Spirits were far beyond the modern era. The level of difficulty was high… frankly, I wanted to punch the idiots who caused this incident.

“There are other factions both inside and outside the association that want a crack at the cards, but my higher-ups want to keep them to themselves so they’re sending you alone to get them all. Considering the situation, they’re willing to compensate your efforts accordingly. Well, what do you think?”

I took two quick second to decide.

“Alright, I’m game. When do I leave?”

At my answer, he showed a rare smirk. He probably liked how prompt my answer was.

“Your flight’s at 3 today. Ticket is in the folder. Luckily, you got here before then. An overseer will be going with you, so meet her at the airport. If you need anything, ask us now, before you leave.”

I should ask for:

1) Supplies. (Common magic ingredients, artifacts, charms, and jewels)
    2) Advance Payment (Rare material)
    3) Back-up. (A small squad of magi for assistance)
    4) Write-in.

After negotiations, what should I do before my flight?

A) Thoroughly read through the briefing folder for more information
    B) Go back home and prepare equipment.
    C) Hang out with Gerwich.
    D) Go to the airport early.
    E) Write In.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If we're a Super-Magus at approximately Bazzet level then I'd go with either 1 or 2 as a powerful Mystic Code is probably gonna be more handy than a pack of Red Shirts.

Also using my Real Time Knowledge of London, that plane is gonna get delayed by half an hour so go home and pack the essentials, arrive at the mandatory two hours early for london plane flights and read the briefing on the plane. E
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; October 4th, 2017 at 07:09 AM.

Blog Entries
    1 and A

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Fate / White Memoria

Blog Entries
    1A

Blog Entries
    ​2B

Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    ... I'm late, am I? Shucks.

2B it is.

Execute C:\local\lib\toh.exe?
    ---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---
    summs up a lot of my ironic weeaboo circles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    people who have waifus are necessarily mentally ill

Blog Entries
    We're kind of tied on both counts, currently.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'll switch to 2B then, tie broken.

Blog Entries
    Day 1 Morning
    Clock Tower – Faculty of Individual Elements

“If you need anything, ask us now, before you leave.” So he said.

I folded my arms, considering the offer and the practical options I could choose from. Some magi to accompany me could prove useful, but they probably couldn’t do much against a Heroic Spirit. On the other hand, an inventory of supplies never hurts. Whether to boost my own magecraft or as ingredients for a ritual, I should try to obtain whatever I can to edge my advantages. Yet, even so, a few common items wouldn’t do much to bridge the power gap. Instead, what I need most right now is…

"I'd like part of my payment up front.” I asked, finishing my train of thought. A small smile unconsciously broke out across my face as I thought of my decision.

"Monetary? It'd take a while to prepare." Ashford replied, bringing his hands together to focus into negotiation mode. His face turned a smidge perplexed as he tried to decipher my intentions.

"Actually,” I snapped my fingers and grinned. “I’d prefer something I can walk out of here with."

Cocking my head up, I motioned towards the stuffed shelf next to Ashford's desk. He followed my gaze to the shelf and immediately frowned when he realized what I was referring to.

"That's a hefty payment." His head swung back to face me.

"It's a hefty job. I want whatever I can get my hands on now." I retorted, crossing my arms once again, but this time with confidence. As he began to consider what to say, our eyes met and he clearly understood that I wasn’t planning to back down.

His shoulders visibly sank with a sigh. Begrudgingly, he reached into the shelf and dug his hand behind a row of books, pulling out a small wooden chest. Cradling it carefully in his arms, he held it up to the light as if to confirm it was the correct item.

The heart of a foreign god.

The removed heart of a savage Demi-God, a valuable relic even among the Mage's association, sealed away into a chest about the size of a human head. At any auction, it would be one of the main features and certainly highly contested. Even through the seal, ominous magical energy was leaking from the chest. The potency of the curses packed into that one heart was just as you’d expect from a demon. The fact that it was being kept in an open shelf in a public office was insane. Or perhaps, that was just how much confidence Ashford had in his own security measures.

With the chest held firmly in his hands, he glanced back and forth between it and me, lost in quick thoughts, measuring the value of the heart compared to my worth.

"I assume you understand how valuable this is.” He commented as the gears in his brain began to align. I was tempted to say something witty there, but his serious complexion warned me otherwise.

“If I didn’t, I wouldn’t be asking for it.” I nodded.

It seems my response was good enough. As I finished, he gritted his teeth and held out the chest.

“Fine, it’s yours.” He grumbled with the chest still in hand. Not one to complain, I happily took it from his tight, firm grip. As the chest left his fingers, a look of regret passed through Ashford’s face but he quickly shook it off.

“Off with you, then. If there are any updates, I’ll contact you.” He waved me goodbye and began to pack his own stuff for his class. Satisfied, I returned a quick farewell and left the small office with the newly obtained material in tow.

London Noon

It was just a bit before 12 by the time I returned to my flat. It was just as I had left it earlier in the morning. Closing the door behind me and hanging my coat on entryway’s coat hanger, I immediately set to packing, grabbing a briefcase from the wardrobe. Considering the time it’d take to get through the airport, I didn’t have a lot of spare time before my flight. The best I could do would be to prepare the necessary combat equipment before the flight.

“I’ll leave preparing this for later…” I thought to myself as I took my newly gained treasure and packed it into the briefcase. It’d take time to process the material and make it part of a proper mystic code, time I didn’t have at the moment. After storing the chest, I grabbed the typical travel necessities, like my passport, and stuffed them in as well.

For this kind of mission, the priority would be to pack things you can’t find at the location. Everything else could be left to the power of improvisation. Under that sort of logic, before I knew it, the brief case was filled with pre-made potions, dried plants, an amulet of protection, several good luck charms, and two knives. Stuff like clothes naturally had no place.

Finally, the most important part, mystic codes…

Your main form of magecraft is:
    1) Alchemy
    2) Jewel Magecraft
    3) Runes
    4) Kabbalah
    5) Elemental Magecraft

Your elemental affinity is:
    A) Earth
    B) Fire
    C) Water
    D) Wind

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    6). My Own Idea. As Prisma has the whole 'Class Card' thing, I think our shtick should be equally themed and based around the Tarot and pulling out a card of the deck can evoke it's 'theme' (Death = Change, Tower = Destruction etc)

As for affinity, lets go with C) Water for a change.

Blog Entries
    6). My Own Idea. As Prisma has the whole 'Class Card' thing, I think our shtick should be equally themed and based around the Tarot and pulling out a card of the deck can evoke it's 'theme' (Death = Change, Tower = Destruction etc)

Seconding Hermes with 6. That sounds like a pretty nifty idea. I'll go with B- Fire though, as that suits our color-scheme better.

Also, am I the only one wondering if we'll end up pulling a Sieg and fusing that demigod heart into our chest to become a Demi/Psuedo-Servant somewhere down the line?

Blog Entries
    i thought this was bazzet route, where is or overpowered heritage np?
    hermes sugestion is pretty cool, but i think wind fits the cards motif better

- - - Updated - - -

i've double post, sorry

Fate / White Memoria

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Let's just pick Average One and leave it at that.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't underestimate The Power of The Cards though.

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries

Ditto that.

I'd go with E) Unique Element: Fate, in the sense that we can see fate and alter it slightly. Seems fitting with the Tarot theme, eh?
    Last edited by MehKitteh; October 17th, 2017 at 11:20 PM.

Execute C:\local\lib\toh.exe?
    ---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---
    summs up a lot of my ironic weeaboo circles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    people who have waifus are necessarily mentally ill

Blog Entries

Going with Hermes' idea.

As for Affinity, I'm going for Earth​.

Now Revamped!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I just realised that we're still at a tie breaker for affinity, in that case (unless you're still writing the next section zikari) I'll switch to Fire to break it.