Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tsukihime 2000 - 16:9 HD Patch

Tsukihime 2000 - 16:9 HD Patch

Tsukihime 2000 - 16:9 Patch

This is the public release of the Tsukihime 16:9 patch, what started out as a mere question of "would it be possible" looking into Nscripter's API has now turned into a full release.
    The game is patched to be rendered in a resolution of 1920x1080. All game assets such as sprites, UI elements, backgrounds, CG's have been upscaled. This version contains H-scenes.

Menu backgrounds have been been remade from their initial 4:3 scale into 16:9 image's content awarely by my self made automated process to insure a consistent presentation and lastly hand adjusted for polish. Due to the aspect ratio increase all menu buttons (yes even the secret menu buttons), sprites and UI elements have had to be manually mapped onto the game canvas for a widescreen presentation. Since i had to retouch and adjust all of these i tried my best at fixing clipping issues present in the original and various other patches.

Ingame backgrounds and CG's i purposely decided against recreating content awarely, this was a creative decision to preserve the original artstyle since recreating these would result in inlogical artifacting and certain backgrounds wouldn't work due to the scenes they are portraying. Therefor these are presented in 1920x1440 (4:3) and will fill the 1920x1080 game canvas appropriately resulting in a 16:9 image.

Installation

Download the patch from mediafire dot com

v.1.05
    /file/9hy72258v2mvhc0/Tsukihime_16_9_Patch_v105.7z/file

Extract and replace the following files in the game's root folder

• Arc.nsa
    • Arc1.nsa
    • Arc.sar
    • Tsukihime.exe
    • Nscript.dat
    • Ons.cfg

That's it. now if you are running on a display other than 1080p, 1440p or use scaling options other than 100% you may need to do some additional configuration.

Full album
    https://imgur.com/a/wBQ7dAL

Alternative textboxes
    The patch includes alternative textboxes which you can set by replacing the nscript.dat file from the folder "Textbox - Alternatives" in the patch.

Fullwidth

Centered

Album
    https://imgur.com/a/E7xMCzu

Existing Savefiles
    This patch uses C:\ProgramData\Tsukihime if you've previously read Tsukihime, depending on where you got it from the save file location may differ and you will want to copy those save files to the new location. You can try to launch the patch first to see if your savefiles appear or not.
    The savefiles are envdata, gloval.sav followed by save1.dat save2.dat.. up to save20.dat
    Possible savefile locations for other versions:

• "C:\Program Files (x86)\Tsukihime", The root folder of your previous Tsukihime install tsukihime.exe is stored
    • "C:\Users\<USER NAME>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore"
    • "C:\Programdata\ONScripter-" (followed by four characters) i.e "C:\Programdata\ONScripter-d579", you can use the old version of Tsukihime and save to find out which folder it is as the "date modified" will be updated.

Resolutions and Display Scaling
    If you're display is using scaling you might run into issues where the game window doesn't fit your screen and you may need to manually configure a couple of settings (for now). Alternatively If you do not wish to configure any settings you can set your display settings scaling to 100%.
    The files to configure are:
    • Tsukihime.exe - DPI Scale override
    • ONS.cfg - scale - remove "scale" from ons.cfg if your scaling requires you to

DPI Scaling
    Tsukihime.exe > Show more options > Properties > Comptability > Change high DPI settings
    High DPI scaling override > override high DPI scaling behaviour.
    Scaling performed by: Application

Window Scaling
    Display settings > Scale

Scale
    open the ons.cfg file frome the patch and remove - add the line scaling if needed

Display Scaling Configurations

• 100% - no configuration needed
    • 125% - 150% remove scale
    • 175% - 200% DPI Scale override, use scale for less buggy cursor in Fullscreen

1440p
    • 100% no configuration needed
    • 125% - 150% DPI scale override - use scale

1080p
    • 100% no configuration needed
    • 125% - DPI scale override

Non standard resolutions
    Try various combinations of Scale and DPI scale override

Fullscreen
    You can toggle on/off fullscreen by pressing the [F] key, In fullscreen mode the game will scale to your set resolution

Windowed Mode
    If you want to play the game in a Windowed mode in the standard 1080p resolution remove scale from ons.cfg, apply DPI override if you the list above recommends you to.
    Do note, on 4k resolutions scaling above 150% DPI scale override is recommended.

Auto Mode
    You can toggle on/off auto mode by pressing the [A] key

Credits
    The original Mirror Moon staff for the translation
    http://mirrormoon.org/projects/complete/tsukihime/

Lots of interesting discoveries were made about how the game is built and what tricks Mirror Moon used in order to bypass the API's limits, these took some time however as well as in general figuring out Nscripter and it's possibilities.
    More detailed explanations about the process can be found on my Twitter.

https://twitter.com/Allunatikk/statu...937264130?s=20

Updates
    Version 1.05 - Auto Mode Added, you can toggle it by pressing the 'A' key. Auto mode is interrupted by pressing 'A' again or by clicking the game window - opening the options menu.

Version 1.04 - FIXED PREVIOUS SAVES you no longer have to patch existing savefiles
    Thanks to NETANNAD, i was comparing my code with their and figured out why loadgosub wasn't working previously - fixing textwindows on load with previous savefiles.

Version 1.03 - Adjusted the textbox to better utilize the 16:9 aspect ratio adding more spacing

Issues

Windows display scaling will zoom the game window
    If your game is zoomed in configure the patch as stated above or go into your display settings and set scaling to 100%

Should you face any additional issues whilst playing you may post them in this thread.

Thank you for trying out my patch, and Enjoy!

Ps. Kohaku did nothing wrong
    Last edited by Allunatik; January 22nd, 2024 at 11:13 AM. Reason: formatting

This looks really nice, good work!

Is there any way for the text box to either fill the entire screen or at least be set in the middle though? It looks a bit odd for it to be skewed left like that.

The text box does fill the screen but i limited the line width as typically widescreen VN's tend to do. It's entirely possible to modify the script though with a version that would do what you describe.
    See https://kaisernet.org/onscripter/api...html#setwindow

Unless i miss understood and you're running into the unpatched save issue where the textbox is rendered in 640x480 until the day changes

Yeah sorry I meant to say the text margins, not the text box. It just looks a bit off for me that theres so much empty space on the right side; feels a bit lopsided

outside of that, I don't know if I understand how to change the window size. Before applying the patch ons.cg worked fine, but now the resolution is stuck at 1920x1080.

Would you like it to fill the entire screen from left to right?

You should leave it as 1920x1080 in ons.cfg, it will scale up to a higher resolution i.e 1440p by itself. But if you are trying to run it in 4K you should remove scale from it all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Allunatik View Post
    Would you like it to fill the entire screen from left to right?
    Yeah either that or the text is centered in the screen with margins on both ends. If thats not possible then forget i said anything, this is just something i thought when i saw the screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Allunatik View Post
    You should leave it as 1920x1080 in ons.cfg, it will scale up to a higher resolution i.e 1440p by itself. But if you are trying to run it in 4K you should remove scale from it all together.
    sorry i dont think i really understand... my problem is that the window is too big for my laptop, and i want to make it smaller but ons.cg isnt working for that now

Quote Originally Posted by ProtoformX View Post
    Yeah either that or the text is centered in the screen with margins on both ends. If thats not possible then forget i said anything, this is just something i thought when i saw the screenshots
    I've updated the textbox to have more margin X-Y and line spacing, as well as adding alternative textboxes to the post. One being fullwidth and one being centered like the Tsukihime Remake

Fullwidth

Centered

Updated - original

sorry i dont think i really understand... my problem is that the window is too big for my laptop, and i want to make it smaller but ons.cg isnt working for that now
    I tested out varios resolutions all the way from 1440p down to 1280x720 and aspect ratios. The game window fits in both windowed and when i put it in fullscreen by pressing [F]. You shouldn't modify ons.cfg with this patch unless you want to run it in a higher resolution as i commented above.

I wonder if your laptops display isn't 16:9 which is key for this patch to work. Would you tell me your resolution and if possible sharing an screenshot? As a last measure i'd try a different version of Tsukihime. There was one person facing issues with readtsukihime's one on Reddit. It is also key that you replace all files in your game folder with the ones included with the patch.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You know after all these years I always wanted TM to make a QOL changes to the og tsukihime and I guarantee people would buy it.

Your not a TYPE MOON fan if you don't even own a TM Merch or haven't fapped to a TM character.

Okay but where is the link to download the files?

Quote Originally Posted by Namelesss View Post
    You know after all these years I always wanted TM to make a QOL changes to the og tsukihime and I guarantee people would buy it.
    One can always hope we'll get a native port of the remake, for now patching is the best we can do. Anything you'd like to see added?

Quote Originally Posted by voidepiphany View Post
    Okay but where is the link to download the files?
    Check the section "installation" combine the mediafire domain with the link end found below "v.1.04"

Version 1.04 - Fixed Previous Save files

Before

After

Previous users
    If you are running a previous version below 1.04 i suggest updating as other minor changes have been made to setwindow, as well to the alternative textboxes

New users
    Simply follow the installation instructions, patching your savegame is no longer needed as of 1.04
    Last edited by Allunatik; January 20th, 2024 at 08:12 PM.

my problem is that the window is too big for my laptop
    In case anyone else is having this issue, it's fixed by changing Window's scaling settings. It's typically 150% on laptop, and fixes itself when you change it to 100%
    Last edited by Under____; July 22nd, 2023 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Under____ View Post
    In case anyone else is having this issue, it's fixed by changing Window's scaling settings. It's typically 150% on laptop, and fixes itself when you change it to 100%
    Oh thanks! This works amazingly, very nice

and now all the complaints I had when I first came across this project have been dealt with, so once again amazing work here Allunatik!

Quote Originally Posted by Under____ View Post

Oh thanks! This works amazingly, very nice

and now all the complaints I had when I first came across this project have been dealt with, so once again amazing work here Allunatik!
    Thank you, i've updated the original post with a disclaimer. Hopefully it'll be possible to sort this out. Should anyone experienced in Onscripter know please let me know.

Hey, would it possible to preserve the aspect ratio of the CGs? This patch works by zooming in the game images to fit the screen right? While that works well for the regular backgrounds, some of the CGs look pretty off zoomed in. Was wondering if there was a way to fix this? Like to still have the CGs fill the screen without zooming them in?

Quote Originally Posted by fumer View Post
    Hey, would it possible to preserve the aspect ratio of the CGs? This patch works by zooming in the game images to fit the screen right? While that works well for the regular backgrounds, some of the CGs look pretty off zoomed in. Was wondering if there was a way to fix this? Like to still have the CGs fill the screen without zooming them in?
    Not currently, though it's been considered a option for a possible upcoming "Ultimate" edition, which me and another person is working on. The patch would allow for toggle-able options from the original 640x480 with improvements from this patch and lots more. The scope for that project is much larger and requires custom engine work ontop of ONScripter, there's no guarantee just yet but after we're done with the current project(s) we might revisit it.

I can not find the save file for some reason. I checked the path I found on Reddit, which was:-

C:\Users\<USER NAME>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore

but it was empty

Can anyone help me with the path lol?

Quote Originally Posted by gratin View Post
    I can not find the save file for some reason. I checked the path I found on Reddit, which was:-

C:\Users\<USER NAME>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore

but it was empty

Can anyone help me with the path lol?
    This patch uses C:\ProgramData\Tsukihime if you've previously read Tsukihime, depending on where you got it from the save file location will differ and you will want to copy those save files to the new location. The savefiles are envdata, gloval.sav followed by save1.dat save2.dat.. and so forth.

One possible location is under C:\Programdata\ONScripter- (followed by four characters) i.e "C:\Programdata\ONScripter-d579", you can use the old version of Tsukihime and save to find out which folder it is as the "date modified" will be updated.

Another possible location is they are stored in root folder of your previous version where tsukihime.exe is stored.
    Last edited by Allunatik; January 20th, 2024 at 10:38 AM.

V1.05 - Auto mode

-Added auto mode by popular request, the mode can be toggled by pressing the 'A' Key.
    Note: auto mode is interrupted by mouse clicks or pressing the key again by default behavior.

it is.. too big

tried configuring the size in the .cfg file but it does not seem to do anything unfortunately. any ideas?

edit: i attached a file but idk if it can be seen, but basically it is as i have described, the default size is too big for my 1920x1080 screen, even though it should fit completely. going fullscreen doesn't work either

Last edited by hiera; January 21st, 2024 at 05:17 PM.