Thread: Machine Heroes volume one

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Machine Heroes volume one

Machine Heroes, Emiya of many worlds: Volume one

The white haired Master of Space looked down at the child like figure, “You said get you some help, aren't these guys enough?” he asked. The blond boy stared with a frown, it was not as if he could honestly reject the wizard’s attempt at assistance, “It's not that, I'm stuck in this body, you could have done something about it instead of recruiting them. Regardless of the particulars you need to get clear Magic Man.” The Master of the Second Magic nodded and disappeared abruptly.

Turning around he looked at the help he had gotten, Shirou Emiya prior to the Fifth War, Kiritsugu from at the least amid the Fourth War and the red clad Archer Heroic Spirit Emiya, “Alright guys, welcome to the squad, our job is to save the world. This world we'll be entering is one of infinite number, so it might be different from what you're used to, until we can figure out what the situation is it would be best to keep out of sight where possible.” He said only eliciting a blank stare from the other three.

“Look kid, I don't know who you are but I definitely don't take orders from some teenage punk” Archer asserted folding his arms across his chest, Shirou said nothing but simply assessed the kid, white sneakers, black track pants and a red hoodie were what he was wearing aside from a decently sized, obviously magical sword on his back, he was blond and about four foot eleven inches tall with green eyes, it had reminded Shirou, or rather would have if he had met Saber of the King of Knights.

“I wouldn't have been so confrontational about it but I agree, a kid can't really know what war is like, even if you have experience I doubt it's enough to call you a leader with skills good enough to do what needs to be done to save the world” Kiritsugu chimed in as the white void in which they had previous stood in gave way to the streets of Fuyuki city.

Almost immediately Archer and Kiritsugu moved to leave, “Hey damn it! We aren't done here” the blond shouted, “Regardless of whether you are the leader or not your idea to investigate is good, we'll meet at the tonight at ten o'clock at the bridge leading into the newer part of the city” Kiritsugu said as he walked off leaving Shirou standing there with the blond, “Well, my name is Shirou Emiya” he said extending a hand, the blond shook it effortlessly, “Satoshi, I usually don't look like a teenager by the way”

Chapter one: Emiya versus Arturia Pendragon

Kiritsugu dressed in the same attire as the four war stood out as unique but unremarkable against the bustling city, during his investigation he found ten years had passed from the Fourth Holy Grail War. Apparently this version had taken up residence at the in city location he had found as an alternative base. Staying out of sight he eventually found that he, that is the Kiritsugu of this world, adopted a young boy named Shirou and, unexpectedly curious he decided to look into it directly. What he found was a dusty, disheveled compound. It was as if it had barely been made livable, pausing in thought he had failed to hear the front door or the approach of the woman, “Kiritsugu Emiya. It's nice to see you again” the voice greeted him dripping with venom, turning around Kiritsugu saw his former Servant Saber except that her skin was now a pale and her eyes a dull luminescent gold, rather than her suit or armour she was clad is a flowing black dress slightly shorter than her armoured skirt had been.

Kiritsugu weighed his options and decided not to put up a fight in daylight hours hoping it would be enough to convince her to be civil. Luckily despite the change Arturia still held to the rules regarding outsiders, “I killed you before, and your son, and that daughter of yours, did you become a Dead Apostle?” the alter King asked eyeing the Magus Killer.

“I can't rightly say, as for your last comment, I wasn't aware Kings of your sort slaughtered children” he replied. After's face twisted in rage and her sword materialized flying past Kiritsugu’s head and into the wall, “Don't you dare mock me! This form is your doing, your selfish wish to destroy the Grail caused it! I lived on to participate in the next war, you, an assassin with no idea of honour have no right to judge me!” she snapped.

“He can't but I think we can sit in judgement of your failure” a male voice proclaimed, turning around Arturia found Satoshi and standing next to him was Mordred in full armour sans the helmet, “Your acts are unbecoming of a King” the Knight of Treachery proclaimed. Without her sword and seeing the situation Alter frowned holding in her anger, “Say what you will but we cannot involve the common people” she stated clenching her fists unconsciously as they sat at her sides.

Chapter two: Heaven’s failure

“Now listen Shirou, we can't have you running off to save the day, I mean I get it, I really do but context matters” Satoshi explained before turning around due to the lack of reply, “You have got to be kidding, this is an alternate universe, not a play house. For all you three idiots know you could be fighting Vlad the Impaler or Mordred rather than CuCulainn or Hassan” Satoshi grumbled letting out a sigh and sat down on a nearby bench, ‘I may look thirteen right now but my mind is still here, I'm the guy that the World summoned to fix things, even if they don't believe me. All three are off doing their own thing, since I'm definitely in suck town in terms of combat I'll need an edge...can't use my blood as a catalyst, barely managed that when my magic flowed properly, guess I'll have to use the sword’ he thought grasping at the hilt, ‘Yeah, it's definitely Clarent, best case Mordred, worse case Caster Arturia...do I really need a Servant in the Grail War? I could just ninja Gilgamesh and....no, wouldn't work, looks like I'm stuck taking a risk’ sighing again he left to find a secluded spot and begin the ritual.

“Come forth and into battle, o bloody traitor of legend. Become my sword and I shall grant your desire a means to see truth. For victory I shall trade my blood and spirit to the very last, come forth, Mordred Pendragon!” Satoshi spoke the chant and the world around him burst into flames, the summoning had worked but his magic, that of a dragon, was ill defined in his current state. Coughing up a lung as the smoke cleared Satoshi found a silver and red armoured knight standing before him, doubtlessly this was Mordred, “You who calls the name Pendragon traitor, are you my Master?” she asked.

Shaking off the smoke he nodded, “Yeah, look, I'm not going to lie, I really don’t care about the Grail War, my mission is just made easier with your help” Satoshi could feel the odd stare she was giving him even with the helmet between them, “See I get summoned to fix things that would break the world, normally a Grail War should happen but if there are too many inconsistencies in regards to time or space reality collapses killing everyone, I need to find the problem before we can fight for real” he explained in hopes that would ease the tension.

Sadly Satoshi was not in luck as Mordred simply stared at him. It took him about two minutes in this emotional hell scape before he had realized he hadn't answered her question, “Right, yes, Mordred, Knight of Peerless Treachery, I, Satoshi Emiya, am your Master. What is your class?” Satoshi asked folding his arms across his chest. Mordred removed her helmet, steel clanking as the multiple piece head case folded away to reveal, to Satoshi, a much younger version of the knight than Satoshi had expected, ‘Right, this version probably died in history rather than becoming a cursed immortal like the one I know, well can't win them all, she's probably just an average swordsmen as she is now. Probably better that we're on par, I'd never live it down if Momo ever gets tangible proof she's better at sword fighting than me’ he thought.

Mordred squinted at Satoshi, “You are an odd Master I think, regardless we simply need to search for this obstruction? What does it look like? Do you have any objections to fighting the other Servants during our search?”

Satoshi paused thinking, this was definitely his ever pushy sister Mordred, that meant he'd have to be careful with his words, “it could be anything or anyone, I'll definitely know it when I see it though. As for fighting Servants, no, not unless they are a direct threat, at least, not until you've met Archer, he too is a Servant but like me he's here to fix the distortion. And, only if you listen to my commands exactly, I can't have you running off on your own, my mana pool is wide and shallow at the moment, I can't heal or assist you if it's a grave injury”

“Are you injured?” she asked, Satoshi paused, “Not exactly but that's a good way to look at it. However regardless of my state you didn't answer question, state your Class”

“The Grail should allow you to see my abilities Master” she replied, Satoshi frowned, “Indeed, I am your Master, regardless of whether or not I can see it I gave you an order to declare it. Or would you rather I waste a command seal on your petulant behavior?” Mordred frowned in turn, “Yes, of course, I am Saber Master, as per your summons I come as your sword”

Satoshi nodded, “Thank you. With that information it also shows immediately where we need to go. There is a house in the city belonging normally to my family, it would appear that's where the irregularity is. Without meddling with the summoning you should not be Saber”

Mordred huffed exasperated, “Do you think so low of the Hero you've summoned?”

Satoshi shook his head, “No. It's that this time and this war is very much set in certain ways, Saber is only supposed to be one person. Which means we may run into the worst situation”

Mordred stared for a moment and then, satisfied that her Master was not patronizing her reequipped her helmet, “Lead the way Master”
    http://forums.darksidemoon.net

come join us, Darksidemoon is a new forum for discussion of all things tm

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

I'm a bit lost but good job and keep up the good work.