Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Grail War RPs Discussion : Troubleshooting, Best Practices, War Stories

Blog Entries
    First of all, I'm not sure why you would invoke Diplomacy, since I'm not sure why simultaneous resolution would make sense for Fate? And moreover once you commit to that then you have to build a really stable rulebase and combat system which is, I mean, more power to you, but good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    All this thread has done is just remind me how much I hate the world for killing the Moon White remake. ;-;

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by zikari8 View Post
    What do you guys think of a play-by-post order-based Grail War a la Diplomacy?

Basically, for clarification's sake, a more game-like Grail War where players write down and submit their actions, trading character and interaction for a more fast-paced competitive game of strategy. Not sure if something similar has been done here in the past.
    Alfheimwander did something that sounds a bit like that. It was a turn-based thing based on the standard Mafia-style Play by Post RP, and it seemed to be working pretty well, but then the player, who I'm pretty sure was the 'murderer' character bailed, right after killing one of the more invested players, then two more bailed, and the game just died after that. However, fel free to try again, Zikari. It did work, we just didn't have the right players. That said, if you make it a comedy again, no will join.
    Fall down the rabbit hole.

Blog Entries
    I mean, it'd just be a Mafia reskin at the end of the day.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Do you feel like a hero yet? Soldat der Trauer's Avatar
    A world that never was, a dream that might yet be.
    Is that necessarily a bad thing, though?
    Let the victor...be justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't say so.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, either way, if you don't make it, you're getting it for free, and it's still a Grail War RP. Everyone seems to want one, so not joining it if it happens would be akin to asking someone to order a pizza, them paying for it and giving it to you, and then throwing it back at them because it's plain, and they didn't get your preferred topping.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post

I mean, either way, if you don't make it, you're getting it for free, and it's still a Grail War RP. Everyone seems to want one, so not joining it if it happens would be akin to asking someone to order a pizza, them paying for it and giving it to you, and then throwing it back at them because it's plain, and they didn't get your preferred topping.
    I'm not so sure about that, honestly. In the end, the players will be only as invested as the GM is. Half-assed Grail War RPs don't really have a great track record on BL and there is a fair number dead corpses littering the RP section that never even got off the ground.

In the end, the impetus should be to make a good Grail War RP. The player engagement, well-made PCs (both Masters and Servants), and almost everything else mentioned here will come naturally if you give the players an actual setting and character creation that properly fuels their imagination.

Whereas if you make Grill... well you kinda get out what you put in. That is not to say that there is nothing wrong with Grill, but everyone already expects it to be kind of a short-term fling, rather than something truly fantastic.

Spicy memes though. Missile and Servant matryoshkas 4ever.
    Last edited by Mellon; November 8th, 2017 at 06:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    Hey, just because it's Mafia doesn't mean the creator isn't invested in it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    Hey, just because it's Mafia doesn't mean the creator isn't invested in it.
    Aah, my bad. My post wasn't really referring to this idea specifically, more the general sentiment behind your statement. I'm sure that the concept itself can somehow be crafted into a viable RP.

Blog Entries
    I've gotten the details fleshed out for my new Grail War Tournament, I plan on releasing it tomorrow morning so look forward to it! Though I'll warn, it's best if you consider about wanting to play the whole three or so months the tourney is going to take and teams will be allowed so if you want to team up look for a partner!

Blog Entries
    Alright tourney is up. if you are interested join the discord chat labeled in the rulebook and state your intentions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing