Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Reclamation (OOC)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    So I'm working on a sheet to submit as of now (a Rider), and I'm wondering about something. With regard to Class Skills that a Servant has to have, what happens in cases where the Skill is sealed due to being overwritten with one of the Servant's other abilities? Like Siegfried's Magic Resistance being overwritten by Armor Of Fafnir, or Drake's Voyager Of The Storm replacing Riding.

I'm curious since that's the case for my own sheet and I wonder if you still need to spend points for that Skill (probably at E-rank) even if it's not being used. Asking since I really need those points...
    Everyone needs the points.

For Siegfried, yes. You would still have to pay for it. The second option may be doable, but would really need to make sense for the Heroic Spirit in question. Honestly, it's still an uphill climb, since it wouldn't really be fair towards everyone else.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellon View Post
    Everyone needs the points.

For Siegfried, yes. You would still have to pay for it. The second option may be doable, but would really need to make sense for the Heroic Spirit in question. Honestly, it's still an uphill climb, since it wouldn't really be fair towards everyone else.
    Thanks man.

Blog Entries
    do you pay seperately for the cost of spells in a crest?

also, does it cost points for an E rank stat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    do you pay seperately for the cost of spells in a crest?
    No. Having a Crest is like having super-limited spell creation in that field. Only I am creating the spells, so they may not always be the most optimal for the task (but they will get what you want done).

also, does it cost points for an E rank stat?
    Yes. And all attributes must be at least E rank (though I am always open to any fun ideas people might have on that front).

Blog Entries
    Just sent over a barebones sheet. Want to find out if the idea is workable before fleshing out the particulars. Clock tower lord.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm sending the first draft too.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    big beefy enforcer dude

get punched

Blog Entries
    “This guy is completely overpowered, it’s like he has three noble phantasms, blah blah not sure if even a servant could do this, you are actually insane tobias”

i think he likes it. I really have a good feeling about this one getting through.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    “This guy is completely overpowered, it’s like he has three noble phantasms, blah blah not sure if even a servant could do this, you are actually insane tobias”

i think he likes it. I really have a good feeling about this one getting through.
    Good luck mate!

Blog Entries
    Guess I'll play with a concept or two.
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

Well I submitted a character not too long ago and hope I get in and best of luck to the ones of you that are successful in getting in. This looks like an interesting idea that could lead to a good story. Can't wait to see the characters everyone made.

Blog Entries
    Guys, there is no need to panic if I haven't responded yet. I will try to give in-depth feedback to all the sheets I have received by the weekend, but if I haven't gotten back to you yet, it is not indicative of anything.

I'll also give an overview of what kind of sheets I have received (e.g subfactions, Servant classes, etc) on the weekend so people have a better understanding of the population counts for different slots.
    Last edited by Mellon; December 6th, 2017 at 05:10 PM.

Just sent my sheet to you. Good luck everyone!
    "Nothing is the greatest gift Mankind has ever been giving."

"Wait. How so?"

"Because it's the only thing Mankind can ever give a shit about"

Having trouble understanding the boon the Faculty and Students receive.
    Each PC in this faction gains 5 points which can be freely used to buy spells associated with their faculty (at 1 point per spell rank). Only spells up to C-rank can be purchased in this manner.
    If spells already cost 2AP per rank, do these "extra points" count for 2AP each, or 1AP? Does it count as 2AP at all? The way I'm reading it makes it look like you'd have points left over if C is the highest rank you're allowed.

Blog Entries
    Each of the points is equivalent to 2 AP.

So you could spend three of your Faculty points on a C rank spell, and then the other two on a D rank spell also relating to your faculty.

Blog Entries
    Worked up the resolve to throw out a first draft since I promised myself I would next time a Fate RP rolled around. I shall be as nerves. ;.;

Looks cool regardless. ^^ I’ll be reading along.

Signature by fumato

Blog Entries
    Right. A couple more general perks.

Perks - General
    Sensory Overload
    Cost - 25 AP

Your senses are sharpened to their utmost extremes, to the point where they can almost be considered to be a supernatural ability all on their own. You are capable of parrying ranged attacks, even when they come from high-speed projectile weapons such as guns, provided they are not fired at extreme distances and that you are capable of seeing your opponent. You also capable of evading incoming attacks even when ambushed. These bonuses do not apply when faced with enemies who greatly surpass your physical capabilities (e.g Servants).

Corpse Scavenger

Cost - 30 AP

You possess no small talent in a rather reviled area of magecraft - Necromancy. You are capable of quickly creating Mystic Codes from the bodies and remains of the dead. While low-ranking Mystic Codes (E-D) can be created from normal human remains, higher-ranking Mystic Codes typically require the remains (or body parts, to be more precise) of more spiritually powerful existences, such as Phantasmal Beasts or high-ranking Magi. The Mystic Codes produced by this perk are created by the GM based on the source and body part in question.

Adherent of the Law
    Cost - 25 AP

You are well versed in the creation and enforcement of Magical Contracts - inalienable agreements made between two magi.

With sufficient time, you are capable of preparing a magical contract that binds both sides to certain terms. Traditionally, the condition enforcing these contracts is death, but this is not something that is truly an inherent part of the ritual and can be changed depending on necessity. However, the consequence for violating the contract must be equal for both parties.

While it is potentially possible that such contracts could even bind Servants, their effectiveness on beings of higher orders is uncertain. Certainly, bypassing such contracts would be child’s play for magi that surpass the modern era. Nevertheless, for Masters, the terms of such a contract would be absolute, barring exceptional circumstances.

Self-Suggestion
    Cost - 25 AP

You possess a unique capacity for self-hypnosis. Much like normal magi, you are capable of self-suggestion in order to bring forth magecraft. However, your skill in this field is such that you are even capable of creating behavioral instructions in your subconscious that trigger based on unconscious circumstances present in the environment. It takes one Phase to prepare a self-suggestion and all PCs with this perk start with one condition set. Pick one of two following effects

Self-Suggested Spellcasting - Pick a condition and a spell in your repertoire. You immediately cast this spell provided that the condition is fulfilled. This condition must be relatively specific (something like “I am being attacked” would not fulfill the condition, while “I am attacked by a ranged weapon” would be sufficient enough), but once fulfilled, the spell cast time is set to Instant, regardless of rank, and it is instantly cast. Prana cost is paid when the condition is triggered and is equal to twice the spell cost.

Physical Self-Suggestion - Pick a condition and two attributes. Once this condition is fulfilled, these two attributes are elevated by two ranks for as long as this condition is being fulfilled (e.g I am being attacked by a Servant). There is no prana cost for this type of self-suggestion, but only one suggestion of this type can be in effect at any one moment.

I also promised that I'll give an overview of the sheet distribution so far. So here it is.

Magic Association

3 Faculty
    1 Lord
    1 Enforcer

Three Families

3 Tohsaka
    1 Matou

Servants

2 Lancers
    4 Sabers
    3 Berserkers
    1 Rider
    1 Caster
    Last edited by Mellon; December 9th, 2017 at 11:59 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Dang, I got competition.

I'm making an archer
    <Airen> I play hetero every once in awhile
    Spoiler:
    <~Katie> dude who gives a fuck about girls being gay, sometimes girls aren't gay and that decision should be respected

Spoiler:
    [12:21.40] that might be a top tier post[12:21.45] frantic[12:21.47] post of the month, even[12:21.48] this right here[12:21.49] is MC [12:21.56] johnny has nothing on this dude[12:22.00] he's the MC of the nisio half[12:22.12] so wait[12:22.15] [ ] is, after all, my rival character[12:22.16] am i the gag heroine[12:22.20] yes

Blog Entries
    That’s odd, I was told there already were a few lord sheets.