Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate After Separation (FateXGundam)

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fate After Separation (FateXGundam)

(this is another one of those stories where you vote to alter the course of the story although it's a bit less voting in this one, enjoy guys)

Change is inevitable. The future can take many paths, it is said that as humanity progresses the arcane force known as magic would give way to human technology. It is at least convincible as a theory.

What changes a theory into fact is a spark. The future gives no care to the form of the spark that guides it thus this future turns to technology and war out of fear.

A fear of the truth and the unknown. The year is now zero five of the year following the foundation of colonies for the expansion of the humanity. Through the selfishness and scheming of certain men the peaceful space turned against humanity under the guise of a witch hunt against the magi. At the head of this movement Zouken Matou. This secession from earth gave rise to the date marker As or after separation.

Thus with Space prepared for war Earth responded by cooperating out of fear and finding as many magi as they could and killing them. The few left along with those that could see the truth of this new age worked to create weapons of an equal standard to now war design mobile suits the space forces had.

Uncertain of proper candidates for these new weapons they were consolidated in the city of Fuyuki.

It was at this point that a certain war would take place but defying that tradition the arbiter of the war at request of all concerned brought the masters and servant together.

With the exception of Rider and her master all answered the call.

First came the servant caster, her master Kuzuki and her own servant assassin. Kirei handed to them three suits The Gundam heavy arms, the specialized mobile suit Kampfer and the transforming suit Taurus.

Shortly after leaving with their weapons a gold mobile suit the Hyaku Shiki shot down The Taurus piloted by Kuzuki and then left. The Caster servant Medea then vowed revenge on the golden mobile suit and sought to hunt it down leaving with assassin.

The second group came after the golden mobile suits pilot a servant interrupted a battle between Saber, Archer and Berserker and killed the latter vowing to face the others when the time was right.

The group then proceeded to have the situation explained to them and give the task at hand a deal was struck between the three knight’s servants and their masters to work as a team.

Thus they and their companions were handed the Atlas a space battle cruiser and a host of mobile weapons to fight the oppression the space federation poses to the earth. With weapons in hand the group left with those sympathetic to their plight.

One who wished to go however did not. This caged bird unable to sing shall be given wings of light by the darkest of souls.

Chapter one: Soaring blossom.

It something I’ve seen him do hundreds of times and even I as the king of heroes and greatest of men know that I could not succeed at such treachery. But that is simply because a real man needs no tricks to obtain the things he wishes, the grail and my own aims will come in time but I wish to see if humanity having pierced the heavens where no gods lay can redeem itself with a new stage upon which to act.

“You wish to go after them, isn’t that right Sakura matou? If you wish to fly to their side then you must simply raise your wings” the priest expounds.

“But I have no wings, no power, as it is I can’t do anything” the purple haired fake replies nervously shifting on her. She’s probably sulking inside about that couple of worms that took her servant into space, ha women like her are worthless.

“I see, well then allow me to give you your wings. There is one last suit and I think it was waiting you to be honest” he replies lying.

The girl perks up stumbling a bit as she follows Kirei to be shown a weapon called Wing Gundam not unlike the weapon given to that witch caster. Although I could get I already have Hyaku Shiki and for now that is enough.

The booster kicks in and then another odd noise indicates the suit’s transformation and with that the fake little girl is gone, good riddance.

(Scene break)

The rumbling is a bit jarring. That priest could have told me to run a system check, he gave this and I can now go help senpai but I despite that I don’t think I like father Kotomine.

Luckily this Gundam called wing has an idle mode where it can hover so I can take the time to read the manual and not attract attention. The manual is very technical however it has diagrams and so forth that let me figure enough out to use it, I am worried a bit about combat but as long as I use the bird mode and slowly ease into using the mobile suit mode I think I’ll be able to handle any fights I get in given the defensive abilities of this suit.

Unfortunately Senpai and nee-san’s battle ship is radar cloaked and the sensors on Wing aren’t calibrated to search for IFF signals in the first place. It’s a strong suit but I’ve only got sixty percent of it’s abilities working. There should be an index of encounter suits as well but no data has been entered. Well I should at the least start to collect data from a base somewhere. I know enough about computers to pull off unprotected data but I guess that’ll have to be enough for now. The system has an enemy base list in it which makes me think that father Kotomine deleted the suit data on purpose.

At any rate

1) I wonder how senpai is doing

2) I hope Rider is alright

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hooray, it is here! Let us go with 1!
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    A real Sakura would go for Sempai. Number 1!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, I'm going to pick Rider, because I want to know what she's up to right now.

Blog Entries
    Since this is Sakura, she's going to pick Shirou.

Option One.

It must be option 1. Dun dun dun.

Blog Entries
    Choice one: I hope Sakura’s ok, with everyone that came with us I expected her to come as well but I’m glad she didn’t. If Taiga or Sakura got caught up in the fighting I’d die of worry.

The ship Atlas is huge but if I’m honest I’ve rarely been anywhere in the last six hours apart from the briefing room, which is in the current case the ship’s bridge because most of the other rooms are filled with unpacked stuff.

The crew is short handed and we aren’t a real military force. I’m not thrilled with the vote to choose the captain resulting in Tohsaka’s servant Archer being in charge but I can’t say I’m in a position to complain since Saber turned down the notion of being captain the second it was brought up as a possibility for her. Besides that Saber kinda stabbed him so we sort of owe it to him to keep him out of suit combat for awhile.

Apparently the reason for Saber’s refusal was because I insisted on piloting one of the mobile suits. Saber is a protective and dutiful person as far as I can tell. She and Rin have taken the time to explain the grail war and while I’m not happy about this larger real war we’ve entered into I am glad I don’t have to fight Tohsaka to the death. I think if I won I’d have nightmares.

I’ve been given the job when not in combat to tune up the mobile suits on the ship. I have no objection to doing it, after all I’m suited for the job. It’s just the way Archer picked me, like he knew about the kind of skills I have. Maybe I’m imagining things but I can’t shake the feeling he’s more then he says.

At the moment there are only Three mobile suits in the hanger, a green humanoid suit called Leo with a number of directional thrusters on it, it has two weapons, a machine gun that’s solid rounds fed from a canister and beam saber stored in it’s shield. By what I can tell it’s modifiable, relatively quick and balanced both in form and weapon load out. Much like Saber herself so it fits her.

The second is my suit GM. It, like Saber’s is a mass production model and nothing special. However it’s some what more humanoid then the Leo, having a face rather then just a square view point for the main camera.

The GM came with a bunch of optional equipment as well, since I’m backing up Saber in battle it’s a good thing. I think for now I’ll stick with the beam spray pistol and the shield that was equipped on the unit.

Personally I’m not worried about my own load out but rather the size of our force over all. We have just Saber and I at the moment to fight off other mobile suits. We’ve got an incomplete third unit called Gundam which is the predecessor to the GM unit, stronger too. As well as some blue prints for incomplete suits, I have spare parts for the GM so I want to see if I can manage something and hopefully get us a spare suit.

1) Get to work

2) Get lunch

Banned
    Blog Entries
    OK, well, Sakura is coming hunting for them, and if Shirou makes another suit they're more likely to attack her, so option 2, get lunch.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    LIKE A KING

Blog Entries
    1.) Get to Work.

It's Shirou. There aren't anythings like food when things need to be fixed!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Shirou is a hard worker who goes with number one!
    He never takes a break when there is work to be done!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    OK, well, having talked to Lantz, I think I'll switch to 1....

Blog Entries
    Choice one: “And that Idiot is still in there working” Rin snaps in a huff.

She doesn’t understand him. At least not yet “Well if you’re worried about him then bring him his food when he forgets Rin, I can’t fault him for being dedicated especially considering the situation at hand.” I reply firmly.

Rin twitches “Ayako already did that captain, I’m worried about him as a pilot. If he doesn’t get enough sleep we may all die” she answers pouting at she continues to eat her food.

“Fair enough Rin, I’ll talk to him tomorrow.” I concede Rin then asks different questions of me and informs me of the state of the rag tag crew, it’s all very standard stuff about my memory and the like and for now I can’t tell her the truth. I’m worried about battle in general but at the very least Shirou won’t turn out like me.

Our meal is eaten in silence and we turn in for the night. Despite what the others may think about our rooming together it is honestly about space being scare, we have separate beds, not that I really need one as I am

For all my experience I’m certainly not prepared to be bright bloody Noh. Sighing I’m left with a few options a Rin falls asleep.

1) go to the bridge

2) go to the suit hanger

3) Go find Ayako

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    2. We must see the mechas!
    LIKE A KING

Blog Entries
    3.) Go find Ayako.

Since there's no molest Rin option.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Since there's no molest Rin option.
    If there was, you know what I would have chose...
    LIKE A KING

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    1) Go to the bridge.

Let the captain see his ship! Let him observe his staff! Let him hit on the cute bridge bunnies! Let him assume his ass kicking captain's position! Let him charge up his Bright Archer Slap!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, let's go to the bridge. It seems like the right thing for the captain to do....

Blog Entries
    Choice one: a captain’s place is on the bridge and that’s me for the time being. Atlas was the titan who held up the heavens, I’m aware that the group who made it bears the same name and as an off shoot of the mage association so I’m not surprised at the arrogance and ignorance shown with the name.

The hopes of the world are ours to make real and by extension I am the one responsible if we fail as I am in charge. Well getting down to it I check the systems over to make sure they’re calibrated, suddenly the communications station flares to life. Atlas has sent us a report.

The first section details a bird like plane having attacked a space fed base on earth to the far east past the ocean. It sounds like it could be in Canada somewhere while the second part details a Gundam listed in our registry as heavy arms attacking near a city call Misaki west of here.

Our current destination is north to meet up with allied forces but I’m rather troubled by these reports.

1) Continue north

2) Go west

3) Go east

Banned
    Blog Entries
    OK, let's go East, because I want to see what is going on there. Option 3.