Page 12 of 91 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172262 ... LastLast

Thread: But For A Stone (A Matou Shinji Series AU)

[x] Let one of the others handle it
    [x] The Kitchens

[X] Laugh it off

[X] The Greenhouse where Miyuki works on her personal projects

Lol we actually told Pince we were studying Occlumency

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter View Post
    Yes, yes, you did indeed. I'm sure nothing bad could possibly result of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    "You want me to explain it, Madam? Ok. Well you see according to Newton's Law of Universal Gravitation, which states that a particle attracts every other particle in the universe using a force that is directly proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between their centers. And since the ground we are standing on is so very massive in relationship to these books as well as being in close proximity of said ground being that they were in the hands of Ms. Granger at the time, the force was strong enough to pull the books towards the ground as you see before you. Such is the wonders of the magic of science."
    On a side note, this would have merited a detention for being a smartass.
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; January 1st, 2018 at 01:59 AM.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    Yes, yes, you did indeed. I'm sure nothing bad could possibly result of this.
    Oof
    Rly guys
    We literally just had a incident in DADA and now we could possibly get even more unwanted attention

Anyway, lmao Hermione
    Last edited by Haunter; January 1st, 2018 at 02:09 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Anyway, lmao Hermione
    Thanks to how you answered, you saved her from being banned from the library for her entire term at Hogwarts. Imagine, having to borrow books from classmates, and study with other people, instead of looking things up herself. Social links, how terrible!
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; January 1st, 2018 at 04:36 AM.
    "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne

Thanks to how you answered, you saved her from being banned from the library for her entire term at Hogwarts. Imagine, having to borrow books from classmates, and study with other people, instead of looking things up herself. Social links, how terrible!
    but at least we can still be buddies right

Blog Entries
    What? I don't see how revealing our trump card at the first opportunity could hurt us... Learning to shield your thoughts should make you more reluctant to do that kind of stuff ironically but, I assume people found the idea hilarious or something. Hope it was worth it.

The only saving grace is that we may still have a chance to turn Hermione into a more neutral stance towards Shinji, thus avoiding accidental dark lord in the making reveal, as well as potential discovery of his cheating method during potions.

Otherwise, prepare for a major hit to housemates' points, as well as being kicked out of the Slug Club faster than you can say quidditch.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daiki View Post
    What? I don't see how revealing our trump card at the first opportunity could hurt us... Learning to shield your thoughts should make you more reluctant to do that kind of stuff ironically but, I assume people found the idea hilarious or something. Hope it was worth it.
    Occlumency helps you defend your mind and regulate your emotions. It does not, sadly, make you any smarter (see: Harry Potter).

And well, its not as if Shinji didn't reveal his trump card this early in the other thread, given how he showed off to Harry on the train - or at the Isle of Thule, showed off fusion.

Blog Entries
    I like to think that a Shinji who doesn't put as much emphasis on grandstanding would do marginally better in that regard. Especially when the discipline itself leans more towards the concealing side.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daiki View Post
    I like to think that a Shinji who doesn't put as much emphasis on grandstanding would do marginally better in that regard. Especially when the discipline itself leans more towards the concealing side.
    Hard to say. If he was set on not revealing anything, maybe he should have just told the truth and admitted that it was Hermione who dropped the books and ran. After all, what does he care about a mere Ravenclaw, especially one who seemed so offended by his very existence?

Blog Entries
    Fair point.

[X] Laugh it off
    [X] The Greenhouse where Miyuki works on her personal projects

I am somewhat afraid that Laugh it off might result in Myrtle thinking they are making fun of her, but really three first years are not about to have wild threesomes, so it must be a joke.

On a side note, this would have merited a detention for being a smartass.
    Totally worth it.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    How does Shinji respond? [x] Laugh it off
    And where would Shinji like to have counseling with Miyuki? [X] The Greenhouse where Miyuki works on her personal projects

Exploration 3

The shade of Myrtle Warren is taken aback when Shinji just starts laughing at her, outrage, indignation and raw hurt flitting across her features as she looks at the three students.

"It's not funny!" she insists, looking down at the three, one of which was laughing, with the other two seeming rather embarrassed at Myrtle's earlier words. "I'm going to tell Filch about what you're all doing."

Turning about with a huff, Moaning Myrtle began to make for the wall, only to freeze in midair, spectral hands going to her throat as if something was strangling her from behind.

'Huh? But...she's a ghost...'
    Shinji thought to himself, feeling rather confused. 'How...'

Glancing to the side, he saw Ernie looking similarly astonished, so it couldn't be the other boy doing something.

'It can't be Natsumi, can...?'

And then his mind froze as he saw the chestnut-haired girl beside him with her arm raised, her outstretched hand seeming to grip something intangible.

'Is she...?'

Shinji looked back at Myrtle, only to find that ghost was writhing in mid-air, desperately trying to free herself from the stranglehold, but was sadly unable to. The specter seemed like she was trying to say something, from how her mouth was flapping open and closed, but try as she might, the words couldn't come.

"Uh...Natsumi?" he says dumbly. "What are you doing?"

"Making sure this ghost doesn't get the wrong idea."

"But..."

"It's a ghost. A spirit. It has no right to bully the living," Natsumi says, though she's trembling even so.

"Bully?"

"Miyuki-senpai told me to be strong. To stand up to bullies. So that's what I'm doing," she says, as she tightens her grip, and Myrtle's eyes budge out in shock and fear. "Whether it's a person or an evil spirit wearing one's shape."

"Um..."

"If she wants me to stop, the spirit just has to promise that she'll stop trying to get us into trouble," Natsumi notes, her voice oddly calm as she regards the choking ghost. "Ghosts shouldn't need to breathe anyway, so she's probably just pretending to choke to make us feel bad."

What does Matou Shinji do?

[ ] Say that she's probably had enough
    [ ] Agree with Natsumi
    [ ] Look to Ernie
    [ ] Suggest going somewhere else
    [ ] Ask Myrtle if she will promise to behave if released
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; January 2nd, 2018 at 01:53 AM.

Can we make a writte-in alf.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yes, you can make a write in.

[x]leave the place and suggest ask to the older inhabitants of the castle (house elves) about interesting places to investigate.

Blog Entries
    [x] Ask Myrtle if she will promise to behave if released.

Damage is done at this point. Let's try to work a way for Natsumi to release the ghost without losing points.
    Last edited by Daiki; January 2nd, 2018 at 03:39 AM.

[x] Ask Myrtle if she will promise to behave if released

[X] Write In: Say that standing up to bullies is good but not at the cost of becoming the bully yourself. Stop.

Yeah, I know we wanted a more evil route but I do not see why we should begin that with Natsumi going Sith at the moment without pointing it out to her.

Asking Myrtle to me is a dumb idea because she is so afraid at the moment that she would agree to anything to make it stop. Its holding a gun to someone head and saying I am peacefuel person, please agree with me. Its false.

And this act just proves that Shinji and group is no better than the people that caused Myrtle to be crying in the bathroom when she died in the first plce. Unless they stop.

Daiki, you want her to stop without losing points, this statement I think is a way to get her to stop without losing points in the end. Yes maybe a hit now but after she cools off I think she would rather thankful.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; January 2nd, 2018 at 02:24 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
    And this act just proves that Shinji and group is no better than the people that caused Myrtle to be crying in the bathroom when she died in the first plce. Unless they stop.
    Well, that depends. Do you consider something like a ghost to have the same rights as a human? They are but echoes, impressions of a person that once was, and Natsumi just doesn't see the need to let a spiteful, petty ghost get them into trouble just for wandering the castle on a weekend. Further, Natsumi doesn't honestly believe that the ghost is hurting - she believes the ghost is pretending to choke and struggle, just to make them feel bad, and that the worst that can happen is that it can't get away.