Thread: Nature's Kingdom [Original]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nature's Kingdom [Original]

Hey people! Not sure if this is a good idea but I don't care I'm gonna do it. This story is an original project, part of a collaborative effort between my friends and I. Yes, this does take inspiration from the Nasuverse and other various fictional material, I'm letting you know that now. Think of it as something to sate your appetite between Fate releases. If you like the story and would like to help me out a bit, you can give a review on WebFictionGuide or simply vote here. (Please do that! Takes like 2 seconds)

If you would like to support my writing please visit my Patreon or PayPal page. Some niffy rewards for people that donate can be seen here.

----

Nature's Kingdom Summary:

Worlds are changing. With the rapid increase of hallowed, metahumans, and superpowered beings, hints of events with cataclysmic proportion can be seen on the horizon.

Phenomena that has not been witnessed since the Age of Gods.

Mercy Gaunt, a somewhat popular teenage girl, finds her life turned upside down as she is dropped into the world of ‘Capes’ and mythical beings. A world of war, conspiracy, and political intrigue. Full of battles that have lasted millennia with deep grudges that had taken root in the past.

As she remembers her childhood dream for utopia, Mercy must decide if she has what it takes to protect the people she loves.

---

You can start by reading the prelude. Or you could skip that and start at chapter one while looking at the prelude later. I would recommend doing the latter option so you can get into
    the meat of the story without boring yourself and losing interest.

Table of Contents:

Volume 1: Into The Spirit

A Prelude

Canto I - Awakening
    1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , I
    Ode: Mercy

Canto II - Secrets
    8 , 9 , 10 , 11

- - - Updated - - -

Nature's Kingdom

Prologue I

Seven full moons shone brilliantly in the clear night sky. A slight breeze traveled across the forest causing the leaves to rustle in the wind. Laying on a branch, a transparent spirit with the figure of a woman with deer-like antlers sprouting from her head gazed at the moons.

“It’s a beautiful night,” Nature whispered to herself. “Don’t you think?”

She glanced at the moons expectantly with her glowing white eyes. Looking down toward the forest floor Nature sighed. This peace will end soon, she thought grimly.

The forest was especially quiet. Normally she preferred a lively forest, hearing the birds sing their beautiful songs, to feel the energy and emotions of the creatures around her. Nature could feel the growth of the trees, grass, shrubs, and bushes.

The spirit wanted to relax and connect more to the forest, but now wasn’t the time. Raising her spirit energy, Nature warned the animals nearby to stay hidden in nightly shadows or to flee from the area.

Darkness is coming…
    Last edited by Fluxx; March 7th, 2018 at 09:56 PM.